[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/ Magical Girls in D&D Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 412
Thread images: 30

File: 1367080550735.jpg (137KB, 1015x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1367080550735.jpg
137KB, 1015x1004px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Magical Girls in D&D Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:

http://pastebin.com/53QiHfcU (embed)

Old Thread: >>44999036
>>
Does a pc get favored class benefits at level 1?
>>
I am playing my wizard as a buffer and battlefield control and making magic items for the melee heavy party in a low magic setting type wizard. Am I screwing myself by not focusing more on feats like spell focus? I don't really use many direct attack spells.
>>
>>45006345
Not really, no, but here's a better question: Is everyone at your table having fun? If so, you're doing it right.
>>
>>45006344
Yes.
>>
>>45006344
yes
>>
File: drew.jpg (16KB, 430x300px) Image search: [Google]
drew.jpg
16KB, 430x300px
Things you do not want to hear the party wizard say.
>>
>>45006369
"Oops."
>>
>>45006345
The key to fun in pathfinder is having everyone be useful and about the same power level. If someone is playing a rogue and someone else a min maxed magus nobody is having fun. The game is about fun, not winning.
>>
>>45006369
"It's okay, the math for Sacred Geometry is easy to do in my head."
>>
>>45006369
> I charge the troll
>>
File: 1436073552243.jpg (13KB, 360x300px) Image search: [Google]
1436073552243.jpg
13KB, 360x300px
>>45006369
"I'm in heat."
>>
>>45006369
"I prepared explosive runes."
>>
>>45006369
>>45006370
"Should"
>>
>>45006345

Don't have to use direct attack spells to benefit from DC boosting. You'll often be forcing saves for battlefield control, color spray, sleep, stinking cloud etc etc.
>>
>>45006369
Path of War is so OP
>>
>>45006369

"I'm going to shitpost in PFG."
>>
>>45006412
I'm level four right now and am a conjurer my feats are skill focus use magic device(needed for a house rule) spell penetration and craft wondrous item. Should I get a spell focus at level 5? I was going to get craft weapons and armor. What is a good one to get?
>>
File: sgt hotdog.jpg (71KB, 367x364px) Image search: [Google]
sgt hotdog.jpg
71KB, 367x364px
>>45006384
Is there any race that actually goes into heat? What benefits would a wizard have for inducing such a cycle onto themselves?
>>
>>45006458
Having zero sex drive outside of one time a year maybe? As opposed to constantly?

Makes at least a degree of sense. One or two weeks of intense lust, so for the rest of the year it doesn't come up at all.
>>
>>45006446

Take what you like, 5% won't make or break your effectiveness.

Are you sure you will get the downtime necessary to benefit from all those crafting feats though?
>>
>>45006458

>Is there any race that actually goes into heat?

Of the playable races, Catfolk, Strix, Gnoll, maybe Skinchangers and some varieties of Aasimar (like Agathion.) Winter wolves like Greta would also have heat cycles.

And the answer to WHY is simple; Mask of the Demon Mother, which allows one to smell if something (whether man or beast) is fertile or in heat, and if you worship Lamashtu is allows the wearer to breed with anything within one size category of itself.
>>
Can someone explain to me racial favored bonuses and this ridiculous +1/4 and +1/3 nonsense?
>>
>>45006589
Since you round down everything you'll need four levels of that FCB or 3 levels respectively to get any benefit.
>>
>>45006594
So basically, you get a +1 every 4 levels if you have a +1/4?
Why the fuck doesn't it just say that?
>>
>>45006610
It does say that.
>>
>>45006610
Because at any level you have the option, if for some reason you really really need to, of not taking the 1/4th FCB.

So at level 5 you could have +2 HP and 3/4ths of a whatever, taken in any order.
>>
>>45006369
"I am going for thassilonian specialization...enchantment"
>>
>>45006618
You don't need to add the stupid "rounding down" nonsense, because a fraction rounded down is going to be 0 no matter how you cut it.
>>
>>45006610
In addition to >>45006618 it also takes less space in the book this way, which is important when they have those big tables of them.
>>
>>45006594
If it said every four levels get this bonus, then you'd have people asking if they can take other FCB every non-fourth level. Making it fractions keeps it simple and easy to understand.
>>
>>45006715
Whoops, meant
>>45006610
>>
So, pfg, who enjoys challenging combat?
Not all the time, but chapter/dungeon bosses to be difficult enough to actually require more thought and resources expended than one player saying "I full attack."
>>
>>45006772
I regularly play Shadowrun and Dark Heresy.
In a game where a dude with a couple of grenades and a automatic rifle may not cause a tpk, but a single good roll means he's punching like a fucking heavyweight, I'm used to ANY combat requiring thought and strategy.
I hate D&D players and their selfish, one dimensional strategies, and honestly, casters are usually at the forefront of this.
>>
>>45006772
But what else can Fighter/Rogue/Monk do?
>>
>>45006808
Fail spectacularly.
>>
>>45006772

I adore challenging combat, especially when it's the kind where the DM gave you significant resources for your character (generation and wealth) just so they can remove the limiter on what they will throw into the encounter.

Got 3d6+6 stat generation and level 5 wealth? Time to throw the entire raiding party at you.
>>
>>45006369
"What could possibly go wrong?"
>>
>>45006369
"I forgot to cast Magic Circle before Planar Binding."
>>
Question for you.
I don't play Pathfinder but I'm hoping to play in a campaign where necromancers are a thing. Can someone point me to a rulebook or supplement which has a necromancer spell list? I'm not after a PDF just the name of a book or supplement so I can go off and research.

Thanks!
>>
>>45006808
By One player saying I full attack I mean literally one person saying it once.

I've just learned I'm the only one who actually enjoys it in my group, and I'm not entirely sure how to feel.

I do what >>45006866 Enjoys, I tell my group ways to make themselves stronger give hints to become more powerful so the battles can be more epic in scale.

Now it turns out I may have been wasting my time.

Anyways, I was merely curious if that was the norm in mindsets
>>
>>45006772
I like it if there are other approaches present. I feel like I'm designing a bad game if I make a tough fight don't put around some things or special ways to gain advantage so that creative play can win even if my players are shit when it comes to actually building their characters. I mean I'm not saying I put every boss encounter under a giant stalactite, but good information-gathering can tell you his favourite spell, the resistance leader imprisoned in his castle might want a shot at him with you, you can make him do a stupid attack if you let him know his wife sleeps around, etc.
>>
>>45006945
There's no such book, because wizard spell list is distributed across pretty much every splatbook Paizo has made, even the ones directed at martials. But the most important spells you'll need are right there in the corebook.

Or you know, just use the SRD like a sane person.
>>
>>45006369
"Don't worry."
>>
>>45006945
>Question for you.
>I don't play Pathfinder but I'm hoping to play in a campaign where necromancers are a thing. Can someone point me to a rulebook or supplement which has a necromancer spell list? I'm not after a PDF just the name of a book or supplement so I can go off and research.

Libris mortis for 3.5 has a bunch of necromancy stuff.
>>
>>45006945
If you want any undead specific book I guess you can look for Libris Mortis from 3.5
>>
>>45006945
Necromancers mostly are not a class but a thing certain classes can specialize in. Clerics are generally best at it but if the term "Necromancer" was literally used, it refers to a wizard specialized in the necromancy school.

Here's the wizard spell list. It's a core class and lots of necromancy is in the core rulebook, but everyone has access to this whole list essentially since it's Open Game Content.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spell-lists-and-domains/spell-lists---sorcerer-and-wizard
>>
How many pets can one character have? Summoner for eidolon, two feats for eldritch heritage arcane for familiar, three more for animal companion, one more for leadership. Anything else?
>>
If there's any DSP staff here, do you guys keep a list of which random-ass terms are generally supposed to be capitalized in the descriptive texts of Pathfinder content?
>>
>>45007060
Get the Recruits feat instead of Leadership for an extra pile of cohorts. There's also a Taldan Knight feat or something from very early PF that gives you another cohort.
>>
>>45007002
>>45007007
>>45007016
>>45007031

Cheers all, appreciated!
And sorry for the dumb question, new to this whole shebang.
>>
>>45007077
Class names, feat names, maybe class feature names are capitalized. Spells, powers and probably maneuvers are italized.
>>
>>45007060
Make sure to do Broodmaster, so you can have two eidolons.
>>
File: eyes.png (46KB, 500x229px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
46KB, 500x229px
>>45007003
"No charge for them."
>>
>>45006799

Swinginess doesn't inspire tactics, it inspires strategy to avoid having to deal with the swings in the first place. Once a strategy fails and you have to actually start to think tactically in combat you're at the mercy of the swing. Of course in practice the GM will simply start pulling his punches.

A less swingy game allows you to put more tactical depth in a RPG, where characters aren't disposable and where the GM doesn't want to carebear.

I'm not saying PF does that, but elitism from people who play swingy games which fail at providing tactical depth in entirely different ways is ridiculous.
>>
>>45006573
Yeah I will. It's a very player driven we decide what to do type of campaign. We have setup our own base and are working on fixing it up and fortifying it. I just don't have the cash to make any magic items right now. It's a long term group that has been together for about 15 years now. Our last DnD campaign went on for about 5 years real time. This world is fairly low magic so we won't be able to just buy anything we want but are free to craft them.
>>
>>45006385
Underrated post
>>
>>45006630
As a man who went through the shit storm of giants that was Rise of the runelords, fuck you for reminding me.
>>
>>45007077
>>45007110
In descriptive text, class names are not capitalized actually, and class feature names don't seem to be either.

If d20pfsrd is to be trusted, you ONLY capitalize:
• Skill names
• Attribute names (short and longform)
• Feat names
• Hit Dice
• Armor Class
• Reflex, Fortitude, Will
• Difficulty Class
• Combat Maneuver Bonus/Defense
• Names of planes
• Small, Medium, Large
• Game Master
Everything else is not unless English language rules definitely call for it (proper nouns and such), including more-specific uses of those things. I could be forgetting a few and some others are inconsistently applied though.
>>
>>45007226
>Swinginess
You mean where you don't have heroic invulnerability and getting shot is actually a problem?
>where characters aren't disposable and where the GM doesn't want to carebear
Shadowrun is neither of those, and DH only advertises as such; in actual gameplay, a character is valuable for the service they can render, and wasting your life meant you wasted time better spent on someone who could actually do the job.
Anon, you should PLAY the games before you talk about them.
>elitism
It's elitist to expect group oriented play from group oriented games, now?
>>
>>45007342

>You mean where you don't have heroic invulnerability and getting shot is actually a problem?

Yes, exactly.

> a character is valuable for the service they can render, and wasting your life meant you wasted time better spent on someone who could actually do the job.

The dice don't care about blah blah, they swing as they swing. The GM does care though.
>>
>>45007334
Also the notation of when to use numbers or to spell out words (1st level instead vs first level) is entirely context-based and possibly determined using dice. The only real pattern is to use words when discussing the quantity or rate which you gain a numeric bonus (3 1st-level spells = three first level spells. Gain +1 every four levels). That one is actually deceptively useful because it reduces the chances of a stupid/tired person misreading things. The bonus or spell level is always the one that keeps the number and doesn't become the word. Clarity is also the reason you sometimes see "plus 2" instead of +2, especially when another calculation is involved that would make order of operations steer them wrong.

Have fun m8.
>>
Im about to start a heavily modified Skulls and Shackles game so far we have a monk, a stormborn sorcerer and an oracle, still havent decided what i should be. Any ideas?
>>
Occultists seem to make good necromancers. Anything I'm missing?
>>
Anyone here try the "Pure Steam" third party setting? Any opinions? GM is talking about running it and trying to get an idea of how braced for awful I should be.
>>
>>45007758
Are you looking to play anything in particular? You could probably roll with a Druid, for example. Try to make sure you have the right race, too. There's a half-elf racial trait that winds up pretty damn broken for a sea-based campaign if the DM lets you get away with it:

>Child of the Sea: Half-elves from a coastal region with this racial trait gain a +4 racial bonus on Swim checks as well as on Profession (sailor) and Wisdom checks to pilot a sea vessel. They also have an innate sense of direction and can never get lost at sea. This racial trait replaces the low-light vision and keen senses racial traits.

You cannot get lost at sea, being the big part.

Either way, make sure your DM is giving you some top shelf pirate waifus. If not, you'll have to hang in there until Tessa Fairwind shows up.
>>
>>45006369
"I'm an Abjurer with Conjuration and Transmutation as my banned schools."
>>
>>45007871
I kind of want to be a swashbuckler but im on the fence about whether i should go swash or daring cavalier and ill look into that
>>
>>45007972
>swashbuckler
The Paizo Swashbuckler is shit.
>>
>>45007972
Between those two, Daring Champion.
>>
>>45008000
>>45008002
>swashbuckler is shit

but why specifically is it worse than daring champion
>>
>>45008054
Because daring champion also gets challenge and Order stuff which are useful, while swashbucklers features aren't.
>>
>>45008111
Fair enough and i guess i only habe to wait till 4th to get deeds
>>
>>45007871

Undine adept is pretty sick for S&S
>>
>>45008148
However i looked and i wouldnt get opportune parry riposte or the intimidate deeds
>>
>>45008177
If you dip 1 level in swash for it you are still better off.
>>
>>45007871
>Top Shelf Pirate Waifus
My players seem to be Top Shelf Pirate Matchmakers. They have managed to, accidentally or purposefully, kickstart prurient relations between a not-insignificant number of the crew. To the point where they've begun furnishing the beds (replacing the hammocks) with privacy curtains, and plan on buying certain means to cast silence upon closing said curtains.

Having one-rounded Scourge and Plugg even with their level up (which happens when you have made allies of the entire bloody crew, including half the people who started out HATING you), they are thoroughly off the rails by this point, having changed their heading from "To the Slithering Coast" to "To Port Peril".
>>
Aight, /pfg/, lend me your expertise. How do I make money in Pathfinder?
I'm not talking about "break the game" amounts of money, mind you, just a reasonable amount of money without unreasonable demands on time.
>Context:
>Play a Catfolk Pally
>Big campaign with multiple parties, 4 DM's, ~20 people
>Parties generally split up into "Orders", who, in this homebrewed setting, answer to the Emperor instead of the various regional kings (we are not immune to the law, however).
>Member of the goody-two shoes order, naturally
>Party currently stuck in the biggest city of the "militaristic nuts" faction/country, mostly dealing with politics bullshit.
Theoretically, we should be getting paid for our work, but (possibly due to something we did or did not do), the DM has said that someone swiped the money én route to us. Current level is 4. The way the plot is going, there's no immediate prospect of dungeon crawling anytime soon, we've only fought a lootable enemy once (and splitting six ways didn't do us any favors), and being a Paladin the less-than-legal avenues of profit are off-bounds. I DO have two measly ranks in Craft:Weapon, for all the good it'll do.
Any ideas?
>>
>>45008439
As a paladin youre kind of fucked i mean you could do merc work or misc work around town but as a paladin youll probably refuse payment or only do acts of charity. Ask if your DM if he can have NPCs insist to pay you to help you out a bit
>>
>>45008439
Adventure. Your DM seems to be fucking you, so there's really nothing you can do, since it seems likely that no matter what you try to do the DM will disallow it or have it fail.

>>45008614
>as a paladin youll probably refuse payment or only do acts of charity
What the fuck? Do you seriously think paladins are obligated to be stupid and self-defeating?
>>
>>45008614
Paladins do not swear oaths of poverty or even charity. You have a fucked up view of paladins. They'll do what's right, even if those helped can't pay, but that doesn't meant they have to work gratis even for people who can afford it.
>>
>>45008629
Well when i play them im usually really do-gooder, i give away lots of money to the poor and I refuse payment if i think the NPC needs it more than i do however if the man paying me seemed flush af or if they insisted after I graciously decline id accept payment
>>
>>45008663
Fuck off, you shouldn't be giving people advice based on how you personally RP shit.
>>
>>45008690
I honestly thought most people played them that way
>>
>>45008614
Ι'm a Paladin of the TN God of Death, I can probably get away with being a bit selfish. Problem is, merc work is rarely something a Paladin can do in general, and there are no significant bounties at the guard office (I asked).
>>45008629
He pretty much is, but it's more through inactivity than through deliberate malice. If I could come up with a legitimate way to make money while kicking my heels in the city, I could most likely have him OK it without much problem.
>>
>>45008723
You're an idiot.
>>
>>45008760
You could go after your money that got intercepted, could make a fun adventure too
>>
>>45008760
>Paladin
>TN god

Setting's homebrew, right?
>>
>>45008826
This. Actually, is that the hook the DM was throwing and the players just didn't follow it for some reason?
>>
>>45008640
>>45008629

yes, paladins do have to be kind of stupid and self-defeating, because their defining trait is that they forsake what is easy and what is practical in favor of the purest good. Poisoning an enemy, killing a prisoner, or taking a high-paying mission are all very convenient, and a good character of another class might do any of those things for the sake of good consequences, but a paladin must follow the path of stupid good. Even if the paladin is smart enough to know that the enemy is too strong to attack without subterfuge, the prisoners will not repent, and the high-paying job could finance more quests, he must pretend to be ignorant of these facts.
>>
>>45008831
Yes, it is.
>>45008859
>>45008826
We're bogged down in politics already. Figuring out the money thief is part of the main quest, not a throwaway plot hook, and it's not going to be resolved in just a session or two.
>>
>>45008972
No he doesn't. Executing a prisoner is perfectly permissible, if they have done something bad enough to warrant a death sentence. Similarly, there's exactly nothing at all in the code of conduct about refusing payment or giving the reward to charity.
>>
>>45008972
We've discussed these things in Paladin threads in the past, but I personally don't believe that being a Paladin equals being Stupid Good par neccecity. Yes, it's one way you can play your character, and an admirable one at that, but nothing says your Paladin can't be practical about picking his fights and his opponents. Using poison is dishonorable. Executing prisoners is evil. Retreating from a battle you can't win to a more fortified position is just elementary tactics.Haggling to protect a merchant of dubious morality is Chaotic- protecting a law-abiding merchant from thugs and accepting a token of gratitude is perfectly fine. Yes, playing a Paladin is probably the only class that requires cooperation between the player and the DM to make it work, (no orc baby dillemmas, for example) but when it does work, it's all the more worthwhile for it.
>>
>>45009037
Oh good. That one-step thing is amusing when you're creating a CG Warpriest of Azathoth or Cleric of Yog-sothoth though.
>>
>>45009066
Not choosing the most good option that presents itself is a knowing act of evil, which is explicitly against the paladin's code of conduct. Refusing payment is not explicitly mentioned in the code but can be inferred from the prohibition on evil acts.

And a paladin who feels that he has the right to execute unarmed prisoners who have surrendered, to be his own judge and jury, is twisting the rules on obeying legitimate authority beyond the point of absurdity. If you're allowed to think of yourself as the only legitimate authority, anything goes.
>>
>>45009119
According to Gygax executing prisoners is perfectly LG.
Killing redeemed villains even more so since you are sending them to their reward before they can backslide.
Mercy is unlawful according to him.
>>
>>45009185
Gygax had a lot of fucked-up ideas. Put his opinions on war crimes in the same category as alignment languages.
>>
>>45009168
>Not choosing the most good option that presents itself is a knowing act of evil, which is explicitly against the paladin's code of conduct. Refusing payment is not explicitly mentioned in the code but can be inferred from the prohibition on evil acts.
No, that's just full on retarded. Not choosing the most good option is a light year removed from an actual act of evil. And there's nothing at all non-good or non-lawful about legitimate contract which includes being paid to fulfill it.

>And a paladin who feels that he has the right to execute unarmed prisoners who have surrendered, to be his own judge and jury, is twisting the rules on obeying legitimate authority beyond the point of absurdity.
Paladins are holy WARRIORS. They're not town guards, they're not the fantasy equivalent of the modern police, they're soldiers for the forces of Law and Good. They ARE the judge, the jury and the executioner, for theirs is the knowledge that they'll lose their powers should they be wrong. Their job is, first and foremost, to KILL evildoers.
>>
>They ARE the judge, the jury and the executioner, for theirs is the knowledge that they'll lose their powers should they be wrong. Their job is, first and foremost, to KILL evildoers.

It depends on the paladin really, and what kind of chatacter youre playing/what god you serve
>>
>>45006369
>"Let's kill the Rogue."
>>
>>45009121
The one-step thing only applies to Clerics, anyway. There's actually nothing in the rules about what gods the Paladin can follow, only that he himself must be Lawful Good.
>>
>>45006291
>first time playing Pathfinder with friends
>roll up a Human Fighter
>neutral good
>buy a fuckhuge greatsword and half plate
>part of a mercenary band
>band was slaughtered on their last campaign
>fighting some beast out in the sand dunes to the west
>lone survivor
>traveling back
>finds metal arm sticking out of the ground
>old long buried android (another party member)
>now I have no idea where to take the character

I realized I'm basically playing a kind of bland "not Guts" albeit a bit nicer.

Having trouble where to take him for characterization purposes, any ideas?
>>
>>45009185
As far as I'm concerned, both the Paladin who executes evil prisoners and the Paladin who insists on sparing them could be viable, or even be the same damn person in different situations. Trying to make arbitrary rules that apply to every situation is the reason so many people believe the Paladin must be either Stupid Good or Lawful Stupid at all times. Use your own damn brain.
>>
>>45009375
I never said that I play according to Gygax definitions. I just mentioned how he saw LG.
Basically my point was to show that different people will always have varying opinions on what is Lawful and what is Good.
>>
>>45009358
Take him to a dwarven stronghold or city to repair the android idk that or tell your DM to get off his ass and provide a hook for you
>>
>>45009185
Gygax was also of the opinion that orc babies should be killed because "Nits make lice"
>>
>>45009476
Thats in the same rant actually.

http://hackslashmaster.blogspot.de/2013/06/on-alignment-by-gygax.html
>>
>>45009415
Sounds like fun.

I also need to get our DM some reference materials on the monster that slaughtered our party so my character can get his inevitable, Monster Hunter style revenge.
>>
File: Bulette_-_Todd_Lockwood.jpg (33KB, 400x235px) Image search: [Google]
Bulette_-_Todd_Lockwood.jpg
33KB, 400x235px
So, I wanted to shrink down a Bulette to mastiff size for a CR3~ guard dog for a dwarven mining operation.

Looking at AC20, HP 3d10+10, 15/19/14/2/13/6, BAB +5. Bite +8 (1d8+3), 2 claws +7 (1d6+2) That sound about right for CR3?
>>
>>45009501
>Monster Hunter style revenge.
i like the sound of that
>>
>>45008972
>poisoning an enemy
>pathfinder
>anything other than a waste of both time and money that isn't likely to even work on most people

No one uses poison in Pathfinder because poison is shit, barring unchained poisons.
>>
>>45009283
>And there's nothing at all non-good or non-lawful about legitimate contract which includes being paid to fulfill it.
You assume that the contract is already there and that the paladin didn't choose to sign it in preference over other, less lucrative options. So in that sense you're begging the question.

>they're soldiers for the forces of Law and Good. They ARE the judge, the jury and the executioner
So you know nothing about how soldiers are actually expected to behave and what constitute a war crime. Good to know.
>>
/pfg/, I have a bit of a problem. You see, my group is composed entirely of casters (wizard, 2 sorcs and a bard.) I myself am a dawnflower dervish bard and I feel we are too squishy. So my question is this: What class should I roll up to add some martial strength to my party?
>>
>>45010130
Roll an Occultist Arcanist.
>>
>>45010130
Barbarian or cavalier
>>
>>45009476
To be fair, that is definitely how people even in the softest D&D world would think about the issue. I mean, they're based on cultures that were totally fine with wiping out other humans, humans with no more or less inherent disposition toward evil than themselves, and orcs legitimately are more disposed toward evil than humans, so people would be even more in favor of exterminating them. Only a tiny minority of paladins and philosophers could see beyond the very real and personal danger of being killed by orcs to consider the abstract philosophical issues involved.
>>
>>45010130
Druid or Summoner.
>>
>>45010128
>You assume that the contract is already there and that the paladin didn't choose to sign it in preference over other, less lucrative options. So in that sense you're begging the question.
The lucrativeness of the contract is completely irrelevant. The important thing isn't how much money the paladin makes, it's how he spends it. Making money is, in no way or form, evil, it's how you earn that money and what you spend it on that's important.

>So you know nothing about how soldiers are actually expected to behave and what constitute a war crime. Good to know.
"War crime" as the modern definition goes is irrelevant to a pseudo-medieval setting.
>>
>>45010215
>Making money is, in no way or form, evil, it's how you earn that money and what you spend it on that's important.

That's what all greedy people tell themselves. Taking a job to help the wealthy and using the pay to help the poor is a line of reasoning that a paladin is not allowed to follow. It's the same consequentialist thinking that leads to killing orc babies and the like.
>>
>>45010295
Is being wealthy evil? Because unless it is, taking jobs from wealthy people is not evil, and doesn't violate a paladin's code.
>>
DSP guys and the rest of /pfg/ I have a question about the shared veil feat. Can I change the veil I decide to share with my familiar?
>>
>>45010295
Taking a job to do good for money is no different than taking a job to do good for nothing, especially if you then proceed to spend that money to do good. Like I said, whether the job is lucrative or not is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. If a Paladin only takes lucrative jobs and spends most of that money for what benefits himself the most? THEN we have a problem. Not before.
>>
>>45010344
I mean, Jesus thought it was, if you're into that sort of thing. A lot of other religions with ascetic traditions believe that wealth is more evil than poverty.
>>
>>45010466
I think the problem is being excessively wealthy, not just wealthy in general.
>>
>>45010509
And what defines excess? Having more than someone else. And some people have nothing. Ergo, having any amount is evil.
>>
>>45010509
Jesus literally said to give away everything. He was pretty fucking explicit that having wealth at all keeps you out of heaven.
>>
>>45010540
>>45010572

Well, can't argue with that.
>>
/pfg/ which race makes for the specialest of special snowflakes?
>>
I plan on running a campaign that takes place during the afterlife. What's some decent plots that can be made with the PCs being freshly dead souls? So far my plan is them being judged by Pharasma, sent along the river of souls, then getting attacked by daemons. The players escape, and they can do planar stuff. Is there anywhere I can go with the setting that can be interesting?
>>
>>45010540
What defines wealth? After all, some count friends and family as a form of wealth. Some count their own lives as a form of wealth.

Taken to the extreme, would this not necessitate extinction?

Daemons izzat you?
>>
>Having any amount of money as a Paladin is evil

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo---paladin-archetypes/oathbound-paladin/oath-of-charity

Giving away about 20% of your wealth is enough to give you a mechanical benefit, so that's just bullshit
>>
>>45010466
Excess breeds complacency and greed. The mind and body are tempered by struggle, and the soul by discipline. Paladins, however, are not ascetics; they are paragons of goodness and justice, both of which require neither empty pockets nor empty stomachs to exist.

>>45010662
Changelings, Aasimar, or Tieflings. I like Tieflings regardless though, since they are still interest regardless of them being snowflake-bait.
>>
>>45010103
Unchained poisons are more shit. Instead of dealing ability score damage/drain, they deal normal HP damage and only a tiny amount of it for that matter.
>>
>>45010196

Reminds me of the time my DM threatened to make me fall when my Paladin wanted to kill the goblin babies we found in a cage after destroying their town.

The main argument was something to the effect of, "they aren't hurting you right now" and "surely someone will adopt them???"
>>
>>45010572
>He was pretty fucking explicit that having wealth at all keeps you out of heaven.

I'm inclined to believe the verses you're referring to talk about the wealthy who just "sit" on their wealth when it could be used for helping others.

Jesus wasn't big on usury, which necessitates sitting on your wealth.
>>
>>45010662
>>45010725
This, or kitsune.
>>
>>45010866
No, he really does say that you have to give away everything, and that a wealthy man isn't getting in.
>>
File: tumblr_mgmy2oWHCH1s3tm36o1_1280.jpg (280KB, 1280x646px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgmy2oWHCH1s3tm36o1_1280.jpg
280KB, 1280x646px
so, /pfg/... i never used any 3pp, and wanna take a look at them. What's a good one to begin with? Path of War is ok?
>>
>>45010965
What level do you play at? It's a little ruinous at lower levels.
>>
>>45010965
Path of War and Psionics Unleashed from Dreamscarred Press are pretty much /pfg/'s usual go-to for 3pp, because DSP are awesome and actually know how to design shit.

Spheres of Power is also sometimes mentioned as a way of playing less blatantly-overpowered fullcasters, but it's not in as high regard as PoW/Psionics above.

DSP's stuff is also on the SRD for perusal.
>>
>>45010965
What problem is it that you want to solve through the use of 3pp? Or is there anything particular? Path of War (and DSP in general) is one of the higher quality 3rd party books for Pathfinder, at least.
>>
>>45010965
DSP's psionics material is solid and built off of D&D 3.5's best-designed 1pp material. Hard to go wrong there.
>>
>>45011048
XPH was good, but ToB was better. XPH did have the soulknife and wilder.

Luckily, DSP's brought both of those to Pathfinder, and has done some to help the soulknife and wilder out (though I still feel there is absolutely no reason to play a wilder over a psion with Overchannel).
>>
How does one best make the very model of a modern Major-General?
>>
>>45011091
IMO wilders are more meant to stand in mid-range and soften enemies up with spammed powers--their Powers Known are teeny-tiny, starting with like 1 and capping around 11-12. But they have a psion's power point pool.

Spam a blasting power, with your wild surge, then wade in with Surging Euphoria active and go to town with a big melee weapon.
>>
>>45011091
ToB > PoW while Psionics Unleashed > XPH
>>
>>45011149
But I like the mystic, warder and harbinger.
>>
>>45011149
Yeah, I'll buy that. The claim was that XPH was "D&D 3.5's best-designed 1pp material," which it wasn't cuz of ToB (but definitely a close second, only hampered by the soulknife and wilder).
>>
Making a swashbuckler using some guides I found online. All of them tell me to take slashing grace as my first feat. However, slashing grace seems to require weapon focus first. Are these online guides confused?
>>
>>45011189
PoW has too much damage bonuses to full attacks. Besides, Mystic and Harbinger aren't even in PoW, they're PoW:E
>>
>>45006586
Don't forget probably Ratfolk too.
>>
>>45011009
it doesn't help that Spheres has some of the finest art a quadriplegic retarded puppy has ever pissed onto the newspaper.
>>
>>45011215
There are a couple of ways to do that, if you're set on it. Go with human as your race, and take WF as your human bonus feat; or take the Inspired Blade archetype, which locks you into one weapon (rapier) but gives you WF (rapier) as a bonus feat.
>>
>>45011091
>>45011202
Wilder isn't any worse-designed than even a single core class was in 3.5 save for splatbook-supported Bard. Wilder had better BAB and HD and PP efficiency than a Psion, making it not totally outclassed, and slightly better if you happened to focus on powers that used attack rolls. Psion is better overall still but Wilder did have a niche where they could coexist.

It also wasn't significantly worse-off as a regular caster if your games made use of Psychic Reformation much.
>>
File: tactical_archer_by_niw-d7ano6k.jpg (338KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
tactical_archer_by_niw-d7ano6k.jpg
338KB, 600x800px
Is there a way to get Gravity Bow at the 1st level, not counting Hunter class? And, probably, some good archery spells later.
Wizard\Sorc\Arcanist are out too, since I want a magical archer, not a fullcaster.
>>
>>45011428
That's just entirely false.

- Bard was an excellent class in 3.5, particularly with splatbooks.
- Wilder BAB and HD are meaningless anyway; touch attacks are almost guaranteed and wilders still have no reason to make regular attacks.
- Wilders only improve on Psion's PP efficiency if they use Wild Surge, which is nigh-suicidal (and even if it doesn't get you killed, burns PP and eliminates that efficiency).
- Wilder is still much worse off even with Psychic Reformation because it still couldn't choose from any of the psion discipline lists.
>>
>>45011319
I'm not totally set on it, but I might go that route.

Is there a feat that lets me swap my strength modifier for my dex modifier in the case of CMB? That will help me make my decision.
>>
>>45011479
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/agile-maneuvers-combat
>>
>>45011479
Agile Maneuvers, or just regular Weapon Finesse provided you can use your weapon to perform the maneuver.
>>
>>45011444
It just sounds like you want to play a Hunter.
>>
>>45011428
>3.5 bard
>badly designed

Uh...
>>
>>45011444
Closest I can think of is Magus at level 3 with the arcana for learning a wizard spell, sorry.
>>
>>45011536
I hate animal companions, and do not want to turn into a furry-wanna-be with a single archetype, that drops animal companion (afaik)
>>
>>45011475
>>45011559
Bard was great with splatbooks and that's exactly what I unambiguously communicated there. Read more. Go to the library sometime, maybe.
>>
>>45011559
>>45011475
I read it as the 3.5 bard, especially with splat support, being a well designed class.
>>
File: 021.png (1MB, 2027x1400px) Image search: [Google]
021.png
1MB, 2027x1400px
>>45011579
Thank you anyway. There is also samsaran's "past life", but I'd like to see if I can, maybe, avoid that race
>>
>>45011625
On rereading, yes, that is what you said, but your language choices were exceedingly poor even if technically "unambiguous." The fact that two independent readers misread it suggests the problem is with you.

And even without splatbooks, the bard was doing pretty well. Better than the wilder, which literally served no purpose at all and its entire schtick was replaced by a single feat that a psion could have as a bonus feat. Hell, even the barbarian was better than that.

Moreover, it was a meaningless statement, because the 3.5 PHB was complete shit. We weren't comparing XPH to that, we were comparing it to ToB.
>>
So I'm going to PFS scenario tonight and i was told to bring a level 1 character just in case. Does /tg/ pfg have any suggestions?
>>
>>45011713
I don't know what PFS is. I've had it described to me and it didn't make any fucking sense and shouldn't be able to work.
>>
>>45011634

How close is Thorfinn to Constantinople, now?
>>
>>45010540
>>45010572
The Parable of the Talents shows that Jesus wasn't against money, but he was against the idea of hoarding wealth for no purpose.

“His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

“‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
>>
Rolled 26 (1d28)

>>45011713
You should play what dice it saying you to play!

Let it be:

[01] - Alchemist \\ OR \\ [08] - Cleric \\ OR \\ [15] - Magus \\ OR \\ [22] - Skald
[02] - Arcanist \\ OR \\ [09] - Druid \\ OR \\ [16] - Monk \\ OR \\ [23] - Slayer
[03] - Barbarian \\ OR \\ [10] - Fighter \\ OR \\ [17] - Oracle \\ OR \\ [24] - Sorcerer
[04] - Bard \\ OR \\ [11] - Gunslinger \\ OR \\ [18] - Paladin \\ OR \\ [25] - Summoner
[05] - Bloodrager \\ OR \\ [12] - Hunter \\ OR \\ [19] - Ranger \\ OR \\ [26] - Swashbuckler
[06] - Brawler \\ OR \\ [13] - Inquisitor \\ OR \\ [20] - Rogue \\ OR \\ [27] - Warpriest
[07] - Cavalier \\ OR \\ [14] - Investigator \\ OR \\ [21] - Shaman \\ OR \\ [28] - Wizard
>>
>>45011773
Yeah, that totally wasn't the only one I was referring to. He talks about wealth a lot in there. None of it is positive, or even neutral. He was really opposed to it.
>>
>>45011825
>>45011713
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>45011825
>rolled 26

There's a glut of swashbucklers in these threads recently...
>>
>>45011758
Not much, he left Bergen in the recent chapter

>>45011825
It's Swashbuckler. Clearly, dice hates that anon
>>
File: 1439084329519.jpg (37KB, 471x350px) Image search: [Google]
1439084329519.jpg
37KB, 471x350px
>>45011825
>>
>>45011852
Nah PFS people are shit at Pathfinder. He will do well even as Swashbuckler.
>>
>>45011735
Strict pathfinder rules with only paizo books. Officially sanctioned DMs run scenarios of their choosing and upload the player's number and character that completed the scenario to paizo site in case someone calls BS on a character level. All of this combines to enable someone to play pathfinder wherever they can find a shop/bar/whatever hosting PFS games.

At least, that's how i understand it.
>>
>>45011870
Throwing weapon swashbucklers are fucking amazing now with star toss style.
>>
>>45011904
I mean their damage of course. Not anything else.
>>
>>45011850
The Parable is about what we do with the gifts God gives us, whether it's money or talent or anything. Using the money to do good and give a return to the master was regarded as a blessing and they were rewarded even more. The servant who hoarded his wealth for himself, and in essence selfishly kept it from the rest of the world, was punished.

The wealthy servant was promoted and the poor one was punished. It's about what you do with what you are given, not how much of it you have.

Wealth is not evil, but a gift from God to do good with (Matthew 25:14-30), those who have been blessed with wealth must share generously with the poor (Matthew 25:31-46).

Those of us who are blessed with wealth beyond our need have a responsibility to share generously with the less fortunate. We should view our wealth as a gift from God, entrusted to us, to carry out His work on earth.

(If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?) (NIV, 1 John 3:17)

Wealth is not evil, but a tool God gives us. A person who has a eloquent speech but uses it to spread anger and hate is just as guilty as a man who has much but hoards it for no purpose.

I imagine this is what a Paladin of Abadar goes by, wealth not as an end but a means to spread the forces of Good and Law.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d28)

>>45011713
>>45011825
I am the anon in question. How about I roll. It's been forever since i rolled on /tg/, i bet i have luck saved up.
>>
File: mimura_EyeOfFlameBeholder.jpg (66KB, 351x450px) Image search: [Google]
mimura_EyeOfFlameBeholder.jpg
66KB, 351x450px
you are hanging at the inn and this guy comes up and slaps your girlfriends ass. what do you do?
>>
>>45011890
But what benefit does that achieve at all? Irreconcilable party gaps aren't fun, so they'll have to set a bar for entry, and then nothing was actually gained above those DMs instead running ordinary Pathfinder games and players bringing characters of their choosing. The only unique thing that happens is recording into a database with no meaning or bearing on any games.
>>
>>45011983
Tell him WoTC will sue him if he ever appears in PF again.
>>
>>45011983
He has no hands, how does he slap her ass?
>Beholder awkwardly bumps into her rear end, eye-first.
>>
http://zenithgames.blogspot.com/2014/01/crit-fiend-fighter-build.html

I kinda wanna try this build for a campaign if my one character dies, mostly because I feel I'm too dumb to play a non-core class effectively -- I'm only a few months into Pathfinder. Are there any tips /pfg/ can add on to this so I'm a little more effective? I remember there being a lot of talk of how shitty the fighter is in the last few threads.
>>
>>45011983
I'll think that I'm clearly under an enchantment - while beholder in the inn is believable, I can't possibly have a girlfriend.
>>
>>45011983
I laugh with joy at seeing a beholder that has not put out his central eye.
>>
>>45011973
Congrats, Inquisitor is quite good.

Now find a god and prepare to purge some heretics!
>>
>>45011973
>inquisitor
Well I hope you own a copy of the APG because you're not playing without it.
>>
>>45011758
Just finished the volume's worth of chapters where scarface there wanted to murder him.
>>
>>45012060
Oh right you need to actually have a physical copy of the books you use.
>>
>>45012089
Wait what? Why would they enforce pay-to-win for no reason like that?
>>
>>45012089
Or a PDF with your name on it, so at least that's a cheaper option.

>>45012111
>pfs
How new are you?
>>
>>45012089
or PDFs

>>45012111
Money
>>
>>45012111
Because Paizo uses PFS to sell their stuff. See their material is OGL, somehow they have to make money.

>>45012132
>>45012143
Right PDF works too.
>>
>>45012060
Indeed I do. Now i just have to choose a god...Would an inquisitor of Calistria go after people for having sex in the missionary position for the purposes of procreation?
>>
>>45012244
If you want to get banned from PFS, yes.
They hate fun.
>>
>>45012244

No, she'd go after people who think "talking it over" is the best way to settle a slight.
>>
>>45011964
Yeaaaah, I'm not going to start arguing with this prosperity gospel shit. I don't even believe any of this shit, but I have a problem with people who claim to believe but don't even read the fucking thing.
>>
>>45012244
>>45012323

>An inquisition against the insufficiently lewd

I can dig it.
>>
>>45012143
>>45012174
Do Paizo actually pay them to run their games though?
>>
>>45012393
The PFS DMs? No, I think they do it for free.
>>
>>45012244
Refluff Inquisitor entirely as a monster hunter, it's what all of their god damned class features are for.
>>
>>45012393
Nope.
>>
>>45012421
So what compels them to follow regulations whose only purpose is someone else getting money?
>>
>>45012430
>inquisitor of the sex goddess, why do you have such extensive knowledge of monsters?
>>
>>45012444
Fuck if I know. I think they get some kind of benefit, like free stuff from Paizo. Don't quote me on that though.
>>
>>45012308
>provides verses supporting views
>doesn't even read the fucking thing
This isn't fucking prosperity gospel, you twat. I'm not asking anyone to send me money. I'm saying that if you're blessed enough to be rich you should use it for people's good as well as your own.
>I don't even believe any of this shit
I thought you were someone who was misinterpreting verses out of context, but it just turns out you're an armchair theologian who likes to pretend Jesus was some commie to fit your own views.

Go back to your envy rally, peasant. The Prophecies of Kalistrade have no need for you.
>>
File: 449f85.jpg (136KB, 640x583px) Image search: [Google]
449f85.jpg
136KB, 640x583px
>>45012458
>>
>>45011983
Start a threesome with the beholder and kobold girlfriend.
>>
File: 1448384574364.png (713KB, 1000x619px) Image search: [Google]
1448384574364.png
713KB, 1000x619px
So, /pfg/, what is your opinion on having multiples of the same class in a party? What are some good classes that aren't just 9th level casters to double up on? Why is Alchemist one of the best classes for doubling up? What would a good Alchemist build to pair up with a Promethean/Preservationist alchemist, besides just the vanilla alch?
>>
>>45012521
Wealth in this world is not a sign of virtue. It is not a sign that god has blessed you. And believing that it is not only a stunning perversion of what's actually in the Bible, it's also incredibly and virulently deleterious to our society on earth, for nonbelievers as well as believers. It apologizes for the marginalization of the poor and it exalts the accumulation of wealth as the accumulation of virtue, allowing and in fact demanding that the wealthy control society and our leadership on the basis that their wealth is a sign of god's favor.

I live in a very wealthy country which has a fanatically-Christian segment of the population, who are not only wealthy but also extremely covetous and possessive of that wealth. That is a philosophy wholly incompatible with the Bible, yet "Christian" leaders push it literally every single day, and the party of the rich-who-want-to-be-richer is somehow, impossibly, the party of the devout Christian.

So yes, I will absolutely call Christians on their shit. Do I think wealth is evil? No; I don't believe any of it. Do I think Jesus thought wealth was evil? Per se, perhaps not, but he sure as fuck was pretty negative about people's relationships with wealth. But that is a very inconvenient stance for the wealthy Christians of my country, one they prefer to hide, twist, or ignore. Sure, extreme cases are the televangelists who somehow justify grifting the vulnerable and desperate, but I don't think that "prosperity gospel" as a term describes only that extreme.

Cuz the first communes were the early Christian church. The original interpretations of the Bible all agreed that the faithful should share their possessions freely with one another, and never hold it for themselves separate from the rest. I'm not a communist myself, and while Jesus wouldn't quite be either, he's a lot closer than I am.
>>
I need help tg.

I need to build an army out of nothing in my secluded demiplane.

I play a level 20 Arcanist with mythic rank 6

I have access to every first party spell in d20pfsrd and about 100k gp wealth which can be used for crafting.
>>
>>45012831
Blood Money, Fabricate, Golems up the arse.
>>
>>45012831
Simulacrum, Blood Money, Fabricate, etc.
>>
>>45012716
Half-Elf Visionary Researcher/Bramble Brewer. Promethean trades out too much, so having a buff buddy to grant extra defenses and stats to the Alchemist and his Homunculus would be great, not to mention fast healing while in bright light. Plus Bramble Brewer can create difficult terrain at will, which is pretty handy when your Homunculus can fly.

Beastmorph/Vivisectionist is also pretty handy for obvious reasons, and Toxicant or Eldritch Poisoner can do some pretty nifty things with debuffs and ability score damage at high DCs. Also Blazing Torchbearer for the ability to no-save blind everything within 10 feet including itself.
>>
>>45012864

I was thinking about Blood Money'ed Simulacrums. Is fabricate compatible with Blood Money?
>>
Sell me on an Empyreal Lord, /pfg/, I'm sick and tired of choosing Erastil as a deity.
>>
Does anyone have experience playing veilweaving classes?
What do you think of them?
>>
>>45012897
It is, yes.

The material to be shaped by Fabricate is the material component, so Blood Money combined with it just makes shit directly out of your blood.
>>
File: 1449171377254.png (1MB, 913x1244px) Image search: [Google]
1449171377254.png
1MB, 913x1244px
>>45012907
They look like this
>>
>>45006291
Top taste OP, gwendolyn is great.
>>
>>45012928

That's an Emypyreal ANGEL, iirc. That's a different thing.
>>
>>45012966
Okay but the bottom line is they are all really cool looking
>>
>>45012926

Wow. That is awesome.

Do you guys have anything in mind for simulacruming? I was thinking about dragon riding solars because whythefucknot? But not really sure about it.
>>
>>45012907

Isn't there a fertility Empyreal Lord and a Stag Lord?

What's stopping someone from worshiping multiple deities, or forming a pantheon of deities under one umbrella (such as all the nature-oriented Empyreal Lords?)
>>
>>45012990
You can basically make simulacri of anything with stats. Go massproduce some demon lords.
>>
>>45012966
Aren't those even better than Empyreal Lords, though?
>>
So I'm running Dragon's Demand within my campaign (though an abbreviated version), and...god damn, this book is just showering wealth on the players all day. Not only that, but they're now going to be carrying around multiple spellbooks of a high-level wizard.

I've done a lot to cut down the wealth, because I'm just not comfortable with players looting multiple thousands of gold in magic items and expensive shit at level 2.
>>
>>45012738
I'm waiting for you to post some scripture quotes to back up your statements.

And your anecdotal evidence doesn't reflect what the Bible intended or Jesus' teachings actually provided.

>It is not a sign that god has blessed you.

>The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, without painful toil for it. Proverbs 10:22
>The Lord has blessed my master abundantly, and he has become wealthy. He has given him sheep and cattle, silver and gold, male and female servants, and camels and donkeys. Genesis 24:35
>But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today. Deuteronomy 8:18
>The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity--in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground--in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you. Deuteronomy 28:11

HAIL THE PROPHECIES OF KALISTRADE!
DRUMA, THE PROMISED LAND OF PLENTY!
>>
>>45013056
>>>45012990(You)

After all shenanigans I pulled, I believe this will be last straw and my DM will never let me play another spellcaster (which I am ok because I wanted to play a martial initiator at the beginning anyways). Army of demon lords sounds awesome though. And we are almost at the end of the campaign and he might just roll with it. Thanks anon for this idea
>>
>>45011585
Run a pre-errata feral hunter and make your first move to kill off your furry friend.
>>
>>45013155

So what you're telling me Is Druma's based on Jews?
>>
>>45013224
Make at least one simulacrum of Nocticula for the stat bonus.
>>
>>45011585

>he doesn't want soft fur made for petting
>>
>>45013258

>sticking your dick in snow
>>
>>45013254
I always thought they were Scientology to be honest.
>>
>>45013254
That's entirely possible.

The priests of the Hebrews used to wear a ceremonial breastplate studded with precious gems for their ceremonies.
>Auspicious DIsplay

>>45013308
That would be more fitting in Numeria, because worshiping eyyyyy lmao.
>>
>>45013155
Already told you I'm too lazy/this isn't important enough to me for me to do that. That's a fine reason to stop this discussion which I'm sure everyone else would love to see fucking stop anyway.

Anyway, should we continue anyway, not really sure what
>And your anecdotal evidence doesn't reflect what the Bible intended or Jesus' teachings actually provided.
is saying. But if you're saying that the stuff happening in real life, right now, and the way people use the Bible, is not what Jesus intended, well no fucking duh. That was my beef to begin with. If that's not what you meant, I'd need clarification.

As for Old Testament quotes, yawn. I confined all of my statements to Christ and Christians. Jesus said stuff like it being harder to get a camel through the eye of a needle than a wealthy man getting into heaven (and don't fucking start with that "the Eye of the Needle is a narrow pass in Jerusalem" bullshit; that section of the city was built centuries after Jesus—he meant an actual fucking sewing needle), told a rich man to give away literally everything or he wasn't getting in, etc. etc.
>>
>>45011989
PFS scenarios are designed to be really player friendly, so even with party gaps you'll probably do alright. It's an alright system if you don't have a good gaming group and are looking for some pick-up PF, but all in all it's just a money-making venture for Paizo (since you need to own the books for anything you want to use, so if you want even one feat out of the weaponmaster's handbook you've got to own it).
>>
How do I overcome DR /cold iron and DR /good when I don't use/have either an aligned weapon or one made of special materials?
>>
>>45013254
Nah, it's really just Switzerland taken up to 11, complete with the Swiss Guard (Mercenary League). They aren't religious, they just aspire to go full Illuminati and own the world, figuring that they can just buy any number of sources of immortality at that point.

I kinda want to run a Kalistocrat through Iron Gods, come to Numeria solely to corner the market on overpriced technology, and viewing Casandalee as the perfect waifu since there's no temptation to get physical.
>>
>>45013155
>Christianity
>Old Testament

Choose one.
>>
>>45013457
Hit harder.
>>
>>45012019
> Are there any tips /pfg/ can add on to this so I'm a little more effective?
Run it as a Str-based Slayer instead.
>>
File: 1449736853071.jpg (158KB, 958x784px) Image search: [Google]
1449736853071.jpg
158KB, 958x784px
>>45013362
>>
>>45013493
Sadly the PrC sucks balls. Shitty 4th level casting with only enchantment and divination as schools.
>>
Are there any good pathfinder let's plays on youtube?
>>
>>45012444
Nerds fucking love being in charge of other nerds.
>>
>>45013457

+3 bypasses DR/Alignment.
+5 bypasses everything but DR/-

And there are some spells like align weapon which can help. I am sure there was an material equivalent version of this spell but I cannot remember its name.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/align-weapon
>>
>>45013457
>>45013582

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/v/versatile-weapon

I remembered it anon. It does not cover adamantine though
>>
>>45013582
I'm going to be playing a kineticist and the game is full of demons. I don't have any +n weapons.

>>45013495
This is my current solution, but I'm looking for a better one.
>>
File: 1326064917396.png (602KB, 644x850px) Image search: [Google]
1326064917396.png
602KB, 644x850px
How would you make a character that has a raktavarna rakshasa, a spirit oni, a movanic deva, and whatever other familiars I'm forgetting that can resemble objects?
>>
>>45013625
>Kineticist
Well you are fucked.
>>
>>45013635
Sorry, cassissian, not movanic. I was looking at the wrong one.
>>
>>45013625
... A kineticist fix or a kineticist?
>>
File: hahahahaha wow.gif (967KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
hahahahaha wow.gif
967KB, 245x180px
>>45013625
>Kineticist

Just kill yourself now.
>>
>>45013646
That...sounds less than promising for me.
>>
File: 395px-Prophet_of_Kalistrade.jpg (31KB, 395x599px) Image search: [Google]
395px-Prophet_of_Kalistrade.jpg
31KB, 395x599px
>>45013394
>Old Testament quotes, yawn. I confined all of my statements to Christ and Christians.
>"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. Mathew 5:17

>Jesus said stuff like it being harder to get a camel through the eye of a needle than a wealthy man getting into heaven
>And Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How difficult it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!” 24 And the disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how difficult it is to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” 26 And they were exceedingly astonished, and said to him, “Then who can be saved?” 27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.” Mark 11:23-27 ESV

That saying is about three things; that you cannot take wealth with you when you die, that you can't buy your way into Heaven, which is what the young man who brought the saying about was going for and that only the work of god, not man, can gain you admission to Heaven.
>Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
Jesus was telling him that to be one of his disciples, he would have to let go of all earthly things. That doesn't mean wealth itself is evil, but that it, like anything, can interfere with one's connection to God. It was a specific command, not a blanket statement on everyone in the world.

Again, you're not really backing your statement up with anything but pop culture theology.

>>45013493
I've been wanting to play a Paladin of Abadar that follows the Philosophy or play one in Mummy's Mask and get into the Osirion artifact trade between there and Taldor.
>>
>>45013635
Why is she wearing a dragon?
>>
>>45013625
>kineticist in a demon campaign
I... really hope you went void?
>>
File: 1423630517896.jpg (188KB, 932x857px) Image search: [Google]
1423630517896.jpg
188KB, 932x857px
>>45013702
Why not?
>>
>>45013695
Kineticist is the worst class in the game. Is out performed by the Warrior, an NPC class.
>>
>>45013511
I actually made a Slayer for this campaign. And went with the Pureblade archetype at the behest of the GM because he said it'd be super effective for Iron Gods. Thus far I haven't don't much with it and I'm pretty certain I'm gonna die next sesh.
>>
>>45013685
Just what's on the SRD.

>>45013689
The class sounded fun.
>>
>>45013702
Easiest way to get scaled armor without any crafting involved.
>>
>>45013731
Why do you expect that the fighter will be better?

I mean, jesus christ man, why do you keep doing this to yourself?
>>
>>45013732
You poor fool.

(Kineticist can be functional if heavily optimized, but it's difficult to do so, full of trap options, and will never be able to truly perform the role it was billed is [blaster]).

DSP's version is good (but not really a Kineticist), and there's lots of homebrew fixes, but the 1pp one is near-worthless. Air or Earth, if you do decide to go for it.
>>
>>45013767
I'm new to the game and have no clue how to play. I'm also fairly certain I'm a drag on the party, all things considered. We got party wiped twice because I fucked up.
>>
>>45013732
The problem with Kineticist is that,

a) it's really bad at damage dealing. People have done analyses on this board where it comes out behind a plain Warrior archer

and

b) all its non-damage stuff is gimped by the Burn mechanic, and by most of the powers being yawnworthy compared to even 3.5 warlock.

If your DM allows Dreamscarred Press material (and he should), take a look at:
http://dreamscarred.com/product/path-of-war-expanded-mystic/

It works way better than the Kineticist, and fits the same thematic role when you use the aurora soul archetype.
>>
File: 1310597780463.jpg (245KB, 648x944px) Image search: [Google]
1310597780463.jpg
245KB, 648x944px
>tfw need to play a tier 1 class because all the other group members except the cleric are hardcore min/maxers that spend hours reading over the most broken builds possible
>>
>>45013697
Yeah, this is where I'm going to have to just back out. My responses to you rely too heavily on treating the gospel as, well, not gospel but human-written and human-motivated literature.
>>
>>45011964
>When we give you your christmas bonus, buy stuff for us, or be punished

>If you already have money and serve us, you will be promoted. If you are poor and serve us, we will punish you because you deserve that for being poor

>Being rich is a gift from god, and you should share generously with the poor
Well actually that's a good one, but basically gets completely ignored by those in that position
>>
>>45013774
That's actually the crux of my issue. Air seems like it'll be a ball to play, but Earth has rare-metal infusion, which would allow me to bypass the cold iron DR. I just would rather do Air, hence my search for shenanigans.
>>
File: PZO8500-DeaganCallimedes.jpg (113KB, 551x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO8500-DeaganCallimedes.jpg
113KB, 551x1000px
>>45013538
Pretty sure even Paizo knows that, since they've never statted anyone to use it. The current High Prophet is pure oracle, and the Faction Guide lists bard, rogue, and wizard as the primaries for the faction.
>>
>>45013862
Earth gets Earth Glide, which is supreme for sequence-breaking. Air gets flight, which is necessary. Don't forget you can get a secondary element later on too.
>>
>>45013830
Play arcanist, take Potent Magic, Quick Study, and Familiar as your first three exploits, then take Improved Familiar to get an imp or the like with stealth/utility power. Max out Int, then get Cha high enough to take Eldritch Heritage and pick the Arcane Bloodline for metamagic and familiar shenanigans.

From there, you can use standard God Wizard strategy guides, but take advantage of hot-swapping prepared spells and dynamic metamagic use at every opportunity.
>>
>>45013722
Wait, if the tails hanging out behind her what's wrapped around her vulva... oh my.
>>
>>45013908
She's a dragon-girl, wearing a dragon. There are two tails involved.
>>
>>45006369
The potion is made from my ______
>>
>>45013908

The tail behind her is actually her tail, the dragon hanging onto her's tail is the one covering the goods.
>>
>>45013808
>Telekinesis at will
>Fire off any element, or bludgeoning/piercing at will
>Small extra bonuses depending on the element such as chance of stagger or deafness
>Learn to do shit like teleport without expending "daily resources", as part of your combat capabilities
>Enchant your elemental and physical blast abilities like they were a magic weapon, transforming them into holy exploding lines or long distance attacks or whatever the fuck you want
>Be wreathed in the elements, whether to fly or be resilient as a stone or self-immolate or whatever water does
>Numerous special techniques and abilities, usually limited at most by a per-encounter rate

What I just described is a Warsoul given Elemental Flux. And everything I just described can be done with a total of 2 blade skill, the understanding that the tech guns are firearms-group, and a few maneuvers.

You have a kineticist *and then some*... and you still have most of the class abilities to still pick out.
>>
>>45013918
>>45013939

WHY MUST YOU NERDS TRAMPLE ALL MY DRAGON DONG DREAMS?!?
>>
>>45013793
First off:

Don't let yourself get bullied by the others. I noticed this dynamic in one of my groups where a guy was just bullied for playing "wrong", when he was totally okay, if a bit slow. He just got billed as the noob, despite not doing anything too wrong (in fact, the other guys were worse).

Second: 3.PF basics is that casters rule, martials drool. Going from Slayer to Fighter won't fix shit, because they are essentially the same thing. If attacking with your weapon didn't work with the slayer, it sure as hell won't with a fighter.
>>
>>45013793

Well. Slayers are not that bad. We have an unarchtyped slayer in our party and he hits like truck and he can reliable do it. Critfishing works better with slayers too. However its almost all he can do aside from trapfinding and maybe some stealth stuff.

I like buffing him to demigod and unleasing upon my enemies though.

>>45013830
>tfw need to play a tier 1 class because all other group members decided to play incompetent stuff like rogue/shadowdancer and bard/arcane archer and you need to carry them.

Different mindset, same outcome ;_;

>>45013903
I second to this. If you want metamagic grab it via additional exploit feat and grab metamagic knowledge(desired metamagic). That way you can grab Greater Metamagic Knowledge easily. Dazing Spell is nice metamagic to utilize btw.
>>
File: Kalistrade.jpg (14KB, 250x212px) Image search: [Google]
Kalistrade.jpg
14KB, 250x212px
>>45013850
The parable is about three servants who work for a wealthy man. He gives his most trusted man ten gold, his second man five and his last servant one to invest.

The first man invested it all wisely and doubled the money. The second held half of it for security and invested the rest and did well for himself.

The last hid his money because he was afraid he would lose it.

The master was very pleased with his first two servants, but angry with the last since he had wasted the chance he had given him. The money was taken from him and given to the first servant for his loyalty.

They weren't gifts, they were loans.

The first servant wasn't rewarded because he was already wealthy, but because he used his money widely and was able to pay his master back so they both prospered.

And the purpose of wealth, in a Biblical sense, is to not only provide for yourself and family, but to share that blessing with others.

>>45013837
Whatever you say.
If you're going to talk about the Bible but not take it seriously, you're just wasting your time. You start debating the Bible, don't cherry pick only the parts that fit into your philosophy to prop up your views.
>>
Is this new DSP book any good? I hope it is, but the whole 'monster as PC' trend has put out a lot of crap.

http://drivethrurpg.com/product/171599/Monster-Classes-Astral-Deva
>>
>>45013972
Nah, they're all cool as could be, I'm actually glad they've let me in and all. I just feel like I'm doing something wrong because in the last session, we had about 3 fights, and I only managed to make a hit once. Over the course of six hours or so. Just doesn't feel right. I've gone Pureblade Slayer, like I said, with my slayer talents going into the two-handed weapon fighting style for Rangers. Not sure what else to do after this.
>>
>>45007255
What's wrong with them? Or was it an OOtS reference? Because it's the enemy who should worry, not you.
>>
>>45014003
>You start debating the Bible, don't cherry pick only the parts that fit into your philosophy to prop up your views.
Physician, heal thyself.
>>
>>45014019
Share your character sheet. You might have some fuckup in there.
>>
>>45014012
I've heard it's not quite up to DSP's typical standards. I'd avoid.
>>
>>45013969
Cuz the dragon dong's inside her, you pleb.
>>
>>45014012

It's okay. Basically Savage Species with QoL buffs.
>>
>>45013969

Nobody's stopping you from playing a half-dragon girl, anon.

Or hell, a half-dragon guy.
>>
>>45014055
I'm not the one ignoring the first half of it.
And if there are verses that contradict what I'm saying with a proper translation, show me.
>>
>>45012897
>>45012926
I see some DMs suggesting that because the material shaped by Fabricate is the material component, and material components provided with Blood Money disappear if not consumed by a spell, that using Blood Money to Fabricate something means the item created disappears a shortly after.

But ultimately, that's just a way of fluffing the fact that they don't want people to be able to abuse Blood Money and Fabricate together. It's not unreasonable to not want your players to do that, I think. What I'm getting at is make sure you ask your DM before banking on the assumption it will work. If I did something like that without talking to the DM about it, I'm pretty sure he'd pull it out from under me.
>>
Which race comes with the best free weapons?
>>
My players want to be able to track down an artifact that they are about to give away. As in knowing where it is taken by the new owner. Is there a spell that can be cast for that? i haven't found anything suitable.
>>
>>45013625
>kineticist
Hoo boy. Okay so if you want to get past DR you have to survive to level 7 and select Earth as your main and expanded elements, or survive until level 9. At that point you can pick up Rare-Metal Infusion, which will let you bypass metal-based DR (but not alignment-based DR).

The other option is Fire (highly not recommended) and using Searing Infusion to reduce the Demon's innate Fire resistance down to 0. The problem there is that it doesn't work against things IMMUNE to fire (like most higher level demon lords) and will require you to go against SR.

So really you're SOL.
>>
>>45014119

Tengu is proficient in every type of sword, I think.
>>
>>45014079
senpai desu
>>
>>45014079

>tfw no dragon dong inside you
>>
>>45014107
Oh, you don't? Do you keep kosher, stone those who work on Sundays (or is it Saturdays?), and accept the sale of daughters into slavery? Cuz that's some fucked up shit, if you're not ignoring it.
>>
>>45014003
Here's the thing though.
Some of their behavior can easily be explained by how much he gave them.

The first was given ten gold. This is quite a sum of money, and there's safety in knowing he also still has his job, etc. Seeing his employer happily forks over such a sum, he can safely try to turn it into more money on the side. At worst he still has his job.

The second was given half as much. It's particularly telling if he knows how much the first was given, but even if he's not, his action was the wisest: He put away some just in case, and tried to turn what he felt he could safely lose into more money. He did not have the reckless confidence of one who's been trusted with a large amount of money with an implied assurance that there's probably more where that comes from.

The third was given what could very well be severance pay. One gold is not enough to change his lot in life, but it could keep him from going under if anything happened. He's only got one gold, and he chose to save it, because he doesn't have much and can't afford to take big risks. Much like many modern families cannot afford to play the stock market, they're KINDA busy trying to desperately make those double shifts at walmart cover the rent and food.

(also if they were loans, the last one was right to keep it until forced to give it back, because if anything happened he was gonna eat some serious shit for having wasted "all the money")

The first servant was rewarded for having a lot of money. It takes some to make some, and the more you have the easier it gets. He was given amply enough to do so. So he did. Then he was rewarded. It's practically a story talking about lobbying: "I'll give you a bunch of money and in exchange you make me richer"

The second was rewarded for more reasonable reasons; he was not given enough to just turn it all into big profit, but did manage to balance things well.

The third was punished for trying to save up the measly 10% he was given.
>>
>>45013862
>air
Demons are immune to electricity, so you're going to be stuck with physical blasts that will never be able to bypass anything besides DR/Bludgeoning and DR/Magic.

Honestly you might be better off taking Aether and taking it as your expanded element so you can get Force Blast.
>>
>>45014148
Yeah, I think Tengu take the cake

They get every sword. All of them. other races get specific weapons, or a racial group that's like two or three weapons, or make exotics count as martial...

Tengu just get all swords, even ones that come out after they were introduced.
>>
>>45014119
Elves get longbow proficiency no matter what, and longbow is the best weapon.

Melee-wise, dwarves can get the dwarven longhammer as martial and that's essentially the best weapon you can use for melee combat. If you play a class that doesn't grant martial proficiencies, Tengu with elven curve blade seem to be top dog in the free melee proficiencies market. Next down might be orcs/half-orcs, I don't know.
>>
>>45013493
I thought Casandalee WANTED to be downloaded into a body or something after the PCs help her?
>>
>>45014019

Two-Handed Weapon is one of the best fighting styles in PF. Were you using studied target? And what is your party composition? You don't launch a mundane melee without buffs. And tiny bits of to hit bonuses from spells, other buffs, flanking and feats matter to an extended when you are properly buffed you should hit 90% of the time to cr appropriate (or somewhat higher) encounter.

>>45014062
Yeah, post sheet please

>>45014112
Definitely anon. I was in the "created item disappears" camp. Blood Money is broken and still useful to me without fabricate cheese anyway.
>>
>>45014062
I'll just go with the basics since I'm not sure what else to put.

Level 5 Dhampir Pureblade Slayer
18/14/16/10/8/10 - 49 HP - +4 Init

For feats I took power attack, shield of swings, and cleave.

I'm using a greatsword and basically trying to play Clare from Claymore in terms of combat.
>>
>>45014325

>2d wants to become 3dpd

Reminder this book was written by Crystal.
>>
>>45014301
Fuck, I forgot that Half-Elves actually have a trait for any weapon they want, so they win.

Choose between longbow, longhammer or falcata. Best shooting, best reach, best muh deepeearr. Curveblade/Estoc/Falchion make corner cases for builds that gain some benefit for scoring a critical.
>>
>>45010130
Oracles are d8 and can wear heavy armor.
>>
>>45013582
Keep in mind though that DR penetrated by a specific damage type, like DR 5/Bludgeoning, are also never overcome by enhancement bonus. They can only be beaten by dealing damage of the right type.

Also, something important that I had overlooked until recently: Greater Magic Weapon can increase the enhancement bonus of your weapon temporarily but it does NOT allow you to overcome DR types that you couldn't previously.
>>
>>45014327
Hell yeah I was using studied target. Feels better to use it than to breathe -- particularly because Blood Reader's surprisingly fulfilling to use. We don't really have anyone that can buff us, outside of a bard. But his bonuses do compliment the slayer well, it's just that we never managed to make it work those three encounters.
>>
>>45013702
Best way for them to indulge their very niche "public anal sex while engaging in casual activities" kink.
>>
>>45014198
Those are all laws, LAWS, mind you, that were created for a desert dwelling tribal society.

I do not live in the desert, nor am I part of a tribal society.
>But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code. Romans 7:6

The moral code may remain but the laws of the Old Testament are gone under the new covenant. You are confusing what were societal laws among the early Hebrews and what were God's laws. The laws the Hebrews lived by no longer serve a purpose, now we live under a new law. This doesn't erase the moral applications, as Jesus had said he came to fulfill the law, not destroy it, but they have served their purpose.

Those things you mentioned were societal laws, not God's laws, rules created by the Jews to organize their own community.

>>45014205
You've got a better view of the story than most people do, anon.
The third servant hid his wealth under a rock and when he told his master what he had done, the master was angry because, at the very least, he could have put it into the bank and made a little interest for himself. Instead he hid his money (symbolically his gift or blessing from God) and hid it from the world when he could have done some good with it. The 'return' to the master is God's pleasure with us for helping others or doing good with the things he gives us, but the third servant did nothing with his and squandered his chance to do right.
To the person who is given much, much is to be expected, but we must all do our part, no matter how little, to make to world, and each other, a happier place.

>>45014325
I think it's just a happy accident. She learns that she can use the Divinity Core for herself after she gets downloaded to Silver Mount.

She doesn't get a body, she's a divine like any God, unlike Unity would would have become a divine death satellite in orbit above Golarion beaming mind control rays.
>>
File: pic_brainHat.jpg (16KB, 218x229px) Image search: [Google]
pic_brainHat.jpg
16KB, 218x229px
>>45014325
Dunno where you got that idea. She just wants Unity stopped; that's literally the only facet of her personality that's constant. It's nigh-impossible to not get the ascension ending, anyhow.
>>
>>45014384
Curveblade/Estoc/Falchion also become better than Falcata when too much of a 3x crit would be wasted as overkill beyond the 0 HP threshold.

Additionally, Lances do some shit.
>>
Hi /pfg/. My DM thinks that Path of War is overpowered, because one of us (being level 6) defeated 12 of his level 6 NPC fighters single-handedly, and refuses to read the whole book properly. So, what do?
>>
>>45013793
Tell us what specifically makes you think you're dead weight for the party. Are your damage numbers too low, are you having trouble getting to a position where you can full attack the enemy, do you keep getting downed? I mean, to some extent it doesn't matter, since every martial has to deal with those problems, but maybe we can at least give you some advice on how to better address them on your next character if you don't want to just go caster. I would suggest a gish if you like not feeling like a squishy mage, but I am biased because I love gishes.
>>
>>45014462
Get a DM who isn't such a lazy fuck he'll allow content without reading the material?

Seriously, I'm sure people will be mad about the other thing, but I'm rustled just by that implication.
>>
>>45014354
What is the rest of the party?
>>
>>45014462

>single level 6 PoW takes out 12 level 6 NPCs
>Does something other than say "holy shit that was COOL!"

Seriously, if a character had the opportunity to do that why would you get annoyed? That mental image just harkens back to swordsman in those old stories.
>>
>>45013881
How has no one posted the glorious Kalistrian ratfolk paladin yet?
>>
>>45014462
I'm curious how you won.
>>
>>45013960
>whatever water does

Stop being self-immolated, I would assume. Or drown a mofo.
>>
>>45014371
Don't forget the gargoyle which gets transformed from a ugly, brutish monster into a sleek and sexy fembot.
>>
>>45014462
It sounds like he's just shitty at making enemies,. What build was he using for them? Winning against even just 6 equal level NPCs who all use Power Attack every round should have been hard to impossible.
>>
File: 1442367809694.jpg (107KB, 715x859px) Image search: [Google]
1442367809694.jpg
107KB, 715x859px
>>45014506
>>
>>45014418
May I ask the reason for Pureblade archetype? Is this choice have a rp reason or are you playing an aberration heavy campaign.

If you are really struggling at hitting enemies do not use power attack. It shines with high attack modifiers. I am not sure about rest of the feats though. They seem at mediocre at best.

>>45014462
Make a tier 1 caster and crush his campaign. Fighter is not something you use for measuring.

>>45014517
Well, making an (un)educated guess. AC scales poorly, fighters suck balls. A nice disabling strike after one of the boosted primal wrath strikes can beat a npc fighter
>>
>>45014434
Actually, back then, weren't banks "give us money now, and we'll charge you a small fee to pull it out later"?

As I recall 'Interest' for those storing their money is a relatively new concept, and one that's generally overshadowed by the fees until you've got 7+digits in most accounts.

Hiding it under a rock means when you get it back, you have 1 gold.

Putting it in early banks (who then used this capital for moneylending but did not give you jack all for it) would have meant he'd get, say, 9 and a half silver for it instead later.

Insisting one puts it in a bank would effectively be saying "give some of this to <myfriend/backtome/myfamily/etc> or I will punish you" in this case.
>>
>>45014579
I want to brush him.

>>45014588
>Actually, back then, weren't banks "give us money now, and we'll charge you a small fee to pull it out later"?

Yes.
>>
>>45014486
I just now realized I can full attack, I'm an idiot -- anyway, it's mostly that I can't exactly take hits. My AC is 18 at best and my health is nothing special. A single hit and I'm unable to get back into the fray because Positive Energy hurts dhampirs instead of healing them, so I've been consistently unable to get healed (I didn't know this until I finalized the character). Mostly just feeling incompetent compared to the spellslinger of the party.

>>45014498
I'm level 6, I should note. Forgot to add that in my character sheet, it's fixed now. If I remember right, we have an Archivist Bard, a Spellslinger Wizard, and Brawler/Monk (I can't actually remember his class). The wizard also has a goo waifu who's my only source of healing since we're both undead of a sort.
>>
>>45014580
Mostly because the DM talked about it like it was cool, and admittedly for flavor it is, and it's sort of useful for Iron Gods from what I can tell. And as for the feats, this is my third character I've ever made (the first two both died early on each sesh we played for this campaign). I had no idea what to get for feats, so I took the DM's advice.
>>
>>45014569
I..
okay first off if he's pitting that against you, YOU NEED THE FUCKING "OVERPOWERED" STUFF HE'S COMPLAINING ABOUT.

Second: two power attacks from equal level NPCs every turn is extremely dangerous. On average if both hit you're gone, and at higher level "if both hit" now refers to any two of the like 6+ attacks directed at your person.

Now NPCs do have less resources (both stat/levels AND equipment) to work with, so they're probably more the glass cannon type...

But make no mistake: The GM is pissed because he wanted half of you dead before the wizard could get his area control spell off.

And I mean *dead*
>>
File: Buddha.jpg (55KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Buddha.jpg
55KB, 1360x768px
>>45014661
Sorry, I linked off yours, but we're both talking to the same person.

Have a Buddha
>>
>>45014495
Oh, he did read the material. Looks like he never bothered to read thoroughly all, maybe just a couple pages.

>>45014517
That wasn't me. That guy (not an epithet, just a reference) used-recovered-used some maneuver that allowed him to teleport and attack while being invisible.

>>45014569
Some kind of mounted archers.

Also, now he wants to try and rewrite the whole maneuver thing into Paizo's Combat Stamina system. I feel like it's an extremely shitty idea, but I'm at a loss for words, please help me elaborate why.
>>
>>45014588
Remember that this was a parable, not a literal story. Bank fees probably don't really apply in the larger context. The point is the servant who received one gold wasn't condemned for failing to reach some imaginary goal; he was condemned because he did nothing with what he was given.

The point of the parable is that we are to use whatever we have been given for God’s purposes. The severe consequences to the poor servant has nothing to do with a failure at business, but means that we are to invest our lives, not waste them. Had he done something to try and make money, even if he had failed, he wouldn't have been punished as severely for a failure. He was punished because he wasted his opportunity.
>>
>>45014462
>refuses to read the book properly
>is allowed to GM

Thar's yer problem
>>
>>45014661
We don't have a wizard. The closest thing to a caster is me, being a Radiance House occultist.
>>
>>45014617
>Didn't realize full attacking is a thing
>Didn't know dhampirs can't be healed normally until he already made a character

This doesn't help your situation at all, but I think you oughta slap some of your group members for not helping you out at all, unless you were telling them to just let you do your own thing or something.

Anyway, dhampir can get infinite out-of-combat healing via a 1,000 GP item called an Anatomy Doll. It won't help you during a fight, but outside of combat you can use it to heal yourself endlessly as long as you have time.
>>
>>45014694
An interesting divergence of the parable would be if the poor servant had given the money to someone in great need, such as an orphan or widow. In the context of the story, he would have been rewarded the greatest for giving what he could.
>>
>Jade Regent assumes your character is an heir to the Amatatsu family, and was there in Brinewall to uncover the prophecy
>my guy died to a goddamn White Dragon this weekend

... Uhh, does this mean I should just leave? I also lost all the relationship development I got for that guy.
>>
>>45014716
I knew what full attack was all about, it was just a long sesh and we leveled up late in. Everyone was tired. Plus, I didn't get a lot of chances to attack in the first place.

Thanks for the anatomy doll thing, that will help amazingly. Just have to find a place to buy it, since we have practically no shops anywhere near scrapwall. Though, I'm curious, why doesn't it work in combat? I'm reading the description, doesn't say anything about that.
>>
>>45014684
>12 archers
He really wanted you dead
>>
>>45014779
Raise Dead?

If not, a new character? Take an NPC and PC them? Write someone up new? Death is part of the game.
>>
>>45014779
The Box can always make more heirs.
You'll have to work on those relationship scores, though.
>>
>>45014617
>My AC is 18 at best
>level 6

You should have something around 16,000 gp worth of stuff at that level. Getting a ring of protection +1, an amulet of natural armor +1, and a +1 mithral agile breastplate are only 9,400 gp and add up to AC 19 off the bat before counting Dex.

>>45014684
>Some kind of mounted archers.

Must have been shitty ones. 6 generic fighters with Deadly Aim on horses should have been even more dangerous than 6 generic fighters with Power Attack on foot.

>Also, now he wants to try and rewrite the whole maneuver thing into Paizo's Combat Stamina system.

Tell him to make spellcasters use that first.
>>
>>45014806
>>45014795
>>45014779

Y'all forgetting that the Dragon Seal CAN cast resurrection, doing so just renders it inert for a month.

The developers considered this, the Amatatsu Seal is a powerful healing item.
>>
>>45014790
>Though, I'm curious, why doesn't it work in combat?

It does, but if you burn actions in combat to heal a couple of HP at a time you're a huge dumbass.
>>
>>45014790
Using a standard action to heal yourself for 1 point isn't exactly great in a combat situation
>>
>>45014694
But, putting it aside, saving it, IS something.
It's only "nothing" if you waste it on prostitutes and cocaine overdose.

While certainly a meager and pathetic example of one, he effectively made himself a ... treasury you could say.

Is it also wrong for the master to have savings? Is it wrong for a woman to have jewelry (keep in mind how/what that was used for back in the day)?
Is it wrong to think "well I don't have enough NOW but if I put this aside then someday"?

That's my problem with his treatment in the parable. He was punished for what can by numerous methods, or at the very minimum many points of view, be a perfectly reasonable, even *wise* act.

The difference, is that he attempted to do so when he only had a small amount to begin with. It reminds me of that (recently once again redacted) McDonalds "employee budget help" website: The first time they'd barely made their numbers match after basing the thing off working 80 hours a week (seriously) and even then only *after* omitting certain frivolous expenses like gas/heating/food and lowering the rent to 30% lower than what you'd be expected to have to pay.

The second time around, they removed it after their suggestions included how much you should be paying your personal assistant and cleaning lady.

So yeah, I'm rather reminded of the whole "How DARE that employee have money troubles, if he knew how to balance his budget he'd hire one less maid" attitude there.
>>
>>45014828
I've got a ring of sustenance and a ring of jumping, cloak of resistance +1, and neraplast armor currently. How badly did I fuck up?

>>45014866
>>45014874
Didn't realize it was so low. Even with the +2 from my sneak attack die, it's still shitty. Thanks for pointing that out.
>>
>>45014795

We're in the Crown of the World, the only people around are cannibals, we also can't buy a Raise Dead because of this.
>>
>>45014828
>Tell him to make spellcasters use that first.
That's dumb, anon. Stamina would give casters infinite spells/day by resting for a few minutes, and it's already an issue with their limited casting ability.

Spellcasters should use Burn.
>>
>>45014935
>Burn

No, anon. Not even spellcasters deserve that.

Maybe arcanists.
>>
>>45014935
Oh I'd like to see the looks on those forumgoers faces... Because they *are* incredibly hypocritical on that subject...

Anyone able to maybe prank-edit their FAQ/errata somewhere for this shit?
>>
>>45014862
>>45014912
This, just use the seal
>>
>>45014906
You've got 7,200 gp worth of gear, and the monster stats expect wealth-by-level of 16,000 gp worth of gear.
>>
>>45014906

You have a character with 18 Str right?

Attack Modifier: +6(BAB) +4(STR) +2(Studied Target) +2(Inspire Courage) +1(Haste) = 15

With haste and without power attack your full attack routine should be 15/15/10
(Make your wizard cast haste btw if he is not casting already. It complements your group)

I don't know anon, are you rolling below 5 all the time? Are you in my party?
>>
>>45014986

Hell, it'd make for a right proper cinematic moment, almost downright Disney; guy is assumed dead, some tears occur, Amatatsu Seal is nearby, light-show and BAM, PC is alive!
>>
>>45014960
You sure? Think about it.
>casting spells costs burn/spell level
>casters can gather power to reduce burn
>at some levels they get burn reduced by 1 (let's say level 4 and every 4 levels after)
>even at level 20 will require a full round plus a move action and 1 burn to cast a 9th level spell
>still requires spell slots for casting as normal
This sounds balanced to me.
>>
>>45014899
Again, it's a parable. You're using real world hypothetical when the story is just a story with a moral twist.

The money isn't really money. It's the skills, gifts and talents we are given in life. The story says God (the Master) has given his servants (all of us) this gold (talents and skills) to do something worthwhile with. Some of us have a lot of talent and those people have heavy expectations put on them. Other people are only good at a few things, so they have less expectation but should still strive to do good with them.

The servant with the least wasn't expected to do great things, but he didn't even do the minimum of work. He wanted both his skills and the time of himself and his master and benefited no one. In the story he was afraid of failing so he didn't try so he could just give the gold back. That would be like a person not even taking the time to do the least amount of help, never offering a hand to the poor, never being kind to someone who was in need, doing nothing but hide in a hole in the ground and wait for his life to be over.

The master (God) returned and was greatly pleased by both his servants, who he had high expectations of and did their best to fulfill their obligations. The servant with the least though was a failure because he never even tried for fear of failure. He could have done anything and would have bee rewarded, but his inaction was punished.

If you don't help people, lend a hand or use the gifts you have for good, you've squandered your life.
>>
File: 556_max.jpg (381KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
556_max.jpg
381KB, 810x1080px
hey /pfg/, i lost some core books while being a derp. Anyone has a link to that big place that hasn't been updated since november, so i can track them down? i can't find it anymore.
>>
>>45015046
That's absolute shit.
>>
>>45015066
You mean the link in the OP?
>>
>>45015069
How so?
>>
File: 20120903110110425.jpg (252KB, 605x900px) Image search: [Google]
20120903110110425.jpg
252KB, 605x900px
>>45015072
looks like i also lost some intelligence, in the meantime.
>>
>>45015066
>Brighentersmymagicalrealm.jpg
>>
>>45015006
I could have sworn I used at least 14k on character creation. For weapons I got a greatsword, composite longbow +4, and a fair few arrows. An armored coat and hide shirt, along with a bag of holding since the party recommended that.

>>45015011
The wizard isn't a buffer, he's a ranged hitter. I roll decently, but on all the wrong enemies. I couldn't even imagine I'd get that much on my attack mod.
>>
>>45015101
A wizard/sorcerer would be knocked out after casting one or two his highest level spells. They are supposed to last at least a whole encounter.
>>
>>45015046
Making a class a pain in the ass to use is not balanced.
>>
>>45015046
There is a problem here, in that you're losing sight of the issue.

Spellcasters are stupidly strong, yes. However, your solution here makes them /unfun/ as well. If active combat spells become less good, do you know what spell becomes the go-to? Planar Binding/Ally. Long duration buff spells.

If you can't use your strongest spells safely, you know what you do? Spam lower-level spells that are disproportionately strong. If you're punished for using more than a couple spells of a given level per day, the solution is to only ever /need/ a couple spells.

The houserule you've proposed leads to characters who are punished heavily for doing anything other than the strongest, most game-breaking things. Because otherwise, you literally cannot function well.
>>
>>45015128

I am not familiar with spellslinger playstyle but if he is full atacking haste benefits 3 out of 4 players in the party. And if bard full atacks, everyone benefits from it. Haste is really useful spell and increase party damage output drastically. One buff at the beginning of the encounter wouldn't hurt his blasting.

And without haste, assuming inspire courage is up we are looking at 14/9 which is not bad. Power attack lowers these values, but until you grab more to hit bonuses and/or determine enemy AC avoid using it.
>>
I heard DSP guys are working on Truenaming. Will they ever do Pact Magic? I really liked the Binder from 3.5.
>>
>>45015128
Why would you need a Bag of Holding if you have 18 STR?
>>
>>45015050
But if they're skills and talents, then the third servant had basically nothing. He's stuck in between giants, with five or even ten times his capabilities.

Surrounded by people like that, what can he do but try to just keep his little place? The parable is written as if by "rich" men for "rich" men: It ignores the risks, the perils and difficulties of life.

It effectively would then mean "One man could do almost anything, and he did. One man could do much less, but still do some, and thus he did. And one could do almost nothing, and it is his fault for having done almost nothing"

But... That assumes the last man truly did nothing, always, ever. It assumes the last man was never exposed to any sort of strife. It only looks at how much ... Output, you might say, he delivered on the investment in his life, seeking a return ratio without consideration for costs or setbacks. It ignores the leeway and starting advantages of the first two, and says "if you have one, you could have made it two, look at this man who turned ten into twenty, or this man who turned five into eight", without ever accepting that perhaps "one" costs "one and a quarter" just to live.

By oversimplifying their lives under the assumption that ten is just as easy a start as one, the entire parable did naught but paint "starting with one" as some kind of wrong that deserves to be punished.
>>
>>45015309
Check out... Pact Magic by Radiant House(?)
>>
I took Craft Wondrous Item on my level 4 sorcerer. What silly shit should I start making? Philters of Love once I can get the DC easily, because that's my fetish, for sure.
>>
>>45015286
Just asked him now, he doesn't have haste. No one on the team does, actually. A real shame. Even still, I'll try to work something out with the bard to see if we can think up a strategy beyond rushing all enemies.

>>45015312
It was recommended to me, I had some extra gold and it seemed good. I still have 1.8k left over if I need to buy anything, but 1k of that is gonna go to the doll once I get a chance.
>>
>>45015050
Only someone who starts with five or ten gold would ever forget that 1GP will only just barely cover the fees.

Only this vast majority, that start with 1gp, are ever made to pay those fees.

The profit the other two made came from somewhere after all.
>>
>>45015309
Yeah, Radiance House already got to it.

It's not bad.
>>
>>45015383
Salve of the Second Chance, for a Reincarnate spell in a bottle that is both cheaper than an actual Reincarnate spell and also gives you a bit of choice in what you come back as if you use it under certain conditions.

Also, Quick Runner's Shirts. Everyone in the party should have one. Doesn't matter what your party is composed of.
>>
File: confused archen.gif (217KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
confused archen.gif
217KB, 500x281px
>>45015383
>using date rape potions

But why?
>>
>>45015383
Sleeves of Many Garments. Woo people with your fancy shapeshifting clothes instead.
>>
>>45015383
>>45015445
Oh, and forgot something important. If you want a silly item for silly uses, you'll want a Bag of Everlasting Dung. A super-cheap method of having copious amounts of shit on-hand when necessary can be useful for pranks, distractions, and all sorts of other things.
>>
>>45015450
Because I once tricked a dragon into drinking one and ended up walking out of the dungeon with a clingy, tsundere dragon husband. And it was great.

>>45015445
>>45015467
Time to go look this shit up.
>>
>>45015450
For a moment there I misread who >>45015467 was responding to.
>Using date rape potions.
>But why?

>Sleeves of many garments.
>>
>>45015386
If he is not willing to buy it, buy a scroll of haste and give it to your wizard to scribe his spell book.

I am not seeing a great failure at your build aside from sub-optimal choices. Your party is suboptimal anyway, you should had mixed right in.

We can probe your build left and right, change some stuff but I am not sure if it makes a big difference. It looks like your party needs more buff though. What do you think about playing a more buffer/controller character?
>>
>>45015330
>>45015395
>And one could do almost nothing and didn't even try to succeed.
>With great power comes great responsibility

Again, it's a parable. You are over analyzing things in a direction the story was never meant to apply to.

Everyone has an obligation to help others, even in their small ways; a smile, a kind word, a gentle helping hand. The man with little did nothing, he never tried, he never lent assistance, he wasn't even kind or gentle.

For this story, he was the Scrooge, not the rich men. They gave an did, but the poor servant hoarded his wealth/talent and never aided anyone other than himself.

The story is an oversimplification, it's a parable. They aren't real people, it's symbolic.

Again, it's not real gold, it's opportunity to do good in the world.
>>
>>45015563
>>45015563
>>45015563
New thread
>>
>>45015529
I'll mention it after we finish book 2 after months of struggle and finally reach another shop. And I actually had played a wizard before this first -- then we all died. I don't think I'm suited for depthful tactics. For now I think I'll stick with this slayer for a while, though I would appreciate any ideas on feats/slayer talents you can give me. Thanks for all the help, regardless.
>>
>>45015558
Yes, it's symbolic. But the lesson can still easily be read as "it's your fault you're poor".

An opinion all too often held by those who aren't.
>>
>>45015478

Go on the Golarion wiki and check out Taldor, they have dozens of amusing items you NEED to make.

Such as levitating mobile couches that provide constant food and drink, or wardrobes that give you an infinite supply of expensive, +2 Charisma clothes.
>>
>>45014684
Not related, but if there's a fighter maneuver that enables you to do that, I want it.
>>
>>45015386
>is level 6
>has 1k+ GPto spare

>is level 4
>has exactly zero gold, no magical items, and has never seen more than 300gp in one place
Playing poorfag campaign is suffering.
>>
>>45015769
Honestly, I'd love to play a homebrewed campaign from level 1 again. I don't even care how stale others think it might seem, I just want that good 'ol adventuring feel that I'm actually a part of a journey and not just "my two other characters died almost immediately and my hype along with them".
>>
File: tumblr_m6tl40hJId1qhsdyj.jpg (15KB, 210x310px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6tl40hJId1qhsdyj.jpg
15KB, 210x310px
>party is level 5
>wbl we should have 10k worth of gear
>only 2 magic items in the entire party
>we have done 18 sessions.
>>
>>45015813
Sounds like the exact same situation as us, except we're more like 24 sessions in, we haven't all hit level 5 yet, and there's like... seven magic items among the 20 of us.
And four of these the wizard PC's crafted themselves.
>>
What are some good feats for a TWF Paladin to pick? I already have Two Weapon Fighting and Double Slice (even though my STR is 14, I couldn't figure out any other feats that I could get without already having Combat Expertise).
>>
>>45015853
We haven't found enough gold/gems etc... to even be able to afford to craft items despite having the feats. We have found maybe 500 gold worth of cash loot.
>>
>>45015929
Is this an IRL game?
>>
>>45016037
online. The group has been playing together for about 15 years though.
>>
>>45016103
Okay, so that probably means you can't/won't bully the DM into submission. Is this a recent problem?
>>
>>45016146
Yeah it's just this campaign. We all called him out on his bullshit last session.
>>
>>45016234
Okay, hopefully you can resolve this via talking like reasonable people. How's his life been lately? Has he been starting to act dissatisfied or bored of DMing? He might just be burning out.
>>
>>45016278
No it's not an issue of that. Other people DM games during the week he gets to play in. The guy is wealthy and doesn't need to work so this kinda fills up some of his free time. I don't think its going to be a long term problem it's just once we pointed it out to him last session hopefully he starts handing out more stuff. We are in the middle of a dungeon right now so we will see at the end.
Thread posts: 412
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.