[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 577
Thread images: 96

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Tau Platos republic edition.
Nostalgia sub-edition.
>>
Squats.
>>
>>44772559
>Slow and Purposeful

Its relentless.

>Explain

Too much copy-pasting old shit without thinking.
>>
File: 1432860811410.jpg (627KB, 1100x1376px) Image search: [Google]
1432860811410.jpg
627KB, 1100x1376px
I claim this hallowed thread for the Imperium! For Dorn! Also, which would be better for Fists, Sternguard or a Dreadnought?
>>
File: 1442500616987.gif (499KB, 222x366px) Image search: [Google]
1442500616987.gif
499KB, 222x366px
What's the name of your warlord? You gave him/her a name, didn't you?

Have you come up with a backstory for him and his army?
>>
File: mws_sgtf.jpg (23KB, 332x497px) Image search: [Google]
mws_sgtf.jpg
23KB, 332x497px
>>44772559
because recent codices have been written by mongols.
>>
So my flgs is hosting a 30k league. I don't have the money to drop on a calth box, but they mentioned mechanicum as an option.

What 40k mech units would I be able to use/kit bash in to the 30k? And where the fuck are all the HH rule books| 0
>>
>>44772589
>re-rolling bolters
Sternguard
>>
File: 1384112139110.jpg (600KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1384112139110.jpg
600KB, 1536x2048px
>>44772584
>>44772617
Excuse me let me try that again

Terminator Armour costs 40 points
>2+/5++
>Cannot Sweeping Advance
>Power Fists/Weapons

Bikes, for 20 points, give
>12' Movement
>12' Auto run
>TL Guns
>+1 Toughness
>Can Sweeping advance
>Jink

Explain
>>
File: 655px-Loliork.jpg (86KB, 655x599px) Image search: [Google]
655px-Loliork.jpg
86KB, 655x599px
Getting back into 40k after a decade, I didn't play much back then, but I have a bunch of Eldar from back in the day. I bought some new stuff to put together a 1000 pt list to re-learn to play with, let me know what you think:

HQ: Farseer skyrunner

Troops:
Windriderx6 with scatter lasers (prob gonna do 2 squads of 3)

Dire avengers x 10 w/exarch (twin linked catapult) in a wave serpent with bright lances and shuriken cannon.

Heavy support:

Reapers x4 and an exarch- I have this squad fully loaded, reapers all have starshot missiles and exarch has EML.

Wraithlord with bright lance, scatter laser and ghostglaive.

This list leaves me with 80 points to spare, what should I do with it? I could get some more jetbikes, or I could get a spiritseer for support and more warp charges, as I eventually plan to incorporate a wraithknight and wraithguard into my army.

Thoughts?
>>
>>44772612

Cao Cao.
>>
If I wanted to play mostly melee Necron, would it be better to use Praetorions or Lychguard to go along with Wraiths.
>>
File: WAAAGH Bluudmaw.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
WAAAGH Bluudmaw.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>44772612
>laughinggrots.jpg
>>
>>44772612
Vladimir Göbbistav.

A Radical inquisitor Lord who received a vision of a terrible artifact hidden in a underground temple on a death world held by the tau.

Recently aquired the help of an arch magos with less that savory plans for the artifact.
With the help of the magos and his forces they recently smashed through a tau edge world and is making a line for the suspected planet.
A Krieg regiment is en rute as reinforcements.

I use the Inquisitor Torquemada rules, and a custom model for him.
The smashing of the tau edge world was part of bigger narrative campaign i took part in.
>>
>>44772685
Enjoy winning without trying at all
>>
>>44772612
Octo Mendoza for 40k, Alecto for 30k.
>>
>>44772612
Ausar the Relentless and Krosis the Learned, my Terminator Lord and Sorcerer respectively. I have backstory for both of them, more for Ausar, who was a Scout Captain captured by the Dark Eldar and Khorne gave him a blade to fight his way out. When he returned to his chapter, the Emperor's Harvest, the Chapter Master chose him to lead the chapter in the former's dying moments. The leader of the First Company objected to this, and a civil war broke out between the brothers who supported the Scout Captain and those who supported the First Company Captain. While victorious, Chapter Master Ausar took the remnants of his Chapter into deep space to atone for their sins and investigate a Space Hulk that held the Alpha Legion Sorcerer Krosis. The two met, joined forces to fight off Genestealers, and the Alpha Legionnaires pushed the Emperor's Harvest marines into full-blown Chaos Marines. The rest is history.
>>
File: 1365311497391.jpg (43KB, 479x360px) Image search: [Google]
1365311497391.jpg
43KB, 479x360px
>>44772677
codex authors were raped by terminators back in 2nd ediiton

>mfw sustained fire+rapid fire storm bolters
>when no one else could rapid fire
>>
>>44772713
Praetorians have ap2 shootin, but lychguard have armor bane or make a good bodyguard unit for your overlord. Have a squad of each
>>
>>44772663
>And where the fuck are all the HH rule books

In the HH general you mongoloid.

You can do a servitor force all armed with flamers or heavy bolters if you want, they are T5 and can have FNP. It really depends on what you have and what you can proxy.
>>
>>44772792
Is the sword and pistol combo for Praetorian worth losing Ap2 for an extra attack with Entropic Strike
>>
File: wizard.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>44772712
Good choice.
>>
>>44772802
Thanks. Forgot about the HH general thread.
>>
>>44772685
So going over your list it's a pretty solid eldar list that plays off of the traditional strengths of the codex; however, this means that there will be people who will not want to play against it. The windriders with scatter lasers in particualr tend to rub people the wrong way.

As for what I would do for your last 80 points, I would consider either a war walker or any of the non-flyer fast attack options as they are all good. Best of luck.
>>
>>44772677
You forgot deepstrike and cheap storm shields.
>>
>>44772957
>gives up all ranged weaponry for a Stormshield
>>
The idea that "Tau aren't commies" completely misses that the point is they're superficial pop culture commies, not whether or not their actual politics line up properly with stalinist russia.

Government control by a small, unquestionable class, nationalised everything, propaganda about the good of all and everyone in their place, stomping all over the little guy with a strong millitary.

Thems pop culture commies. The only thing that doesn't match up is that they're actually doing okay, no endemic poverty and starving dirt farmers.
>>
File: hhhhhh.jpg (64KB, 701x535px) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhh.jpg
64KB, 701x535px
Any stories about ig beating sm(not chaos)?
>>
I'm just getting into 40k and I'm pretty interested in Necrons, but I have some questions about them before I start to buy models. I really like fast things in games, so I've been looking at Destroyers and Tomb Blades. How do they perform? My friends have told me they're sort of like SM bikes, is this true? Also, while they seem to have anti vehicle equipment out the ass do they have anything worthwhile to bring against monstrous creatures and things of that nature?
>>
>>44773190
Vance Motherfucking Stubbs
>>
>>44773232
Necrons and fast dont really go together unless you're planning on an entire Destroyer/Tomb Blade army.
>>
>>44773259
>implying borealum isn't a reality
>>
>>44773157
>>>/pol/
>>>/pol/
>>>/pol/
>>
>>44772943

Do I want a war walker when I have the reapers? Fluff-wise I'm going with altansar, so I got the reapers pretty tricked out. The 4 regular reapers all can fire their starshot (S8AP3) and they get to re-roll failed to-hit rolls against fliers. The exarch has an EML and withf fast shot he gets two starhawk missles (s7 AP4) with true skyfire every shooting phase.

I know the war walkers are good but at 1000 points I just wonder if i will see enough fliers to make it worth it.
>>
>>44773288
A dead one
>>
>>44773273
Yeah I've seen, but both of those things are fast so I've been thinking about them to balance it out a bit. I also will probably get a transport barge or a night scythe
>>
>>44773290

Apparently you missed entirely the "It has nothing to do with their actual politics" thrust of that post.
>>
>>44773232
Wraiths are pretty fast, as are praetorians. Put warriors in transports to give them speed
>>
>>44773157
All that shit you posted describes the Imperium far better than the Tau. They even have the dirt farmers
>>
File: Destroyer Legion.jpg (97KB, 841x755px) Image search: [Google]
Destroyer Legion.jpg
97KB, 841x755px
>>44773312
Id personally make a Destroyer Legion if you want a nice amount of fast units, and they have great rules with them. After that you could make a Reclamation Legion which requires a unit of Tomb Blades.
>>
>>44773367
After the last General its very clear that its going to devolve rapidly into /pol/ debates
>>
>>44773382

Nah, they're more pop culture Nazicatholics with heavy borrowing from shit like Judge Dredd.

The main difference is honestly pretty much just that the Tau are atheists. Beyond that there's also that the Tau are semi-utopian with their skeletons hidden whilst the Imperium are more honest about being complete assfucks.
>>
>>44773382
>unquestionable class
not really
>>
>>44773382

Sure. I don't think he's saying the Imperium doesn't suck, though.
>>
>>44773397

Just go double Destroyer cult up to about 1800 points plus two Doom Scythes in a deathbringer flight for thematically apt air support. I have that list, and it performs painfully well.
>>
>>44773489

Clarification that the Deathbringer Flight caps it up to 2000, sorry.
>>
>>44772612
Oh you mean Adrellas, High Interrogator Chaplain of the Main Vindicator Contingent or perhaps Cudon, the Scalded Guardian.
>>
File: Big Boss.jpg (66KB, 506x807px) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss.jpg
66KB, 506x807px
>>44773489
id play against it, sounds fluffy and fun
>mfw theres no Orks vs Necron art
>>
Posting my list for my game on saturday. R8&H8

NSF+Inq 1850 points

NSF

1x Librarian, ML3, Cuirass
1x Librarian, ML3

2x Terminator squad, Justicar w/ Halberd, hammer, psycannon

1x Interceptor squad, 10 men, Justicar w/ Falchions, 2 hammers, 2 incinerators

2x NDK, swords, PT, H. Psycannon, H. Incinerator

Draigo

Inquisitorial Detachment

Coteaz
1x Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, terminator armour, hammer, psycannon, 3x servoskulls
>>
>>44772758

I'm only playing them because I already had a couple hundred dollars worth of eldar models. If I was starting from scratch I'd probably go with salamanders
>>
File: dr.wheelo.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dr.wheelo.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Could you fool the Inquisition being an AI pretending to be Iron Hands/Admech/Skitarii?
>>
>>44772612

My Tzeentchian Daemon Prince is Jack. I converted him to have a wolf head, raven wings, a missing arm and eye, a drawable (magnetised) sword impaled through his chest and waist tentacles. Still working on my green stuff skills so I can add some tattered clothing.

Those of you who get the reference will prolly commence mockery momentarily.
>>
>>44773293
You don't have to give everything eldar missile launchers. War walkers aren't anti-air. In fact, it'd take you over points cost, and not really help all that much. I think all the other options are better, just depending on what kind of dakka you want to sport.
>>
>Fire Warrior Hunter Team
>Elite choice 45 points
>Up to 5 models may buy Ion rifles or Rail Rifles for 10 and 15 points respectively
>May include a Shas'ui for 10 points (standard options, including guardian drones)
>Entire squad may take Breacher field generator (5++ when comboed with the drone) for 5 points per model

Would you take it? Would you play against it?
>>
>>44773665
Just erase a magos consiusnes and install yourself
>>
>>44773670
I'm ashamed to know that's Homosuck garbage.
>>
>>44773709
remeber that breachers swap pulse rifles/carbines for pulse blasers / field generator for free
>>
>>44773670
i dont even know what thats referencing but it sounds gay as shit
>>
File: Orks winning vs Casual Army.jpg (860KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Orks winning vs Casual Army.jpg
860KB, 2048x1536px
>>44773709
No because you probably have 1-3 Riptides and a Stormsurge and I can kill neither.

Honestly I like the idea, should just start the squad (5man?) with Ion Rifles so they start at 95pts base
>>
>>44773709

>181 points for 5 Rail rifles, a sergeant and a 5++
>6 t3 wounds and a drone you want to die last

God no.
>>
Trying to expand my nid army, /tg/. Where do I go from here in order to make the list fun/decent (I'm not going competitive, so no 4 flyrants). I have:

1 Swarmlord
3 Tyrant Guard
1 Tervigon
60 Termagaunts
30 Hormagaunts
3 Warriors
8 Ripper squads
3 Zoanthropes
1 Trygon
1 Dakkafex
10 Gargoyles

I'm planning on getting 1 flyrant, but is there anything else that comes to mind? I was thinking either a squad of 3 Hive Guard, a Tyrannocyte, Deathleaper (as a cheaper alternative to the swarmlord), or another Dakkafex.

My friends play Imperial Guard, Tau, and Necrons. They don't have anything too stupidly OP, as we're all pretty casual and play for fun, so no need to worry about Stormsurge spam.
>>
>>44773775
True. I wasn't sure how expensive to make the field generators or to just give them default, so I went the cautious route.
>>
>>44773709
>>44773775
I should finish this post and say that the field generator shouldn't be more than 1ppm, or maybe 5 points for the squad (regardless of size)
>>
>>44773672

I also have a single D-cannon. Would that be worth fielding or would it just end up getting rocked before i could bring it into range?
>>
>>44773800
Plasma Crisis teams or a Riptide are both going to be more effective for a similar price
>>
Has anyone got a link to the doom of mymeara 2nd edition pdf? It's not on the mega
>>
2x Painboy - 100

1x Non-Force Org Mek - 15

2x 20 Shoota boys - 358
>Nob w/ PK/BP/Shoota

2x 10 Tankbustas - 290
>Nob - BP

5 Meganobz - 200

4 KMK - 156
>Max Gretchin / Max Ammo Runts

2 Traktor Kannon - 78
>Max Gretchin / Max Ammo Runts

====== Blitz Brigade Formation =======

5x Battlewagon - 650
>Ram / Extra armour / 1 Rokkit Launcha

>>
>>44773799
>>44773825
Thanks for the suggestions. So 20 points base with the field generator and ion rifle, with a 5 point rail upgrade option? Seems workable.
>>
Experimental CSM Slaanesh List-750pts

Thoughts pls, ty <3

Chaos Lord, MoS, Power fist, Combi-Melta, Sigil@140
2(7 Noise marines, 6 sonic blasters, Doom siren+CCW, Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher)@210 each
6 Havocs, 2 lascannon, 2 missile launcher, Icon of excess+CCW@190
>>
>>44773831
Nah go for it. They aren't the squishiest targets and one of the good things about them is that they draw (and soak up) a fair bit of fire. If it gets into range it can be very deadly, if it doesn't then it probably helped something else survive long enough to do damage. And all of the rest of your army is long ranged anyway.
>>
File: Orks winning vs Tyranids.jpg (172KB, 1173x881px) Image search: [Google]
Orks winning vs Tyranids.jpg
172KB, 1173x881px
>>44773809
+2 Tervigons
+3 Venomthropes
+3 *Pick any Monstrous Creature
+1 Squad of Warriors
+5 Carnifexs
+3 Zoanthropes
x2 all Gaunts

Thats how I would do it disregarding usefulness, I collect models to fill out my horde so I like multiples (Orks)
>>
>>44772612
I actually have a bunch of them. Usually I will play a few games with my new HQ models until they do something badass, and thus earn themselves a name and a backstory. For example, my Captain Isaac didn't earn a name for himself up until last month, when I started running him with the Raven Guard Artifacts.

> Captain Galahad, wielding a Thunder Hammer in Artificier Armour. He's my 2nd Company Captain, who very much fills out the role of a knight in shining armour on the tabletop. He's not afraid at all to take hits for his squad, and his chivalrous mentality tends to get the better of him on the battlefield.

> Captain Isaac: A Hotheaded Captain of the 7th Company, who leads a squad of Sternguard as his honor guard. Unlike Galahad, he's obsessed with taking on big things with his relic lightning claws, and often completely ignores the safety of his own men for the sake of getting in challenges to prove his own worth.

> Ancient Brother Valentine: While not an HQ, this is actually my Deredeo Dreadnought. He was originally the 7th Company Captain of my chapter, but he died over 6,000 years ago, and was interned within the chapter's only Deredeo. His sarcophagus was originally recovered on a deathworld, and bore the markings of X-IX-XX, with the original legion markings scraped off the hull. The Machine Spirit is normally quite dormant, but awakens with a fierce vengeance whenever the chapter faces monstrous creatures on the battlefields of the 41st millenium.
>>
>>44773890
10/10 list I totally suggested the changes last time you posted it

Actually id drop the Tankbusta Nobz unless you are going to be getting out of your Battlewagons. For the price of both of them (30 pts) you can field another KMK or Traktor
>>
>Leman Russ is the worst primarch
>Ultramarines are the best chapter
>Tau are glorious good guys
>Eldar are more Japanese that Tau
>Matt Ward was a good writer
>Newcrons are better than Oldcrons
>Abbaddon is a success
>Imperial Guard is useless
>Be'Lakor is stronger than the Chaos Gods
>Lorgar is the best traitor primarch
>Black Templars worship the Emperor as a God
>Dark Angels are closeted traitors
>Orks are just useless backdrop villains
>>
Kharn's index Chaotica says that Kharn has fought and defeated all sort of opponents. Necrons Overlords, Ork Warbosses, and Eldar Exarchs have fallen before him. However, he prefers fighting the Imperium the most. That's why he is always eager to join up with Abaddon's Black Crusades.

So a few questions.

Why does Kharn hate the Imperium so much?

How did his chain axe not break when he fought Necron Ovrelord? The only weapons that can survive clashing with Necron warscythes are power weapons.
>>
>>44774005
You're getting slower at your copy-pasta
>>
File: storm-trooper-plasma-pistol-gw.jpg (23KB, 444x319px) Image search: [Google]
storm-trooper-plasma-pistol-gw.jpg
23KB, 444x319px
>>44774005

>Debatable. There are worse.
>Debatable. There are better.
>Debatable. Good for the Tau, sure.
>Debatable. In some aesthetic aspects, sure.
>Debatable. Rules or fluff?
>Debatable. I prefer oldcrons.
>Agreed.
>Wrong.
>Is he? What's the new fluff?
>Debatable. Angron has been doing things.
>Do they? Source?
>Agreed.
>Agreed.
>>
>>44774005
> Dark Angels are closeted traitors
EXCUSE ME YOU FILTHY HERETIC. I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT TO YOU THAT DARK ANGELS ARE CLEARLY THE MOST LOYAL SPACE MARINE CHAPTER TO HAVE EVER EXISTED. WE ARE SO LOYAL IN FACT, THAT THE ULTRAMARINES AND WARDIAN KNIGHTS SHIT THEMSELVES AT THE SIGHT OF US, THEN BEG US TO TEACH THEM OUR LOYALIST WAYS.

NOT A SINGLE DARK ANGEL HAS EVER TURNED TRAITOR, OR EVER EVEN CREATED A HERETICAL THOUGHT WITHIN THEIR SUPREMELY LOYAL ASTARTES MINDS.
>>
>>44773452
The ur~Commies in Russia started out atheist but readopted Orthodox iconography to boost morale during WWII. The Imperium started atheist but went Catholic when it suited them

It's ridiculous to call the Tau commie and not the Imperium
>>
File: 1452552603043.jpg (17KB, 261x294px) Image search: [Google]
1452552603043.jpg
17KB, 261x294px
>>44773873
>Has anyone got a link to the doom of mymeara 2nd edition pdf? It's not on the mega

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>44773916

Let's work on your formating anon.

CAD 750pts of CSM Slaneesh

>Chaos Lord, MoS, Power fist, Combi-Melta, Sigil

>2x 7 Noise marines, 6 sonic blasters, Doom siren+CCW, Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher

>6 Havocs, 2 lascannon, 2 missile launcher, Icon of excess+CCW

Points per unit isn't needed because the people giving you advice already know.
>>
File: 1452522809438.jpg (72KB, 633x622px) Image search: [Google]
1452522809438.jpg
72KB, 633x622px
>>44774123

>That one autist who replies with a straight face.

Every time.
>>
>>44772612
Cherek Bear-Shoulders.
Wolfy wolf on wolf lord whose saga of kills includes 2 titans, papa Smurf, Abaddon and Smashfucker
>>
File: DA mentioned.jpg (221KB, 1024x874px) Image search: [Google]
DA mentioned.jpg
221KB, 1024x874px
>>44774134
I SECOND YOUR STATEMENT BROTHER, NO CHAPTER IS BETTER THAN THE FIRST LEGION! FOR THE LION!
>>
>>44774140
The Mega hasn't updated Doom of Mymeara to the 2nd edition of it for fucking ever, even though it was updated quite awhile ago. There's ANOTHER mega somewhere that actually does have the newest version, but it's pretty damned hard to find.
>>
>>44773461
It's heresy to question your betters, citizen
>>
>>44773933

Sounds good to me. I forgot to mention I was looking at venomthropes, too, because I love the swarm aesthetic and those are pretty mandatory.

For the various monstrous creatures, are any in particular worth noting? Hive crones seemed cool to me, as well as Tyrannofexes (the anti-infantry variant, not the anti-vehicle).

No love for hiveguard, though? They just seem super awesome for vehicle popping, and avoiding line-of-sight just sounds like map hax. Even if they're not good, I might just get some because I love the look of them, but I was wondering if they're actually useful.
>>
>>44774055
>Why does Kharn hate the Imperium so much?

Anthrocentrism.

>How did his chain axe not break when he fought Necron Ovrelord? The only weapons that can survive clashing with Necron warscythes are power weapons.

I2.

(You know the goal of close combat isn't to hit your enemy's weapon, right? It's to hit your enemy.)
>>
>>44774055
His chain axe was forged by a Primarch himself and blessed by Khorne.

It won't break.
>>
>>44774055
Kharn doesnt have a normal chain axe, he has the custom discarded weapon of Angron, primarch to the world eaters, made of the teeth of a mars/void dragon (hinted to be necron related).

Also kharn hates the imperium because its the direct opposing force to chaos. So far story wise he shouldnt hate them any harder than he hates anything as a berzerker, he just shows up because even chaos doesn't consider xenos to be any real threat.

the real fight is with the Imperium of Man.
>>
>>44774171
link to this other mega?
>>
>>44774160

Am I Leo or Gaga in this situation?
>>
>>44772612
Actually I am struggling to come up with a good name for my new wolf lord and his wolf guard for the narrative campaign starting soon
>>
>>44774192
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
>>
Some list I made to weed out my weekend friends from my real friends

Hunter Contingent

Hunter Cadre
Commander (C&C, Sensor Suite, Neuroweb)
3x Crisis Suits (dual plasma, 2 w/fusion 1 w/flamer)
6x Pathfinders
Hammerhead (Submun, SMS, sensor spines)
3x 5-man Strike Teams

Firebase Support

Riptide (ion, SMS, stim)

Broadside (HYMP, SMS)

Broadside (HYMP, SMS)

999 pts
>>
>>44774202

Gaga of course.
>>
>>44772612
Bonhut, a Necron Lord who was very insistent on giving nothing but the best transference to his entire domain, even the lowliest Warrior. Well, it turns out that such frivolities are a major drain on resources, so he only managed to get a small amount in. Combined with his tomb world's stasis protocols mucking up and killing around half of that, he's only got a fraction of the forces that most Lords would have. Genuinely cares for his men, but absolutely no-one else.
>>
>>44774211
I was the original anon, thanks!
>>
>>44774142
Sorry, I'm a newbie
any tips though? x
>>
>>44774203
You should definitely look to traditional scandanavian names for your Space Wolf character. If not, then this Dwarf Name Generator set to "Warhammer Fantasy Dwarves" can make some pretty great names.
>>
>>44774216

Seems largely tame. You know everyone you play against is gonna contest the Buffmander issue though? Easier to just do something else.
>>
>>44774275
I forgot the link..

http://dwarf.namegeneratorfun.com/
>>
>eldar can now deal with
>deathstars
>any version of super heavy
>psychic phases
>and objectives

Why aren't you playing the best army competitively?
>>
>>44774055
He probably hates the Imperium most for killing his Warmaster and rejecting Chaos

Also killing his canon love interest
>>
File: 1452416096344.png (93KB, 519x315px) Image search: [Google]
1452416096344.png
93KB, 519x315px
>>44774123
>Imperial Guard aren't useless meat for when GW needs to kill billions of people before 10 marines save the day
>Ward was even debatably a good writer
>Angron does anything but autist rage
>Dark Angels are traitors
>Orks are backdrop
>>
>>44774211
But that doesn't have the updated IA11?
>>
>>44774181
>I2.

Objection.

We have recorded fights of Captain and High Marshal Helbrecht against Necron Overlords. The Necron Overlords struck with so much force and speed that the marines had no choice but to parry the attacks or redirect the force. If the attack connected, the marine would have been smashed aside.

High Marshal Helbrecht force weapon ultimately was shattered in the fight.
>>
>>44774310
Captain Cato*
>>
>>44774279
What issue? are you saying theyd contest whether he buffs everybody when they shoot as one?
>>
>>44774203
Canis Wolfman
Wermarine Foxwolf
>>
>>44774300
Because I still have friends and I'm not a dick. You should consider visiting Kurt Cobain's dentist.
>>
>>44774179
I cant actually give straight player experience since my brother stopped playing his Nids after the abomination that was the 5th ed codex. I do know Crones are considered one of the best creatures in your codex. Not sure on Tyrannofexes and Hiveguard (although they Guard sound good)
>>
>>44774310

Well yes, that's because Necron Lords were I4 before the 5th edition codex randomly decided everyone needed the same initiative score.
>>
File: chaplain in deathwing armour.png (807KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
chaplain in deathwing armour.png
807KB, 900x600px
>>44772612
Still trying to figure out a backstory for my terminator interrogator chaplain and whether I could use it as an excuse to paint him like this or not.

No doubt I'll just steal a name from the bible like every other DA guy, Azariah is what I'm leaning with but apparently it's still in use so it could be a dumb choice.
>>
>>44774330
People don't get that inclusive statements don't have exclusive implications in writing, for some reason.
>>
File: 1452713201481.jpg (48KB, 387x357px) Image search: [Google]
1452713201481.jpg
48KB, 387x357px
>>44774216
>Some list I made to weed out my weekend friends from my real friends

How is this list going to do that?
>>
>>44774216
It's OK.

>>44774266
I don't know about CSM, however.

Those Havocs are mainly going to be in the back while those Noise Marines will be more front line. They should have the Icon of Excess. Missile launchers are kinda lame, plasma cannons (if Chaos has access to such) would be better.

Havoc launchers on the Rhinos sound cool but points are better spent buffing both Noise Marines with an Icon. They're only 11 FA, they're at real risk of dying before they do anything.

>>44774300
I already play Tau.
>>
>>44774300
Because I play for fun with subpar shit that I like?
>>
>>44774330

Yes.

It's hotly debated, and regardless of the actual conclusion of the debate a blatant dick combo regardless.

Also it's not even necessary: With marker sharing you can get the same results minus the Neurochip's effect with 3 marker hits. (2 for ignores cover, 1 for BS4, combined fire buff for BS5)
>>
>>44774360
weekend friends will argue combining rules with me. real friends will realize were just there to have fun.
>>44774359
right?

Overall, i just wanted to see how well the firebase support works when combined with everybody shooting at once.
>everybody is tank hunting, rerolling, markerlight-burning greater good
>>
>>44774330
Well the ITC did rule against it. While you certainly don't have to abide by them, they are a voice of reason people respect.
>>
File: Elf in Grim Space.png (640KB, 515x753px) Image search: [Google]
Elf in Grim Space.png
640KB, 515x753px
>>44774300
>Playing elves
>Playing elves in space
>>
>>44774422
ITC ruled a nerf, departing from the 'how should this be interpreted' to 'what do you want to play it as', with a post clarifying that it's about nerfing it or not.
>>
File: real4k.jpg (517KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
real4k.jpg
517KB, 900x600px
>>44774357

You can tell this isn't official 40k art because it's missing elements typical of GW's stuff.
>>
File: 1452804968480.jpg (265KB, 1276x719px) Image search: [Google]
1452804968480.jpg
265KB, 1276x719px
Why does Eldar use child soldiers?
>>
File: 1452466943191.jpg (37KB, 743x605px) Image search: [Google]
1452466943191.jpg
37KB, 743x605px
>>44774413
>weekend friends will argue combining rules with me. real friends will realize were just there to have fun.

Did you mean to say real friends will realize you're just there to fuck them in the ass?
>>
>>44774413
>real friends will realize were just there to have fun
>real friends will let me win
I fixed your spelling
>>
>>44774478
>>44774476
real friends realize its all just for the greater good
>>
>>44774476
>>44774478
>Not having a meta rife with Eldar, Necrons, SM and Imperial Knights.
Having played Tau all throughout the time in 7th where they were mid tier at best, I can get wanting to tank-hunt some broadsides into a Knight.
>>
>>44774464
>why does the race that caused the Horus Hersey, the rise of chaos, redirects Ork and Hive Fleets to other planets, and be gigantic dicks in general do bad things.
>>
>>44772791
To be fair, You'd spend the next two turns removing 'JAM' tokens from the models though.
>>
File: avatar of kony.png (45KB, 224x229px) Image search: [Google]
45KB, 224x229px
>>44774464 because Avatar of Kony
>>
>>44774530
You've given me horrible PTSD flashbacks to Space Hulk.

Fuck. Space. Hulk.
>>
File: bunker.jpg (460KB, 1200x610px) Image search: [Google]
bunker.jpg
460KB, 1200x610px
Why are bunkers more fragile than vehicles?
>>
>>44774569
no machine spirit, obvi
>>
>>44774464
Dunno... but I just bagged a load of old, metal, guardians. Fear my twinkly, Las-Gun wrath!

Thankfully I Have enough plastic arms for them... I only bought them to go with my Epicast Falcon Grav-Tank.... but might have to buy an Armorcast Falcon one for the second squad.
>>
File: Battle scene comparisons.png (2MB, 1600x593px) Image search: [Google]
Battle scene comparisons.png
2MB, 1600x593px
>>44774457
Haha nice, it's also far too gritty for modern 40k artwork.
>>
>>44774413

Buddy, if you made our friendship contingent on whether I accept standing around being a shooting gallery for a rules lawyer build, which one of us is being the dick?
>>
>>44774530
But removing/adding tokens is why I loved epic. It was half wargame half yugioh.
>>
>>44774569

The better question is, "Why do Loyalists use bunkers decorated with their own ally's corpses." It's only encourage the spread of disease.
>>
>>44774526
>causedthe Horus Heresy
You've got some pretty special doublethink going on if you think Eldar caused the HH and not Colchis assholes
>redirects Ork and Hive Fleets to other planets
Inquisitor Kryptmann says "hi"
>child soldiers=bad things
I bet you think sex between 17-year olds is pedophilia
>>
>>44774592
>rules lawyer build
i just thought id would be a fun thing to make, but sure ok im being a dick.
do you ever have fun?
>>
>>44774266
Also, do not put a MoS on a unit with a power fist...
>>
>>44774569
Because you touch yourself at night
>>
File: bunker2.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bunker2.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>44774587

What about that magos machine spirit? Is that the poor man's machine spirit or somethin?
>>
>>44774620
UH, ALL THE ELDAR OR XENOS AS I LIKE TO CALL THEM, GET OFF THIS COMMUNITY BECAUSE IT'S FOR HUMANITY ONLY, UNDERSTAND? CAUSE IF YOU DON'T I WILL MAKE ELDAR ASS-SLAVES TO SLAANESH AGAIN!!!
>>
>>44774627
It would seem silly, but the thinking behind it is he'll still outspeed every other I4 unweildy
>>
>>44774620
>fuck Slaneesh into existence
>Slaneesh woke up the other gods
>the ruinous powers started to plot
>takes the Primarchs away
>corrupts Primarchs after their less than optimal "child hood"

Kryptman simply lead then to Ork worlds. Who cares.
>>
>>44774624
How is that formation any more fun than just taking everything normally and firing it at one unit?
>>
>>44774624
>do you ever have fun?
Not against anyone like you that's for sure
>>
>>44774526
>caused the Horus Hersey
>redirects Ork and Hive Fleets to other planets
Enlighten me
>>
File: 10daemonettes.jpg (67KB, 831x485px) Image search: [Google]
10daemonettes.jpg
67KB, 831x485px
So how does GW get rid of Slaanesh in the 40k setting now that they killed him off in Age of Sigmar?
>>
>>44774689
Harlequins end goal is having slaanesh vomit up all the eldar souls they've eaten over the years. Being weakened like that would allow the other gods to fuck him up.
>>
>>44774624
>do you ever have fun?

Well, I don't take a Decurion when playing Necrons, and avoid power builds as Daemons, so yes.
>>
File: skelington.png (121KB, 200x330px) Image search: [Google]
skelington.png
121KB, 200x330px
>>44774619

Hey now, this is pretty good stuff if you play chaos marines.
>>
>>44774689
No, 40k has always been Grim Dark. I bet they want to sell AoS to children.

>>44774669
What
>>
File: 1429222871546.jpg (152KB, 600x870px) Image search: [Google]
1429222871546.jpg
152KB, 600x870px
>>44774590
The shift towards third-party, less intricate art is depressing. The intricate, two-page battle spreads were one of the big reasons I got into 40k in the first place.
>>
>>44774689

>Diazmonettes

Good taste. Those things are responsible for like three of my fetishes.
>>
>>44774719
>>44774684
>anything good cant possibly be fun
ok
>>
File: abheadon.png (1MB, 1354x1552px) Image search: [Google]
abheadon.png
1MB, 1354x1552px
HE HAS NO STYLE

HE HAS NO GRACE

THIS WARMASTER HAS A FUNNY FACE
>>
File: what dicks.jpg (39KB, 395x283px) Image search: [Google]
what dicks.jpg
39KB, 395x283px
>>44774686
>Enlighten me
>>
File: sand marines.jpg (199KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sand marines.jpg
199KB, 1600x1200px
Why is twin-lined a re-roll to hit instead of a re-roll to wound/penetrate?
>>
>>44774669
You are wrong, but explain your logic so we can tell you why you are wrong
>>
>>44774843

Love the camo job.
>>
>>44774812
Shit I didnt know this, cheers anon for Ork fluffers
>>
>>44774812
Wow... what a crappy direction to take the fluff in... He was way cooler when it was a random bolter-shell.

That said, GW are just ace at fucking up anything that works well.
>>
>>44774812
>people still don't know about Eldrad's shenanigans

I feel like I should start a church and go door to door preaching about this crap.
>>
>>44774843
>Why does twin-linked not double the amount of shots in the shooting weapons profile
>>
>>44774843
It used to be 'one roll to hit but two actual hits', but that was in 2nd. I thing it's meant to represent using the first shot to 'lead' the target.
>>
>>44774673
>Kryptman simply lead then to Ork worlds. Who cares.
And the Eldar simply led them to Armageddon, who cares?
>>
>>44774897
>'one roll to hit but two actual hits'

That makes a fuck ton more sense.

I mean, it'd have to be both rarer and more expensive, but you can't say it doesn't make a fuck ton more sense.
>>
https://archive.is/T7tOl

Thoughts.
>>
File: uJ835Rd.jpg (414KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
uJ835Rd.jpg
414KB, 2448x3264px
>>44772612
Grey Knights Librarian, Leon Sariel, not much to his backstory other than leading the cleansing/prevention of demonic incursions on several worlds.

Tau Commander, Northwind is the leader of the combat forces for the Tau of the T'ron expedition, while the leader of the entire expedition is the stoic Ethereal Aun'ke. The purpose of the T'ron expedition is to experiment with terraforming technologies and to begin attempts to rejuvenate the worlds in the Zone of Silence by reintroducing key components required for life to be sustainable. Pic related, propaganda style picture of Aun'ke, Shas'o Northwind is still being built.
>>
>>44774897
2nd was the only time it made sense. If you have two barrels welded together pointed at the same thing, then if one hits 99.99% of the time the other does too.

Re-roll to hit is certainly useful, and much much preferred over Master Crafted (where you need to roll the MC weapons individually), and it also fills a mechanical sweet spot rather than simply increasing BS or number of shots, but fluffwise it's total nonsense.
>>
>>44774931
I prefer the "shit I missed, better shoot again" thing because it becomes impromptu AA if you need it.
>>
whats the best way to play ghostkeels?, i was thinking of rolling a squad of three all with the cyclic ion rakers and fusion.
>>
Could someone post the rules for the new IG starting set ?

Also are the minis exactly as in the picture ? Because that would leave you with one spare Guardmen (the HW team consists of the Guards, right ?).
>>
>>44774942

Isn't the Tervigon just a big ol' vagina?
>>
>>44774997

Models from the formation within 6" or 12" of the russ get 4+ cover. Pretty lazy formation rules imo.
>>
>>44774942
Fuck off back to Tumblr.

>what is Sisters of Battle
>who is Shadowsun, Hero of the Tau
>Eldar in general

2/10 made me reply.
>>
>>44774777
>anything good cant possibly be fun
>weekend friends will argue combining rules with me. real friends will realize were just there to have fun.
Its not your list anon, its you
>>
>>44774995
>i was thinking of rolling a squad of three all with the cyclic ion rakers and fusion.
That is optimal normal, consider swapping for Burst cannons if in a OSC. Taking multiple in a squad (especially 3) is very strong, and shouldn't be done to to weaker a codex. (specifically guard)
>>
>>44774997
4+ cover for formation infantry within 6" of the tank

>>44774942
Post it in thread where my filters can hit you faggot.
>>
>>44774985

That's a tactical advantage of the rules, not a simulationist element.
>>
>>44774942
>Tyranids are basically bugs, so again, genderless.
wat

Aside from the fact this cunt clearly doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about, who cares? GW isn't going to change it
>>
>>44774871
Crappy direction? It was always the case.
>>
>>44775059
Cool story anon, you should tell it in threads.
>>
>>44775021
and yet its fucking great

>inb4 markerlights
>>
>>44774942
>What is Slaanesh?
Slaanesh's domain of excessive sexuality covers all that Bumblr gender shit instantly. There's probably a pleasure cult that is exactly like SJWs where they take pleasure in seeing who can have the longest gender title or the most prefixed gender title.
>>
>>44775051
i was thinking of taking 3 purely for the +1 ballistic desu
>>
>>44774995

Give them the overwatch boosting item by default, I've killed tons of things that way, and any survivors just sucked up BS2 shooting (plus supporting fire, I usually keep marker drones close behind them so it's often actually BS3 or 4 too) before getting into assault with three monstrous creatures.

FNP is handy, but better on single suits as it's a massive point sink to equip a unit with the system.
>>
>>44775074
He rose up in the ranks from a lowly nob to the warlord we know after taking a bolt to the skull and getting some fun surgery from grotsnik that made up believe (which turned out to be true) that he was being spoken to directly by gork n mork. That's what it says in the ork codex anyway.
>>
>>44775042
it actually hasnt happened at my flgs yet, it was a joke.
like you.
>>
>>44775025
Hey i think this report is bullshit (hence the archive) I just wanted your guys opinion on it.
>>
>>44774762
and this is nothing: you should see what they did to fantasy, 40k's future is sure to be dark and grim, not in the way we'd like it to be, though.
>>
>>44774942
Ok anon, I'm triggered, good job

>The Eldar do … okay, but not great. They have a handful of female models in their basic units, and an all female (or according to certain sources, all identifying as female, which is as close as we’re going to get to transgender models)
>I always read tyranids as all female - they sail through the universe making everything into more tyranids through feminine organic birthing as opposed to masculine mechanical construction. They were my girls, cutting through a sea of rancid testosterone with claws and teeth only to create, not destroy... such a pretty pretty swarm...

I'm actually completely fine with gay, trans etc. I think that they should be able to marry and adopt, but this is some ridiculous level of bullshit
>>
>>44775152
At least the end times had awesome art.
>>
>>44775074
>>44774812
>>44774871
This is from the Ghazghkull Supplement, the Eldar codex writer was just trying to make his elves super kewl
>>
File: -45.jpg (196KB, 680x847px) Image search: [Google]
-45.jpg
196KB, 680x847px
>>44774942

>There Are Only Men, and It’s Terrible
>Hi, my name is James
>>
my opponent got a deepstrike mishap with some of his terminators, and rolled a 2 on the table - indicating that I should place the unit. Are there any restrictions where I can place? Is it the whole board?
>>
>>44775107
The fact that they can deny fire 3 times is also fairly ridiculous.
>>
>>44775209
>Implying both aren't true
>Implying farseers didn't manipulate the fight to happen exactly like that
>Implying elves don't ruin everything
>>
>>44775220
Yes you can place it in the corner, no he won't like it.
>>
>>44775213

>Men aren't allowed an opinion on sexism/feminism

Look we all know third wave tumblr feminism is a giant pile of incestuous hugbox bullshit, but let's not pretend you need to be a specific gender to say specific words. Anyone can say stupid or sensible shit.
>>
>>44775150
I guess I'll actually use logic to rip apart the argument.

The Imperium of Man is not supposed to be a place were we want to live. Yes there is no logical reason why the scientist couldn't make female Marines, but that's the entire point. It's sexist because it's supposed to be. You see races such as the Eldar and Tau who openly accept females into their ranks, so does the inquisition. Don't know about the Guard though.

Games Workshop isn't sexist now that Matt Ward left, there are elements of sexism in Warhammer40k because it's a dystopia and there's nothing wrong with that. The author of the article really doesn't understand the fluff or the setting at all.
>>
>>44774896

Presumably a twin linked weapon fires both barrels simultaneously, doubling the number of bullets in the air, but not the number of "shots".
>>
>>44775173
better than the average for 8th edition, I guess, but I fear we will never see the quality of the first years of this millenium ever again.
>>
>>44775250
I don't mind that, I just don't like the thing about the elves purposely making ghaz who he is today, that's dumb.
>>
>>44775256
Will that mean some of his units get killed because theyre off the table?
>>
>>44775021
>>44775057
So they carry around a ruin ? Does this work as a normal formation or are these just special rules for these models and can be used if the models are part of a unit, like a Leman Russ squadron ?
>>
>>44775162
Gay, trans, feminists, loud Italian macho men should be allowed to enjoy their lives, they should also do so without pestering me about it.
>>
>>44775265
> no logical reason why the scientist couldn't make female Marines
The Emperor wanted sons, because he likes things like himself, everyone else who tries to fuck with gene-seeds gets more mutation than success. Honestly I don't see why people hate on the fluff reasoning, there's no advantage to a gender-swap militarily so why risk mucking about?
>>
>>44775299
Ghaz made things himself and followed gork and mork, the elves believe in the butterfly effect and are keen to claim pride over things that aren't theirs, let them be.
>>
>>44775302
No, fuck sake man you're already getting a massive advantage due to a bad roll, why are you even thinking about getting more out of it? You're sounding like the tau players that ask around here to try and squeeze as much bulllshittery out of their codex as they can.
>>
>>44775302
You can't place them so that they would mishap again etc.
>>
File: a0e.jpg (38KB, 680x788px) Image search: [Google]
a0e.jpg
38KB, 680x788px
>>44775250
So the Eldar influenced the Imperium, that has been fighting Orks for 10k years, so that they would learn about how Orks worked, and make a base on a random world, that would ultimately result in Ghazghkull.... fucking elves man
>>
>>44775333
We don't really have many loud macho men here, it's probably the american part that fucked it up
>>
>>44775352
Exactly. The Emperor wanted sons.

That's all the reason anyone needs.
>>
File: 1429235294709.jpg (440KB, 1024x748px) Image search: [Google]
1429235294709.jpg
440KB, 1024x748px
>>44775285
One day, quality art and quality CSM rules will return. For both to happen, faith is necessary. Even if it is misplaced, it's better than abject despair right?
>>
>>44775352
>Honestly I don't see why people hate on the fluff reasoning

It's arbitrary and effects nothing.

They never needed to come up with a "justification" of male marines, they just needed to not bring it up until someone felt like sticking some girl sergeant heads on a tactical sprue.
>>
>>44775369
>Newfags ask about optimization all the time, knowing nothing about what is good.
>When Tau players do it it is some how worse, because there stuff is good-OP.
Get a new trigger anon, this one is boring.
>>
>>44774203
>Nordic name+animal/body part/winter natural disaster on any combination
Sven icetide
Agnar krakenhunter
Brynvald maelstrom
Bor coldfist
>>
>>44775375
It wouldnt cause a mishap, it would just mean a few units are off the table and dont come in, but the first couple units are(right?)
>>44775369
im just learning
>>
>>44775384
Well duh, there's no macho men left in Western Europe.
>>
File: ya bruled it.png (237KB, 346x344px) Image search: [Google]
ya bruled it.png
237KB, 346x344px
>>44775402

They did but they should have left it vague. When they made it a scientific reason that anyone can pull apart they fucked up.
>>
>>44775423
Honestly you should just read the section over again, but no you can't place them so they'd go off the table.
>>
>>44775429

The last macho men of Europe are forming roving rape gangs and attacking police stations.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48KB, 1120x816px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48KB, 1120x816px
>>44775397
>it's better than abject DESPAIR right?
There's no faith in the dark gods, accept damnation.
>>
>>44775402

I still vote we make it Leanne Russ and change exactly nothing about her personality and backstory as a result.
>>
File: 14460516133450.gif (523KB, 400x436px) Image search: [Google]
14460516133450.gif
523KB, 400x436px
>>44775369
Are you mad son?
>>
>>44775447
just to clarify - its not the main unit, it would just be the squadmembers
>>
>>44775378
No they clearly took the easier route of trolling the orks into attacking some humans.
>>
File: 1406058260076.png (159KB, 630x700px) Image search: [Google]
1406058260076.png
159KB, 630x700px
>>44774762

>warham art was ruined forever the day GW art dept discovered asian digital artist freelancers on deviantArt
>>
>>44775510
The guiding model cannot be placed in such a way that models in the unit could not be placed.
>>
>>44775420
>getting upset about tau bullshit getting called out
Did I hit a nerve? I mean, why do you feel like you need to defend those people?

and no, I'm not talking about "is dis gud?" sorts of questions, I'm talking about questions regarding rule bending and how many riptides can fit in a CAD. There's no newfaggotry there, just taufaggotry.
>>
>>44775138
And it always was said in the Eldar codexes that Eldrrad manipulated him, even in old dexes.

You have no room to complain about something as established like this.
>>
>>44775440
>that anyone can pull apart they fucked up.
How so? how is a genetic augmentation to implement on the Y chromosome easy to pull apart? What's even the reason for trying to pull female warriors into this?
>>
>>44774190
>made of the teeth of a mars/void dragon (hinted to be necron related).
Don't say bullshit it is made from the teeth of Mica dragons.
>>
>>44772589
Sternguard, rerolling the AP3 gets hot bolters is amazing, plus it fits the infantry theme of the Fists.
>>
>>44774569
Uhh Sergeant should we at bury these bodies somewhere? At least throw some mud or shit on em?
Should we I dunno at least fish at that grenade launcher? All this gear that we could use?
seriously thats just dumb
>>
>>44775513
....fuck
>>
>>44774812
>>44774860
>>44774871
>>44775250
>>44775250
>>44775250

Is all of /tg/ this terrible at reading comprehension?

The text doesn't says that Ghazkull's rise was the intentional result, just a result of the eldar trying to prevent a waagh.

Tldr, Eldar try to put out a candle with a bucket of jet fuel.
>>
>>44775545
Explain how Ghazghkull was manipulated by Eldrad in 500 words or less, double spaced and with proper punctuation.
>>
I fluff my Wolf Lords as the most powerful and important WGBL, the ones that will take the place of Ragnar, Egil Ironwolf or Engir Krakendoom when they will die, since I like to place my fight in the period shortly after the "stop" of the known fluff.
Am I the only one that does this with them (or when playing vanilla Chapter Master of chapters that have rules for them)?
>>
>>44775539

Wow you actually fall for those trolls? I'm sorry.
>>
>>44775539
>I am triggered and feel the need to insert Tau hate into a perfectly civil thread
>You called my skub boring, and me triggered, so I'll call you triggered.
Still not interesting, try Capslk?
>>
>>44775209
Nope, initially the voices Ghaz heard in his head was Eldrad's which he thought was the voice of the gods.

Then only later in the timeline did Gork and Mork notice Ghaz and make him their true prophet.
>>
>>44775529
digital artists were a cheap solution, not the cause of GW's artistic ruin: the causes were GW not accepting the idea of the artists claiming rights over their creations and GW giving less and less resources to complete art at a faster pace.

GW got ruined when the marketing team became the rotten head of the company rather than another limb.
>>
>>44775573
>>44775545
>>44775573
Please see >>44775209
>muh Eldar genius
>>
Guys, I'm jackshit at listbuilding, can I get some help making a list with what I have available? Luckily for me, my friend has some Tau he can lend to me. I'm fairly new to Tau and my games have proven to be less than successful. The units that are currently available between my friend and I are: 3 Ethereals, 1 Commander, 2 Riptides, 12 Crisis Suits, 2 Broadsides, about 30 Fire Warriors, 20+ Pathfinders, 15 or so Kroot, 2 Gunships, 1 Ghostkeel, 1 Stormsurge, 6 Stealth Suits, and a fuckton of Drones.
>>
>>44775025
>>what is Sisters of Battle
No really, what are they, I don't watch "American Idol"
>>
File: rapetide wing.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
rapetide wing.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
>>44775539
>how many riptides can fit in a CAD
why would I bother with a CAD when it's so easy to make you mad
>>
>>44774619

Obviously they died shielding the bunker's holy walls from enemy fire with their meaty bodies.

>just another day in the guard
>>
What army builders do you guys use? Which would you say is the best?
>>
>>44775576
"friendly 750 point list" isn't what I'm talking about either, It's the sort of posts like the one last week or so asking if they could put in codex support systems on a FW tide because they didn't feel it was powerful enough without it.

>>44775586
What is this, #AllTauMatter or something? Why can't you admit your playerbase is full of beardy cunts? Why are you defending them?
>>
>>44775635
Oh wow, you totally showed those nazi conformist barbie cheerleaders.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 256x197px
>>44775601
>>44775545
>>
>>44775025
>>what is Sisters of Battle
This very general bitches whenever they are brought up
>>who is Shadowsun, Hero of the Tau
I have never in my life seen a Taufag field Shadowsun
>>Eldar in general
You do realize that Farseers are only female in DoW, right? And that GW only makes male model Farseers?
>>
>>44772612

Trying to come up with a name and nickname for a Tau Commander, and the Ethereal above him, that are part of a sept that might as well be ruled by run by the Tau's KGB/NKVD. The Home system is close to a black hole result of the experiments that made a couple of suns go Supernova (canon). Colony is made up of descendent of N'dras sept. Large number of Gue'la, including techpriest, are sent to the system for re-education. Heavy emphasis on Water Caste for espionage instead of diplomacy.
>>
>>44775162
Why the fuck does this trigger you, pussy? Someone likes Tyranids and imagines tranny Banshees?
>>
>>44775662
>This very general bitches whenever they are brought up

because the fanbase is insufferable, not because its a faction of women
>>
>>44775662
>I have never in my life seen a Taufag field Shadowsun

I use her for an anti-superheavy unit without needing to take my own superheavy and be a douche.
>>
>>44775666
>tfw Water Caste is hugely unrepresented in the actual game
Sure, we have 2 different alien species, but that's not an actual Water Caste Tau.
>>
>>44775662
They don't bitch about them due to sexism.

Shadowsun is under whelming stats wise and play wise. If you want fun take Farsight, if you want good take a general Commander.

GW also doesn't make a plasma cannon for tactical Marines.
>>
>ordered some new brushes and 40k stuff from a 3rd party seller i always use
>been preparing my order for 2 weeks
>not replying to me
t-thanks
>>
>>44775652
>An entire faction, that was mediocre or UP os often as it was OP, is full power-building cunts.
Maybe don't play with the 15 year olds, fresh in from Friday night magic?
>>
>>44774762

>legs almost as thick as the torso
>tiny pin head
>gigantic scout up front
>dat lack of contrast, too much cold tones on the muhreens against the background
>'muh digital art is bad' maymays

Please stop talking with your anuses.
>>
>>44775265
>I guess I'll actually use logic to rip apart the argument.
And fail miserably, good job son
>Yes there is no logical reason why the scientist couldn't make female Marines, but that's the entire point.
You're just completely wrong here, HH gives us an actual, scientific explanation for why there can never be female marines. >>44775265
>there are elements of sexism in Warhammer40k because it's a dystopia and there's nothing wrong with that
What you fail to understand is that the sexist elements aren't presented as part of the dystopia. 40k openly revels in the fact that billions die for imagined heresy, and the Guard is as likely to kill its own soldiers as the enemy, but in universe these are treated as lamentable facts, and even DEPLORED by sympathetic voices in the fluff. Meanwhile outright sexism in both the fluff and on this board is treated as normal, and not in any way connected to the dystopian aspects of 40k.
>>
File: eldrad.jpg (67KB, 839x225px) Image search: [Google]
eldrad.jpg
67KB, 839x225px
>>44775573
>>
File: 1448711868990.png (5MB, 3070x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1448711868990.png
5MB, 3070x1016px
>>44775749

wew lad
>>
>>44775768
Ghaz fighting the humans, and becoming 'the' warboss, are two different intents.
>>
>ork decurion makes ork Boyz free

How broken would this be?
>>
>>44775748
>>An entire faction
Oh okay you suffer from poor reading comprehension. You should have said so in your first reply.
>>
>>44775546
>how is a genetic augmentation to implement on the Y chromosome easy to pull apart
Because all the information contained on the Y chromosome (not much, btw) could easily be added to the Gene-seed itself, and bam both sexes can become SMs.

We've already declared we're doing magic-space-genetic-engineering, but neckbeards got butthurt when the first kid gave his space marine a ponytail so now we have to bullshit a reason why that can't happen.
>>
>>44775812
>>AoS
>>
>>44774942
>5 paragraphs of wank before actually starting the article
HA HA DIDN'T READ
>>
>>44775768
and the ork codex has grotsnik blow the heads off of any opposition ghaz had in the end, leaving him the only one for the job. There's clearly two different stories being told in each codex.
>>
>>44775791

I like to think Longstrike drove his hammerhead up to three feet away from Pask so he could yell at him.
>>
>>44775761
Where is the evidence for your claim. Sexism on the table and in the fluff that is treated as normal, but not connected to the dystopia?

Give actual tangible evidence, don't generalize.

>inb4 you should just know, it's obvious!
>>
File: 1360079197024.png (19KB, 497x385px) Image search: [Google]
1360079197024.png
19KB, 497x385px
>>44775812

>games never go past the 1st turn as the Ork player struggles to move all his models

Waaagh?
>>
>>44775659
>getting triggered over a joke
Calm down son.
>>
>>44775846

How else would they have an argument over the parking slot?
>>
File: DA ven dread.jpg (160KB, 819x595px) Image search: [Google]
DA ven dread.jpg
160KB, 819x595px
>>44775791
Cool art bro!
>>
>>44775813
>your playerbase is full of beardy cunts
I was presuming you were referring to the Tau faction, Did you mean all of 40k invalidating the premise for this? are you an autistic who hates hyperbole? the world may never know.
;^0
>>
>>44775859
Ain't a trigger and wasn't a joke, no laughs see.
>>
>>44775666

"Comrade Card-Index".
>>
File: 1452227526973.jpg (18KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1452227526973.jpg
18KB, 408x408px
>>44775749
>unironically thinking digital art is better than modern drawn art
>>
If I said chaos, whats the first CSM faction you think of?
>>
>>44775827
It's just as much bullshit reasoning for it to be possible for the Y chromosome to be added.

You're right were already in magic space genetic engineering, and in this universe it's not possible. So everything presented is 100% bullshit, because it's pretend.
>>
>>44775791
>...And so the great battle began, where the thunder of guns was silenced for a moment as the commanders exchanged sick rhymes for the war was not to be won with blood and thunder but the wicked burns of rapping commaders dissing each other from the cupolas of their vehicles.
>>
>>44775897
>I don't find the bad joke funny, so I should make an equally bad joke, but with more salt.
Too cool for me anon, just too cool.
>>
>>44775925

Black Legion because that's what I play
>>
>>44775925
Iron Warriors

THE FLESH IS WEAK!
>>
File: The best one.jpg (403KB, 845x849px) Image search: [Google]
The best one.jpg
403KB, 845x849px
>>44775925
>>
>>44775925
None, I think of WoC
>>
>>44775791

>After protracted battles that lasted several weeks, armoured forces on both sides of the conflict finally exhausted their ammunition stores. Bereft of the ability to snipe at each other through the medium of high explosives, the respective commanders on both sides met instead upon the field of battle to exchange insults. Pask's opening volley, in which he questioned the parentage of Longstrike, was parried deftly by the seasoned Tau campaigner, who instead drew attention to the compensating qualities of the barrels on the tanks Pask favoured. Stung by this unexpected attack, Pask went on the defensive, insinuating a relationship between Longstrike and his drones that, for a member of the Adeptus Mechanicus, would border on heretical. This possibly hit closer to home than the Imperial commander had expected, with his Tau counterpart reduced to stammered spluttering, whilst a number of his Fire Warrior comrades looked acutely embarrassed. Longstrike's attempted retort, in which he stated that only one who partook of such relationships himself would be able to notice the existence of them in others, made little impact, and shortly afterwards the Tau commander was forced to retreat, the various verbal slurs from the Imperials still ringing out across the battlefield.
>>
>>44775925

Word Bearers?
>>
>>44775812
>>44775852
I assume he means you still have to pay for units but "additional boyz" are free.
So it's 60 points for 10 sluggas, get 10 free, 4/pts a model so 80 points to give them all armour, 1/pts for shootas coasting 20 and 10 for the nob for a total of 170 points saving you 60 points.

It actually doesn't sound too overpowered or too far fetched.
>>
File: DJ-longstrike.jpg (12KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
DJ-longstrike.jpg
12KB, 297x170px
>>44775949
>>
>>44775893
I don't know what your problem is anon, but here have this http://grief.com/the-five-stages-of-grief/

You seem to be on anger right now, I hope you can get over the fact that the faction you chose was also chosen by some terrible people. Maybe one day you'll come to accept that, I really hope you do.
>>
>>44775922
>>44775791

You do realize your beloved Adrian Smith does digital art, right?
>>
>>44775791
The artist of that really liked punishers
>>
File: modern art desu.jpg (100KB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
modern art desu.jpg
100KB, 440x300px
>>44775922

I can cherry pick too, regard.
>>
>>44775827
No you don't understand, it is the gene-seed that works attaching to the Y chromosome, not the genes in the Y attaching to the gene-seed.

An XX Dna wouldn't have the proper "docks" to make gene-seed works apparently.

What is even the reason to have female warriors when there're plenty of men to use that are more fit to the job?
>>
File: Khorne bikers.png (2MB, 1105x809px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne bikers.png
2MB, 1105x809px
>>44775925
THE LEGIONS ARE DEAD, A SHADOW OF THE PAST. DAEMONKIN, NOW AND FOREVER

BEHOLD THE CHANGING FACE OF CHAOS
>>
>>44776008
How about just all Boyz upgrades are free including the Nob and his Wargear? Because a Nob PK BP is fucking 46pts off the bat
>>
>>44776069
>modern """"""art"""""
They're both complete shit.
>>
File: 1448717686824.png (352KB, 493x586px) Image search: [Google]
1448717686824.png
352KB, 493x586px
>>44776049
>>
>>44775574
>Eldrad mind yells: OI DIS BE GORK. YOZ BETTA GO TO DIS PLANET CALLED ARMAGE'EM!
>Ghaz : If you say so
>>
>>44776095
I don't bother with a boss pile in a boy mob, it's not worth the points if you have more than 15 models.
>>
>>44776043
>the faction you chose was also chosen by some terrible people.
>Power-gaming makes you a terrible person.
>You mentioned the fact that I inserted hate-skub into a thread for no reason, therefore you are mad.
Oh no, some WAACfags play the Tau faction in 40k, they are ruined forever. It's a good thing none of the other armies are tainted so.
Still unamused.
>>
>>44776091

Pictured: Khornate bitches too pussy to enter the warp and suplex a Juggernaut until it agrees to be their mount.
>>
>>44775612
It does not contradict anything of what we said. The Dark Angels were the guys who pout a round in his head. It was true even in the old fluff.

Try again.

>>44775660
Like I said the Eldar codexes.

See (>>44774812)
>>
>>44776008

Boyz can go up to 30 models. It would be 120 points for free.

If this was extended to all Ork units it would be pretty broken. A full MANZ unit would have 280 points of free models in it.
>>
>>44776128
>I have no nose, and i must sneeze.
>>
>>44776128

I'm sorry the truth hurts.

>>44776125

This guy has it right. Bad art is bad art. Fine art is fine art. All artists use whatever tools provided to them. But ultimately its up to the commissioner when art is incorporated into publications, such as Games Workshop books. In this case they go with digital because its infinitely faster and less of a hassle to translate that into the medium they are selling you vs getting a proper oil painting or whatever converted over into digital format.

If you want to blame someone, blame GW for picking no-names and slashing their budget literally everywhere to stay afloat because they're a bunch of idiotic dinosaurs. I'm not even sure its the shareholders at this point, I feel like its all Kirby and the sales teams to blame.
>>
>>44776185
This is consistent with the points comp I use to play Hunter Contingent with Orks.
>>
>>44776049
you do realize when people criticize computer generated content is because of the misuse of the medium through cheap effects rather than the assumption of the medium being inferior?
>>
>>44775726

>GW also doesn't make a plasma cannon for tactical Marines.

Muh Dark Vengeance
>>
>>44776185
But he said "boyz" which is the name of a unit in the book
>>
>>44774134
What are the Fallen.
>>
File: 1443597268046.jpg (66KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1443597268046.jpg
66KB, 722x349px
>>44776151
>yfw BP doesn't reroll leadership
>yfw reroll on "kill yourself" table
>>
>>44776227
>when most people criticize
There are anons and irl scrubs who genuinely assume it's inferior do to legitimate complaints out of context.
>>
>>44772612
Itzamna, the iridescent chimera. Used to be a psyker with mostly divination-focused powers, part of the auxilia and attached to the Alpha Legion to help with intelligence and logistics.
She didn't really completely 100% understood the reasons for which her spehhs mhreens became traitors but it's not like she had any choices, really. If anything, amongst the countless additional dangers there were also more opportunities for those eager to prove themselves.
Except things went to shit, her centurion started cooking up some sort of incomprehensible "master plan" that fucked all of his allies along with his enemies (assuming they worked and didn't just fuck his own allies) with the ultimate goal of ascending to daemonhood; she was, of course, forced to help him out just because she was too useful to be killed.
That made her bitter and jealous because she wanted the extra chaotic opportunities for herself rather than those who already were papa E's favourites, and secretly worked to saboutage him, using divination and staring into the warp to find the perfect moment to betray him and get rid of him once and for all.
And well, it turns out the Dark Gods kind of like that attitude and don't mourn the loss of supplicants that don't make the cut. So there she is.

Truth be told she doesn't really particularly care about the Dark Gods' agenda (or so she boasts), she just thinks she's better than anyone in the Imperium and wants to prove it by kicking the ass of every other Primarch that's still around. She also wants to found her own legion, the XXIst, even though she has no real stock of actual space marines and her attempts at creating them have been... You can't even call them failures, that'd imply there was a vaguely valid attempt. Of course she pesters Fabius Bile every time she can to get him to do that but you can guess how well that works.

I have too much spare time.
>>
>>44775843
Nope, it's the same story but with different characters doing their thing to reach a single outcome.

Which Ghaz being the Warboss and getting him to Armageddon.
>>
>>44776251
A miserable pile of dark angels' secrets.
>>
>>44776227

Actually no, there is a quite vocal cadre of people going 'lewl digital isn't real art' at all times. Source: my ass (I do both, I actually prefer working in traditional media but its frustrating to show someone the exact same painting done traditionally and digitally, and they think the latter is bad or 'fake' because its on a computer monitor.) Its like some caveman shit. 'DURR ME KRUG NO UNDERSTAND IF ME CAN'T TOUCH AND SEE'
>>
>>44776251
Don't encourage RPshit, that how "excuse me" trash got started.
>>
>>44776179
If only there was some way to hate the player and not the faction. You should really try and formulate an argument for why you're defending them next post or there's no point in continuing.
>>
>>44775695
The fact you believe the majority of the 'moaning' on /tg/ is from actual SoB players makes me chuckle sensibly.
>>
>>44776251
ASMODI, MAKE HIM REPENT.
>>
>>44776282
It's closer to art than vocalist are to actual musicians.
>>
File: wut.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>44775726
>GW also doesn't make a plasma cannon for tactical Marines.
>>
File: realm of slaanesh.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
realm of slaanesh.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>44776069

>modern art
>>
File: Oh-boy-here-we-go-again.jpg (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Oh-boy-here-we-go-again.jpg
50KB, 250x250px
>>44776216
>blame GW for picking no-names and slashing their budget literally everywhere to stay afloat
>stay afloat
>>
>>44776294
>Don't encourage RPshit, that how "excuse me" trash got started.

Wellll excuuuse me Princess.
>>
File: 1424702897663.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1424702897663.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>44776304

No you're right on that case, 90% of the people here moaning about Sisters don't own a single model. But that doesn't stop them. The other 10% are the trolls.
>>
>>44776302
>Reminding an anon not to randomly call out the vocal Tau player-base which consistency leads to the skubing of this thread is the same as defending WAACfagotry.
Still bored.
>>
any advices for a comeback dark eldar player?
I want to try my hardest without using eldar allies
>>
>>44776324

OH GOD WHAT
>>
>>44776362

Use Eldar allies.
>>
>>44776324
>average yuropoor art for children
>>
>>44776362
Corsair counts as, the rules are far better at reflecting DE than their current codex.
>>
>>44776282
Never argued it wasn't real art. Argued its shit compared to most of the art from 4th-only digital
>>
>>44776325

Okay, let me rephrase that.

'Slash budgets in kneejerk reaction to the changing market, younger and larger demographics, growing competition and failure to meet any of their insane expectations because they don't do any market research that would show them why their ideas are bad'.
>>
File: Wake me up inside.png (226KB, 468x345px) Image search: [Google]
Wake me up inside.png
226KB, 468x345px
>>44776260
>I pay 5 points for the privilege of killing more of my own models.
>>
>>44776344
Ah right, so you're the same sort that posts "bait.jpg" alongside an actual reply to the shitpost then wonders why the threads shit now.

Look at these posts here
>>44775489
>>44775636
Clearly trying to start a flamewar that I did not rise to. If you thought I was doing the same why did you reply? Why do you have such a large chip on your shoulder?
>>
>>44774569
>bunkers
>not giant flying energy shield with guns and drones
>>
>>44776324
It's interactive, sure as fuck beats a bedsheet with scribbles, or a blue canvas, they obviously put effort into the choreography and costume creation.

Art is where an idea and a skill exceeds normal imagination and random chance.

>>44776389
Pff with all that ethnic diversity it's 80% more likely to be a SF thing.
>>
>>44776324
>I FEEL THE WARP OVERTAKING ME
>>
File: gJqN3xPZMg.png (22KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
gJqN3xPZMg.png
22KB, 520x390px
>>44776324
>>
File: 1411832947295.png (30KB, 222x196px) Image search: [Google]
1411832947295.png
30KB, 222x196px
>>44776324
That's impressive, not in a good way overall.
>>
>>44775649

A-anyone?
>>
>>44776444
Whoops it's Australia not Yurop, but still. Basically the same.
>>
>>44776481
Pen n paper is unbeatable. Helps you memorise your army and point costs properly as well.
>>
File: Absolutely Disgusting.jpg (125KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Disgusting.jpg
125KB, 600x450px
>>44776444
>It's interactive, sure as fuck beats a bedsheet with scribbles, or a blue canvas, they obviously put effort into the choreography and costume creation.

I am actually surprised that someone can unironically defend what I just became blind for watching
>people believe this is actually art

inb4 its his magical realm
>>
>>44776481
battlescribe
>>
>>44776481
i sometimes use Battlescribe
>>
>>44776324
>>44776372
>>44776389
>>44776444
>>44776453
>>44776457
>>44776472
>>44776527
Video with sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnbxO7P7Xnk

also their site: http://snuffpuppets.com/
>>
>>44776481
Go get army builder and then bother someone else.
>>
>>44776304
>I'm a fucking retard
News flash, models didn't used to cost an arm and a leg. It's entirely possible, even probably that most SoB fans have at least a few models from back when they were decent
>>
File: Bad Moons.jpg (57KB, 404x558px) Image search: [Google]
Bad Moons.jpg
57KB, 404x558px
>>44776481
THis guy >>44776505
has a point, but after 5+ years and 12k points, I use battlescribe I also actively report points problems
All you Dread Mob anons should thank me for getting Killa Kans down to 35pts instead of 50
>>
>>44775925
Probably black legion
Or whatever has masses of screaming, charging power armor guys that run at you with reckless abandon.

>>44776362
Take boats, with warriors
Take more of the same
Add venoms with blaster guys
Maybe some ravagers, maybe not

Go full tilt glass cannon and unleash hell, you will win or lose by turn 2-3

>>44775649
Codex + Math + digital recording medium
One you understand how your crap works, then use some program of some sort.
>>
>>44776340
That ends up being the same thing in the end, anon. Not owning models and moaning, that can only be justified if you own the codexes. I own the codexes, and I have to resist moaning. But I see lots of moaning from time to time, there's been a pasta recently about SoB. I'm pretty sure it's done just for responses and people keep giving them.

I said yesterday that GW should just end them as an army and say "we'll bring them back if there is desire", but I suppose that's essentially what they've done.
>>
>>44776428
>two replies mocking my skub didn't go anywhere.
>Being bored is inconsistent with replying to my bullshit, clearly you have shit to do.
>If you thought I was doing the same why did you reply?
ehh? 'problem atarties' jokes are common and irrelevant.
>Why are you replying, clearly triggered. I say as I reply, linking proofs to how you anon shouldn't chide me.
Better, you are getting better at this anon.
>>
>>44776581
I only have a few (not an army), but that's cause GW raised the prices and when I originally started collecting I was told "they'd be updated soon, so I would wait". I've been waiting like 6-7 years.
>>
>>44776072
>No you don't understand, it is the gene-seed that works attaching to the Y chromosome
No son, YOU don't understand biology. If we can manipulate men to grow 7 feet tall and 500 pounds of muscle, we can manipulate women to have a Y chromosome.
>>
>>44776545
>This is art
>This is art
>This is art
>This is art
>This is art
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>44776585
>thank you for changing 7th ed point costs to 5th eds
Yeah nah, fuck off bluddflagg
>>
>>44776658
>we can manipulate women to have a Y chromosome.
Then they aren't women thou...
Might as well use former Olympian males.
>>
>>44776481

notepad
>>
>>44776527
You type well for a blind person, did you have a braille keyboard conveniently at hand , or did you use speech to text?

Also I live in a city where shitty art is the norm, polished steel vagina water fountains built into in the pedestrian walkway area down-town, slip and fall is small price for art apparently.
A rock full of deformed people, the artist was syed by the models because they were not told their likeness would be distorted, artist ended up giving the city half off on the 21 mill price so they wouldn't pull out.
A ballet theatre so unpopular they have to give tickets away to schools in order to qualify for government aid in keeping the place running.
A ugly concrete lump of a fountain literally made from the remains of two other ugly fountains so ugly they were blown up
A 15 million statue that's so ugly it's has to be sunk into an underground vault at night to avoid vandalism.
>>
>>44775649
I use Battlescribe, but READ YOUR CODEX MANY TIMES because Battlescribe entries often have mistakes. It's very, very nice for rapidly prototyping a list, but you should NEVER trust it to correctly produce the final version without double checking everything against the codex entry and then manually writing the list out yourself.

Just remember that all the Battlescribe data is fan-made and is just as error prone as anything else and you'll be fine. It can be super helpful for letting you see elegant point levels for different combinations that might not be immediately apparent just by reading the codex.
>>
>>44776711

where you live anon?
>>
File: Dread Mob Army.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Dread Mob Army.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>44776666
>Being this braindead
Do you even play Orks? or Dread Mob for that matter? Try page 12
>>
File: Art.jpg (63KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
Art.jpg
63KB, 453x604px
>>44776711
This is from our neighbouring town, we are envious of their art because it actually looks like something.
>>
>>44776616
If I wanted to ruin the thread I could have replied to those and went down that trail of tears, that was my point before you drew it out of context with your funny greentext.

Top tip: If you want to save the thread from non-existent butthurt then don't do so by plopping your own down on the table. There will be a little arrow next to my post number here, it opens a drop down where you can hide the post. That's how you should deal with things you don't like in future.
>>
>>44776741
Where are the killa kans on page 102 of the codex? I don't see them.
>>
>>44776732
My friend doesn't understand this, I don't know how many times I have to tell him to check his codex because battlescribe misses some pretty important rules or he just assumes things
>>
>>44776658
>If we can manipulate men to grow 7 feet tall and 500 pounds of muscle, we can manipulate women to have a Y chromosome.
>We already have enough people with the Y chromosone naturally
>yeah but lets wast a fuckton of time and effort to give women one as well so they don't feel left out
>>
>>44776835

>Using in-universe arguments to dodge the question of why not just have either gender of superhuman
>>
What I should change?

Militarum Tempestus: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) (1030pts)

Formation (1030pts)

'Airborne Assault Formation' (1030pts)

Commissar (25pts) [Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Commissar, Flak Armour]
Militarum Tempestus Command Squad (145pts) [Tempestus Scion w/ Medi-pack (15pts), 3x Tempestus Scion w/ Plasma Gun (45pts)]
Tempestor Prime [Close Combat Weapon, Hot-shot Laspistol, Warlord]

Militarum Tempestus Scions (100pts) [2x Tempestus Scion (24pts), 2x Tempestus Scion w/ Plasma Gun (54pts)]
Tempestor [Close Combat Weapon, Hot-shot Laspistol]

Militarum Tempestus Scions (90pts) [2x Tempestus Scion (24pts), 2x Tempestus Scion w/ Hot-shot Volley Gun (44pts)]

Militarum Tempestus Scions (90pts) [2x Tempestus Scion (24pts), 2x Tempestus Scion w/ Hot-shot Volley Gun (44pts)]

4x Valkyrie (145pts) [2x Hellstrike Missiles, 2x Sponson-mounted Heavy Bolters (10pts), Lascannon (10pts)]

Imperial Knights: Codex (2015) (IK Oathsworn Detachment) (465pts)

Lord of War (465pts)

Knight Crusader (465pts) [ Rapid-fire Battle Cannon w/ Heavy Stubber (5pts), Heavy Stubber, Twin Icarus Autocannon (35pts)]
>>
Anyone have any pictures of a painted Ke'lshan army? I like the scheme presented in the codex and the idea of a shipboard cadre of what are basically literal space marines sounds fun. I know they're supposed to be the FW Sept but there seems to be very little art of them.

I'm guessing I'm better off waiting to see what new artwork is going to be in the next IA book since that's supposedly coming in the next few months, but I'd kind of like to get started on my army before then. Mostly I'm not sure what to do with things larger than infantry, since stuff like Crisis suits and MCs tend to have an additional panel highlight color beyond what the infantry schemes present and I wasn't sure what to use with such a subdued scheme. One thought I had was to try an urban camo approach, but I'm not exactly a veteran hobbyist so that's a bit intimidating for me.
>>
>>44776892
>What I should change?
>Militarum Tempestus: Codex

Well...
>>
>>44776757
For a moment I thought the curve of the railing behind was a hookhand like in that teen horror film, and was marvelling that they'd do a statue of a pig-mask wearing serial killer. How disappointing.
>>
File: Ke'lshan.jpg (110KB, 646x556px) Image search: [Google]
Ke'lshan.jpg
110KB, 646x556px
>>44776910
Shit forgot pic from codex
>>
>>44776885
Because of in-universe reasons.

There are plenty of things like book clubs and the tampon isle for you to find solidarity with your fellows, why do you need Space Marines as well?
>>
>>44776892
A squad with meltaguns might not be a bad idea.
>>
How cheesy is the Lynx as far as superheavies go? Could I run one in a larger point game without much issue?
>>
>>44776921
I love them.
>>
>>44776885
Because this isn't Tumblr.
Next.
>>
>>44776949
that scheme actually looks dope as fuck, would paint
>>
>>44776951

Mixed gender forces look cooler. Simple as that really.
>>
File: 1420765246357.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420765246357.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>44776885
Because then what's the point of having an "in universe". why don't we just throw it out the window since it clearly doesn't matter.

Why not have Eldar be Space Marines? only humans is racist and clearly nothing in universe matters. Why don't the Tyranids ally with the Tau and rain greater good down on everyone, because clearly nothing in universe matters. Why not have humans be Faraeers as well because that would be equal and in universe can never override equality.

Once you throw out the "in universe" there's no story. There's no consistency. There's nothing. We shouldn't even be arguing about this because in universe doesn't matter.
>>
>>44776885
You want an out of universe explanation? Nobody fucking cares about your hurt fee fees.
GW isn't going to change a core fundamental of their game, and upset the vast majority of their audience to appease some minority.
>>
>>44776949
I prefer a slightly more orange tint, makes the model less cold.
>>
File: 1426627324787.jpg (119KB, 482x641px) Image search: [Google]
1426627324787.jpg
119KB, 482x641px
Please rate and offer feedback. I've been stubbornly trying to make an allied list with Blood Angels where they are (technically) the primary detachment to use in my local tournament meta.

>Army List: Twilight Saga

>Formation: Baal Strike Force

>HQ
Dante (Warlord) - 220
Sanguinary Priest (Bike) - 80

>ELITE
(10) Death Company (Jump Packs, Thunderhammer, Power Fist, Power Sword x2) - 290

>TROOPS
(5) Tactical Squad (Heavy Flamer, Hand Flamer x 2) - 100
^ Drop Pod - 35
(5) Scouts - 55

>FAST ATTACK
Drop Pod - 35
Drop Pod - 35

>Formation: Librarius Conclave
>Chapter Tactics: Iron Hands

>HQ
Librarian (Bike) - 85
Librarian (Bike) - 85
Librarian (Bike) - 85

>Space Wolves Combined Arms Detachment

>HQ
Wolf Guard Battle Leader (Power Armour, Thunderwolf Mount, The Wulfen Stone) - 218
^ Fenrisian Wolves - 8

Rune Priest (Power Armour, Bike) - 80

>ELITE
Iron Priest (Thunderwolf Mount) - 105
Iron Priest (Thunderwolf Mount) - 105

>TROOPS
Grey Hunters (Flamer) - 110
Grey Hunters (Flamer) - 110

>TOTAL: 1841
>>
>>44774266
The noise marines suffer from all in one basket syndrom. It is usually great to avoid putting sonic blasters who want to be in standing midfield together with a doom siren who needs to move to get in range (Or a blastmaster that wants to stay in the back)
Would use the points to split the havocs into 2 squads. For havocs it is better to have the same weapon. also you could fire at two targets that way and have more bodies. The icon needs to go, too to free up points for more bodies. Cheap bodies.

So as MoS gives you gud initiative which is wasted with the power fist, change to claw and add meltabomb to attack heavier vehicles.

Turn one noisemarine squad to a close combat squad to go with the lord
so either doom siren or power weapon (your choice running out of points here)+ meltabombs on champ or leave one noise marine behind and get both
+6 noise marines with additional CCW fer choppin
Rhino with dirge caster. (Dirge caster is the best thing in the dex 5 pts and no overwatch within 6 inches of the rhino)
Lord goes in here

second squad
delete doom siren, only 6 sonic blasters rhino with dirge caster and havoc launcher. Gets behind the other and is for shooting

havoc split to 2 squads minimal loadout one with 2 ML one with two lascannons.
>>
>>44776968

Yeah, but it's an artificially limited supplemental book. You can form a fully workable Stormtrooper based force with more flexibility, no sweat.
>>
>>44776501

>Australian

That actually explains a lot.
>>
>>44776892
>What I should change?
>Militarum Tempestus: Codex

this
>>
>>44777042
I can't think of any reason in which that would be even remotely true.
>>
>>44776186
>Shouldn't have listened to your bromos teling you that you will all become 'more closely bonded' if you would only stab your face vagina.
>>
>>44777060
>minority.

>50% of the world's population
>>
>>44777042
>Mixed gender forces
>In power armour
So either you actually are from Tumblr or you like boobie armour.
>m-muh helmetless marines
>females with Y chromosome, genetically made for war would look any different from the males
anon plz
>>
Lion El'Jonson = King Arthur
Fulgrim = Dorian Grey
Perturabo = ???
Jaghatai Khan = Genghis Khan
Leman Russ = Beowulf(?)
Rogal Dorn = Sir Galahad
Konrad Curze = Batman, Nostromo, Kurtz
Sanguinius = Archangel Michael, Jesus
Ferrus Manus = ???
Angron = Spartacus(?)
Roboute Guilliman = Caesar(?)
Mortarion = Angel of Death
Magnus the Red = ???
Horus Lupercal = Lucifer, Mordred
Vulkan = ???
Lorgar = The Worst Pope(?)
Corvus Corax = Romantic/Byronic Hero, Dr. Frankenstein
Alpharius Omegon = ???
>>
>>44776128
>>wakemeup.png
>>
>>44776658
The purpose of the Emperor's super eunuchs is they cannot reproduce, they were intended as weapons for a harsh time, not as the new human race, with no reproductive capability he wanted them to see the humanity as their legacy and so fight all the harder for them.
>>
>>44777168

>citation needed
>>
>>44777076
Yeah, personally I would prefer something between an orange and yellow, but I spent about an hour looking through the GW and Vallejo paint ranges and couldn't find something right that wouldn't require mixing (something I want to avoid since I'm not going to be doing the army all at once). If I go full orange like the pic you posted it would technically be Sa'cea as well, since the Sept color is always what the highlights are. Sa'cea is cool, too, though.
>>
>>44777168

Someone post the thing about space marines having canon confirmed horsedicks

Also the Ragnar books more or less confirm they don't have sex drive because of intense psycho-indoctrination and repression of urges, not because of their biological incompatibility.
>>
>>44777159
>Ferrus Manus = ???
His name is Iron Hands. He leads the Iron Hands who replace their hands with iron hands in tribute the the iron hands of their primarch, Iron Hands. Grade-A GW world building.
>>
>>44777146
Read the rest of what I wrote. I'm clearly talking about a minority of their audience you illiterate cunt.
>>
>>44777146
Minority in the context of their market, ie wargamers.
>>
>>44777155

Couple female heads in the tactical box, boom: Done.

Though let's face it: Mixed gender Blood Angels would totally make boobie armour. They already have glistening pec armour. I've even seen a few models with individually sculpted toes on their power armoured boots.

>females with Y chromosome,

According to a silly in universe justification that would instantly cease to be relevant with a fem-marine retcon that'd change precisely nothing beyond hurting a few neckbeard's feelings, sure.
>>
>>44777114
Fuck you.
>>
>>44776268
dumb
>>
>>44777215
>>44777234

Buddy, if a minority of the audience is people who wouldn't fly into a frothing nerd rage at "GURL MODELS IN MUH WARGAYME" that's a problem with the audience.
>>
Has anyone here ever even seen a woman play a wargame?
>>
>>44777283

How so?
>>
>>44776892
Looks sexy, Tempestus is good fun
>>
File: 13609778358339.jpg (447KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
13609778358339.jpg
447KB, 1200x1200px
>tfw just won 3 games with this list, two of which were tabling

Formation: Blitz Brigade

Formation: Bullyboyz

Formation: Badrukk's Flash Gitz

1845 points with 4 Killkannons.

>that mastercrafted 30 shot BS3
>that first turn charge
>that fearless
>those blasts

I've never felt so much power, the Flashgitz surprised me so much. AP 1 took out a whole unit of paladins, 2 terminator units, 1 GK. Beautiful beautiful destruction. Bullyboyz destroyed everything.

Gork n Mork would be proud. Fucking love Blitz Brigade
>>
>>44774997
Is that a 12 man miniblob? or is the heavy weapon extra?
>>
>>44777335

GW Glasgow has two female employees.
>>
Daily reminder that ones gender is determined by the presence or lack of a Y chromosome, and that mayonnaise is not a gender.
No one cares if your SM identifies as a women, s/he'd just kink their ass anyway
>>
>>44777335
My wife plays DE

She isn't fat, or ugly. Cutie pie Russian
>>
>>44777360
>GW
>playing wargames
>>
>>44777114
>it's a codex nobody talks about
>obviously nobody is allowed to play it
>>
>>44777249
>>44777283
So they retcon and say females can be marines and put in a few "female" probably Tau esque heads into the boxs and jack the price by 20 dollars.... now what?

The only thing it does is raise the prices on miniatures, again, and you raging feminists get to drink a beer.... congrats...
>>
File: 1447923963557.png (51KB, 1025x840px) Image search: [Google]
1447923963557.png
51KB, 1025x840px
>>44777375
>>
>>44777249
>boobie armor

Fuck no. That garbage is reserved for World of Warcraft and other MMO RPGs. The only reason there should be boobie armor is because Slaneesh is doing ironically and thin skin tight armor that Assassins and some Eldar wear.

Space Marine armor is supposed to intimidate, not seduce. Manly pecs are intimidating to enemies, gigantic breasts are just laughable.
>>
>>44777335
I taught one
But she didn't like 40K and finds the models too expensive. Can't argue with her on either
>>
>>44777283
People who want female SM, not people who'd care if there were women in the game. No one hates SoB because they are women, and most want an update for them as some of their rules were interesting, as with the fluff.
Cry more Tumblerfag.
>>
>>44777389

I went for a job interview at GW once, and the main thing they were testing for was enthusiasm for the hobby and level of willingness to drink the company kool aid.

I hadn't played in 8 years at the time, and they somehow managed to make that seem like something to be ashamed of.
>>
File: gw don't care apparently.png (331KB, 1384x848px) Image search: [Google]
gw don't care apparently.png
331KB, 1384x848px
>>44777249
>>44777283
Are you this girl?
>>
File: 2483208-2114905390-tumbl.png (220KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
2483208-2114905390-tumbl.png
220KB, 500x492px
>>44777349
>400 dollars on battlewagons
>350 on mans
>>
>>44777349
Flash Gitz are underrated imo, but how do you roll master-crafted on all those Flash Gitz without killing yourself?
>>
>>44777360
The tumblr looking one tabled my m8s tyranids with assault focused necrons a couple of years back. They all had pink detailing and daft names on the bases.
>>
>>44777431
I would be intimidated by a Space Marine with basketball-sized metal, lifeless melons marching towards me.
>>
>>44777414
>The only thing it does is raise the prices on miniatures, again, and you raging feminists get to drink a beer.... congrats...

And tg would be unusable for a month
>>
>>44777431
Think he was referring to the SoB kind, not the metal bikini kind.
>>
>>44777466
3 dice in each hand.
>>
>>44777249
>What a waste, she thought
>Though there was no disguising his humanity, especially in this bared form. Apart from the sheer mass of him, there was the overgrown gigantism of the face, that particular characteristic of the Astartes, almost equine, plus the hard, taunt shell f his ribless torso, like stretched canvas

If you really think that a female SM head would look any different from a male head you are simply retarded.
I could concede that the SW head range couldn't be used, except for the He-man head and this is rather ironic
>>
>>44777431
>. Manly pecs are intimidating to enemies

Ah yes, Cultists, Orks, Tau, robot egyptians and giant bugs are fucking terrified of your batman forever armour.
>>
>>44777335
My fiancee plays. Plus there's anywhere between 2-5 other chicks on any given night.
>>
>>44777497
That sounds worse than piling in a Green Tide for 6 combat phases... my back still hasn't forgiven me
>>
>>44777523

what races do they play?
>>
>>44777523
>"playing"
>only to spend time with significant other
She's just lonely lad.
>>
>>44777504
You do realize the Space Marines face more than just those enemies? The playable races are just the enemies that don't automatically fold like a wet napkin to Space Marines.
>>
>>44777474
The effect of testosterone wouldn't be so nice of the breasts. They would be so flat that you would be practically playing with a cuntboy
>>
>>44777588
Ain't nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>44777187
I know, they killed their warm Golden Yellow, now they go directly from blazing orange to straight yellow.
>>
>>44777588
>you would be practically playing with a cuntboy.
Something, something magical realm.
>>
>>44777185
If I ever dig out my old Marine codexes or Brb I might look it up for you.

Lexicanum and 40k wiki is is famously useless for the purpose.
>>
>>44777568
Fiancee plays Elysians and Armoured battlegroup
Other girls play between them DA/BA/SW/Salamanders/Orks/tau

>>44777570
>>only to spend time with significant other
>Implying she didn't play before we met
>Implying that wasn't what sealed the deal
>>
>>44777457
>"Girl"
>>
>>44777283
>Buddy, if a minority of the audience is people who wouldn't fly into a frothing nerd rage at "GURL MODELS IN MUH WARGAYME" that's a problem with the audience.

The same players commonly play games like Infinity and Malifaux, which have plenty of female models in them. 40K has it's share of female minis too, and never once have I seen the sentiment expressed that they should not be part of the game.

People don't want female Space Marines because it contradicts all the existing fluff. It's nothing to do with people going into frothing rages. The same players are completely fine with Sister of Battle, who regardless of their background, are essentially female Space Marines in form if not in fluff.

A majority of the audience want good quality miniatures that fit the background. Which is why there wouldn't be any outcry if tomorrow GW brought out some alternate female sculpts for Imperial Guardsmen.
>>
>>44777588
>BUSTY
>UNDERSLUNG CANNONS
>>
>>44777349
But wheres your warboss?
>>
>>44777460
>GW prices
>Not second hand for 1/4 price
>>
>>44777684
>plays Elysians and ABG
>fiance

Good job anon, she's definitely a keeper
>>
>>44777684
I-is the Ork girl pretty anon.....
>>
>>44777349

>Someone ran the list I suggested

I need to buy more Flash Gitz. And get onto Kromlech for more MANZ.
>>
>>44777684

>Fiancee plays Elysians and Armoured battlegroup

she's a keeper
>>
>>44777742
Kaptain badrukk takes that spot, no need for puny Warboss.

>>44777758
It was so fucking good mate. I have never shot and killed so much stuff in my life.
>>
>>44777738
Neither of those things
>>
>>44777773
>Kaptain badrukk takes that spot, no need for puny Warboss.
Of course the 'ardest ork in the codex gets the warlord title. 3+ save and a invulin! A ENTIRE INVULIN SAVE!?
>>
File: 1424991029937.png (247KB, 570x668px) Image search: [Google]
1424991029937.png
247KB, 570x668px
>>44777746
>second hand MaNz
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 620x187px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 620x187px
>All this bitching about tumblr

>Mfw I spent two years liveblogging a webcomic in character as a mlp oc
>>
>>44777773
>Kaptain badrukk takes that spot, no need for puny Warboss.
A sad world, but that's what happens when a glorified nob has the only melee inv save in the army and the a armour that's not more hindrance than benefit.
>>
>>44777814

I just wish he'd kept the Warboss statline he used to have. Now he's halfway between a Nob and a Warboss, which is a bit odd.
>>
File: 1302020959079.gif (11KB, 154x233px) Image search: [Google]
1302020959079.gif
11KB, 154x233px
>>44777836
>>
>>44777831
Yup, plasticarded AOBR nobs, black orks and Bullgryns.
>>
>>44777814
Re-rollable Invuln too! Not to mention Some BS3 Assault 3 Ap 2 weapons to boot.

Wew lad.
>>
File: DhMnHmN.gif (2MB, 435x243px) Image search: [Google]
DhMnHmN.gif
2MB, 435x243px
>>44777738
I T S T I M E
T
S

T
I
M
E
>>
>>44775662
>Farseers are only female in DoW, right?

What is seer council
What is howling banshees
What is fire dragons

2/10 made me reply
>>
>>44777748
>>44777764
Speaking of keeper; she paints most of my stuff for me since i can't

>>44777754
She's relatively cute.
>>
>>44777773
How important are the mega nobs? I seem to have trouble keeping them alive and getting swings in on the things that -need to die-
>>
>>44777905
1/10 for reading comprehension.
>>
>>44777764
Are you me?
>>
>>44777941
WS 5 and fear helps.

Rule are as follows.
Don't tangle with MC's that have more attacks than you have wounds/or S8 attacks at all, drown those in boys and/or bullets
>>
>>44777836
I envy my grandfather. He will die soon never having to know the horrors of the human race.
>>
>>44777941
I feel they are the main killing force, it really sucks that they have no invuln but honestly that wasn't stopping me from taking down absolutely everything I needed at WS5 and fearless / fear.

As I said, because of Blitzbrigade you get the turn 1 charge off, and it is just crazy with that amount of attacks.
>>
File: Rough_Rider.jpg (85KB, 864x830px) Image search: [Google]
Rough_Rider.jpg
85KB, 864x830px
So Which of you Guardsmen players are faggots?
>muh Vets in Chimeras
>muh more Vehicles than men
>muh haven't put a man on the ground in 3 editions
Why aren't you idiots playing with the only acceptable Imperial Guard Army available? Can you actually justify not playing an all
R O U G H R I D E R List?
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 328x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 328x189px
>>44777836
>>
>>44778055
I run a 50/50 split of blob and mech. Prolly not the most optimized but its fun
>>
>>44778055
Stop trying to force a meme.
>>
>>44778154
Take a good look men prime example of
>muh Vets in Chimeras
>>
>>44778055
I will when hunting lances are uses as hammer of wrath attacks as they always should have been.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 292x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 292x450px
>>44778188

I bet he isn't even

>Busty

Point at him and laugh!
>>
>>44778188
Naw, Warhawks aircav.
>>
>>44778190
>s3 ap- in CC after a single ap3 attack
This fucking guy.
>>
>>44778008
>because of Blitzbrigade you get the turn 1 charge off
But your scouting?
>>
>>44778228
You forgot the +2 strength.
>10 s5 ap3 HoW attacks on the charge vs 10 marines
vs
>10 s5 ap3 attacks after they kill half your squad.
>>
>>44778356
And some of them don't even hit.
>>
>>44776658
but why would you when you already have men to use?
you are also assuming that the same procedure used on male would sort the same effects on females, YOU don't understand biology, if you would you wouldn't be asking for xxy beings to be used to represent females, go educate yourself on klinefelter syndrome.
>>
File: turns.jpg (60KB, 997x190px) Image search: [Google]
turns.jpg
60KB, 997x190px
>>44778298

I need to do up some kind of infographic for this.

The unit doing the Scout move is the Battlewagon, not the unit inside. So nothing would invalidate the unit inside from charging on the first turn.

Now, the Blitz Brigade does have a special rule that says that transported units cannot charge on the first turn. However, the rulebook states that whenever a rule makes reference to a "turn" it always means a player turn, unless it specifically refers to a game turn.

So the Blitz Brigade can't charge on game turn 1 if you go first, but if you go second, they can charge on your first turn. This is the balancing feature, since the enemy always gets at least one round of shooting off against you, and at close range to boot. Heck, they can even assault the Wagons if they feel like it.
>>
>>44778298
Blitz Brigade formation specifies first player turn, not first game turn. So you go second.

The unit that scout moved was the Battle Wagon, not the unit inside, so the Battle Wagon is the unit that cannot charge first turn.

All perfectly RAW.
>>
Is there a mass Rough Rider formation? There is, isn't there? Isn't it Apoc or something?

It's a cool idea, but I always cringe at the stats of Power Lances et al. I think Power Lances should be AP2 on charge and AP4 after.
>>
>>44778385
Does this work with infiltrate?
>>
>>44778298
We just need to add a damn sticky to the OP

The Battlewagons are scouting, not the troops in them
>>
>>44778356
You get an initiative buff with the lances. You're talking 30 s5 ap3 attacks before marines even know what hit them (it was guardsmen on horses with pointy sticks).
>>
>>44778405

I still remember that mass death riders formation Forge World released for Apoc that did nothing save forcing them to come from reserves near each other. You paid for this of course.
>>
>>44778405
DKoK has a detachment that centered around the cavalry.
>>
File: 342213123.jpg (125KB, 759x960px) Image search: [Google]
342213123.jpg
125KB, 759x960px
>>44778413
No infiltrate specifies "their" first turn.

Blitz wagon just states the first turn.
>>
>>44778405
It's out of date at this point though.
>>
>>44778422

>30

One use only, bub.

Also read >>44778378
>>
File: 1449513951876.png (901KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1449513951876.png
901KB, 690x460px
>>44778461

>those models
>>
>>44778467
I don't think one use only means what you think it does, and hitting on 4s means statistically you still get 15 vs 10 HoW. You're nerfing one of the shittest units in the game here.
>>
>>44776317
REPENT MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>44774142
>MoS
>Power Fist

You are doing it wrong. LC all day, man. Punching big MC's to death is what other units are for.
>>
>>44778559
>>44773916
>>
So we're all agreed that Divination is the best psychic table to roll on, correct?
>>
>>44778610
Biomancy

Telepathy

Divination.
>>
>>44778610
Pyromancy
>>
>>44778610
Depends on your definition of best
>>
>>44778623

I love my Biomancer prince.

I have to pay LoW prices for him, but he is a S10 T8 FMC with a stupidly high number of attacks.
>>
>>44778499
One use only means you're only allowed to use it once.
You're not allowed to attack more than once with them and you wouldn't even get 3 attacks each because they're specialist weapons and don't benefit from 2CCW with a laspistol.
>>
File: Weirdboy.jpg (31KB, 303x473px) Image search: [Google]
Weirdboy.jpg
31KB, 303x473px
>>44778610
I wouldn't know
>Orks cant use Pyromancy
>Orks cant use Biomancy
>Orks can use Daemonology
>>
File: crying-laughter-lmao.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
crying-laughter-lmao.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>44778659
Oh you
>>
>>44778672
They have Hunting Lance, Close Combat Weapon, and Laspistol, ggwp 3 attacks a piece
>Busty
>>
>>44778687
>mfw my friends let me roll on Biomancy as Tyranids
>>
>>44776711
Please tell me this is in Europe so I can continue to throw fire on my irrational hatred of them
>>
>>44778728
Seriously how does it work out for you? What sort of lists are you running?
>>
>>44778667
>killed by single sD shot
>>
>>44778728
Dont you ever fucking betray them anon, they're good people
>>
>>44778721
They don't have three arms. You cannot use the lance, CCW and Laspistol at the same time and even if you could you are only allowed one attack with the lance.
You have one attack with your lance or three attacks with your CCW, which would you like?
>>
>>44778687
I actually quite like all the Ork powers.
>>
>>44778728
>4 sword arms
>Can swing a maximum of two each combat phase
>No better than any other bipedal creature in the game
Always thought that rule was retarded for Tyranids.
Why have 4 sword arms then? Re-roll misses? What? :o
Don't play 'nids often, haven't read your dex, what's the deal 'nidbro?
>>
>>44778461
Not too bad. But it could be better.
>>
>>44778823
Yeah I am a big fan of them as well. My Weirdboy has a special place in my army, the fucker has force killed several HT's and Tervigons.

Shining moment was somehow surviving taking on a Tervigon and HT at the same time, having them miss all their attacks, and then with split attacks I ID both.

I've never seen my opponents face drop so hard. But good primaris, I love his beam, love his template, +1 attack is just good, and deep strike is fun.
>>
>>44777042
There is literally nothing that would indicate their gender if they were in Astartes power armor, because Astartes armor is seen as exceptionally holy and major alterations bar adding on already approved modifications/relics is seen as detrimental to the machine spirit at best and absolutely heretical at worst.

It's also literally impossible to create female Astartes, because it requires a Y chromosome and hijacks the male puberty system. In order to make a female human into an Astartes, they'd first have to turn her into a male in order to be compatible. It's a completely unnecessary (and outright dangerous, given the nature of fucking with gene-seed and the Astartes creation process) step that simply can't be justified when warm bodies are the Imperiums largest resource.

For similar reasons, a Sister of Battle cannot be male, otherwise it would violate the treaty that prevents the Ecclessiarchy from bearing "men under arms." While you could theoretically turn a male into a SoB, you'd have to turn him into a female first. Again, completely unnecessary and unjustifiable step.
>>
>>44778055
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIDvyGifRE0

I try to fit in as many Rough Riders as I can.
>>
>>44778777
>being this fucking dense
Turn you charge you use Hunting lance
>1 Att base, +1 specialist weapon with CCW, +1 Charge
Any other charge turns without lance
>1 Att base, +1 for CCW & Laspistol, +1 Charge
Any not charging turn
>1 Att base, +1 for CCW & Laspistol
>>
>>44778694
>>44778659
Funny how the BA table is essentially Biomancy + Pyromancy and as such is better than Pyromancy.

>>44778833
They're considered "pairs". So each one is only 1 in essence. They have +1A as usual. Swarmlord needs EW.
>>
>>44778754
>>44778770
Haven't tested it out quite yet. First game is Saturday.

Oh the best part is we agreed that psykers get to pick their powers, because we don't subscribe to randomness = fun.

The Swarmlord is going to have Warp Speed, Iron Arm and Endurance everytime if I choose to roll on biomancy

WS9 BS3 S9 T9 W5 I9 A9(OTC) Ld. 10.

3+/4++/4FNP Eternal Warrior.
>>
>>44778886
>friends let you do something cool
>you go full waac with it
funsies
>>
>>44778747
>throw fire on my irrational hatred
you mean
"stoke the fire of my irrational hatred"
>>
>>44778833
Used to get re-rolls, then Cruddance

>>44778823
>>44778854
Not saying they're bad, but from a fluff standpoint why the hell wouldn't my Ork Weirdboy be breathing fire or making himself artificially huge

>>44778879
This man is an exemplar of Guardsman fortitude, look to him
>>
>>44778879
>yfw Scots Greys all died cause they couldn't here the bugle.

;_;
>>
>>44778917
They really don't mind seeing an amazing melee monster for some reason. They got really excited about it when I told them.

I'd still need to get 4 warp charges and I'll need to roll 11 dice to reliably get it off. And then I will most likely suffer a few perils.

I'll be able to cast all that and come out unharmed once in a blue moon.
>>
>>44778917
>full WAAC
>still being stomped by casual TauDarCrons lists
>>
>>44778886
>>44778917
Well at least he's slow, and the only thing he's gunna be doing is buffing himself i'd assume
>>
>>44778988
Probably because it makes the Swarmlord what it should be. Not to mention there's something a hell of a lot more romantic about a melee god than a shooting one
>>
>>44776711
>A 15 million statue that's so ugly it's has to be sunk into an underground vault at night to avoid vandalism.

I can't find anything about this. Is it the Egyptian Neferiti one?
>>
>>44779070
>>44778917
Yeah let's remind ourselves the Swarmlord is 285 fucking points points.

>>44779009
Endurance is a unit buff. Which would just give them EW and Endurance.
>>
>>44778882
>Turn you charge you use Hunting lance
>1 Att base, +1 specialist weapon with CCW, +1 Charge

No, you don't get it.
Hunting lance
S+2 AP3 Melee, Specialist weapon, One use only
>Specialist weapon
>A model fighting with this weapon does not receive +1 attack for fighting with two weapons unless it's armed with two or more melee weapons with the specialist weapon rule.

>One use only
>A weapon or Ability with this special rule can only be used once during the course of a battle.
>once
"But what if I have multiple atta-"
>ONCE

ONCE
adverb
on one occasion or for one time only.
>>
>>44778886

And that's exactly why Tyranids lost access to Biomancy. +3 Toughness on a T6 MC is fundamentally different to +3 Toughness on a T4 infantry model.
>>
>>44779128
>on one occasion
Multiple attacks for one round then, cool.
>>
>>44779128

On one occasion, yes. So that includes the bonus attack. Are you fucking blind?
>>
>>44779173
>>44779165
>ONCE
You get to cheat your way out of this WAAC fags.
>>
>>44779151
And a T8 Centurion is not as bad? Or a T10 GUO? Or a T8 Daemons Prince? Or an invisible Wraith Knight?
>>
>>44779128
ahhh I was under the impression Specialist = you only get another attack if you're wielding the same type of weapon aka 2ccws, 2PFs, etc

>One use only
You would really argue thats 1 attack each, man what do you even play that could make you hate a Rough Rider getting 1 extra attack...
>>
File: womanoncart.jpg (1MB, 1686x2580px) Image search: [Google]
womanoncart.jpg
1MB, 1686x2580px
>>44779092
So ugly she has an elevator to herself, and shes hidden behind the wall of a public urinal.
>>
>Eternal Crusade MMO is coming to Steam EA

Oh goodie, I get to see people complaining a game hardly done is "shit". Oh well. I enjoy it.
>>
Where is the best place to watch batreps and get good list building advice, tactic articles, etc? I had a friend recommend Front Line Gaming but I'm not sure. Someone also mentioned The Long War.
>>
>>44779207
Yeah you already posted the definition that proves you get all the attacks the model gets with the weapon one time. Thanks for playing though!
>>
>>44779230
So, Denmark? The guy is going to hate us more! Oh NO!
>>
>>44779247
Tabletoptactics is EXACTLY what you want, the main guy reviews lists, tactics and provides insight in some things that could have been changed for better performance. They're either sent in by viewers or shown in batreps posted on the channel (and the ones behind a paywall as well).
>>
>>44779230
Actually dont think its too ugly but fuck 15 million??

>>44779238
>3-4 year development
>2 factions, both Power Armour
>only F2P will be Ork Boyz (this will balance out since Orks are a horde army)
>laughinggrots.jpg
>>
>>44779128

Specialist weapons are in effect for the whole phase. The weapon cannot be used in subsequent phases.

>>44779223

Centurions can't be psykers. And invisibility is just flat out broken on everything.
>>
What daemon list would make me look like an asshole
>>
>>44779268
Each attack is a separate event or occasion with a separate roll to hit and roll to wound.
You may as well say the would battle is just one big occasion otherwise and just keep using it, hey, that's an argument you could try for your next game! :^)
>>
>>44779321
>BOSS WE'IZ GETTING SHOT UP!
>DAT HUMIE LEADA'S A CYBORG OR SUMFIN
>ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ ORKZ

I can't wait to read Greenskin global chat
>>
>>44779311
Do they spend less time actually gaming than ranting and being "quirky nerds"?
And do they bring purposefully awful lists to the table on a regular basis?

Cause my youtube batrep patience is all but gone.
>>
>>44779353
Oh right it's not a unit buff.

However the DP thing still stands. Why do DPs get to be T8.
>>
>>44779321
I've actually played it. It's like a more numerous Space Marine MP.

i think the MP was good in SM, so I like it. If they can get vehicles in and basically make it a 3rd person Battlefield, I'm happy.
>>
>>44779356
Nurgle flying MC psyker summon spam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPCpR8CQ5i4
>>
>>44779402
Nope TTT is as bland as it gets.
>>
>>44779321
>EC
>Ork horde

They found out large scale battles are expensive so they put a cap on it.

32 v 32 two faction maps was when i stopped following.
>>
>>44779402
It's pretty much just one guy and his mates alongside some other guys in a house, but production values are fairly high for what it is and there's no fannying about, good knowledge of the rules and only really laughter or banter if something extraordinary happens.
>>
>>44779370
That's nice but not how 40k works, all weapons with the same profile are rolled together as one single event.
>>
>>44779402
They bring very competitive lists in all their batreps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_KbSd9fby8UeLU7M6eXeRQ

>>44779390
Jesus.

>>44779447
Like the idea but right from the outset they're trying to make it like the 40k fluff which is not going to work at all, anyone who even bothers downloading will obviously pay to get better shit/ be a straight upgrade
>>
>>44779466
So basically 32 Marines vs 32 Ork F2Ps

Plus they've already said that Ork Boyz are straight worse than marines

>thisishowtokillyourgame.jpg
>>
>>44779515
>>44779481
Sounds good
>>
Goodbye 40k General, may you respawn in the warp like the Emperor.
>>
>>44779515
I've never paid for it. I played my mates account. Either way, it's improved A LOT, and I mean A LOT, since you could first play it. I'm not too worried since I'm not invested.

But I probably will support it at some point.
Thread posts: 577
Thread images: 96

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.