[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I want to get into 40k. There's a small group near me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 40k.jpg (11KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
40k.jpg
11KB, 251x201px
So I want to get into 40k. There's a small group near me that meets up weekly and plays. The problem is I know the lore but literally nothing about the game. Where do I start? I'm also looking to do this as cheap as possible.
>>
You don't
>>
Speaking as someone with probobly over 25000 points

Don't
>>
>>44755609
>as cheap as possible

Find a small army on EBay from someone who just got married. Only way you're getting into this with any kind of financial dignity.
>>
>>44755609
Crimson slaughter is a great way if you have a buddy. Ebay also works well, although personally I like building my models myself. If you are a rational human you will build your army slowly, say one box of models per paycheck. It's not an expensive hobby of you do it that way. I make dishwasher money (read:poor) and have two decent armies because I buy my models over time. But, huold, paint, and repeat and your wallet won't feel too much burn.
>>
>>44755609
Go and meet the people before you spend anything.

Also it is not cheap. Ever.
>>
Play a different game if you want something reasonably priced. If you are really set on it, then go over there, play a couple of games with their armies, see if you still like it, and then start hunting for deals on ebay or buy Chinese knock offs.
>>
>>44755609
Rob someone in town for a tournament
>>
File: SPESSMUHREENS.png (636KB, 640x473px) Image search: [Google]
SPESSMUHREENS.png
636KB, 640x473px
>>44755609
You could google pdf's of old (or new) Codices for various factions. Try to imagine in your head how everything is supposed to work.

Fuck you captcha, there are no streets called 'STOP'
>>
>>44756429
They will also let you proxy an army for quite awhile before it becomes a big deal with them
>>
Let men spunk in your anus for cash because that's the only way to afford it these days. Also play with the group of they are like my local shop they are fucking tards
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1875x1964px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1875x1964px
>>44755609
The Horus Heresy isn't a bad place to start. If that's not to your taste then try browsing around the Lexicanum.
>>
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40-000?N=102352+4294965381&Nu=product.repositoryId&qty=12&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat440130a-flat&_requestid=27954126

Buy one of these. They come with special formation rules and are a good way to start an army, especially the Necron one.
>>
>>44756512
>Vengeful Spirit
>Good tier
You're a special kind of special.
>>
>>44756512
I saw Flight of the Eisenstein in a used bookstore for a buck the other day.

Probably go back and see how Good-tier it is. Anybody else read it?
>>
>>44757335
I rather enjoyed it. It's not mindblowingly good or anything, but it is a solid story about a bunch of dudes on the run.
>>
Ebay is your friend for cheap minis. Do take a careful look at the pictures though, some of the paintjobs are seriously dubious. Particularly beware of anything "pro painted".
The 40k general should have PDF downloads of rules/codices. If you're not sure what you want to play browse Lexicanum or 1d4chan until you find something you like. Alternately, just go with Eldar because they're OP right now.
>>
>>44756215
BWAHAHA, truth
>>
The dark vengeance kit would let you make a decent khorne army if you make the dark Angels into chaos. And it comes with a rule book. Or play it as space Marines
>>
>>44755609
>I'm also looking to do this as cheap as possible.
Bad move m8. The game is fucking expensive and very poor mechanically. Stick with the lore, play the vidya, maybe find an RPG group if you really need to interact with other people face-to-face, but don't put yourself through the pain of attempting to play this shitshow of a game.
>>
>>44756512
Prospero Burns was the best one you shit lord
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.