[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling Merchant Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 5

File: raft.jpg (158KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
raft.jpg
158KB, 900x596px
An anon requested I run a travelling merchant quest, so I'm giving it a try..

There's a market at The Cliff. The stalls have been stocked from the caves in the chalk cliff behind and each sport a calling merchant. You take a quick look around from where you're standing, seeing what's for sale near you.

Fish. The market always smells of fish and its skies are always patrolled by seagulls. Fish and shellfish and eels carried back from the sea on small boats and rafts. Sometimes corals and anemones.

Wood. A load of timber from the forest. Smells of pine. That'll build more boats for more men to catch more fish and eels. Timber might not be a good use of space on your small sailcraft but there may also be woodland flowers, furs or spices for sale.

A breeze from the ocean cools you while you think while the spring sun shines down from above.

>Take a closer look at the seafood stall
>Take a closer look at the timber stall
>Walk further down the beach and examine more stalls
>Other
>>
>>45781348
>Walk further down the beach and examine more stalls
>>
>>45782057
This
>>
File: oi_goym.webm (3MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
oi_goym.webm
3MB, 1024x768px
>>45781348
>>Walk further down the beach and examine more stalls
>>
What they said
>>
>>45782057
You decide to explore further down the beach. You want to be sure of everything in The Cliff's market before you set sail. You stroll down the pebble beach, the white chalk cliffs behind you forming an impressive backdrop. You've lived here all your life - it's completely usual to you.

You gaze over the other stalls.

Fishing gear. In The Cliff there is always demand. A man in a sleeved jacket is selling lobster pots, fish hooks, nets, oars and pieces of sail. You plan to set sail today - it might be prudent to buy some backup gear. He's set the oars above the stall on a couple of wooden posts.

Further down the beach is another stall, and the sweet smell draws you in. This stall sells honey. The honey will have been harvested from the fields far above the beach and brought down through the cliff's cavern system.This stall is manned by what look like a mother and daughter. There are wooden barrels, which might contain honey or mead.

The last stall is staffed by a skinny, tall boy of your age selling seabird eggs out of wicker baskets.
>>
>>45781348
>Sometimes corals and anemones.

This has got me thinking. We could start dealing in rare magical potion ingredients... but we dont know anything about magical ingredients yet.

Seems like a good market though.
>>
>>45782508
Inside a certain cave is a sheltered cafe. Well, perhaps cafe is too posh a term. It serves food and booze and other people's stories. Always a safe bet to get a full mug of mead and a bowl of soup. You aren't too hungry but you'd get out of the cold.

>Go to the fishing gear stall
>Go to the honey stall
>Go to the eggs stall
>Go to the cafe
>Go back to the previous stalls
>Write in
>>
>>45782830
>Go to the honey stall
>>
>>45782830
>>Go to the fishing gear stall
>>
>>45782923
>>45782889
You walk over to the honey stall. The women sit together at a table, wooden barrels behind them. The girl looks at you and gives a smile as her long hair blows in the wind, while the woman stays expressionless.

"Good morning!," says the girl, "what would you like?"

You think of your budget. You have a purse of copper coins and a few discs of spice. Enough to buy a few barrels of honey if you wanted - but could you sell it?

>I'd like to buy some honey
>I'd like to buy some mead
>I'd like to sample the honey
>This is good sailing weather
>Write in
>>
>>45783394
>This is good sailing weather
>>
>>45783467
The woman grins at you and you can see how she looks like the honeyhaired girl beside her.

"You're right. The sea's gentle. The wind's strong but not too much. Good weather."

She looks past you to the sea. You turn and watch the grey water break its waves against the beach. The wind blows and the birds circle and the sun shines.

"Would you like to try the honey?" asks the girl.

>I'd love to
>That's not needed
>Don't reply
>Write in
>>
While I wait:

The Cliff is a village on top of a tall chalk cliff that links meadows and fields above with a pebble beach and the grey sea below. Through the cliff run a network of caverns that run all the way through the stone and are used to transport goods to the beach to be sold at the market.

The river Chalk runs its gentle way into the village from the forests, through acres of meadow and farmland. When it reaches the cliff it cascades down in a waterfall to run into the arms of the sea. Timber from the forest is transported using the river down to The Cliff.
>>
The Grey Harbour is at the foot of the cliff. Fishermen depart from here to hunt from the ocean and fill their boats and baskets and bellies.
Traders sometimes arrive here carrying stock from afar: spiced alcohol, peppercorns, books...
>>
Well, seems this quest is bumping off the board
>>
>>45784425
>bump
>>
>>45783717
>>That's not needed
>>
>>45786611
>>45786632
Thanks, guys!
>>
>>45786632
You tell her that you've no need to try the honey - you just want to purchase the stuff.

"Alright," says the woman, and turns to money matters. "How much would you like? I have ten barrels here but I'm not giving them away. They're 150 coppers / barrel."

Is that a reasonable price? You've never bought any honey before. You don't think that she'd cheat you, but that might be naive. You've got a thousand copper coins to buy all the stock you need to sell at your next port...
>>
>>45787147
>Decide to buy the honey
>Haggle
>Try another store
>>
>>45787207
* another stall
>>
>>45787207
>>Try another store
>>
>>45787207
>>Haggle
>>
>>45787207
>Haggle
>>
>>45787826
>>45787802
>>45787692
"Too much," you say, "you must think that I floated here on the morning tide. I think you'd be better off with someone with a heavier purse and a lighter skull."

"Wisdom only comes with age, evidently," replies the woman.

"I'll give you 80 coppers for each barrel.", you declare.

>Roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>45787980
I wonder if we can get bonuses by knowing more about the industry of the related product.
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>45787980

Just for comparison's sake, how many kilograms of bread could you buy with 10 coppers?
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>45787980
high or low good?
>>
"80 coppers is too low. Robbery."

"160 coppers is the only robbery here. Do you think I can gather coppers on the shore with the mussels?"

"More likely than cheating me. 140 coppers"

"With 140 coppers", you retort, getting annoyed, "I'd forge them into a trusty shortsword and take your goods for nothing. 90 coppers."

"130."
"100"
"115"
"Fine."
>>
>>45788386
Is there anything we know about? avg prices of stuff since we have lived here and all? Any specialties to this place? And connections or skills we have personally? Illiterate? I'll assume our family is dead and just left us with the 1000 copper or something.
>>
The world widens again as the honeyhaired girl sighs slumps back into her chair and the woman laughs and the gulls cry and you've almost made the first purchase of your career. With a thousand coppers and a purse of spice discs you've taken the first step to independence.

The only thing left for you to figure out is how many barrels. Your sailraft can carry quite a lot, but you haven't used it for very heavy loads before...
>>
>>45788504
We're the son of a fisherman and fisherwoman. We decided that we wanted to become a travelling merchant. Our parents financed us with quite a large amount of money to start us off our career.

We know a load about prices of things from the sea.
>>
>>45788554
Okay. First thing to do is check the displacement one barrel of honey makes to the waterline of the raft. The barrel will need to be centered to the raft to get an idea of how much more we can add. Then we need to think about whether we're going to face inclement sailing on our path.
>>
>>45788672
I think buying three barrels should be fine. As a fisherman's son we should be able to know how much we can carry.
As long as three is less than half of what our sail raft can carry. Buying 3 shouldn't be to much, and if it is we can hold a barrel at our parents place.
>>
You buy three barrels of honey from the woman, psying her 345 coppers.

Roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll, roll the barrel as the heavy liquid sloshes and migrates inside. Then you grab the barrel firmly with both hands, and push up with your legs adn are thankful for the years spent hauling crates of fish as you heave the barrel onto the raft.

Then you repeat the procedure again twice more until all the barrels have been loaded. You can see that the sailraft sits heavier in the water now, but you think that tihs much weight will be manageable.

>visit the other stalls at The Cliff's market
>see your parents
>start preparing to sail
>writein
>>
>>45789049
>Visit the other stalls
>>
>>45789049
>writein: visit the local whores
>>
>>45789049
>>visit the other stalls at The Cliff's market
>>
>>45789049
>>visit the other stalls at The Cliff's market
>>
>>45789188
>>45789183
>>45789162
>>45789122
You feel your ... manhood stirring. Probably the girl at the stall. You briefly daydream about visiting the village's brothel but cast aside the reverie - you don't want to waste your coppers there right now.

Instead, you take another, closer look at the stalls.

>Fish

This is your area of knowledge and thus is your next stop in the market. The fish stall is stocking the usual silver cold-water fish usually caught around here. There are also crabs and lobsters struggling to escape buckets. There's another bucket left at the back of the store.

The fisherman is a man in his sixties, scarred and sunburnt.

>Talk to him
>Continue on
>>
>>45789597
>talk to him: ask where to find the loose girls in the village
>>
>>45789738
He says that the honey-seller woman is a huge MILF and that you have a good chance.
>>
>>45789949
lol, well How about we go talk to our parents see what they recommend before we set off, possibly where honey may sell well or a way to set off to buy stuff cheaply.
>>
>>45789597
>Talk to him: see if we can find a good deal on fish. Either here or else where.

The fish remind us of our ex.
>>
>>45792130
Cause when she spreads her legs its like low tide at the docks?
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>45789949
Roll to go back and seduce Honey MILF
Make lots of honey puns.
>>
>>45792212
I was thinking more along the lines of cold and smells like the sea.
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>45790235
Second.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

Buy dried smoked fish as rations from the stall.

Then go get fishing and sailing supplies including 3 sails, 2 oars, 8 fishing nets, 3-5 harpoons and a bunch of fishing hooks.

After that go back to the honey stall to buy a small keg of mead and flirt some while dropping a hint you might be interested in regular deals with them in the future.
>>
>>45788386

>With 140 coppers", you retort, getting annoyed, "I'd forge them into a trusty shortsword and take your goods for nothing.

This is the greatest line I have ever read. Permanent follower of this quest now
>>
and they say that merchant is a boring class.
>>
Wow, this quest is still up after I went to sleep!

I suppose I'd better do some more of it.
>>
>>45781348
In this, saw this late yesterday cool you're stil up, reading thread now
>>
>>45797554
Thanks for the bump!

Try listening to some folk music as you do it.

This, maybe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVUei-0WYC4
>>
>>45797688
So to recap,

We are horny ;)
Have just bought 3 barrels of honey @ 115
Are looking into buying backup equipment and rations for our ship.
Want to visit our parents to find out where to set sail to an for kuddles.

>first visit our parents to find out where we are going to sell the honey, then expand our inventory accordingly
>>
I've got the time to continue this. Does anyone fancy it?
>>
>>45800314
still here was planning to hyjack thread
im writing some garble down want to see it?
>>
>>45800896
Yeah, sure.

I can run this for about five hours at least.

If this becomes a long-term quest then I'll need to shift the quest schedule to GMT, though.
>>
File: trademap1.png (200KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
trademap1.png
200KB, 800x600px
A random map I'd try to spin a story around, using the different factions, make shortage and surplus, and hide some rare to aquire items?
I'd say the khajit are morally questionable
>>
>>45800981
>>45800896
Well I'd participate seems like an intresting concept. I've wanted to play a merchant of sorts ever since I saw a Slaver quest a few years back. Slave winning it's freedom due to a lucky/good investment and winning either several slaves or a good amount of money to set them selves up.Would enjoy that if anyone wants to do that in the future
>>
>>45801085

we are in The Cliff, Located in Polan

We've lived here for all our life, our parents are both fishermen, but we decided to
go on a trader's adventure, for a trader in this world can get quite rich and powerfull indeed.

Our parents gave us some hard-earned cash and everything they've learned about their trade.
We start off with 100 copper coins, and old sailboat with room for an extra 200 kg. of cargo.

We wave Cliff and Bob (our parents) farewell to visit the market to procure our first shipment and
set sail to become filthy rich!

>>45801152
I have never read a rulesbook or played a game as GM, lurk tho

OP can we set the rolls so that lower is better? or?

shall I continue?
>>
You decide to pay a goodbye visit to your parents, after stopping off at the honey stall. There's more sweet there than honey or mead, after all.

You briefly stop there to buy a small keg of mead. The woman - no, she asked you to call her Annie - Annie sells you the keg for half price, at 17 coppers. After carrying the keg to your raft, you start the walk to your parents' house.
>>
>>45801293
can we ask them about the fishing tackle? whats it worth? how to make the dough on them?
>>
>>45801237
I've got this quest. If my writing is too shit then feel totally free to tell me.

>>45801293
You walk out of the afternoon sun into a small cave in the chalk, just one of many caves through the cliff. In front of you stretches a system of winding tunnels and caves made by both nature and man. The air is colder in here than outside, but nothing compared to the chill of a harsh sea wind on the open water. You climb through the passages, taking care not slip on any loose pebbles or coins on the floor.
You climb up, as all the passages climb up through the chalk. They were made by wind and wave and water and and pickaxe and now all sorts of food and stock are taken up and down. You eventually arrive at the top of the cliff on an area of windswept grazing land populated by a few small cows. Ahead of you stretches a stone-paved road which you know leads to the village.

Your parents, though, do not live in the village - they live in a wooden house close by. It does not take long for you to reach them on foot from the tunnel - the reason why they chose to live out here.
>>
>>45801527
sure go right ahead please
I'll be playing
>>
The wind is stronger up here, though nothing you'd complain of. And soon your feet have carried you to the house and you've knocked twice on the door. Life is quiet here and you've no need to knock loudly. There are only a few birds in the sky, the most being down at the market stealing fish and fighting over scraps, or sitting in the high open caves.

The knocks fade away and are replaced by footsteps, which grow louder until the door opens. You have no time to react before your mother grabs you in a tight smothering hug. Long dark brown hair with a little hint of grey, blue eyes, but best of all is her warm smile. See it, file it, remember it. You don't know how long it may be before the next time you see it.

"Your father's inside carving fishhooks", she said and he was. Your father is a muscular, weathered man. His hair's balding. When you see him he squints at you.

>"I'm here to say goodbye before I set sail."
>"I've bought some stock"
>"What's the price of fishing gear?"
>Writein
>>
>>45801844
>"I've bought some stock"
hear him out about honey
>>
>>45801844
Ask him for any advice he might have about sailing in deeper waters
>>
>>45802070
>>45801908
Both
>>
"I've bought some stock. A small keg of mead and three barrels of honey."

Your father smiles. He places the bone hook he had been carving onto the table. "Honey keeps. Good for travel. But where you intend to travel to? I'm a fisherman but I've met many merchants from afar."

Your mother interrupts, "Just be careful when you go over the deep water. I don't want you being food for the fish. Don't overload you raft, don't set sail in a storm, don't be too risky with keeping your sail up in strong wind."
>>
>>45802384
Anyone want to buy more honey since it keeps?
does dad know of lucrative fishing gear?
>>
>>45802384
Your mother is more given to this sort of lecture than your father, who stays silent.

Your parents have been fishing the seas since years before you were born and you know you would be an idiot to ignore their advice. The sea is dangerous as well as generous.

Your father reaches into the low wooden sideboard and pulls out a bottle of perry. There are no orchards here, so this must have been made from one of the few perry trees in the area. He asks you to have a drink to celebrate the start of your career.

As you drink a glass or the delicate alcohol, you bring up the subject of honey again.

Your mother speaks up. "You got it from Annie, I guess? Or did she want you to call her Anisette?"

"Annie. You know her?"

"She sells her honey in the village. Makes a good use out of the meadows putting her bees out onto them. Makes about 130 coppers for every barrel."

She grins. "Did you get ripped off? I'd have to have a word with her."

"I had to haggle," you admit. "I paid her 115 coppers."

"That's my son!" says your father, slapping you on the back and nearly spilling your drink.
"I can see you won't have any problem in your line of work. But I can help you decide where to sell it."
>>
>>45802641
please tell us daddy

your writing is fine btw
>>
"In the northern forest there's a good market. Wild honey there is hard to find and painful to get. A lot of foresters can tell you stories about being stung all over by bees clinging to the trunk of a tree... But not easy for you to get to on your raft. It'd be miles going upstream on the River Chalk before you got there.

The swamplands might be a better place. There's not so much meadows there as bogs, marshes, streams and ponds and rivers adn not a daisy in the whole place.

There are a few barren islands which pay highly for any provision, but they might not have too much money to spend on a luxury like honey.

Fishing and sailing gear? You're welcome to a few of these hooks, all freshly carved. I'd pay... maybe 300 coppers for a sail? For lines and rods, depends on the thickness and quality of line. A good line might cost you 10 - 20 coppers."
>>
>>45802887
I'd vote for an extra sail to take with us and pay our dead dad the lowest price possible
>>
>>45802968
he's not selling you gear, just telling you what the prices he would pay at the market are.
>>
>>45803163
k I say take the hooks, hug mom go buy 4 lines and an extra sail for survivability.
>>
>>45803163
Is that the end of the post?
>>
You take the fishhooks from your father and give him an awkward hug.

You give your mum a hug, head down through the tunnels to the harbour and buy four fish lines and a sail. That cost you 320 coppers.

>Set sail for (write in)
>Buy more stuff at this harbour even I am bored of
>Have an erotic dream
>Write in
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>45803860
>>Have an erotic dream
>>
>>45803993
lol seconded
then set sail tho the north?
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>45803860
>Have an erotic dream.
>>
>>45803993
Well, we got a better wet dream.
>>45804098
>>
>>45803860
>Set sail north
>>
>>45803860
>set sail north
>>
File: OIL.jpg (41KB, 533x366px) Image search: [Google]
OIL.jpg
41KB, 533x366px
>>45804098
>TIME TO OIL UP
>>
File: your sailraft.png (581KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
your sailraft.png
581KB, 1280x544px
>pic related: quite like your sailraft

You go onto your raft, into its hut and collapse onto the bunk. The day has tired you out and close your eyes to sleep. In your dream you are back at the market, at the honey stall, but this time you say you'd love to sample the honey. The mother and daughter have a very exciting way of serving the honey to you...

You wake up sticky. All the more reason to get out of this harbour before anyone notices.

But which way to sail? You have a compass from your parents, which you take from your pocket and stare at intently. North, you decide!

You'll sail north!

You set the sail of your raft, sit down upon a small crate and set off. The sun is beginning to go down as afternoon becomes evening, but the wind and sea are still favourable to travelling merchants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVY8LoM47xI
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>45804414
Begin to sail this hymn on the start of your journey to cheer your spirits.
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>45804449
roll
>>
>>45804414
rolling for favorable winds
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>45804523
fak
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>45804414
Time for Gilligan's Island!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfR7qxtgCgY
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>45804449
>>45804465
>>45804537
>>45804676
>these rolls
MY 1 WILL SAVE US!
>>
>>45804449
>>45804465
>>45804537

Boat sinks, good game OP. That what we get for investing on some landlubbers luxury.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>45804414
>best roll is 33
Rolling for regretting not tapping Honey Saleswoman before we drowned.
>>
>>45804537
>>45804523
>>45804465
>>45804449
You've barely set sail when the wind drops! The sailraft moves slower and only just makes headway against the waves. You look over your supplies for the oar.

You have ample salted fish, water and beer, an oar and an anchor. You sweat and paddle as the beach recedes gradually over the horizon; to aid you spirits to hum a song you know, about a northwest passage. After several hours of sail and paddling, the evening sun starts sinking into the sea's flat horizon and its light dissipates out of the sky and into the blue water.

>Keep sailing
>Drop anchor
>Write in
>>
Did I miss the part were we were asked for a roll..
Anyway, do we have any kind of weapon for self protection?
>>45804813
>Drop anchor
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>45804813
>>Drop anchor
Catch some rest and start again in the morning.
Rolling for an albatross to save us from shit dice.
>>
>>45804911
>>45804810
seconding, no sence rowing in circles
>>
Fluff while I wait:

Birds

There are lots of gulls at The Cliff. They live in the open caves far up the cliff-face. They fly out to sea to catch fish, or down to the market to steal scraps and seafood, or walk along the beach picking mussels from the pebbles and seaweed or looking for crabs.

Some gull eggs are harvested - the thin boy you met was one of these egg harvesters. Some eggs can be reached from the cave system through tunnels and others are lain in disconnected alcoves reachable only by scaling the face of the chalk. Eggs in The Cliff are mostly eaten boiled and served in soup.
>>
>>45804983
>>45804911
>>45804910
You decide to be cautious. No point in losing your life, your raft and your stock to impatience and overconfidence. You drop the sail and store it inside the hut, Then you awkwardly shuffle all three jars of honey into the hut to join it, followed by the much easier movement of the keg of mead.

The sail is down and the stores are stashed; you allow yourself a few moments to relax as you lie on your back on the balsa wood logs of your raft. As you lie on the deck as the cool air turns to cold, you see an albatross fly over the deck. You sigh and close your eyes for a few minutes, keeping a slightly paranoid grip on the logs, before standing up and moving inside the hut.

>Roll 2d50 for wind strength
>>
Rolled 31, 5 = 36 (2d50)

>>45805232
>>
Rolled 1, 15 = 16 (2d50)

>>45805232
Protect us Albatross!
>>
>>45805283
Fucking bird
>>
Rolled 25, 45 = 70 (2d50)

>>45805232
>>
Rolled 43, 32 = 75 (2d50)

>>45805232
>>
>I'm trying taking the first roll.

You're awake but your eyes are still closed. The raft rocks you from side to side. It doesn't make you feel sick or uncomfortable; the motion of the sea is familiar to you and for a while you just lie there in the hut feeling the raft tilt one way, then the other way, then back again. You can tell from the gentle movement of the raft that the wind is low and movement will be slow, though faster than yesterday. It's raining, now. Perhaps it was raining during the night; you were smart to put the sail into the hut.

Open your eyes. Check stock: all present and undamaged. Check raft: same. You hoist the sail on the mast and direct the raft north.
The wind blows through your hair as you look around you: the sun has risen and sits low in the east hovering over the horizon to your right, shedding light and warmth. The rain showers you lightly; a few birds fly across the sky - expected as you are still close to land. Behind you, the massive white cliff is still visible.

>Sail
>Fish
>Eat
>Fap
>Other
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>45805593
>Fap.
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>45805593
>>Sail
>>
>>45805808
>>45805792
I didn't really need a roll.

You have a fap inside out of the rain. Then you skip breakfast and lunch and sail north all day.

Beneath the raft swim a few fish and even a sea turtle but you don't put out any line; making good distance is more important.

The day ends and the night passes and the day begins. The raft sails north all day as the air and the water and the wind grow colder. You sail for several days before you see land on the horizon to the east: it seems to be covered in thick conifer forest.

>Investigate
>Keep sailing
>Stop and do some fishing
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>45806189
>Stop and fish.
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>45806189
>>Keep sailing
>>
>>45806237
>>45806206
You decide to fish while sailing.

You lower the line in with a piece of salted fish as bait on the fishhook, secure the rod and carry on sailing north. The land to your east continues in an unbroken green until eventually a pebble beach comes into view - you think you can make out a few wooden shacks clustered around it. This could be a good trade opportunity as these people seem isolated - but there might also be risk this far away from civilisation. Your mind goes to the sharp general-purpose knife you always keep on your person, and to its back-up in the hut.

>Investigate the settlement. Where there are people there's tradeand where there's trade there's profit!
>Carry on sailing. You don't have time to waste in some one-horse shithole. The one horse probably died of hypothermia.
>Write in

>roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>45806539
>Carry on sailing. You don't have time to waste in some one-horse shithole. The one horse probably died of hypothermia.
>>
Rolled 5, 3 = 8 (2d6)

>>45806539
>Investigate the settlement
>>
>>45806571
You'll carry on sailing. You won't be getting a stabbing and a shallow grave trying to sell honey there.

Your rod bends - a fish is on the line! You grab the rod and reel it quickly. The fish fights you but is no much for your experience. You pull a medium-sized salmon into the raft from the water and expertly kill it with your knife.

Then you sail. And for the next day and the day after and the day after that. The wind blows, the sea is gentle and rough, the sun rises and dawdles across the sky and sets. You eat the salted fish and drink the water and some of the beer. Sometimes there are fish, usually in schools, or now and then a floating crabshell. The birds fly above you.

It is colder here than it was further south. There are still gulls in the sky, but there are also larger black-feathered birds. Their cry unfamiliar cries and you sail beneath them.

To the east stretches the coast, and on the coast stretches the forestYou see pebble shores and little streams coursing over them. Once you see a carcass of a whale, and a huge bear feasting on it. It pays you no attention as you sail past far away.
>>
>>45807064
As you sailing a village comes into view - a group of wooden houses hugging the shores of a bay.

>Investigate
>Sail further north
>Write in
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>45807138
>>Investigate
Surely nothing can go wrong.
Surely.
>>
I leave this session of the quest here at this great convenient plot-change point.

I hope you had at least a little fun.
>>
>>45807138
>>Investigate
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.