[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic: the Gathering Wednesday Flavor General - Best Walker Loses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 42

File: image.jpg (847KB, 2684x1580px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
847KB, 2684x1580px
>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread!

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

ARCHIVE http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Archive.aspx?tag=unchartedrealms&description=Uncharted%20Realms

>Savor the Flavor/Taste the Magic archive
ARCHIVE http://www.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/archive.aspx?page=13&tag=savortheflavor&description=taste%20the%20magic

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE http://pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
http://pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2014: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/checking-planeswalkers-2014-06-16
2015: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion. No snowflakes in the Wednesday thread. Ignore chandere posts.

We have an IRC for more conversational discussions and no small amount of fucking about: #mtgwaifulore on irc.rizon.net

Starter topic: This week's Official Magic Fiction is "Up in Flames," by Doug Beyer.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/official-magic-fiction/flames-2016-01-20

Why exactly does Chandra consider Jace a friend, anyway?
>>
>>44896626
>Why exactly does Chandra consider Jace a friend, anyway?

He is a loser just like Nixilis, no idea.
>>
>>44896626
Chandra sorta met and got to know Jace last time on Zendikar, right? Dit they part on amicable terms after fighting Sarkhan, or not?

The 'thinks real hard to contact Jace' was hella cute tho
>>
Nixilis lost, but he didn't die, which is what most fans wanted; he makes for a good antagonist.
>>
>>44896626
Because like all neo-walkers Chandra and Jace don't understand normal human interaction so they believe that constant arguing is a basis for friendship.
>>
File: 1438534102051.jpg (303KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1438534102051.jpg
303KB, 1280x720px
Seems like Chandra cares a little too much about Gideon, if you know what I'm saying.
Nissa shaking hands with Chandra was cute.
>>
Nissa/Chandra confirmed.
>>
>>44896626

Does she? I don't know much about the lore but I thought they were mortal enemies after Chandra burnt down Jace's family or something.
>>
File: 1452707927908.jpg (676KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1452707927908.jpg
676KB, 1920x1200px
>>44896626

What are the Eldrazi color combos representative of?

They are devoid, and yet they require mountains to summon. Shit doesn't add up.

It seems like there are factions within the Eldrazi too, but to be honest I don't know what the logic is behind this either.

tl;dr
What are 'colored' Eldrazi about?
>>
>>44896829
The pre-BFZ stories implied that jace knew her more after the events of RoE. They seemed pretty familiar during Jace and Gideon's visit.

Maybe it's just a planeswalker thing. Finding another like you is so uncommon that when you do, you can connect on a level that can't with most people.
>>
>>44897758
The eldrazi are extraplanar beings that manifest their physical forms as sort of a mimicry of their physical planar surroundings. Eldrazi spawned near red mana sources will have similar traits.

There are more pure colorless eldrazi now due to the colored mana being drained out of Zendikar.
>>
File: csb.jpg (65KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
csb.jpg
65KB, 500x499px
>>44897769
but when do they fuck? WWWWWHHHHEEEENNNNNNNN
>>
>>44897898
that's next wednesday.

Jace decides to approach Chandra to help with all the anxieties about sex he got from Liliana but ends up walking in on Chandra making out with Nissa while pegging Gideon.
>>
I'm Nissa.
>>
>>44897565
That's exactly what's weird. In several of the Chandra BFZ stories, she's thought of Gideon and Jace as "my friends." But she didn't really part on good terms with either of them.
>>
I could be wrong, but I think Jace and Chandra's first interaction was her stealing a scroll containing the magic/motions/words needed to cast Ghostfire from the Blind Consortium, which is the spell Ugin created to give form to the Eldrazi and actually harm them in the first place. She stole it because of reasons (I think she was asked to by the pyromancers on Kaladesh, who were given the scroll by Jaya a long time ago).

Jace went after her to Zendikar to get the scroll back, and both got kidnapped by Sarkhan and brought to the Eye of Ugin. They accidentally unlocked the seal on the Eldrazi prison in the course of their fight, and both just peaced out after seeing the Eldrazi pop out and start wrecking shit.

Gideon probably learned about Jace from his time on Ravnica (which is Jace's adopted home plane) and sought him out for help, taking a guess that Jace was a planeswalker because of how suddenly he'd disappear for days or even weeks at a time.

AFAIK, the only walkers that Jace hasn't met (or been confirmed to know about) are Elspeth, Koth, Karn, Xenegos, and Ajani.

He's met or knows about most of the others (he knows about Sorin and Nahiri from Ugin, but hasn't met them).
>>
>>44897758
>They are devoid, and yet they require mountains to summon. Shit doesn't add up.
Devoid and Eldrazi with colored costs are 100% a game construct. Like how you can equip boots to a wall or have Gideon punch himself in the face. Devoid exists purely so that low-cost Eldrazi can exist without fucking over the mechanical color pie.

Hell, from a flavor perspective, it doesn't really make sense to be able to summon Eldrazi at all.
>>
>>44898166
>AFAIK, the only walkers that Jace hasn't met (or been confirmed to know about) are Elspeth, Koth, Karn, Xenegos, and Ajani.
Venser, Tamiyo, Tibalt, Domri, Ashiok, and Narset, as well.
>>
>>44897758
Because you can't have a set where 70% of the cards are colorless and the rest colored. It's just an in-game mechanic.
>>
>>44898152

She's been on pretty bad terms with Jace, actually.

I seem to remember her and Gideon kinda having a thing.
>>
>>44898221
Forgot about them, which isn't surprising as they only have 1 PWer card printed so far, and those PWers were tied to various storylines of the last few sets (Venser and Koth to Mirrodin/New Phyrexia, Tamiyo and Tibalt to Innistrad, Domri to Ravnica, Ashiok and Xenagos to Theros, and Narset to Tarkir).

And before anyone asks, the only reason why Jace doesn't know about Domri is because Domri's part of the Gruul clan, and Domri's too busy exploring the multiverse, looking for new, primal planes like Naya was on Alara.
>>
>>44898061
To be fair, how else are you going to introduce yourself to the girl that just saved you while Gideon is being Gideon?
>>
Thank god we'll live to see Ob another day
>>
>>44898326
>I seem to remember her and Gideon kinda having a thing.
Gideon literally hunted her for a book for being a rebel. And while she wasn't burned to death in the executioners purifying fire, he never apologized. Those are some shitty terms.

>>44898201
>Hell, from a flavor perspective, it doesn't really make sense to be able to summon Eldrazi at all.
Tell that to Ob, who hard casted the actual Kozilek to the battlefield.
Mostly what happens is the more you fight the eldrazi, the more you understand a little about their warped line of thoughts, their alien behaivor, and more importantly to the game, how to make a mana replica of their freaky alien genotypes.
That's what you summon. A replica.
>>
File: 1449136901550.jpg (179KB, 1024x1595px) Image search: [Google]
1449136901550.jpg
179KB, 1024x1595px
>>44898751
>That's what you summon. A replica.
Okay so is this Head-Canon tier, or am I seriously playing with (not) Golems made of Alien Ghosts that spilled mana all over their shirts?
>>
>>44898856
It used to be up in the air, but these days I believe the idea that you're summoning a replica is, in fact, the standard.

Presumably an exception to this would be any creature with the Legendary supertype, which would in fact be the actual person.
>>
File: wastes.jpg (41KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
wastes.jpg
41KB, 265x370px
>>44898294
Yeah but that's the whole point of Eldrazi

They're not artifacts
They're not lands

Without color.

So then... what the fuck is THIS?

Now need I remind you, I am not talking about mechanics... We're all here to discuss FLAVOR. [/s]
>>
>>44898931
But the rules for legendary have changed pretty dramatically, not to mention the introduction of walkers
>>
>>44898978
Gameplay and story segregation.
>>
>>44898949
Eldrazi drained the color out of the land, making it produce mana just not colored mana?
>>
>>44898949
Personally, I think Wastes mana is them trying to "cleanse" the land of the "corruption" that is colored mana and to turn it into the "pure" mana that they desire.

I think it was during Drana's UR (when she did her dive kick into the chest of a large Eldrazi to drain it's blood) that she got memories/emotions of the Eldrazi saying that the plane is "corrupted" and they want to make it "pure."
>>
>>44898949
It's a game first and a story second. Some things are bound to be inconsistent or stupid, don't bash your head about it.
>>
>>44898751
>Gideon literally hunted her for a book for being a rebel. And while she wasn't burned to death in the executioners purifying fire, he never apologized. Those are some shitty terms.

Are you implying that wotc is inconsistent with the story? You speak madness!
>>
>>44898949
Eldrazi feast on mana and have been doing so for eternities. Their smallest sizes even work as mana-stimpacks. One can assume that they simply drain a land's living mana, meaning the color, and leave behind pure, dead mana as the residue. Colorless mana being dead and soulless would also explain why artifacts most often can only generate artificial, dead mana.

All that said, the Wastes would literally be Eldrazi poop. When an animal shits, the stuff that comes out is still organic, just processed into dung. Similar to humans not actually "using" their entire food, so do Eldrazi, digesting only the colored parts of mana.

Now, considering that Scions/Brood are small, animate mana pockets that are even consumed to feed other Eldrazi, ut's not a far stretch to think that the same applies to all Drones. Colored ones are just overfull of a certain color of mana and cannot process all of it (think Flamingos being pink because of eating so much of a certain pink crab) while the giants and Titans contain so much color of all kinds and have such a size that it resulted in them just being and remaining grey/colorless.
>>
File: storyart_OGW_Nissas-Nemesis.jpg (350KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
storyart_OGW_Nissas-Nemesis.jpg
350KB, 750x450px
By your powers combined
>>
>>44899486
I'm Nissa.
>>
>>44899486
>I've seen enough doujins to know where this is going
>*planeswalks away*
>>
>>44898856
>>44898931
>>44898978
>>44899126
It's not headcanon, but actual canon fact. Legendary creatures aren't an exception to the rule, but rather you know that person personally so well that you can't make more than one of them.
It's like, a Boros Elite is a Boros Elite. There's dozens of hundreds of them. But there's only one Aurelia so that's all the Aurelia's you can manage to summon.

In fact, the only possible differences are elementals and such made out of elements since you actually did draw up the nearby ground or light the air on fire.
Zombies are a hilariously weird case in that they're canonically reanimated corpses, but the fancier ones read: all the onesthat aren't 2/2 tokens, and possibly some that are. Might either be mana constructs or "special projects" you left at home that you ARE actually summoning. Artifacts are the same way.
>>
>>44899370
Nah, I'm just reminding people that she parted with Jace on better terms than she parted with Gideon. Honestly, stop trying to ship them. Is tumblr-tier bad.
>>
>>44899710
I hate ship fags as much as the next guy, but I'd still love some sexual tension in the Gatewatch once Liliana joins.

>Jace trying to pretend there never was much between them
>Lilli teases him constantly by making moves on Mr. Stronk Gideon
>Jace in turn tries to make some moves on Chandra
>utterly fails to leave any impression other than awkward, cute nerd
>Lilli still ends up legit jealous
>meanwhile Nissa has some fun with her elementals
>>
>>44899930
Liliana is just going to legit rape Jace at some point, not bother with any of that dancing around it
>>
So Chandra's new thing is essentially spirit bombing shit with flame tornadoes?

I'm ok with this.
>>
>>44900148
If they end up back together in bed though, it'll be consensual. Jace'll go back like any abused partner will. Also because sex with Lili is apparently just that good.
Hopefully she'll be a better person by then.
>>
File: Chandra a cute.jpg (107KB, 1104x810px) Image search: [Google]
Chandra a cute.jpg
107KB, 1104x810px
>>44900159
Chandra confirmed for being a glorious qt beacon of light and mana.
>>
>>44900232

Eh, maybe one of the angels in Innistrad will give her a spanking and she'll feel bad about herself and go ask to join Jace's secret club.
>>
>>44900232
But becoming a better person requires admitting you ever did anything wrong to begin with, and that is something Liliana refuses to admit.
It's always someone else's fault with her.
Always.
>>
>>44899930
Ashaya...
>>
>>44900342
I've never seen her claim someone else did something to her, save the Raven Man tricking her into killing her bro.
Everything else she admits she did, she just has no remorse about solving those problems through backstabbing.
>Dying now? Sell soul to demons.
>Fuck I want my soul back. Kill demons with veil.
>Fuck the veil is fucking me up. Time to go see what I can do about it.
>>
File: Jace+Chandra.png (597KB, 800x2555px) Image search: [Google]
Jace+Chandra.png
597KB, 800x2555px

Who can say?
>>
So Jace is heading to Innistrad next, right?

...How long before Lavinia manifests a spark just to drag his ass back to his office to do the paperwork that's been piling up while he's off playing Avengers with his pals?
>>
>>44900641
The artbook said where the new superfriends were going. I think Jace is going to Innistrad to look for Sorin to figure out why the fuck he didn't show up to help defend Zendikar.

I believe Gideon and Chandra are going looking for Emrakul, and Nissa is going to make sure Zendikar can heal properly before joining Jace on Innistrad.
>>
>>44900702

Wonder if that means the won't do the fucking obvious thing and have Emrakul be the Shadow over Innistrad. I kinda hope so, that interpretation's already gotten old and it would feel kinda cheap to do ANOTHER Eldrazi block immediately. Especially if they're just sacing Innistrad to Emrakul to up the stakes again after Ulamog and Kozilek bite it.

Still thinking maybe we're gonna see Ashiok again on Innistrad and he's responsible for the fuckery going down. They did say they consider Ashiok Jace's evil opposite number, so it'd make sense if the two of them have to duke it out sometime soon.
>>
>>44897769
I'd assuming it's something like this. When planeswalking is so rare you probably feel at least some connection with anyone who's not lolevil like Nixilis. Chandra being red probably plays into it, too; red seems like the kind of color that would jump to "friends" pretty fast. Quick to anger, but potentially quick to forgive, as well. She works off of gut instinct, and it's pretty clear that Jace and Gideon aren't the bad guys in this scenario.
>>
>>44900342
Sounds like a black aligned character to me.
>>
Guys, you're giving too much credit to the creative team.

>Doug: who cares happened before? They're all bestfriends now!! We finally can make a superhero team and cling from Marvel movies sucess!
>Kimberly: but what about Chandra and Jace, or Chandra with Gideon? Or what about Nissa being an elf hitler? And what abou–
>D: I said WHO CARES, what are you? Some kind of nerd from /tg/?! Now let me ignore my tumblr blog
>>
>>44901214
This.

Each article must be treated as an isolated instance. What's treated as canon in one article cannot be treated as canon in another. If something's relevant for an article, it will be brought up in that article. If it's not relevant in that article, it doesn't exist in the context of that article but might exist in another.

Continuity no longer exists in MtG lore.
>>
>>44899265
Nice theory.
Theory?
>>
>>44896626
Still not over how lewd last week's story was.
>>
>>44901372

>>Continuity no longer exists in MtG lore.

Explain this for me, please, as I'm new to the thread and have read ALOT of the recent MtG books and the Uncharted Realms stuff...
>>
>>44900641
"but mom, i gotta save th-"
"NO BUTS. AND YOU'VE GOT EXTRA DEPOSITIONS, YOUNG MAN."
"Stop that, Jace. It's not going to work, and it's illegal."
"rackemfrackem..."
>>
>>44901789
Anon is just being dramatic. Wizards is pushing their story more and as a result they've been playing a little fast and loose with past continuity. Nissa's backstory is one notable example (previously they'd said she'd spent more time on Lorwyn and was an elf supremacist), and the point of contention in this thread is Chandra suddenly considering Jace and Gideon "friends" when they hadn't really been on good terms before.

Not that either of those is actually a huge deal, but this is 4chan and we have to whine.
>>
>>44901856

>"Hold him, Jace! We've almost stopped the monster!"
>"Huh? Oh, jeez, I gotta take this, sorry guys. Hi, Lav–yes, I know we've got paperwork piling up, but there was a THING, and–oh, god, AGAIN? Ugh...just...stall for a bit. I'm really sorry, guys, there's stuff at work. I can't stick around."
>"WE'RE SAVING THE MULTIVERSE RIGHT NOW, JACE!"
>"Yeah, well, YOU guys don't have day jobs. Listen, I took care of this. I hired a substitute for when I'm not around for Gatewatch stuff!"
>"You what?"
>"Gideon, Chandra, Nissa, this is Tammy. For all intents and purposes she is me for the next few days unless she fucks up. Later!"
>>
>>44901789
Facts that were previously mentioned in articles released as little as a year ago are contradicted in one article, only to be acknowledged in the next. The strength of oldwalkers versus new, the capabilities of the Eldrazi, the personal histories of the separate Planeswalkers, etcetera.
>>
What are the top tier magic uncharted realms?
>>
>>44899930
>>44900232
>>44900423
It's going to lead Liliana to her grave though. She's going to have to fight Bolas and she's probably going to need Jace to help her. Let's be honest here, Jace is going to help her anyway because he has pretty deep feelings for her.
>>
>>44902096
To be fair, Tamtam would be really good at helping with the paperwork problem, what with the ability to fill things out in multiple at the same time via magic floating pens
>>
>>44899486
I can just see Gideon standing on like his tip toes trying to keep his whip in the shot
>>
>>44902841

>Jace returns home to find Tamiyo accidentally usurped him when she came to study Ravnica's moon

I could dig it.
>>
>Wizards trying to bury best ship

You can't hide what's inside, Wizards
>>
>>44902829
>She's going to have to fight Bolas
Bolas is currently irrelevant to everything she wants and needs. Same with Jace fighting Bolas. There'd be no point as of yet.
>>
>>44902898
The fuck is bolas even doing
>>
>>44902896

I get the feeling they'd both be down for it in the right circumstances. Chandra strikes me as going both ways while I have trouble imagining Liliana has a problem getting randy with whoever's handy.

Jace would hear them doing it in his head, and would need to...go sit by himself for a while. And...think.

Think very hard. A lot.
>>
>>44902898
You think Bolas is just going to let Liliana go off and play on her own without his direction?

>>44902931
Nothing as of now. Letting Lili do his bidding.
>>
>>44902931
Who even gives a shit at this point.

When you spend 10 years building a villain and have his plan be 90% cackling to himself and going "just as planned" everyone loses interest

OH HE'S GOT SOME MYSTERIOUS EGG THING FLOATING OVER HIS HEAD

Like seriously, who gives a shit.
>>
>>44901214
Eugh every time someone reminds me of how they retconned Nissa I get mad. Especially how she went from accepting the teachings of the Lorwyn elves and experimenting with black mana, to being revolted by them killing boggarts. Like come on, she could have been such a cool villain exploring themes of racism and upbringing, but they changed her into "I love nature holy shit nature flows through me I'm the best". At least they kept her fuck up with releasing the eldrazi
>>
>Spend 4 sets building up how fucking powerful the eldrazi are
>3 powerful ass oldwalkers could barely contain them
>Gideon could hardly take out drones
>But then 4 post mending walkers kill them
>Chandra killed both of them
The only way this could possibly be forgivable is if they accidentally set the titans free frp, Zendikar.
>>
File: Drana.jpg (5MB, 2559x1870px) Image search: [Google]
Drana.jpg
5MB, 2559x1870px
>>44902666
IMO:
>Drana: Memories of Blood
>Kruphix: Kruphix's Insight
>Jace and Ral: Project Lightning Bug
>Tesya and Tajic: Family Values
>>
>>44903113

Also, given how different Lorwyn elves and Zendikar elves look, wouldn't the Lorwyn elves have thought Nissa was a hideous freak and tried to kill her because she didn't look like them, not thought she was pretty?
>>
>>44903004
>Whole post
Yes he's going to. He isn't keeping tabs on her. Well he probably is, but she doesn't work for him since the Infinite Consortium shit with Jace and Tezzeret, and even that was more as a "Thanks for finding me those demons that gave me my immortality back." than full servitude.
She isn't Bolas's. Not the way Tezzeret is or Sarkhan was.
>>
File: li89_oust.jpg (44KB, 620x401px) Image search: [Google]
li89_oust.jpg
44KB, 620x401px
>>44903188
I learned to expect nothing from the story, not even a bad twist, just... nothing. My dissapointment from the end of Oath left a void in me.

I guess kids like these kinds of stories? but is not like there are 25+ yo players that are the most invested in the game.
>>
>>44903205
They probably though she was hot cuz of her boobs.
>>
>>44903190
Teysa really interests me as a character. Also as titty monster fap bait. Is it worth reading all three Ravnica books or is she only in two out of the three and then in UR posts?
>>
File: TxJ.jpg (85KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
TxJ.jpg
85KB, 500x483px
>>44904370
I haven't read them but I heard they're pretty good.
>>
>>44904918
>>44904370
Haven't read them either and I've heard they're even more cheesy than the UR stories.
>>
>>44902666
http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/db48a
is the best, bar none.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/official-magic-fiction/blight-we-were-born-2016-01-13
is good too.
>>
>>44903386
Hey, we thought Ob was going to be a shitty out-of-nowhere thing before the UR came out and cleared some stuff up about how he regained his spark and became a badass. Let's have some patience to see exactly how the Gatewatch come to the their solution and its full implications. It might be retarded, but hopefully not.
>>
File: 1452031406640.gif (1MB, 300x236px) Image search: [Google]
1452031406640.gif
1MB, 300x236px
>>44905324
We assume Ob was going to reignite his spark it was a matter of when. His story was left in a cliffhanger so it wasn't "out of nowhere".

>It might be retarded, but hopefully not.
I wish I was this optimistic, I've been dissapointed too much since we were promise more focus on the story than before.
>>
>I'm Nissa
Top ten writting Wizards. Really evocative.
>>
>>44905499
We also assumed that Ulamog was permanently beaten at the end of BFZ when Aligned Hedron Network was spoiled
>>
>>44905811
It's better than "My name is Nissa Revane. I'm a native from this world and one of the last remaining [enter elf tribe here]. I'm also a planeswalker, like you, and I can speak to the planes' soul and their souls to me."
>>
File: 1450254288465.png (13KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
1450254288465.png
13KB, 500x301px
>>44906234
I'm talking about the first Zendikar block.
>>
A loyal knight from an empire where the strong move up and the weak do not. Though destroying your rivals is to be expected, it is to be public, so everyone may know you put some upstart in their place. Though everyone is smart enough to scheme a bit, most of the time things happen seemingly on whims since everyone has a tendency to follow their gut and how they feel at the moment.
The empire is expansive, with castles and trade routes everywhere. Though knights join together in bands under their lords, they just as often simply move freely fro route to route, either patrolling or conquering for the empire.
Knights tend to care more about their circle of friends and comrades than the rest of the people at large. Vigilante justice is the norm with law enforcement simply doling out punishment when proper justice wasn't taken.The area is unforgiving landwise, with the Wheat and grain fields being the only sources of agriculture, and that's when it's not pure desert. Sure there's fruit in the darkland swamps, but it's dangerous to go in there. However, the mountains provide plenty of resources such as stone and metal. so industry is on the rise. Things can be nass produced, but often artisan's will take what they need and work on their "visions"instead. Naturally the great warriors of this land, the nobility are those that no longer need to eat food. The vampire's of this land are powerful warriors, day-walking vampires that lead and command their powerful armies of humans, goblins, zombies, and even other vampires to lay waste to their enemies. It is the vampires that create the true internal struggles. Many a civil war has been started where vampire lords warred against each other for the seat of emperor. None have succeeded in taking it from the ruling lord, who has sat that throne for 1,000 years.

Got bored, so I decided to try and spin up a White-focused rWb wedgeland, more like Alara's shard than Tarkir's clan
>>
>>44908498

That does seem like it works pretty well.

Although it seems kinda a shame that RWB is almost certainly always gonna be the "war and vengeance" wedge. I mean, it's got the colors of self-actualization, empathy, and morality in there along with amorality, rage, and fear of the other.

BUG is the one I really have trouble finding a positive interpretation of. Zombies and Shoggoths are all that come to mind when I think of that wedge.
>>
I gotta ask, is the Ashaya thing just overblown or does Nissa really says it too many times?

Also I wonder what's the running count of her saying it.
>>
>>44902829
Jace will help her because Jace can't not help people. He helps everyone.

Given the last story between the two of them, I think "he has pretty deep feelings for her" is actually off the table.
>>
>>44911526
Oh.
>>
>>44896626

Red is always tsundere for the Blue dick
>>
>>44911692
>Given the last story between the two of them, I think "he has pretty deep feelings for her" is actually off the table.
You obviously didn't read the uncharted realms story. It's obvious and it's there, surprisingly from both sides.
>>
>>44897198
I wish Gideon would take his goofy 70's fringe whip and fuck right off.
>>
>>44896849
Or it's just one trick writers making everyone seem like an old Jewish couple
>>
>>44912121
Oh anon, we have some bad news for you, we're stuck with the superfriends forever and ever forever and ever forever and ever forever.
>>
>>44912121
>tfw Ob sees him with it
>thinks it's retarded
>>
>>44912264
I'm fine with Chanda, Lili, Nissa and even apsi-Jace but Gideon is a fucking tosser.

At least he isn't Karn though. Every major player attached to the weatherlight saga who isn't Volrath blows dicks.
>>
File: mundasvanguardpromo.jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
mundasvanguardpromo.jpg
48KB, 265x370px
>>44911526
There are at least three ur stories about her and Ashaya, at least 2 1/2 of those stories are her alone with it, think about it.
>>
>>44912264
>we're stuck with the superfriends forever
The PWalkers are just like the namefags in this thread. The audience hates them but are stuck with them.
>>
>>44912264
I give them till return to Theros.
>>
>>44912575

>Gatewatch comes to Theros as everything goes to hell again
>Gideon discovers Heliod sired him, and has since grown paranoid since discovering Elspeth that one day Gideon would come back to overthrow him
>Heliod strikes first, but the Gatewatch rally, leading to Gideon ascending to godhood but becoming plane-bound
>Liliana is on Theros looking to raise some super-zombies to fight another demon master. By sheer unlikely coincidence Elspeth makes her escape from the underworld and bursts out of the ground at the exact moment Liliana is getting ready to raise a fallen hero, leading Liliana to mistake Elspeth's return from death for her doing.
>Liliana wants Elspeth, as the "perfect undead," to be her minion, but Elspeth has other ideas, and as a result Liliana gets dragged along as Elspeth heads off, bumping into the Gatewatch, now down their white dude.
>One thing leads to another, and the group now has all five colors.

Plus, if need be, Jace can tag out with Tamiyo and the Gatewatch can magical girl it up as an all-female team from time to time.
>>
>>44912743
Who's the Sailor Moon in this scenario?
>>
>>44912830
Tamiyo duh.
>>
File: 58290.jpg (40KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
58290.jpg
40KB, 200x285px
>>44912830

Think about that question again for a second.
>>
>>44912023
"Catching Up" is precisely the story that I'm talking about. The one in which he sighs and goes along with it because he knows that she'll end up being more trouble if he is antagonistic to her, and then tells her to fuck herself and goes with Gideon instead.
>>
>>44912830

>Moon: Tamiyo
>Mercury: Liliana (By process of elimination)
>Jupiter: Elspeth
>Mars: Chandra
>Venus: Nissa

Nissa will point out she should be Moon and Tammy should be Mercury and Liliana should be Venus, but Tamiyo will shush her or bury her in questions about the moon.
>>
>>44912896
Jace understanding a proper bros before hos mentality

Let's see if he can keep it up
>>
>>44902666

Khanfall
>>
>>44912896
It's more of a be a little nicer and people will be nice to you.
>>
>>44912960
>Mercury
>Not Jace's bitch ass

He deserves to be on the girl team
>>
>>44912960
Ok, who's Chibi Moon?
>>
>>44904998
>>44904918
They're good but extremely goofy. After I got over my magic book reading phase they were the only ones I bothered keeping. The third one turns into a kaiju movie for no goddamn reason but that's part of the charm.
>>
>>44913019

Jace does have to wear the uniform when Liliana breaks off from the team to go feel sorry for herself somewhere alone.

>>44913054

I dunno. Domri, maybe?
>>
>>44913019
>>44913054
>>44913086

No, no, Jace gets to be Chibi Moon. Chandra and Liliana would likely insist.
>>
File: Shamblin.jpg (27KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Shamblin.jpg
27KB, 223x311px
Trying to get into this game and the only question I have so far is how exactly do these lands work? Can you just keep tapping this every turn to give yourself more mana or is it a one time deal? Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to post questions like these.
>>
>>44913245
It is the wrong thread, but we try not to be assholes here. It acts as a regular land should. It taps every turn for either W or B mana.

Do not confuse getting W mana with getting a plains card.
>>
>>44913245
Most lands tap for mana. You pay a cost (tapping them) and are then paid with one mana, usually explained in the land's textbox. For instance, shambling vent would tap for white or black.
at the beginning of each turn, during your untap step, all permanents (creatures, lands, enchantments and planeswalkers) are untapped if they were tapped.

This lets lands become tapped for mana again that turn. Mana leaves your mana pool after each phase finishes (these phases being main phase 1, combat phase, and main phase 2) meaning you usually want to tap lands to pay for cards in hand, and for no other reason. Any questions?
>>
File: Oath of the meh watch.jpg (16KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Oath of the meh watch.jpg
16KB, 500x375px
Hey Lore thread, if pressed for an Oath like the oath's taken by the gatewatch, what would yours be?
>>
>>44913558
Yeah I think I get it now. I thought at first it would add another land to your total, aka if you played this turn 1 and played an additional plain (in addition to shambling tap) every turn after that, by turn 4 you would have 7 total lands, which seemed broken as fuck. That situation would actually be 3 plains and either a plains or a swamp if I'm understanding it correctly now. Thanks to you and the other anon for clarifying.
>>
>>44897198

>Gideon with boobs

I approve
>>
>>44913766
no problem. Keep in mind that you're not adding a plains to your mana pool, but a white mana. Its mostly terminology, but it'll keep people playing with you from being confused by you using different terms than them.

>>44913703
"For the survival of all cultures within the multiverse, I will keep watch."
>>
>>44913703
"To keep these other chucklefucks from freeing more eldritch abominations, I will keep watch. Lookin' at you, Nissa, you dumbass.
>>
>>44899930
The black oath-taker will be Sorin or a new character, Liliana is slated to be an antagonist and her inclusion on the O5 is a red-herring. You can tell by how they retconned her origin from breaking the rules because she loved her brother and running away in shame for cursing him, to breaking the rules because her ego is massive and fighting his cursed corpse because she's power-tripping hard.
>>
>>44902829
They're more likely to ally with Bolas now that they went and did what the other Elder Dragon Walker told them not to do.
>>
>>44903004
>You think Bolas is just going to let Liliana go off and play on her own without his direction?
Yes, Bolas knows the difference between alliances and puppetry, and Liliana is not his puppet, Tezzeret is.
Lilly does owe him and he may be able to influence her in a way that fucks the Gatewatch if she joins, puts her in a strong predicament if she becomes an anti-hero, or turns her into an actual threat if she stays a villainess. But she's not employed or loyal to him.
>>
>>44914290
>Liliana is slated to be an antagonist and her inclusion on the O5 is a red-herring
So a bunch of speculation because you don't like Liliana, huh?

Because she clearly showed she cared for her brother quite a lot. It took a massive appeal to her ego to do what she did because she thought it would save her brother.
>>
>>44912743

I'll admit I was skeptical for a while, but I'd love to see some Elspeth/Liliana interaction, especially with Lili ineffectively giving Elspeth orders.

Really the same kind of interaction Elspeth will have with Dack. The other tries to order her around and make grand statements and such, and Elspeth ignores them and gets shit done while saving them. A+ routine right there.
>>
>>44914590

I agree.

Also, Elspeth is a little different from the other planeswalkers in that she regularly does shit she'd rather not do for people she doesn't particularly like because it seems like the right thing to do.

So I could see Liliana being in way over her head with demons and junk and Elspeth pitching in to bail her out; not because she likes Liliana, because she doesn't, and not because she expects anything in return, because she knows better after a lifetime of getting shit on for doing the right thing, but simply because it felt wrong to just let her drown in the evil shit going on.

As for the most part black characters cannot into altruism I could see Liliana running through possible reasons why Elspeth is doing things she'd rather not for someone she doesn't like, (maybe she's just stupid? no...secret agenda? no...trying to make me be nicer? doesn't look like it...) conclude Elspeth must want to bone her silly, and be REALLY confused and a little insulted when that turns out to be wrong too.
>>
File: 1452095872990.png (2MB, 1219x1388px) Image search: [Google]
1452095872990.png
2MB, 1219x1388px
>>44900641
Jace solo journeys to innistrad, the rest stay on Zendikar. Also, where the fuck is Ugin while they Avengers Assemble on Emrakul and kozilek?
>>
>>44908498
>>44910426
I tried this once before khans and since khans wasn't the color plus it's enemies but a color pair plus it's common enemy, none of it was like mine.
In resume:
>rWb Order through hedonism
Flamboyant arthuriana where lords take on mighty adventures and duel among themselfes for the adoration of their people, not so much because they care, but because the lords' power is based on his people's devotion.
>gUr Knowledge through wanderlust
A nation of explorers that doccument new panoramas, creatures and emotions, sharing them with their families through an emotional link. The families then bard about their explorer's adventures back home.
>wBg Power through natural selection.
Tribes that strive for apex fitness and power through the organized execution of the circle of life, hastened by necromancy and ressurection, and forcing creatures to "evolve" through mutation and fleshcrafting. Pretty much hi-fantasy Digimon.
>uRw Freedom through law
A leisure class of faggots playing artist/scientist thanks to the over-abundance of resources caused by high-taxing colonialism.
>bGu Fitness through self-superiority
Vampires playing Repo! Lots of surgery, vanity, smoke and mirrors.
>>
>>44914518
I do like Liliana that's why I don't want to see her tagging with these losers.
Black walkers have always been the best, until a certain one took white for "hero" points and stopped doing shit.
>>
>>44914735
>Hedonism
>Wanderlust
>Natural selection
>Law
>Self-superiority
We can start by not auto assigning based on the enemy pair. You're taking the enemy pair and adding the colors, the same as khans but in a different direction.

rWb would be white's goals, red and black's methods. So Order through action and opportunity. Not hedonism.

>Vampires in the clan centered in green that misses the fact that vamps are at their best in RB and WB
For what purpose?
And in general they all sound kind of boring. They lack Oomph. They'd make okay characters but not factions or settings.
>>
>>44912743
Except a PW becoming a God doesn't remove the spark. Case in point, Xenagos.
>>
>>44914708
Probably leading Emrakul to where they won't find her so they don't kill the last of his goldfish.
Ugin is a motherfucking dragon, there's reason enough to believe he didn't want the eldrazi destroyed just because he finds them endearing.
>>
>>44914806

While that is true, the real question is if the UR writers in charge at the time of Return to Theros remember that.
>>
What I don't get is, is the fact that 2 Eldrazi titans getting killed by the Gatewatch on Zendikar just like a bad matchup in a game of Magic (e.g. BW warriors shitting on Esper Control)? Can the GW replicate the same feat if they manifested on another plane that didin't have leylines/hedrons like Theros?
>>
>>44912121
>>44912511
>hating on Gideon
>literally the most bro walker

You're not in high school anymore, chill.
>>
>>44914884

Nah, sounds like this entire thing banked on Zendikar being the plane it happened on. One of those "wow, they pulled off something that should by all rights be completely impossible-but not to worry, it will never, ever work again so they can't just do that to the next bad guy."
>>
>>44914884
All planes have leylines, but they'ed need a walker who can connect with the leylines of Theros like Nissa can connect with Zendikar and since there are none they'd be pretty fucked.
>>
>>44913703
"For stable and fast internet, I will keep watch."
>>
>>44914884
You already hit it on the head. They were given the tools needed to kill them. They just had to get their crap together enough to actually pull it off.

Fighting a threat that powerful on another plane prolly wouldn't go the same way unless there was already something lying around to stomp on it. And who would leave a doomsday weapon or a doomsday weapon level toolset lying around? Theros has a god with the knowledge to get such a toolset or weapon, but not the available means to readily always make it. Such a plan isn't going to be the way out every time.
>>
What's your guys' favorite fungus cards? I want a golgari colored fungus deck, to play as some sort of fungus based magician, and but I don't know a lot of lore friendly fungi.
>>
>>44915221
I do not think there's a story-relevant fungus.
>>
File: tumblr_o189scNJjf1rtban5o1_1280.png (31KB, 726x294px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o189scNJjf1rtban5o1_1280.png
31KB, 726x294px
I don't know if this was posted above, I didn't see it on my first pass through the thread.

The book listing/description for the Magic Art Book for Innistrad was put up, and it has some spoilers related to the story of things going on in Innistrad. I put it behind spoiler so people wouldn't have to read it.

Yes, i saw it on the MTG subreddit, so take this picture with a grain of salt. Or a whole truckload, whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>44917288
No, it was not posted yet.

Interesting. Doesn't sound like Emrakul to me, which is good.
>>
>>44903205
In the old lore at least, they respected her "otherworldly" beauty
>>
>>44917288

...well, no part of that spoiler sounds fun. Sounds like a generic 'Good guy went crazy, destroying everything' plot.
>>
>>44913703
For the sake of all the booty in the multiverse, I'll keep watch
>>
>>44914884
I would say no. They required the leylines, along with somebody who could access them like Nissa can, on a mana-rich plane (and as far as Theros is concerned, no it is not the mana-rich kind you'd need), and they needed the hedron alignments.

In particular they needed the hedrons, and Ugin is/was the only one who knew how they work, along with Nahiri. Remember, Ugin flat-out told Sorin and Nahiri that they couldn't kill the Eldrazi with the hedrons, and he was talking out his ass (because he felt the Eldrazi were important to balance and wouldn't let them figure out how to kill the Eldrazi with the hedron network).
>>
>>44917874
Just wait for them to reveal that Ugin's colorless powers come from him being a fourth titan and he needs the other 3 for his own good.

>Bolas was actually a misunderstood good guy
>>
>>44918018
U wiggity woggity m8?
>>
>>44917288
Who the fuck are the 'Vanguard'?
>>
--EPISODE 06: BENEATH THE SURFACE--

>(sic)With Sea Gate in ruins, and two Eldrazi titans on the loose, Jori En and must will embark on a mission to help Kiora recover her powerful bident—a weapon of the gods that could the tide against the Eldrazi.
>>
>>44919191
Oh, so Kiora's spine is still in one piece then? That's good.
>>
>>44919299
Will she join the watch tho?
>>
File: faces of gideon.jpg (5MB, 3200x3200px) Image search: [Google]
faces of gideon.jpg
5MB, 3200x3200px
Gideon is a pretty cool dude.
>>
File: 1437274793248.jpg (4MB, 2400x3200px) Image search: [Google]
1437274793248.jpg
4MB, 2400x3200px
>>
On today's "Cards I feel would be nicer in red" we have temporary land animation in the vein of Koth's + ability. This spell even grants the land haste, which is good just in case the land entered the battlefield on your turn.
>>
>>44920512
>We will endure
Did Nissa get a pep-talk lesson from Koth at some point? I thought that was the Mirran motto.
>>
>>44920773
>We will Endure
>Koth's ability greenshifted
>Nissa planeswalked away from Zendikar at some point during the eldrazi war
Nissa confirmed for walking away and landing straight onto New Phyrexia before deciding that she'd rather deal with Zendikar's problems.
Alternatively KothXNissa as landwaking OTP. It saves both the joraga race and the vulshok at once, creating vulshok joraga hybrids to seed both worlds.
>>
>>44920386
How long before Phyrexia comes and delivers and ass clapping?
>>
Chandra is going to fuck Jace raw tonight.
Gideon is going to go invincible/untouchable so that no one can disturb the nap he's about to take.
Meanwhile, Nissa's just happy she got to tattoo her logo onto the face of the plane.
>>
>>44921319
Gideon looks pretty caucasian here. Could it be that WotC is RACIST?!
>>
>>44921304
>Everyone saves the day
>Looking smug in victory like in >>44921319
>Suddenly the sky rips open and several hundred Phyrexian ships rip into the plane
>Just then Elspeth pops in
>"Guys, I need to tell you something important"
>Everyone looks at her in disappointment
>"Oh, never mind"
>>
>>44914884
Ulamog and Kozilek are not dead.

Sure they got their extradimnensional asses handed to them, and sure they took a fair hit in power level. They won't return to Zendikar, either because they won't because it burned them too badly, or some bullshit that they can't exist/manifest on that plane anymore.

But developing two villains with unique yet similar aesthetics and personalities just to kill them off immediately is bad business.

They'll be back in 5-7 years guaranteed.
>>
>>44921379
I highly doubt it.

they are dead, they were/are already pretty much the most one-dimensional sort of villian anyways "rampaging multiversal cookie-monsters" doesn't really have alot of depth.

at best they serve some multiversal Anti-body purpose, but that doesn't make them deep.
>>
>>44921379
I have had my fill of a lifetime, for Eldrazi shenanigans.

the fact we have one more to go is agony.

somehow, with only 3 set apperances, Eldrazi are more played out than Phyrexians are.
>>
>>44921458
This is true.
>Oh no, Bismuth
>Oh no, ground chalk
There's only so many times these things can appear in an interesting way. Though they should have had the titans not completely manifested yet in RoE, so that when they showed up in full during these sets it would have been a truly "oh shit" moment.
>>
>>44921425
>>44921458
>>44921505

It makes no sense both narratively and financially to get rid of two easily pick and place villains you've spent the last four+ years building up.

It also puts doubt in Ugin (the closest we have to a Big Good alongside Karn and Ajani) who to retrieve cost us a uniquely flavorful plane of Tarkir and any use of Sarkhan as interesting.

Why waste two villains and several unique planes and characters for... what, exactly? The Gatewatch? There are much easier ways to establish Magic Avengers that are cheaper, quicker, and make more sense.
>>
>>44921873
Planeswalkers only assemble when shit truly goes down. The eldrazi are a good way to do that.
Ugin isn't a big good, he's a less asshole Nicol Bolas with his own plans. He wanted the eldrazi sealed to be studied, not killed and willingly withheld that information when he had two other psuedo-gods at his side.
Sarkhan is actually at his most interesting, and while DTK tore Tarkir a new anus, it guaranteed a return to Tarkir with a nice cathartic revenge block later on.
Karn and Ajani are definitely the goodest goods in the setting though
Additionally, Kozilek and Ulamog's gimmicks are now played out and no longer interesting.
"Oh no, the land is chalk, Ulamog's coming" is only interesting once or twice. No, I imagine that the key here is "got away Emrakul." who has a gimmick that hasn't been played yet, and has an unknown relationship with her "brothers."
There are more interesting things than Ulamog and Kozilek, Tarkir was ruined to give itself a story to continue, Sarkhan is by far at his most interesting, and we got Narset and an Ugin who can't see things from our perspective because he went from being an oldwalker to an immortal dragon that violates the barrier between matter and energy overnight.

Additionally, calling Ulamog and Kozilek "villains" are incorrect. They're more "forces" for the good guys to fight. Not much character beyond that. To put another way, Another appearance of Ulamog would just be a dry "Oh no, another hurricane."
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 594x396px
>>44920386
>narset joins because she is bothered by the fact that the group had an odd number of members
>>
>>44922081
But there's just so much waste. Why spend the effort, money, and man hours to design two unique aesthetics and personalities for these alien entities to just kill them off permanently in the same breath?

I'll give Tarkir a pass because the Khans can still return and Wizards thought we'd like DRAGONS better, but wasting two of the three Eldrazi is just stupid.

That's why planes like Ravnica, Innistrad, and Theros aren't destroyed- they're good baseline/simple concept planes that are the meat of the multiverse. Zendikar, unless they add in more bullshit, can never be Zendikar again. At least a trapped Titan would have kept the status quo.

As for Alara, another plane that got 'destroyed' by recombining, they're still safe because the entire plane isn't homogenized yet, and part of the fun if Alara is mixing and mashing together vastly different Shard themes.
>>
>>44922397
Additionally, I want more Kozilek. He's bloody terrifying and actually evil, and killing him off is lame.

The fucker compressed trillions of years into NOW for Tazri, turned a guy inside out, unfurled a guy's tendons and arteries right in front of his eyes, all with barely a passing presence.

Kozilek is EVIL, and it's a shame to see such a petty Cthulhu wasted with hardly any exposure.
>>
>>44922397
The thing is that those are settings. You can tell plenty of stories with settings. There's only so many times you can say "And then the eldrazi invaded." The aesthetic gets boring fast. Heell, the vampires and elves and goblins are more interesting to look at than the eldrazi at time. "Oh, another gross unspeakable horror. Neat."
>Zendikar will never be the same again.
Zendikar was always a wild civilization-less plane. And it's still filled with wild mana all over the place, plus now it has alien eldrazi mana as a part of it. It's still untamed land full of treasure and especially ruins now. Nothing's changed except there are a lot less everybody left.

>>44922464
>Terrifying and actually evil.
>That list of feats
Logically, the only one of those that he should have done was the first one. Emrakul's the one that warps flesh. So just sit down and wait for the real face of the eldrazi to show up.
>>
>>44921873
Honestly if Elspeth wasn't dead and Tezzeret wasn't getting dragon fucked you could easily make an avengers team out of the Alara walkers, especially since Sarkhan isn't getting fucked by Bolas anymore. Include Koth and Karn because they have a relationship with Elspeth and Narset I guess because I assume she's still hanging with Sarkhan

Bolas can be Thanos
>>
>>44922464
>>44922397

you cannot "build up" something forever.

we "built up" the Eldrazi for 5 fucking years, its over, its done, we have ONE left and she's the most interesting anyways.

did you HONESTLY expect Zendikar 2, to simply be "MORE building up of the Titans!"
>>
>>44922990
How long have they been building up New Phyrexia?
>>
>>44923088
Literally since it was made.
The difference is by your logic Scars block should have been more building up to New Phyrexia since it means wasting Mirrodin. Your argument reads like "What, the Mirran/Phyrexian war is already over and New Phyrexia won? Why hype something up when you're going to end it that fast?"
>>
>>44923264
I wasn't arguing anything. I'm literally asking how long have they been hyping up New Phyrexia.
>>
>>44923292
Anons are impossible to tell apart at times, so just accept that the second part of that was for >>44922464
The site is like that.
>>
File: stf177_sorin1[1].jpg (69KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
stf177_sorin1[1].jpg
69KB, 620x414px
>>44917288
>>44919151

Sorin is being a contrarian and creates a rival Planeswalker guild and Jace isn't invited.

Calling it now.

Sorin will be running around trying to scoop up all the second rate Planeswalkers and Ugin, it'll be great.
>>
Return to Kamigawa when?
>>
>>44920258

Seems like she'd be a liability.

All four of the others would need to keep voting down "planning is hard, let's throw an octopus at it" and then she'll do it anyway.

>>44922081

To be fair, Ulamog is a hurricane. It's not really aware of the opposition as it devours.

KOZILEK, however, knows you're there, knows what you're thinking, and wants to fuck with you until you break.

We don't know what kind of personality Emrakul has.
>>
>>44923435
When Tamiyo becomes relevant
>>
>>44923435
Phyrexians Vs. Eldrazi Vs. Kami when?
>>
>>44923521
Emrakul is credited with being a "creator"

whatever that means.
>>
>>44923522

So, the block after Shadows over Innistrad then.
>>
>>44923521
Is Kozilek the only Titan with visible eyes? Do the other ones actually have sight?
>>
>>44923576
Probably turning folk into Eldrazi looking thingamajigs
>>
>>44923576
Emrakul-chan is a pure maiden
>>
>>44923576

Well, from what the artbook says, Kozilek and Ulamog's presence annihilates everything around them, but Emrakul MUTATES organic matter by being nearby. Might have something to do with it.
>>
>>44923588
>Ulamog's actually a really nice guy, he just doesn't know what's going on because he's deaf, blind and mute in the physical plane.
I like this idea.
>>
>>44923588
they weren't physical beings, anon, they were energy beings.

Ghostfire turned them into real-beings with meat bodies.
>>
>>44923755
>"I'M SORRY!!!!!!"
>>
>>44923755
Eh, I prefer my theory that Ulamog is an overexcited dog, Kozilek is a toddler with a magnifying glass, and Emrakul is the mom that calls the exterminator.

We're the ants in this situation. We get trampled and burnt and killed any way, but it's the perspective/tons of the Eldrazi that matters.
>>
>>44923357
Nah, he just tells Jace that 'The Gatewatch' is a fucking retarded name, and that they're changing it to something less stupid.
>>
>>44920386
>Narset

K E K
E
K
>>
>>44921379
>having this much hope

And WotC will win the Nobel prize of literature, right?
The already fucked up, give up anon.
>>
File: Uncontrolled Infestation.jpg (98KB, 640x498px) Image search: [Google]
Uncontrolled Infestation.jpg
98KB, 640x498px
>>44923567
>Kami
>not the glorious hive
>>
>>44923755
>"why are they hurting me!?"
>>
>>44921379
From the Zendikar artbook, they permakill them. That's why a bunch of lorefags are upset, including me.
>>
>>44902010
>not that either of those are a huge deal
What exactly would be a huge deal to you then, Anon?
>>
>>44917288
>betrayed by the hope it held most dear
I swear, if Avacyn turns out to have been EVIL ALL ALONG I will kill a WotC nerd
>>
>>44920386
>that Narset
What an exquisite meme
>>
>>44926569
>>44926569
Anonbro, you wouldn't happen to have the page in which Sorin and Nahiri do try to kill the titans and fail?
>>
>>44927361
Entirely different anon posting stuff from the one last week. I don't recall a page about them trying and failing.
>>
>>44927361
You mean the UR?
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/ur/lithomancer-2014-10-29
>>
You can use this creature's ability when he is in the graveyard, right?
I mean it makes sense, otherwise the card is a lot worse, but if the answer is "yes" what specifically makes it work?
For example I don't expect to use Dread Defiler's ability, but it doesn't have any reminder text about it either.
>>
>>44927698
This is a lore thread. But yes, you use the ability when it's on your graveyard.
>>
>>44927852
My bad, saw an mtg thread and had the question on my mind.
But what I am mostly curious about is when there is so much seemingly obvious text on cards, why is the exception to the rules not explicit on the card
>>
>>44928243
Mythic rares are the exception, see Kozilek vs common cards with Colorless mana symbol.
>>
>>44928243
Because the exception IS on the card.
You can't return it from your graveyard to your hand if it isn't in your graveyard.
Any ability that can be used in your graveyard will be worded like that. It's just not worth it to write out 'use this ability only when World Breaker is in the graveyard' when the ability only makes any kind of sense when it's in the graveyard. Same thing for abilities that discard from hand or anything like that - they don't say 'use this only if it's in your hand' because there's no other place it COULD be and still do that. Can't discard Secluded Steppe from your hand to cycle it if it's on the battlefield or in the graveyard or exiled or in your library still.
>>
>>44923797
JEEEAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!
>>
>>44923357
I mean the ones in the Oath seem to be pretty second rate other than Chandra and maybe Jace.
>>
>>44926569
>Ulamog and Kozilek were destroyed!
I don't give a fuck if they ever come back but just reading this makes me want to punch someone
>>
>>44929571

Why? I'm kinda sick of Eldrazi.
>>
File: 39419.jpg (34KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
39419.jpg
34KB, 200x285px
Wizards of the coast forgot about karn and the entire phyrexian conflict.

Sad days, maybe the super friends can go run around all the uninteresting planes they can think of.
>>
>>44930338
because the things that don't have actual physical forms, that destroy worlds, and have been hyped up as being this Huge Fucking Deal for the past seven years or so were killed...by throwing a lot of fire at them.
>>
>>44930496
Karn, Elspeth and Koth are linked heavily with the Phyrexians, I'm a bit sad we probably won't get continuation until Elspeth's back.
>>
Antithesis team to the Gatewatch when?
>>
>>44927666
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/ur/lithomancer-2014-10-29
The one where they didn't realize the nature of the Eldrazi until Ugin told them.
From that article
"We must find a way to destroy them," said Sorin.

"That may not be possible," said Ugin, "and it certainly isn't wise."
and then
"You think you can imprison all of them?" asked Nahiri.

"All three, yes," said Ugin.

"Three?" said Sorin. "Update your field notes, dragon. We fought thousands."

"You fought extensions," said Ugin with an airy wave of his hand. "Mere organs of a larger being. There are three true Eldrazi loose in the Multiverse. In their absence, their brood will wither and die, as surely as a hand or a foot. We lure those three to one plane and trap them there."
In short
epic meme, bro.
>>
>>44931013

>In their absence, their brood will wither and die, as surely as a hand or foot.

...See, this is why it still confuses me that killing Ulamog and Kozilek doesn't do anything but scare their spawn.
>>
>>44905300
Seer's Parables is pulling up a 404 for me. Anywhere else I can read it?
>>
>>44931469
It's pretty clear that WotC have changed a whole bunch of stuff to give the "founding" of the gatewatch a big capital V victory. It's just a shame they had to sacrifice everything cool and interesting about the eldrazi and ugin's interpretation of them to do it.
>>
>>44931469
Maybe because they didn't fully kill the two of them? Maybe the group only fucked them up enough that they thought they were going to fucking die which sent the brood into a tizzy.
Of course, they might have killed the titans and the brood panicking will be followed by them withering or becoming like the vampires.
>>
>>44923576
Emrakul creates fucked-up life in her surroundings, Kozilek warps pre-existing life beyond comprehension, and Ulamog devours everything around him until life can no longer exist.

Creation, Change, Destruction.
>>
File: Urza's rage.jpg (103KB, 620x462px) Image search: [Google]
Urza's rage.jpg
103KB, 620x462px
We need Urza back to sort all these messes out
>>
>>44932235
Urza couldn't sort out a mess if it came to his doorstep.
>>
>>44932307
Last I checked Yawgy aint around anymore
>>
>>44932032
And the thing is, I'm fully fine with the Gatewatch winning, the Eldrazi losing, and Zendikar being safe for the foreseeable future.

But killing off two thirds of this threat that provides an easy antagonist, has had a lot of effort put into their aesthetic and themes, just for this is kinda shit.

And by the way Ugin is totally a Big Good, considering he's literally a mirror image of Nicol Bolas the Big Bad.
>>
>>44932317
And it wasn't him who finished it was it, he sorta did the whole "wow this is everything I've ever dreamed of" at the end didn't he.
>>
File: PedE1EC.jpg (73KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
PedE1EC.jpg
73KB, 1024x512px
>>44931013
>>44931469
See >>44901214 and >>44899370

These fuckers retcon shit whenever they feel like it, their lore section should be called "OFFICAL INCONSISTENCY FICTION" or "UNCHARTED RETCONS" and Doug's blog should be titled "I ONLY REPOST LINKS NOW, FUCK YOUR QUESTIONS."

This was basically mfw I read the ending for Oath of the Superfriends.
>>
>>44932317
And because Yawgmoth isn't around, Urza would be a villain.
He only wasn't before because there was a bigger fish in the pond. A bigger fish that he willingly joined, mind you.
>>
File: Urza goes to the mall.jpg (588KB, 3999x1323px) Image search: [Google]
Urza goes to the mall.jpg
588KB, 3999x1323px
>>44932354
>>44932399
I'm sure it was all according to plan

I mean everything "villainous" he did was in reaction to Mishra or someone else deciding to fuck something up

He was a very reactionary kind of asshole
>>
>>44932325
This.

The team winning at the end is fine. Killing 2 titans at the same is stupid , at least just kill Ulamog who was the most primal of the 3. I would love to see Zendikar destroyed but the plane has the land gimmick it fares well in polls.
>>
>>44932517
We need them celestial colonnade reprints one day
>>
>>44932517

>The gatewatch kills Ulamog with this tactic
>Kozilek recognizes it is at risk in this situation, and for the first time lowers itself to communicate with the inferior lifeforms it has been distorting.
>Kozilek says something foreshadowy but mostly shit-your-spine-out terrifying to the Gatewatch before taking its leave, providing the team a victory over one titan but one unaccounted for and one now very consciously bent on settling the score one day.
>>
>>44926569
I like to think that since they were inhabitants of the Blind Eternities, once they "die", they get reincarnated to the Blind Eternities.

Emrakul was probably waiting for them.
>>
>>44932602
I mean from what Ugin said I thought killing them was just like cutting the toe off something that's really fucking huge.

The point of the hedron network was to pin them by said toe to Zendikar so they couldn't wander off to other planes.

GUESS NOT
>>
File: 161110_CN.jpg (3MB, 720x977px) Image search: [Google]
161110_CN.jpg
3MB, 720x977px
>>44932556
And then in 7 years from now Kozilek rises from a yet unexplored plane while Emrakul is still missing. The 3 survivors of the original Gatewatch have returned, but this time they recruited more planeswalkers in order to defeat this threat that 10 years ago (in-game time) destroyed the plane known as Zendikar.
>>
>>44932556
imagine if he used a zendikari cultist as a mouthpiece to speak with them and just horrendously warped the person to bits after he was done talking with the gatewatch
>>
>>44932632
But then Jace said 'NO LET'S DRAG THE REST OF THEM INTO ZENDIKAR AND KILL THEM' and Ugin said it was dumb.
And then they dragged the rest of them into Zendikar and killed them.
>>
>>44932678
Better would be to speak through a noncultist native and then NOT horrendously warp them to bits.
Just...leave them desperately wanting to experience it again.
Especially if it was someone highly influential, like a military leader of some sort.
>>
>>44932678
It'd be awesome if while it was "talking" its body was constantly warping and shifting just brutally. Bones crunching, shit like that, and the voice just continued. Like Kozilek doesn't give a shit about mouths and vocal cords.

I don't know if I like the idea of a titan giving an "I'll get you next time" speech, but a brief ominous message about finding planeswalkers curious wouldn't be too bad.
>>
File: 3453f.gif (5MB, 432x250px) Image search: [Google]
3453f.gif
5MB, 432x250px
>>44932680
News flash: posterboy solves the problem, weather forecast at 11.
>>
>>44932733
I hope you're implying a triple dot, since Tazri with her latest UR is perfect for that role.
>>
>>44932680
I dont even get what "drag the rest of them into Zendikar" means. Like the Titans didn't get bigger, new parts of their body didn't appear.

I love Zendikar but can you imagine if this second set involved just that. Ulamog and Kozilek's toe bits are obviously big but through this little stunt they do manage to pull larger bits onto Zendikar

And instead of something as big as a mountain to kill the entire sky is filled with the mind fucking horror that is Kozilek and Ulamog's full form as eldrazi shit just rains down from the sky
>>
>>44932750

>"We did it..." Jace breathed, scarcely daring to believe it as the charred form of Ulamog crumbled.
>"Don't relax. Where's the other one?" Gideon muttered, looking around. The second titan had blocked out the sun before, but now it was...gone? Gideon stopped when he saw a Kor woman floating a couple inches off the ground, staring at the four of them with her face oddly blank.
>"Kytheon Iora," she said, her voice both a whisper in Gideon's ear and a scream from miles away. "Hieromancer. Origin: Theros." One of her eyes burst like a grape as a larger, lidless eye pushed out behind it to stare at him.
>Before Gideon could react, the woman's neck snapped and twisted loudly to turn her head impossibly far to face Nissa, who recoiled as the broken neck suddenly became long and snakelike.
>"Nissa Revane. Animist. Origin: Zendikar." She muttered in the same strange voice. Chandra hurled a fireball at the Kor woman, only for her to blink out of sight and reappear behind Chandra.
>"Chandra Nalaar. Pyromancer. Origin: Kaladesh." She remarked, sounding almost bored as one arm seemed to wither and twist in on itself until it was a strange knot of skin with bony spikes protruding.
>Jace hesitantly reached out to the Kor's mind, but withdrew quickly as he felt a horrible, perverse pleasure eminating from it. Even so, the Kor turned to him next, aging rapidly into a hag before suddenly regenerating into a young girl, unmarred.
>"Jace Beleren. Telepath. Origin...oh, my." The kor, now a little girl, actually giggled. "You don't know. But I do."
>Jace kept his mind shielded, but even so, that horrible sense of glee beat down on him once more...before the little girl's lips parted in a smile that split her head in half, teeth from hundreds of different animals forming a grin too big for her skull.
>"Fascinating." A deeper voice spoke this time, and the force of it ripped the body apart from the inside. The grin lingered in the viscera for a second before vanishing.
>>
>>44933159
That's pretty cool.
>>
File: 1390210967596.png (10KB, 204x155px) Image search: [Google]
1390210967596.png
10KB, 204x155px
>>44933159
Better than I was picturing.

Perfect.
>>
>>44933159
It's like those creepy reaper visions from the first mass effect but right in front of you
>>
>>44920331
He looks way better when he has normal facial hair. I hate his spiky chinstrap
>>
>>44933316
Or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvrIFIjTGt0, though Kozilek's should be a little more obtuse and unintelligible. I imagine Kozilek/his avatar speaking like the Weaver from Perdido Street Station, if anyone's ever read that
>>
>>44933347

Yeah, sovereign definitely came to mind. Maybe a tad less mechanical so it doesn't step on phyrexian toes
>>
>>44932307
The mess DID come to his doorstep. Several times.
>>
>>44932399
Urza would probably have joined Bolas to try and get his Oldwalker powers back.
>>
>>44932799
>I love Zendikar but can you imagine if this second set involved just that. Ulamog and Kozilek's toe bits are obviously big but through this little stunt they do manage to pull larger bits onto Zendikar
The eldrazi in the blind eternities are no set size. The first time around Ugin and his minions bound the eldrazi to a 3d body, then sealed them, locking them to Zendikar like the anchors to a Xdimensional boat.
Jace and co theorized the hedrons could put the entire eldrazi into the 3d bodies. Which they could and did, making them vulnerable.
>>
>>44933386
That made me think of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wisHcuBzTCM
>>
>>44933347

Yeah, I feel like Kozilek's voice would be similar to Sovereign's in how intimidating it is but I feel like the Eldrazi's voice would be either a creepy ethereal legion or something...distressingly organic.
>>
>>44933159

Accepting most of this into headcanon, except having Ulamog survive but majorly weakened.

Although to be completely honest, this is how it should have gone down. Kozilek realizes what's happening and nopes out of there, Ulamog is too dumb to realize their stupid plot, he gets like half pulled into Zendikar, his exposed bits are burned until he flees, and Zendikar is free of Eldrazi until a possible final confrontation.

Then Eldrazi presence post OftG would be:

Ulamog: Weakened and 'scared', fucked off to who knows where
Kozilek: Still at his full power, but now 1. looking to actively harm the homes of those that hurt his brother, and 2. planning to be MUCH more discreet on the next plane he goes to (Vryn obviously)
Emrakul: Nobody knows where she is and/or she's the Shadow over Innistrad, but she dwarfs her brothers to such an extent that it'll take a lot of work to concentrate her influence enough to weaken/kill her.

Then we'd have an injured puppy looking for revenge, a spiteful child learning about ants, and chillingly missing mother while we rebuild our anthills and wait for one of them to strike again..
>>
>>44933159
This is what happens in the Actual Multiverse.
What Wizards ends up putting down is just an alternate reality caused by Kozilek's leaving Zendikar to make the Gatewatch think they won.
>>
>>44933872

>Chandra and Jace happen to come upon Kozilek together when they find it again, getting ready to do the best they can with mind magic and flames as one of Kozilek's puppets turns toward them.
>"I have...a gift for you."
>Chandra gets caught in a distortion that briefly forces her to experience what it felt like from Ulamog's perspective when she channeled all of Zendikar's mana to immolate it
>Jace gets his full memories back. And the memories of everyone on Vryn. Simultaneously.
>Kozilek knew Jace wouldn't think to search for it there. It took its time with the plane.
>>
>>44918025
Grixis is the color for the hero who has been slowly bent and broken by time. Grixis is the sign of the murderhobo
>>
>>44938237
What?
>>
>>44920512
Its not stealing color identity if its green, faggot
>>
File: 1452293441340.jpg (31KB, 297x509px) Image search: [Google]
1452293441340.jpg
31KB, 297x509px
>>44933442
>mfw Urza returns as the new Father of Machines
>>
>>44926460
It really fucks my shit up trying to comprehend that dominaria had electricity and shit and they used swords. A machine gun would really fuck shit up compared to a sword and probably give you vigilance and first strike.
>>
>>44931469
>you cant kill them says ugin
>if you get rid of them their spawn will shrivel up and disapear
>in the future visions of tazri the spawn stay behind when the titans leave
They did EXACTLY what ugin said not to, they fucking spooked them off.
>>
>>44938268
1. Did I say it was stealing color identity?
2. I just wish it was red because it pretty much IS Koth's +1 ability
3. Rude.
>>
File: 1441804558885.jpg (112KB, 770x740px) Image search: [Google]
1441804558885.jpg
112KB, 770x740px
>>44938351
>Urza's head attached to the body of a Negator
>unifies New Phyrexia
>Takes Venser's body and uses his brain to make Plane traversing ships
>>
>>44938442
Dude, it's been years in time. Venser's brain has either decayed, or been ground up to make Phyrexian soup.
>>
>>44938475
Phyrexia wasn't one to let useful body parts go to waste. I'm sure his head was probed
>>
>>44938255
In tabletop RPGs the strongest heros have no family to love, land to protect, or friends to lose. They wander the lands murdering anything that gets in their way and at the end of the day slaying the lich that was raping all those orphans. People on this board them murderhobos because of this.
>>
>>44938494
No point, just another dead mirran in the war, flay the flesh, use it to build more Obliterators, throw what can't be used in the vat.
>>
>>44938430
Why do you have to attack a green card then just because a red PLANESWALKER had an ability sort of like this card. Red is fine stop trying to be Maro.
>>
>>44938548
They knew Venser was a Walker. I'm sure they didn't just melt him down for biofuel
>>
>>44938507
Oh, I knew that, I was just kind of confused as to why.
Jund seems more murderhobo colors to me. They do it because they want to, for profit and because they can. is definitely more Jund than Grixis, which has an underlying "trying to learn something or set up thousand year plans" undercurrent to it.
>>
>>44938553
1. I'm not attacking the card, I said I wanted something like it in red. Stop being so defensive.
2. It being Koth's + ability means it's iconic enough in red to be a constant thing you can do.
3. If you really want something to argue, then it feels a tad more red because of the haste and end of turn clauses. I think the green version should not grant haste not like the haste is relevant anyway but it does let the land stick around after the end of turn.
>>
>>44938579
Do they? They knew Tezzeret was one, but I remember nothing about them ever meeting Venser enough to say "That's a planeswalker." Even then, there's more interesting things about him to study than some interplanar ship plans that don't even work anyway because that's not how the multiverse works anymore.
>>
>>44938669
Why wouldn't they study the ships? They have no other way off and it's not like they're short on time or anything. Yawgmoth spent millennia building the portals
>>
>>44938713
They'd probably prefer dissecting the body for flaying in hopes of finding a planeswalking organ.
If they could study his nonliving mind, which I don't think has been done in magic, ever, they'd just get to the same conclusions that he did, and phyrexians lack creativity, with the exception of the now-defunct, red ones most likely.
>>
>>44938585
Urza was grixis and he saved the multiverse from phyrexia, even if it took using a creature that can create planes as a battery for his nukes
Tetsuo umezawa liberated his clan and village on dominaria from bolas's admittedly asshole vengeance fueled grip he had on them
Bolas is saving the multiverse from ugin. Ugin wanted to help the eldrazi and hindered all those who would assist him. He drove a neowalker from a divergent timeline insane to create a custom made get out of death free card, subjugating an entire plane's sentient population and driving several races extinct, just to win a walker duel. Teferi didnt throw tolaria at bolas as a last ditch effort to buy a few more seconds of life.
>>
>>44938773
Old Phyrexia has probed dead brains before I believe.
>>
>>44938825
I didn't say Grixis was automatically super evil, just that it doesn't really fit the murder-hobo mindset of go in-crush shit, leave to hobo. There's no scheming, even the good kind of scheming. Plans are short term at best, which drives blue up the wall for being such erratic fucknuggets.

Murderhoboing is basically all that Jund is about, while Grixis has people in charge that lead dark armies with iron fists and scheme and plot against each other. Technically you can be a wandering warrior in grixis, but to grixis, it's more important to do so efficiently.

Also, Urza was everything but green. He died before he got to green so green, disappointed, reincarnated it's own Urza to not be left out. We know this as Nissa.
>>
>>44938906
On a planeswalker scale, grixis is murderhoboing. You set a plane on fire when they stop giving you mana and marry a QT monster girl when you get bored of killing everything. If anything jund is the mentality of the wandering mob of beastmen. Jund kills and eats.
>>
>>44939012
>Marriage
>An illogical tradition that serves no purpose anymore
That's green mate. Or white. Remember, blue is the color of knowledge. But it is also the color of fedora tipping comments.

Green, while "nature" is also the color of tradition and the ways being they are because they are.
In the murder hobo model, red is "because I want to" and Black is "for profit." Green is "Because that's how the world works." Bad people do things you don't like (red), and you beat the shit out of them because you're strong enough to do so (green), then kill them for profit (black)

Blue would instead be a "Bad people do stuff you don't like (red), so you enact a plan to stop them from doing it ever again (blue), and you will see this plan through by any means necessary (black)
Murderhoboing is greens now, vs blue's tomorrow.
>>
>>44938018
>Chandra casts wild ricochet, Kozilek is now on double fire
>>
>>44913703
For the well being of all, and the future generations to come. I will keep watch.
>>
File: phyrexia.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
phyrexia.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
Daily reminder that All will be One
>>
>>44939098
Well you never REALLY marry a monster girl, you just fuck it.
>>
>>44913703
For the sake of I like to find new planes to explore and fuck their women, I will keep watch.
Thread posts: 297
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.