[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Summon quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: choose your destiny.png (50KB, 1428x841px) Image search: [Google]
choose your destiny.png
50KB, 1428x841px
For as long as you can remember, you always wanted to be a summoner. To bring forth and command great monsters and become a great mage of legend doing so, to travel with monstrous companions on grand adventures. Now you have the chance to after much convincing your older brother, the current head of the family, you have been enrolled into the academy for summoners and are about to take the test towards your elemental affinity.

But before that your companion, Tinkle Pete advises you to take a mini-test to determine your affinity before it is known to the public. Tinkle Pete was a summon your mother had that you inherited, he doesn't do any fighting but he gives good advice.

"Before we begin this test I must ask

Are you a Guy or a Girl?"

[ ] Male
[ ] Female
>>
>>45081064
I'm a dude, bro.
>>
>>45081129
"Oh yeah I have seemed to have forgotten" Pete says. Lot of people seem to confuse what gender you are due to your androgynous looks. You got to admit you are not the manliest guy in the kingdom you take after your mother in both looks and pursuit.

Anyway now's not the time to be self-conscious you ask Pete to get on with the test.

Pete hands you a crystal ball that would test what affinity you have and tells you have as long as you put magic into it. You touch the ball and focus and after a second the ball glows revealing that the element you have is:

Normal Options:
[ ]Fire
[ ]Water
[ ]Air
[ ]Earth

Abnormal Options:
[ ]Lightning (like normal but not as common)
[ ]Nature (will need patience for this one)
[ ]Metal (not magical at all really)
[ ]Void (???????)

Bullshit Options
[ ]Light (Passive as fuck)
[ ]Darkness (the EDGY route)
>>
>>45081399
>bacon

if not applicable

>Darkness

also use > to greentext your options, makes it easier on the players.
>>
>>45081399
>[ X]Metal
Summoning is pretty metal.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>45081399
Jesus OP, you're like the 5th one this week. Did everyone just suddenly get free time after class?

Obligatory derision for poorly thought out chargen
>>
>>45081399
>[X]Darkness (the EDGY route)
>>
>>45081471
>>45081517
was hoping you guys didn't choose this, but this was the future that I choose

There is no light, the Crystal ball instead shows pure darkness, showing that you have the darkness attribute.

T-this isn't right, why? why is my element darkness? you begin panicking. You know full well what the dark attribute is. A very infamous affinity most people of the dark are usually entities of pure destruction and malevolence for your kingdom. Necromancers, demonhost, hell DEMONS. They are all creatures that most of the populations believes should be destroyed at all cost.

"What should I do Pete? What should I do?" you ask Pete in a desperate attempt to find a way out.

"Don't worry lad, this is one of the reasons why we did this test before the exam, all you have to do is not let anyone know about your affinity and you'll be fine, I mean you can still contact monsters after all" Pete says

"yeah so long as they do not know" you try to calm yourself down.

I>t's about time to go to your first class. What will you do?
>>
>>45081731
truth be told, and i'm not insulting you, this is a sign of an inexperienced QM. the players need a shit ton of guidance and options to pick from because right now, we have exactly 2 posts from which to extrapolate from. not that great of a size pool from which to get info from.
>>
>>45082081
Yeah I am, thanks for your guidance

here are some options

>Go to class
>Skip class, and try to go back to the manor
>Ask Pete for more information about summoning
>other
>>
>>45082154
>>Ask Pete for more information about summoning on the way to class
>>
>>Ask Pete for more information about summoning on the way to class
>>
File: pirotess-pretty.jpg (33KB, 610x476px) Image search: [Google]
pirotess-pretty.jpg
33KB, 610x476px
>>45081399
METAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqkhZyN_FiA
>>
>>45082196
Darkness or not you came here to be a summoner, and this school is the best way to become one. You will go to the class and learn properly about the summoning techniques and without fear.

>>45082225
While you are on your way to class you ask Pete for more information about the summons.

"In this world there are varieties of creatures roaming the landscape, some big, some small, some weak, some powerful, and as far in human history there where people that would tame said monsters. There are normal monster tamers people who take the time to subdue and partner with the wild creatures, but there are also the summoners that are pretty much like monster tamers except they use magic to tame said monsters and use magic to more conveniently transfer them on their journeys. You can tame any creature so long as you are good enough, but creatures of the same affinity as you are not only easier to tame you and the monsters get a bonus as well. Then there are familiars, a creature you summon based on your affinity that is completely a loyal servant to you and whose lifespans and powers are connected to your own. as it grows stronger so do you, and you will gain various magical abilities based on what the familiar is and what strength it has."
>>
>>45082452
"To get your monster, and in particular your familiar to grow stronger there are many ways of doing so. The most direct way is through battling and training with said monsters. You can give it specific magical items and potions change it in certain ways, and there are some task you can do depending on your affinity to also strengthen your summon."

After his talk about summon's growth you managed to get to the class. The Students are lined up in a amphitheater-style classroom all sitting for the exam.

"Ladies and gentlemen we will now begin the exam this exam is to do two things. First it will show your elemental affinity. Second it is to summon your familiar to which will be your partner for the rest of your summoning career!"

All people take their turns with the ritual. Most managed to summon their familiars without fail. Nothing really impressive between the familiars that the the students summons. Just small creatures and elementals that look pretty cute and not that very threatening looking. After awhile it is finally your turn despite the fact that you are a part of the darkness attribute you are pretty sure that like the student's familiars, yours will also not be all that threatening you gather your magic, link into the elemental plane and say "OPEN!"

The entire classroom shines with light, no not like darkness, anti-light that seems just as potent as light but not as comforting. and once the darkness wears off you come face to face with the familiar that will be your partner you the rest of your life.

You summon an Imp
>>
>>45082686
An Imp a lesser demon a variety of creature that creates destruction and taint where ever it goes. A horrible creature that the kingdom made forbidden to summon on pain of death. And you just summoned it. Right in front of the entire class.

"Hello master, may you please give me a name?"

>What's the Imp's name
>>
>>45082716
>Death

because you will be the death of me. and if not me, my enemies hopefully.
>>
>>45082771
"Death, because you will be the death of me" you say as you take notice of all the glares at you.

"Well then master, please command this servant as you will for he is eternally yours"

Everyone is staring at you, some in fear, some in anger, few even in worry and pity. but no one is happy with this development

>Run the fuck out of the classroom
>Shit down and don't give a fuck
>Try to come up with an good excuse
>other
>>
>>45082847
>>Shit down and don't give a fuck
The fuck are yall looking at?!
>>
>>45082847
>>Shit down and don't give a fuck

>you all can't literally think i did this on purpose, in front of a fucking classroom, which would end in my death.
>>
>>45082847
>Shit down and don't give a fuck
>after realizing we just shit ourselves, sit down and plant face on desk
>>
>>45082868
>>45082869
"come Death, follow me and allow the exam to progress" you say as you walk to your seat and wait until the exam and class is over just soaking in all the stares by your peers

After class the teacher summons you to the headmaster's office to discuss your "predicament."

"I don't know what to think about this. On one hand you summoned a demon to this world but on the other he is your familiar a being corresponding to your very soul, so you are not entirely at fault, the great gods work in mysterious ways to allow a soul compatible with a demon into this world but I myself would not have you punished for reasons beyond your control. But this is not something we can shove under the rug I sent a message to the royal family about your situation, it is up to them to find out how they will deal with you, but know this, if you EVER do anything to threaten this school or this kingdom, I will take your head myself!" The headmaster says with the heaviest of scowls and a glare that shows certainty that he would kill you if you do anything funny.

You leave the headmaster's office and try to head to your room until you find a bunch of students waiting for you.

>avoid them, don't want to to get involved (and I rather not cause trouble after the meeting)
>walk through, this has been a bad day already I'm sure a beating can top it off
>Let's go somewhere else (pick location)
>>
>>45083036
>death what can you do?
like magical abilities, racial traits, magic you know, shit like that

>>Let's go somewhere else (Library)
>>
>>45083072
This

We can look for some stuff involving our situation.
>>
>getting an imp
>not a hell-hound puppy
>>
>>45083072
You decide to go to the library and not bother with the people who will obviously gang up on you.

"So Death what are your abilities" you say. Even before you ask him you already know that this imp is a pretty unique familiar. Familiars are usually not intelligent and can almost never speak human language, so he's not exactly an ordinary familiar.

"I can cook, clean, do any task you want me to follow. I can set up minor traps and have low level demonic magic. Because I'm a being from the demonic realm I can access it for your convenience. Oh and I can also devour other creatures to gain a minor portion of their strength"

The devouring of the monster's of others is considered taboo in this school and demonic plane is a definite no. "What are those demonic magic you speak of?"

Minor Fear - can cause an emotion of unsettlement to the use, can easily be overcome

Imp fire - A small but harmless flame, can cause minor burns to flesh but is a good tool if one wants to cut something small and doesn't have a blade

Flesh golem - use dead flesh to create small creatures to carry out your orders

Unsettling aura (passive) - all non-demonic entities will feel unsettlement towards the familiar and the user
>>
>>45083282
You head to the library to read more about things that will help you out in. you might as well focus on developing your summon knowledge with books and advice from Pete and make little interaction with your peers as possible.You find some books that will probably teach you knowledge about the Dark attribute and summoning.

>Read the books about the famous dark-affinity summoners
>Read book about demonology
>Read bestiaries for non-dark summons
>Read books about legendary summoners
>ask Death about Dark summons
>ask Pete about Dark summons
>>
>>45083282
do we have a minor affinity to void since it's related to darkness? a strong negative affinity from light?
>>
>>45083360
>>Read book about demonology
>ask Pete about Dark summons

don't see a reason we can't do all of these.
>>
>>45083360
>Read book about demonology
>>
>>45083360
>>Read book about demonology

I want to go to the demonic plain and having death devour creatures to get stronger.
>>
>>45083375
>>45083416
>>45083436

You first ask Pete about dark summons and if you really are doomed to be a villain or great calamity.

"fear not lad, though most dark summoners are a vile and sordid lot, some, though shifty, have managed to achieve beyond their destinies and became great men themselves just remember that dark does not mean evil and you will be fine, as for dark affinity I sadly know little about it, for my attribute is light so we are opposites"

"So Death, you said you know much about the demonic plain, how much do you know about demons?" you said as you take out a book about demonology

"We Imps know much about the demons and their worlds, as a small and weak existence we have to know all we can, especially how we are able to improve our standings and become great demons ourselves. Not all dark summons are demons the undead, malevolent creatures, and twisted spirits are also affiliated with the dark attribute. Though of those the undead and twisted spirits are the easiest to find and control for the weaker malevolent creatures will be slain by the humans if found and the demons are not something that, the inexperienced should simply toy with."

After reading the demonology book you realized that the last sentence is pretty spot on. All the demons in the book are creatures that took heroes of legends to compete if they ever were. You were thinking of having the Imp access the realm to fight against them but looking at this you'll probably get squashed like an ant if you walk through the door!
>>
>>45083621
Regardless even if you were to enter the demonic plane you will have to find a safe place to do so, one outside the eyes of others. Maybe there are some smaller entities you can fight with if you are conspicuous enough.

"The how am I suppose to get stronger?" you asked
I know of a potion that can increase our dark energies well, it's a minor one that will not cause too much burden for master"

Potion of minor darkness ingredients
-human tears
-lesser magi herb
-drop of blood (any blood)
-gram of gold
-water
-claw of Imp

You look at the list and it seems the hardest one to get is the magi herb. The tears and blood you can get from yourself and the craw can be provided by Death. There's a small forest outside the school where you can get the magi herb from maybe you can also try to contact your first monster there.

>read the other books
>go to forest to get herb (and maybe snag some creatures)
>enough I'm tired lets go to bed!

>>45083374
Void is sort of similar to darkness like Nature to light, but at the same time it's a whole other ball game Void-affinity doesn't exist in this world, Lightning is rare, Nature and Light are typecasted to healers, and Metal is so non-magical people who have them wouldn't think they had an attribute
>>
>>45083825
>>read the other books

like herbology and a bestiary of monsters in the forest.
>>
>>45083825
>go to forest to get herb (and maybe snag some creatures)
>>
>>45083825
>go to the local arctic forest to capture ice bears
>>
>>45083882
>>45083883
(in that order)

You read the legends of other dark summoners, mostly it's just books where they are the evil beings and are stopped by the dashing hero.

Kyle the Unbeliever who single-highhandedly depopulated the Solar Empire with his bare hands

Stephen the evil the one who incited the first Demos war

Pherion the Great the one who incited the second Demos war

Giacomo the Fool who created several convoluted political schemes that caused the destruction of 8 kingdoms and his own execution

Charles the Necromancer who brought about the war of the dead and whose established a Necrocracy that lasted thousands of years until it's destruction at the hands of the Light magic party.

You read up on the bestiary, it seems in the forest there are a few creatures you can test out your skills towards.

You head out to the forest to find the herb it's a pretty safe trip to the forest since it is right next to the academy but though you found the herbs you are looking for but you still want to find a creature to tame and test your Imp so you can work your way up to that Ice bear you always wanted. From the bestiary, you shortened it down to a few that you are looking for best on

(choose what you want out of the starting creature)
>Offense
>Defense
>Speed
>Affinity Compliment
>>
>>45084136
>>Offense

we need something to attack with.
>>
>>45084163
You believe that it's best to find a monster that has the most offensive power and save the other attributes for later. With great attack power it can be much easier to fight and capture other monsters in the future. Problem is that the one you have in mind is the rarest one in the forest, but the rarest is usually the best. You search for awhile until you find the creature you are looking for an Eracriche resting on a put out log fire. You approach it and it wakes up and assumes fighting position. With claws, fangs and smoke coming out of its mouth it's a good creature when it comes to fighting. While thinking that it claws at you.

>Roll
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>45084385
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>45084385
it usually helps to put what you want us to roll. d6 d12 d20 d100? i'm assuming d20. are you taking best of 3 or first?
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>45084385
>>
>>45084407
The Imp takes the stick that it picked up on the way and whacks the mut in the face and while it's staggering begins trying to tie the Eracariche up so you can contact it. Since it's a Fire-attribute creature it's harder to contact it then it would've been if it was Air or Earth but since it will be tied up it's only a matter of time until you get it to obey. For now it's a job well done so you decided to go home with the components.

You make it back to your lodging and begin getting the ingredients for your potion, while mixing the potion you believe now that the lights are out that it would be a good time to look up the demotic plane to see what you will be getting into

>contact demon plane
>just drink the potion and go to bed

>>45084425
yeah I should develop what is being rolled first haven't thought through exactly how the combat works

right now the stats of the Imp is

HP: 10
Atk: 5
Def: 5
Spd: 5
Int: 10

and the Eracrice
HP: 5
Atk: 8
Def: 3
Spd: 5
Int: 1

which is sort of random numbers

I should've rolled myself as well hopefully I'll make a better one in the future
>>
>>45084621
>>just drink the potion and go to bed

also think on what the numbers /mean./ what is 10 str, average human level str? 5 spd, speed of a 10 year old? 10 mph? def 5 is what, skin level, bark of tree level, iron level defense? what does int represent? how much we know, how fast we can read, shit like that.

i'm not trying to intimidate you, it's just that a lot of shit goes into being a good QM and if you're going to do it, do it /right/.
>>
>>45084716
I'll finish up the quest for now and come again when I get a better system for combat or decide to make it completely narrative based

For the Imp's stats it's supposed to be all balanced save the Int stats which is up to human level.. 5 being the average stat for level 1 type creatures (so jack of all trades master of none, save Int). While the creature you just fought focuses more on offense than anything else.

Should also put in a Charisma stat since we're playing the dark route.

Thank you for your help, this was mostly a leap of faith because I was nervous if I can make a quest at all.
>>
>>45084858
3d10 is a fairly good dice system to use for combat, if the quest is going to be heavily magic focused I'd say check out banished quest to get some ideas for a magic system, if it's going to be beast based maybe totemist quest could give you some inspiration, good luck if you continue
>>
File: 1449090670598.png (165KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
1449090670598.png
165KB, 600x675px
>>45082154
See to it that you look at this and learn from it to QM. Get a trip as well. You do so by writing ##Password - password is your own unique password.
>>
>>45081731
Yeah probably should not have had it an option

Oh well time for edge should be fun
>>
Hm qm needs to work on his writing skills but he seems willing to learn and his setting has promise

I look forward to the next instalment.
>>
>>45087184
I honestly feel like this one needed meta exposition because the in universe exposition seemed off

Let's see can I make bingo here

Nope not even many squares filled.
>>
>>45087215
Since MC decided to just stay clear and only talked to his posse there wasn't that much edge this session

maybe next session if it will ever exist (I think the "no twitter" square is probably the greatest obstacle).

though it was great that my first quest thread had nothing but nice people in it.
>>
>>45088001
Well you generally don't get instant corruption its a process.
>>
>>45087184
>>>/s4s/
>>
>>45082847
>not elttil hctib
It's like you guys don't even meme.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.