[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #658: Screams Echoing Into The Warp Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 439
Thread images: 25

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44780545
>>
Its a WIP.
Yell at me about things and I can think about them.
It needs more Floof.
>>
Reposting since thread archived before anyone could reply, out of curiosity, how would synchronized souls (from PMD) work outside of that jump?
>>
File: image.png (274KB, 1024x1364px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
274KB, 1024x1364px
>>44794757
I see it's so WIP it's an empty post!
>>
Jumpers, what is the best plant you've ever encountered?
>>
>>44794783
DELETE YOUR POST! noone can ever know.
>>
>>44794775
Pretty sure you misspelled discipline.
>>
>>44794936
That would be because I don't have any.
Also I forgot to use spellcheck.
>>
>>44794785
The Whomping Willow.
It's a tree. That beats things to death.
That's pretty fucking awesome in my book.
>>
>>44794775
Consider changing 'Tech Support' to just 'Support' since you're including Arianna as the capstone.

Would really appreciate 'first power free' or something, since it's not particularly feasible to buy Origin perks and Superpowers at the same time.

By canon Supers are supposed to get idealized bodies for free. Sydney is the exception because her powers aren't innate, they're artifact based (which does make a nice drawback, which I see you're doing).
>>
File: ivy.jpg (309KB, 679x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ivy.jpg
309KB, 679x1000px
>>44794785
>pic related
Hands down.
>>
>>44794736
Are there Perks that would let you learn a magic system by watching someone else use it?
>>
>>44795001
>support
considering

>first power free
Free cp for that section was just removed because I wanted people to be able to avoid taking powers from that section if they dislike them. If people do want just a free tier from that section then that would be what the cp would have done.

>idealized bodies
I figured it was good enough to make a perk. Plus there was the issue of it making it harder to cut a line between sydney and others, specifically the support personnel.
>>
>>44794776
Pretty well I'd imagine. Having someone that just gets you and whom you can work very closely with is never a bad thing.
>>
>>44794775
Powers aren't Grrl Power evocative.

Just looking at the cast page, powers include an emphasis on management of a resource- either absorption and controlled released, or powering up one ability at the cost of another (Maxima boosting one of her traits, Anvil redirecting kinetic energy, Halo having to choose her orbs, Harem's physical stats are inversely proportional to the clones she has out, Heatwave messes with thermal energy and her own size, Amorphous changes his size and density, Jiggawatt converts and manipulates electricity... Achilles is the only one that has a simple effect.)

tl;dr: Grrl Power superpowers are almost all 'manage type of energy' or 'weaken one of my powers to strengthen another'
>>
>>44795127
Since my companion is a Pichu that is always chilling in my pocket, double HP/Stamina at all times seems pretty incredible. Just want to check that I'm not misinterpreting this.
>>
>>44795175
This was supposed to be the purpose of the power modification section, though thank you for making me realize that the powers source needs more focusing on.
>>
>>44795235
>>44795175
>>44794775
Just realized I should have said this in the first post.

The powers section is super unsure right now and I am looking for ways to renovate it or completely redo it.
>>
>>44795336
I think you should seriously consider doing as RWBY did and just have a few preprepared superpower packages instead of 'build your own'.

Just don't be boring about it.

Alternatively, if you have a copy of Mutants and Masterminds, try a reduced version of their build your own power?
>>
>>44795373
The flexibility of Grrl power powersets was something I was hoping to offer in the jump.

Presets would allow me to do a set of powers with clear limits and possibilities similar to the worm jump. Yet supers in Grrl Power are not created equal and I was unsure about doing something similar to worm while being unable to offer a variety.

Perhaps rather than the buy one stance of worm I could do something like a number of minor powers with unique applications that people could stack up?
>>
>>44795018
It amuses me people keep saying Kaguya is Red when Ivy looks so much more like her in form and in gimmick.
>>
>>44795441
Maybe a mix of prefab powers, but then you can choose from a 'flex' power to top it off and do the neat stuff.

For me, the Grrl Power appeal is a flexible power you have to be clever about to get the most use out of without creating a disadvantage for yourself.

Number of minor powers does seem reasonable though, yeah- but you're trying that already, and most of them are kind of boring and generic. Even just moving away from telekinesis to [element/substance]kinesis is neater since it's specialized and then you can put modifiers on top of it.

Electrokinesis + Fine Control = Technomancy
Electrokinesis + More Power = Throw and redirect lightning bolts

Just an anon's wordswordswords. Best of luck in completing this.
>>
>>44793375
What I mean is that most people look at Slaanesh and just see the horrible, horrible fetishes. But I have faith that you can look past all that and make see the rest of Slaanesh - the hedonist, the bon vivant, the perfectionist.

Honestly, you're probably one of the most Slaaneshi Jumpers I know of. You're the biggest and the most beautiful, not because it matters, but because you want to be. Same with your Garden - it's far past the point of practical, it simply is for its own sake. So I have faith you can capture that aspect of She Who Thirsts, instead of just making her a bimbo with a chainsword dildo.
>>
>>44795577
When you give people a joke to run into the ground, they'll do so with gusto.
>>
>>44795577
Red is a Plant Girl Moon Bunny Not-Goddess.
Kaguya is a Plant Girl Moon Bunny Not-Goddess.
Ivy is just a Plant Girl.
>>
>>44795642
in b4 reaction image and 'wuuuuuut I am not that kind of demon princess!'
>>
>>44795441
If you can keep the versatility, I say go for it. I'm not familiar with the source material, but I'd rather have more options than fewer as a jumper.

Also, your appearance perks are great. My vanity is insatiable.
>>
>>44795642
The issue with Slaanesh is more that no matter how you personally choose to invest yourself in it, the people around you are probably gonna be all about rape.
>>
>>44795700
Marvel Jump is two drawbacks only.

The whole point of Adamantium is that it's inert and can't have it's form altered. An Adamantium core would make sense, but a body made of it? No, it's indestructible. You can't reshape it.

Points for stacking a whole bunch of perks for a cool compound power.
>>
>>44795821
Fuck you are right brb
>>
>>44795755
>Can you please keep the raping down a little!? I'm trying to read!
>>
>>44795695
Red doubled down on those and thus their incredible quality.

>>44795582
One idea, the one that led to the current form was specifically to allow the combination of these different powers.

>IE
Super Strength(specialized) + Flight(specialized)= you get your super strength from you flight powers, so while flying faster your superstrength gets lower but while flying up to half your speed its your superstrength that is doubled.

kinesis + specialized = electro/whateverkinesis

A very similar vein to the marvel jump really.
>>
>>44795821
That seems to be the point of shapeshifting which has been ruled to work in the past.
>>
>>44795821
Marvel confirmed literally just two threads ago that Shapeshifting+Body+Adamantium would let you move by altering your body shape. He also said it would be slow as hell.
>>
>>44795877
Marvel clarified that it works, it's just super-slow.

Of course, I'd rather shapeshift adamantine structures in and out of my body - less surface defense, but a lot more speed and versatility.
>>
>>44795821
>>44795700
>>44795837
Now new and slightly less cool but still pretty neat.

marvel
Military 900
Healing factor 750
(Shapeshifting+ speed)+ (kinesis (ferrokinetic 30 feet)+ strength+) (adamantium x (body) + toughness)-500

Mutant-300
Changed 00 (Im a big metal ball)

>>44795821
Pretty sure he has said in the past it would make shapeshifting adamantium. Gotta wait for him to comment on it unfortunately.
>>
>>44795952
>>44795919
That is why I took shapeshifting+ speed, Hoping for fast shapeshift. Or at least not super slow.
>>
>>44795952
>>Changed 00 (Im a big metal ball)
This is one of the best alternate form ideas I've seen. Nice plan pinballanon
>>
>>44795872
>Red doubled down on those and thus their incredible quality.
Welp, they're great and I'm definitely going to add them to my ever growing pile of appearance perks.
>>
So, what's the best way to accomplish the Secrete Mode of Touhou?
>>
>>44795914
Would Adamantine + Toughness + Energy let you create incredibly durable force fields?
>>
Quick question: how powerful are the Kinesis abilities in Marvel?
>>
>>44796288
On par with your physical strength.

>>44796284
I'd guess no.
>>
>>44796288
It slides, the more common the less powerful, the less common or more specific the more powerful.
>>
>>44796318
Base physical strength or does it scale?
>>
>>44796228
*Secret.
>>
>>44795686
I think they were also getting at the red hair and all the appearance perks basically amounting to the pheromone shtick.
>>
>>44796345
I think it scales, but don't quote me.
>>
>>44795952
By the way, Marvelanon did say autokinesis was okay, so if you want real pinball shenanigans, you should probably go with that instead of the very weak ferrokinesis, especially when combined with shape shifting since you get more power and control the rarer whatever your controlling is and literally everything has a magnetic field.
>>
>>44796459
>autokinesis
>?
>*google*
>"The autokinetic effect (also referred to as autokinesis) is a phenomenon of visual perception in which a stationary, small point of light in an otherwise dark or featureless environment appears to move."

I'm still confused.
>>
>>44796459
Well the reason I decided ferrokinesis in a 30 ft rdius + strong was I was trying to boost the strength of it. To be only good withing 30 foot of me, limited range I THOUGHT would boost the power allowing me to pick up and sling metal around. With strong as a general boost to it. Plus adamantium being magnetic I could fly around with it. I might need some fine tuning on it still.
>>
>>44796526
It roughly translates as self-movement. Basically, flight by mind power?
>>
Does anyone know what Healing Factor+Super Speed+Toughness would do?
I was thinking it'd be some sort of adaptive healing factor that makes you more resistant to whatever hurt you.
>>
>>44795755

Given that Slaanesh is still about excess even if you seek the "perfectionist artist" side of things, yeah. It's an artiste with a chainsaw dildo and a heroin pump reading poetry while skyboarding on a mutant crocodile and whipping slaves, the correct interpretation doesn't favour one of those over the others because it's about all of them.

You just flat-out cannot really go high in the service of Slaanesh without excess and indulgence. The Chaos Gods still represent some good things, sure, but they primarily represent and embrace and encourage the bad.

Trying to rules-lawyer it into being SFW by being Yomiko Readman or something is missing the point just like the people who think it's just "megapenis vs battlecock" 24/7.
>>
>>44796228

Given that it's basically already happening, any diplomacy perks would help. As would anything that lets you change the fundamental nature of things - Stars and Stones from Dresden Files would let you remove the "must feed on human fear/flesh" clause from a youkai's existence.

This may or may not be a good idea, though Yukari may well love it, but you could perhaps use Real Eater to alter Stars and Stones so that it can change the clause to something that promotes peace, instead of outright removing it.

I'd say in general, the best first step would be finding her and talking to her about things frankly.

Explain that you want to help, tell her what you can do.
>>
>>44796700
Hmm. Wouldn't Monster Inc tech help?
>>
>>44796228
>>44796349
I don't think anyone has a good answer to that, the biggest problem is that youkai literally need humans to fear them in order to survive. That's what you need to solve in order to pull off the ending, and the solutions I've seen proposed are:

1: Setting up some kind of fear farm. Not sure if this would work, and would likely come with its own set of problems. This is especially true if you still need to get the fear from humans, instead of artificial fear, which would put you a long way away from true peace. Plus, society is screwed if something happens to the farms.

2: Using the Stars and Stones perk from Dresden. It might look like a perfect solution, but it only works in the short-run and on an individual basis, any youkai you didn't use it on and any new youkai would probably still need fear. I also don't like solutions that hinge on having one specific perk from one specific jump.

3: Just having strong enough magic/science to work out a solution. If you're powerful enough that you can pull this off, you don't really need the reward you get from the secret ending.

So yeah, I have no idea. The rules of the setting seem to be fighting against it. It may have been a better idea to just offer up a "nerfed enough to not break everything" version of the power for purchase, possibly bundled with a "Yukari is interested in you" drawback for no CP. Honestly, I always felt the jump wasn't very good. It seems like we just get a list of powers instead of any perks, which is especially bad since most of the characters tend to have one power they're well known for instead of a bunch of them. Overall, I think if it offered you perks besides just "more powers," it would read more like a jump instead of a powergrab.
>>
>>44796751
>I don't think you should be allowed any powers in the girls with crazy powers setting because I'm human garbage.
>>
>>44796778
>Being given a vastly greater quantity and more varied powers than in-setting characters is good design
>Wanting jumps to offer more than just powers means you don't want anyone to have fun ever
Did you enjoy the God jump?
>>
>>44796751

What's happening in canon is that youkai *are* shifting from FEAR FROM MURDER AND HORROR to a somewhat friendlier system. The whole incident system is a good way of allowing that - giving respect and attention instead.

Stars and Stones would work better if you could grant it to others. Sure, it's better to not need a specific perk, but say - if you gave it to Yukari or created a metaphysical system that finds new youkai and frees them. It's just freeing them from their need for fear, so it shouldn't result in creating more youkai to fill the gap.
>>
>>44796778
>imagining things scares and confuses me and the idea that someone is more powerful than me triggers my autism and sends me into a hooting ape rage where all I can do is shit myself in fury. I demand godlike powers instantly on demand, fuck you for trying to do something entertaining to normals!
>>
>>44796907
Store copies of it with Ensoul and hand them out?
>>
>>44796751
>it would read more like a jump instead of a powergrab.

Consider who made the jump and the answer's obvious.
>>
>>44797046
*Checks*
MoeAnon?
>>
>>44796875
>I don't like that my shitty opinion was called out, let me strawman about something posted over a year ago that nobody else remembers.
>>
>>44797046
How dare powerful settings have powers. It's wrong, I tell you.
>>
>>44797041
That's actually not to bad an idea. Maybe you could also use Conjoined Conjures to combine the Stars and Stones ability with a magic system that lets you create creatures, and eventually get to a point where you've got self-aware copies wandering around?

I mean, there's a non-negligible chance letting this kind of power do whatever it wants it going to cause an Earth-shattering incident, but what doesn't these days?
>>
>>44797134
Yep.

We're talking about the guy who claimed strong-enough Blacklight would let you eat Azathoth.
>>
>>44797141
Serious question, why are you doing this? Your original post was such an obvious misinterpretation of what was actually said that there's no way it wasn't intentional. I'm not trying to troll you or make fun of you, but what are you trying to gain from this?
>>
>>44797218
He gains a couple chuckles when he manages to provoke a person into arguing with him over something that won't change either way. Makes himself feel better that he's won at something.
>>
>>44797218
Anon is complaining about being able to get powers in Touhou. Do you not see how that's stupid?

I'm also pretty sure this is the guy from months ago who said he wanted the 600-tier perks to be shit like being good at cleaning or other 50 point tier nonsense.
>>
>>44797308
>600 CP cleaning perks
It'd still be better than a power-grab that doesn't reflect how powers are distributed in canon.

Jesus fuck, why do you guys react so violently to the suggestion that there be options besides "kill everything?"
>>
>>44797430
Right, we should totally not have powers in a setting that's all about girls with wacky, ridiculous powers. Instead all our expensive perks should be the shit you get nearly for free in an afterthought in settings without any powers.

Anon wonders why I reacted badly to you, somehow.
>>
>>44797308
This was his exact statement:
>Honestly, I always felt the jump wasn't very good. It seems like we just get a list of powers instead of any perks, which is especially bad since most of the characters tend to have one power they're well known for instead of a bunch of them. Overall, I think if it offered you perks besides just "more powers," it would read more like a jump instead of a powergrab.

I'm not sure how you jumped to the conclusion that he's complaining about getting powers. He's complaining about the quality of delivery. There is a difference. Now personally I think the delivery was fine. I think that given we have no standards of jumpmaking and no expectations, moe did a pretty good job. But if I did apply quality standards to it, then this anon might have a point, the way the jump is presented could be seen as a bit lacking.

There's nothing stupid about this. If you think opinions that aren't yours are stupid, you should kindly request that nobody post in this community unless they check first with you to see if their opinions line up with yours.
>>
>>44797472
See >>44797430
That was what he was saying.
>>
>>44795872
Be very careful with it; I was very careful to make sure you could do a bunch of complete builds without touching the combo idea, and a lot of people still have problems with it. It's fun for some, but also means a lot of rulings.

>>44795919
>>44795914
>>44795877
Yup.

>>44795821
It is workable if you're comboing for it, but has drawbacks.

>>44795974
Will work, but you'll still just be up at "normal" shapeshifting speed at best.

>>44795952
Most of the other people have got it; also, cool idea.

>>44796284
...Sure?

>>44796288
Like others have said, the more common the thing you're controlling the weaker the effect; "basic" tk is at (your strength), with more common things (like say, gravity) being much weaker and rarer things (your own hair) being much stronger.

>>44796526
I was meaning "control of your own body", if I did in fact use those words; see Medusa, for example.

>>44796547
It'll be cumbersome, at least until you get finesse, but it'll work fine.
>>
>>44797276
Considering the active hostility we're maybe looking at an authentic autist.

There's nothing worth getting this anal-pained about and yet he's caterwauling.

>>44797472
You're trying to argue reasonably with someone who'd rather use personal attacks than any reasonable debate.
>>
>>44797472
If we had any quality control, Tera's jumps would never have been uploaded to the drive.
>>
>>44795872
Don't do the combo thing, unless you like forcing us to ask you questions for every build and being unable to complete one without talking to you.
>>
>>44797489
Which doesn't negate what I've said at all. Whether a jump is seen as a power grab and whether it reflects powers as presented in canon is all in the delivery.
>>
>>44797466
>Post being quoted says there should be options besides powers in a setting where most people only have one powers
>Reply says anon said no one should have powers
>Reply says that you should be offered a boatload of powers when everyone else only has one

You know, at no point has anyone said the powers should be removed, you pulled that out of thin air.
>>
File: onearmedhand.gif (2MB, 338x600px) Image search: [Google]
onearmedhand.gif
2MB, 338x600px
I saw this gif and thought of you, OneArmedAnon. This is for you.

>Last night, I dreamed of fire.
>Tonight, I will dream of fire again.
>Tomorrow, I will dream of fire, and on and on it will go.
>Usually in the dreams, I'm a man.
>I'm a man but I have one arm for reasons I don't understand.
>A week ago, when I woke up, part of my hand had faded away until it didn't exist, not really. Just a spot.
>The spot has grown.
>I fear it will grow larger still.
>The dreams grow clearer as the fire grows larger.
>Something about... jumping. A man, who sold his arm for power and the opportunity to see infinity.
>I think... I think I am that man.
>Or at least, I will be.
>Until then, I still have my arm. I still have my hand.
>But only until then.
>>
>>44797566
It does negate the idea that this anon I am talking to DOES want there to be no powers in the jump, meaning my initial reaction is entirely justified.

>>44797567
Anon's post said they'd want perks instead of powers. Then went on to say they'd like for it to have perks like 600 point cleaning. Without powers.
>>
>>44797521
At this point I think he's just looking desperately for attention so he jumps to hyperbolic conclusions trying to make something seem sensational. He might as well just grab a trip and start a namefag shitstorm.
>>
>>44797603
No, he said nothing about a 600 point cleaning perk. That was you.
>>
>>44797578
killitkillitkillitwithfire
>>
Need some advice. Do you think it's worth it to go Big Trouble changeling in the Dresden Files, or should I just choose wizard?
>>
>>44797603
>It does negate the idea that this anon I am talking to DOES want there to be no powers in the jump

Do you have the grammatical sense to understand what you just said in this sentence? Read it carefully. Read it very carefully. In fact take out the unnecessary fluff words and break it down to it's essential components. Here, we'll help you.

Negate the idea. That. said individual. wants there to be no powers in the jump.

Why are you even arguing?
>>
>>44797636
He responded positively to it.
>>44797667
Yes, I made a typo.
>>
>>44797603
In Touhou, the ability to Clean Anything (all caps) could be totally worthy of 600 CP. I mean, Reimu's power is Floating, and she gets total invincibility out of that.

Yes, I'm aware you said "without powers." But half the fun of Touhou characters is how they turn their weird tricks into superpowers. The other half is how they turn them into bullets.
>>
>>44797713
We're talking about mundane cleaning. Not metaphysical cleansing.
>>
>>44797728
No one said that. Just a 600CP cleaning perk. We could make it as weak or powerful as we want to. You just have to open your mind, man, see the possibilities.
>>
>>44797646
Big Trouble would give you a very impressive level of power. Card's examples are Cait Sith, Leanansidhe, and Eldest Gruff - critters who Harry respects and fears. Plus it gets you discounts on Job Offer, which is one of several things that people take all the time for good reason.
>>
>>44797773
Job offer is only for losers who like to be people's servants and slaves.
>>
>>44797687
>He responded positively to it.
No. See. Let's get one thing straight. He presented his opinion on this matter. You introduced a counterpoint that ran tangent to his opinion. He agreed with your counterpoint suggestion that it would still be a viable option compared to the existing set up, in his opinion.

Nowhere does it say that his initial stance was aligned with yours. He merely borrowed your posited stance to further highlight the fact that he inherently believes the jump is flawed in terms of its organization and structure of perks. Now, I'm not going to get into semantics about perks versus powers here, but let's get one thing straight anon, you were the one who brought up the point - not him.

Whether he agrees with you out of courtesy or decides to use your example as something to back up his core argument, which has to do with removing perks altogether, is completely irrelevant to the idea you were trying to express in your typo.
>>
>>44797517
Thanks marvel.
>>
>>44797728
Yes, and there are Yokai who start out as mundane umbrellas and lanterns.
>>
>>44797790
Depending on who you serve there's nothing wrong with that. Or do you not want the only legal option to be a Wild Card in Persona?

Plus, you can turn it around and make Job Offers to people instead.
>>
>>44797762
I'm pretty sure I know what I meant when I said that. Rather, what I'm referring to is the last time anon argued about this, where one of his examples for what powers could be replaced by were mundane perks, and one of them was 600 tier and just the ability to be good at cleaning. Not magical or anything.

>>44797793
I'm not sure how that isn't responding positively to it.

>>44797804
They ARE those things, that's not their power.
>>
>>44797844
>There's nothing wrong with being a slave.
Disgusting.
>>
>>44797868
You do realize that you're essentially a slave for an omnipotent being that's only using you for entertainment, right?
>>
>>44797849
you know if you really wanted a shitstorm why don't you use something more provocative?
>>
>>44797868
Work for someone cool who isn't likely to treat you like Mab does Harry. Vadderung or Santa.
>>
>>44797909
Yeah, but the benefits are amazing.

I mean, have you /seen/ the cafeteria?
>>
>>44797938
>Santa
...You can work for Santa in DF?
>>
>>44797868
You're not a slave. You're paid, and you can quit and go get a new job every ten years. What you're basically saying is "being an employee is disgusting," in which case all to have to say is >>>/r9k/
>>
>>44797308
>>44797430

At the very least, we can all agree that this is a VAST improvement over the original Touhou jump.

Which was not great. At all.

There aren't too many other things you could offer as perks though. You can go all-out with the meta-style plot perks and whatnot like in the Worm jump, but they're not exactly required or essential.
>>
>>44797773
But how much of their power do you actually get? Sarissa didn't seem very impressive before the Mantle, and she was Mab's kid.
>>
>>44797646
Would you rather be a generalist in the short term who develops tremendous power in one field in the long term? Go wizard, though I'd strongly recommend you take the season/illusion perk if you do.

Would you rather have a portfolio of arcane tricks with affinity to either the themes of summer or winter, on top of some supernatural physical attributes? Do you want to wield the power of Santa Claus against your enemies, and either go on to do so in other worlds or take a new job from a local being of power in exchange for a share of their supernatural advantages? Go Changeling, though I'd strongly recommend you take some casting perks if you do.
>>
>>44797868
Free will is a myth.

Religion is a joke.

We're all pawns, controlled by something greater.
>>
>>44797967
Yes. Or Donner Vaterrung, as he likes to call himself.
>>
>>44797938
Wait, what.

What's DF Santa like? I might actually choose to stay with my original employer now.
>>
>>44797967
Yep. And he's also Odin.
>>
>>44797938
Still a slave.
>>
>>44797974
Nothing is required or essential. You can argue that if it fits a 4 background 4 perk pattern, even if it has only 3 - 4 items, no companions, and a couple drawbacks, it's already a good jump. That's all that's needed for a baseline jump. By those standards, moeanon did an excellent job. He's gone nearly 200% above expectations.
>>
>>44797967
Potentially, yes. He's the same person as Vadderung, you see. Old gods do new jobs

>>44797868
>>44797959
>>44797790

Jump-Chan just called solely to laugh at you.

And...kinda missing the point there, aren't you? You are, in fact, paid.
>>
File: The DNA of the Soul.jpg (53KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
The DNA of the Soul.jpg
53KB, 600x600px
>>44797995
>>
>>44797926
Because I don't want a shitstorm.
>>44797974
The old one was prettier.
>>
>>44798054
MGSanon?
>>
>>44798080
Actually, no. But everyone knows Monsoon.

He is, after all, a meme.
>>
>>44798047
You work for jump-chan if you want to frame it that way, do you want to further restrict yourself by becoming someone elses slave and doing their dirty work as their lesser?
>>
>>44797909
Sssh, shshshshshhshush. Don't bring logic into this, anon's waifu is pristine and sends him on multiversal adventures because she t-t-totally doesn't want to see him get stronger the baka.

>>44798057
>doesn't want a shitstorm
>flings shit, insults, and personal attacks out the gate
>>
>>44798018
You've always been a slave if you're a Jumper. Your benefactor is just nice enough to dress it up as "CP". Also you're clearly an idiot, because you're ignoring the fact that you get benefits out of the arrangement and it's optional on your part.

>>44798003
Pretty cool guy. Let Harry beat him in a fight so he could take over the Wild Hunt and battle Outsiders.
Helped rescue his daughter from evil primordial Mayan vampire sorceror-kings in his other persona
>>
>>44798003
Badass. He rides with the Wild Hunt, hangs out with the Erlking and an Archmage gruff who can stomp fallen angels, is the male equivalent to the Queen of Air and Darkness, and helps out the protagonist.
>>
>>44798106
Calling out a stupid opinion as stupid doesn't need to make the whole thread blow up.
>>
>>44797984
She was trying to choose to be human. Sadly, that choice was taken out of her hands.
>>
>>44798057
What, you think you can magically convince people that they're wrong and you're right on the internet?

Is it summer already?
>>
>>44798107
>>44798094
>>
>>44798155
Is a two person argument a shitstorm? It'd require more of you getting purposefully upset and complaining to evolve to that level.
>>
>>44798019
I dunno, frankly the other guy's got a good point about how odd it is you can just sort of get like 3 of the more powerful characters' powersets just through jump purchases, whereas even the canon touhous are generally limited to, y'know, 1 powerset before accounting for whatever magic they practice. It's kind of like jumping Worm and getting Alexandria's shard as well as Eidolon's, Glastaig Uaine's, Grey Boy's and Sleeper's. Or jumping DC and getting Dream of the Endless' powers.
>>
>>44798090
mgsanon please come back the thread needs you now
>>
>>44798183
Anon's point is just that there are no requirements in jumpmaking, and that the Touhou jump is already more than what is 'essential'. That is the only argument they made.
>>
>>44798094
>>44798156

If they offer me powers, why not?

That's what I've been doing for a few decades.

You're just insecure because you can't stand the idea of not being top dog.
>>
>>44798204
Why do you want people to spam us to death and kill the thread because two people are bitching at each other? Are you that childish and petty?
>>
>>44798204
It really doesn't, and never has.

>>44798210
Right. Mine still stands.
>>
>>44794775
Halo style skill tree? Pretty please?

The perks look alright but I agree with >>44795175 and am glad you seem to recognise that they need more work.
>>
>>44798215
Isn't it a bit silly to say that someone else is wrong and 'insecure' for not having the same mindset and goals as you? Are people wrong for wanting to be in charge? Should nobody ever be in charge of anything, lest they be 'insecure'?
>>
>>44798231
I think your point would be helped if you had focused more on the multiple powers aspect and not segued into complaining about how strong the powers are, which makes your motive suspect.

Especially when they're mid-tier powers, in actuality. Top-tier Touhou is way more ridiculous.
>>
>>44798183
Personally? I don't think he's wrong. Personally? I think the touhou jump as it is, given my standards, wouldn't even be considered a 0.1% WIP. But accepting what the community sees as "standard template", it's a workable jump, and honestly with moe gone, it's also not going to change.

That's why it's so funny seeing them argue about it, as if them bickering back and forth will magically solve moe's IRL stuff and whisk him back into the magical realm of jumpchain. I mean there's plenty of jumps that could be "reworked", and the authors have actually made themselves present, but here they are arguing over something that's likely to never change.

We've waited for 5 months for a 90% finished Muv Luv. We'll likely wait another year or two if moe hasn't moved on completely.
>>
>>44798317
To be fair, most people literally cannot make something you would consider complete.
>>
>>44798116
Er, points of order:

1. The archmage gruff stomps the posessed hosts of the fallen angels, neutralising the fallen angel by returning its' influence back to the denarius it's trapped in. Totally different thing from fighting the actual angel, but still damn impressive considering the things are unfathomably experienced, cunning and of course demonically powerful.

2. I believe it was stated somewhere that Mab is actually vastly more powerful than Odin in terms of raw power because the Faerie Queens wield serious mojo from the authority of their season-governing mantles.
>>
Okay, so I I just assembled my Resident Evil Virus. I have:
Injection
Contact
Denial of Retrieval
Mental Clarity
Null And Void
Brain Buffer
Spin To Win
All Humans
Immediate
and Adonis.

Is this Virus safe to release? I wanted to build a virus that is only beneficial to people.
>>
>>44798258
Isn't it a bit hypocritical to call others silly when as early as >>44797790 anon was calling other people losers for taking a choice he disliked?

>>44798294
Fair enough. After looking at the jump a second time I'm cool with some of the mid-tier powers since they're skill-based and it's the 600/800 ones that make me raise an eyebrow.

>>44798317
You're probably right, I'm just airing my opinions is all.
>>
>>44798345
I'm well aware of that, which is well I'll go by QS's jump template as a "community standard" rather than the one I use for my own works.
>>
>>44798258
And >>44797868 for another example of anon being way more of a petulant lil' shit than anyone arguing against him.

>>44798403
Sure. Looks fine to me. Can't wait to see how it somehow goes wrong
>>
>>44798346

1. Yeah, I could have phrased it better. Even lower tier angels are implied to be stupidly powerful, seeing as how Harry described the one guarding Forthill's soul in terms evocative of how he describes Mab at her scariest. But it was one of the more dangerous and durable Denarians (Ursiel? I feel like it wasn't.) and it was described as like "swatting an uppity pixie" or something.

2. Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what the power levels are here, but I know Mab is more powerful. My point was really that he's the Winter King, which is less important than the Winter Queen, but meh.
>>
>>44798435
>Fair enough. After looking at the jump a second time I'm cool with some of the mid-tier powers since they're skill-based and it's the 600/800 ones that make me raise an eyebrow.
You misunderstood. The 600 and 800 tier perks in that jump are mid-tier for the Touhou setting. You're treating them like they're top tier, but they're nowhere near it.
>>
>>44797989
Don't forget Mortal and White Court either. They both have a lot of useful tricks to make up for their lack of or narrowly-focused powers, respectively, and a White Court who picks up some Mortal tricks or vice-verse could probably wield as much or more power than either of the other two choices, just on a much more indirect level.

Remember, who really won Skin Game? Harry, the pawn? Or Marcone, the king who wielded him?
>>
>>44798435
>>44798486
They probably weren't being entirely serious.
>>
>>44798512
>The 600 and 800 tier perks in that jump are mid-tier for the Touhou setting. You're treating them like they're top tier, but they're nowhere near it.

Well, Yuyuko's power to create death is strongly nerfed - not that we know much about it anyway. But otherwise I agree.
>>
So, for the people who took the Golden Sky Stories jump, how did you modify the town?
>>
>>44798537
White Court a shit. Slutpires pls go.
>>
>>44798512
My understanding is that what's considered high-tier there includes things like poorly defined reality warping and extreme power that hasn't really been defined clearly, to use Yuuka and Yukari as examples. I was also told Flandre was locked in the basement because her sister was worried about her power, sounds pretty up there to me.

I find it hard to believe you'd be picked on if you had even a single 800/600 CP power, to be honest, unless you purposefully went around punching the most important people there in the face like some sort of idiot.
>>
>>44798537
Mab, iirc, did as well or better than Marcone.
Not that it's really a fair comparison, just saiyan.
>>
>>44798541
I want to believe you.

I really do.

But I've been in these threads too long, and I know there are folks out there who really do mean what they type. I'm not saying he's as bad as the following benchmark, but there was a time when people thought Bancho was being deliberately obtuse after all.

>>44798607
Malvanis a best
>>
>>44798614
That's missing the point, really. All I'm saying is that those are serious power, true, but they're mid-tier. It's 'normal', stuff that's not too uncommon among named characters. It's not the top tier of Touhou.
>>
>>44798566
I thought Yuyuko was just a judge in the underworld, not somebody who goes around shoving people in the bag.

>>44798537
I always regretted not being able to afford Kiss of Death personally. I wish I could think of more creative uses for it.
>>
>>44798662
I was deliberately exaggerating my dislike of the perk to jokingly call you people slaves because I do not personally like the idea of working for people for pay in my fantasy adventure.
>>
>>44798614
Flandre's locked away because she's a small child and can't control herself.
>>
>>44798701
No, I'm not disagreeing-maybe I'm not making my point clear, I'm saying what's abnormal is having more than one of those when everyone there usually only has one of those powersets and in fact potentially being able to afford 3 or 4 of them.

I dunno, maybe I'm just overly pedantic and anti-fun in this cold weather. It's just my opinion, nothing more.
>>
>>44798607
>not drinking people's despair

>>44798728
Hyperbole and sarcasm don't carry well via text. They really don't.
>>
>>44797517
Could I have Shapeshifting + Adamantium (And maybe Vibranium, not sure I have the points) just be like Colossus? That is I turn into it and it moves like normal flesh aside from it's durability?
>>
>>44798773
Well I wasn't disagreeing with that point so much (or agreeing with it), we were talking specifically about the part of the post that seemed to be complaining about the power LEVEL, then from there was a misunderstanding about what I meant with mid-tier and what's mid-tier in Touhou.
>>
File: 420chaika.jpg (135KB, 713x597px) Image search: [Google]
420chaika.jpg
135KB, 713x597px
>>44798728
Ah. That's both a relief and while I disagree personally I concede there's some fairly rational reasons why the concept might not appeal to some.

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't transmit very well in e-text.

Also, to pre-empt anyone before they ask: I don't think there's enough material for a Hitsugi no Chaika jump for the same approximate reasons why I don't think Kaze no Stigma would work as a jump: There's just not enough lore fleshed out to make it work.
>>
>>44798782
Sure, though note he's nowhere near as tough as the 'true' metal. I mean, he's been taken out by tank shells before. Still a boost over pure Toughness, though.
>>
>>44798728
>joking
>deliberately saying X

You're backpedaling.
>>
>>44798812
Alright, that's my misunderstanding then because I thought we'd moved on from that onto other topics.

>>44798771
I thought it was implied to be a bit of both since she's also the uber-hard bonus boss, isn't she?
>>
>>44798817
>>44798776
I thought the use of silly language like 'loser' would make it clear.
>>44798871
>A person cannot deliberately tell a joke.
>>
>>44798900
I'm sorry to break this to you and I don't know how long you've been here, but I've seen sillier language used in all seriousness here and in other threads

>>44798782
Am I the only one who's cool with just leaving everything separate?
>>
>>44798873
Flandre's problem is self control. She's powerful enough to cause a problem if she goes all out, but that doesn't mean she'd be able to beat up Gensokyo or anything. It becomes an issue because Flandre doesn't have an adult understanding of consequences and how to use and control her powers. That's the main difference between her and Remilia. Remilia became a vampire and got her powers just after she had developed more mental maturity, and thus Remi can handle herself and become more mentally adult. The slightly younger Flandre got hers before this point, and thus is mentally perpetually a child, and not a particularly well behaved one.
>>
>>44798948
No, I didn't combine anything either.
>>
>>44798900
>saying something inflammatory
>continuing it onward for a long-ass while

>suddenly going "lol guys jk it was a joke"

The definition of a backpedal.
>>
>>44798982
Can you not be so offended by things? If you think it fell flat then that's that, doesn't mean you need to sit here and attack people and try to tell them what they intended like you're a psychic mind reader.
>>
>>44798838
Isn't he some made up metal with durability that fluctuates depending on the writer from 'almost as tough as cap's shield' to 'barely worth doing'?

I just want to literally be the metal, except living, with the properties that implies. What would I have to do to take the full strength stuff without being a statue?

Also, if you do take a Vibranium + Adamantium item do you effectively have one of the super versions of Adamantuim, or is that something else? Pretty sure the best version needs some other unknown ingredients but if V+A is really good I might take that.
>>
>>44798948
Combing is the only way you'd be able to have a unique superhero theme, though. Or be as strong as an actual superhero.
>>
What do you guys think of the Renegade Jumper supplement? I just read through it and thought it seemed pretty fun as a late-game challenge.
>>
>>44799048
Trash.
>>
>>44799030
Eh, being unique is overrated. And Marvel is silly enough I'd rather stick around on the street than actually get involved in superheroics.
>>
>>44799048
Most people hate the fact that it gives free stuff. Personally, I don't care, but I've never actually gotten around to it myself.
>>
>>44799058
Any reasons, or just not your cup of tea?
>>
>>44799090
Multiplayer implications go against the intended lore and spirit. Gives free warehouse parts.
>>
>>44798239
With the new power set its entirely a possibility. Though the primary issue is that we have no idea HOW halo's powers scale through her perk tree.

>>44797517
>>44797536
I think this is fairly good warnings against the current system and its future development. This is exactly why I brought it to thread now, I did not want to get invested in a broken system.

Expect powers that will try to go along the lines of what >>44795175 said as I already had a hold on that part of Grrl Powers powersets but was trying a different angle to get them going.

No there will not be limits on how many you can buy. Well, I mean cp is a limit, but its in every jumpchain jump.
>>
>>44799017
Yeah, he fluctuates pretty widely. I was taking his "standard" which is usually a little tougher than the described Toughness.

No can do, for precisely this reason. There's a tradeoff; the tougher you are, the slower you are. If you want to be able to just turn into a (immobile) statue temporarily though, that would work.

Yes, it would be the "Cap's Shield" option.

>>44799030
Honestly, I tried to build it so you could be most heroes (or at least the ones I could think of) without needing to combo. It might be harder to be unique, but people like Cyclops and Cap stay competitive with the equivalent of one or two 100-CP perks. If I failed, I apologize.
>>
>>44798948
I pretty much left everything separate too.
Except combining Regen+Speed, since i'm taking every regen option I can find all the time.
Still left me with 950cp of separate stuff through.
>>
>>44799017
Vibranium and adamantium dont like each other. They legit tear each other apart in canon.
>>
>>44799149
But Cap's shield is made of it.
>>
>>44799159
Caps shield is vibranium. If its different in one comic I apologise but generally its not good to put them together.
>>
>>44799159
And only it. All attempts at recreating it failed.
>>
>>44799159
And that's the only time that's worked. Ever (at least as far as I know). And nobody knows why, even some of the supposed omniscients. Comics, man.
>>
>>44799192
>One comic
Dude it's pretty well established.

>>44799200
Maybe. But it's possible and all that.
>>
>>44799149
Fortunately we have Jumchan willing to safely combine them for us.
>>
>>44799109
I get where you're coming from, but I like the idea that other jumpers are out there, as late-game opponents that you'd be unable to easily beat since they also make jumps and retain perks. As for your warehouse complaint, I haven't really used the warehouse much so I can't really comment.
>>
>>44799221
Still in only 1 comic. Caps comics.
>>
>>44799200
Couldn't someone just go back in time to and/or scry the creation of Cap's Shield and find out what it's composed of?
>>
>>44799262
Pedant.
>>
>>44799259
This isn't an argument. You asked why I didn't like it. I told you.
>>
>>44799280
You'd think so, but none of those able to do so, or able to literally time travel, or those who have been watching literally everything, or everything on Earth have actually done so.
>>
>>44799296
Not trying to make it an argument, just giving my perspective.
>>
>>44799280
Has been repeatedly tried, never worked. People thought they saw it, but instead got explosions; people have gone back and stolen it, and instead gotten things that are tough but not as tough; it just never works. Something about the time/place, some authors have said "spirit of AMERICA..." It just doesn't work, even for people like Loki and (omnipotent) Dr. Doom. Comic books, man.
>>
>>44799335
Sometimes it's like they're trying to be retarded on purpose.
>>
>>44799322
Seriously? The hell is going on? Is this a plot point, some blatent metaphor for truth justice and the American way or both?
>>
>>44799048
I think it's a fun thought experiment. I'm using it as an extremely lategame story/challenge. ... like, it's probably like my second-to-last jump, late.
It's sortof a... proof of final concept for me, where a bunch of stuff finally gets hammered down.

By that point I don't even GET anything for it. Some people think it sucks because you get warehouse stuff, but my warehouse is so ridiculous and stupid by this point that a crappy little extra space is useless to me.
It's literally just "Here's a jump where you and everyone you know almost permadeath and you don't even get anything for it. Have fun!"

I guess someone could cheese it by going really, really super early, so the min/maxing jumper has only been to like one or two jumps, but that seems pretty boring and dumb to me.
>>
>>44799366
Yes.
>>
>>44799366
Comic books are about casually ignoring aspects of the universe depending on the author and subject material for the sake of presenting stories without trying to account for everything other authors add in.

Im sure there's a way to apply this to jumpchain but that's besides the point
>>
>>44799335
So if we try to do it, even with all the science perks, even if we time travel back to when it was made and copy the recipe on a molecular level... it'll still fail?
>>
>>44799501
Are you a real american?
>>
>>44799519
Nope. Guess I could try suggesting they make a spare since they don't know exactly how durable it'll be, or if he'll be able to keep from dropping it or something.
>>
>>44799501
You're asking the wrong question

The question is: How American are you?

And the answer is: Not enough for Marvel physics you dirty commie
>>
>>44799552
Technically Cap's shield was not intentionally made in the first place. It was from an experiment of mixing various things to make an Iron Vibranium Alloy, and the guy doing it was tired/asleep during the test that created the shield.
>>
>>44799552
Unless you also make it so Captain America dual wields the shields or regularly switches, you'll end up with whichever of the two is close, but not quite, to being Proto-Adamantium. If they even succeed in making a second, considering how purely accidental the first was.
>>
>>44799552
It was also kind of an accident, and used up all of a mystery component that was probably part of the special mixture. They couldn't make two if they tried. Also, people who can construct things at the atomic level have failed to duplicate it. And that it's harder to work with than Mjolnir.
>>
>>44799634
>Captain America dual wields the shields

Oh god it's Dark Souls all over again.
>>
>>44799611
>>44799645
So in short-kinda like the formula used to make Cap himself? Poetry.

Now I want to give Leet from Worm some vibranium and some adamantium, force him to listen to the American national anthem for 24 hours straight and then lock him in a workshop with mastercraft tools and the metals just to see what he'd make from it.
>>
>>44799661
DROP YOUR SHIELD
>>
>>44799661
What, you don't miniaturise the shield technology from your Light of Terra and saunter into battle dual wielding shields like some sort of clappy bird?

What kind of Jumper are you?
>>
>>44799696
>>
File: THE WALL.jpg (55KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
THE WALL.jpg
55KB, 400x392px
>>44799661
>>44799696
>>
So I just finished watching HP:OotP. It was on TV, don't judge. Anyway, since I'm not great on HP lore, I was looking for a bit of assistance.

What's the name of that flying ability that leaves a light or dark trail in its wake? The spell / ability they use at the end during the big fight. Anyone know it's name and have any information on it?
>>
>>44799881
It's a form of apparition only present in the films.
>>
>>44799048
>Location roll for renegade jumper
Nice idea but pointless for me, I just have them respawn every jump as an enemy, steadily improving every time.

>Building your foe
Only 10 jumps? No, instead I've had Nemesis ever since the 10th jump, steadily growing stronger as they make choices each jump.

>Drawbacks
Every jump I build them with max CP, and depending on their personalities they'll pick different things.

>Reward
What reward? They're only here to make primary jumper miserable, why would there be a reward?

The longer the chain goes, the more Nemesis show up, some of them kill each other off, others team up, etc.
>>
>>44799109
Fuck you, multiplayer is delicious.
>>
>>44799881
There isn't a name for it, it's just something they made up for the films to make Death Eaters look spooky.

Weirdly enough though in DH Voldemort alone suddenly pulls off the same spell. I think Rowling saw the movies, decided they were cool and decided to just throw it in.
>>
>>44800096
Too much sourcream.
>>
>>44800108
No such thing. As long as it's genuine sour cream and not that shitty 'cheap mayonnaise with extra sour cream flavoured food additive' crap.
>>
>>44800108
You can make potatoes if all involved players explicitly agree and are cool with it. Otherwise you're just that faggot who runs into the kitchen and shits on everyone's plate. Nobody likes that guy.

Renegade Jumper doesn't actually require anyone else to have to eat that shit, so it's totally up to the anon in question whether they're fine with it or not.
>>
>>44800227
I dunno man, I always thought the key to a good potato was finding a balance between sour cream, chopped spring opinions and ground bacon

>>44800257
Would've been quicker just to type Tera or Bancho.
>>
>potatoes, potatoes, potatoes
I don't get it.
>>
>>44800257
People do not like the lore implications or the free items. You've been told this.

I also hate how you keep trying to justify your stupid garbage when people just wanted to joke about potatoes.
>>
>>44800317
Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.
>>
>>44800317
There was a joke Multiplayer Supplement made by a guy named Epicureanon.

It's actually a potato casserole recipe.
>>
>>44800317
Someone started talking about a multiplayer supplement they were making, got the thread really worked up, then posted what turned out to be a recipe for a pretty tasty potato casserole I think it was.
>>
>>44800320
> all anons are the same
>>
>>44800402
The only people in this thread are you, me, and the namefags. And I'm not so sure about the namefags.
>>
>>44800383
>>44800377
>Epicureanon
So, he was a troll or what? I don't get the multiplayer joke.
>>
>>44800402
Man, if the Borg had assimilated 4chan they would have destroyed themselves.
>>
>>44800480
A troll who became a genuine jumpmaker.

Made Battlestar Gallactica, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Dragon's Crown.
>>
>>44799789
Forgot your music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXp8Th41rBs
>>
>>44800480
A little, but not really? He ended up doing the Dragon's Crown, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Battlestar Galactica jumps.

I guess you really had to be there fore it.

>>44800454
>on the internet, nobody knows you're a namefag without the name on
>>
>>44794736
So I'm doing my SCP build because for some dumbass reason I think it's a good idea and have a question about the Location bit.

What's up with the second paragraph of it? I get that if you're an SCP you can choose between those two specified locations. Taking a Keter-class ability gets you labeled as Keter, though otherwise you can be either Euclid or Safe. I get lost around "Foundation-Friendly" part. It's not a perk later in the Jump, but you can be assigned duties despite being in containment yourself? What?

Also, Jumpers! How long is your rapsheet?
>>
>>44800480
A lot of people don't want multiplayer and for good reason. It would definitively become a pissing contest and open way for Jumper builds created just to kill other jumpers.

So when word got spread that a multiplayer supplement was being made, of course people got angry. But it turned out to be a troll that everyone laughed at and has become forever the response to jumpchain multiplayer.

You can still find the supplement on the drive.
>>
>>44800553
>How long is your rapsheet?
A curious question, because a) my best crimes are the ones where I've not been caught and b) most of my most heinous acts tend to happen in lawless settings.
>>
>>44800553
Sometimes they'll use humanoid SCPs for missions. Othertimes, the ones that look human and act human are basically given a job in the facility to keep them occupied or because they're useful and aren't likely to breach containment.
>>
>>44800567
>A lot of people

Honestly, has ANYONE ever actually WANTED multiplayer-that is, a free-for-all for any and all Jumpers instead of a few gimmick builds some folks do in private-to be the norm? As far as I can remember the response to it has always been a universal fuck no by everyone involved in the discussion.
>>
>>44800567
co-op multiplayer actually works fine, it's the every-jumper-for-themselves style multiplayer that would cause the shitstorms. That's what killed magical realm in the end, fuckwits turning it into a pissing contest and rubbing their fetishes in everyones faces.
>>
>>44800673
I should point out they phased out 076-2 by the time of the current timeline. As far as I know, they currently only use humanoid SCPs for low-risk activities or in circumstances where they're absolutely certain they can control their agency.
>>
>>44800681
The only thing I can think of is people being interested in runs with a few friends. I don't think anyone wants free for all multiplayer.
>>
>>44800681
I think Tera tried it. Says it all, really.
>>
>>44800681
Early on yes.
>>
>>44800681
A couple people have done joint chains and multiplayer with close friends, and that's about it. Nobody has ever tried to do a free-for-all as far as I'm aware, except for Tera, who tried to pick fights with a couple other people, and was universally denounced as a faggot.
>>
>>44800681
I believe Dirge has said that he has run/participated in multiplayer chains a few threads back.
>>
>>44800553
Not as long as some others like Val's, but fairly long.
However, in my defense, those are from societies whose "justice system" goes against what we would consider morally right.
Worlds like Commorragh or corrupt governments like Akame Ga Kill.

Though even those aren't as long as they should be as I often like to go at it like a Predator (the Yautja species) with a little bit of Batman.
I hunt them down and kill them without anyone else seeing it. The only, believable, evidence being left behind tending to be what I want left for when I want to send a message.
>>
Why does one idiot keep bringing this up lately?
>>
>>44800724
In retrospect it's honestly impressive how ASA never even replied to him once or even acknowledgedTera even existed, especially while the rest of the thread was busy roasting the fucker

Or maybe he actually went and filtered him permanently like a sensisble person

>>44800810
I thought it was just Val and someone called Alice
>>
>>44800716
>>44800701
>>44800567
Well, yeah. Co-op multiplayer isn't nearly as bad a free-for-all, but I was talking about general multiplayer which tends to be anything but co-op.
It's probably from my years of video games that I no longer put co-op and multiplayer in the same category.
>>
>>44800833
What, comic book physics, hurt feelings or multiplayer?

I imagine it's because we've recently got some new blood and they're curious since they weren't there for the more morbidly colourful parts of jumpchain history
>>
>>44800810
He does self-contained ones, mostly to test his jumps before release.
>>
In the Dresden jump, can I take both Seelie and Unseelie magic?
>>
>>44800673
>>44800709

So they used to, but don't currently, send certain SCP's out on missions? I know they sometimes use the safer objects in retrievals or tests with other SCP's.

My main sticking point is, am I interpreting it correctly in that last bit is an option to buy duties and walking around facilities for 100 CP, until you blow it by pulling off some keter bullshit or being an asshole?
>>
Anyone messed with pretty much Eidolon without a shard in Worm?
>Be me
>Be Worm jump
>Become hero named Random Task after killing SL9
>Propose it to protectorate
>Denied by being too random
>Plead for Oddjob
>Denied again
>"Just what is you power?"
>"As of now I stick to walls"
>"As of now?"
>"Yeah you see it kinda changed now and th--LAWNMOWERS!"
>Wha-?
>Yo anyone get me some paper and something write I got an idea for a supersonic flying lawnmower! Hurry up before it goes away!
>Yeah the nine where sortof an accident I was fiddling with this teleportation power I had since the day before and ended up in the next city over, came across the psychos and thank Jesus H Christ on a pogostick I got a power that let me make artificial suns. And thank him that it came with protection from it for me.
open mouths, raised eyebrows, etc
>"Sorry about the whole... irradiated craters thing"
>"...So... how long do you hold these powers...?"
>"well it varies, the longest I remember was for about two and a half days b--"
Cue to suddenly loose consistency and became puddle of black goo with lots of eyes in it.
Ghasps all around, a chick coms into the room.
Reform back to base form
>"Sorry, tinker power went away. Anyone need a guy with a superhuman sense of smell?"

So ended kindof in the bench for Endbringer emergencies.
>>
>>44801099
Nope.

>>44801134
Yep. Saner or less directly deadly humanoids generally get a better rep with the Foundation. The best example has to be this society of comic book style ninjas they're actually on pretty friendly terms with; they don't mind them much because the ninja society actively works to avoid detection by the public anyway
>>
>>44801083
>>44800810
I ran with some friends IRL before, just lost interest after a while. It's fun as a thought experiment, but jumpchain is for a very specific audience.

Besides, multiplayer with me tends to get ridiculous. Even with 15 companion slots, I usually have 60 - 70 summons/pets/creatures active. We're basically a moving caravan. Leliana really likes her wolf pack.
>>
>>44801148
One thing I've noticed about Worm is that the people there are very close-minded. They refuse to believe that anything but parahumans exist, so I went in without a shard and started doing crazier and more varied shit until they believed me when I said it was magic,
>>
>>44801148
I took being Taylor is suffering and passenger and basically gave her random intermittent powers going from stopping time to godlike pyrokinesis to an encyclopedic knowledge of plants from another planet and seeing through walls just to fuck with her.

Funniest reaction:That time I gave her prof.X style telepathy.

Being Taylor HAS to be suffering isn't it?
>>
>>44801295
Well, they're mostly right. Even the things that aren't parahumans are still directly related to them.
>>
>>44801344
No, I mean, like, they accept that alternate realities and aliens that traverse them are real, but somehow magic is an impossibility to them.
>>
>>44801295
Too much of a powerhungry munchkin to pass on the Sting power. But you. You ma nigga.

>>44801148
Still, I made a favor to Tay and just acted as a "(not exactly) power copy shard"

Shadowstalker-my own phase power
Aegis-Mercer's zim's human organ perk
Panacea-Mercer's biology
Glory girl-flying brick package and intimidation perks
any tinker-my own brand of alien tech
Golem-FMA alchemy
>>
>>44801148
>>44801295
I messed with Worm by pretending to be a more intelligent Scion.

I went around the world saving people, giving out powers, and at some point popped up at Taylor's school and told her bullies they were awful people. I also freaked out Cauldron by being in the same spot as Scion and saying "all according to plan."
>>
>>44801204
>Saner or less directly deadly
well, crap. Either I play nice and help them contain and secure, or I get placed in a series of increasingly elaborate containment units after repeatedly escaping and using a different ability each time since they adjust the new unit to compensate for them.

Or something else could happen.
>>
>>44801397
>Too much of a powerhungry munchkin to pass on the Sting power. But you. You ma nigga.

You mean Thanatos right?
>>
>>44801382
Because it is. There's no magic in the Worm universe, there's just sufficiently advanced technology. So anyone showing up with magic is just going to be assumed to have that, there's no reason to think otherwise.
>>
>>44801425
Thanatos is better for a companion buff because it's an additional entity anyway.
>>
>>44801382
To be fair, they do have a portal for those realities. And Cauldron has actually seen the ayylmaos.

Hell most of my magic could be explained via Trump or tinker bullshit.

Except the rinnegan resuscitation technique but im staying away from that one.
>>
>>44801416
>I also freaked out Cauldron by being in the same spot as Scion and saying "all according to plan."
Fucking great.

>>44801447
I don't think I'm expressing myself well here.
I'm not talking about magic inherent to their own universe.
They accept that people can travel between dimensions. But they can't fathom that those people, and the things they can do, are not the result of parahuman powers. That kind of annoyed me.
>>
>>44801425
Yep that one. Definitely Thanatos.

Plum Juggler's divide and time stop are perfect synergy for giving the last hit to a weak or dying subject and have everyone think later that the corpse disappeared in a government conspiracy.
>>
>>44801536
Well they're never exposed to a situation in which that isn't the case. Cauldron also know the 'truth' behind shards, so you could convince normal people you have magic with a bit more difficulty than you face with real worlds, then proving to Cauldron would require letting them know you know a lot more than they want you to know.
>>
>>44801536
Yes, because those people can travel between dimensions because they're parahuman. There are no superpowers of non-parahuman origin in any of the realities that can be accessed from Earth Bet. Zion and Eden cordoned off the set of realities that they were going to use for their experiments with the intent that none of them would be a threat to them. That's why none of the parallel worlds are post-singularity or whatever. Earth Bet and all adjoining realities are purely mundane ones where no superhumans exist, because that would compromise the experiment. They're not close-minded, they're just observing the pattern. Guy comes from another universe with weird superpowers? He's probably a parahuman, like all the other guys from other universes with weird superpowers. Any disagreement on his part is probably just him being crazy like that Myrddin weirdo.
>>
>>44801536
Because tinker BS, dynakinesis BS, and trump BS are "reasonable" alternatives.

primitive screwheads see a guy floating=Magic | no human can do that!
Average joe sees someone floating=wires?powers?magic?| dunno, there are some good magicians but there has to be a reasonable explanation, if not well, maybe magic.
Wormverse see someone flying= Definitely mover 6 or tinker 7. for all everyone knows capes have magic on them anyways.
>>
Is there any way to learn how to play the Holophoner from Futurama without having the Worms in you?
>>
>>44801148
Nope, too busy being an alien crystal supercomputer stuck in Taylor's head.

>>44801296
>Being Taylor HAS to be suffering isn't it?
Oh yes, it has to.

On my previous chain, that clusterfuck was my 5th jump. All I had to give her was Savant, a Gardevoir altform, some Shadowrun tech and magic, martial arts from Ranma, and Soft Physics.

So she used lots of guns, did crazy kung fu moves and pulled The Mask level stunts while, at my suggestion, spouting black humor and dirty jokes (to separate her hero persona from herself).
Someone on the internet compared her to the Comedian from watchmen. The name stuck.
Three months, an Endbringer and a S9 attack later, Taylor started drinking.

Shit only went downhill from there.

On this chain, though? It's 170th.
Payback time, bitches.
[evillaughter.mp3]

>>44801536
Well, they have (or think they have) some understanding of how powers work, and can fit most of it in scientific terms.

Unless you do into detail on how it works and show proof of the differences, they have no reason to believe your dragon transformation and Lung's are different.

You would get the opposite reaction if you went clarktech in FoZ or Harry Potter: they'd have no reason to believe what you're doing ISN'T magic.
>>
>>44801949
Practice
Or use that perk from musician jump
>>
>>44801949
You could get the Robot Devil's hands. Or you could just practice a lot, it's not impossible to learn. Just really hard.
>>
>>44801650
They admit they have no idea where powers come from or how they work. They're damn sure it's not magic, though.
They're also damn sure there's no such thing as telepathy, going so far as to redefine away anything that looks like it might be, despite WoG saying it exists.
tl;dr: in Worm, branding and PR is everything.
>>
>>44801973
>>44801985
Oh, I thought you needed some random quality only a few Futurama beings possessed. Practice it is.
>>
File: fed[1].png (34KB, 298x279px) Image search: [Google]
fed[1].png
34KB, 298x279px
I just realized something that made me chuckle.

>Take Personified Cells from The Mighty Boosh
>Pic related is now something that happens in your life
>>
>>44802054
Nah, Fry takes lessons with some other people right before he gets the Robot Devil's hands, and they do pretty okay at it. It's a learnable skill, just stupidly hard.
>>
>>44802054
Holophoner is just a ridiculously hard instrument to the point where nobody is actually a master of it
>>
>>44802032
To be fair the 'no telepathy' thing is a relic from early in the story, when Wildbow had not yet decided how everything worked and shit.

I mean, the argument for it was that "the human brain couldn't possibly handle the information strain from it" or something. Because normal human eyes obviously ARE capable of shooting laser, right?

Or it could be denial due to Simurgh paranoia.
Or just the people in Worm being full retarded for grimderpness sake's.

Any of the above, really.
>>
>>44802284
More paranoia and fear. Is not so much the "know everything in your head" but the Mind control aspect.

If Heartbreak was that disturbing imagine how Khepri level human control would have been.
>>
Soo. In the earlier version of the naruto jump did it specified it had to be a real animal? I vaguely remember some anons with dragon and monster hunter summons.
>>
>>44801971
>being an alien crystal supercomputer stuck in Taylor's head.

>Not being a spiritual warrior that reflects her soul capable of punching shit faster than the speed of light while being absolutely FABULOUS.
>>
>>44802456
The rule was that it had to be a non-superpowered animal. So you could have a banshee from Pandora or whatever, but you couldn't have a dragon.
>>
>>44802551
Well, I did say the situation back then was less than favourable.

This time around, though... I'm torn between doing just that, or going full Great One on Bet's unsuspecting populace.

>Cue Cauldron freaking out as ANOTHER space whale shows up and noms Scion.
>>
Hate to ask, but.... What's the status on the Eldar jump?
>>
File: lucky-star-gif-41.gif (122KB, 311x175px) Image search: [Google]
lucky-star-gif-41.gif
122KB, 311x175px
So, Youtube Jump.

... what was the last video you ever uploaded, /jc/?
>>
>>44802780
Still stuck on Wargear, working on Drawbacks.
>>
>>44802846
Minecraft Lets Play #9628: I've run out of Stone!
>>
>>44802846
a music video of so long and thanks for all the fish
>>
>>44802846

I built a flight control system out of potentiometers and an arduino board. Our professor wanted us to upload a demo to youtube.
>>
>>44802759
Reminds me of the anon that took the Evangelion jump and curbstomped an angel, declared himself the protector of mankind, videogames, and awesome stuff while blasting power metal from everywhere and nowhere before making tacos rain.

Godspeed, Anon.
>>
>>44803008
What kind of power metal was it.
THIS IS IMPORTANT.
>>
So Jumpers, when have you completely ruined the mood of some important scene, and how did you do it?

Personally that collection of Kazoos and the ability to clone myself was the best decisions I ever made and they have infinite uses for just ruining the atmosphere of whatever anybody is doing at the time.
>>
>>44802553
So I can totally be the turtle sage ?
>>
>>44803105
Sure, knock yourself out.
>>
File: swordfight.webm (3MB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
swordfight.webm
3MB, 560x315px
How do I sword, /jc/?
>>
>>44803102
Anon please tell me you used the kazoos to play the Imperial theme song when Vader was walking in.
>>
>>44803008
Truly, an exemplar individual for all of Jumperkind.

>>44803105
Well, turtle summons are canon. Just ask Gai nicely, he'll probably let you get them.
>>
>>44803139
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs
>>
>>44803139
8 bit theater, mushoku tensei, wuxia, light of terra, quest for glory, sword art online, either Fate jump, lord of light, tsukihime, kara no kyoukai, terraria.
>>
>>44803079
Don't remember the band, just that it was something of a choral riff after a solo...
>>
>>44803102
I *might* have interrupted Dumbledore's funeral with automatic weapons fire. Does that count?
>>
>>44803105
You are just going for a Roshi endgame aren't you?

Neat.
>>
>>44802846
A Step-by-Step guide on how to build your own yandere jumper-tech robot waifu.

If it weren't for the win condition and my paranoia, I would've done that at the beginning of the jump so I could actually see the results of my actions. Sadly, it was not so.
>>
I have a potentially dumb question but for marvel can you combine a power with itself to make it more powerful or would adding the strength power to another power do that?
>>
>>44803139
Dead series.
>>
>>44803273
... Dragonforce?
>>
>>44803346
Strength might. Double ups do not work.
>>
>>44802846
A random, several-second clip of me taking a sledgehammer to a router and the table it sits on.

The router is Comcast, and the table is Ikea.

No other context beyond that.
>>
>>44803404
Ah yes, the hardest metal known to man.
>>
>>44803198
Really I never knew gai had turtles.
>>44803315
I do like teaching people.
>>
>>44803557
Any teachable lazer power?
>>
What are the best types of vampires and werewolves to become?
Hellsing for both?
>>
>>44803492
>Ah yes, the hardest metal known to man.
... Just because you said that, I shall name my band from Musician jump "Adamantium".

AND IT WILL BE GLORIOUS!
AND SLANEESH WILL BE PLEASED!...wait, wha- SHIT!
>>
>>44803674
For wherewolf, yes pretty much. Rosario+Vampire is second or third depending on tastes and the whole "waning strength"

For Vampires, definitively Hellsing. there's the 'good souls corrupt you' limitation the author of the jump put, but the power absorption kinda makes up for that. There's the barely explained magic Alucard uses.
>>
>>44803673
Hmm if you have haki from one piece it can be trained into a long range laser. If your just now hitting up jojo then the ripple can can let you make lasers but it would take a stone of Aja so not mass production. If you take most of the qi perks you can become proficient enough to make lasers through pure will.
>>
>>44803784
Wait, come to think of it, can you take both of those and the holy magic empowerment that Hellsing has?
Because that's kind've funny.
>>
>>44803784
No reason to go werewolf in Rosario. Either you pick a weaker supernatural for flavor or you go all in and go vampire. Werewolves are inferior to vamps and don't have the 'uniqueness' of picking another supernatural, so they're in an awkward place.
>>
File: Opinions.jpg (48KB, 394x406px) Image search: [Google]
Opinions.jpg
48KB, 394x406px
>>44803870
>>
>>44804037
I mean, sure you can go werewolf for flavor, but personally I see no reason unless it's the kind of werewolf where you get some unique traits in your 'normal', daily form, like yellow eyes or being a full on wolf monsterboy/girl. Not really the case here, you just look normal except on the full moon, which is the only time you beat vampires in anything and even then it's only in one area, speed.
>>
>>44803870
I thought about doing that but like >>44801295
my contempt at that ball of annoying harem clichés won out.

I went as human and kept every power a "secret".When shit happened I just secretly used clarividence and subtle perks to come out on top.

More or less that he/those who hunt monsters fanfic but with less fucks to give.
>>
>>44804128
I always felt like people should just let go and have some fun instead of taking every setting like it's serious. You know?
>>
>>44803870
>>44804102
Eh, at least R+V wolves are only weak to silver. Their vamps, on the other hand:

>Vampires as the strongest Youkai paradoxically possess the most weaknesses. They are weak to holy weapons/abilities, Silver, Crucifixes, and their abilities are nearly debilitated by pure water which also causes them immense pain as if they had been exposed to electrical current and negates their Vampiric Abilities. Vampires are forced to use herbal blends in water so they can bathe and cook. Vampires avoid Garlic and are very susceptible to sunburns.

I mean, damn son. That gotta sucks.
>>
>>44804245
Weaknesses go away post-jump. Non-factor.
>>
>>44804164
>letting your guard down

This kills the Jumper. Nowhere is safe.
>>
>>44804164
>fun
What's that?
>>
>>44804260
Paranoia is unhealthy.
>>
>>44804260
That's why I always have Tweedlified active with one body safe and sound in the warehouse.
>>
>>44804260
> Nowhere is safe.
Even I relaxed in Winnie the Pooh, Anon.

I mean, I might have confused everyone when Pooh asked if I wanted to play baseball and I ran screaming in the other direction, but other than that it was very relaxing.
>>
>>44804288
I'm tempted to subcontract my paranoia to a dedicated personality fragment, who then forwards its prime concerns to a second personality fragment, who sorts them into "bullshit I don't actually need to worry about" and "legitimate concerns".
Seems like I'd do less worrying that way.
>>
>>44804258
It's a factor while you're there. Post-jump means nothing if you end up dying because, say, you ate pasta and choked on garlic.
>>
>>44804369
>Eating pasta
Anon you're a vampire.
>>
>>44804164
heh, at this point in jumps most have 'for fun' option. Like being an angel shaped like Godzilla on evangelion. Or being as Tom Bmbadil, dance into mordor, punch Sauron in the eyeball and be back for dinner.

Just try to imagine the faces of youkai when 'yes, he didn't die because of luck and yes, the guy that did it didn't even broke human form and yes, he made a BBQ with his tail the day after but no, I don't know what the hell is he supposed to be to flip off everyone who challenges him and call then edgy brats.

Endgame is, turn into a giant burning steel dragon and fire a gigantic Fuck-you lazer at eldritch abomination vampire ting. Everyone happy I didn't do it any other time
>>
File: 1445058554275.jpg (72KB, 556x338px) Image search: [Google]
1445058554275.jpg
72KB, 556x338px
>>44804387
> not being able to enjoy pasta
> for ten years

WORST RACE.
>>
>>44804387
So? Just because I don't /need/ to eat doesn't mean I don't /like/ to eat.

>>44804478
Muh Nigga!
>>
>>44804260
I dunno. By that point you're slowly killing yourself out of sheer paranoia. Kind of like clenching so hard you shit out your organs, you know?
>>
>>44804588
Is there a story behind this, Red?
>>
>>44804588
If that is the price of vigilance, I accept it.
>>
File: wut.png (30KB, 227x200px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
30KB, 227x200px
>>44804588
>Kind of like clenching so hard you shit out your organs, you know?
>>
>>44804588
Did you clench too hard? Is that why you have that big ol booty?
>>
>>44804164
>I always felt like people should just let go and have some fun
This is one of the reasons I actually like to avoid taking drawbacks whenever I can, and even then I try to only take ones that I have a way to deal with. What good is going on a multiversal trip if you're suffering the whole time?
>>
To hell with R+V bloodsuckers

I WAS already a vampire

A REAL Vampire

but for some reason no one let me kiss the blood out of them...
>>
File: 1451989927595.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1451989927595.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>44804588
>>
>>44804698
Specifically, I juse see anons complaining about setting conventions and trying to change things and make the world more 'serious' and require more work than it should. It's just like, can't you let loose and play along for ten years?
>>
File: rainy cemetery.gif (935KB, 400x214px) Image search: [Google]
rainy cemetery.gif
935KB, 400x214px
>>44804698
Through pain, we grow stronger. Through calamity, we are purged. Through suffering, we are cleansed of our frailties.

Fall into the very depths of despair, Jumper, and rise a new being for it. Pay the penance for your mortal failings, and you too shall be as a god.
>>
>>44804798
Meh. Give me 10 fairly casual jumps and I can already kill most gods.
>>
>>44804588
>Kind of like clenching so hard you shit out your organs, you know?
So, I was on pain meds for 60 days straight once. It was an experience. Unfortunately for me the doc who perscribed my meds and gave me my post operation instructions failed to mention one thing: the meds they gave me stopped me up. He was /supposed/ to give me something to fix that.

Anyway, after not shitting for a good week or so I finally start to worry, they were /really/ good pills, so I ask my roomie to go pick me up some Taco Bell.

So, you talk about clenching so hard you shit out your organs? Yeah, I know exactly what that's like. Seven days worth of shit, freed by a bean burrito grande meal taught me many things.

Learn from my pain.
>>
>>44804798
But power won't make me happy, enjoying life will.

What's the point of taking drawbacks to grow stronger if I'm not happy?
>>
>>44804986
Happiness comes second.

First must come penance. Suffer the weight of all that you have done. Of all that you have failed to do.

Suffer, as we all must.
>>
File: 1425664958504.jpg (58KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1425664958504.jpg
58KB, 500x367px
>>44804930
Holy shit dude
>>
>>44804913
Nintendogs; Total Drama; The Room; Animal Crossing; Akagi; Generic Medical Drama; Muppets; Comedy; Splatoon; Girlchan;

Kill me a god, ya badass mothafucker.
>>
File: 1388381242305.jpg (6KB, 194x251px) Image search: [Google]
1388381242305.jpg
6KB, 194x251px
>>44804622
Not for me, but apparently >>44804930 has a whale of a tale.

>>44804681
OI. Exercise, a balanced diet, and a shitton of genetic engineering is why my booty is SHAPELY, thankyouverymuch.
>>
>>44805080
I'd challenge a minor God to a shogi game and use my super special ultimate heavenly unheavnly God killing pencil poker technique simple.
>>
>>44804930

I have no words.
Just a priest on speed-dial.
>>
I have a question about the game not meant to be played background in SAO. What does it mean by your physical perks do not carry over while you are in VR? Does it mean they no longer apply in game, they no longer apply to your body, or both?
>>
>>44805306
Just in-game, if I recall.
>>
>>44805080
Only need one.

>Gambler's Demon

Challenge a top god to an open-ended gamble and get him to use some type of magic BS so that the loser has to perform the gamble. Cash in the favor as killing another god.

EZPZ
>>
>>44805327
I mean they have to honor the request, no perform the gamble.
>>
>>44805306
They don't apply to the game, unless they buff your reflexes, in which case they still buff your reflexes, the jump maker wanted it to be clear that the reason why you didn't have your perks was because you were playing VR, there was a huge shitstorm about it for a while. Though seriously SAO has one of the screwiest mechanics for game balancing. In the game the system basically checks public opinion on things, and if people believe that something should be more powerful, it will be. So if you convince everyone that you are a badass far stronger than your level would suggest, the game shifts game balance to make it so.
>>
Can we not break the deadlight but still involve the Chaos gods in LoT?

Wait, never mind, I want to live and remain as sane as possible.
>>
So I have been tweaking my Marvel build and I am curious if a couple of ideas I have would work. I am not too great at this thinking up combined powers.

First Super Charisma (Friend of the Media + Strength) Basically I want to be super likable to a degree it's a super power.

Second and sort of related... Popularity Control (Friend of the media + Kinesis + Energy) I can make anything more or less popular.
>>
>>44805488
>Can we not break the deadlight but still involve the Chaos gods in LoT?
One of the DLCs is Magnus. Another involves the Plague of Unbelief. Several of them involve psykers or psyker powers.
>>
What are some things that happened in your adventures that make you call bullshit whether it's yourself or someone else?

... I uh... I took DMC as a first jump and somehow survived Legendary Dark Knight Mode. Yeah, dice gods were with me that day. Didn't push my luck with Dante though.
>>
>>44805636
Dice Gods just saved me from Ravenloft. Was Jump 14 for me.
>>
>>44805519
Those would both work, with the minor problem that Skills can't be combined with powers (check the section headings). On the other hand, those are both inoffensive enough (and the second one original enough) I think they'd be fine.
>>
Was there a perk that affected time limits? I seem to remember there being something that did but not what it was.
>>
>>44804930
I had this experience once, only it was about two-three weeks.

I bled for three days.
>>
>>44805733
Closest thing I can think of is one of the capstones in Charles Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden.
>>
>>44805733
There's that perk in Tomb Raider that stops the clock if you're actively trying to complete your objective.
>>
>>44805733
What sort of time limits? There is a Pilot perk in NGE that lets you operate at full capacity without draining power under a time limit. Also boosts your capability.

There's a perk somewhere that lets you push back deadlines but I can't remember where it's from sadly.
>>
>>44805306
*Drawback
>>44805316
>>44805436
Thank you.
>>
>>44805698
>Skills can't be combined with powers
>But I'll let you do it this once
Come on man, seriously? Do you really need to have the issue with allowing only specific things to be passed through with everything else not? It's bad enough that people need to check with you on combos without also wondering whether or not they can break the rules.
>>
>>44804588
>not clenching so hard you become a candelabra
Get on my level
>>
>>44805874
>clenching
>now candelabras
Right, this discussion's gone straight to shit
>>
>>44805810
I was specifically thinking there was one that could affect 'you can only use this once a day' sort of cooldowns, but I might have been remembering it wrong.
>>
>>44805636
Murdered Kratos, while he was fully kitted out with every magical countermeasure he could get on me.
>>
>>44805519
Sorry, >>44805843 is right. I really should just go for consistency. You'll have to find another solution. I do remind people, again, that combos are in no way a necessity in the jump. Hope you didn't waste too much time trying to figure those out.
>>
File: cat storage.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
cat storage.gif
1MB, 500x280px
So what's it take to become a familiar to one of your Companions, /jc/?

I get indecisive when given too many options, so having someone else with their own agenda to follow around is useful.
>>
>>44802846
A striptease. I uploaded it right before the boss called time, so no issues with the Terms of Service.
>>
>>44806026
Or if you did, just go with it anyway. It's not like it's some power grab, it was well thought out and original, and single player, etc, etc.
>>
Man, I can't /not/ take Hooligan Tuesday.

Like, this is my third chain, and it's with Hooligan every time.
>>
>>44806084
Tuesday a best girl.
>>
>>44806028
Worthless lesser.
>>
>>44806084
Enjoy your drug addiction.
>>
>>44806111
That description text too

>You wake up wishing you hadn't with a cigarette balanced between your teeth, a massive craving for Morphine, a hell of a lot of questions and a massive craving for Morphine.

Way better than travelling with some blue fascist, or a robot spider.
>>
>>44806028
Become their servant in a Fate/ jump? Or their Inukami in Inukami?
>>
Speaking of DMC is there a drawback limit?

I remember some anon was talking about taking Even a Devil May Cry and Nemesis and using the latter to fluff out why demons were being sent after his loved ones.
>>
>>44806136
You don't have any morphine to take though, you're going cold turkey on this one without a choice in the matter.
>>
>>44806138
I dunno, a robot spider who manages to pull off a smug look despite not having a face is pretty awesome. Plus, it's just begging to be upgraded into a lolicron.
>>
>>44806195
You're cripplingly addicted to it, will always have cravings, and can probably synth and WILL synth it as soon as you're on the planet.
>>
>>44806198
But your human organs
>>
>>44806160
That works! Thanks, anon!
>>
>>44806232
Weakness.
>>
>>44806186
Don't think there is. Go wild! Get CUH-RAZEY!
>>
>>44806232
You mean the lungs it ripped out of me? The ones which were damaged beyond repair and now I don't need anymore? Yeah, let 'em rot. Fucking things can't even breathe in space.
>>
>>44806028
FoZ, Void Slave. Hope like hell you role well.
>>
>>44806138
>or a robot spider.
You take that back, anon!
>>
>>44806028
They have to be a fun person to be around. That's really all. Strength? Intelligence? A great body? There are perks for all those things. But you can't make someone compatible with you with CP.
>>
>>44806210
Bullshit, it says nothing about you always being addicted to it, it just says that you really want morphine, a lot. You're taking it way to far.
>>
>>44806138
>Not taking one of the wELFus
It's like you hate happiness.
>>
>>44806414
Different anon, but iirc it's mentioned in Part 2 that you still have a crippling morphine addiction. I'm almost positive it's mentioned again.
>>
>>44806414
I'm talking about the way real life morphine addictions go. Opiate addictions do not ever, ever stop
>>
So, what are the best ways to abuse Ensoul?
>>
>>44806433
>Being mind raped by an elf
>Or physically raped, it's a choice.
>>
>>44806495
no bully
>>
>>44806495
Psst, where's that from? I've heard people mention it but I must have missed any mentions of where it comes from.
>>
>>44806459
It says
>Determined to make up for accidentally getting you hooked on Morphine the woman surprised herself most of all as she quickly transformed,
Which doesn't imply you have any more of an addiction than at the start.
>>44806489
In which case I don't care because I've had Opiates, and I build resistance to them. As such they don't work worth a damn on me so they have to give me other pain killers.
>>
>>44806367
Sorry senpai, I just prefer companions with emotion.

I played in a punk band in Musician and Scott Pilgrim, the first time I learned magic I went hard into flame evocation, in some worlds I'm known simply the name 'The Revolutionary'.

Dead-eyed boring robo-egyptians just aren't an option.
>>
>>44806550
Cardcaptor Sakura.
>>
>>44806552
You've had opiates. You have never been addicted to them.
>>
>>44806138
Not wanting the bestest sister
>>
>>44806611
I'm saying they don't do anything to me, thus I find the idea of being addicted to them odd at best. So maybe I just can't wrap my head around being addicted to morphine, but because I can't I discount being addicted to it.
>>
>>44806084
Man, I really wanted Tuesday.
But, I weighed that not only would Carwyn give me a better chance at survival, but the whole "build a peaceful, working society of both Humans and Eldar" was just not something I could pass up for my long term plans with the 40k universe.
>>
>>44806733
Do you think this society is mainly made up of tsundere eldar trying to avoid admitting their various crushes to their human counterparts?
>>
>>44806763
Sorry, I had the wrong link so I had to re-post.

To your question. Probably not.
But a man can dream
>>
File: magic hands.png (139KB, 540x764px) Image search: [Google]
magic hands.png
139KB, 540x764px
>>44806028
Technically my familiar would have been Mairwen, the Webgoblin but that didn't even last through half of the time I spent in Webmage. We're partners in crime and good friends. Now though we have a sort of familiar across the group in the form of Haul - the ghost AI we picked up in Destiny. That ability to store vehicles in hammerspace is very convenient, now we can actually take our wheels with us from place to place. Though he spends most of his time in the form of a house cat with Mairwen so my once familiar has a familiar and the rest of us just borrow it for exploring.

If demon swords that actively try and take over your body on a regular basis count as familiars though, mine would definitely be Chardent the shu-shu.
>>
So, exactly how powerful is an Uplifted Witch from Soul Eater?
>>
>>44807154
In comparison to what exactly
>>
>>44807154
I wonder if vector snakes would make for a fun fight with Accelerator.
>>
>>44807232
Just in general. I've never watched/read the series, and the jump's pretty vague on exactly what Sorcerers can do.
>>
So are there any perks that let you convert energy into matter?
>>
>>44807402
Well there's those two powers, one in Touhou and one in Worm, that let you create suns.
>>
>>44807402
Well any magic system that can convert energy into ice/earth can then use FMA alchemy to convert it into something else.
>>
>>44807154

Ah, apologies on that the vagueness, the series itself only has a few examples of Sorcerors, and the examples given vary so much that it's hard to say what they're like other than "far more powerful on average than witches."
>>
>>44807557
Okay, thanks.
I was just trying to decide if going that route was worth it.
>>
>>44797578

OH GOD IM IMAGINING SOMETHING FOUND ITS WAY INSIDE AND WONT GET OUT I CANT GET IT OUT SOMEONE HELP
>>
File: chicken hug.gif (4MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
chicken hug.gif
4MB, 384x288px
>>44808113
Calm down, anon. Everything's gonna be okay.
>>
>>44808113
Turn your head and cough.
>>
>>44808113
Don't worry, it will leave after it lays it's eggs.
>>
>>44808113
Calm down, don't think of spiders crawling inside your body.
>>
>>44808113
Just ask Sakura for advice spiders and worms aren't that different tight ?
Thread posts: 439
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.