[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General - MTG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 45

File: 10[1].jpg (49KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
10[1].jpg
49KB, 312x445px
Greatest Card in EDH Edition

Old thread: >>44742584 (auto-saging)
>RESOURCES
http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s colour identity.

CARD SEARCHING:

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
>>
File: Flamewright-MtG-Art.jpg (324KB, 700x512px) Image search: [Google]
Flamewright-MtG-Art.jpg
324KB, 700x512px
I wish this card was legendary
>>
EDH games take an eternity already, Sensei's Durdling Top is one of the most unfun cards in the format in the hands of a slow player.
>>
>>44785152

Is it wrong that I actually thought about using her?
>>
opponent has sen triplets
i have bottled cloister

they both trigger at upkeep, each player, in active player then nonactive player order, puts triggered abilities he or she controls on the stack in any order he or she chooses

this means sen triplets player is the active player so he puts his "select target opponent whose hand i will probe" on top of the stack and then me, the non active player puts the bottled cloister trigger on the top of the stack.

then the stack resolves, i exile my hand and then sen triplets gets to look at my hand.

correct?
>>
File: mfw_donate.png (44KB, 542x529px) Image search: [Google]
mfw_donate.png
44KB, 542x529px
>>44786563
>He doesn't play pauper EDH
>>
>>44787077
Should I build the deck? Seems underwhelming compared to other artifact decks like Sludge Strider
>>
So anyone got any suggestions for upgrades to Plunder the Graves?
>>
>>44787073

Correct
>>
>>44787073

Bottled cloister is extremely dangerous in edh
>>
i've made a deck on tapped out thats's 17 cards over and need some suggestion on what to cut
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-01-16-bug-infect/
>>
>>44787954
You're 18 cards over the limit and I'd cut Tel-Jilad Fallen, Marsh Viper and Sabertooth Cobra.
Also, 30 lands is very little and I don't really get the Clone subtheme, since your enemies won't have creatures with infect. And adding Phyresis doesn't cover that flaw.
>>
>>44788093
the clones are more to copy my own things
>>
I've wanted to make Rakdos for a while, but I don't know if I should run Lord of Riots for big creatures, or the Defiler for boardwipes. Which is better your opinions?
>>
I'm thinking of building another edh deck. I'm thinking of Jalira with some ETB effects, big creatures and a bunch of clone dudes and spells. I could also try to build Vorel, it'd be way different from everything else my friends and I play. Or go with Tariel, but I already have two decks that interact with the graveyard.

Which one is more fun in a multiplayer setting?

>>44789515
Lord of Riots.
>attack with defiler
>they exile it
>>
>>44785771
Is it just me, it is the temptation to go crazy yard focused with Sidisi a real thing?

Like I have freaking Dralnu, Havengul Lich, and Traumatize.
Shit is fun as fuck, but I took out most of my non wrath control cards because the group I play with now is a lot more casj and they don't deserve me basically having unlimited counters or beast withins on top of unblockable zombie hordes.
>>
>>44786494
encourages slowplay, needs banhammer
>>
>>44786563
seems pretty useless m8
>>
>>44786425
>Norin Chaos

Seriously, fuck off
>>
>>44790549
Speaking of cancer, what should I be running for Oloro enchantress? Or am I better off running Hanna?

Would post a list, but it's still in the very early stages of brew (60 cards over)
>>
So i opened a gideon ally of zendikar recently, but im not sure what to do with him. Looked in edhrec and he is only in ally themed decks. Is it worth running him or does he only shine in an ally deck? i was thinking of building one anyways, with either the new legend or alesha because most of them have two power or less and i could bring them back for combat tricks
>>
>>44790767
No. Marshal's Anthem is better than his ult for 4 mana. Only Ally decks really benefit from his other abilities. I guess a token deck could *kinda* use his 0, but even then in most cases elspeth would be better.
>>
>>44790794
Forgot elspeth was 6 mana, but unless you're in a combo on turn 4 meta (and I doubt that from you asking this), the difference between 4 and 6 is smaller than you'd think in edh.
>>
>>44790767
I would sell it unless you plan on building a superfriends deck.
Or maybe hold on to it once Oath gets released and people start building decks again for Standard.
>>
>>44789918
c-can someone help me choose?
>>
>>44791159
Lord of riots.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-enchantress-2/

I'm bad at deckbuilding, can anyone help me cut >27 cards?
>>
>>44791215
Mind if I ask why Oloro with Enchantments?
>>
>>44791203
But I'm not that guy, I was answering him instead. My choices are Jalira, Vorel and Tariel.
>>
>>44791245
Picked oloro for UWx , plus he's an emergency source of card draw.

>>44791254
I personally dislike Tariel, mostly due to the art. If your meta has no UGx cancer, you should cherish that fact and not be the first one to drop a Prophet of Kruphix. That leaves one qt for BIG BLUE BEATERS. (two actually if you count braids)
>>
>>44791332
I think that most Oloro decks rarely even cast Oloro unless they have nothing to do. And if you are in Blue then card draw shouldn't be an issue imo.

Have you considered Zur?
>>
>>44791386
I'm fairly sure the people in my LGS would put him at Mizzix levels of Kill-On-Sight.

I'm aware that oloro is left in the command zone for the lifegain, but I wanted to be a speshul snowflake.
>>
>>44791215
Down to 18 cuts needed, I'm at the point where every card genuinely seems useful on its own. Already culled by CMC and price.
>>
>>44791332
I already have a Mimeoplasm deck, so I'm responsible for the U/G. I guess BBB is the way to go. Thanks anon!
I'll build Tariel when I have more money
>>
>>44790808
My previous meta was really cut throat, but my current one is really chill and low power and now I have decks that I cant play without pissing people off.
>>
Cromat or Progenitus?
>>
>>44791444
>Oloro
>Special Snowflake

Literally THE most played commander right now.
>>
>>44791615
>Oloro that actually casts him
>special snowflake
>>
>>44791588
it most likely won't matter.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/karametra-wip/
muh karametra list. I cut a lot of my token makers (rampaging baloths, zendikar's roil, emeria angel, primeval bounty, etc) because my meta is removal heavy and more often than not my token makers just got wiped away without doing anything for me. added more spot removal/interaction to replace them

if bloom titan gets b& when modern ban list updates I'll add an amulet of vigor and summoner's pact to the list.
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 286x176px
>Mfw I Krosan Grip a top and they get butthurt
>>
File: Tibor and Lumia.jpg (104KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tibor and Lumia.jpg
104KB, 375x523px
These guys anons? I could use some hot opinions.

How would you run them? Turning every red spell into a wrath/tap all with deathtouch/Neko-ta or similar? Run Gravity Sphere effects, so only you get flying?
More Combo than control? Actually using the board?

Do you like having equips that buff based on spells, or is relying on so many artifacts diluting your fun times with u/r value?

Ever run creatureless? Enjoyment vs creatured? Run Proteus Staff, or just wound up killing them so it wasn't worth it?

How hard does/would your playgroup hate these two?
Anything cool/fun/weird I've missed, should know, out just sounds neat?
>>
>>44791967
Looks like complete shit m8
>>
Whats the best Gideon for EDH?
>>
>>44792308
Quit playing precon decks, gaylord.
>>
>>44792387
Theres a difference between an underplayed commander and an unplayable commander, anon.
You may as well just play that commander for the colors and nothing else.
>>
>>44792413
What makes them unplayable? I mean shit, I used to have a Razia deck that wasn't terrible, so what makes them just trash?
>>
File: 92[1].jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
92[1].jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>44792466
Well Razia comes in swinging and doesn't even tap to swing. Then of course you can always run Angel tribal with it, with a ton of other busted Angels.

Tibor does almost nothing to impact the board apart from be a 3/3 that encourages Storm play, except that its shit at supporting proper Storm play.

tl:dr get Mizzix and have some fun.
>>
I've been nabbing some of the premade 2015 and 2014 Commander sets for some of the cards inside. Any really notable cards from any of the sets I should look towards? A local shop has every variation of them.
>>
File: 1414725178295.png (150KB, 340x375px) Image search: [Google]
1414725178295.png
150KB, 340x375px
>>44791804
>mfw I counter you krosan grip
>>
>>44792592
Pick up spider fog!
>>
File: 5164.jpg (203KB, 1108x708px) Image search: [Google]
5164.jpg
203KB, 1108x708px
>>44792550
Going further:
>I want to play competitively
Play Melek
>I want to play a fuckton of spells
Play Mizzix
>I want to cheat
Play Jhoira
>I want to have fun with a dragon
Play Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
>Too much fun
Play Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius
>I want to play the lottery
Play Keranos
>I ant to play Artifacts
Play Nin
>I'm just in it for the colors
Play Tibor
>Lol so randum XD
Play Arjun
>>
>>44790582
Oloro Enchantress really just needs Propaganda effects (there's a million) and Solitary Confinement. Also running all three Hondens that are on color for you is good, though the black one is always mediocre even in my 5 color deck. Paradox Haze is also fun if you have things you want to do during your upkeep.

The main issue you'll have is getting enough card draw, since you don't have green Enchantresses to combo off with. I actually run most of those things I mentioned in my Oloro deck, but my Enchantress deck is Damia--having multiple Enchantresses plus Attunement is just gross.
>>
>>44792550
>>44792633
Oh well I guess you missed it, but last thread I asked for a spellslinger that wasn't the usual durdle durdle, then suddenly jackinit.
Didn't give my reasons, my group is this weird line between casual and tryhard, so when I built Mizzix/Melek it felt too much like cheating.
they run pretty much every precon spellslinger but tend to be less than effective

So pretty much, yeah, I know they're suboptimal, but I wanna sling spells, not take ten minute turns since mine are usually at least five with a more straightforward deck. I also like that challenge inherent in building something less obvious because I'm a true hipster deep in my Johnny soul.
>>
>>44791967
Don't let the haters put you off, /tg/ is known for its exaggerated opinions. You get mad props for taking this general and actually building the deck around them, though I suspect it won't be top of the pile power wise. Don't take him just for the colours, if you want to do that run some obscure useless general from 20 years ago like the other hipsters and just leave him in the command zone.

I would be careful about the fact that if you play red spells without a blue one first, this guy is going to just kill himself. Voltron style builds will get around that by largely being unable to do enough damage.

If I was building this commander I'd probably go for creatureless, voltron, or mass flyers + the gravity effects you mentioned. Red also has damage doublers (Dictate of the Twin Gods, Furnace of Rath, Gratuitous Violence etc) that can make his 1dmg into something pretty gross, and cards like repercussion turn that into player damage that will stack up very quickly
>>
File: Zada.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Zada.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
[[Drawing intensifies]]

Any other not-quite-Ink Treader players here? These go for everyone.

Tell me your favorites.
>Favorite cantrip
>Favorite pump spell
>Favorite shitty card that you love anyway
>Favorite incredible card that nobody's heard of
>Favorite card that happens to work PERFECTLY with your commander

Gotta go with Fiery Gambit for Zada. It does always work, but when it does...
There's nothing quite like burning face for 18, drawing 27 cards, and floating 15+ mana for 2R.
>>
>>44793273
How exactly does Zada copy Fiery Gambit's effects?
>>
>>44793402
So, say you've got Zada and an arbitrary number of tokens. We'll do, I dunno, 10 1/1 Goblins.
Here's the wording on Fiery Gambit: Blah blah blah, target creature, blah blah blah, each.
In other words, it only targets one creature.
So, pop that fucker on Zada, it'll activate her ability, and it copies the spell for every other creature you control.
That means that you have (in our example) one Fiery Gambit and 10 copies of it on the stack. Start flipping!
You can even choose to continue flipping until you get tails if you don't want to kill Zada, and since you control all the copies, you choose the order in which they resolve.
>>
>>44791159
Vorel, always be different just to be different.
>>
>>44792384
Original in the abstract, new one in a token deck.
>>
>>44786494

The card that makes games take an extra hour.
>>
>>44792619
People get so buttmad when this happens, and I love it. Split second =/= uncounterable.
>>
>>44791588
Cromat. Mainly because no one has any idea what he does and he looks baller as fuck.
>>
>>44793660
but doesn't the reminder text on split second
>As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't cast spells or activate abilities that aren't mana abilities
>As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't cast spells
>Players can't cast spells
>As long as this spell is on the stack
essentially make it an uncounterable spell?
or are you using other sources that "counter it" similar to the card "Shell of the Last Kappa"? I dont wanna counter a krosan grip without my play group getting anal pain because i believed some dude on the internet
>>
>>44792915
Well I'd already reasoned out why I was going T&L, so it'd be rather hard to put me off. Think I'll try some creature less/near creatureless with them, sounds like a good time. If I can find enough recursion outside of Izzet Chronarch-esque creatures, I'll run Proteus Staff instead, always wanted to try that out.

Might try a little Voltron, but I think wiping the rest of the board/being the only flier will help me out a lot there, so the pumping of the two wouldn't have to be so important.

Repercussion is exactly what they want, as long as I can give opponents some tokens and find a few more enchantment recursion abilities in u/r.

>>44792915
>>44793273
Grab the Reins/Any 'borrow this' red cards are always fun.
Particularly the buffing ones.
Blast of Genius.
Illicit Auction is a particular favourite.
I wrote this out, then realized she only copies for your dudes.

Heat Shimmer and Twinflame would be silly, and any of the Crimson Wisp effects would be an awesome follow-up.
>>
>>44792853
I can't tell why you wouldn't just go with Niv Mizzet. He has flying stapled on, and either one of his cards has your repeatable one damage and lends itself to a spellslinger deck better. I get that you're trying to do something different, but you've gone past the point of novelty and straight into hipsterdom.
>>
>>44793831
You can only counter krosan grip with triggered abilities
>>
>>44791588
Cromat. He does literally everything other than give you card advantage and is cheap as fuck to cast compared to other 5 color legends
>>
>>44793842
If I were you, I'd add a Grafted Exoskeleton to that list
>>
>>44793866
In regards to OG Niv, he 'only' damages one target per drawn card, meaning that I'll need to draw several cards to wipe the field, and would obviously focus on drawing more than control. Dracogenius needs to be the one to deal damage, and only draws when damaging a player, meaning I'd need to dedicate more cards to control again.

Really, it's not so much a combo deck as it is a red/blue Voltron control deck.
I fully admit going hipster about this, but I've got more reasons than "gotta be different lol".

>>44793954
I will definitely add it to the list, being able to finish games/players faster once I've established control is always good. Have to see if it's worth it, or if I can use it to replace a chunk of Voltron and have more room for muh spells.
>>
Other than Pelakka Wurm and the two coloured dragons from Tarkir are there any good (un)common fatties?
>>
File: 232.png (129KB, 260x339px) Image search: [Google]
232.png
129KB, 260x339px
>>44794101
>In blue
>Can't draw several cards per turn
>>
File: ephara.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
ephara.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
>realize I have never won a game in Ephara without Cathar's Crusade
What are some good wincons for a creature-heavy UW control list? I guess I could just bash faces with sphinxes and angels but I'm looking for things that let me close out a game as quickly as Cathar's Crusade with its ability to turn an empty board into a one-turn kill.
>>
>>44794269
Clone effects, Tromokrasis, Lorthos the Freshmaker, Scourge of the Deeps, Kederekt Leviathan, and most of the forces...or were you just looking for green fatties
>>
>>44794426
I'm talking about rarity, not how often the card is seen or anything.
>>
>>44793642
That is what I thought as well, thank you.
>>
>>44794407
Sun and Frost Titans
Aetherling
Dragonlord Ojutai
Elesh Norn
etc.
>>
File: stratusdancer.jpg (47KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
stratusdancer.jpg
47KB, 265x370px
>>44793831 basically what >>44793913 said. Tithe best way to do that is with morph. Pic related is my go to for countering split second.

This works because turning a creature face up isn't an activated ability and doesn't use the stack, so no one can do anything about it turning face up (like shock it in response). Abilities like pod related trigger when you turn them face up and can therefore counter Krosan grip and friends.
>>
>>44794586
Aetherling's in there but Frost Titan didn't make the cut. Sun Titan and Ojutai are good value engines, but they don't close out a game particularly fast. Elesh Norn however might be close to what I'm looking for. I'll try getting one.
>>
>>44794358
>The point.

> Your head.
>>
>>44793866
You do realise that Tibor and Lumia do 1 damage to EACH creature without flying, right?
>>
best stax commander that isn't Derevi?
>>
>>44794875
Oloro
>>
>>44794875
Daretti, Teferi
>>
>>44794923
Teferi makes sense, but how exactly does Daretti work for stax?
>>
>>44794999
I'm still in the process of building my list so I can't speak too much from experience but he is supposedly really good as a stax commander and there are some good primers about him to be found online. Google daretti stax and take a look at what others are doing. I haven't read the primers because I want to come up with a list that is my own.
>>
>>44794837
You realize that EDH has a FUCKTON of fliers, right?
>>
What are some good budget commanders?
>>
I'm torn between building Zurgo control and Ruhan control. I don't like counterspells, but I do enjoy having access to U's other goodies. Black's kill spells are nice too though. I don't even want to consider going Marath control, that'd just be too many options.
>>
>>44795111
If all you want to do is win with a deck worth 20$ before shipping, your options are pretty much Mikaeus or Edric. Generally, any deck can be made good on a 50$ to 200$ budget, after which you start to hit diminishing returns on money investment vs. deck improvement. The notable exceptions are things like colorless big mana decks, and any voltron decks.
>>
>>44795111
anything you got
>>
>>44795063
Well yeah,that's why I mentioned Gravity Sphere in >>44791967.
>>
>>44795256
So you'll kill your own commander every time then?
>>
Slobad, Daretti or Bosh for the commander of a mono-red artifact deck?
>>
>>44795309
Daretti is the most powerful option but others might be more fun and annoy your opponents less. Daretti sort of has a reputation by now.
>>
>>44795256
Never ever rely on one card just to have a viable commander. If you wanna play that game, let's pretend niv-mizzet always has curiosity standing by.
>>
>>44795291
"Gains" overrules "loses" that are in play prior to the gain effect, does it not?

>>44795442
Archetype of Imagination, Gravity Sphere, Mystic Decree, Thundercloud Elemental all remove flying from all opponents' (and aside from Archetype, your own) creatures.
>>
Ayli LIFE! or Alesha toolbox?
>>
>>44795118
Go Zurgo for maximum tutors and worldslayer fun times
>>
>>44793831
As has been stated, triggered abilities can counter split second spells. For example, chalice of the void.
>>
>>44795696
...what?
>>
>>44795696
Nevermind, I see what you mean.

So you plan to cast several red spells to wipe the board every time? And on top of that a blue spell to prevent the commander from dying? All while still having mana up to respond to anything?

Good Luck.
>>
>>44796304
Ex: Gravity Sphere is in play. All creatures do not have flying.
Play blue spell/grant flying via another effect.
The target now has flying.

That is what you were referring to?
The interaction of a negative effect being overwritten by a new positive effect?
>>
>>44793842
Hunted Dragon etc hands out tokens and are good creatures too. Might be what your after.
>>
best general for ramping and big fatties? Locus of Mana?
>>
File: Mayael%20the%20Anima[1].jpg (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mayael%20the%20Anima[1].jpg
40KB, 300x300px
>>44796567
Just cheat them in.
>>
>>44796567
I would say probably Omnath.

If your group doesnt run MLD, I would suggest karametra
>>
>>44796441
Sorry, on phone so I couldn't see your second post.
That is close to, but not quite my plan.

The deck will likely be rather draw-go for the most part, as with a red instant I can wipe the board at any point I have priority. The blue will likely be cheap crap like cantrips or I can just bounce T&L with whatever I have available, or just let them die if need be.
Basically, the threat of me wiping the board with red, versus trying to wipe the board every turn.
That's with Collar/Neko-ta, etc. Without, the idea is to either run them or another evasive through everything, in a janky Voltron.

Again, I realize this is a lot more work than just rocking Nivs for a very similar effect, but eh, Tibor and Lumia were one of my favourite cards when I was younger.

>>44796541
Awesome, I forgot about the Hunted cycle. Thanks.
>>
>>44793913
>>44794591
>>44796292
Got it, I had a feeling "Stratus Dancer" could counter it, I just wanted to double check and make sure something else besides a legit Counterspell. Arcane Denial, or Cancel, Could actually counter the spell, thanks for the clarification!!
>>
File: sedris.jpg (146KB, 396x535px) Image search: [Google]
sedris.jpg
146KB, 396x535px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sedris-combro/
this is the deck I'm currently using as part of a semi-casual playgroup (use of proxies in permitted so the other decks I'm facing are actually quite powerful most of the time) where I typically want to grind and enjoy myself, having the combo as an out if somebody else is about to win. But the idea is that if I was to ever play in a competitive setting with it (LGS event or something) I'd actually be able to win. I am on somewhat of a budget but any recommendations would be fantastic, particularly as EDHrec decks typically go in another direction with Sedris.
>>
>>44796739
>tfw countering a split second spell with Kheru Spellsnatcher
I know the card is bad but this is a casual format and stealing spells is fun, I'll fight you.
>>
>>44797120
Man looking up that card just reminded me that they didn't make Naga snakes for some stupid reason I'm sure.
>>
>>44797394
It was basically that they forgot about snakes having a tribal component. They have realized the mistake by now, but it's too late to fix it.
>>
>>44797120

>Kheru Spellsnatcher
>Bad

It's like you don't use Vesuvan Shapeshifter to Spelljack for 1U every turn or something.

If he's your only morph, then yea he's probably not the best, but an "uncounterable" Spelljack is still pretty good.
>>
im trying to work on this deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zurgo-smasher-of-helms-1/
anything i could add or remove?
>>
>>44797571
Oh man, that Vesuva Shapeshifter jank is gold, I will have to try this. I run Spellsnatcher in my Ephara list, and I like the effect it has on game politics. I have a high density of morph creatures, creatures with flash, and blowout spells like Commandeer or Gather Specimens, so me holding 6 mana while I have a morph on the field could represent any number of things, all of them bad, and no one wants to fuck with that. Having Spellsnatcher can also mean that my opponents will waste their removal on my turn 3 face-down Hidden Dragonslayer, because they don't want to risk it being a Spellsnatcher and going online in a few turns.
>>
>>44797879
You need less Limited removal and more actual wraths.
>>
Is it okay to ask for advice here if you're pretty new to MTG/EDH after a really long break?

If it is, what's the easiest way to show a deck from cockatrice?
>>
>>44798064
Copy the list and paste into tappedout, then post that link here.
>>
>>44798064
Take pictures of your computer screen with your smartphone, then post them sideways here.
>>
>>44796747
Stuff that sticks out to me
Cluestones but no signers? Son, lets be real here. I love cluestones, but they're close to the last mana rocks I add.
What's up with all the clones? I feel it would be much easier to run more value dudes that shit like evil twin. Duskmantle Guildmage also sticks out like a sore thumb, like what does he even do for you?
Slaughter Games: Why.
Unstable Obelisk: also why.
Mystic Remora: Good man. Much respect.
>>
>>44798244
Is there a way to just quick paste it, or do I have to do it card by card?
>>
>>44798527
Just click any card in the list and Ctrl c, it copies it all
>>
>>44798437
Hey, thanks for responding. Yeah, signets are definitely a good idea as I rarely used the cycle function on cluestones. Evil twin I picked up recently, it used to be Control Magic. My reasoning is that I can recur it with Sedris' effect as removal as well as get sort of recurring removal with Deadeye Navigator, creatures just serve me better than spells.

The other clones were added after I removed a difficult to assemble and easy to interrupt three card combo. The though behind them being I can copy another one of my creatures as they all have ETB effects. I like Body Double as it can become a combo piece from a graveyard but Dack's Duplicate will most likely become Rune Scarred Demon.

Duskmantle Guildmage combos with Mindcrank , killing an opponent through life-loss or mill (which ever happens first).

Slaughter Games is a meta call, I know the combos being run in my playgroup and this lets me neuter them, I wouldn't run it blind (LGS setting).

Unstable Obelisk lets me get around Grixis's lack of enchantment removal, it was a toss up between that and the new 7 mana colorless exile target permament (exile being much better) but I figured Obelisk has more versatility in the card slot and is harder to disrupt an activated ability.

Thanks for the props of the Mystic Remora, but it's just holding the spot until I can find a copy of Rhystic Study that isn't a massive price gouge (Australian here).
>>
>>44798645
Thanks.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/commander-legendary-white/

Made it today, probably needs a lot of tweaks.
>>
>>44797896
Don't forget the og combo: Brine Elemental.
>>
>>44798855
I feel like if I include Vesuvan Shapeshifter, I kind of have to include an entire toolbox to go with him, so that's a lot of spots for high CMC cards to free up in a deck that is already fairly high-curve. I'll take a look at it however, that combo is pretty much game-winning if it's backed up by counterspells.
>>
>>44798312
No no no. Make a list in word, print them out and take blurry pics with your smartphone, then post the five 4mb pngs across several posts.
>>
>>44799084
>png
Go bmp or go home
>>
>>44798912
Yup its back breaking, but not unbeatable.
>>
>>44799832
Yeah, I wouldn't try that without counterspell backup, but in a UW control list, it's probably good enough to win the game.
>>
Fuck Zur
>>
>>44800232
>get into very interactive, high variance format
>pick a commander that tutors the same cards in the same order every time
>add Solitary Confinement and Greater Auramancy to make sure no one tries to interact
Zur players everyone. They deserve every Tranquility effects that get thrown their way.
>>
>>44794875
suicide
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lazavhawk/
Man, I missed playing this guy.
Took the deck partially apart because it had some stuff I needed for a Chainer deck. That one got boring quickly and now I rebuilt my baby of a commander deck; the first one I made from scratch and with a dumb theme made with less emphasis on pure power, and more on fun and different games every time! Seriously, no two games with Lazav are the same.
Now I played him like three times the other day, and it was ridiculous! Such a fun commander deck. Gotta get my hands on some clever impersonators now.
>>
>>44800696
He's making a conscious effort to not play Derevi, he deserves to live.
>>
I'm thinking of selling all of my magic cards for a decent EDH deck (and maybe a cheap cube), since I don't play very much anymore.

Should I sell them to a store individually or as a lot online?

Also, people still like Zedruu right?
>>
>>44800131

Definitely. I used it in my Ephara deck, too.

I actually thought about making a UW morph deck with Ephara, but I think it's too janky and really wants red.
>>
>>44794656

Elesh norn is totally bonkers good in edh
>>
>>44800883
I'm aware, it's just a card I always think twice about running because:
1. It's an expensive card
2. Half the time, it's going to hit play from an opponent's Bribery
3. If it doesn't, it's going to get control magic'd or cloned by literally everyone at the table

Every time I've seen Elesh Norn in a game, it just created the Elesh Norn cycle where everyone takes turn having Elesh Norn under their control until nothing's left but three 0/3 Elesh Norns. It's really stupid. And I know the card's a good inclusion in this type of deck but I just don't like what it does to a game.
>>
>>44800978
>until nothing's left but three 0/3 Elesh Norns.
That's fucking hysterical, I wouldn't even be mad. Much better than everyone playing each other's turn with 3 PoK, right?
>>
Infinite Reflection in Lazav? Is it viable?
>>
>>44800811
Just use cockatrice.
>>
>want to build Prossh around the Kobolds of Kher Keep tokens
>know I'll never bother playing Rohgahh or anything fun when I can just feed kobolds to Prossh for more general damage
I make myself sad sometimes but I know I couldn't not throw a fat general at people's faces when given the opportunity
>>
>>44800700
I had a friend play my Lazav mill against my animar. Didn't expect to stare down at my own blightsteel on turn 4, but now the fucker also has hexproof. Still, loved that deck.
>>
>>44801095
Legendary rule
>>
>>44801092
It's hysterical the first one or two times but when it keeps happening every single time someone plays Elesh Norn or Grand Arbiter, it kind of stops being funny. My meta is so full of fags running Phyrexian Metamorph and Bribery in every deck, or Chording for Gilded Drake, I seriously have to consider the fact any high-end threat I put in my deck's going to be used against me more often than not.

So if I play something like Angel of Serenity, it's annoying if it gets bribed, but it's not the worst if someone clones or steals it. I can live with any of these. If I get my Elesh Norn stolen however, my board might get wiped down and I could die before I untap. That's bad. It's a situation I'd like to avoid if possible so unless Elesh Norn is literally the only wincon I can think of for a deck, I think twice about putting her in the list. I prefer threats that are situational or synergistic enough that they're going to be consistently good in my deck but not so hot on the other side of the table.
>>
>>44801271
Within my edh horde, my buddy's Animar is basically the single best matchup for lazav, along with my own Scion of the ur-dragon. Once grinning totem comes into play, shit is going down.
>>
>>44795696
Don't forget wonder
>>
>>44801389
Then either have Mirror Gallery or have Lazav already copying something non-legendary
>>
>>44801618
Yeah, if Wonder's ability activates after the Gravity Sphere effect is in play that'll work well too.
>>
Whose the most OG mono-blue commander, /tg/? Thinking about making a Mistform Ultimatus lord deck, or a Rayne tempo/Opposition deck.
>>
File: 36.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
36.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>44802103
Look no further fellow fa/tg/uy! Braids is the best!
>>
>>44802103
Blind Seer the the most original OG.
>>
>>44801619
>or have Lazav already copying something non-legendary
You should probably read the card.
>>
>>44802103
Azami
Chisei
Cloudhoof
Higure
Hisoka
Kaho
Kami
Keiga
Kira
Meloku
Myojin
Patron
Sakashima
Soramaro
Tomorrow
The Unspeakable
Uyo
>>
File: Geralf.png (149KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Geralf.png
149KB, 223x311px
>>44802103
>>
File: skullbriar.jpg (82KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
skullbriar.jpg
82KB, 620x453px
I'm planning on making an offensive voltron style Skullbriar. My only question is, what should I do for the defensive? Just make tokens and play up Gravepact effects, or is there a bit of pillow forting in those colors?
>>
>>44802407
Please hit me with a club, sorry for wasting everyone's time
>>
>>44802467
>or is there a bit of pillow forting in those colors?
Very little. The only two I can think of are No Mercy and Dread. Your best bet would probably be token generators like Bitterblossom and Awakening Zone and cheap blockers with regenerate, deathtouch or some kind of recursion, like Reassembling Skeleton.
>>
>>44790549
I just want to have fun, anon.
>>
>>44792633

Arjun is great for mill tactics, dare I say even cleverer than Dimir mill.
>>
modern fags on suicide watch, at least now I wont feel bad about playing my single copy of splinter twin in an EDH deck
>>
>>44786563
It's nasty in PDH.
>>
>>44787267
I'd do it. Metalcraft and other r/w artifact cards. Vent Sentinel is scary with this general.
>>
>>44806755
Just saw this. Don't think any of this is going to affect EDH, Splinter Twin will drop in price for sure but that card is so much weaker than Kiki in the context of EDH I don't think it will see any more play as a result.

That said, it's kind of baffling that they'd kill the two biggest combo decks in Modern at the same time. What's left? They removed Pod last year, Rally is a fringe playable deck in the format, and I don't remember Storm being really hot in Modern. Do they no longer want Combo to be relevant in that format? Is it going the way of Control? Will Modern be 80% aggro decks moving forward?
>>
If one wanted to build a Sliver deck that wasn't just 'da forty bes slivers', how would you recommend it be done? Friend who's really new to MtG likes them, she thinks they're adorable. I wanna help her get into EDH but we usually have cut-throat decks.
>>
>>44807053
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/we-are-the-hive-resistance-is-futile/

this is the first slivers list i found that looked at all competitive. I think a more competitive slivers list would be slivers tribal + 5C goodstuff. If you're trying to get someone into EDH you shouldn't try to have them immediately get into cutthroat games, but lower your power level a bit and adjust.

I think she'd have a much better introduction if she ran a $100-200 fun but not 100% competitive slivers list, and then started to throw in 5C goodstuff and become more competitive should she so desire
>>
File: Wu1q27w.png (130KB, 442x353px) Image search: [Google]
Wu1q27w.png
130KB, 442x353px
>>44807001
aggro match ups look better on camera
>>
>>44807405
Thanks anon, my friends and I have had two newer folks join in the last six or so months, so we've actually been talking about making some seriously scaled down decks, rather than just letting them proxy things as we have been doing.

She has lots of fun, and isn't new to Magic, but god damn the two of them are still in that adorable part of the hobby where shit like Ichorid and Bridge From Below still need to be read.
>>
File: 1450980778914.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450980778914.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>Been working on a few Commander decks
>Nabbed some of the Precon Commanders today to salvage some cards from them (And hell, I like the big foils)
>Get some friends to try them out against each other before I dismantle them
>Play Mizzix
>Start slinging spells like a motherfucker
>Having more fun than just about any other build I've had in a while

What's a good way to tune up this deck to make it sharper? I like it.
>>
>>44807738
Well, if you want to be a dick and help justify being focused on sight, Capsize/Reiterate.
>>
>>44807907

Is there any cost effect that Mizzix doesn't reduce?

Beyond any colored source of mana, that is.
>>
>>44809587
>11/4/2015: The cost reduction can apply to alternative costs such as flashback costs.
>>
Aight /tg/, I need the best clones and clonelike effects in UB. Already got: Clone, body double, rite of replication, cackling counterpart, supplant form, necrotic ooze. I want more, definitely at least clever impersonator as well. What else?
>>
>>44810223
>let me gatherer that for you
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text=+[enter]+[battlefield]+[as]+[copy]+![{w}]+![{r}]+![{g}]&color=+![W]+![R]+![G]
>>
Just got back from midnight pre-release. Got mostly garbage in terms of EDH, but a few decent grabs. Nissa, Wail, Oblivion Strike, Equip Lord, the 6 drop elzdrazi that does a bunch of shit, the Eldrazi that puts a permanent into play when it dies, and one or two more I think.

Someone pulled a wasteland.
>>
My friend is still new to EDH, but when he started he showed interest in RB, so I bought him Rakdos Lord of Riots and gave him some Eldrazi and artifact creatures to get started. He made a fairly simple deck with ways to make sure he can ping for damage consistently (Mishra's Ankh, damn.). He's gotten a little more comfortable with the rules and built himself am Atarka World Render deck, which works fairly well for him. I still have to reign it in or use my Noyan Dar deck (built specifically to play against newer players), but for the most part everything is enjoyable.

He told me he wants to build an Eldrazi deck with Newlamog and has taken out all of the Eldrazi from his Rakdos decks and replaced them with big creatures with high colored mana costs. I asked him what the hell he was doing and he shrugged and said he wanted to make an Eldrazi deck.

Bitch, I wanted to say, Rakdos IS an Eldrazi deck!

I want to show him the error of his ways, /tg/! I don't want him to go through the years of shitty deck building I went through, and the near quitting of the hobby!

But... I can't build his decks for him. I can't play the game for him. I've got to let him be retarded on his own. God it's hard to watch, but it's the only way he'll learn...

Thanks... Thanks for listening to the ramblings of an old man.
>>
>>44810462
Next he'll want to build mill.

And then UGx.
>>
>>44810462
Sometimes you just got to let the kid put the fork in the electrical socket, it's how we learn.
>>
What are some decent cards in UG with an ocean and/or storm theme to them? I'm looking to tweak my merfolk deck but want to stay within the theme I've got going.

Also looking for giant-ass sea monsters (leviathans, whales, octopi, etc.)
>>
>>44810685
>let me gatherer that for you
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&name=|[riptide]|[tsunami]|[wave]|[hurricane]|[typhoon]|[wave]|[surf]&text=+![{w}]+![{b}]+![{r}]&color=+![W]+![B]+![R]
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text=+![{w}]+![{b}]+![{r}]&color=+![W]+![B]+![R]&subtype=|[%22Leviathan%22]|[%22Kraken%22]|[%22Octopus%22]|[%22Whale%22]|[%22Crab%22]

Jesus christ, people.
>>
Not sure if I should build a Marchesa or a Mikaeus deck next. I mean I feel like a zombie tribal deck, but Marchesa does similar things and gives me more options, plus I can include him in her deck
Please help /tg/
>>
>Get back into MtG after a long hiatus
>Make Zurgo Helmsmasher voltron because orcs with ten swords in each hand are cool
>Go to local EDH scene after not being there for almost five years
>Everyone is playing really slow control decks and just bitch an moan I'm not following suit

Guess my old Damia deck can come out there and not be shat on like back in 2011, but I'm not too enthused to go back.
>>
How much would it be to make a dragon themed EDH deck for some casual play?
>>
>>44811459
Pretty cheap if you just buy budget cards, and it'll still go pretty well in casual games. Just set a limit and don't go over it, I'm sure you could make one for $20
>>
>>44807738
you can make it sharper by playing melek as he is better...
>>
File: 1451722972117.jpg (265KB, 1100x964px) Image search: [Google]
1451722972117.jpg
265KB, 1100x964px
>>44791967
Play Archetype of Imagination, imagine that you are the RAF or something. You could go something like flying tribal, blue has tons of cards for it and red has a lot of damage-to-everything-except-flying-creatures with which you could dominate the boardstate with not too much mana.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wolverines-4/
>>
Best commander for when you're drawing a lot of hate/focus?

People in my group are so stupid I swear. I've got 3 lands out, while the Mizzix guy next to me has 5 lands and 3 experience counters. Better throw disabling enchantments on the guy with 3 lands. No need to remove his Mizzix or anything.
>>
>>44812115
>Imagine that you are the RAF
My god yes. This. I'm doing it.

Flying Tribal, with a few different methods of making my opponents lose flying, as well as give my dudes flying. Gonna include the Collar and Neko-ta if I can, but also see if a few of the pinger cards are worth it as well.
>>
>>44812122
either the mizzix guy is hugging everyone or you are just an ass.
>>
>>44812340
They just consider me a threat and get tunnel vision. I try not to go after people until they come after me. But when I do hit I hit hard.
>>
>>44792592
Toxic deluge
>>
>>44794591
Willbender
Voidmage Apprentice
cycle Decree of Silence
>>
>>44796664
>>44796664
Sounds like you want repeatable red spells. Shattering Pulse and other buybacks will be invaluble. Flashback, retrace, and return spell to hand cards like archaeomancer seem like what you'd want. Throw a bit of yard recycling in to keep you filled and drawing, I'd use at least old kozy.

Valuetown fliers like consecrated sphincter, knollspine dragon, and pallinchron would do work in a burn-the-ground deck. Maybe use balefire dragon as well for that disgusting repercussion combo and varchild's war-riders to give them enough dudes to die to it.
>>
>>44812558
>cycle Decree of Silence
It's an activated ability tho', isn't it?
>>
>>44812796
Always thought cycling was a special ability like morph or mana abilities. I might be wrong, I used it to counter split second about five years ago back when I thought lab maniac's win the game ability was a trigger and not state based. Playgroup had a lot of learning to do . . .
>>
>>44812950
cycling is an activated ability, so you can't use it. As far as I know, there is no way to counter split second without having anything on the table(or using a lot of cards).
>>
File: Twin.png (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Twin.png
127KB, 223x311px
So, what are some decks that can properly utilize this card? :^)

This is an actual question. I want to pick one up when they plummet in price and put it in something other than "Just infinite combo like you do with Kiki"
>>
>>44813108
Any deck that utilizes etb triggers, so godo I guess.
>>
>>44813108
Kiki-Jiki.
>>
>>44813108
>:^)
>This is an actual question
>>
File: hate.png (649KB, 621x444px) Image search: [Google]
hate.png
649KB, 621x444px
So, do you all still hate these guys? Haven't seen them mentioned in forever.
>>
How does everyone feel about alternate win cons? Cards like lab maniac, helix pinnacle, felidar sovereign, or the cheese stands alone 2.0?
>>
>>44813390
Zur was mentioned in this thread. Read it first before asking a question like that.

Sigurd a hasn't been getting much hate recently from what I've seen. She's just a solid general that's hard to remove but narset takes it a step further and gets more mud slinging because of it.
>>
>>44813390
>Zur
Nobody in my playgroup uses him, mostly because he's acknowledged to be one of the most consistent (and consistently boring) commanders.

>Sigarda
nobody is retarded enough to run mono-green, and all the other colors have cards that are both good and solution her. Arcane Fucknarsethouse exists as well. She's annoying, but more because GW gets fun police cards like Aura Shards.
Although honestly I'd be much more annoyed by, say, a Teeg deck if you were looking for obnoxious GW commanders.
>>
File: 209.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
209.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
Anyone have any pointers for this bitch? I want to build her but I don't usually play red.

I was thinking lots of burn since they do double-duty when she's out, but I'm really not sure.
>>
>>44813390
People can say what they want about Zur, but that art is fucking badass.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>Co-worker brings in some old boxes of old cards to pawn off
>Pick a few good things circa innistrad
>Lots of Urza/Invasion era stuff that sucks but I pick up just cause nostalgia factor
>Find some 4/5ed stuff too
>Pick up a Dark Maze, terrible card, but literally the first Magic card I ever had (the second is vertigo, my friend who introduced me to it gave me his crap cards)
>Stumble upon Elven Warhounds...

Wow, I'm surprised I never seen this card. I know it isn't stellar, but this fucker is going right into my Newzuri board control/evasion deck.
>>
>>44813660

It's the second-best art featuring Zur.

I love this guy's flavor. He's like a fourth-wall breaking wizard with an attitude of "I'm a wizard, bitch. I'll wear a bathrobe and barely conceal my junk and if you've got a problem with that... eye lasers. It's magic bitch, I ain't gotta explain nuthin!"
>>
File: 138.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
138.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>44813761

Damnit, forgot my image
>>
>>44813636
She's not a bitch, she's a classy lady.
>>
>>44813846
I just call women bitches. She is a very classy bitch, though.

Your post doesn't help me at all, however.
>>
File: jhessian.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
jhessian.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>44813706
>it isn't stellar
That's a very polite way to say it's bad. I'd expect a lot more than that for 3G.
>>
>>44813865

Speaking of classy bitches.

>Legendary werewolf commander options soon?
>>
So, how's Oath of the Gatewatch? I know it's a meme to call every new set the worst set ever, but do you think this one will turn out decent? Any good sleeper hits in there? I'm considering drafting it later this month with friends and I'm wondering just how many packs to get, the bare minimum for one draft or a full box for multiple drafts.
>>
>>44813954
Does it make me a furry that I'd rather fuck the one on the right?
>>
>>44814023
Oath is better than BFZ, worse than... anything else in recent history.
>>
>>44813925

It's more of a headgames sort of thing for my playgroup. Whenever declare blockers comes around in we usually give pause and group discussion/speculation on whether you're more fucked to block or not. Yeah, 3G is a little more CMC than I'd prefer, but with Newzuri I can easily drop a mass of counters on any creature. I have plenty of 1 and 2 CMC unblockables, the role I have in mind for the warhounds it more along the lines of giving the group (a specific member in particular) a hard choice.
>>
>>44813636
Sunforger is amazing

I don't care what you do with the deck, just don't forget a Sunforger
>>
>>44814071
When you say recent history, does that include Fate Reforged? Born of the Gods? Dragon's Maze?
>>
>>44814115
Giving choices is bad unless you know your opponents to consistently pick the worst options for themselves every time. That ability is so much worse than unblockable it's not even funny. It can let me "buy back" a commander that's been hit by Darksteel Mutation. It can let me re-use an ETB if I'm willing to waste a draw step on it. It can let me bounce a key creature to the top before casting a wrath. All while blocking the creature you made huge with Newzuri.

Card is bad anon.
>>
>>44814023
>>44814071

There's a few colorless options that will give any color access to blue-like mechanics. I predict those will hold some mild value and use. Ayli will probably become a popular commander or subordinate to Karlov. That Jori En or whatnot will find way into Izzet spellsling decks. Wastes will become valuable to those playing colorless commanders. There's also some options for 2HG mechanics.

All-in-all it looks better than BfZ but has far lower powerlevels than the past. I think it'll be fun in limited though.
>>
>>44814180
It's not strictly worse, though. Giving it a prized unicorn type effect means putting all creatures an opponent controls on top of their library. Janky, sure, but not that bad.
>>
>>44813636
braid of fire + pyrohemia
>>
>>44814230
So lure.
Cute
>>
>>44814230
It require some real jank to not be strictly worse so I'm considering it functionally strictly worse.
>>
>>44814049
it's furry if you'd ONLY fuck the one on the right
>>
>>44813418

Most of them can be stopped fairly easily, meaning that you still have to earn the win. They are fine in my book
>>
>>44814125
>>44814263
Thanks guys, added to list.
>>
>recently got a Jeleva on the mail
>never had really good black spells, though "I'll go through my cards anyway and see if I can build something fun out of this"
>I do have some interesting stuff but nothing really great
>"Hey I could build thi-"
>remember Oloro and Riku players with FoW, Mana Drain and associates
>"Ok nevermind"
I really should get a new playgroup or at least kill the Oloro and Riku players because they are getting out of control. Everybody else, even the GAAIV guy are fine on my book.
>>
>>44814273

Well, as the other anons suggested, lure effects can be useful on it, but in my case it again goes back to the playgroup and its social nature. I am particularly thinking of the Boros voltron player who overthinks everything, has slower card draw, higher CMC, and never turns his creatures sideways to attack. We also are the sorts to have evil instants lingering in our hands for combat. If I act like I have some finisher instant in my hand, he'll get nervous and block, derailing his whole vigilant, flying, double-striking, 4-rounds of combat, umezawa's jitte train over a bluff.
>>
How many mana rocks is too many, guys? I always feel like adding 6-8 of them to every non-green deck I make, but god does it clutter up the list.
>>
What does anyone think about Ghave, guru of spores?
>>
>>44814614
As previously stated, it's a good effect if you know your opponents will consistently make the choice that's worst for them. But that only happens against shitters. When you play against anyone half-decent and you give them choices, you have to assume that, most of the time, they'll pick the best option for themselves.

So compared to a regular old 2/2 unblockable, you're paying 2 more mana for a creature that gives opponents the option to block, because you expect your opponents to pick the wrong thing. That's casual as fuck.
>>
>>44814734
Every ghave deck is the same. Not a particularly cancerous deck, just one that anyone who's been in the format for some time is probably tired of seeing.
>>
>>44814777
Just counter manipulation? I mean did khans add anything that would make a slightly different approach more viable? With a number of creatures with outlast that also provide benefits to every creature with +1/+1, it seems like there's potential. Idk though, I'm just thinking about building Abzan and want to have fun. I'm tired of playing blue.
>>
>>44814891
>Just counter manipulation?
What? No. Infinite combo. Ghave combos with everything.

If you want to build Abzan, you should understand that the two most popular Abzan commanders are all about combo: Ghave and Karador. If you want a "fair" Abzan deck, you can do some pretty decent beatdown decks with Doran or Anafenza. Those excel in duels but get weaker the more players are at a table.
>>
>>44814891
Ghave is infinite the deck. It farts out tokens and counters without even trying and is very resilient against removal and stax. If you want to be different for funzies try going fungus tribal or if you like the colors but decide against Ghave try Doran.

Imo, if you don't like playing blue try the exact opposite with a Rakdos, Omnath, or Ruric Thar deck.
>>
>>44814891
If you want to be original, play Teneb, he's mostly been forgotten at that point but he's still a very potent commander. Whatever you do, don't play Anafenza, we have enough Anafenza decks on /tg/ and we don't want her to become the next Shu Yun.
>>
I am turning my Anefenza deck from counter shenagingans to that with a side of tokens since, by it self before it already had that, I am thinking of removing: Ashen rider (ALOT of mana that doest do anything with my deck) and reanimation and unburial rites for: Skull Clamp, Archetype of hexproof, New Nissa/Gideon ally of zen, and debating removing tooth and nail for eithe nissa or Gideon. Thoughts?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/outlast-is-not-junk/

>>44814891
My Anefenza is what you want with a side of tokens and superfriends. No Ifinite combos here since to me, there really boring to play. When I tutor I want it to be exciting and new.
>>
>>44815141
>removing Ashen Rider
For fuck's sake yes, this isn't a card you put in an aggro/midrange deck.
>new Nissa, Gideon Ally of Zendikar
New Nissa isn't very impressive imo. Gideon however is great in a deck like this.
>removing Tooth and Nail
If you're not using it to combo, then it's not made for your deck. Remove with no regrets.

Also, I swear to god, if you don't put a Sun Titan in there, I will find you and I will slap you.
>>
File: edh.png (1MB, 1020x1404px) Image search: [Google]
edh.png
1MB, 1020x1404px
lists pls
>>
File: muhdecks.jpg (366KB, 1039x857px) Image search: [Google]
muhdecks.jpg
366KB, 1039x857px
>>44815299
I like your ratio of nice theme decks and casual decks with a couple tryhard decks thrown in. I'm guessing you have something suitable for any meta you play in with just these 7.
>>
>>44815126
>not wanting another shu yun
How else are us fa/tg/uys supposed to identify each other at dundra-con for some shu yun and chill?
>>
>>44815203
I still wanna give new Nissa a shot, pooping tokens and giving counters on all is what my deck does and she does exactly that, you may be right but still. I cant wait till gideon gets out of standard so I can pick him up on the cheap.
>>
>>44815477
In my experience incremental advantage dies hard in edh. Burst effects tend to work a lot better than a slowly building force of weenies. The exception to this is token generation via planeswalkers, that usually is more durable but not by a great deal.

I'd focus more on big drops and alpha strikes than grind on the ground style wins.
>>
>>44815299
Could you post Trostani deck? I hope it is not very expensive.
>>
>>44815417
Yeah, you could say that. Even my more tryhard decks I don't try to go overboard on due to being on a budget and playing in a relatively casual playgroup.

If I have to go medieval on someone's ass, I usually break out Niv since I've had it the longest and it's more finely tuned than the rest.
>>
File: daretti.png (148KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
daretti.png
148KB, 223x311px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/funkyard-juck/

Lotus Petal or Mishra's Bauble?
>>
>>44815698
Incremental advantage works if your guys are resilient or allow for quick recovery (regeneration, Marchesa, Karador, undying, etc). Tokens are about the least resilient type of creature there is.
>>
>>44815819
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/one-babe-three-bods-six-titties/

It's new and nothing special, but it works for the most part. At least in my meta.
>>
>>44815698
In your opinion how durable would you say my deck is?
>>
>>44802467
Funny and unexpected thing you can use as a pillow fort: Stronghold Overseer

Black has stuff like Hissing Miasma and Blood Reckoning but won't be much of a deterrent in EDH. There's Koskun Falls if you think you can tape one of your creatures every turn without slowing down yourself, not sure a voltron Skullbriar's the place for it.

I guess there's artifacts like Crawlspace, and all the green fog effects you want to shove in.
>>
>>44815980
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/outlast-mark2/

This is the revised version with Sun titan, gideon, Archetype of hexproof and the clamps.
>>
>>44815980
Extremely durable on this board, it keeps being reanimated every thread. You obviously have some great post recursion on there.
>>
>>44815980
Well it's paper, so not very. Sleeves help a little.
>>
File: sturmgeist_medium.jpg (31KB, 199x285px) Image search: [Google]
sturmgeist_medium.jpg
31KB, 199x285px
Debating on this card. Feels like it would be most useful in 1vs1.
>>
>>44815914
thanks, I am trying to make a token deck, but I am not really sure what commander to use.

I am a bit skeptical about lifegain because a friend of mine runs a very aggressive Marchesa deck.
>>
>>44814637
Any list I don't have major inspiration for starts with ten or so rocks. They never end with that many, but damn, it's easy to just throw in an assload of colourless acceleration.
>>
>>44816202
It's jank, but it's playable jank. If you're trying to build a competitive deck, forget it. If you just like to play cool and somewhat powerful cards in a casual meta, it seems fine. I've played games (and won games) with a lot worse than that.
>>
>>44812240
Don't forget charisma, it turns all your red spells into control magics for the board.
>>
>>44816163
I am sorry I'll stop posting it now has anyone play tested new chandra yet? In mono red or red white? All her mods are very good and that 0 is just what red needs.
>>
>>44815879
Tokens themselves aren't, but their generators are. Sprout swarm has far fewer responses than Ghave, elspeth is harder to take down than brimaz, etc. planeswalkers are harder to deal with than creatures in general simply due to how much removal there is that can hit creatures and how many more wipes can hit them.

And resilient creatures are good to have, but they still suffer from my earlier point of not doing enough to win. In a 4 player game, the weenie deck hitting for 12 or 15 a turn only wins if no one has a combo, control, or a fast deck. That's a lot of the format to bet against.

Every marchesa, every karador, every talrand, chainer, sand warrior, marton, goblin, and elf creature deck has folded in my meta. None of them could hold up to the routine hate every deck from try hard to casual packs. They either became burst token decks, control shells, combo monsters, or were disassembled.

Not saying this will be true in every meta, but in three I've seen it has been the case.
>>
File: 1445277855767.gif (908KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445277855767.gif
908KB, 180x200px
>>44816207
The lifegain is really nice to have, but yeah against Marchesa it can be a little bit of a pain in the ass actually. My brother runs Marchesa and it's not Trostani's greatest matchup to say the least, but it's winnable if you focus pretty much exclusively on just shitting out as many tokens as fast as you can.
>>
>>44816111
I'll take a look when I get to a computer. Data charges are a bitch.
>>
>>44814023
The planeswalkers, Kozilek and stuff like world breaker make the set okayish for commander.

I want a Tazri because my 5 colour ally deck needs a legit general and she's all I ever wanted.
>>
>>44816453
Karona is a legit general
>>
>>44816202
It's an ophidian with flying. They're not terrible, but combat triggers in edh tend to maybe hit once if at all. Any more and either you don't have a threat worth killing or your meta is crap.
>>
>>44816207
Thelon for under the radar shenanigans
>>
>>44816471
Sooner have a tutor + pump on an easier to cast general though.

I've also seen karona ally decks get killed by their own commanders before they ever get her back.
>>
File: Howl of the Horde.png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Howl of the Horde.png
137KB, 223x311px
Rules question.

I play Howl of the Horde. (No Raid, but that's irrelevant here.) After it resolves, I cast a sorcery spell. Howl's triggered ability goes on the stack. An opponent counters the spell to be copied by Howl.

What happens when the Howl's triggered ability resolves? Does it use last known information, or does it not do anything because the spell it intends to copy is no longer in the stack? Why (what rules)?
>>
File: Thraximundar.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Thraximundar.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
Want to build pic related.
>>
>>44816207
Rith, the Awakener
Rhys the Redeemed
Marath, Will of the Wild?

>>44816528
Yeah.

>I've also seen karona ally decks get killed by their own commanders before they ever get her back.
See the fun part of Karona as a general is making sure that doesn't happen.

>>44816556
It copies the countered sorcery just fine.
>>
>>44816453
>>44814023
>tfw Evan Erwin and Brad Nelson haven't done their set review yet
It's the only one I ever watch, it's so entertaining to hear them being wrong about mostly everything.

Speaking of, what retarded predictions has Sheldon done about this set? Anyone bothered reading his articles?
>>
>>44816207
Ulasht, the fun you can have with him is unreal. He's like a marath for people who don't want to be a cunt.
>>
>>44816565
He dies quickly. Pack lots of ramp.
>>
>>44816400
>>44816510
>>44816586
>>44816622
I was thinking of Ghave or Marath, but the others looks like nice options. Rhys looked cool, but I wanted to keep it cheap.
>>
>>44816586
>>44816556
I just realized I could just search for 'copy that spell' to find other cards that do the same thing. Mirari does indeed have a ruling for it.
> If the spell is countered before the triggered ability resolves, then the ability will make a copy of how the spell looked right before it was countered.
>>
>>44816565
Play Grxis Control/Goodstuff with him at the helm
>>
File: Da Squad.jpg (329KB, 1490x1018px) Image search: [Google]
Da Squad.jpg
329KB, 1490x1018px
>>44815299
>>
File: disgusting tranny.jpg (183KB, 632x876px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting tranny.jpg
183KB, 632x876px
Man Alesha is really cheap to make, espacilly since I had alot of it in my trade binder that no one wanted to trade/in my box of shame. How good is s/he? In 3-4 player and in bigger player pods?
>>
I want to build both a steal/theft dech and a artifact deck, but I can't decide on these two sets of generals:

Lazav and Mishra

or

Jeleva and Nin

Which pairing should I go with and why? They both have some good qualities but I need to be convinced on who I should use.
>>
purphoros goblins is still the most fun I've had playing magic
>>
File: chain viel.jpg (128KB, 620x351px) Image search: [Google]
chain viel.jpg
128KB, 620x351px
>>44816383
How many planswalkers do you need to have in a deck before this is a good card?
>>
>>44817517
Semi-related, what's a good way to protect your planeswalkers outside of blocking with creatures and countering spells? Any reliable to make them hexproof?
>>
File: CHECK YOUR.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
CHECK YOUR.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>44817641
>>44817641
Same anon you replied to.
>>
>>44817675
Nice. Red or black now?
So hard to protect yourself in red.
>>
File: aurelia.jpg (7KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
aurelia.jpg
7KB, 280x180px
Attention Aureliafags, current and former. This commander was pretty hot shit on this board a year or so ago, many of us were building / playing it.

>Do you still play Aurelia?
>Has the list changed much in the last year?
>How does it perform?
>Still having fun with it?
>>
>>44817517
I'd say 15. It's very niche and only really good for a superfriends deck. If you can reliably get out multiple planeswalkers, then 12.
>>
File: feature118_reverb.jpg (61KB, 530x545px) Image search: [Google]
feature118_reverb.jpg
61KB, 530x545px
>>44818140
>tfw you'll never know what it feels like to play superfriends because a budget superfriends list just isn't possible
Planeswalkers only being available at mythic rarity is bullshit, the only budget one is Tibalt and playing Tibalt is playing with a handicap.
>>
>>44817837
Not really. Colorless has some protections and a few planeswalkers discourage players from attacking them, but if they want your shit target killed you don't have much in Rakdos to stop them.
>>
>>44818183
Legacy tibalt with library of leng is my dream.
>>
>>44818311
Tibalt with leng and gamble
>>
>>44818130
>>Do you still play Aurelia?
Of course, she was my first edh deck
>>Has the list changed much in the last year?
Not really, Still semi voltron semi tokens, going to add in new chandra when she drops in price or if I pull her while drafting
>How does it perform?
Despite being R/W pretty good unless I am being focus on when I have nothing on the field and clearly not the threat, seriously she ist that scary.
>>Still having fun with it?
Of course, I have more fun with my Anefenza or Marchesa but I still like it, more so then Nezuri
>>
File: surpise voltron.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
surpise voltron.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Thoughts on pic related? Seems good if you want to surprise your opponents with a surprise voltron win.
>>
>>44818428
Any tips for aurelia? I'm helping my girlfriend build her's so far we have a grip of mana rocks, land including some utility lands, and some anthems and token producers. Also I tossed in initiative since she was all about running razia's purification. I'm debating adding a sword of untap and discard for flickerform/charger/assault shenanigans
>>
File: il_570xN.665489817_mth0.jpg (105KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.665489817_mth0.jpg
105KB, 570x570px
>>44814594

As a Jeleva player, fuck them and do it anyway. She's fucking wonderful at messing up everyone's shit. I play a lot of Modal bounce spells, so she is cast fairly frequently so I can dig for what I need. She's strong, cheap, and has a lot of disruptive potential. Easily my best deck that I should get to double sleeving at some point.

Now, my group has 2 Narsets, 2 Wanderers, 3 Animars, Jhoira, and there are I think 2 mana drains floating around on top of forces and pacts. I know that pain, and it doesn't matter. Play what YOU want to play, and make it so that it beats the shit out of everyone else.
>>
What tall think is the best stax general? Nath, teysa, hokori or what?
>>
who is the best colorless commander and is colorless actually viable now with all the new eldrazi stuff?
>>
>>44819257
Wow, that's really fucking neat, do you know where to get one of these?
>>
>>44819453

No, but I think it's pretty easy to make. Iirc, it's the oversized foil cut down to the size of normal card, but sideways. If you look at the lower left boarder of the art, you can see where it was cut. I've been meaning to grab a few and testing them out.
>>
>>44819205
Best tip for Aurelia: attack your opponent. Then do it again.

Oh and Hero of Bladehold is pretty much the best thing ever alongside Aurelia.
>>
>>44818130

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/aurelias-justice/

>Do you still play Aurelia?
Hell yeah! It was my first Commander deck (technically it was an Odric, Master Tactician deck to start, but what are you gonna do?). I break out Aurelia whenever we all decide we'd rather slug it out with monsters than exchange volleys of spells.

Also anytime Prossh shows up.

>Has the list changed much in the last year?
In the last year? Not much, honestly. More ramp I suppose. Since its inception it has gone from RW fatties to a mean, lean, MLD machine. Probably the most impressive upgrade of any of my decks.

>How does it perform?
If I play against my roommate and friend from college, it usually gets ganged up on. In 4+ or 1v1 games it's quite good and I think is around 60:40 as far as wins to losses goes.

>Still having fun with it?
Hell yeah! Dropping Cataclysm and watching my opponents squirm is great. So is commanding an army of hastened, trampling, first striking tokens that get to attack twice or more a turn.
>>
>>44819563
Oh yeah, looking at the bottom right you can see the part where it was glued on, like a centimeter above the toughness.

Well, it doesn't hurt to try, I just hope it will look as good. Probably it used acetone to peel off the foil, and glued on a blank card.
>>
>>44812102

To some extent I can see how Melek is better and have some obscenely dirty combos, but there is also something to be said about being able to get an extra turn and a 6/6 with Haste for UUU.

And heck, if Melek is out... do it twice.
>>
>>44813390

/tgedh/ will never stop hating Zur you fool.
>>
>>44816565

Okay.
>>
>>44818458
This might be the secret tech my Meren deck needed, thanks anon.
>>
>>44821379
>tfw you discover a card that's perfect for your deck but it turns out to be a 40-60 dollar card.

Fuck that noise.
>>
File: 1437780601163.png (244KB, 438x323px) Image search: [Google]
1437780601163.png
244KB, 438x323px
>>44817027
>How good is s/he?
He sucks dick. He's also a pretty bad commander. But still pretty fun.
>>
>>44823739
Good, all I wanted was something fun.
>>
move that gear up

>>44826999
>>44826999
>>44826999
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.