[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy 30k General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 30

File: 1452477134523.jpg (210KB, 812x542px) Image search: [Google]
1452477134523.jpg
210KB, 812x542px
>HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>HHG RULES
>- https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
>- http://www.mediafire.com/download/deadtdf0y47k59k/The+Horus+Heresy+Legiones+Astartes+Isstvan+Campaign.pdf
>- https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/

>Xenos in 30K Homebrew - https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Xenos_in_30k

>HH Black Library
>- https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
>>
Cool, you added the new scanned pdf. Thanks.
>>
Second for Corax
>>
File: image.jpg (320KB, 605x852px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
320KB, 605x852px
A question for any Iron Warriors players here:

Why did you pick them? Is it their aesthetic? Their stats & RoW? Dantioch? Kyr Vhalen? Perturabo? What made you choose them?

I'm a Sons of Horus player
>>
>>44742354
I wanted to play a shooty army. They are the shootiest.

Also Kyr Vhalen.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 485x581px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 485x581px
>>44741436
>>44741732
Corax is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>44742354
Mostly the idea that they were used. Doing ask the dirty jobs and getting none of the credit. Feels like my professional life ever. Get something done well, move on to next one and do it better. Fail at something, get yelled at and then do it better next time. Fortunately I got a wonderful gf and even more wonderful daughter at home.
>>
File: Iron Within Iron Without.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Within Iron Without.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>44742354
Not gonna lie, and I'm going to let you in on a bit of a secret here, so don't betray our confidence.

It's the hazard stripes. There's only one reason anyone ever starts an Iron Warriors army, and much as we may try to deflect and obfuscate that reason it all comes down to that one thing: hazard stripes. We came here, one and all, for the hazard stripes.
>>
>>44741436
I dont like that we're including the 'xenos in 30k homebrew' in the OP. Kind of goes against the spirit of HH, and encourages possible undesirables to think this is a thing.
>>
>>44743246
Elitist faggots are even more undesirable.
>>
File: image.jpg (987KB, 1013x1131px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
987KB, 1013x1131px
>>44743278
>Elitist faggots
>>
>>44743278
I dont think thats being an elitist faggot. HH is a very thematic game, and shoehorning Tau, etc. in there makes it not HH anymore. We can take our HH armies into 40k games, but it doesnt work as well the other way around.
>>
>>44743358
>Tau

Why don't you actually read the 1d4chan article first?
>>
>>44743358
Gorgarioth isn't actually going to be including Tau in the "Xenos in 40k" homebrew. We've pretty much agreed on that it will mostly just be a limited number of the Auxiliary races such as Tarellians and Ranghon. The other project will be to include Megarachnids in 30k, using tyranids as a proxy.

The Tarellians are essentially just a reskin of Lizardmen in 40k, while Ranghon are also similarly the Dryads in 40k. Both were present and at the height of their.. Admittedly small empires during the Horus heresy.
>>
>>44743404
Because I have no interest in it. I guess it's Orks and Eldar then.
>>
>>44743470
And Necrons.

These guys were active during the Great Crusade and HH.
>>
>>44743445
I see. Thats not as bad as I had assumed.
>>
>>44743470
Ok, you just comment blindly without forming an opinion based off facts, got it.
>>
>>44743504
Calm down bro, I conceded that it wasnt as bad as I thought. Last time I was part of a discussion on xenos in 30k it was about Tau and Eldar getting onto the table. I incorrectly assumed thats what it was. Dont get so angry over nothing.
>>
>>44743558
Whose angry? Merely making an observation.
>>
Anyone here prefer taking a super heavy tank over their primarch? Before I took Perturabo with my army I took a Glaive and it was really underwhelming. Especially considering how much the Glaive is points wise.
>>
>>44743246
>>44743358
I agree

It is the "Horus Heresy" and not the Great Crusade after all.

Make a Great Crusade homebrew and a whole thread dedicated to it. There anyone can discuss the xeno hombrew in the op and we won't have xenos cluttering up the Horus Heresy thread like this:

>>44743404
>>44743470
>>44743490
>>44743504
>>44743558

Call it Great Crusade General or /gcg/. Boom everyone can be happy.
>>
>>44743664
No, Xenos were active in HH.

They were attacking the Imperium while it was busy fighting itself.

The Eldar were fighting against the Chaos side and doing things behind the scenes in the HH.
>>
>>44743692
>behind the scenes in the HH.
So my point that this thread is about the Horus Heresy and the imperium fighting itself still stands.

Glad you agree.

We all know xenos existed at the time. But the point of /hhg/ is to focus on the Horus Heresy, I.E. exactly what FW has provided us.

Just take the /gcg/ and roll with it if you really want to explore xenos of the past. because it's obviously not going to get far here. Or Age of Darkness General /adg/ and it can be Great Crusade Era through the HH and Scouring.
>>
>>44743664
No one is discussing Xenos, we're discussing why it's ok to have the home brew. If it wasn't brought up in the first place no one would really talk about it.
>>
Wow this thread got shitty faster than usual.
>>
>>44743755
I said fighting the Chaos side AND doing things behind the scenes.

The Eldar warhosts fought against Fulgrim and Ferrus in the HH. Eldar sniper teams targeted Word Bearers while they were fighting Ultramarines.

Sorry, dude, Xenos had a presence in the HH. If an anon wants to play the battle where the Eldar entrap Ferrus and tried to prevent him from going to Istvaan or have Eldar rangers helping out his Ultramarines, then he should be free to do so.
>>
Both Eldrad and Trazyn feature in actual BL HH fluff. I think the "xenos are not in HH" horse has bolted.

Not that this means they absolutely must appear on the tabletop, but the existence of daemons in specific (admittedly important) battles doesn't mean that the whole Chaos Daemons codex has to be usable in all games, yet Forge World have made it so even they could have just made specific lists/exceptions for each relevant campaign and/or produced a limited or variant list.

I guess it's like including Cultist or Knight lists, which Forge World have officially done. What is or isn't 30k is a bit of an individual opinion. It hasn't been pure marines vs. marines ever, and even if you exclude the Mechanicum it hasn't been since book 4.

I think it's more of a "if you don't like it, just don't use it" idea. I mean, a lot of effort has clearly gone into making them fit the 30k theme, with bigger base infantry units, restrictions on units, encouragement of thematic army choices, and injection of old RT/2E/3E fluff and style.
>>
>>44743831
>>44743889
>had a presence in the HH
>I think the "xenos are not in HH" horse has bolted.

That's never going to be covered in rules officially. This thread is about the AoD expansion.

>free to do so
Oh he is. That's not the point.

The point is the homebrewing should have its own thread instead of cluttering up one that's tangentially related.

Theres already enough people spouting off rules and fluff incorrectly relating to the official content.
>>
>>44743831
>If an anon wants to play the battle where the Eldar entrap Ferrus and tried to prevent him from going to Istvaan or have Eldar rangers helping out his Ultramarines, then he should be free to do so

Sure, but thats not HH. This is the HH general. Shit like this is why a lot of the regular contributers left the /tg/ HH thread when BaC brought a bunch of retards in. Now the thread resembles the 40k general in all the worst ways. I think I'm about done here myself. Theres only so much 'best Primarch waifu', 'autism', 'edgy', and 'faggot' I can tolerate. I initially thought those guys were overreacting when they decided to migrate to the other board, boy was I wrong.
>>
>>44743923
>This thread is about the AoD expansion

It's called Horus Heresy General. HH is way more than just the rules set put out by FW.
>>
>>44744036
Looks like you missed your train then.
>>
>>44743889
>I think the "xenos are not in HH" horse has bolted

Oh really. Which FW book contains xenos? Because I have 1-4 and both red books in front of me, and I cant find anything about fielding xenos you fucking 40k retard.
>>
>>44744072
Hey angry bro, read >>44744044.
>>
>>44744063
I'll take an uber. This general is permanently fucked.
>>
>>44744096
Lol ok, snowflake. Buh-bye.
>>
File: Page37.jpg (2MB, 2572x3556px) Image search: [Google]
Page37.jpg
2MB, 2572x3556px
>>44743889
>Both Eldrad and Trazyn feature in actual BL HH fluff

Trazyn's never appeared in a single HH Book. However there has been mentions of Orks active during the Heresy itself, here for example where it is hinted the Warmaster Himself may have thrown them at the defenders to tie them up.
>>
>>44744044
>Horus Heresy General
>traditional games
>Horus Heresy
>the colloquial term for the AoD expansion
>>
So if you all are done having your Xenos discussion, anyone do this >>44743641 ?
>>
>>44744173
You must be new to /hhg/, welcome.
>>
>>44744164
Trazyn existing during the horus heresy is more or less stemming from claims he made 10,000 years later.. Supported by his Museum at Solemnance containing exhibits from the Horus Heresy, up to and including the Primarch Vulkan.
>>
>>44743923
>That's never going to be covered in rules officially.
Objection; speculation.

Forge World have said it's not their intention to do take away from HH being about Legions vs. Legions. But since that time, they'd added Daemons, Knights, IG (Solar Auxilia), Lost and the Damned (Imperialis Militia & Cults), and more.

Who knows what they'll decide to actually do? Especially if GW decide they want to sell some more Eldar kits.

If it's only the "officialness" of Forge World rubber-stamping the Daemons codex (which GW have since added units to) versus the Orks codex, well, I'm not too impressed with that logic. Explain why unmodified 40k Daemons get a free pass - especially at this "point" of the Heresy - when Forge World could have easily made a specific 30k daemon list or limited them to certain scenarios; but that other xenos don't?
>>
>>44743641
>>44744176
The Glaive isn't quite the steal other tonks are. As for taking a SH over a Primarch I think you can make a more optimized list with a tank instead. Most primarchs* require a retinue AND transport to function. That's a huge chunk of points. Where as a a single tank is self-contained and once you buy it you can then go to spend more points filling in gaps with other units.

*The most notable exception being Corax who can go solo. Then Curze that can roll with bikes/jump infantry. Khan and Sangi will probably be similar.
>>
>>44744044
>It's called Horus Heresy General. HH is way more than just the rules set put out by FW.

Well, this thread used to be about the HH expansion to 40k published by FW. There were often discussions related to the history and events as described in the FW books.

Now we have 'xenos homebrews in 30k' included in the OP. And 275 posts/thread containing the word(s) autistic, best Primarch, and faggot. This is why the HH general has been abandoned by so many, and taken over by 40k idiots.
>>
>>44744072
Anything with Word Bearers (Book 2 on) had Daemons allowed. Book 5 (which you don't have apparently) has specific missions where Daemons are specifically mentioned as forces.

Daemons are Xenos, when you're dividing everything into Imperium Vs Xenos.
>>
>>44742354
badass siege engineers who bring the big guns to bear, with a pretty cool primarch and some random, snarky fuck who told a word bearer to have faith
>>
>>44744245
How about getting butt mad about it you post something about the FW rules then?

Be the change you want.
>>
>>44744264
>random, snarky fuck who told a word bearer to have faith

Who was that?
>>
>>44744224
HH/AoD is about all forces mustered that fought in the Horus Heresy for the loyalists or traitors. Present any evidence to the contrary.

Daemons got a pass because it's chaos' fault the HH happened and were directly part of the war. Also aren't xenos.

Also >>44744245
>>
>>44744261

One is included in the rules, one is not.
And Daemons are not xenos anon. Nice try.
>>
>>44744036
>BaC brought a bunch of retards in. Now the thread resembles the 40k general in all the worst ways. I think I'm about done here myself.
It's the job of the veterans to train the recruits, putting up with their shit until it is yelled out of them or they leave. Otherwise you're just an elitistfag.

Many people who enjoy these threads are grateful for the salty but patient HH veterans that helped them learn from their mistakes and eventually appreciate what 30k should be and join the threads as equals.

There will always be retards, I don't know where else on the internet you think you'll be able to go to avoid that.
>>
>>44744238
Well, I usually deep strike Perty with 10 tyrants and it's worked well for me so far.
>>
>>44744297
some unnamed captain, after Kor Phaeron told him to be more careful with anti-aircraft fire, since he was bringing down loyalist and traitor craft alike, told Kor FUCKING Phaeron, "Have faith, Word Bearer."
>>
>>44744318
Ah yes thats also a thing. I've only seen it once before though. That many kraks will kill a thing but without hiding in CC do they just get shot off?
>>
>>44744036
Maybe you people shouldn't have gone to 40k threads and told everybody how much 40k sucked and how 30k was so much better. Is it no wonder if people began to migrate?
>>
>>44744336
Oh that sounds familiar. First Heretic right?
>>
>>44744351
I usually DS into the enemy deployment zone where there isn't much defending. They can survive a few rounds of fire, my opponent's units don't however.
>>
>>44744376
>you people

Ha! Let me assure you anon, few HH general contributors ever browsed the 40k general, and even fewer posted there. Either way, it sounds like you are defending the retards that have taken over the HH thread? Come on man. Dont shit where you eat.
>>
>>44744445
No, I'm saying that if you don't want 40k players to come to 30k, don't tell them "40k sux, play 30k."
>>
>>44744072
>you fucking 40k retard
Was that strictly necessary?

It's not accurate either, I've only played AoD games for two years now.
>>
>>44741611
Yeah, we'll add the Crusade Army List too once Glorious Scanon has enough time to complete it (and the other glorious anon compiles it into a PDF).
>>
>>44745096

What? That one was done ages and ages ago. Before Isstvan Campaign Legions as a matter of fact.
>>
>>44742354
I chose my legion(s) based on who I am as a person. Just so happens the Iron Warriors fit the bill. Alpha Legion as well.
>>
>>44744196
Carnac has infested even 30k
>>
>>44745777
>Carnac
>Trazyn

If you gonna Carnac call, then know your stuff. I don't care about Trazyn nor do I care about like 98% of the HH fluff. It's boring Imperial shite with a dash of Primarch wanking.

Now stop trying to infest this thread with your stupidity!
>>
Why can't we all just get along?
>>
>>44745867
This really.

I like the era better and that it's not the clusterfuck that 40k is. We also know how the HH ends. So there is not a whole lot of faction wank speculation going on that shits up 40k threads over who should win the apocalypse like it's some kind of victory condition.

The Bears might as well win the apocalypse.
>>
>>44745096

What? I did that ages ago. Here's the link if you want it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p5mt5733zexlw5n/Crusade_Army_List.7z
>>
>>44745967
Because people like to win arguments and when you're anonymous on the Internet you don't get the feeling that your making an ass out of yourself.
>>
>>44746016
I don't suppose there is a smaller version that Isles taxing for mobile devices?
>>
File: Disgusted magnus.png (118KB, 252x187px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted magnus.png
118KB, 252x187px
>>44746026
>mfw
At least I have a cat in my lap to make me feel better. The worse she does is bite my legs and feet when I'm under my bed covers.
>>
>>44746049
>is less taxing*
>>
Discuss the end results of your games, or the Martian Death Rays. Did you have fun?
>>
>>44746055
It's okay. No one stays mad over these things. People only remember them if they show up in every other thread all the time. It's probably the real reason why people hate the Carnac conversations.

Also, my cat is worse. He likes to pee somewhere in the house when he doesn't get spoiled enough.
>>
>>44746145
>It's probably the real reason why people hate the Carnac conversations.
It is.
>Also, my cat is worse. He likes to pee somewhere in the house when he doesn't get spoiled enough.
Heck, man. That is worse than mine and I think mine is a little crazy. Last year she got sick and wouldn't make it if we left out for the night during the winter. I think being cooped up may have been bad for her mind.
>>
>>44746139
Oh, I do want a unit with volkite calivers. I also want rotor cannons even if they are shit. They look so cool.
>>
>>44746174
>Oh, I do want a unit with volkite calivers.
Imagine a 40k where Volkite guns were what marines used instead of bolters.
>>
>>44746166
Well, my cat is also weird because he grew up without siblings. So he has no idea how to interact with other cats and he used to be afraid of all sorts of things before we got a puppy. The first thing he did was punch it on the nose while it was sleeping. Ever since then he has acted like hot shit.
>>
>>44746211
>Well, my cat is also weird because he grew up without siblings. So he has no idea how to interact with other cats and he used to be afraid of all sorts of things before we got a puppy.
That there is not a problem for my cats.
>The first thing he did was punch it on the nose while it was sleeping. Ever since then he has acted like hot shit.
Reminds me a little of Pert and Dorn. Better than my puppy trying to hit cats with a deer leg bone.
>>
>>44746240
Well, my cat has never hurt the dog for some reason. He never scratchas or bites him even when the dog is clearly annoying him. He will eat the dogs food, though. The dog is also oddly meek despite being a large labrador and will just sit there while the cat is eating out of his bowl. The dog doesn't even bark and always ask politely for walks despite not being raised to be polite.

>tfw all your pets end up having distinct personality and you always cringe when people say that animals can't have personality
>>
File: Spider Bards.gif (2MB, 250x326px) Image search: [Google]
Spider Bards.gif
2MB, 250x326px
>>44746304
Animals are weird.
>always ask politely for walks despite not being raised to be polite
That sounds great.
>>
>>44746336

My cat won't let me read. Every time I try to sit down with a good book and the cat is in the room, he will jump on the book and demand a cuddle. And then curl up and sleep on the book. And he will push any book away that I try to read after that. He's incredibly affectionate, but can be a real annoyance when I'm trying to read for an essay or workshop.
>>
>>44746364
Mine gets on my keyboard sometimes. It's a bother but I think she just wants attention.
>>
>>44746336
Yeah, too bad those two are getting old and the dog has developed medical conditions. I know I'm gonna miss those two soon in a few years. I will probably just get new ones, but they can never be truly replaced.
>>
>>44742354
Because Pert is my husbando ;)
>>
>>44746460
Sounds like an abusive relationshipfu.
>>
File: 20151225_111215.jpg (244KB, 660x579px) Image search: [Google]
20151225_111215.jpg
244KB, 660x579px
>>44746480
My name goes in the lottery like everyone elses, still not been decimated yet though which is nice.
>>
>>44746385
I know that feeling.
>>
>>44746460
Russ is my wolf merchant waifu.
>>
File: IF Breacher.png (609KB, 643x548px) Image search: [Google]
IF Breacher.png
609KB, 643x548px
>>44742354
Are breacher marines (or any of their unique variants) worth it outside Zone Mortalis?

I really like how they look, but I'd want them to be as useful as they are cool - not sure about special weapons, but I'd guess it gives them a bit more versatility

Ideally this would be in a Death Guard force, but any general advice would be great (as I'm not 100% settled on a legion, and will probably pick up small contingents of other Legions anyway)
>>
>>44747058

IMO yes, breachers are worth it, if a little under powered due to their price. DG can use them really well, because rad grenades, shredding flamers, and defensive grenades means that very little wants to actually charge you. But the only reason to take them is because you want those shredding flamers in a big tough squad, otherwise tacticals are probably gonna be way more worth it.
>>
>>44747109
Full squad is the way to go then?

Was also wondering about using Graviton weapons with DG - doesn't feel all that fluff-concious, but spamming difficult terrain is appealing.
Anyone got any pointers - I know Haywire is pretty nice so that + terrain fun seems fairly good
>>
>>44743592
An incredibly passive-aggressive observation, at that.
>>
>>44747319

Short answer, your Death Guard army should include any 3 of the following 5: Heavy squads, termies, dreads, phosphex, graviton

Long answer, Assuming your running a reaping list (and your playing DG, so why wouldn't you?), your going to be stocked up on heavy teams which, while giving you the ability to score lots of objectives, means you are not very maneuverable, so you need some way of buying time to let your heavy squads do they're thing with whatever meager points allotment you have left, which means you need to either stymie the enemies movement/speed bump with a sacrificial unit or have some units that can wallop an injured one.

if you go for stymie I personally wouldn't recommend phosphex medusas solely because I dont think losing barrage and str 10 is worth the terrain gimmick, but graviton terrain works fine and can strip hull points off if a vehicle is close enough, but stick to rapiers as the graviton-guns are criminally under ranged and can't fire over watch. Breachers/tacticals also make good sacrificial units, with shredding flamer overwatch/fury of the legion, respectively.

if you go wallop remember that vets can out flank or get furious charge, with power weapons and rad grenades that's an insane amount of hurt, and since the new faq death shroud can sweep, Robots went up in price (but can be decked out with two flamers), and both kinds of deads got an extra attack (and can be decked out with two HEAVY flamers).
>>
>>44746174
Use them as autocannons?
>>
File: Death Guard dark.jpg (202KB, 632x578px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard dark.jpg
202KB, 632x578px
>>44747884
Thanks for the tips anon

Given that the Reaping is one of the few RoW's that lets you take allies I'm thinking about doing something that'll probably be more cool than useful, but it does bring up one last question - how does the Death Guard like transports/non-dread vehicles?
Seems like it'd be good for speed, but bad for their Boys before Toys thing of heavy infantry - maybe just the vets?
>>
>>44748167
Yeah, I will probably do that.
>>
>>44748220

Vehicles are just a tactical convenient, you don't get any special bonuses, so just use the, to plug gaps or where an interesting synergy pops up, Like Rask letting predators reroll 1's against objective campers, or vindicators and medusas existing. consider what you want a unit to do, and how it can get there. Sure you could deliver a vet squad into the enemies lines with a land raider, but bare bones it costs 250 pts, tooled up with extra armour/ceramite/etc. its gonna run you closer to 300 pts, while the squad can out flank and potentially be in the enemies deployment zone turn two, and charging turn 3.

Unreliable? yes. Exposes your dudes to fire? Yes. lets you buy another tooled up heavy squad, two vindicators and some change, or almost two medusas with the saved points? yes.

There are very few "wrong" ways to build an army, I'm not trying to be your supervisor, a heavily reinforced armoured attack column with termies/despoilers would work fine, but IMO the more points you spend on putting models on the table the better
>>
>>44743278
No, xenos players are definitely less desirable.
>>
>>44747058
>>44747109
I feel like Breachers could be made worth it (and cooler) by having it so that their inv save is increased by 1 whenever the whole squad is in base contact with each other. Means you'll get people actually bunching them up into shield walls.
>>
>>44741436
Why is there a link to homebrew rules in the OP?
>>
>>44748770
One of those mechanics would go a long way on Breachers, that's for sure. Along with a reason for their crazy unit tax to model cost ratio.
>>
>>44748888
Because this is /tg/? We brew shit up and see if people like it. I'm assuming it's in the OP because it offers something you can't otherwise do, and no one has declared ut broken as fuck yet.
>>
>>44748941
That didn't answer the question. I've been playing with the rules in 30K threads since I discovered it was a thing, before we had a general. That doesn't mean they belong in the OP.
>>
>>44748770
>Means you'll get people actually bunching them up into shield walls.
Is it just me that thinks of all the Boarding Shield types we've seen, the ones who benefit from being in a shieldwall the most (IF Phalanx Warders) look the least good in a wall?

The Immortals and the Suzerains look much better to me with their tower shields
>>
>>44748997
Why not? Throw it on 1d4chan and we'll make an index of the stuff and just link to the index.
>>
>>44749037
We've seen more and more new players since Battle of Calth was released, and putting a homebrew in the OP as if it represents the entire thread or community is dishonest. You could put a link to homebrew stuff in the FAQ at the very top, but it doesn't belong in the same space as the official rules.
>>
>>44749111
Personally I think you're over valuing a simple set of resource links. Still it's better than that guy posting the link every thread asking for some help balancing it. This way, anyone who cares can check it out, and anyone who doesn't just ignores it anyway.

Either way, I'm not the guy who added it, so what do I know?
>>
So just as a new topic of conversation, I pose a question.

What legion special unit do people like the best, strictly from a lore perspective?

I'm a big fan of Pyroclasts. Partly because they represented a way for Vulkan to circumvent his own moral mandate of no Destroyer-class weapons and partly because I like the cleansing nature as a path towards rebirth, rather than extinction.
>>
>>44744311

All Xenos means is non human, daemons are definitely not human (anymore)
>>
>>44744036

Good, leave and don't come back.
>>
>>44749212
The first thing everyone sees when the enter a thread - before they enter even - is the OP, and to a newcomer it's the first thing they see end-of-story. If that sets an inaccurate precedent, it means the thread has to drop its usual activity to explain why x isn't a thing or what have you. Much easier to keep the OP representative.

If that wants feedback, he should go to the effort to advertise himself.

>>44749223
Xenos means alien or foreign in Greek, and means non-human sentient species in 40K. No ifs, no buts.
>>
>>44749216
Well, my main character model in 40k is The Lord Executioner of The Raven Guard, and I've built my 40k Raven Guard around that theme.

That said, both the role of Dark Fury Execution squads in their Legion, AND how the models look absolutely get me. I fucking love the curved raptor-talon type lightning claws, I love RG bird skull motifs, and I love their understated armour design and iconography placement.

Alpha Legion Lernaean Terminators really appeal to me, as well. The faceless, voiceless elite of The Legion, clad in the heaviest armour and bearing the most advanced, arcane weapons, appearing out of nowhere and withering their objective position to ruin with heavy fire.

Just the idea of silent, technologically advanced, overwhelmingly powerful strike forces of Alpha Legion terminators deployed to key areas is really cool to me.
>>
>>44748888
Why not? It's optional.
>>
Librarians any good?
>>
>>44749304
Except it is clearly labeled as homebrew. If it causes a problem, sure it can be removed, but it's been there for roughly a week now and the only complaints about it have been this thread with you raising this issue and the guy earlier throwing a tantrum about it.
>>
>>44749345
Only Word bearers can make a real use of Librarians we'll have to see if Sons change that
>>
>>44749386
I kinda hope that Space Wolves get Rune Priests.
>>
>>44749386
So regular ones don't have much of a use then?

Guess I'll wait and see if the SW get rune priests and what they'll be like.
>>
>>44742354
Trench warfare mostly
>>
>>44749304

Daemons have explicitly been referred to as warp Xenos before
>>
>>44749323
Read the conversation.

>>44749381
Whether it's obviously a homebrew or not is immaterial.
>it's been there for a week
First, that doesn't justify it, second I'll believe that if you provide evidence.
>>
>>44749568
In universe, by people who don't understand them. Failing that, under an unusual set of circumstances that would take extreme contrivance to apply to the whole.
>>
>>44749568
Ok before we start a multi-thread argument of retard vs. retard lets settle it.

Xenos typically refers to alien races. When you hear xenos, you think eldar, tau, etc. - not Daemons.
Daemons are typically referred to as Daemons, not Xenos, not Warp-Xenos.

Semantics and argumentative bullshit aside, Daemons are Daemons not Xenos. But for the sake of not destroying multiple threads over this bullshit, Daemons are Xenos too, there you go faggot. You are the winner, you're right.
>>
I wonder if the anti-xenos homebrew people realize they're really the only ones talking about the xenos homebrew? Everyone else is just pointing out their autism.
>>
>>44749973
You really aren't helping our case by calling him a faggot, or anyone a retard, over simple misinformation.

>>44749987
If the only people taking about a thing in the OP are saying "this thing shouldn't be in the OP", isn't that a pretty good sign it shouldn't be in the OP?
>>
>>44750073
>If the only people taking about a thing in the OP are saying "this thing shouldn't be in the OP", isn't that a pretty good sign it shouldn't be in the OP?

Sorry, but when does a vocal minority ever really dictate anything? Also there are probably an equal if not larger group of people who are saying, "Who fucking cares it's in the OP?"
>>
>>44749477
Yeah, the price for them, plus capping at ML2, plus the support officer rule makes for a poor combo, though jetbiking around is fun.
>>
>>44749930
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/xenos%20in%2030k/type/op/

I'm not saying it's been in every thread since, but the first one in that list was back on the 24th.

Also, please explain how that wasn't relevant because I'm not understanding.
>>
>>44743182
Got to love a guy who feels the need to warn you not to step on the wide of his bolter
>>
>>44750073
If said people were to provide some actual reasons for it not to be in the OP sure. However the first guy who brought it up today just came off as elitist and admitted he hadn't actually read the thing before complaining about it.
>>
File: DG.jpg (48KB, 452x604px) Image search: [Google]
DG.jpg
48KB, 452x604px
After about 2 months of thinking and tweaking I finally have my Death Guard list at a place where I am completely happy with it. I wanted a mixture of fluffy and practical and I think I've got it.

Death Guard 4k

Rite of War: The Reaping

HQ
Calas Typhon 200pts

Deathshroud Terminators 410pts
- 10 models

Centurion 140pts
- Moritat
- 2 Volkite Serpenta
- Melta bombs
- Artificer Armour
- Jump Pack

ELITES
Destroyer Squad 430pts
- 10 models
- 2 Rad Missile Launchers
- 3 Phosphox Bombs
- Jump Packs
- Melta bombs

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon 590pts
- 3 Dreadnoughts
- Dread 1: Kheres Assault Cannon, DCCW w/Heavy Flamer with Chem Munitions
- Dread 2: Kheres Assault Cannon, DCCW w/Heavy Flamer with Chem Munitions
- Dread 3: Multimelta, DCCW w/Graviton Gun

TROOPS
Tactical Squad 300pts
- 20 models
- Additional CCW
- Sergeant: Rad Grenades

Tactical Squad 300pts
- 20 models
- Additional CCW
- Sergeant: Rad Grenades

Heavy Support Squad 350pts
- 10 models
- Missile Launchers
- Flakk Grenades
- Sergeant: Augury Scanner, Rad Grenades

Heavy Support Squad 350pts
- 10 models
- Volkite Culverins

HEAVY SUPPORT
Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought 305pts
- Siege Drill with built in Melta
- Armoured Ceremite
- Phosphex Discharger
- Grav-flux Bombard

Deredeo Dreadnought 220pts
- Aiolos missile launcher

LORDS OF WAR
Mortarion 425pts
>>
>>44750144
Ok. Have to see if rune priests get any better.

Would love to make a crazy shaman dude. Double cool if SW characters could buy wolves, because I got a nice Reaper wolf mini that's like half-etherial to go as a spirit animal companion for him.
>>
>>44749973

In 30k it's especially appropriate for them to be known as xenos
>>
So, I'm theory crafting up a couple of dreadnought heavy Salamanders lists, and I need some help coming up with the proper general load-out. One is an orbital assault list favoring contemptors, while the other is a Covenant of Fire list for spamming as many dreads as possible.
>>
>>44746304
>tfw all your pets end up having distinct personality and you always cringe when people say that animals can't have personality

That's retarded and goes against everything we know about the brain. You should shit all over anyone who suggests that kind of nonsense.
>>
does anyone have any idea where I could get the current taghmata army list pdf? Its not in the OP and I got the feeling that the one in the campaign books is outdated. The FAQ shows 20 additonal points for the castellax and says that its the same as in the taghmata list.
>>
>>44750753
Look at the KAT link in the OP. The same user has uploaded a decent photo version of the Taghmata redbook.

Yeah the castellax in the legion redbooks is outdated.
>>
>>44742354
I really like that To The Bitter End rule.
"Okay, I hold the objectives, time to roll and see if the game ends--- "NO. It ends when it ends."
>>
>>44751008
Yeah, the weird thing is in the newer missions in Book 5/Taghmata Redbook some of them don't use Variable game length so it's not even a negative to playing Iron Warriors anymore.
>>
>>44748770

Dont ogryn in 40k have some mechanic where they get +1 to their armour saves if all the dudes are in base to base contact?

Now that would make breachers some top notch shit right there.
>>
>>44750112
Nobody's dictating anything. If something in the OP isn't used at all, and the only time people bring it up it's to question its place at all, that's a sign it's not doing anything and shouldn't be there.

>>44750219
Fair enough. The issue is the impression granted by the OP, not that somebody would be fooled into thinking something marked "homebrew" was anything else.

>>44750260
I can't remember the name for the "Someone made a bad argument for it once ergo it's wrong" fallacy, but it exists.
>>
>>44751171

Because this thread isn't made to cater to autists who are triggered by house rules made by fellow thread goers. If you're bothered by it, don't read it.
>>
>>44750262
Looks really cool and fun, but the Destroyers aren't doing anything. There's no reason not to split those Dreads into seperate units, you have the slots available. All those large foot units scream for Apothecaries. Flakk *missiles, not grenades. Who joins the Deathshroud? I'd play both with and against this list.
>>
>>44742354
I fight for auric saxton!

>>44749003
The IF models have been the worst that has ever come from forgeworld. Just godawful.
>>
>>44751214
Why do you think you'll persuade me by calling me an autist and accusing me of the opposite of what I've stated?
>>
>>44751240
Don't dreads in a unit get to operate independently? They just deploy together, but from there on end act as separate units.
>>
File: wb-upgrades2.jpg (84KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
wb-upgrades2.jpg
84KB, 800x680px
Word bearer list 2500

Rites of War: None

HQ-400
175: Zardu Layak
105: Legion Centurion-Chaplain, Artificer Armour, Retractor Field
120 Herald of Tzeentch, Disk of Tzeentch, Mastery lv3

ELITES-390
95: Apothecary x2, Augury Scanner x1
60: Legion Rapier Weapons Battery x1, Quad Mortar x1
235 Gal Vorbak x5, Power Mace 1x, Martyr with Artificer Armour and Power Fist

TROOPS-1020
300: Legion Tactical Squad 20x (+10), 20x +1CCW, Sergeant with Power Sword
300: Legion Tactical Squad 20x (+10), 20x +1CCW, Sergeant with Power Sword
330: Ashen Circle 10x (+5), Power Axe 2x, Iconoclast with Artificer Armour, Phosphex Bomb 1x, Dark Channeling
90: Pink Horrors 10x

HEAVY SUPPORT-690
175: Legion Sicaran Battle Tank, Sponson Lascannons
175: Legion Sicaran Battle Tank, Sponson Lascannons
340: Legion Spartan Assault Tank, Laser Destroyers, Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield

400 HQ
390 Elites
1020 Troops
690 Heavy
2500 Total

Chaplain and Gal Vorbank run in Spartain. Thudd Gunn sits in back and shells GEQ or cover campers. Apothecaries join both Legionnaire squads while Zardu joins 1. Ashen Circle chase backfield stuff or take on elites stuff without 2+. Both Sicarans do their things (my Meta has flyers), while Herald and Horrors summon in the back.

For 60pts, 1 Quad Mortar looks like a steal. I think its better to have that then swapping PWs for PFs and AA on Sergs and adding The Grimoire of True Names. Although, making Gal Vorbak, all Deamons and potentially Ashen Circle have 3++ svs is great.
>>
>>44751279

I don't have to persuade you of anything, your viewpoint is irrelevant and won't be acted upon.
>>
>>44751403
Exactly, hence the reason to seperate them. You can put them at opposite ends of the board, or keep some in reserve and have others on the pitch at the start.

>>44751409
I can't count how many times I've seen this least with no visible modifications in these threads.
>>
Just a quick gestion, the BaC Chaplain is painted in legion colours and not black, were Apothocaries and Librarians also painted legion colours or just white/blue
>>
>>44751506
You must be very important.
>>
>>44751509
Presumably the colours of the more specialist support officers weren't as strictly laid out as they are in the later Codex Astartes, so presumably, they can be done in Legion colours, but do add something to indicate what they are.
>>
>>44751509
Both. Some legions had color schemes for their specialists, some didn't, and some used both.
>>
>>44750608
I figure a person with such a stupid opinion must have his head so far up his own ass that I would be wasting my time.
>>
>>44751240
Thanks, but what do you mean by the destroyers not doing anything? I would fit a couple of apothicaries in there but I don't have the points spare. I'll juggle some points around and see what I can come up with. The Deathshroud are to accompany Typhon and Mortarion (until he magic tricks himself into another assault)

Also
>Flakk Grenades
Whoops my bad. Meant to say missiles. Must of subconsciously typed that.
>>
>>44746304
Dude that's not odd for a Lab, Labs are gentle and sweet to a fault

Mine even asks politely for walks and outside to pee/poo too. The most you'll get out of him is a kind of "huffhuff" rather than a bark to indicate he needs to go out, and that's only when he REALLY has to go
>>
>>44751746
I'm thinking he's saying you should drop the Destroyers in favour of Apothecaries because there are other units in your list that can carry out the same roles/tasks/targets as the Destroyers, and thus they are expendable if it frees up points for Apothecaries, which will help your large 20 man tac squads.

If you want to use Destroyers for fluff/flavour reasons I totally get it, they're sexy as hell and badass as fuck. Just elaborating on what I believe anon meant.
>>
File: Even in Death I still look fly.png (99KB, 440x509px) Image search: [Google]
Even in Death I still look fly.png
99KB, 440x509px
Sup /tg/, I'm going to be getting a Contemptor dread, and I'm not sure what arms guns to get it. I will be magnetizing.

I already have a Cyclone/Havoc launcher conversion sitting on my desk.

I will get 1 Chainfist and 1 CCW for sure, and magnetize the hand guns.

I'm on the fence for a single Kheres. Is running 1 CCW and 1 kheres worth it?

Would I ever run a Mortis with double Kheres?

Sell me on the Kheres, or talk me out of it.

Pic Related, it would be a Raven Guard dread, and I plan to purchase a pod to use.
>>
>>44751746
The Destroyers cost 430pts and outside of the Rad missiles and Phophex bombs provide shooting that's arguably supbar to a basic tactical squad and some quick melta bombs. They're fragile and weak hitting, and don't do any specific role in the army. If you're concerned about fluff, the Death Guard have their own specialised Destroyer squads, the Grave Wardens, that will go very nicely in this list.

You've got the right idea with those Deathshrouds. In another thread I typed "conversation" instead of conversion, so I have to forgive you.
>>
>>44743182
they are the only reason I dont like the Iron warriors
>>
>>44746304
I think I remember reading in a paper that even cockroaches have personalities; some are bolder, others shy, some experimental and some just oblivious.

That said, overt personality as Joe Public would understand it is a bred trait, in pets and humans alike. Someone from a petless household might not get that; alternatively you have someone with a low trust/cooperation personality on your hands. Don't leave them alone with animals and kids.

>fill in captcha
>realise there's another point to make
>type, move mouse over to post
>captcha expires just then
>>
>>44751839
since you're podding it's going to be right in the enemies faces so I recommend something like Kheres + chainfist w/ melta/grav.

Kheres gives you a powerful 24" threat range and anything much closer than that is going to get a chainfist up the arse, all while popping light tanks or shitting out difficult terrain.
>>
>>44745986

So what are the chances the Bears continue as a Space Marine chapter that just can't win for shit?
>>
>>44751961
Pretty good.
>>
>>44751933
The thing is that a Kheres costs as much as a Gravfist.

I suppose that the 5 hits (average) with the Kheres will do quite a bit of damage, but the second haywire blast and the extra attack just seem better.

So I'm just seeing the Kheres as the Jack of All Trades, Master of None, (Which is still better than the master of one (But the GravFist is master of anti-spartan and Melee))
>>
>>44751508
Actually, last 1 ran 2 squads of Ashen Circle, a Fire Raptor and no quad gun instead of a Spartan.
>>
>>44752203
Would it be better to build my two BaCs as standard 1 Kheres 1 Fist Contemptors or should I do some bootleg surgery to make one a Contemptor Mortis with 2 Kheres and a Contemptor with a Melta and fist?
>>
>>44752317
Wonder if you could convert the meltas into TL lascannons by replacing the barrels.
>>
>>44752317
I'm getting the RG contemptor from FW, so i'm not really in the same boat as you. I magnetize everything so that I don't have to make choices like that.

What's the rest of your list?

I would make 1 Contemptor Mortis and 1 contemptor with 2 CCW
>>
>>44749003
Dorn likes so much walls that he made his marines impersonate a wall. Hilarious
>>
Been thinking about starting Iron Warriors force. Any hints, suggestions, do-not-do-thises?

Just small force at start, looking at Praetor + Tacticals (because of bolters) + Breachers (look cool) and some kind of tanks (because Warriors)

Are Termies worth it?
>>
>>44752761
So a tank spearhead list?

Terminators are cool, and as IW, you can take Tyrant Siege Terminators, as well as Iron Havocs.
>>
>>44752806
Iron Warriors don't really benefit from running a ton of vehicles though. You want to run a lot of infantry since you don't take morale tests from shooting.

>>44752761
How many points are you aiming for? Their RoW doesn't really pay off until you're doing 3 to 3.5k points.
>>
>>44752806
Tyrant Sieges are cool ( I like converting) and Iron Havocs (I have thought about missile launchers)) seem nice but they compete against tanks.

Seems that there is little missile-launcher thing going on.. but suggestions for Tanks? Land Raiders could work wonders but what about more special thingies? Dreds are bit meh but I like the models.
>>
>>44752930
Given current my current economic situation and lack of other players, just 1000-1500 is my goal. Enough soldiers yet space for conversations and little individuality.

Mass of infantry good. Some vehicles to supplement it.. Given siegeing, some ordance?
>>
>>44753001
At 1.5k I was taking a Praetor with PoTL, 1x 20 man tactical squad, 10x TS terminators and a Spartan. Maybe swap some stuff out for a Medusa if you want.
>>
>>44752945
Artillery - Medusas are fantastic. Don't drink the phosphex kool-aid though, it's more of a downgrade.
Not-quite-tanks - Rapiers are fantastic, all versions save for the bolter.
Best Dreadnought - Leviathans are scary and about as tank-like as a dread can hope to be.
Sicaran Venator - More IW-like than the regular version; a fantastically good unit.
Whirldwind Scorpio - Fantastic, also a cool way to tie up with Siege Tyrant missiles.
Vindicators of both flavors - Solid, perhaps less so than the other options above if you're trying to be optimal with your points.
Lord of War - The Typhon is absolute hell.
>>
>>44751123
[vindicator blasts intensify]
>>
>>44753062
>Spartan at 1500

Was anyone able to take it out before it dropped the payload?
>>
>>44753780
The first game I ever played it got immobilized going through some terrain. My opponent sometimes takes a Sicaran Venator, so it does get wrecked before making it all the way across.
>>
>>44753681
>>44751123

Deathwing Knights have a rule that if they are in base contact with another they get +1 toughness which would be a lot better
>>
>>44751034
That's why you use them for 40k.
Otherwise, you pretend they're pre-Heresy Word Bearers or Alpha Legion.

That's the best part of Alpha Legion, you can reasonably say "Nah, I'm playing Word Bearers today."
"But those are Alpha Legion."
"I don't know what you're talking about."
>>
>>44753933
So do all Fists with Boarding/Storm Shields if you take the Stone Gauntlet, but only if they haven't run, charged or swept - though they get Hammer of Wrath, when they do charge

Doesn't strictly have to be base-to-base either, just unit coherency with at least two other models with shields
>>
>>44754155
Sorry, no one in my group plays our 30k stuff in the 40k era and vice versa.
>>
>>44754155
I would slap my opponent in the face for that. Then again he'd be an Alpha Legion player so he deserves to be hit anyway.
>>
>>44751409
I've seen your other lists, as >>44751508 said, and this is likely the best.
Zardu placement is fine
Don't bother with Burning Lore on the Chaplain, 30pts for 1 more Mastery Level isn't worth it. Biomancy while cool is too random for a Lv1.
Herald is fine, but the Grimoire is so good here considering the Gal Vorbak are your only tanking unit, and you plan to summon many Deamons, a 3++ can go really far.
Both Apothecarys look fine. I assume only 1 Augury Scanner due to pts.
Never played against a Rapier w/ Quad Mortar before. Should be pretty good.
These Legion Tactical squads are great for objective holding, but a Power Fist and Artificer Armour is so much more ideal. These squads want to get close, but many tougher units or Sergs have a 2+ so the Serg will die to quickly. Also, its super cheap in 30k.
Ashen Circle are fine. Might want a Melta Bomb on the Iconoclast as they will get close so quick. If possible, add in another Power Axe, as while 2 is good, its only 5pts per PW and the Ap2 will help alot.
Pink Horors we all know about.
2x Sicarans w/ Las is fine. Really just one of the best tanks in the game.
Spartan: Why are you running Laser Destroyers?
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 414x446px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 414x446px
>mfw don't have the retarded primarch wank discussions in the 30k general thread

It's like the shitpost meme threads work as a filter.
>>
>>44755132
yeah we just have arguments about lolis and a whole load of butthurt about xenos
>>
>>44755176
I'll take it over the alternative.
>>
>>44746139
>Why can't we all just get along?

I used a dual volkite Contemptor earlier, very happy with the results.
>>
>>44755132

Okay then, I'll start it up.

First off... that lightning bolt. Is the Khan a Ziggy Stardust fan?
>>
Which SH Tank should I take with my Iron Warriors?

Glaive, Falchion or Fellblade.

I already have Tormentor, so no need to mention that.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 660x579px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 660x579px
>>44755466
Possibly. Apparently people still knew who Leonardo Da Vinci was in 30k and he is way older.
>>
>>44754824
>>44751409

Since you can't get a squad of 9 Horrors I think you should go for 18. And take at least something of the 3 other gods as well. But then again you probably care less about that sort of thing.

I assume somewhere in the future you want to play with Lorgar? And would be forced to use the WB Rite of War as a result. I'm having some trouble figuring out what I'd use as my one Heavy choice since I don't really want to invest in several tanks I can only use part of the time.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160111-013327.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160111-013327.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Anyone seen or have any luck painting this Imperial Fists color scheme? I saw someone's on Instagram today and it looked like shit so now I'm worried about it being better in pictures than reality.
>>
>>44755554

David Bowie lived much, much closer to Da Vinci than Khan or Perturabo lived to Bowie. If historians had any clue of stuff from that era from Earth, it would all be so vague they'd guess they were contemporaries
>>
>>44755594
Well, all sorts of informarion could have ended up all over the galaxy. I'm sure some rockstars ended up as mythological figures somewhere and the movie Labyrinth was regarded as documentary.
>>
>>44755497
>Glaive
How could you not giant death ray?

Tormentor already has the D shot.
>>
>>44755571
Not sure on the benefit of 18? 11 if anything would be better because of the extra Warp Charge.
I will have other deamon units ready for summoning, but thats its.
Adding Lorgar is a very different list. I'd run a Whirlwind Scorpious or a Medusa if I could only pack 1 HV.
>>
>Rush to paint up multiple boxes of Calth as TSons before I have to leave the country for a couple of months for work
>Soon as I'm gone FW release TSons upgrade parts
Fuckfuckityfuckfuckfuck
>>
>>44755783
Use the upgrade packs to make veteran units?
>>
>>44748220
what pattern of bolter are those death guard using and when will forge world make them?
>>
>>44755748
The Volkite Culverin isn't actually that great though, especially for 625 points.
>>
>>44755859
Oops, I mean Volkite Carronade.
>>
>>44755777
18 is a number that is much more pleasing to Tzeentch. It's sad that GW seems to have forgotten that fact themselves.

I'm not quite sure yet about my Word Bearers Detachment but my Daemons will definitely be the following:

Bloodthirster, 2 greater Gifts.
18 Horrors
3 Nurgling Swarms
12 Mounted Daemonettes
For a total of 666 pts, so that works out nicely.

Thinking maybe a Fire Raptor as Heavy?
>>
>>44755594
Are we sure Fulgrim wasn't an attempt to bring back Bowie?
>>
>>44751244

Typical of Forge Worlds treatment of the Imperial Fists...
>>
>>44756036
>>44755666

>They think Ziggy Stardust is an album detailing humans awaiting the arrival of the Emperor
>Spiders from Mars are clearly some sort of proto-Mechanicus techno cult
>>
>>44755962
Ah, just for Sacred #s of old.
For 30k, that could be pretty good.
Fire Raptors are crazy good. I face 1, hence why running 2 Sicarans to counter it.
>>
>>44755583
If you're a good painter it will look good, if you're a bad painter it will look bad.
>>
>>44756039
People don't like the IF models? They look fine to me.
>>
>>44751409
1dChan recommends a Tainted Weapon on the Gal Vorbaks Dark Marytyr. You tried that over a Power Fist? Not sure it's worth it. Lightning Claws look pretty good, 6A at S5 Ap3 and Rending is pretty brutal. Chaplain giving Hatred hits even harder.
>>
>>44755832
That could work. I was also thinking of using them for some aspiring sorcs/librarians so i can run them in 40k as either normal TSons or using vanilla marines with conclaves as counts as pre-heresy.
>>
>>44756180
Speaking of Fire Raptors...
It has 2 quad Heavy Bolters with the option to upgrade to Reaper Autocannon Battery. The wording is a little vague.
A: Are both Quad Heavy Bolters replaced for one Battery? (And how does that then work with LoS? Since it is one weapon can you only ever fire 2 of 4 shots unless the angle is perfect?)
B: Are both Quad Bolters replaced with a Reaper Battery each for +10 pts
C: Or do you have to pay 10 pts per side you wish to upgrade?

If the answer is A, the heavy bolters are probably better, right? 12 shots vs 4 (2).

Sorry for the silly questions, I am the biggest nub when it comes to '40k'.
>>
>>44755583
have yet to see in mkiv, but sure looks good on mk3 armor
>>
>>44755583
>>44756652
shit, forgot pic
>>
>>44756605
heavy bolters are never worth it
they are trash
>>
>>44756703
Which is a shame, because they look so cool.
>>
>>44756605
as far as I am aware one battery is one side of the craft, but to replace both pods is +10pts

auto cannons are better because they can take on light armour and wound easier
>>
>>44756605
You have that totally wrong.

Each Fire Raptor autocannon is 4 shots.

both turrets are replaced for 10 points.

So you go from 12 s5 shots to 8 s7 ones.
>>
>>44756929
This is correct.
>>
>>44743831
>Eldar sniper teams targeted Word Bearers while they were fighting Ultramarines
Source?
>>
>>44756733
>>44756929
>>44757025
So option B then...
The wording is vague, no consistency with plurality. I don't trust tabletop gamers anymore when it comes to interpreting the spirit of the rules. Too many bad experiences with assholes.
>>
File: MFW About to decimate that ass.jpg (99KB, 414x446px) Image search: [Google]
MFW About to decimate that ass.jpg
99KB, 414x446px
>>44752761

>Tips

-Exploit your legion rules, get as many things with shrapnel bolts as possible (like heavy bolters on rhinos)

-War smiths are always not worth it, in any situation you might think about taking one take Kyr Valen instead

-Tyrants are awesome, Havoks are one of, if not, the best special units in the game (40 ppm for a las cannon with tank hunter that gives -1 to cover saves and rerolls armour saves against blasts)

-Sub 2.5-3k don't even think about hammer of olympia, you won't have the points to max out your heavy slots and squad sizes

-Your biggest boon (aside from perty) is that nothing can force you off of objectives except murdering a squad to a man, so exploit this by squatting on objectives with big squads dispersed into terrain

-if its tanks you want then max out an artillery squadron first, take a reductor allied detachment for another artillery squad, then buy some vindicators/pred squads/vindicators/doritos dreds/vindicators/etc

-Perty, aside from his obvious ability to fuck your face, drops his pie plate(s) of doom, has all of the buffing wargear, lets termies DS, gives EVERY FRIENDLY UNIT furious charge in the enemies deployment zone(i.e. not just ones with LA:IW, your entire army), gives all IW stubborn and lets you roll reserves on turn 1. I don't actually have enough characters left in this post to describe how powerful these abilities are, so I'll let your imagination run wild.
>>
Sell me on the fluffyness of spamming volkite chargers for my Terror Squads. In terms of game mechanics I like them, but even though they are older than bolters in-world they still feel new and not very iconic. The Terror Assault RoW is awesome and Night Lord as fuck but running my T Squads with all Volkite feels a little WAAC.
>>
>>44759936
Your armor is painted with lighting bolts, now you can shoot lighting bolts.
>>
>>44760064
Volkite isn't lightning though. They're more like Martian death rays.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 630x344px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 630x344px
>>44760064
>>
>>44760148
Fuck me sideways and call me Perty, I stand corrected.

>>44760089
People exploding is terrifying, thats what the NL would want.
>>
File: image.jpg (388KB, 667x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
388KB, 667x900px
Hey guys, this is the 2500 point list I just finished building. This is what I plan on playing for random games. First match is Friday night vs. a Salamanders army.
Only the jetbikes are magnetized, everything else is modeled as listed. On the bench I have Kurze, another Rhino, 2 more drop pods, a 10 man vet tactical squad, and 2 more Jetbikes.

-Sevatar
-Command Squad: Heavy Chainsword, Power Sword x3, Power Axe x1, meltabombs, Rhino

-Support Squad: 5 Plasma, Rhino
-(2) 10 man Terror Squad: Heavy Chainsword, Flamer, Bolter x2, Volkite Charger x5, Chainglaive, meltabomb
-5 man Terror Squad: meltabomb

-Apothecary: Artificer Armor
-(2) Apothecary
-Contemptor: Power Fist, Chainfist, Grav Gun x2, Drop Pod

-11 man Night Raptor Squad: Chainglaive x3, Power Sword x3, Power Axe x3, Chainsword x2, meltabomb
-4 man Jetbike Squad: Plasma Cannon, meltabombs

-Deredeo: Autocannon, Aiolos Missiles

I tried to create a balanced list that stayed true to the spirit of the Night Lords. I used the 2 naked Apothecaries and the extra Night Raptor to get the numbers advantage to use A Talent for Murder. What are the weaknesses, and what should I add to the army?
>>
>>44760300
Not much in the way of ranged anti tank for a 2500 point list. Seems to me like you'll struggle versus any armor-heavy list.
>>
>>44759936
I kind of felt the same way, so I bought one pack of Volkite Chargers and put 5 in each squad. They synergize with bolters and flamers, so you can outfit half your squad with them and not hurt anything. And you arent WAAC.

I also have a 10 man support squad with Volkite Calivers
>>
>>44760432
Yeah I'm trying to compensate for that by putting meltabombs on everything. I do have a lot riding on that Contemptor and the meltabombspam.
>>
>>44759936
Bolters have bass barks, but Volkite weapons have high-pitched screams.
>>
>>44749304
OP gets to write the OP. Turn it into an issue once the copy/paste starts getting too full. And don't be afraid of bringing more people in. I used to play Eldar in 40k, back when I still played 28mm games. Was sick of seeing marines everywhere. But I've really gotten into the 30k legions.
>>
>>44760148
How does a slit produce a line beam?
>>
>>44759936

It sounds pretty fluffy to me. The point of Terror Squads are to terrorize, right? Volkite weaponry is always portrayed as being awful, even to a space marine, with a lot of burning to death involved and exploding. Plus, having bright lasers suddenly out of the dark would be blinding and disorienting.
>>
>>44760300

Tell me how the Night Raptors work. I'm interested in NL and in them but their points cost always seemed rather spooky to me.
>>
>>44746139
Is he suffering a severe allergic reaction to Tartaros pattern armor?
>>
>>44765980
Armor breach, then a plasma round ignited the air arround him and inside his armor.
>>
>>44765980
>>44766041

Pretty sure that's the Deflagrate rule in action.
>>
>>44756686
oh that's real nice. maybe I'll slap on some spare Grey Knight helmets onto my Calth dudes when I build the Templar Brethren to give it that knightly look minus the laurel.
>>
>>44749003
Just use the boarding assault upgrade kit from fw. They're square so will fit beside each other and the newer style will fit in with mk IV armour from the BaC box. I like the breacher models but those shields let me spread the cost for a stone gauntlet.
>>
>>44755444
I want one! What did it kill for you?
>>
>>44766041
Jesus Christ, how horrifying.
>>
>>44766041
add to that the life eater virus that's probably still in Tallarn's atmosphere at that point
>>
File: aKXy8C1YS2c[1].jpg (129KB, 597x604px) Image search: [Google]
aKXy8C1YS2c[1].jpg
129KB, 597x604px
>>44767122
>>
>>44742354

I was actually really waiting for the Thousand Sons rules to come out in WD, but it took long enough that I started up IW instead.

I liked the uncompromising thing they had going, the sort of depressing theme....and what this guy said.>>44743182
>>
is something stopping me from putting an apothecary in my gal vorbak squad?
>>
>>44767285
Yes, the fucking rules. It very clearly lists what units an apothecary is allowed to join.
>>
>>44767439
would you mind giving me a pic?
>>
>>44767285
>>44767470

For a few more point you can take a primus medicae.
>>
>>44767470
just download from Op you silly bitch
>>
>>44755583
Do you mean a metallic scheme?
>>
Hey I am a BaC noon and wanted input on my 1st 100 points of alpha legion. Any tips on painting or army buildin would be appreciated
Alpha legion
+++ Alpha legion (1000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Allied Detachment) (1000pts) ++

+ HQ (195pts) +

Legion Praetor (195pts) [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Paragon Blade, Plasma Pistol]
····Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

+ Elites (205pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (205pts)
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Extra Armour, Heavy Flamer, Twin-linked Autocannon]

+ Troops (600pts) +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (290pts) [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Missile Launcher and Suspensor Web, Plasma Gun, Sniper]
····Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combi-weapon, Power Dagger, Power Fist]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (310pts) [Banestrike Bolter Shells, Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Outflank, Plasma Gun]
····Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Plasma Pistol, Power Dagger, Power Fist]
>>
Does anyone have tips on using Palatine Blades, particularly with the Emperor's Children's RoW?

I've been using them in a Storm Eagle but I'm sort of getting "meh" on it. Its a great assault vehicle, but having them both stuck together for the purposes of possible outflanking is a lot of eggs in one basket. And the Palatine Blades are great for mulching small, elite squads but they seem to do that like, once in a game and then get shot or don't do much. And the Storm Eagle twin-linked multi-melta isn't as fun with people learning to Armoured Ceramite.

I considered Jump Packs for them but that seems like a pretty hefty cost for leaving them a little more exposed.

Thoughts? This could just be that the dice hate me and my Storm Eagle seems to have a team of gunners who are special needs.
>>
>>44771863
Maybe set them aside for now and try some other units. Hopefully ECs get an update in the future Redbook to make their unique units better.
>>
>>44772012

Yeah, that's what I was sadly thinking...

Honestly, if they could just get a Land Raider as a Dedicated Transport they'd gel with the RoW a lot more...
>>
>>44750262
Drop Destroyers and Moritat(even though i love those) and give deathshroud a transport.
Split dread squad by weapons.
Heavy support squads work best in the 5man teams, just take more
>>
>>44741436
>that alpharius marine
>mfw
>>
>>44773003
Which one? There are like 6 of them.
>>
So my flgs is doing a 30k league and im looking to bring some variety with mechanicum. How might I do that with 40k models? Im interested in buying the new CM starter box. What do you guys suggest?

I am absolutely not paying for fw bullshit.
>>
>>44773820
This might be the most hostile place you could ask that question.
>>
File: IMG_2610.jpg (3MB, 3648x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2610.jpg
3MB, 3648x2432px
how is zone mortalis?

also how do I convince my friend to do 30k on a budget, someone we knows is offering him a daemons army for like £100 but the friend and I both do 30k...
>>
>>44773820
This general isn't for you.
>>
>>44773915
Zone Mortalis is fun if you like playing quick games under a hour.

If you're trying to convince your friend to get into 30k. Start out with Victory is Vengeance Strike Force rules in Book 3. You basically have a small warband of guys and certain members level up as you play.
>>
>>44773820
Well then, if you are not willing to make any allowances, skip the event.

Besides that, Questoris Knights should be doable purely with GW kits.

>>44773915
Been told it's good fun. Looking forward to try it out once my army is at the correct size.
>>
>>44773962
Zone Mortalis is great, but if you're looking to spend even less money on miniatures, Victory is Vengeance is really fun. You don't even need full squads and can add to your warband on a model by model basis.
>>
I think >>44774105 mean to reply to >>44773915
>>
>>44774206
I did. My mistake.
>>
>>44773927
Bah. 40kG wasn't helpful, either. I mean, im just far too poor for fW. Not that I don't love them, i just cannot do it.

The league is making allowances of some 40k models, but I'm just not familiar enough with HH to confidently say "these bots work well as a proxy for these," yknow?
>>
>>44773927
>>44773914
>>44773992

We can be a bit more helpful, cool conversions are always a plus.

>>44774595

You gotta tell us what you have, take a look at the Thaghmata list.
>>
>>44774638
Well, at the moment? Nothing but Tau. I'm looking at the Get Started skitarii box, perhaps.

40kG suggested servitors. And while I have the taghmatta, its awfully confusing for me lol. Im not entirely sure what models would work for them.
>>
>>44774595
>I am absolutely not paying for fw bullshit.

For future reference you probably shouldn't open with this.

>>44774685

What is confusing you about the game? You mean what you can take from 40k and Counts-As for 30k? Typically people take Kastellans as Castellax and Skitarii Vanguard as Tech-thralls. Honestly anything will work as long as you model it close enough to what FW is offering. I suggest you go to the FW website, look at their Mechanicum models and then see what you can kitbash together from 40k bits.
>>
>>44774685
With proper conversion you can do the following

Tech Thralls can be represented with guardsmen models and some bionic shit, Myrmidons can be easily done with Kataphron breachers and destroyers and if you have a bunch of skulls lying around you can do a nice conversion for Scyllax Guardian-Automata, Skitarii can also work as tech-thralls but you'll need a whole bunch of them.

You can also have the 40k knight variants as allies or a LoW.
>>
Just got my B@C set. Gonna make them into Iron Hands. Any tips?
>>
>>44773820
Some of the best hh models I've seen have been converts of 40k plastics.

The thing is, those conversions cost even more per-model than FW, since they were buying so many models to scalp bits from (antennas, fancy boltguns, unusual helmets, etc).

There's no way to cheap out by buying 40k. You'd literally be better off buying non-GW models from the start, since they're even cheaper.
>>
>>44774873

http://m-k-painting-studio.blogspot.com/2015/02/iron-hands-armour-guide.html
>>
>>44751917
HERESY
>>
Having brought the books a while ago and build up my army but never gotten to play it.
With calth many of my friends want to start to so I have started reading again, why is there a homebrew in OP?
Is it a widely used one? Should I tell my mates?
>>
>>44775731
If you want to have xenos in 30k games, sure. Why the fuck are you asking us for permission?
>>
Anyone play or play against a Warlord Titan yet? I'm bringing out to an Apoc game soon and wanted to know what to expect. If it's too OP, I'll want to tone it down a bit so my friends still have a good time.
>>
>>44775967

It's essentially invincible and can probably take on 1.5 it's cost in titan killers and win
>>
>>44775295

>he doesn't have a guy who sells 40k bits by the ounce

I posted here to laugh at you
>>
>>44776093
Granted, the Apoc game will probably be 50,000 points a side. So, I imagine it'll be the priority target for my opponents. It'll be the only Titan on the board too.
>>
>>44774790
>>44774761
>>44775295
Sorry about the FW comment. I'm used to 40kG being such a shit fest. You guys are all pretty cool.

These suggestions are exactly what I was looking for! So thanks! My flgs manager offered some of his extra bits to use for converting.

I also happen to have an unused guardsmen box laying around. I was going to trade it but that didn't happen.

So, I think the league will start at 500 points. What would you all suggest for that? I'm looking for what I should buy and then convert first. Would that new skitarii box work?
>>
>>44776139
Another flgs near me is actually doing a bizarre bazaar, which is basically a giant bits garage sale. So it will be a great chance to pick some up to solely make 30k mechanicum
>>
>>44776165

Unless they have a ton of shadowswords or whatever the titan is just going to annihilate the stuff that can kill it and be immune to everything else.
>>
>>44775967
>nobody asked for pics

post pics faggot
>>
>>44776352
Of the game or the Warlord Titan? I'm still building the Titan and the game won't be for a few more weeks.
>>
>>44776391
you should post in /wip/ unless it's shit
>>
>>44776445
Well i'm only going to have it primed for the Apoc game. I guess if I'm not lazy, I'll put some pics in /wip/. So far i've just been magnetizing the weapons, head and waist. For the BVCs I've drilled out holes for brass rod and can remove them by just pulling out the pin.
>>
>>44776165
Tbh I think it'd be a disappointment for everyone if the Warlord didn't wreck face. Let it build a legend if it can. Besides that idk what the setup of your Apoc battle will be and if that's all set in stone but try and have objectives that allow people to 'ignore' it (if they dare).
>>
>>44776600
this. whenever you have a huge centerpiece like that there's going to be lofty expectations, but everyone is also going to want to get a piece of it themselves. what usually happens is that the big cool thing gets gangfucked by everyone and doesn't get a chance to do anything cool (or, more rarely, everyone leaves it alone out of fear and it does end up being a little too OP). striking the right balance is gonna be tricky.

I do hope you have a fun game with it, though! it's a bitchin' cool model and I for one would be pumped if I got to play in a game with one.
>>
>>44776600
>>44776670

Yeah, even after telling my friends what it does they're still really excited to see it in action. I'll try to spread the damage around so nobody feels singled out by it.
>>
>>44776670

I'm not sure if you can get enough things in range of it to alpha it from full health in one shooting phase if you don't have any Titans
>>
>>44776165
>50,000 points

You had better do pictures anon. And a simple batrep.
>>
Just double checking: the only way to ally in an Imperial Knight to a Legion is the Questoris guys, and you need two Knights minimum?
>>
>>44776986
Yes.
>>
>>44776973
this

also lots of close in pictures of all the forces, I hate it when they don't have that
>>
>>44776973
>>44777047

I'll see what I can do. Unfortunately, not everything will be fully painted.
>>
>>44777103
Yeah, well I'm pretty sure I've never seen a fully painted battle that large outside of Forgeworld dioramas, and those aren't actual games so they don't count.

50,000 points fully painted would be a hell of a sight though.
>>
>>44777711
Yeah, I'm having everyone at very minimum priming their models. Also anything not painted will grant their opponents Preferred Enemy: Unpainted. Should help speed up the game at least.
>>
File: LC Rules Update.jpg (452KB, 930x1494px) Image search: [Google]
LC Rules Update.jpg
452KB, 930x1494px
Could I get away with having no scoring units in a Legio Cybernetica list if we're rolling random missions on the AoD mission table? There's only one that has progressive objectives, and even the ones that do have scoring tend to emphasize killing/denying or just rushing the enemy deployment zone (and give points for using denial units as well as scoring units). I'm trying to avoid sticking AdSec in my list because I don't really want to buy and model and paint all the little bastards. Half the missions focus more on killing the enemy while keeping them from killing you so having Tech-Thralls in the list would be a liability on those missions since they're not exactly super durable and are likely to just give up kill points without doing any damage themselves.

I could use Thallax instead, but honestly Thallax rules look pretty shitty to me. They're moderately durable, but they're just not that shooty or killy for their rather significant price tag. I'd much rather build them than Tech-Thralls for the model cool factor but they just don't seem that useful on the table even when the missions do involve scoring.

The whole point of Legio Cybernetica used to be about running a list of Castellax. I just wanna do that even with the points cost increase, damn it. [For the unaware, anything with a Cybernetica Cortex never counts as scoring now, hence my dilemma]
>>
>>44778175
Try it, at least Castellax are denial units. Just make sure you kill off any Implacable Advance/ObSec units your opponent has.
>>
>>44748680
I'm with you anon. It does seem that for most armies simply throwing more dudes and vehicles on the table trumps taking 100's of points of wargear, except in a few circumstances like trying to achieve a specific effect with several units working their wargear options together.
>>
>>44776818
About two hypothetical Salamander Moritats with Inferno Pistols would wreck it in one shooting phase. Thank god they nipped that in the bud before people started fielding those things...
>>
>>44778316
As I understand it they only count as ObSec in Maelstrom; AoD never has ObSec since it uses its own scoring system. All you have to do is get a denial unit next to a scoring unit to prevent it from scoring. The only AoD mission that seems to present a challenge is Dominion since it's basically Maelstrom of War without the randomness, and even then points are awarded at the start of each player turn so that both players have a chance to remove or deny before points are awarded.

A lot of the missions seem to be winnable just by locking down your own deployment zone, and at least on paper that seems like something LC could do very well. Everything is very tough but most things are short range... but none of that matters if the enemy has to get into your deployment zone and stay there until the end of the game to get points. Just let 'em come to me and butcher them to a man, then win through secondary objectives.

The biggest thing I'm scared of are Veteran Tactical Squads with Sniper, which seem to be in everyone's lists these days since the BaC box is better for building VetTac squads instead of standard bolter blobs. Most of the LC advantage flies out the window when all their bolters wound on 4+ regardless of what they're shooting at. Basically, I have to either cripple them, get them to fall back or tie them up in combat ASAP or they're gonna start whittling me down.
>>
>>44778416
How would that work? Warlords have armoured ceramite.
>>
>>44778416

Armored ceramite and a save against those shots. Shits gay m8
>>
>>44778483
I only mentioned ObSec because a lot of tournaments do use Maelstrom of War missions for 30k.
>>
>>44778579
Well, this is assuming AoD missions instead of Maelstrom of War missions. If I have to play Maelstrom then a list with no scoring is never going to work. If that does end up being the case I'm gonna have to just bite the bullet and buy a couple of AdSec blobs and probably some Triaros Armored Conveyors for them.

I love the Triaros model and rules, but fuck, man, those things are so expensive if you want to actually use them as your standard transports.
>>
>>44778551
>>44778578
Oh right, forgot about that. I simmed it against a Reaver a while back for laughs and it'd get 1shot most of the time. Didn't figure in the ceramite.

Anyway, for actually killing a Warlord... I figure Bright Lances? lots of them?
>>
>>44778839
Darkfire Cannons or other Lance weapons would be a good choice since it's AV15 but oddly not immune to the effect of Lance weapons. You'd need a LOT of them, but considering that this thing is at least 2,750 points you could bring about 20 Darkfire-equipped Castellax for the same cost - that's 40 BS 5 S7 AP2 Lance shots at 60". Honestly, Darkfire spam in an apoc team game isn't a terrible strategy in general just for durable fire support.
>>
>>44779057
Warlord anon here. Lol, good thing I'm the only Mechanicum player in my group. Marines don't get any lance weapons right?
>>
>>44779111
There might be a psychic witchfire power (although I could be thinking of BA powers) but beyond that I can't think of any, at least not in any capacity they could bring en masse as would be needed to actually hurt a Titan.

I'm honestly not really sure what viable options exist in HH for taking it down before it does 3k points of damage itself. You'd need spammable small blast or non-blast Str D ranged shots (since anything bigger is going to be expensive for a single shot), basically, and I'd need to do some research to see if that's even available.

Are there Vortex Missiles in HH? That would do the trick, although they take forever to launch.
>>
>>44779225
I think only other Titans can take Vortex Missiles. The Knight Atrapos has a weapon that can generate Vortex, but that's not reliable.
>>
>>44779264
Yeah, the Atrapos had occurred to me, but it's not reliable and pretty expensive itself. The Warlord would squish it before it does any significant damage.
>>
Trying to make a 2k LC list just not quite sure how to spend the rest of the points. My club usually just sticks to Maelstrom missions.

Archmagos Dominus (w) Familiar, Machinator, MC Photon Thruster, Abeyant - 255pts

Magos Auxilia (Lac) (w) Cortex Controller, Familiar, Laslocks x4 - 109pts

Adexularis Covenant x20 (w) Chainblades, Frags, Rite, Cpc Arm, Revenant - 150pts

Castellax (w) Frags, Multi Melta, Flamers x2, Powerblades - 130pts

Castellax x2 (w) Enhanced Targeting Array - 240pts

Castellax x2 (w) Ehanced Targeting Array, Darkfire Cannons - 280pts

Thanatar (w) Searchlight, Enhanced Targeting Array - 266pts

Leaves 440pts left to spend but I'm not sure what would be most beneficial. Was initally thinking either a 2nd dominus and some single man voraxes for outflanking, or a unit of destructors in a triaros.
>>
>>44779281
Yeah, well the funny thing is even if my friends do destroy the Warlord. On a 4+ it's going to do D/D/D at AP 1/1/2 to everything within 36" of the model. I don't know if letting the Warlord live is better or not...
>>
>>44779264
>>44779281
Actually, now that I think about it I think rushing it with a shitload of melee Str D knights is probably the best solution. Sure, they only hit it on a 5+, sure, they can't lock it in combat... but it's still Str D, you'd have quite a few attacks with multiple knights and get to charge it every turn for an extra attack (can't be locked in combat, remember?), and the Large Blast Stomp attack the Warlord has can't be used against other Super Heavies.

>>44779375
Granted, uh, there is also that.
>>
>>44779355
I'd say destructors in a Triaros. Irrad Engines rape power armour.
>>
>>44779057
The sad thing is your 20 darkfire cannons could, with very good golls, strip maybe a third to half of the HP off the Warlord. In return it is not inconceivable the Warlord kills all of Castellax in one go..
>>
>>44779355
I'd drop the Photon Thruster on the Archmagos for the Cortica Primus relic [HH4, Cybertheurgy powers affect the entire target unit, but +1 on the Malifica table for every affected model if you roll double 6s] if your group allows relics in standard games. It's honestly one of the main reasons to play LC since only the Archmagos Dominus is allowed to use it. Remember that you can't shoot in the same turn that you're using Battlesmith or Cybertheurgy, and the ArchDominus' Ld10 means you're going to want to be using Cybertheurgy with him almost every turn.

I'm not a fan of MMs on Castellax myself, since at larger point levels you're going to see a lot of Armoured Ceramite in 30k. Against vehicles you may as well just charge them if the Darkfire isn't doing the job. If it's because you want WYSIWYG power blade models I think you're better off trying to make some green-stuff powerblades and magnetizing them.

Vorax got a significant buff in the Taghmata book, and they're I5 in an LC list. Take a unit of five with Frag Grenades for 350 points! They're going to reliably butcher terminator squads and should easily win their points back. Personally I'm not sure it's worth spending more points on them for Irad or Bio-Corrosive Rounds since in my mind half the reason you take them is because of how points efficient they are... but others swear by Bio-Corrosive so it's worth considering.

He doesn't have a model yet, but I really, really like the rules for the Thanatar-Cynis. Four small blast shots at 18" seems like it's going to be useful a lot more often than one large blast shot, plus he gets to actually use all three of his guns and take advantage of his durability as he moves up the table instead of hanging back. Barrage rules make using Rite of Destruction on a standard Thanatar a bit of a gamble (since the second shot has to roll scatter and flip the template), whereas eight separate small blast shots from the Cynis don't have that problem.
>>
>>44779644
Yeah, it's hardly a perfect solution. You could at least spread out the robots in a fairly large area between 4-5 units, but if they're the largest threat on the board to the big guy he's probably going to kill them before they kill him.
>>
>>44779355
>>44779660
Also, if you're playing mostly Maelstrom of War you need more scoring units. All you've got in that list are the Tech-Thralls with no transport and also no ability to run plus their Magos Auxilia escort. You need either more Thralls plus Triaros to transport them or some Thallaxii to jetpack hop around.
>>
>>44779057

I thought warlords were one of the few things that were immune to lance
>>
>>44780209
Nope. Might be thinking of Haywire.
>>
my chinaman had a 45% sale last week. I could have had a warlord for like 400

Fug
>>
>>44779660
Duly noted about the dominus, although I only have the red book available so I don't know the relics cost offhand so I'll consider it but leave it out for now.

The MM castellax were for wsyiwyg reasons, our local meta isn't too vehicle heavy that ceramite would be an issue, they 30k armies also tend to end up facing 40k lists as well.

Still not entirely sure on running a blob of vorax though, certainly appealing but I think I'll try 2 2man units first then a blob.

Also completely forgot about barrage on the hellex, so I will end up switching it to a cynis then.

So after swapping some gear around and adding a couple of 2 man voraxes I'd be sitting on 1830pts. Just need to figure out where to go from there, would I probrably need a 3rd controller on the board or just try to fit in more guns?
>>
>>44780277
I bought the last one. CCON doesn't actually have anymore. He only made a handful of them.
>>
>>44780311

Give it a good home m80.

I settled for a sicarian and a deredeo
>>
File: cortica primus.jpg (56KB, 501x350px) Image search: [Google]
cortica primus.jpg
56KB, 501x350px
>>44780209
I think the only things that are immune to lance are the Land Raider Achilles and Achilles-Alpha.

>>44780306
The relic is 30 points, so it's a perfect substitution for the Photon Thruster. I actually use the PT as a proxy choice in Battlescribe right now since the roster file is such a mess at the moment. If you do end up using the relic you may want to include a second Dominus; your ArchDom will buff units of more than one robot while the other Dom buffs single models (like your Thanatar).

If you don't wanna go full blob with the Vorax unit just run a single unit of three Vorax. FW sells them in packs of three so that makes more sense than two units of two.

Lastly I'd still throw either more Tech-Thralls or a Triaros in that list so that you have scoring. The new Machine Creature rule makes all your Castellax *never* count as scoring units regardless of Force Org type or mission, which makes Maelstrom of War a bit of a challenge for LC.
>>
>>44780501
I think it might be important to point out that technically the relics aren't part of the list, except for campaigns and with opponents permission, as of the last FAQ.
>>
>>44780569
Correct, but I think most opponents would be okay with letting you use them. It's definitely something you want to discuss with them beforehand.
>>
>>44780501
Thanks, so adding in another tech thrall unit and a Triaros it so far looks like this:

Archmagos Dominus (w) Familiar, Machinator, Abeyant, Cortis - 250pts

Magos Auxilia (Lac) (w) Cortex Controller, Familiar, Laslocks x4 - 109pts

Adsecularis Covenant x16 (w) Chainblades, Frags, Rite, Cpc Arm, Revenant - 138pts

Triaros (w) Blessed Auto - 140pts

Adsecularis Covenant x12 (w) Rite, Revenant - 81pts

Castellax x2 (w) Enhanced Targeting Array - 240pts

Castellax x2 (w) Ehanced Targeting Array, Darkfire Cannons - 280pts

Vorax x3 (w) Frags - 210pts

Thanatar Cynis (w) Searchlight, Enhanced Targeting Array - 291pts

The total now comes to a point shy of 2k. Does it appear to be more reasonable? I know I'll be hurting on objectives, but I guess it'll make it all the more fun.
>>
New Thread

>>44780948
>>44780948
>>
>>44775731
>why is there a homebrew in OP?
Someone thought it was useful.
>Is it a widely used one?
Doubtful, it seems pretty new. Having said that, every now and then someone posts a battle report about their own custom Great Crusade Orks battle, or playing "Space Hulk" using legion rules (or just Zone Mortalis). So it looks like it's mostly taking a common idea that keeps getting done ad-hoc, and making the attempt to balance it for wider use.
>Should I tell my mates?
Umm, if you want?
>>
>>44780950
Yeah, that's pretty solid. The one last thing I'd try to find is ten points for Frag Grenades on the Castellax unit with just Maulers and ETA. The Initiative buff is one of the reasons you take LC instead of normal Taghmata so it's a shame to not sure them. Sure, it's more of a shooty unit, but Castellax are still great in combat and you want to be the one charging, not the one being charged. I'd probably set my thralls up differently but that's more personal preference. I'm not big on investing in their FNP since they're only T3 and get doubled out easily, but since you've even got the Auxilia in there I figured that was your tech for the list and it might be really good for your meta or something.
>>
This isn't 100% /HHG/ but it's sort of related and the /40kG/ thread died before anyone thought to remake it so here goes.

I'm thinking of including some tactical squad 30k power armor in a skitarii list, representing marines on loan (from some chapter too small/insignificant to fight without allies) and equipped with some truly ancient sets of power armor.

Now I've looked around for some archaic 30k and earlier power armor models but I'm coming up a bit short, ideally I'd like some Mark II through to Mark VI bits to kitbash with and make some really jury rigged looking marines, slathered in Adeptus Mechanicus skulls and cogs to show they come from Cult Mechanicus tech vaults.
Have already seen some stuff I'm considering from ForgeWorld and non-GW model retailers, but where else can you source most of your HH and earlier power armor from /HHG/?
>>
>>44781387

They could be Techmarine Aspirants. They sometimes saw service alongside Skitarii.
>>
File: ihsquadp5.jpg (74KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
ihsquadp5.jpg
74KB, 800x680px
>>44781387
The IH Tactical kit could work, although you'd need to replace their shoulderpads.
>>
>>44777749
>Preferred Enemy: Unpainted
That's hilariousawesome.
>>
>>44781440
Ah thanks, that does seem to help justify it from a lore perspective. Might even take a Techmarine Aspirant 'counting as' a servitor to help my Enginseer repair vehicles.
>>44781463
Yarr I do like their helmets and torsos! With some minor converting they could really fit with the rest of my Skitarii, thanks!
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.