[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would 40k be different if the Emperor finished his Webway?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 24

File: 1421314588413.jpg (325KB, 1220x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1421314588413.jpg
325KB, 1220x1120px
How would 40k be different if the Emperor finished his Webway?
>>
>>44871234
Nah, The Emperor was just creating an Imperial entrance to the Webway. The Eldar and Necrons would easily fuck over the Imperium by sealing that entrance/section of the webway.
>>
>>44871234
more demons in the web way
more predictable threats in the web way
>>
>>44871234
well the custodes would just sit around all day doing nothing

unless in this scenario he fixed it after it broke
>>
>>44871251
Kek, it seems like the emperor didn't think about his plan very well. He risked so much for nothing.
>>
>>44871234
Humans win everything forever, pretty much.
>>
>>44871440
including, but not limited to
Football
Running
Weddings
Arson
and Art
>>
>>44871385
>>44871251
If humanity could enter the webway, it would become IMPOSSIBLE for human worlds to become split off from one another, and the Warp would be obsolete.

Eldar and Necrons could not stop a united Mankind with millions of space marines unified into Legions from securing large portions of the webway for human use.

Humanity would evolve into a psionic rate, and Chaos would be GG, weakened to the point of harmlessness.
>>
What if Ynnead is just a reborn Emperor?
>>
>>44871513
No, the Eldar would sneak into the Webway section of the Imperium and seal it off.

The Eldar know more about the Webway than the Emperor ever will. They know the locations of nearly all Webway gates and how to bobby trap them or close them.
>>
>>44871234
The guard could literally march from one planet to another.

Also billions upon billions of guards on the webway is too much even for eldars.
>>
>>44871566
>Implying that Isha isn't the Big E's wife in this timeline.
>>
File: steve.gif (883KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
steve.gif
883KB, 500x269px
>>44871476
vintage meme
>>
>>44871234
complete galactic domination

every single imperial world would be united with a near instantaneous and harm free form of travel
>>
>>44871234
assuming the betrayal didn't happen, everything is fine on a galactic scale for the first thousand years as the primarchs that have skills that are useful in times of peace team up to make the Imperium run smoothly, Magnus and the 1K sons (after a stern talking and beatdown by the emperor), become travelling wisemen collecting and training psykers against the dangers of the warp.

the primarchs and legions that are not suited for peace time duties are either spending their time fortifying the Imperium, or leading expansions into the webway while beating off CE, DE, and Necrons fighting them (if the crons are even awake right now)

legions that had their primarch become administrators of the imprium are restructured and combined into two groups, one group basically functioning like the modern Chapters, the other is part of an expeditionary fleet that slowly expands the borders of the imperium
>>
>>44871566
You can't 'seal it off', its a tunnel between dimensions that leads right into the Emperor's throne room.

Its literally just a big tube connecting Terra to the Webway. You have any idea how HARD securing that narrow stretch of tubing would be?
>>
>>44871513
>If humanity could enter the webway, it would become IMPOSSIBLE for human worlds to become split off from one another

You are aware that the webway does not reach every planet and every part of the galaxy, yes? Large portions of it have been overtaken by the warp or lead into extremely hostile dimensions. Even the Eldar have to rely on sublight or warp travel to reach some parts of the galaxy, even though the latter is extremely dangerous for them.
>>
>>44871566
>The Eldar know more about the Webway than the Emperor ever will.
Considering that in this scenario he actually does open up a new way into the webway, and the eldar don't know how to do that anymore, no.
>>
>>44871645
Yes, they can.

The Eldar have done this numerous times to Webway sections and gateways compromised by daemons and Necrons.

Sorry, anon, the Eldar will not allow the Imperium to swarm the Webway willy-nilly. The imperium just has one gateway. Seal it and they are screwed.
>>
>>44871698
Its not sealing it thats the problem, its sealing the gateway when its

1. In the Emperor's throne room
2. Under the personal protection of MAGNUS and
3. Swarming with industrial numbers of Space Marines.

30k is a different beast than 40k, Mankind could not be opposed within spitting distance of Holy Terra while the Emperor is still walking around.
>>
>>44871698
>Seal it and they are screwed.

Well, in theory if the Emperor was able to build an artificial extension into the webway, it isn't hard to imagine that he could unseal any barriers the Eldar threw up. Given enough time, at least.
>>
>>44871695
>and the eldar don't know how to do that anymore, no.

Bullshit.

Dark Eldar have been creating realms in the Webway and making entrances since forever.

Your Emperor wanking does not apply here.
>>
>>44871566
>No, the Eldar would sneak into the Webway section of the Imperium and seal it off.
They can't even prevent the necrons from opening new holes on the webway.
>>
File: Prostagma.jpg (6KB, 180x159px) Image search: [Google]
Prostagma.jpg
6KB, 180x159px
>>44871698
>the eldar are going to storm the webway gate, which is located in the middle of the most fortified place in the galaxy
>whose owner of the gate is the pen-ultimate psyker in the galaxy

>and not get but raped so hard that it breaks the elf rape rule
>>
>>44871733
>>44871745
I think you're misunderstanding; obviously trying to storm the Imperial Palace and seal the gate the Emperor created would be impossible, but theoretically the Eldar could seal off the whole webway spar which the artificial portion breached.

Though, as I said, given enough time the Emperor could probably devise a way around whatever barriers the Eldar threw up.
>>
>>44871741
They destroyed many Dolmen Gates or sealed the sections they lead to.

The problem with the Necrons is that they have many Dolmen Gates so the Eldar cannot get them all. That's not a problem with the Imperium because they had one gate.

>>44871733
>>44871745
The Emperor did not have forces stationed in the Imperial Webway until it exploded. Would would stop the Eldar from walking in to either seal the section and cut it off the Webway forever? Nothing.
>>
>>44871775
If the Emperor is still alive by then he could just make his own corridors and access this corridors corridors, I mean he did make his very own corridor.
>>
>>44871775
>>44871798

yeah, then it's back to the original problem

>create artificial hole into the webway
>secure the immediate area in front of the webway, proceed cautiously because of demons (artwork of ultramarines fighting demons in the imperial webway)
>discover another wall further in
>emperor busts down that wall, rinse and repeat earlier steps
>another wall, rinse and repeat
>etc ets

eventually either the Eldar are going to give up, (which some will some won't) the emperor get's fed up and teaches Magnus who teaches his legion to push down walls faster
>>
>>44871806
I just read my post and I feel like a complete idiot.

What I mean to say is that sealing them won't work when you can just make more and conect them again.
>>
>>44871830
Here is a elegant solution.

The Dark Eldar deliver one of those blackholes in a box to Imperial section.
>>
>>44871830
By then the Emperor could just give the ultimatum "surrender or die" the legions could just siege the eldar craftworlds from both outside and inside.
>>
Its important to remember that the Emperor's entrance to the Webway was apparently not connected yet. If the Emperor was smart he wouldnt have connected his tunnel until he had it fortified and ready for any xenos attack.

The question then becomes, can the Eldar sneak past the defenses and seal it off? Well it depends on how well its defended.

If the Eldar fail then its all over. The Emperor's webway plan is weak enough to be stopped only during that initial connection. Once his forces expand further in cleansing and fortifying then its all over. The Eldar just do not have the numbers to push through to the original entrance and seal it.
>>
>>44871849
sure, that forces the emperor to cut off that area from realspace.

but then you have the Emperor pissed beyond belief for ruining his Magnum Opus that would have saved humanity from reliance on the Warp

and do you really want him leading a crusade into Commorragh for revenge?
>>
>>44871880
>>44871849

shit, typed that compelety wrong

meant to say that you opened a black hole in the middle of Terra, destroying it.

which is infinitly worse than just destroying the Imperial Webway

there would be no DE left
>>
>>44871880
>and do you really want him leading a crusade into Commorragh for revenge?

>Implying the Imperium can face invade the Dark City

First, they have to find it.

Second, Craftworlds gave the legions a hard time. The Commorragh Eldar and Covens will absolutely murdered them.
>>
>>44871922
>Imperium can invade the Dark City
>what is the Raid of Commaragh
>>
>>44871948
Something Vect "Just as Planned"? Vect allowed them to enter the Dark City.
>>
>>44871964
Vect knew that if the imperium had a reason and something to give them a general direction, they could find the city

are you going to sit there and type to me that if the Empeor wanted to, motivated by either the destruction of the imperial Webway, or even worse, the destruction of Terra via Blackhole Box, he couldn't find the City?
>>
>>44872003
Even if he found the city, he will risk his legions being wiped out invading it.

Dark Eldar are serious business. He will have a much easier time invading the Realm of Chaos, then invading the Dark City.
>>
File: you have offended the omnisiah.jpg (28KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
you have offended the omnisiah.jpg
28KB, 219x230px
>>44872057
>18 full legions with associated fleets, because no way are they not going to follow the emperor
>tens of thousands of Imperial Navy ships
>another tens of thousands of ships specfically just to carry troops and equipment
>separate AdMech forces called upon by the emperor, thousands of legions of Skitarii with hundreds of Titans
>with the Emperor and Custodes at the helm

>not destroying Commorragh
>>
Wait wouldn't the eldar have to bend their knee if this scenario became true?
This or start using warp based travel again.
>>
>>44872057
>Commorragh got its shit rekt by a relatively small incursion of a single battle barge and 3 strike cruiser along with 100 Astartes
>thinking that full legions wouldn't obliterate it

The DEldar's strength is in being hidden. Take that away and it's game ogre.
>>
>>44871476
But what about bear blasting?
>>
>>44872181
Hump catting is where its at. No debate.
>>
>>44872138

The Eldar would never bend the knee, so they'd be wiped out or go full guerilla style.

Not even the most devote Eldar fan can deny that if the Webway connection was finished and the Eldar failed in sabotaging it they'd be destroyed. They just do not have the numbers to fight such a war.
>>
>>44872170
A single chapter of marines being unleashed in Commoragh would be a raping that even the DE would envy and respect. The Dark City wouldn't be so dark razed and ablaze.
>>
>>44872215
And what about the admech? I mean if the emperor was able to finish his webway project that would mean he would start to end the mechanicum cult.
I mean by this point the admech would already fullfilled their purpose and the emperor Wouldn't tolerate their religion anymore.
>>
The Silent King foresees this instead of the Tyranids being the end of the Necrons, and scoots over to Earth and blows it up before heading out of the Galaxy.

Though, truth be told, I see no reason why that hasn't already happened.
>>
>>44872287
I don't think the silent king can stop 18 space marines legions with their primarchs the full might of the admech and imperial navy and the unccountable numbers of the imperial army.
>>
>>44872268

Even with the webway finished he'd still need the admech for all the weapon making and shit.

Just because he gets the webway doesn't mean peace is brought to the galaxy. Its just humanity becomes far more mobile and quick in responding to threats.

I mean shit he'd still need the legions to cleanse the webway
>>
>>44872287
Because no matter what that will never happen. No real ground will ever be gained by any faction. Even if some get fucked up the precarious balance will remain right where it always has. Humanity will never free itself from its self imposed shackles, chaos will never not be gnawing at everyones throats menacingly but ultimately harmless, eldars of all stripes will always be on downwares spiral but never hit rock bottom, tau will never truly become a burgeoning and powerful empire, the necrons will never take their rightful throne at the helm of their galaxy, the tyranids will never become such a problem that they actually are a threat to anyone, the galaxy will forever stay in its perfectly cemented place at edge of oblivion. Because GW can't into furthering plot ever.
>>
>>44872321
No I mean sixty million years ago.

I also mean, he could just fire a space cannon from across the segmentum and do it. That or go to the celestial orrery and flip Earths off switch.

He's killed gods. The Emperor isn't quite there yet.
>>
>>44871566
Nigger fucking orks have invaded the Webway. It isn't nearly as secure as you think it is.
>>
>>44872322
But how would the mechanicum cult progress by this point, the emperor always wanted to end chaos and if religion feeds chaos he would have at some point pull the plug of all that omnissiah talk the toaster fuckers like so much.
>>
>>44872343

>implying the silent king is stupid enough to wipe out the biggest, strongest opposition to the Tyranids

The Necrons are arrogant but the SKs ego was tempered by pragmatism. If the Imperium had the webway he'd let them bear the brunt of the Tyranid invasion to buy himself time. He wouldnt just destroy them and clear the way for the horde.
>>
>>44872367

And the Emperor was smart enough to know the admech's worship is a price worth paying for their expertise.
He wouldnt cut them off even if they had no way to 'progress'. He needs them.
>>
File: image.jpg (277KB, 811x1118px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 811x1118px
>>44872368
Humans have destroyed a lot of tomb worlds already, but I suppose that is the only good justification for him not having dealt with them already.
>>
>>44871922
What? Commorragh's only defense is that no one can get to it. Were a full Legion of one hundred thousand Astartes to invade the Dark Eldar would be absolutely buttfucked.
>>
>>44871513
Necrons could stop them laughably easily. Remember that time they stilled that section of warp rendering human ships useless? Or all the other necron superweapons. Like the orrery which could be used to delete the emperor?

I'm tempted to think eldar might win a prolonged webway guerrilla war too.

Either side could also collapse the section of webway from afar.
>>
>>44872388
How? Dark Eldar tech is far superior, there's a ton of the bastards, and you're fighting them in the place where their entire race and all their weapons are concentrated.
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 550x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 550x340px
>>44872414
>Necrons.
>>
>>44871745
Who is the most powerful psyker ?
>>
>>44872368
Orikan has foreseen the rise of humanity and the Horus Hersey while he was mucking about in the War in Heaven. Orkian was the adviser of the Silent King, if humanity were a threat to the Necrons, he would have told the Silent King.

The Silent King said the the humanity ascendance as the prime rulers of the galaxy cannot be and will never be. I mean there was a fear that the humans might esblish themselves to powerfully that it would be difficult for the Necrons to return. The Webway in the hands of the humans would screw over the Necrons greatly.

All the Silent King has to do is tell his Triarch Praetorian to wipe out a single planet before he departs the galaxy and it is done.
>>
>>44872388
Commorragh's main defense is that it doesn't follow conventional geometry and the number of dark eldar in it are theoretically limitless. Also it has numerous things like regenerating armies and monster popping out of the homunculi pits, traps everywhere, poison everywhere, indigenous monsters, collapsible pocket realities, portals that armies can jump through to ambush from anywhere, and much more. The only time the imperium did well against it was when the leader expressly wanted them to do well. Not saying a full scale invasion wouldn't be effective if it was somehow possible but the city is hardly defenseless.
>>
>>44872469
No, Vect wasn't the leader at the time, but he did orchestrate the raid basically happening right in the middle of the Upper class residential district so lots of his opponents got killed. Thus allowing him to become leader.
>>
>>44872380
Let's say that with the human webway finished the emperor starts to look for the ramaining STC's, and after some centuries he finds them all. Wouldn't he then try to start changing the mechanicum mindset, from preserving technology to creating new ones but always keeping the ban on A.I.
>>
>>44872466
Let's not forget that Orikan is a cheatyfaced little dickblister who is absolutely playing his own game. And Necron natures aren't like human whims; they're hard-coded programming to the point that Tzeentch canonically can't even get hard to their courtly intrigues because it's all too predictable. If Orikan perceived humanity threatening eventual Necron primacy in the Milky Way, and he could somehow benefit from it, he would absolutely keep it to himself.
>>
>>44872548
I thought it was because they lacked souls? Plenty of the Necrons are better tacticians and scientists than any human. I don't see why they'd be so dumb in terms of court intrigue.

I suppose you're right, but ultimately Orikan needs the Necrons to rule the Galaxy so he can be a part of that. So his continued existence, as well as humanities, indicates that they aren't a threat to that in the long term.

Not to mention that I believe it's mentioned somewhere that the only person who he's truly loyal to is the Silent King.
>>
File: 1426967037634563456.jpg (2MB, 1487x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1426967037634563456.jpg
2MB, 1487x2500px
>majority of stupid nigger heretics in the thread talking shit about BIG E

how /tg/ has fallen. you realize the emperor made /tg/ possible right? thats not even a joke and anyone taking the HH novels seriously needs to be castrated

anyway of course the emperor would have been counting on being alive once the webway was open and in that scenario no elf faggots or dumb robots would have been a major hindrance to him

if anything he could have just used to webway to just pop around the universe vaporizing all his enemies one after another.

can you imagine him stepping into Commorragh?
>>
>>44872548
>And Necron natures aren't like human whims; they're hard-coded programming to the point that Tzeentch canonicall
>than any human. I don't see why they'd be so dumb in terms of court intrigue.

It's not programming. The Necrons are steely stubborn in their following of their ancient codes, tradition, and protocols no matter what. This is explained Newcron lore which states Necrons are this way because traditions and protocols are what left for them of their past lives, so they embraced them tightly.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 549x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 549x604px
>>44872620
Good lord anon. I hate the HH as much as the next guy but you need to chill.
>>
>>44871251
They have to control both sides of a gate to seal it. There are a shit ton of holes in the web-way that lead to the warp that the Eldar can't seal and instead just block off the whole branch of the web-way that the hole is in. For example Cormoraugh sits right on top of one of these holes and they just block the hole and point some guns at it and hope nothing big notices it and tries to break through.

Also nothing says the imperium, if successful at making one gate, wouldn't just do it again with a hundred simultaneous ones across the galaxy.
>>
>>44872638
the HH have made all the primarchs and the emperor a fucking joke. they will never recover from that. from now until the end of time, the emperor was a dumb idiot who couldnt find his way out of a paper bag and all the primarchs are edgy preteen crybabies

fuck you and fuck those books
>>
>>44872644
>wouldn't just do it again with a hundred simultaneous ones across the galaxy.

The Emperor barely made one.
>>
File: 1379453767108.jpg (24KB, 416x304px) Image search: [Google]
1379453767108.jpg
24KB, 416x304px
the biggest problem is you have all put more effort into this thread than any GW lore writers
>>
>>44872656
The Write brothers also barely made one airplane it only takes time to perfect a new tech.
>>
>>44872656

The Emperor took all that time figuring out how to do it, once he has the process figured out and refines it he could easily repeat it on other worlds
>>
>>44872678
I mean, unless it requires incredibly sensitive materials and manufacturing.

They could barely outfit all of the space marines with volkite guns at the height of their power.
>>
>>44872703

If it took sensitive materials and manufacturing it could still be done, just take longer.

So instead of a hundred gateways it would be a dozen. Still plenty of inroads for the Imperium.
>>
>>44872703
>They could barely outfit all of the space marines with volkite guns at the height of their power.

that may or may not be true but the actual lore reason they started to just use bolters was because bolters were a lot more versatile (better range and accuracy, higher shot capacity, and better against armor)
>>
>>44872673
It's Wright not write... Come correct when on this board anon
>>
>>44871566
>'bobby trap.'

Okay. Top kek
>>
>>44871234
It would be shit because the Emperor is shit and all his sons are shit and the Heresy is shit and modern GW is shit. So very little would change.
>>
>>44872943
>That's my Webway! I don't know you!
>>
>>44872057
What is this utter fanwank
>>
>>44873046

Deldar fans. They went mad after GW removed Sliscus. Poor bastards.
>>
>>44872673
Yet you know who he was referring to, you utter pedant
>>
>>44871698
chaos cant manage to do effectively the same thing though
>>
File: dark_eldar_raiders.jpg (272KB, 1186x819px) Image search: [Google]
dark_eldar_raiders.jpg
272KB, 1186x819px
>>44872620
>anyone taking the HH novels seriously needs to be castrated
>happily talks about the Emperor using the webway

Where do you think the whole idea of the Imperial Webway came from?

Not from the novels actually, but some people seem to think it did, since it was never in Index Astartes or any codex or rulebook. And most of those who think it was already there (which it was) probably only do so as a result of getting their fluff second-hand rather than any knowledge of the source.
>>
>>44872451
I am taking the bait, but...
Big-E.
>>
If it were so easy for the eldar to close the warp portal beneath terra, they would have done it by now. if The eldar believe that when the emperor dies a new eye of terror will open up, wouldn't it be in their best interest to seal it off?
If the emperor gets into the webway, the best the eldar can do is direct them away from important things like exodite worlds, craft worlds and the black library. The eldar during the great crusade were barely recovering from the fall, they would have no way of directly challenging the imperium even in the webway. The harlequins weren't a major force for another thousand years. Most of commoragh wasn't united, and they weren't yet led by someone as capable and competent as Vect.
Assuming the horus Heresy doesn't happen, the eldar are now the biggest threat to imperial ascension. The eldar either realize this and focus on a guerrilla war/try to hide, or they attempt to force the imperium to leave down and get BTFO when the might of 18 space marine legions bears down on them. There are few ways this scenario ends well for the eldar
>>
>>44872513
That's the more likely way he'd go.
Given that he's immortal, he can afford to take his time in slowly shifting opinions to less insane and dogmatic ones.
>>
>>44873583
If the HH them fulgrim massacring eldar wouldn't happened either, the imperium and the eldar wouldn't became allies but there could be non agression pacts.
>>
>>44873583
>If it were so easy for the eldar to close the warp portal beneath terra, they would have done it by now.

But it's impossible for them to access the Emperor's section because he never managed to connect it to the webway. They would have to somehow get to Terra and go into the imperial palace undetected if they wanted to tamper with it.
>>
>>44871234
I don't have the pics, which is a shame, but one anon, using cold, hard logic, showed that if no Primarchs had become traitor, and the webway was finished, the Imperium would end up even WORSE than it is now, with space marines becoming increasingly devoid of humanity, and unrest going on everywhere.

Said like that, it sounds shit but his explanation was so logical that everyone in the thread said that he was on point. Shame I didn't save it.
>>
>>44873673
While I'd like to see it, it seems very unlikely that the emperor didn't have plans for that.
The thunder warriors were made with the knowledge that they would become obsolete, and there's no reason to think he wouldn't make plans for phasing out the marines too.
>>
File: real question.jpg (160KB, 797x1000px) Image search: [Google]
real question.jpg
160KB, 797x1000px
>>44872620
>>44872652
You're taking the brand integrity of a fictional person from a table top wargame way too seriously anon.
>>
>>44873688
It was in a thread aqking what would have happened if all Primarch stayed loyalist. It was quite lengthy, like 2 or 3 posts long, with emphasis on styff like the rebels using the warp and the Imperials using the webway, maybe I can find the thread on the archive If I knew how it worked ;_;
>>
>>44871745
Do you know what penultimate even means?
>>
>>44872620
>Can you imagine him stepping into Commoragh?
>Vect drops a black hole on Emps
>Emps dies horribly

This whole belief that the Emperor could handle everything is nothing short of sheer fanboyism, people who don't understand that the Emperor could easily be wiped out if he were an idiot.
>>
>>44873750
Shit, forgot to remove the name. My bad.
>>
>>44872057
Has Carnac taken up DEldar wanking now? Or is it just because he's an edgy anti-Imperium faggot?
>>
>>44872469
Wait. so is commoragh wholly in the webways, wholly in reality but connected by the webways in a seamless way, or both?
>>
>>44872451
the hive mind

if that doesent count then the emperor probably emps was certaintly the most powerful human able to control his powers there might have been those with more raw power then him but they would be gibbering madmen who need to be put down even if it costs 5 planets
>>
>>44872943
>Why are we stopping?
>"Maam, are you aware that your ship is going 1 knot over the limit?"
>Limit? It's the Webway! There are no limits!
>>
>>44872659
thats a depressing thought
>>
>>44871830
>>44871830
>Magnus who teaches his legion to push down walls faste
So Magnus is the greatest enemy of Trump?
>>
>>44874120
Yes. And trumps a dark eldar. It all makes sense now. would YOU want mexican space marines hungry for blood stealing YOUR job? I don't think so. Vot3 Trump 2016.
>>
>>44874145
Why did my E turn into a 3?
>>
>>44874145
>Make Commorragh great again.
>>
>>44872263
Impossible bro. There are always murder-parties in Cammoragh, and its always in fire.

Also theyd be dead in the first 3 seconds.
>>
>>44873756
You from the Penal regiment thread?
>>
>>44873998
No just the webway. Shits fucked up in there.
no laws of physics.
>>
>>44872652
>mad about the books that literally put 40k on the map

hahaha
>>
>>44876077
That would be dawn of war
>>
>>44873998
Commoragh isn't even a city with streets and shit. The only way to know your way around is to have been shown it at birth. It's literally just a whole bunch of loosely collected dimensions that are connected through portals. Even if mankind somehow got into fucking commoragh, the covens have infinitely as many pain engines as people think they do, and there are trillions of dark eldar there. They can birth hundreds of thousands a day if they needed to, they have a special system known has halfborning them through haemonculi.

Sure, the entire fucking imperium against commoragh would be impossible for dark eldar to win normally, but the guard would melt even faster than they normally do. If the dark eldar were prepared {And seriously, they'd have to be autistic to not notice the entire imperium forced attacking them}, they could gather all trillion kabalites, of which even the smallest kabals have thousands, and fuck them up.

IF shit goes down bad, they can just lock off that section of commoragh and buy time until they can create more kabal and RESSERUCT THE DEAD THROUGH HAEMONCULI
>>
>>44871880
Pretty sure he'd be dead dude.

Big E is not Clark Kent. He cannot survive a black hole.
>>
>>44876692
Can't he teleport? Or can he only teleport others?
>>44876614
Doesn't the imperium have planet fucker weapons? If they haul all the ships one of them has to be able to do something with at least one of those. Or would it only fuck up the webway dimension it hit.... This is some fucked up shit. Would we have to blow up one then go to the next? Like killing ant colonies. Or could we just do one big fuck you invasion, ignore the numbers lets assume humanity has enough for the job, and get it all in one sweep?
>>
>>44876997
He can possibly open a rift to the Warp and suck the black hole into the Warp. I'm not sure which one will suck more though.
>>
>>44871234
Chaos would continue to grow stronger as the policies and culture of the imperium pretty much only produce negative emotion. The greatest threat to the universe of Warhammer is humanity itself and a more powerful imperium results in a stronger chaos.
>>
>>44877183
The Imperium is not as powerful as it used to be and Chaos is strong as ever. Not entirely sure if you're right. An Imperial Webway would make some problems the Imperium is having.
>Chaos would continue to grow stronger as the policies and culture of the imperium pretty much only produce negative emotion
Assuming if the Imperial Webway is up I would imagine Emps started his plan to strip humanity of its strong emotions and Chaos would lose a major fuel supply.
>>
>>44871948
that happened post horus heresy so whether they know it or not is up in the air
>>
>>44872057
read these
>>44872120
>>44872170
and take into account that some DE may betray the rest either to save their own hides
>>
File: necron1.jpg (18KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
necron1.jpg
18KB, 300x280px
>>44872321

The Void dragon could.
>>
>>44877466
>rest either to save their own hides

In Path of Archaon, when the city faced an existential threat, the prevailing sentiment that the city comes first.
>>
>>44873046
It's actually canon that there are more Deldar in the galaxy than Humans
>>
>>44877597
what was the threat because Big e rolling through with all his sons and who knows how many troops war machines and ships might just be more then they could handle
>>
>>44876997
>>44877146
I'm not sure he'd have time.

Anyone on the same planet as one that a black hole spontaneously appears on has less than a second of time before being instantly blasted into atoms either by the immense tidal forces or, if it is actively accreting, one of the most energetic process in the known universe. Earth would be gone so quick it'd be like you'd blinked and it's not there anymore.
>>
I m still kinda new to WH40k but couldn't Imperium just send like 10000 HIV infested humans and then wait about 100 years ?
>>
>>44877627
A city wide Tzeentchian and Nurglite daemon invasion.
>>
>>44876614
Uhh... wasn't there that one Ork attack that broke in through a portal in M38? It was only in the "hundreds of thousands" and listed as causing heavy damage before the Kabals managed to isolate the groups and pick them off... a group that 'small' (relatively speaking) sounds like it should've been childs play for "trillions" of DE to deal with
>>
>>44877827
The Orks caused so much damage because the Dark Eldar underestimated them and then used the invasion to settle old scores.

Once the Orks started doing too much damage, the Dark Eldar had enough and put them down.
>>
>>44877741
I figured this was happening in the webways. Would a blackhole in the webway leak into realspace? Do we have anyway of accurately estimating emps reaction time?
This really is one of those damned rabbit hole scenarios.
>>
>>44876614
hahahhahaha

sure buddy
>>
>>44877775
Nah. The dark eldar die all the time. They're immortal in that the body dies but the soul just reincarnates into a new body. you're just making the turnover rate a bit faster.
>>
>>44877956
They're also super technologically advanced even after falling like they did. They probably could cure it. Hell we're right now able to surpress it into almost nothing.
>>
>>44876077
that would be eisenhorn the dawn of war games anon
>>
File: 14834567245635894679057645.jpg (307KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
14834567245635894679057645.jpg
307KB, 853x543px
>all this utterly retarded dark eldar shit

am i seeing the birth of a new spicy meme or is this some hard core samefagging? i guess the latter

also the emperor was/is the most powerful being in all of creation. how is there even a debate if hes the most powerful psyker unless you are just trying to troll?

the whole point to his character is that hes disgustingly powerful. in the current time line he has his power stretched across the entire galaxy helping to guide human warp travel. its not propaganda that the emperor is still alive and making warp travel possible, its canon and is talked about all the time

he can erase a legion of the most powerful demon princes from the warp with the raising of any eyebrow.

hes like saitama or alucard. his character exists to be unstoppable. this is whats supposed to make his fight with horus tragic. he could have blinked him out of existence (and did) but he was trying to save him until the very end and intentionally left himself open for horus to clobber him
>>
File: WDXmaE6.jpg (57KB, 315x508px) Image search: [Google]
WDXmaE6.jpg
57KB, 315x508px
>>44876077
>HH
>put 40k on the map
you're joking, right
>>
>>44878320
No, no I think Horus actually just managed to beat him.

Though, Horus wasn't really Horus at that point either. He was the physical embodiment of all four Chaos gods in the material world.
>>
File: 144693576356735780.jpg (1MB, 3406x1000px) Image search: [Google]
144693576356735780.jpg
1MB, 3406x1000px
>>44878431
>No, no I think Horus actually just managed to beat him.

well youre wrong. thanks for trying though

yes horus was the physical embodiment of all four chaos gods in the material world and Big E blinked and erased him out of existence and burned his signature our of the warp
>>
>>44878431
This ain't a question, he was holding himself back because he didn't want to obliterate his friend. They reprinted the (slightly edited) duel on the vengeful spirit at the start of the whole HH shebang.
>>
>>44878320
>its not propaganda that the emperor is still alive and making warp travel possible, its canon and is talked about all the time

You realize the creators of 40K have gone on record stating that this is meant to be ambiguous, right? Same for his powerlevel too.

How much is faith, how much is propaganda, and how much is real has always been intentionally unclear.
>>
>>44878486
>>44878489
Then why did the Emperor become a boney psychic lighthouse? Motherfucker should be smart enough to blink someone out of existence at least a little before they turn you into a vegetable.
>>
>>44878552
because he's a dummy and held back for too long
>>
>>44878320
He got beaten up by a big ork.
>>
File: a34w65ase46se.png (860KB, 1024x1367px) Image search: [Google]
a34w65ase46se.png
860KB, 1024x1367px
>>44878530
only in a "everything is canon but not necessarily true" sort of way which is how they respond to literally any lore question

there are a dozen sources that says its true and none that say its not other than chaos marine bantz. its also "ambiguous" if the ultramarines have half-eldar navigators

>>44878552
it was literally explained in BOTH posts you are responding too. he was holding back and hoping horus would turn away from chaos because he was his favorite son
>>
>>44878596
And it wasn't even the biggest ork there ever was. The Beast was bigger.
>>
>>44878621
If he can blink shit out of existence, I would imagine he would also be able to see at least a couple minutes into the future at any given time.

Also >>44878596
>>
>>44878552
because he hesitated fighting horus
>>
>>44878380
>a novelization of dawn of war.
was it good?
>>
>>44871251
>The Eldar and Necrons would easily fuck over the Imperium by sealing that entrance/section of the webway.

Not really. The Necrons were almost all sleeping at that point and the Eldar were fucking broken.

Their entire civilization went tits up and the survivors were reduced to the status of refugees.

The Deldar took centuries to build up to the strength they have now. As for the Craftworlders, they're... well, they're still kind of pathetic.

In 30k, when the Imperium was at its strongest, before ten thousand years of being worn down on all sides. When the Eldar were at their lowest point and were barely hanging on. The Imperium would have dominated the Webway without serious contest.
>>
File: 14358356935673567456789.jpg (80KB, 736x757px) Image search: [Google]
14358356935673567456789.jpg
80KB, 736x757px
>>44878672
>If he can blink shit out of existence

you dont really seem to understand anon. this is what the lore is. its not debatable. it is what happened. you dont have to like it and i dont really give a shit if you do

he blinked him out of existence so hard he wasnt even able to reform in the warp like demons normally are able to do
>>
>>44878736
I know, and I'm saying it's pretty retarded that a being that could do would hesitate that long in a situation that important.
>>
>>44878770
its supposed to be tragic and show how the mortal god that is Big E was still human

if it makes you feel any better the ACTUAL reason was because you cant have Big E still running around in the setting for the 40k tabletop game

same reason all the surviving primarchs immediately committed suicide after the HH
>>
>>44878770
For all of the Emperor's psychic might and scientific brilliance, he was never the sharpest tool in the box when it came to making these kinds of decisions.
>>
>>44878721
It was fucking terrible, and it kept getting worse with every installment. But Dawn of War's ugly half-cousin is more relevant to the general public than anything in the Horus Heresy series.
>>
>>44878621
>only in a "everything is canon but not necessarily true" sort of way which is how they respond to literally any lore question

No, like, they said it was intrinsic to the concept of the setting. The whole question of whether mankind's faith is justified is important.
>>
>>44878864
any particular peeve with any part of the book?
>>
>>44878945
Experience it for yourself. The omnibus is just a quick download away.
>>
>>44878958
that sounds like a cop out.
>>
>>44879003
Saying what's wrong with a goto book was played out years ago, man.
>>
>>44878958
you got a link or something senpai?
>>
File: 14245835790467456.jpg (66KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
14245835790467456.jpg
66KB, 600x450px
>>44878889
i honestly dont know if youre just making shit up, taking shit our of context, or using old a shit lore

GW is aloof about any lore question since saying something definitely "good" about one faction makes players from all the other factions feel left out

agains dozens of sources says its true and none say its not. the emperor talks to people all the time and he personally initiates astropaths daily. all astropaths in the imperium are brought in front of the emperor and he psychically binds their mind

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Soul_Binding
>>
>>44879124
Give me a minute, I'll slap it up on mediafire or something.
>>
actually fuck it, it's within the limits

Enjoy, internet.
>>
>>44879194
now a new generation of newfags will be scarred by CS goto
>>
>>44879215
I'll give him credit, being paid to write eldar torture porn is a pretty great gig.
>>
>>44879194
Why would you ever post that god forsaken series?
>>
>>44871234
You wouldn't have started this stupid fucking thread for starters.
>>
>>44879237
I have to answer the requests of my kouhai, anon-kun.
>>
File: trashman.jpg (31KB, 352x450px) Image search: [Google]
trashman.jpg
31KB, 352x450px
>>44879194
>that first paragraph in the prologue
>>
>>44879046
>>44879194
>>44879215

MULTI
>>
>>44879327
I don't think the multilasers showed up so much in the dawn of war books, but my memories of them are understandably murky.
>>
>>44879194
>The novel also sparked a
lively debate about questions of fidelity to the established background material, which has been thought-provoking for me and
others, especially given the intriguing position of the novel between two genres of game. So interesting were these debates that I
have made a number of small refinements to the manuscript in preparation for this omnibus - I wonder whether interested readers
will find them.
>>
>"My sons, I must now travel directly into the Eye of Terror for no stated reason. Yes I know that I might as well fly into the nearest star for how stupid that is but you must come to understand that I have grown highly inconvenient for the plot."
Every Loyalist Primarch c. 200M31

Meanwhile HH series makes bank for BL and GeeDubs, and you're dumb enough to argue about what happens in it. The events of M30 should have stayed half remembered ten thousand year old legend.
>>
>>44871234
Humans are able to evolve into a fully-psychic race and the Emperor's plan to starve out the warp comes to fruition. Humanity wins and WH40k doesnt happen
>>
>>44879276
You dirty fucking masochist.

That shit really was painful to read. I think I finished the first one and just gave up.
>>
>>44873366
So where was it? White Dwarf?
>>
>>44878854
>Who is Lion El'Jonson ?
Also when will that guy come to wreck some shit ?
>>
File: tumblr_mqe86bO9pE1sxue56o1_500.jpg (262KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqe86bO9pE1sxue56o1_500.jpg
262KB, 500x750px
>>44878854
I really like the quote that the Grey Knights have that's attributed to the Emperor in pic related. Just imagine the Emperor admitting that he was a failure like that.

I like the Big E being human at the core, no matter how much he tried to be beyond humanity or how much trouble he had relating to people. It makes his falliablity more justified because he still suffers from doubt and emotional connections instead of being a being of logic, or one that doesn't care about losing something like the Chaos gods (since they really just enjoy the game continuing on).
>>
>>44877183
This
>>
If the Emperor could finish his grand plan he spend the rest of eternity waving his dick in the face of every imperial citizen, space marine and primarch, as well as admech.
Thats what this is all about.
The great crusade was just the Emperor waving his dick at the galaxy.
>>
>>44879215
Goto is an initiation ceremony.
>>
>>44879467
wut? the HH stuff is the only worthwhile 40k stuff there is.

Nobody gives a fucking about random shit chapters in the 40k future.

The Primarchs are interesting
>>
File: you serious fallen.png (27KB, 564x450px) Image search: [Google]
you serious fallen.png
27KB, 564x450px
>>44881121
I'm absolutely sure that you are completely and totally correct, and not wrong, even considering the HH series is a relatively new addition to the 40k lore, and before that it was vague and not closely looked at.
>>
>>44879194
Let's be honest - /tg/ used to really love Dawn of War. Do you think there would be so much hatred for C.S. Goto if he hadn't fucked up the omnibus about the Dawn of War series?
>>
>>44881648
>Do you think there would be so much hatred for C.S. Goto
Yes. Goto fornicates everything vertically.
>>
>>44880762
If he completed it, he would dick slap every xeno and heretic into nothing
>>
File: 1451234904832.png (148KB, 683x268px) Image search: [Google]
1451234904832.png
148KB, 683x268px
>>44872466
>>44871849
>>44871902
>>44873750
You have to kill the Emperor to prevent humanity from accessing the Webway. And while Chaos is strong, killing the Emperor is something nobody wants

>>44876614
But Commoragh was attacked by small Ork and Imperial forces already and every time they had a hard time containing it and had massive casualties.

>>44879467
But HH will supposedly explain that. So we might get more than Corrax saying Nevermore and fucking off to never be seen again.
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.