[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF, player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>Today
>ForeverDM of DnD
>In my weekly session
>I have a new player
>To introduce his character, I make him an enslaved guard of a mind flayer slaver that the party have to fight
>Let's call this new player L
>One of my other player, B, is playing a barbarian and end up fighting 1 on 1 the L's bard
>Both fall on the ground
> B : "I get up and try to tear the bard's balls of"
>Me : "Are you serious ?" Everyone else : "What ???"
>Make him roll anyway
>Natural fucking 20
>" You tear the pants and the balls up"
> B : "I walk up to the mind flayer and throw L's balls to his face"
>Balls jokes ensues for the reminder of the session
>L is considering leaving the group

"WTF are you doing player" Thread
All stupid (awesome ?) ideas, undertaken or not
>>
>>45777060
Why'd you let him do that?
>>
>>45777060
Good job; you failed to reign in a stupid PC, and damaged a relationship with the new guy.

Your fault
>>
>>45777060
...why'd you allow it? The DM always has the right to veto insane shit like this, since you probably lost a player here.

More like WTF, DM as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>45777060
>New player
>introduce him as enemy
>Let a player do stupid humiliating shit to new player.
Consider this a lesson for yourself. This is not how you introduce new characters. Let new guy get a regeneration, or just roll up a new character, their choice. If Ball jokes continue ask players to stop. If they don't then new guy will likely leave. This is fine. A New player will have been spared dealing with a That Group.
>>
>>45777123
>>45777156
>>45777175
I was sure you would say that, /tg/
We talked after the session, we'll just say that this bard wasn't his, they'll met him next week

I don't care about the consequences of what I allow in roleplay, as long as it is still fun for everyone
>>
>>45777256
>>introduce him as enemy
Not as an enemy, read again
He was mind-controlled
>>
>>45777261
But it wasn't fun for everyone.
>>
>>45777261
>I don't care about the consequences of what I allow in roleplay
>as long as it is still fun for everyone

Yeah, sure sounds like the new player had fun.
>>
>>45777273
>this guy is attacking you
>oh, but he isn't an enemy!

PROTIP: IF THEY ROLL TO ATTACK THE ENEMY THE PLAYERS WILL PROBABLY KILL IT.

DON'T INTRODUCE NEW CHARACTERS BY HAVING THEM ATTACK OR PROTECT ENEMIES UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE THEM DEAD.
>>
>>45777312
>>45777318
Well, his character didn't

>>45777333
The PJ were warned before that they weren't going to fight "bad guys"
It was part of the mission
Nobody got killed (except for a Mind Flayer)
>>
>>45777273
So? You set them up on the antagonist side. how they got there is irrelevant. To a PC they are opposition. Opposition is enemy. Enemy will die.
And before you say PCs are more nuanced then that, I'd like to tell you the story of a PC that ripped a new PCs balls off because the new guy was mind controlled into fighting them.
>>
>>45777060
You are a fucking retard.
>>
>>45777363
>The PJ were warned before that they weren't going to fight "bad guys"
>It was part of the mission
>Nobody got killed (except for a Mind Flayer)

Ok, if that's such a fantastic setup you have, why have you got a player considering leaving the group after a fight in which he was introduced as a potential combatant because the barbarian attempts to rip his balls off?

SECOND PROTIP: IF HALF A DOZEN PEOPLE CALL YOU A MORON IN QUICK SUCCESSION, CONSIDER WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS ANY WEIGHT IN THEIR WORDS
>>
>>45777484
>SECOND PROTIP: IF HALF A DOZEN PEOPLE CALL YOU A MORON IN QUICK SUCCESSION, CONSIDER WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS ANY WEIGHT IN THEIR WORDS
I always consider the weight in the words of half a dozen people agreeing with each other
Especially when they are laughing their ass off while their DM is trying to handle the situation
>>
>>45777060
Y u so dumb, m80?

Because, really, you are.

Don't mind control, and do the exact opposite of what com
>>
Is the new guy actually considering leaving? If he is and everyone else had a laugh, he might just not fit in. Still a dick move though.
>>
>>45777680
>Is the new guy actually considering leaving? If he is and everyone else had a laugh, he might just not fit in. Still a dick move though.
I talked with him, he is not leaving, he is coming back next week
It was a joke (he is pretty good at lying)
>>
Yes... Wtf *player*

Man fuck off op you're the worst.
>>
>>45777744
>It was a joke (he is pretty good at lying)
One part of that sentence is correct.
>>
Guys, lets calm down. OP is obviously a fag, but he's a stubborn fag that doesn't want to admit he made a mistake. He'll calm down and realize the mistake. Instead, we should teach him the right way of doing things.

OP, if you have a player who says something out of line or doesn't fit in with the tone of the adventure or group, you should absolutely tell them "no".

>I rip L's balls off
>"No. No you don't player. I will not allow that action at my table".

Its as simple as that. Remember, most tables consider it harassment if you attack a fellow player's character. That's because most of the times, it IS harassment. It takes a very refined and heavy-roleplay type group to properly do PvP. Any group that has a player that seriously suggests ripping someone else's genitals off is NOT that emotionally mature enough to handle something to that level.

JUST SAY NO

Its that easy.

If they don't like it? Well, that's too bad to hear, but that's how it is at your table.
>>
>>45778010
>OP, if you have a player who says something out of line or doesn't fit in with the tone of the adventure or group, you should absolutely tell them "no".
I agree with you
But it did fit in the group/adventure
>>
>>45778056
Harassment never fits in with the group.
>But it was a joke
No, he was saying that to placate your feelings. He probably got really hurt and offended by that, as evidenced by the fact you had to step in and say "it wasn't REALLY your character".

There are no "buts" to this situation anon. You fucked up.
>>
>>45777060
Man I remember when I was 14 and just started to get into DnD.
>>
>>45778056
No, no it didn't. Humiliating another player, especially a new player, just isn't cool. It's not a joke, it's not funny, and it's not okay.
>>
>>45778117
Devils Advocate: It make sense for the barbarian to try this as a scare tactic of sorts if he gives no shits bout morality.[/devils advocate]

BUT THIS IS THE EXACT RIGHT TIME TO GOD DAMN METAGAME THAT "Oh that's not just another PC, but this is their first time playing with us ever, I think I'll shift my target to someone else entirely or if that's not possible just, y'know, NOT TAKE THAT COURSE OF ACTION AND DO SOMETHING ELSE."
>>
>>45778117
>"it wasn't REALLY your character"
This is his idea
Roleplaying-wise, he know that there is no way his character would join the group after that so he proposed that solution

I'm the one talking with my player and the one that was DMing
You can criticize, I'm always welcoming critics
But you can't deny the facts I'm telling you
>>
>>45778056
>>45778117
>>45778153
To be fair, if balls get ripped off all the time in the campaign, at least the other player will know radical orchiectomy is a standard and they should know any character will be de-balled in no time. It's probably better that they know what they're getting into if they stay.
>>
>>45778010
>Remember, most tables consider it rape if you attack a fellow player's character. That's because most of the times, it IS rape

yes, it is very problematic and triggers me so it must be censored
>>
>>45778180
>this is their first time playing with us ever
This is right but they know each other, they are in the same class
(I should have precised that it is in the context of a roleplaying club in a college)
>>
>>45778117
>>45778153
Holy shit, when did /tg/ decide to give good advice? This isn't my /tg/! Quick, someone call all the helpful anons fags and agree with the OP in his douchbaggery!

This post was just a joke.
>>
>>45778153
if anyone came out with this shit they would be fucking banned from my house

fuck off with your trigger warnings and x cards you liberal cuck
>>
>>45778215
Oh shut up.
>>
>>45778225
Now the new guy knows that you have fun laughing about ripping off people's balls and throwing them in people's faces.

Ok.

I'm sure glad to know everyone laughed at that and the new guy was just joking about wanting to leave the group.
>>
>Long term group,
>Me and one other guy usually take turns dming.
>Suddenly this other player wants to try dming a game
>First session of his campaign, one of the players starts following an npc woman through a city for no reason
>Eventually grabs her, holds her down and rapes her
>None of this was even in line with his character
>Was literally just trying to haze the DM by raping an npc to see if he'd stop it

wtf Patrick?
>>
>>45778193
>But you can't deny the facts I'm telling you
No, I can't. But I can tell you that you aren't actually considering all the facts. The fact that the player didn't just "go" with the action and having a ballless bard and had to propose the idea, means, by definition, he was not okay with that reaction or what was done to his character, but he doesn't want to be seen by the group as a dissenter.

Anon, go log off of 4chan. Go take a long shower, and just think things over. Was he REALLY okay with how things happened? Especially since he said he considered leaving? Was it ACTUALLY a joke?

Or are you just trying to buy into his lies to cope with the guilt?

You let your player harass a new player/person in the group. You're responsible. That's all I have to say on the matter.
>>
>the nids will arrive and raid your position in 5 minutes

>LETS MAKE NAPALM!
>>
>>45778273
I'm not the one calling for trigger warnings and safe spaces

if you don't fit the group dynamic you don't get to play the victim card, you man up or fuck off

>>45778277
>the new guy was just joking about wanting to leave the group.

AND NOTHING OF VALUE WAS LOST

if everyone else is having fun and you're the buzzkill, you are That Guy
>>
>>45778296
>The fact that the player didn't just "go" with the action and having a ballless bard
He can't go with a ballless bard since his bard can't consider the guy that took his balls off like a friend and savior
>>
>>45778263
You'd ban someone for saying that you shouldn't bully someone? Is that what you're actually saying?
>>
>>45778233
you are very good at lying
>>
>>45778337
>If a player gets attacked, an apology and an offer of reparation will never work.

"Oh, sorry about ripping your balls off. My Cleric here can regenerate it for you. I do apologize."

Not like I'm expecting the barbarian to do that though. Probably didn't like the guy. I guarantee there will be a second attack later on.
>>
>>45778366
i would ban someone who would call a harmless joke bullying
>>
>DM
>one guy, evil player (not character, player) wants to adopt a child for whatever ruinous reason
>let him adopt a girl
>he is asked by a maid of the orphanage to not show weapons inside the place for the security of the kids
>he fucking kills the maid and forgets about the kid

Was it right for me to get upset about it?
>>
>>45778393
>My Cleric here can regenerate it for you
Depends of the setting

>Probably didn't like the guy. I guarantee there will be a second attack later on.
I'm suspecting that
>>
>>45778426
>Depends of the setting
Well, of course. Everything depends on the setting. It's better to assume default rules until mentioned otherwise.
>>
>>45778296
Shit tier advice desu.
Showers a shit, bath master race
>>
>>45778324
>OP starts a thread "WTF, player"
>OP starts backpedaling like crazy when he's blamed for putting the party into a situation where the players acts like retards, and suddenly "no no it's all fine that one of my players roleplayed ripping off parts of people's genital for use as poor improvised weapons"

And it's all fine, "it was just a joke the assaulted party wasn't really planning on leaving" and it was actually a "so fanhee XD" joke that everyone was laughing about it,

even when OP was originally posting on /tg/ because he had to question what the fuck his player was thinking.
>>
>>45778448
>swimmin in your own filth
>>
>>45778324
Goddamn this is some knee-jerk reactionary shit. Just don't be a dick to the other players, it's not that hard.
>>45778397
>ITS JUST A JOKE BRAH!
No. You don't get to hide behind that. That's a grade-school level of excuse. If you're being a dick, at least man up to admitting that you're a dick.
>>
>>45778474
I don't think you read the thread or, if you did, understood what you read
>>
>>45778506
I read the thread, and what he's saying is actually spot on. Fuck off, OP.
>>
>>45778324
How the FUCK would you think the situation is OP acceptable, are you fucking twelve or something

I'm not even calling bullying or whatever, new guy shows up, the DM puts him on the bad guys' side and the party decides to cut off his balls? It's the most retarded thing I heard in a game lately.
Imagine wanting to play and the only chance to do it means having to put up with a bunch of juvenile idiots. No wonder there's a social stigma attached to gaming, I'm just glad I'm a functional adult with a circle of equally functional friends.

Also
>if everyone else is having fun and you're the buzzkill, you are That Guy
is a fucking retarded meme that has to die.
>>
>>45777060
>To introduce his character, I make him an enslaved guard of a mind flayer slaver that the party have to fight
This is a common GM mistake, for reasons the OP has seen. The method has numerous pitfalls and is likely to engender bad feelings. It's better to introduce players as allies.

>B : "I get up and try to tear the bard's balls of"
>Me : "Are you serious ?"
>Make him roll anyway
Your first instinct in this case was correct. You should not have allowed him to try that.
>>
>>45777261
Sounds like nobody had fun except the ball ripper.

Why the fuck would you let him do a critical injury hinging on a simple d20 roll anyways? That's not supported by the rules at all, and it's not going to help anybody.
>>
>>45778583
t. That Guy
>>
Ironically the best character intro I ever had was a fight with party where I almost died.

>I'm a prisoner locked in a chamber they can't see in
>They open door, he's laying there not responding to them
You alright? Are you a prisoner or...
>drunken master monk... and the first guy through the door to question me has decanter of endless ale
>mistake
>disarm check, grapple check, throw a few punches

Basically played out like https://youtu.be/74OBuMA2qEk

Sorcerer took a step back where I finally couldn't reach to stop him casting and was going to turn me into a personal plane of fire, but I sat down in a satisfied drunken manner, thanked them for the drink and excitement before their bitch ass cult finished me off, and promptly passed out.
>>
>>45778959
>Guys, I'm not comfortable with talk of gentials getting mashed up
>REEEEEEE THAT GUY GET OUT

Please consider who precisely is that guy.
>>
Haven't seen /tg/ this unanimous about something since that guy who kicked out a player for getting annoyed that he had to roll for everything.
>>
>Be friends with dude for some time
>Play together in campaign
>Often joke around and fuck with each other
>Say I'm going to rip his characters' balls off
>Instead of looking at all disturbed or distressed by the proposition, he actually finds it funny and laughs
This is OK.

>Add new guy to the party
>DM has him get beat up by the party as part of his introduction
>I say I'm going to rip his balls off for no reason at all. I start laughing like a complete idiot.
>New player feels humiliated
This is not OK.

I'm sorry OP, it must be hard living with Aspergers.
>>
>>45778406
Sic the City Watch on him, maybe even a fucking party of bounty hunters. Bring him to justice. What a fucking cunt.
>>
>>45778959
Look, you little faggot. I was twelve too once, and I too played in games where we had "fun" in stealing the kingdom's toilet paper or killing each other for the lulz. But that's objectively, absolutely fucking stupid. It can be forgiven as a phase, but if someone showed up and told us "hey guys, I think this is stupid" responding with REEEEEE THAT GUY RUINING OUR FUN would not be an acceptable response.
The only thing that consoles me in these threads is the thought that I will never have to deal with whiny little fuckers like you in my games.
>>
>>45777060
>DnD 4E Encounters group
>First time playing the game with complete strangers
>DM allows me to take an old character out of retirement
>Dragonborn Blackguard, high on Charisma
>Get to a battle in the middle of a lake
>Some weak ass fairy with bunch of lake slime monster minions
>Problem is fairy can fly and summons more slimes with at-will power
>Everyone's either bloodied or in the water, and I'm the only one left on the boat.
>I decide to take matters in my own hand... and shout at the fairy to stop.
>I roll for Intimidate check.
>Natural 20
>Fairy visibly shits his pants and ceases the attack
>Other players are praising my high charisma

... And I never saw that group again.
>>
>playing D&D
>player rolls nat fucking 20
>everyone goes "wtf?"
>that's a nat fucking 20 as I live and breathe
>entire party goes crazy
>fun times ensue
>>
>>45780782
I don't care if the roll is for eating a piece of bread. When it lands on a natural 20, things always get magical.
>>
>Main group hasn't been active for months
>Starts new Pathfinder group with people from school
>Session starts with the players arriving to a big city by boat
>The guy from my Japanese class made an elven druid with a raptor pet
>First thing he does is grope the first female he spots, which earns him a punch in the face
>Second thing he does is pick some gentleman's pockets, but he gets caught so he gives the money and some more back so that he won't get reported
>Third thing he does is send his raptor to eat one of the guards
>The raptor hardly does any damage and promptly ends up dead
>He ends up in jail for harassing people

He was the first player I ever met whose actions didn't make sense. He did a whole lot of things during the short time before the group fell apart.
>>
File: 1399765095778.gif (2MB, 272x210px) Image search: [Google]
1399765095778.gif
2MB, 272x210px
>Playing with a group of friends/experienced players and a girl who had never played before
>She thinks the game is an excuse to be as wacky as possible, whatever, fuck it
>Have a fairly long fight to give my better players something to do
>Gets to her turn
>"I WANT TO POOP IN MY HAND AND HIT HIM WITH IT!"
>Long pause, before "Ok, no, you can't do that."
>Explain to her that because a single round is only 6 seconds long, and a poop takes around a minute or so, it would take maybe 5-10 rounds to do
>She insists that's what she wants to do
>Okay fine
>The fight ends up going much longer than expected
>Round 8 comes along
>She insists she'd be done by now
>I say fine, whatever, you have poop in your hands
>"I PUNCH HIM!"
>Okay, roll to hit
>Nat 20
>Roll to confirm crit
>18, good enough
>She deals 10 points of damage with a poop-filled hand, just enough to knock out the last guy
>From that moment on, that's all she tries to do for the rest of the game
I created a monster. Don't make the same mistake I did.
>>
>>45777060
>this is now a DM fuckup thread.
>I once let physics apply in my universe. once.

What tragic mistakes have the rest of you made in moments of full retardation?
>>
>>45781532
Who the fuck takes a minute to poop?
>>
File: tenacious4.jpg (23KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
tenacious4.jpg
23KB, 600x320px
Did some say slicing cockles?
>>
>>45781898
non-fatasses who eat veggies
>>
>>45781898
Sorry the rest of us don't have assholes as loose as yours anon.
>>
>>45781948
I eat tons of veggies and rarely take more than 20-30 seconds for everything to slither out.
>>
Congratulations, you're a shit DM with shit players.
>>
File: Dodger Faggot.gif (1MB, 413x192px) Image search: [Google]
Dodger Faggot.gif
1MB, 413x192px
>>45777060
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.