[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weekend Quest Discussion Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 41

File: weekend quest thread.png (58KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
weekend quest thread.png
58KB, 700x700px
Praise Allah With Terrible Calligraphy Edition

This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/b5cN2RkK
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you are a QM, simply post your Twitter here to have it added to the directory. Spamming your quest twitter with non-quest related tweets may result in its removal from the directory.

> QM question

How do you portray terrorists or guerrilla fighters in your Quest? If you have neither, how would you?

> Player question

What cause would the MC of your favorite quest lay down his/her life for?
>>
>>45249984 → #
Why doesn't YOUR quest setting have an order of reverse trap lesbian knights, WQDG?
>>
File: mortal-kombat-logo.jpg (121KB, 650x670px) Image search: [Google]
mortal-kombat-logo.jpg
121KB, 650x670px
Mortal Kombat Konquest is still up and going for this weekend.

>>45236090
>>
>>45255636
Terrorist in a loose sense have appeared working on contract for a rival nation-state. They were marching through the countryside raiding villages and taking slaves.

Guerilla fighters haven't really made and appearance but they will soon.
>>
Question from last thread:
What do you guys think of Military Mage Quest?
>>
>>45256049

Haven't touched it, since I'm not interested by the Military or Mages.

QM seems committed though.
>>
>>45256049
Military settings are boring and tend to attract the worst fanbases.
>>
>>45256075
Ditto
>>
>>45256201
To which part?
>>
File: deathwatch-art1.png (244KB, 400x518px) Image search: [Google]
deathwatch-art1.png
244KB, 400x518px
Would this be a good place to gauge interest in a quest? I've been enamored by the idea of doing a Deathwatch quest for a while now. I'm imagining the players controlling the entire Kill Team as it bops around an Imperial world being invaded by the Tau Empire, and putting a stop to it. Imagine X-Com where instead of regional funding you have to worry about the loyalty of the PDF's generals, and "a Xeno dies on every page" levels of ultra-violence.

If yes, should I just make the team up myself, or let people vote/roll on what chapters / specialties they want represented in the Kill Team?
>>
>>45256227
Haven't touched it, but QM seems to do well.
>>
>>45256263
QM for Military Mage here. What do you mean by that? Seeing as there are only two regulars in the quest I would hardly say I am "doing well"
>>
>>45256259
It's a horrible place to gauge interest.
>>
>>45256294
Dude, either you're in it because you like to write and you wanna write that story OR you're only in it for the ones for read it.

If it's the former, you should keep going and not think too much on how many players you have. However, it looks to me like you're the latter, in which case, I'd advise you to just drop it. People are saying you're doing a good job, but frankly, no one is interested in it.
>>
>>45256259
>Would this be a good place to gauge interest in a quest?
I found that it's more often not than is.

I like the idea of a Deathwatch Quest, as long as it keeps the Xenos varied.

I advise not to let the players choose from a wide array of team members on the first thread, or you'll most likely have too many conflicting votes to make a decision, and it will be dead in the cradle.

I think there are two ways to do thsis
>A) Do the team yourself
>B) At first start with an MC of some sort, and as the threads go, the squad/taskforce/company will be expanded with new members
>>
>>45256305
This. Posted my idea last thread and got no replies at all and the thread fell into /v/ discussion.
>>
>>45256389
Ouch, sorry to hear that.

>>45256294
I just checked the archives. Why is it only recorded from 5 and above?
>>
Monk Quest.
It is taught that Chakra is the energy within oneself and Chi is the energy of the Universe, that which separates us and binds us. When the two energies connect, the powerful energy of yin and yang, the balance of this world, takes form. It is a power that Monks use to meditate, to calm their senses, and foresee things not yet done. It is forbidden to use it for martial arts. Although it enhances your form, stance, and your attack and defense, it is a lethal force in and of itself when used against others.

You are an young trainee, aspiring to become a full fledged Monk some day. Go through the trials with your close friend that has been by your side since birth. However, as you go through your trials, you notice that the creatures and inhabitants of this Sanctuary that the Monks call home is starting to grow hostile and their Chakra is corrupt. Your final trial is to remove the source of corruption in the Sanctuary with your friend.

Although you succeed, your friend doesn't come out unscathed from the horrible visions the Source forced upon the two of you. Nevertheless, the both of you become Monks. However, only a few days later you wake up to screams and the smell of smoke and fire. The Sanctuary is under attack by more Corrupt Creatures and it's revealed that your friend caused the attack.

Against your Elder's wishes and your better judgement, you leave the Sanctuary and set out to find your friend and the answers she holds. A world unknown to you lies between you and your friend.
>>
File: 1454777807941.jpg (886KB, 3024x2268px) Image search: [Google]
1454777807941.jpg
886KB, 3024x2268px
>>45255636
>>
>>45256368
>If it's the former, you should keep going and not think too much on how many players you have.
I do enjoy writing but I enjoy it for both myself and for others. The mystery factor of other people writing the story as well makes it more intresting and thats why I just want a little bit more people.
>>45256433
It went under Military Magical Girl before. Try searching that and you should get 7 or so threads.
>>
File: 1449603774957.png (45KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1449603774957.png
45KB, 554x439px
>>45256457
Some people shouldn't have kids.
>>
Seriously why aren't there any good Jojo quests?
>>
>>45256542

Jojo a shit meme
>>
>>45256457
I thought that Yoga position supposed be done with extended arms.

>>45256450
Is it D&D kind of wolrd, or More Eastern, like Journey to the west?

>>45256542
I saw a few JoJo Quest around, not recently tough. What makes a good JoJo quest?
>>
File: BLC.png (357KB, 793x774px) Image search: [Google]
BLC.png
357KB, 793x774px
>>>45254458
Dungeon Life Quest is still running. Every day since Nov. 30th 2015.

Taking bets on at which point in the quest Vox will abandon it.
>>
>>45256570
When he finally dies of fat and caffeine.
>>
>>45256570
Your lack of faith disturbs me.
>>
>>45256554
Decent humor
>>
>>45256554
>Is it D&D kind of wolrd, or More Eastern, like Journey to the west?
I'm not familiar with either one, but there will only be humans outside the Sanctuary, Western Medieval style (Knights and cannons) with Chinese influence.
>>
>>45256375
>keeps the Xenos varied

Yeah, one of the reasons I picked the Tau as the antagonists is that I have an in-universe reason to use a bunch of different kinds, and I can probably bring in some types that aren't official canon anymore as "little known auxillaries" without too much skub.

I like the idea of starting with one MC and adding the rest of the Kill Team as I go. Would it be a terrible idea to start in media res with the MC just being a "space marine" at first, and then be defined by the first bunch of actions? ie, if the players use the chainsword over the bolter, they get an assault marine from a CC-focused chapter, and further shape themselves with choices like "sneak up on them" versus "charge them screaming?" Kind of like how RPGs sometimes recommend a class to you based on your playstyle in the first dungeon, or how you fill out a personality quiz.
>>
Orc Chieftain Quest: Has it been done?
>>
>>45256570
Not interested in another quest where everyone literally sucks the QM's dick. Good luck though.
>>
>>45256542
Jojo relies mostly on bizarre visuals whereas quests are a largely textual medium
>>
>>45256662
>Orc Warlord shilling
>>
>>45256663
Hey I call him out on his faggotry and start a shitstorm rather often now
>>
>>45256554
>What makes a good JoJo quest?
Lack of dumb memes.

Everyone who talks about JoJo lately can't shut up about lolposing and how FABULOUS everyone looks but they forget that despite all its bizare visuals and other such qualities that JoJo plays its shit straight and not as a giant meme fest.
>>
>>45256641
It's a great improvement over 2 hours of voting for options that we'll dub as character creation.
I think that's the way to do it.
>>
>>45256457

OP here, this image causes me to have a lot of questions about butts in Islam.

Like I've always felt that that's comfier than kneeling but what if somebody cracks one? Do you pretend it didn't happen?

And that's all the respectful religious talk I've got right now.
>>
>>45256695
Your services have not gone unappreciated.
>>
>>45256688
Eh?
>>
>>45256662
We got an Orc Warlord Quest going around here somewhere
>>
>>45256871
Alright then, fuck it
>>
>>45256842
Orc Warlord Quest.
Lots of raping, pillaging and raping the pillages
>>
>>45256837
Thank you.
>>
>>45256890
Is it alright?
>>
>>45256926
Its biggest problem is that it's a smut quest so it's fanbase is shit and there's no real reason to make tactical decisions when the QM wants you to succeed so he can write his rape smut.

Also orcs have stupid powers that make it easy to dominate others through sexual contact,
>>
>>45256926
If you like Rape and Orcs I guess.

Never played it but whenever people talk about it they just constantly bring up the rape and killing rivals before they can "cuck" the MC
>>
>>45256952
>>45256955
Sounds like shit. Too bad, I like the concept
>>
>>45256663
> I fucking hate quests with good DMs that people appreciate, but are not only willing but actively seek out criticism so they can still improve.

I'm sorry, do you dislike his writing or anything, or just the fact that people like his quest?
>>
>>45256570
What's this about, anyway?
>>
>>45256952
Huh. Sounds like it's staying true to the source material.
>>
>>45257021
>source material?
>>
>>45256662
Might be better to try an Orc Civ based around a single tribe or chieftain.

Try looking up Ghoul Civ/Tribe Quest for an example of a Civ based around a single tribe
>>
>>45257011
Necromancer gets sent into a dungeon that is it's own micro-world.

The Dungeon is ruled by an Angel who is given it as a test to prove her criticisms of the gods is valid. She's been bound by contract to a Master who keeps her on a leash and is subcontracted out to his followers who are helping him with his as of yet unknown master plan.

We had a choice of pre-made characters to choose from, and the QM appears to have made quite a bit of background and a rather linear plot, but it's not too rail-roady and we've already forced some re-writes.

We recently beat an encounter that provided us with loot just in time to fix a lost limb that was rather too convenient, but the limb getting lost wasn't planned for and the encounter was (attacking a static defense) so I wouldn't say it was rail-roading or coddling, just lucky.

Even then, Vox is wondering if he should have changed it a little so we could have some nice "dealing with being crippled" story progression.

Personally I'm okay with how he handled it, sometimes you do just get lucky like that IRL and not just as a dice roll.
>>
>>45257112
Wouldn't that be redundant if there's another quest doing the same theme though? I wanted to do something more straight but even so I'd probably have to wait for the current one to finish or else I'd be stepping on his toes
>>
>>45257042
Warcraft Orcs.

The writers went full BBC with them with WC3 and onwards.
>>
>>45257129
Sounds pretty shit desu senpai.
Tell me when he doesn't run another anime-copy.
>>
>>45257112
I think Feral Necromancer Quest was a very good story based Civ quest.
I have missed the last five-or-so thread, but it was pretty good up till then.
>>
>>45257149
really? Pretty sure that's not true since Thrall seems rather chill.
>>
>>45257112
Aren't civ quests supposed to be player decided as far as race? I know this because every time I tune into one they pick a race I don't want to see and I get bored
>>
File: Beyond bait.jpg (128KB, 1600x1584px) Image search: [Google]
Beyond bait.jpg
128KB, 1600x1584px
>>45257156
>Tell me when he doesn't run another anime-copy.
>>
File: 1451468004673.gif (513KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1451468004673.gif
513KB, 240x180px
>>45257214
>Claims its bait
>Still replies to it
In all seriousness, it is a blatant copy of an anime with some shit changed here and there. Get over it, fanboy.
>>
>>45257156
>>45257273
...It is?

Which one are you thinking of? The list of shows I've watched is rather shorter than I'd like it to be.
>>
>>45257311
>Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
Try harder to be original next time.
>>
File: 1348718373872.jpg (505KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
1348718373872.jpg
505KB, 720x406px
>>45257347
>>
>>45257198
That's why I prefer when the QM decides on a race in the beginning. Let's them premake the world.

People join, vote for what they want then get mad or bored when their choice isn't picked. Then they either leave or start trolling.
>>
>>45257588
Maybe I'll try one then. How much can people resist writing in "rape it" do you think?
>>
>>45257639
Depends on who you get, but you know... it is 4chan and /tg/.
>>
>>45257639
I was gonna say I've never had that issue

but then I realized the Civ and Quest I run both involve undead that I said don't feel sexual urges so I guess I managed to prevent that
>>
>>45257662
>>45257687
I don't even have anything against rape as a whole as far as plot goes, but I'd like to do a little more in the vein of political drama, if that makes sense
>>
>>45257347
> Only one God, and it's actually an Angel

> The D&D Syle stat progression doesn't occur here.

> Actual political scene and multiple independent authorities as opposed to one vague and undefined "city"

> Protagonist is in a relationship and isn't dense Shonen Protagonist

> Dungeon operates completely differently

> No big-titty Loli goddesses, which I touched on earlier but I felt this needed a specific mention

Good try, but you have to do more than just google "Dungeon" and "Anime".
>>
>>45257815
see
>>45257273
It's cute how you try and fail to protect your little waifu QM.
>>
>>45255636
So, these got unbanned then?
Cool.
>>
>>45257884
Only for the weekend
>>
File: ichigo_kurosaki.jpg (147KB, 1024x1323px) Image search: [Google]
ichigo_kurosaki.jpg
147KB, 1024x1323px
I don't know why but I'm thinking of a bleach quest but here's the thing. Ichigo just doesn't give a flying fuck.

He's just doing this just to make sure this shit stops, and I already have a good view of how the quest will end, mainly with him and Uryuu fighting eachother to the death.
>>
>>45257835
It's sad that you don't know your anime, even the over-popular trash like "Is it wrong to try and pick up girls in a dungeon".

Which I personally do enjoy reading, but I'm not going to pretend it isn't vapid harem-shit with swords and sorcery.
>>
>>45257935
I don't think this is a good idea in any capacity
>>
>>45257935
>spoiling the end
And there goes your quest.

>>45257966
>>>/a/
>>
File: c7f.png (559KB, 535x356px) Image search: [Google]
c7f.png
559KB, 535x356px
>>45257972
>>
>>45257972
>>45257966 (You)
>>>/a/

It's 4chan, anon, we're all weebs here.
>>
File: Smug face.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Smug face.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>45257972
>>
>>45257935
So... basically you want to run a bleach quest but at the end Ichigo and Uryuu kill eachother off?
>>
Drawing some semblance of inspiration from Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide. Your opinion on the game is unimportant/irrelevant to the quest pitch.

The greatest Empire ever built by Man is slowly dying, even if the Humans refuse to let their era of supremacy end. Three of their four collective kingdoms have fallen to the Horde of Skavens, goblins and trolls (Placeholder enemies) that has swarmed from their underground lairs.

You're a weathered mercenary of sorts that just wants to get by living. You're hired by Nobles/Barons/Counts, the Church or other shady organizations to enter the cities filled with Skavens, goblins, and trolls to either acquire items, search and destroy, gather Intel or eliminate certain individuals.

At the start, you will get to choose whom you hire for the positions in your 4-5 man team that you will lead in these missions. You get to pick how your team infiltrates said cities and how you'll escape it by planning the entire mission from a map of it beforehand.

You can equip yourself and your team with new gear and upgrade gear with the coins you'll earn from successful missions. If any of your team members die, you'll have to hire a new one, but it's a big penalty to the moral in the group and you could potentially lose gear that you spent coins to buy and upgrade for your now dead team member.

Get to know your team, build loyalty with them, do their side-quests etc.

Thoughts? Input?
>>
>>45258303
Virmintide sucks, other than that sounds fine
>>
So, I've been thinking about relaunching a puzzle-based combat 1shot that I did because it seems pretty popular.

However, it's heavily mechanics-based (combat-puzzles) and I'm in a split:

>To make it newcomer friendly, the puzzles must be accessible to them (make them 'simple')
>However, to not bore the regulars, I need to scale the combat-puzzle's complexity over time. (make them more and more complex).

I can't make the puzzle-combat both simple and complex at the same time, and the problem would become worse the more threads I'd make.

What would be the best solution to this?
>>
>>45258367
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>45258303
Sounds like I could just play vermintide instead to the same effect
>>
>>45258446
Don't just make it an uphill thing, mix it up some, have some really hard boss level puzzles inbetween a bunch of mook level easy ones.
>>
>>45258494
Actually, you lose out on several things if you play the game instead. Just pointing that out. I won't blame you if you prefer to play with 3 other random people online, mate.
>>
>>45258303
Sounds cool.
>>
>>45258562
I'm just saying that your quest adds nothing new to the experience. You're just asking us if we want to play a direct translation if vermintide into an even more generic fantasy setting. It's like those people who pitch the idea for a vidya or anime quest that follows the plot of the source material with no variation whatsoever. Why would I want to just replay or reward something in an inferior format?
>>
>>45258446
I don't know the puzzles, so I can just tell you to do it in stages, let players know how well they're doing, show them mistakes and correct course when needed.

link to your oneshot?
>>
>>45258740
>adds nothing new to the experience
>You get to make your own custom team
>You can buy gear/weapons for each member, making them more deadly/protected/efficient
>You get to talk with them, develop relationships with them, raise their loyalty, do side-missions for them that has to do with their background
>If they die in missions, they stay dead and you will have to get a new member to fill the empty spot and deal with the psychological aftermath of the loss with your other team members.
>Chance for stories including the people that are your contractors etc.

There's a lot of things different to the game, but I won't deny that I took inspiration from its concept, in fact, I even stated it at the top of my post.
>>
Looking like thread may be closer to starting an hour later than planned. Hope that's not the case.

Also I'm completely surprised my thread from Thursday is still up. I know it was a slow uneventful thread but still >>45221035
>>
>>45259361
Isn't Homonculi Civilization Quest due in an hour?
>>
>How do you portray terrorists or guerrilla fighters in your Quest? If you have neither, how would you?
If I had them in my quest, I will either portray them as classic terrorist/guerilla fighters, angry neckbeards/otaku or bros who are forced to use violence.

>>45256542
Running Jojo quest is not easy task because it involve more puzzle than combat. To run good Jojo quest need good preparation of well-thought enemy stand user with their strength and limitation, and clues how to defeat the stand user.

>>45257639
When I was running quest, "rape maid" pop up a lot...

>>45256871
>>45256890
That was long time ago that I was on Orc Warlord quest and it look promised at beginning. I should try checking up the archive when I have time.
>>
>>45259388
I hope so. i joined in last thread, and I think that quest has potential. It has an interesting setting, and altough it has some suggestiveness, it manages to keep it in check so far.
>>
>>45259474
They weren't kidding when they said it would get into all kinds of body-horror

Liliths true form, jfc
>>
>>45259522
Oh yes, Lilith was a treat. I had the constant feeling she could just blow up any minute, and the creeping sense of dread was always there. I wonder if we improved things, or just made them worse on the long run.
>>
>>45256049
>Show extravagant use of magic in the deathmatches
>WE ESDEATH~ nao
>actual combat operations is all conventional weapons and tactics

I think you slipped up somewhere, QM.
>>
File: new_pitch.png (195KB, 607x407px) Image search: [Google]
new_pitch.png
195KB, 607x407px
I just got the best idea for a new quest!
>>
>>45259660
Reverse the order and you got a stew going
>>
>>45259660
Fourth Goal; fix the nose of the women
>>
Is it just me or is it fairly common for Quests to trend towards being darker as they become longer?

>Thread 1: Let's manage an adventuring guild in a fantasy setting!
>Thread 25: Your waifu never came back from her last dungeon crawl.
>Thread 50: YOUR HAND IS CAUGHT IN THE BEAR TRAP YOU NEED TO CUT IT OFF NOW NOW NOW NOW OH GOD EVERYONE'S DEAD
>>
>>45259692
I'm finding the inverse in my quests
>>
>>45259692
I think as they go on, you need to add some drama, and sometimes the easiest way is to go dark. Personally I keep mine humorous
>>
>>45259692
How do you make a quest start out dark and drift towards the light? It seems that if a quest starts dark, it stays dark.
>>
>>45259692
Well obviously as a story goes, the plot has to thicken and tension has to rise. Grimdark is a way to go, but isn't the only one.
>>
>>45259796
You clean up the streets and settle down with a nice girl and have three children
>>
>>45259692
Because the longer Anons have control over somebody's life and decisions, the worse it's gonna get.
>>
>>45259796
Make a quest about rebuilding a fallen community, a ruined town etc. Start in a grimdrak world and try to make it better piece by piece.
>>
>>45259796

You defeat an unspeakable Lovecraftian evil in the first thread.

In the second thread you go home and start a bakery. You now must waifu your awestruck apprentice, the cheerful but clumsy girl working the counter or the no-nonsense assistant manager you hired to help run the shop's finances. Also she's got glasses, that part's important.
>>
>>45259692
>Start Noblebright
>Slowly shift into Grimdark with each thread
>The MC defeats the BBEG
>The World slowly turns into a scarred Noblebright world, with the memories of the dark times still there, never to be forgotten.
>>
>>45259692
>Thread 50
Whenever a quest lasts this long I question how much they could actually be getting done in each one. Some people actually go more than 30 minutes between updates?
>>
>>45259692
Only the bad ones.

Also, if you're constantly fighting then eventually you're going to lose someone or something important and have to figure out how to deal with that.

Bad rolls and bad decisions happen. And the reaction of Anon is usually "Kill them all" + revenge.

Because a lot of them are having power-fantasies as a pseudo-revenge from being bullied./powerless in social situations.
>>
>>45259879
I want this to be real, I need something cheerful today
>>
>>45259921
Still waiting for the Tielfing SoL quest someone posted about. Pretty fed up with every other quest. They're all either shounen or grimdark as fuck.
>>
>>45259921

Cheer up, sad kid. I'll run it as a one-shot or a short runner sometime.
>>
>>45259998
How many SoL quests are there? The last one I saw was something about having to watch your sister while fucking a demon
>>
>>45260022
Haven't seen any in a long while.
>>
>>45260037
Well let's do some of those instead of the thirteen anime fanfiction ones
>>
>>45260022
>>45260037
Maybe I should run one.

I honestly enjoy writing SoL and I wish I could do it more lol
>>
>>45259879
No, your waifu is your awestruck apprentice but in order for her father to accept you, you have to show that you can provide in times of peace as well as war.

So he gives you one of his Bakeries to run and you have to make it successful while competing against her fathers rival bakeries.

Meanwhile he's also sabotaging you secretely because he doesn't believe what happened in your adventures and thinks you're bad for his daughter and the bakery test was just a cover. So deliveries go missing, the staff are the worst workers from other bakeries, the assistant manager is directly working against you and tries to put the blame on you for everything (although she doesn't sabotage anything herself) and reports back to the Father.

So you have to whip the staff into shape, find a reliable supplier or convince the old one to resume dealing with you, win the assistant manager over or get rid of her somehow, learn how to bake from the current baker who is a drunk that pretends to not speak your language, etc.

Meanwhile you still have to show a profit at the end of each month, and there's a rival bakery from a popular chain that opens in 3 months time to put pressure on you getting your shit together quick.

Meanwhile Waifu doesn't work with you as her father has her running her own bakery and wants to make sure it's YOUR skill being tested not hers.

So she can be jealous of the cheerful but incompetent counter girl who falls for you if you help her get better and treat her well, or the assistant manager who doesn't fall for you, but always keeps you late making you miss dates with the waifu, and you have bad luck with "It's not what it looks like" moments.
>>
>>45260079
You just wrote the whole quest by yourself
>>
>>45259879
>You now must waifu your awestruck apprentice, the cheerful but clumsy girl working the counter or the no-nonsense assistant manager you hired to help run the shop's finances.
>or
Plebeian
>>
>>45260126
>wanting all endings to be harem
Philistine
>>
>>45259879
>glasses
It's shit
>>
>>45260079

Your version is better fleshed out than mine. You wanna run it? I'd play it.
>>
>>45260143
Why play a harem quest of you're not gonna shoot for harem end?
>>
>>45260079
Cont,

And then there's that cute customer who comes in and flirts a lot, providing a sympathetic ear and some down to earth if vague advice who turns out to be the owner of the bakery chain that's opening up and is scoping out the competition. You find out when Waifu sees her for the first time, one week before the opening of the rival bakery.

The manager of the rival bakery is your childhood friend that thought you were dead due to afore-mentioned lovecraft shit and is shocked to find you alive and well, and thinks you abandoned him to the horrors which he had convinced himself weren't real and you had died in a mundane fashion. So he resents you both for abandoning him, and for making him confront what really happened, and wants you to just go away so he's driven to compete with you.

Waifu was also originally his GF that vanished with you while they were fighting, so he justifies his hate by telling himself you guys intentionally ditched everyone to elope and that she was cheating on him with you.

Because there has to be SOME conflict, and at least one person who is completely opposed to you. But you don't interact directly with him often and all this would get revealed during the quest so it wouldn't be too dark at once.

And you could have a touching moment where he comes to accept what really happened and breaks down that he's just really happy to have you both back and he had secretly held off from doing anything that would have hurt your bakery too much, and focused on just making his bakery better instead.
>>
>>45260200
Because it's not a harem quest
>>
>>45260209
Do you just want to write this novel?
>>
>>45260209
Enough, don't tell all the plot twists, just run the quest already!
>>
>>45259692

Yes it happen and it is also quit common in shonen manga at long run. Some QM want to put some more tension in their quest.

>>45259796
Shit man it remind of a quest where MC is a knight. He had fought against pair of bandits and he suffers injury that made him mute. Later he had fought against a gargoyle, he lost both his arm and life after defeated it (But he was later revived by God of Dead).

>>45260079
>>45260209

That look like a potential light novel, manga or anime story. I want it to get Kickstarted!
>>
>>45260209
Why don't you Put an arrow through the rival's eye? and make him bent on taking away everything the MC has?
>>
>>45260213
I'd like to point out, you already HAVE a waifu that you're courting, and the whole premise is kind of based on that. But there has to be some conflict so those other girls exist just for her to be jealous of. Note that only the counter girl actually likes you romantically. Assistant Manager has Daddy Issues and only likes older men, and the rival bakery owner is actually a stone cold bitch who originally is just using you to get information and is later just showing up to piss of your GF whom she had a childhood rivalry with and secretly u-boats, and hates her now because your waifu's highschool yuri was "just an experiment" and is also why she's stone-cold now. Because Lesbians and Gays deserve to feel bad about their fetish. Nah, it's because I'm lazy and it's an easy point of conflict to bait yuri-fags with. Any queer people sympathizing is just a bonus.

>>45260157
My life is too hectic to commit to any sort of quest schedule. I once tried to run a joke skeleton quest oneshot but people suddenly wanted a serious quest.

Ironically, I ran it because some dude kept trying to start a skeleton quest that was all serious and probably dark and edgy or whatnot, and people kept just making skeleton jokes.

I even tried to make his god a sort of Loki-Cegorach mix that was going to respond to their prayers based on the quality of jokes or puns they could make.
>>
>>45260309
It's really just a standard framework with some mild subversion regarding the traditional harem structure.

Feel free to do something with it, I personally have only minimal interest in writing.

>>45260352
Too dark, this is supposed to be light-hearted "how to deal with life after the BBEG is defeated".

Besides, despite being pleasant the Owner of the rival business is the one who is determined to crush the bakery completely. She'll always seem very nice, and then fuck him over with a smile on her face. The kind of villain who has a pleasant chuckle instead of a maniacal laugh.

Pain would await the anons who didn't believe their Waifu and tried to redeem her.
>>
>>45255636
Dear OP, on January 31st I saw a really good quest about Evangelion.

It had a standard rolling system, but emphasized in-character rp for anons, amazing art, and neat system of rolling based on simplicity but impact.

I wish to see this quest again one day...

>>45114494
>>
>>45260358
Did you do the skeleton quest where we awakened from our barbarian flesh pison, smashed the necromancer, and became the graverobbing, sorcerer, charismatic cape hero of the local village? Because shit was cash
>>
>>45260309
Meh, I'll save it and maybe do a bunch of blow by myself and see what I shit out.

I can't write natural sounding dialogue for shit though, I'm a much better editor than writer.
>>
File: decu_regrets.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
decu_regrets.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
>>45259906
>Some people actually go more than 30 minutes between updates?
>>
>>45260444
Isn't that one by the guy running Floors? The style looks similar.
>>
>>45260358

I don't have time to do more than one or two threads a month, that's probably not enough to sustain. I'd also probably run it differently, slightly less conflict and pressure, more comfy and slice-of-life. I'd probably borrow a lot from what you've written, though. This would also mean a final stake in the heart for the quest I used to run and have always kinda hoped to run a sequel or another martial arts based thing.
>>
>>45260474
Wow you're right, the style does look similar. Hopefully he continues the EVA one, it was really interesting as well.
>>
>>45260527
I wonder how he did the city model?
>>
>>45260451
No, we started out as an amnesiac ork skeleton with one arm that was unable to talk.

It's this http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/40852896/

Roll under 1d100 with Great success, success, fail, and bad fail because once again it was supposed to be just fun and jokey. Crits on 1 or 100, and they were going to be weird subversion of what you were trying to do as opposed to just double good/bad or unstoppable success/failure.

I then wrote up a bunch of backstory in a cocaine fueled daze before I realized I don't have the time to commit to this.
>>
>>45260583
Google maps?
>>
>>45260588
This also sounds pretty good
>>
>>45260413

I don't mind writing it, but I need to focus on my Space Fantasy rpg that I'm currently working on.

>>45260454

Making good dialogue is not always easy task, I always had problem writing dialogue if character have accents. I'm quit bad with english grammar so that I need to improve myself.
>>
>>45260505
Go nuts. Keep in mind that it's just a framework, and that the most conflict would come from overcoming challenges together with friends and it would only get dark when you got into the reasons for the conflict, maybe every three threads there would be a hint towards it and then depending on how much you sussed out/what your "final friendship score" was with them would determine how they presented it to you and how they would react to you trying to reconcile. So the R. Manager would have to see you treat Waifu good and not talk shit about her or cheat on her or anything, as well as have him respect how you run your bakery.

Asst. Manager would have to see you get shit done and you would have to set her up to run the bakery after you got married since she resents you for taking "her" promotion, otherwise she would only ever be neutral to you at best, you would have to deal with the counter girls teenage crush, at minimum not taking advantage of it and ideally helping her get over her insecurities and date a boy who doesn't have a Waifu or isn't a decade older. The Father you would have to make the bakery run well and your Waifu would give him shit for treating you badly once he no longer had the excuse of testing you. Because that's what people in relationships do when their parents shit-talk their partners, and she isn't just some passive wall-flower, she DID survive the previous adventure after all.

Getting friendly with the Rival Business Owner would only result in her screwing you over. Your Waifu would constantly warn you about this, and you would have to intentionally lose points with her/piss her off/miss stuff in order to proceed down that route, so it's not like it could happen by accident or casually. It would be CLEARLY you picking her over the waifu. Asst. Manager would be pissed because she's a rival, as well as R. Manager because you're choosing her over Waifu. Counter girl would be jealous.
>>
File: 1454643225123.jpg (196KB, 766x910px) Image search: [Google]
1454643225123.jpg
196KB, 766x910px
I want to run an Evil Junko Quest.
>>
>>45260611
Thanks. I was high as fuck and made it up as I went. THERE WERE NO RANDOM TABLES, IT WAS ALL ME BARRY! ALL ME! CHOO-CHOO except I also had no plan so I dunno what you would call that. I just figured 4 was in the middle but not quite a 5 (which would have been getting lost) so you were going to get an encounter but nothing exciting. The lower you got the more hostile the encounter, the higher the more positive
>>
File: 1453507429130.png (375KB, 512x724px) Image search: [Google]
1453507429130.png
375KB, 512x724px
Slowpoke here. Is the latest FATE Quest (the one that ran a week or three ago) dead? I was enjoying it, if only for the top-tier waifu material.
>>
A Knight in the Zodiac Court Quest 3 is up.
>>45260836

Also, if someone could add my twitter to the directory I'd really appreciate it.
https://twitter.com/ZodiacKnight_QM
>>
>>45260839
No word from the twitter and the archive has nothing new, so it may, unfortunately, be dead.
>>
>>45260839
>using Koyama's art
Let's be completely honest, the guy hasn't drawn Scathach properly even once. She always either looks retarded or is suffering from a serious case of horrible anatomy and shit perspective
>>
I wish I was ambitious enough to truely build the world and characters to make my quest something I could run.
It would be lovely to see how long it would work before breaking down.
>>
>>45257347
Huh. I've seen the (translated) name around before but I haven't had the chance to see it.

Like, I'm not gonna pretend that I wasn't influenced or inspired by other works, but I've been drawing more on Undermountain, Garth Nix, and Discworld than anything else.

Is the show any good? I need something to watch after I finish up with Angel Beats.
>>
File: 1447894586285.jpg (11KB, 216x141px) Image search: [Google]
1447894586285.jpg
11KB, 216x141px
>>45256144
>Military settings are boring and tend to attract the worst fanbases.
>>
>>45261156
>>Is the show any good?
It's not. And don't pay attention to that guy, he's retarded. Aside from the "the dungeon is its own micro-world" thing (which isn't even technically true in the anime mentioned), there are no real similarities between the two.
>>
>>45261156
>Angel Beats
How much are you enjoying it? I need to know how shit your taste is before I consider giving your quest a read.
>>
File: I am not a quick writer.jpg (49KB, 267x191px) Image search: [Google]
I am not a quick writer.jpg
49KB, 267x191px
>>45260460
>>
>>45261207
Finish off strike witches quest, smalltime.
>>
>>45261156
>Is the show any good?
No. Unless you like harem shit.
Look into Samurai Champloo and Code Geass though.
>>
>>45261253
would almost rather die
>>
>>45261268
>talking about good shows
>suggests CG
memeshows aren't good m8
>>
>>45261156
It's okay. Mediocre "super potential" dense Shonen protagonist with a full fetish harem including cat girls and glasses and big titty loli.

It's honestly kind of bad technically, but enjoyable enough if you don't analyse it.
>>
>>45261271
Comparing it to KCQ I think you already have inside. What happened?
>>
>>45261207
Get back to making the Yume Nikki Quest sequel, you bastard.

>>45261268
>recommending Code Geass
We're not in the 00s anymore, mate.
>>
>>45261289
Shows become 'memeshows' because they get popular, usually cause its good.

You fucking hipster.
>>
>>45260213
>shitty SoL romance quest where multiple women orbit your dick for no reason
How is that not a harem quest?
>>
>>45261289
>Shit taste
>opinion discarded
Yeah, ok, buddy.
>>
>>45261305
>Comparing it to KCQ I think you already have inside. What happened?

... wut
>>
>>45261311
>usually cause its good
I bet you think Umaru was a good show as well, don't you?

Also,
>popular = good
Go back to watching SAO.
>>
>You should start a quest all lighthearted and fluffy to bring in people!
>And then bring in grimdark and suffering, and actually advance your plot later on when you have a playerbase!

When do we stop imitating Madoka TWEESTS like it's sliced bread?

What other bad questing advice have you guys heard?
>>
>>45261343
He is saying your quest is shit mate. You going to just take that?
>>
>>45261343
>>45261271
>>45261207
GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

STOP SHITTING UP LIVELY YOU FUCKIGN RETARD YOU AHVE YOUR OWN FUCKIGN QUESTSW FOR SHITLGTIFINGL JUST POST A KCQ YOU AUTIST
>>
>>45261384
Someone has been reading my notes I see.

But in all honesty, don't engage your playerbase in a way that will give them too big a case of the shadow runs. Especially if they just got surprised by another QM in recent times.
>>
>>45261483
Grimdark isn't always shadowruns

>OOOOOOORPHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNSS NAMIDAAA
>several episode later
>RAISE YOUR BABIES
>FAFF AROUND
>KUDELIA (finally) COMES TO A DECISION
>>
>>45261343
I was more interested in why you stopped SWQ. I never got to read it until recently in the archives.

And I just can't get into KCQ.
>>
>>45261339

The waifus are a red herring. Your one true love is baking.
>>
>>45261518
Stop bringing up IBO every five seconds you autist
>>
Checking for interest again. I was considering changing the Tiefling to a human Pyromancer with unstable powers in a world where mages are oppressed instead of Tieflings, but I don't know if it would have the same effect. Input on this is appreciated.

You are an young Tiefling who left your mother and the city you were born in, just so others would stop harassing your mother for keeping someone like you around. You traveled for three years, trying to find a place to call home and a purpose in life.

Eventually you take up a contract job that brings you to a small Town at the edge of the Kingdom you've traveled for years now. They show the same level of distrust towards you as many others. While most of the parents pull their children away, a 7 year old child sticks around. However, you're there to do a job. You hunt and kill Mythical Creatures/Monsters that appear in the Forest and kidnap children and hamper the farmer's plans to expand their fields. After killing your first Monster and saving 3 children, the kids and some of the parents warm up to you, but most people claim you're still only doing your job.

Follow the Slice of Life adventures of a Tiefling and a 7 year old girl around this somewhat peaceful town as you try to gain the trust of the Town's people. At night, you fight mythical creatures that comes from the nearby forest bordering the mountain range. They always used to march into Town, grab two or three children and then leave.

While this is happening, miles upon miles away from said Town, a group of three Paladins are following the trail of this Tiefling, claiming that he is wanted for the genocide of an entire City.
>>
File: free-shrugs.jpg (92KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
free-shrugs.jpg
92KB, 449x642px
I prefer Nobledark all the way through. Makes the world a challenge live/fight in but there is light at the end of the tunnel, something to strive for and accomplish.
>>
>>45261343
Airforce > Navy
>>
>>45261544
>Checking for interest again.
There was enough. Now do it, or don't.
>>
>>45261525

Long story short I never planned shit and it died under its own weight.

Gotten a lot better about that.
>>
>>45261544
Take out "MC is member of oppressed minority" snowflake wank and the and "Paladins are actually evil". Both of those have been seriously over used lately.

I don't know why you are including a 7 year old kid. Seriously, you just mentioned they're there. Where are you going with this?
>>
>>45261635
Well, alright then. I enjoyed while it lasted.
>>
>>45261649
>Take out "MC is member of oppressed minority" snowflake wank and the and "Paladins are actually evil". Both of those have been seriously over used lately.
The MC being part of a minority doesn't make him a snowflake and nowhere is it stated that the Paladins are evil, mate. I'm sorry you don't like it, but I hope you find a quest for you out there.

>>45261585
Gotcha.
>>
>>45261649
>>45261544
The other stuff sounds okay. You could definitely have Paladins following him claiming he burned down a city. Just not "everyone assumes he did it because he's a fantasy Nigger and the Palacops are going to shoot to kill without evidence."

If the Paladins are truly interested in justice and you can cast the MC as an unreliable narrator about his past and have anons be unsure if he did or didn't do it that's a bonus.

Unless you're going to go the other way and make him an oppressed snowflake whom everyone thinks is evil due to an intrinsic characteristic and then have it turn out he actually IS evil and is trying to lay low.
>>
>>45261697
>>45261761
Paladins of Pelor/Zarus are evil-aligned, mate.
>>
>>45261697
> MC faces prejudice because he is "different"

> But they're just racist!

> Tiefling or Pyromancer. Really, come on man.
>>
>>45261156
The only reason to ever suffer through the standard "hard work solves everything except MC was secretly superstrong all along" harem show is because the dungeon portrayed there has AN ACTUAL ATTEMPT at building a microworld and dungeon economy.

Except the anime shits on all of that anyway, throwing away a good chunk of worldbuilding from the source, taking in plot holes in exchange for rushing through the story.

To put it another way, we don't bother with that show because you are here.
>>
>>45261807
Yeah, but people would KNOW they were Evil. Since we're using D&D and alignment is apparently a objectively measurable thing.
>>
File: wew lad.jpg (101KB, 513x486px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.jpg
101KB, 513x486px
>>45261464

I'm writing the op now toots woah
>>
>>45261761
Alright. I won't reveal anything, but I feel like I'll take it in a right direction with the help of the players. Thanks.

>>45261812
Can't help you if you don't like it, mate.
>>
>>45261697
Then why have him be an oppressed minority people are suspicious of, why have a child wander around following him, why have Paladins come looking for him instead of civil government forces or people from the city seeking revenge.

Honestly, your post isn't very informative here about how this quest is going to play, and it kind of sounds like OC DONUT STEAL tier.
>>
>>45261847
Confirmed to be a fanfic not a quest

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/KantOCelleQuest
>>
>>45261906
>Then why have him be an oppressed minority people are suspicious of
Granted, this I could actually do without. I'll think about it.

>>45261906
>why have a child wander around following him
For SoL adventures, character growth for both the MC and others, and a guide around the Town and its NPC's.

>why have Paladins come looking for him instead of civil government forces or people from the city seeking revenge.
It all happens in one kingdom and who's to say the Paladins aren't part of the "government forces"?

My post is as informative as it should be for a pitch though.
>>
>>45259612
honestly esdethfag is what ruined military mage quest for me. autistic fa/tg/uys ruin quests all too often
>>
>>45257123
>>45257231
I need some things cleared up here.

>How much more "value" do mages have?
In terms of combat effectiveness, is a mage worth more than 10 soldiers? A hundred? A thousand?

>How reliant are mages upon supply lines?
Other than food, what do they require to maintain combat effectiveness? Bullets? Specialized batteries? Entirely new guns?

>How important is it to maintain information lockdown on anything related to mages?
Is there some secret that no other nation must know? Is it the equivalent of having your guns reverse engineered if they capture one of yours? Are the general public themselves kept ignorant about magic in general?
>>
>>45262297
>How much more "value" do mages have?
A single mage battalion can change the flow of a battle, depending on the strength of the mage. A platoon of high tier mages (ranks 4 and upwards) can determine which side wins and which side loses.
>How reliant are mages upon supply lines?
Mages require sustainance like any other soldier(and as such get better food to keep them in top condition) as well as constant device maintance. Mages must also be kept in a good mental state or risk a device manflunction and their mana going haywire.
>How important is it to maintain information lockdown on anything related to mages?
Mages are revered as war heroes and legends by regular people (especially civilians). Information and battle records for a mage are very confidential and as such many nations try to hide their top secret mages and only use them when a battle is being lost. Of course, other nations know this and try to exploit this. There is also the problem of mental altertification and mind control to turn a mage to your side if you capture it. The secrets of a nations contraction and device crafting capabilities and methods are also highly classified and would be disasterous if they fell into enemy hands.

Hope that clears things up.
>>
>>45261985
> Anons immediately do the responsible thing and rehome the child

I hope this happens.
>>
>>45259660
>that hairstyle

Kaiba are you sure pissing your dragon waifu off is a good idea
>>
>>45262549
Much appreciated.

So many magnitudes more valuable?
>constant device maintenance
does that require specialized tools that need constant replacement/refueling?
>>
>>45262693
>So many magnitudes more valuable?
Indeed. Mages offer not only more utility and destructive power to the battlefield, but are also stronger, smarter, faster, and overall better than the average soldier.
>does that require specialized tools that need constant replacement/refueling?
It requires a magismith (a person who specializes in the engineering and maintance of devices). So yes specialized tools as well as industral-grade hardware and a trained mage to oversee the process.
>>
>>45262854
Good, good. Now I can be sure of my stance.

I would have to disagree with any sort of system that uses "trauma training" for mages.

If every mage has a significant value, you can't afford to ignore "that one outlier". Each and every one counts. Moreover, if they went on a killing spree, it would be much, much more dangerous compared to a regular soldier. And even if they don't, having a mage suffer a breakdown is not acceptable considering the how important each and every one of their missions are.

If a mage needs both industrial grade hardware and a professional other than his/herself to maintain equipment, then that cuts the risk of Going Rogue. However, that does not stop them from going on a killing spree and then dying.

I'm not going to go over how trauma can breed resentment and how that clashes with brainwashing, because I already brought that up with the QM 1 or 2 weeks ago.

Most importantly, if it's so important to keep things top secret, mental breakdowns are a HUGE risk to maintaining the information lockdown. A coverup is way, way more time-consuming and costly than a slower training program.

At least it's not as bad as AoPH.
>>
>>45263150
What if the trauma is necessary to create the mage, and the high mortality in traomong rate is a result of most people not being able to deal with it and either not becoming a mage or becoming one who is unstable and out down right away while they're still weak?

So you have a bottleneck on making more mage where you're trying to balance out getting powerful enough ones that are actually useful?
>>
>>45261518
Hey, it's IBO Referencing Man! Your references are getting entirely more strained, though...
>>
>>45263268
Counseling. Maaad counseling skills. Give them the big bux to guarantee an extra 5% more stable mages.

It's not like they don't exist in real armies. There's just more of a reason to put money in them when the target soldiers are much fewer and easier to document.

But if that doesn't help, then I won't press the point.
>>
>>45263150
I don't quite see your point. The objective of the truma training system is to ensure that each and every mage-soldier is not only able to kill and fight under extreme conditions and has the mental fortitude to stay composed while doing so, but also is a very powerful mage.
>>45263268
This is what happens. Contraction is neccessary to the process that connects squadmates mentally and emotionally. But the administration of the educational facilities also want to ensure each squad is comprised of individually strong soldiers as well. That's what the deathmatches are for.
>So you have a bottleneck on making more mage where you're trying to balance out getting powerful enough ones that are actually useful?
The Alliance is large, but that doesn't mean it isn't administered well. Not everything has to go onto the galatic administration level.
>>
>>45261554
The only light at the end of a tunnel should be the fires of Hell.
>>
>>45263912
Nah
>>
>>45262854
>Indeed. Mages offer not only more utility and destructive power to the battlefield, but are also stronger, smarter, faster, and overall better than the average soldier.

So why are you treating them in conventional combat scenes like non-mage infantry, cowering behind trenches and cover, with protracted firefights with assault rifles?

Seems to me mages should be that devastating equivalent of an artillery/gunship strike and less of... that I said.
>>
>>45263268
>What if the trauma is necessary to create the mage

They already come in semi competent and magically-capable before the fucking trauma.
>>
File: deathamongthestarsquest.gif (41KB, 190x223px) Image search: [Google]
deathamongthestarsquest.gif
41KB, 190x223px
DASQ 31 is up!
>>45264259
>>
>Exalted Quest on break for another month
Shoot, I hope he makes it back for the quest's birthday
>>
>>45263397
Counseling only helps after the stress, not during.
>>
File: CajwRi3VAAAjw3J[1].jpg (87KB, 600x622px) Image search: [Google]
CajwRi3VAAAjw3J[1].jpg
87KB, 600x622px
So GraveQM got QuestDrone to confirm that HQQ will be returning in the "Near future"
>>
>>45263521

Planefag, please knock some sense into this faggot, or at least ask your /k/ , or SB readers. This is like, some Tom Kratman-tier drivel.
>>
NA Quest is starting here: >>45264638
>>
>>45256786
>what if somebody cracks one? Do you pretend it didn't happen?

Stay true to the 1st Commandment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuVEgiZs6hY
>>
>>45262549
>A single mage battalion can change the flow of a battle, depending on the strength of the mage. A platoon of high tier mages (ranks 4 and upwards) can determine which side wins and which side loses.

Hey QM, show, not tell. Don't have mages doing minor fireteam support stuff, and instead firmly demonstrate what a mage really can do.

The mountain ambush and battle? Mages should've been blowing gigantic chunks out of that mountain end-to-end and tangling with heavy vehicles like those planes.
>>
>>45264605
>Holy Sword Quest hasn't run in about a month and Sparks has been quiet.

You know I was hoping to actually start the crusade before HSQ's year anniversary but I think I might have to count my blessings for us to even get it at all ;_;.

Real life is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>45265830
The last time he showed up on twitter was a week or two ago I think...?
>>
>>45266016
Something like that.

Dude must work and have school full time. Most of the reasons he cant run when he wants to is getting home late exhausted.
>>
Thinking of doing a quest based loosely on pic related and the world it's in, though taken on a larger scale.

The basic synopsis is that you're the Baron of a city-state that just fought off a massive Metal Head assault, killing one of the main commanders and saving your population. You're still heavily outnumbered, but you've recently brought into play Dark and Light Eco Troopers (super soldiers), and are now in a position to try and bring other cities under your banner and go on the offensive.

tl;dr Krimzon Guard quest where YOU are the Baron.

Thoughts?
>>
>>45266653
I don't think Jak is popular enough for a fanfic quest.
>>
When does Sith Apprentice Quest run next?
>>
>>45264517
. . . . Is this based on the Quantum Lich greentext?
>>
>>45266728
Brine has been MIA and radio silent for over a month.
>>
>>45266766
Thankfully, no.
>>
>>45266766
Quantum Lich?

No mostly Destiny's Hive faction
>>
>QM question
...Secret.

>>45266732
Pandora Quest is running!
(You are the head researcher at a government facility. Your sole responsibility is to teach the world's first autonomous AI, nicknamed Pandora, about life, the world and her existence.)
>>
What is the Mage Guild considered? It seems like free-form roleplay.
>>
In a SoL quest, is it better to have "episodic" installments? Thread 1 is one day and Thread 2 might be 3-4 days later, with references to what happened in the previous thread(s).
Or should it be day for day?
>>
>>45267587
The former, time passing will add to the general comfyness.
>>
File: Choices.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Choices.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>45267605
This is the format most SoL related media go for, so alright. Thanks man.
>>
>>45267655
>QM asks if the players are sure they want to do that, but they say yes anyway
>>
>>45267696
I saw another version of that gif where the left card says "Waifu" and the other says "Story".
>>
File: coming soon a theatre near you.jpg (25KB, 749x147px) Image search: [Google]
coming soon a theatre near you.jpg
25KB, 749x147px
>>
>>45267587
Day for day is fucking terrible. Just look at GuP:LGA.
>>
>>45267902
Oh they finally got rid of Kyon-kun?
>>
>>45268207
GuP:LGA worked out pretty fine though, despite going day for day. But I'll do episodic installments.
>>
>>45268207
Day by day quests can work if it's a smaller quest with a more confined world. Bigger quests with huge settings don't work well with that, obviously, but ones that take place entirely in one place, be it a building or what have you, are alright.
>>
>>45268505
Define "confined world".
>>
>>45255853

Great thread this weekend, folks. Thanks for playing.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mortal+Kombat+Konquest
>>
>>45260444

I saw it too, anon. I didn't run it but I found it inspiring.
>>
>>45262297
>linking my post about child soldiers and combat psychology

I'm not military mage QM but your questions are good and I hope he's the one who answered them.
>>
>>45264870
Lies, all lies.
>>
>>45264870
>that pic
>meanwhile, on Gemini
>>
>>45268757
Well, for instance, Ruby Quest was entirely in that laboratory. Smaller settings like that rather than say a sprawling world and all that.
>>
>Let's do that thing in PMMM where they start off cute, lighthearted and fluffy and then we start the actual plot with a TWEEEST and it's grimdark from here on
>Because the problem is that for people to care for the darkness they have to care for the hero first

What do I need to do if I want to start the quest dark, but the story slowly becomes brighter? How do I handle drama without spiralling back to darkness?
>>
>like 99% ready to run my quest
>still need art for it
F U C K
U
C
K
>>
>>45269140
Befriend EVERYTHING
>>
>>45269206
you are farther along the chain that I, my friend.
>>
>>45269206
Let me tell you a secret, anon. If you're lucky you can run a Quest without using art for barely anything. I stopped posting pictures a long time ago and nobody's even mentioned it.
>>
>>45269353
This, but art certainly keeps things interesting
>>
>>45269206
>Been 100% ready to run for 2 weeks now
>The urge to put it off for another week is too strong.
God help me.
>>
>>45269206
I fucking never use art unless it's shittily-drawn maps in MSPaint or the opening post/logo for mine and it hasn't caused any kind of catastrophe for my quest so far.
>>
>>45269206
>40% ready to run drawquest one shot
>staring at gimp while drinking vodka enhanced tea
>nothing gets done

why did I choose to live this way anons.
>>
>>45269487
It's easy
>>
>>45269383
Drink more.

That's my answer to everything
>>
>>45269353
>>45269379
I know this but it doesn't stop me fr u m demanding more from myself
>>
Out of curiosity, how many people here write outside of quests?
>>
>>45269970
Does shitty poetry count?
>>
>>45270002
Yes, I didn't ask about the quality I just asked if you did it. Don't be that guy
>>
>>45269970
Does half-finished short stories that will never see the light of day count?
>>
>>45269970
Here. Both professionally and for fun.
>>
>>45270030
Yes
>>
File: _sonicbird.png (7KB, 137x77px) Image search: [Google]
_sonicbird.png
7KB, 137x77px
Why should I get a Twitter account if nobody likes my quests?
>>
>>45269970
I'm writing the script to a video game I'm making.
>>
File: Drops of Revelation.jpg (204KB, 900x764px) Image search: [Google]
Drops of Revelation.jpg
204KB, 900x764px
>>45270341
Valen Quest is live, after I overshot my launch schedule by like two hours because writing is hard.
>>
So "You're the Dog now Man" Quest tomorrow. Be the dog. Just a heads up, since things are quieting down now
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 466x452px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 466x452px
>finish reading Heretical Love again
>realize Doomrider was Papas self insert all along
>does something only to disappear in a cloud of drugs
>>
File: ENOUGH BS.jpg (8KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
ENOUGH BS.jpg
8KB, 316x202px
>>45270900
>That picture
>Remember I had it as my FB profile picture for a while in like 6th grade
>Remember I used to frequent FB
>>
>>45271166
If Facebook was even around when you were in 6th grade, you're underage and should not be posting here.
>>
>>45271187
21, but 6th grade is probably different in your country than it is in mine.
>>
>>45271187
>Facebook
>Founded February 4, 2004; 12 years ago
>12 + 11 = 23
>>
>>45271231
see
>>45271220
>>
File: 3d3.jpg (388KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3d3.jpg
388KB, 1280x720px
>>45255636
>Can't draw up the willpower or inspiration to run my quest
>Meanwhile I can do tons of other mental work instead
I should probably stick to writefaggotry.
>>
>>45271288
What's your premise
>>
>>45271302
It's a quest that already exists.
I know I'm a bastard.
>>
>>45271323
For shame
>>
>>45271323
So what?
If I start a "Human Warlord" quest right now with smut mixed with a fantasy flair, people might call it a copy, but a good chunk of people will still play it and with time, people will stop calling it a copy as the two stories/worlds diverge.
>>
>>45271231
...It's been twelve years...
Where has the time gone?!
>>
File: Hedonismbot_2-4-.jpg (51KB, 512x385px) Image search: [Google]
Hedonismbot_2-4-.jpg
51KB, 512x385px
>>45271454
You've been here. With us.
>>
>>45269970
I write plays.
>>
File: 1432323236214.jpg (44KB, 667x435px) Image search: [Google]
1432323236214.jpg
44KB, 667x435px
>>45271475
Wasting away.
>>
>>45271424
No, I mean I SHOULD be writing it, it's already had its thread, but I dropped the ball on it and haven't picked it up since.
I don't even like it that much, I just feel like I'm a gigantic faggot if I don't see it through (which I probably am anyway, given the last quest I ran).
I'll probably just let it go and come up with a new Quest in like a month, just do oneshots to prevent me from picking up a playerbase, however small, and then dropping them.
/blog
>>
>>45271483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_FQU4KzN7A
>>
>>45271523
w-w-w-what?
>>
>>45271718
In a perfect world, men like me would not exist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl3H4vMqYNo
But this is not a perfect world.
>>
Posting my quest pitch:

You are an ordinary (or abnormal) guy (or girl) living in a modern city inhabited by monsters, spirits and gods (kind of like a modern day Gensokyo). An unspecified amount of time ago, your old home burned down in a mysterious fire. A mysterious woman was kind enough to use her magic to save you from the worst of it. She even gave you a new apartment in the inner city to live in! However, as payment, she inflicted you with a curse that not only causes more misfortune to enter your life, but also forces you to pay money to her in specific instalments, lest you suffer a horrible fate. You weren't exactly the richest guy to begin with, so this sudden new twist in your average joe life makes you want to hurl yourself off a bridge. If only you weren't so attached to your existence and everything.

Are you bad enough dude to deal with all the bullshit in your new life (haunted fast food restaurants, demons in the sewers, construction corporate sabotage, sentient and angry goth dolls) and pay the rent on time? Fantasy kitchen-sink, light-hearted, comedic and possibly a bit of action here and there. Main gameplay would be trying to manage a budget (food, bills, Internet, presents for potential little sister) while working to save up money before the due date.
>>
>>45272142
What experience do you have with writing?
>>
>>45272142
I've read this manga.
It was okay.

In case you didn't actually know this was a manga, I'm sorry.
>>
>>45272142
Nah. Sounds like too much boring micro.
>>
>>45271288
Literally just launched my first quest today. Feelsgoodman to have this idea I've been bopping around in my head for weeks out there and existing and now instead of just retreading the first part over and over whenever I think about it I can think about the *next* part. Hell I'm so jazzed right now I might go maximum /tg/ cancer overload and start putting some serious work on this CYOA idea I've had for a while too, damn the repercussions of maybe some people on the internet not liking it.

I guess what I'm saying is just do it who fucking cares if it's a copy it'll turn into it's own thing eventually.
>>
File: pg1.png (1MB, 886x1946px) Image search: [Google]
pg1.png
1MB, 886x1946px
Maybe I should try making my own skirmish game...
>>
>>45255636

You know, I was just thinking. I was playing this roguelike called Hieroglyphika, where the story is that you're a single explorer (a la Indiana Jones) exploring an Egyptian tomb and fighting a lot of monsters.

The thing is that you only have about five 'equipment slots', and you can only hold one thing at a time and regularly switch weapons. I think Joker and Totemist do this, with Joker having a huge array of weapons (Though he can only use two or three at a time) and Totemist's PC has spirits he has to shuffle between his fetishes.

Is that the best way to manage combat? Huge variety for specific situations, no 'god-build'? Or is a more gradual "This sword is better than the previous sword" thing more traditional?
>>
>>45272142
I would write in to suicide for firat action
>>
>>45273014
>Huge variety for specific situations, no 'god-build'?

Also, avoid shitty descriptions like "+2 sword".
>>
>>45272237
What name?
>>
>>45269970
I do. Trying to make a profession out of it but it's slow going.
>>
File: civ_2chart.png (7MB, 2300x6400px) Image search: [Google]
civ_2chart.png
7MB, 2300x6400px
>>45273055
>>
>>45273474

Yeah, that's something I've never liked, really. Going "This sword is better in pure numbers" isn't fun for a quest. I prefer to mix things up like "This weapon hits like a motherfucker, but it's inaccurate." or "This weapon fires a lot of little bullets, but they're like being gently caressed." Of course, the latter is still very useful if the opponent's shields are measured in the number of hits they can take, so you can just shoot him until his shields collapse.

For example. I'm no good in melee combat, so I can't really tell how a sword/axe/mace work differently in combat.
>>
Wasn't reviewanon reviewing today?
>>
>>45273791

Give him time. Reviews take forever to write. He's doing some uber-long quests, isn't he?
>>
>>45273791
They said "at the earliest" iirc. Maybe something came up?
>>
>>45273559
Weird question:

Is there a GURPS equivalent for narrative games? Basically something that is off-puttingly elaborate to plebeians but has everything you could want from a system?
>>
>>45273822

I don't know, but I use ORE to run my Quest, with Battletech's damage mechanics. It's my darkest secret.
>>
>>45273822
Not that, but someone made a system exclusively for quests. I haven't used it myself, so I dunno if it works.
>>
>>45273851
Thanks. I'll download it now.
>>
>>45270126
So I can laugh at you
>>
>>45273513
You're gonna have a lot of bombs before you have a hit man, just gotta do it for the love
>>
>>45274205
What year is it?
>>
NEW THREAD: >>45274638
>>
So what happened to Walzerweiss?
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.