[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG Counterfeits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 26

File: proxy-cards.jpg (78KB, 891x501px) Image search: [Google]
proxy-cards.jpg
78KB, 891x501px
Okey whoever is recommending stoneman, don't. Hes absolutely shit. Every card from the 20 I ordered looks like it was printed on a home printer and the top cut with a scissor.

Are there actually any good vendors?
>>
Could you post some examples then? Because the only one from him I've ever received where the cut was fucked up was a single Tarmogoyf and he gave me a discount after I told him about it.
>>
All purchasable counterfeits are pretty much garbage at this point. The only reason to bother with them is if you're too lazy to print them out yourself, but you end up paying several hundred times what it cost to print them.

Stoneman had some literal shills here, but once a few idiots actually bought the cards and revealed how half-assed the product was, it seems that those shills disapp-

>>44708073
Oh, you're back.
>>
File: 20160111_144850.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160111_144850.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>44708073
Here. Its really hard to capture with a camera, but almost all of my cards look like this

>>44708114
I bought from some random aliexpress chink last time but at least some of the cards he sent me were playable. They just look wrong, even trough double sleeving you catch the color and print issues. Some of them dont even fit into double sleeves.
>>
>>44708114
I'm not a shill just because some people had some bad luck. Stoneman legitimately has the best looking fakes around, I have personally bought from seven different Chinamen before him. Everyone else sells shit that's either too thick or too blurry to ever fool anyone.

>>44708134
You should complain about these to him then, all of my copies were good enough to not even need to use the sleeve trick.
>>
>>44708167
I can post the other ones too, the cavern is actually the only one that looks/feels like a real card, except is has the biggest miscut of them all.
Yeah I already wrote him.
I mean, the delivery was there insanely fast, china to europe is normally 16 to 20 days and it took the package maybe 4 days. Also he put in a lot of extra cards, but the important thing, the cards itself are just shit
>>
>>44708184

So the lesson today pals is dont fucking buy counterfeits and get a better job/dont be a jewish and buy your singles in the secondary market.
>>
Shit. I just want some fake fetches and goyfs. So no one has any passable?
>>
ayy lmao nice try scg

the false flagging could not be more obvious
>>
>>44707901
Why are you buying counterfeit cards? You can get legit booster boxes for like ~100$. And Cardkingdom has all the singles you could want
>>
>>44709327
Because im a poor student who wants to actually play magic
>>
>>44709337
This. What are the sites
>>
>>44708167
Surely from all them different chinamen you couldve bought real and came out on top or equal still?
>>
>>44709337
I sold all my cards when i was 18 (mistake), and i bought 4 booster boxes in the last 2 months because some people i work with play it (im 26 now.)
Just pay the 100 for a box man you can make multiple decks out of it and its not wasted like counterfiet cards
>>
like why are you paying money for fake shit instead of paying money for actual cards.
Guy i work with today was telling me he got 100 cards for 5$ at a local gaming place. No rares but 100 random commons and uncommons its easy to make a deck
>>
>>44709417
lmao. Buying boxes is so bad value. If I wanted to play kitchen table youre right, but im in a competitive t1/t2 heavy meta and playgroup
>>
>>44709449
alright buy fake cards then, faggot. I said cardkingdom was my place for singles, but I play the game for fun.
>>
>>44709461
Im playing for fun, but its not fun to pay 500$+ for a decent deck. This way im paying ~50$ and still have fun. Whats the problem, its not like fake cards play differently than normal ones
>>
>>44708722
>don't be Jewish
>spend hundreds or thousands on cards in a commodity market cornered on a level that would make even Vanderbilt blush

got it boyo
>>
>>44710714

Just don't play MtG

If we can all stop playing MtG then perhaps something will change.
>>
>>44707901
Try Villa Zheng, you can see his videos on youtube
>>
>>44709390
I buy both real and fake expensive cards actually. What else am I going to spend my paycheck on, a woman? Hahah. I already had a playset of real goyfs by the time I bought from Stoneman, but it helps to compare quality when you have a real version of the fake you're looking at.
>>
>>44710793

Stop buying mtg product you mean

No reason to stop playing a great game simply because the distribution of the game pieces is a massive scam that is easily worked around with proxies and fakes
>>
File: AinsleyHat.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
AinsleyHat.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>buy real product for 100 bucks
or
>buy fake product for 95 dollars, and it looks like ass
>>
>>44707901
If the cards could pass as real they wouldn't be sold as proxies, they'd be sold as real for the real card's price.
>>
>>44712572
Fakes are worth like two to four bucks top desu senpai. Even less when bought in bulk for distributing on ebay and pucatrade.
>>
>>44707901
This might come as a surprise to you but all the threads about fake cards and people recommending Stoneman were actually just shill threads. You fell for a not very elaborate ruse. That's what you get for giving shit people money to give you shit fake cards. You should have spent your money elsewhere.
>>
>>44710793
>>44711884
>perhaps something will change

Yeah, they'll stop making new Magic products, you intelligent person.
>>
>>44712866
not 100% true.
i bought "proxies" and they turned out good. they werent perfect, and some you could tell were fakes, but i had no issue letting the players know that i proxies.

none of them cared because i only go up to my LGS for free play night. i dont think trying to go into a FNM or something would be a great idea unless your store allows proxies (but i usually only see proxies allowed for vintage)
>>
>>44712866
Star City Game shills please go
>>
>>44713069
>not living in glorious Europe with no big stores controlling the secondary MtG market
>tfw just buying from other players online most of the time

Bretty gud. Fuck fake cards an the shit people who benefit from them.
>>
>>44713069
That's Mr. Star of David Games Shill to you, good sir!
>>
>>44713429
Back in my day shills showed each other respect. Regardless of who they were shilling for.
>>
theres no way to play MTG unless you have a lot of extra money to spend, or youre okay with building decks from piles of random cards, or counterfeits. I like the game, but its just not worth it at all for me anymore. Plus 2/3 of players are super competitive assholes that cant have fun unless they win every single game
>>
>>44712572
>buy real product for 100 bucks
or
>buy fake product and save 95 dollars, and it looks looks indistinguishable sleeved

ftfy
>>
A shill vs shill battle royale. It's like watching toddlers wrestle to death.

This is hilarious. Carry on.
>>
File: Stoneman1 - Copy.jpg (602KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Stoneman1 - Copy.jpg
602KB, 1280x960px
These are the proxies I bought approximately a year ago.

These are the shit ones. You can play Where's Waldo and find the problems. Some of the lands have the Tarmogoyf spacing issue too.

However, it also needs to be said that the rest, namely every other card you can imagine were more or less immaculate. There was no way you could tell it was fake card when it was sleeved.
>>
File: Stoneman2 - Copy.jpg (540KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Stoneman2 - Copy.jpg
540KB, 1280x960px
>>44715539
>>
File: Stoneman3 - Copy.jpg (602KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Stoneman3 - Copy.jpg
602KB, 1280x960px
>>44715539
The Goblin Guide is a Mythic
>>
>>44715539
they look fine enough to me in a sleeve, your opponent would be looking at them at distance and upside down, i don' think he's gonna compare in the middle of a game
>>
File: Stoneman4 - Copy.jpg (664KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Stoneman4 - Copy.jpg
664KB, 1280x960px
>>44715539
The Splinter Twin is perfect with absolutely no problems. The over-smoothness of the card obviously cannot be felt while inside a sleeve.

I cannot speak of the quality of the cards today. It would be too bad if they went to shit because with one revision in Photoshop we would have had the perfect product.
>>
>>44715609
this goblin guide is very dissapointing thought
>>
>>44715679
Yes, it is disappointing.

But then you remind yourself that you've been playing with over $10,000 of other cards (not using these cards to avoid getting caught) for the price of $250.

Again, I have no idea what the quality is like now. Maybe Wizards successfully ruined the distribution of the good shit. Maybe those stupid fucking White Knights on Reddit should have realized there was a fucking problem with card pricing and counterfeits offered a pro-consumer solution that Wizards wasn't making any goddamn effort to solve.
>>
>>44715810
My only regret was not buying a Vintage set, eight more copies of Liliana of the Veil, Dark Confidant, and another entire playset of fetches, original duals, and shocklands.
>>
>>44715810
I'm planing on buy some, but as i'm a poorfag, i don't have anything to compare
>>
>>44709417
The decks you will be making won't be worth playing, this is terrible advice
>>
>>44709417
Worst advice ever
>>
>>44707901
Differentfag. Ordered from Stone Man in early December. Most of the cards are painfully obvious fakes.

The only decent ones are Arid Mesa, Splinter Twin, Grove of the Burnwillows, Thoughtseize THS, Overgrown Tomb RTR and MAYBE Liliana of the Veil. Don't buy from him
>>
>>44716857
Splinter twin is good enough to sell?
>>
>>44717166
None of them are good enough to sell.
>>
File: MTGproxy.jpg (81KB, 1133x598px) Image search: [Google]
MTGproxy.jpg
81KB, 1133x598px
Just bought this from a chink at aliexpress.

What can I expect?

I paid $8.60 btw not its current price.
>>
>>44717166
Depends at what price. Some people won't care it's a fake. They just want to have one in their deck.
>>
>>44715810
I had a different set

Goblin Guide has its rarity fixed
Tarmo has the text spacing issue fixed
Lily still hasn't been fixed (white in the set symbol)
Most of the onslaught fetches will pass
The shocklands need to be played more, their colors aren't faded enough
Arid Mesa and Marsh Flats are good, the rest are bad
>S c a l d i n g T a r n
>C r y p t i c C o m m a n d
TNN is only playable in proxy formats, so no big deal
Jace is obvious
Flusterstorm is perfect, so I broke even.

Eidolon and Goryo's Vengence are FUCKED
Both Theros and OG Thoughtseize are shit
Oldamog will pass, but Cozy and Emma are obvious

The inconsistent quality is what pisses me off. Still got well over $60 in passable quality so I'm okay. The rest goes into a cube and casual decks, so it's not going to complete waste
>>
>>44718259
You ordered from Stone Man? Can I see your Tarmogoyf? What about THS Thoughtseize?
>>
Anybody ever seen a real card with a border like >>44708134 but less apparent? I'm looking at an 8th edition blood moon i bough on ebay a year ago and am starting to wonder...
>>
>>44717275
Was there a code or something to get it for 10 bucks?
>>
>>44718899
Nah it was some sale.

Still wondering about the QUALITY of the cards that I'll be getting, and looking at this thread it will be barely passable unless you start finding the errors.
>>
>>44718415
You got fleeced.
>>
>>44717275
Blue core is shit, you should buy only black core
>>
Is worth to buy the 10 dollars 10 cards pack of test? they come random
>>
>>44718259
I wish the people who had the counterfeits had a means of revealing themselves to other people with counterfeits so we can trade our "shit" cards.

I'd happily trade you passable Thoughtseizes for your shit Scalding Tarns.
>>
>>44712866
All of my cards from Stoneman were top quality and pass in the tournaments I've played them in. Yeah, yeah, some people will call me a "shill," but my advice is to spend the ~$10 to buy a few and make the decision for yourself. Worse comes to worse, you're out $10, but if they're good (which they are) then you'll have great cards for the low price of $10. Try it.
>>
>>44719430
The problem with Stoneman is that he was just one supplier, prominent on 4chan. Everyone selling sold the same stuff, these preconstructed packs of 56 cards. I could not find the source of these cards, probably because I couldn't understand their shitty English and I can't read Chinese. If I had the source I would have told them what to improve, just so we can get perfect shit - literally telling them the perfect purity of coke that will sell best on the market.

There were people offering customer sets of entirely custom 56 cards, which I purchased too. These cards were "perfect" but they were basically medium-resolution images printed on matte playing card stock. They had the issue of everything looking washed out and bolder text and you can easily tell they were fake just by reading the artist line. However, from across the table there was no telling.

I can't believe people back then were complaining about Stoneman (and others') preconstructed sets. They were pretty fucking real looking. Now he and the others are gone, selling some sub-par quality shit.

The people who bought in initially got the good shit. I know because I'm one of them. I'm so sorry that some of you lost out on the opportunity. It could just as easily exploded in my face and I lost $50 for a set. But I think it was a safe bet, Stoneman was shilling right here the whole time; his shill was posting pictures and confirming the problems other people were having and when I received them they matched my issues. His shill was one thing, fully transparent, which in many ways didn't make him a shill at all.

I blame the community on this one. They condemned the electric car option that would galvanize Wizards to fix their shit. And now, look, prices are as bad as ever. Grove of the Burnwillows spiked to $50 due to Living End and Tron using it when I bought my fakes; now it's $100 fucking dollars.
>>
>>44719709
Totally agree.

All I know is that I've purchased my counterfeits from Stoneman when they were good (mostly fetchlands and other high-end Modern stuff), and I've already traded/sold it away for profit. I made out like a bandit, and that's really all I care about. After all, if no one is able to tell the difference between a fake and a real card, then is the "fake" really fake?

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :D
>>
>>44719857
I do not condone selling the fakes to people.

I would not put my reputation on the line by trading/selling these fakes; but given the circumstances, you're right, if nobody knows they're fake they will just be like any other card. You essentially sold a substitute product at the going market rate as far as I'm concerned because it's just a fucking piece of paper.

When this game's eternal formats die due to price barriers either Wizards will throw players a lifeline or people will still be moaning about meaningless shit like lore or "why isn't Snapcaster a red card."
>>
>>44719984
>I would not put my reputation on the line by trading/selling these fakes
I don't put my reputation on the line. I go to large GP events and have one of my cute female friends who plays the game casually go and trade/sell the cards. That way, if they ever got caught (which they haven't), the plan is for them to claim they traded for the card themselves a few weeks ago at their LGS and start crying. Basically, it's the "sobbing cute vulnerable girl" tactic. No one's going to accuse to qt3.14 nerd girl who's sobbing about getting ripped off herself. :D
>>
>>44715630
>Man, thats crazy, I could have sworn Bob was a 2/1
>wait a minute...
>JUDGE!
>>
Errors on dis video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdMrypuBl0o
>>
>>44717275
I got this the other day for my cube at home

The cards are much lighter than their real counterparts, and a lot thinner. They will pass double sleeved for certain cards from across the table, but not along side the real ones or up close.
>>
>>44720493
Most of the set symbols are wrong. And all of them are cut like shit. You think it's not noticeable when you order them, but when you get them you feel like shit.
>>
>>44720644
What's the problem with the symbols anon? i see the eidolon is shit but i don't see the problem on symbols. even the goblin is at rare
>>
>>44721038
The outlines are very thick. Much thicker than normal.
>>
>>44719156
ah shit, least I got it before the spike. Back onto ebay it goes.
>>
I ordered a legacy set a while ago. It's pretty good to be honest. The cards have that glossy feeling, but they look good.

Double sleeved you really can't tell. I was able to sell some of the pieces off over craigslist. Just handed it to them double sleeved and in a top loader with tape on it. They never bothered to take it out and check it.

A couple eventually realized, but I was long gone by then.
>>
>>44719857
>>44720086
>and I've already traded/sold it away for profit. I made out like a bandit, and that's really all I care about
> :D
Here's hoping karma is a thing and you get what's coming to you.
>>
>>44717186
Lol

>>44720086
Ma nigga.
They are called "human proxies" btw. I have a network of acquaintences whom i cut in on selling fakes.
Made about $3500 so far.

>sell cards for cheap
>buyer thinks they are ripping me off
>in reality I'm ripping them off
>they are a victim of their own greed.
>>
File: Hadeseyeroll.gif (396KB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
Hadeseyeroll.gif
396KB, 400x223px
>>44722579
>being human garbage
This is why I make my own proxies for expensive cards, just too many morally bankrupt faggots floating around.
>>
Should i risk and order some of this proxies?
>>
>>44722697
>2016
>having morals

You know the world is literally kill or be killed. Nobody will be at your eulogy saying "anon had great morals" nobody gives a fuck.
>>
Are you all ordering from that chinese site?
>>
File: shrug.png (20KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
20KB, 275x200px
>>44722825
>You know the world is literally kill or be killed
You and I both know most people do have moral fiber, anon. If you want to revel in being shitty person, it's your life, but don't try and act like that's in any way the norm.
>>
>>44723045
Are you saying moral as in like... Every act of good and bad? If so, then OK. I wouldn't kill a child. Or kick a cat.

When it comes to making easy money from people who think they are ripping me off, I have no qualms.
>>
>>44722782
No. Read the read, they're fucking shit.
>>
>>44723192
>Read the read
Read the thread*
>>
File: chris confused.gif (298KB, 325x720px) Image search: [Google]
chris confused.gif
298KB, 325x720px
So why can't the Chinese get their shit together and print actual good counterfeits that don't suffer from mistakes or other glaring issues?
>>
File: zero-gshruggin.jpg (35KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
zero-gshruggin.jpg
35KB, 500x327px
>>44723117
>When it comes to making easy money from people who think they are ripping me off, I have no qualms
You're purposely misleading people for your own gain, which makes you a cunt. You can try and justify it however you like, but it's still immoral. No, I don't think that puts you on the same level as a pedophile or a murderer, but it still makes you a shitty person.
>>
>>44723270
But if I'm OK with it, what does it matter. To 99% of people you and I are the same. Except I have a bit of extra money.
>>
>>44723320
>I'm OK with it
>To 99% of people you and I are the same
Either you weren't brought up right, anon, or you're just a bad egg.
>>
>>44723353
Ok.
Dunno what you want me to say. You have a problem with it, I don't.
>>
>>44723381
Had hoped you might be reevaluate a bit, but if you take no shame in it then there really isn't much to say.
>>
So what is the best place to buy counterfeits/proxies? I'd like to buy into Modern/pimp out some EDH decks but I'd really prefer not to support an evil and greedy company just to play a fun game. Stone Man's look good in videos/photos, but are they actually bad? Is that guy mentioned higher up in the thread better? I honestly thought his didn't look too good.
>>
>>44723246
They're covering their ass. It's not forgery if you print Benjamins with mustaches.
That, bribes and having 2 billion soldiers are the three reasons China's counterfeiting industry is invulnerable.
>>
Found on Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/40kdsz/wizards_may_be_cracking_down_on_unsanctioned/

I'm starting to wonder if legal relationships is why "unofficial" video game tournaments never became a big thing before streaming existed.
>>
>>44722579
>Lol
I ordered a batch in December 2015 from Stone Man and they're really not good. Literally impossible to sell as real.
>>
>>44724210
Can you be specific about which set you got?

Was it a Modern, Vintage, or Legacy set? If it was a Modern was it the remix or "regular" Modern?

Because I've bought from him a lot a long while back. Do the cards have cutting issues like people have said? Has the text spacing actually gotten worse?
>>
>>44719709

I got some great stuff from SM. I'll take some pictures to post the next time we have one of these threads. Seriously, there were only a few obvious duds. Top, Jitte, Vampiric Tutor and 40 dual lands all look fucking great. I ordered 2 Vintage packs and 2 Legacy packs for around $200 last summer and only about 1/4 were duds.
>>
>>44724308
I'm glad you posted but I was addressing that poster specifically. I ordered cards at the same time you did and they had the same failure rate as you claimed, which means they were pretty fucking good.

I want to hear about the experience of the poster who bought cards just a month ago. I need to know specifically what aspect of the quality has gone to shit or if people are just dealing with minor issues like you and I have dealt with.

I need a Vintage set.
>>
>>44709484
>Whats the problem
Counterfeit is a crime. Might be a felony, actually. Not sure, I'm not American.

But as long as everyone you're playing with are aware that you're using expensive proxies because you're an asshat who don't know how to work a printer I assume it's ok. Just don't bring them to sanctioned tournaments and don't try to sell them as the real deal.
>>
>>44715539
>2/2 Dark Confidant
I'm pissing my pants
>>
>>44708722
>dont be a jewish

wizards are the jews
>>
>>44709417
the only way I can get by like that is by having booster drafts, but at that point, why the fuck am I playing MTG? The artificial scarcity is bullshit
>>
>>44724911
Sounds like TCGs aren't for you, anon. Why do you spend money on something you dislike?
>>
File: most powerful card.jpg (164KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
most powerful card.jpg
164KB, 480x680px
Hey /tg/
Any good sources/how to to printing your own cards? or reusing old cards as a base?

I'm not interested in selling proxies, I'm interested in making Personal cards
>>
>>44725300
Okay so you're gonna need foil cards. Now which ones you need depend on what you want.

Do you want Foil proxies, or Nonfoil proxies?
>>
>>44725377
So no source/link?

Just outline them both please?
>>
>>44725393
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFgjJC2etz0

The only thing you'd need to change to do non-foils is instead of using foils from the sets he suggested use foils from MM15. Just quickly soak a corner in acetone, and then slowly peel the foil off the card. You're left with a completely blank faced magic card. Then just follow all his other steps.
>>
>>44725468
Ignore >>44725487

Thanks you elegan/tg/entleman
>>
>>44725512
No problem. If you don't have the resources to follow that video, here is a budget option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEt1bsMvvZI

You just make the image file you want to use into an adobe acrobat file, put it on a USB stick, and bring it to any printing shop near you.

Tell them you want it on transparency paper and you should be set.
He shows in the video how to assemble the proxy using this method. It's basically the same, but instead of the printing paper already being sticky you have to put glue on yourself.
>>
>>44725563
>>44725468
OH. Be sure that either you use, or the printing company uses a laser printer. No ink. Ink is bad. It'll rub off before you can even gluve the damn card.
>>
>>44725609
thanks brah
>>
>>44725563
This might be in a similar vein, but any DIY on how to from scratch? I would assume it would be similar except for starting with a high quality card stock
>>
>>44725691
It's honestly not worth the time and effort from scratch.

Here. MM15 foils for $0.19 each. http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/modern-masters-2015/cloud-elemental

Acetone is like, $8 for a big bottle. Would last you a long ass time.

The printing and transparency paper are the real costs. Assuming a standard sheet of transparency paper, which holds 8 cards, costs $2.30 at your local print store.

You're looking at a single equation of card cost + printing cost + acetone cost. And we'll add shipping to the card cost. Going to guess you can deface about 200 foils with a 16oz bottle of acetone.

$0.21 + $0.29 + $0.04 is your total card cost for making a nonfoil proxy. It equals $0.54.

And I just looked, and it's the exact same cost for foil proxies as well. Cause you can do the deinking thing on DTK foils.

TL;DR - It's cheaper to just deface/deink foils on your own than try to make your own cards.
>>
>>44725816
So....you could theoretically make the entire 2015 Holiday Cube (which is 540 cards) for about $300?

That's pretty fuckin sick.
>>
>>44725816
Thanks for the further info

I was actually thinking of non rectangular/standard playing cards

you know, the regular,
pentagons,
pentagrams,
Möbius strips, and other non euclidean geometry

just needed a card altering primer
>>
File: kipP5Z3.jpg (842KB, 2937x2203px) Image search: [Google]
kipP5Z3.jpg
842KB, 2937x2203px
There is hope

I have a seller who is outta some Asian country and their product is amazing

foreign copies are great here's a link if anybodies interested to look at them

the feel to them is shit and some of them have some bad miscuts but, it's an easy fix with an exacto knife

fuck china

imgur .com/gallery/9FQro/new
>>
>>44712866
I got the old batch from like six months ago, 4 of the Modern Set and 4 of the Legacy set. The card pool he offered was different, but in the meantime I've played in Modern and Legacy Opens, GPTs, FNMs and other events without anyone batting an eye. I can make any deck in Modern or Legacy and often do. I can't speak for the quality of the new batch, but my friend got a playset of Modern ones and most of them are great. Colonnades are obviously unsleeved but double-sleeved look identical to my "real" ones. Heritage Druid, Remand and Serum Visions are noticeably off due to alignment and colors (the Heritage Druid's mana symbols are too bright, for one), Batterskull's type line is a little low but not super noticeable. Cabal Therapy and Dark Depths came in the set (for some bizarre reason) and are both perfect looking. The gloss on the new batch is way less noticeable than on my batches, that's for sure, but mine went away with play.

tl;dr six months ago I spent 400 on every Legacy and Modern staple, and they all look flawless and have passed scrutiny countless times, but going off my friend's batch I don't know if I'd drop that same kind of dosh on the current stuff. The new stuff has a lot of fine, passable fakes, but the errors are much more noticeable, whereas the old stuff I got had more cards with super subtle errors and therefore overall more passable.
>>
>>44726095
I just checked my emails, the batches I ordered were the ones that were new in July of 2015, just for reference
>>
>>44726088
Every single set symbol is slightly wrong. Also the colors are wrong. Too light.
>>
>>44725816
Any DIY for non foil bases?
>>
>>44725468
>>44726467
>The only thing you'd need to change to do non-foils is instead of using foils from the sets he suggested use foils from MM15. Just quickly soak a corner in acetone, and then slowly peel the foil off the card. You're left with a completely blank faced magic card. Then just follow all his other steps.

Completely blank meaning white, nonfoil.

This guy does it alright.
https://youtu.be/bFgieDT0qOg?t=3m38s

Though you can just dip the edge in acetone and then catch the edge with your fingertip and peel from there.

The acetone will separate the foiled printing from the white card stock. Then you just have to sort of peel it off. Now keep in mind this only works with certain sets like Modern Masters 2015. They had an exceptionally shit foiling process, which is why you can take the entire face off. Fairly easily.
>>
>>44726580
Yes you already said that

I mean start with a mtg card that is not foil to being with
>>
>>44726608
Not really. You could try rubbing acetone on a normal card. See if it eventually works.
>>
>>44708167
>I have personally bought from seven different Chinamen before him. Everyone else sells shit that's either too thick or too blurry to ever fool anyone.
You're either a liar or an idiot then. I did like 20 minutes of research last summer when I was looking for good fakes and found 2 Chinese companies that both sold excellent fakes.
Nice job exposing your ignorance though.

For anyone wondering, one has a name that is half American and half Chinese while the other one is worldly and somewhat celestial.
>>
>>44717275
I dunno about blue core but from the two sellers I bought from, their 'black core' was perfect.
>>
>>44726811
I ordered bluecore from an ali seller named after a meeting dwelling, seemed to have good reviews, though I am skeptical, I figure its either a fun investment, or a 15$ lesson.
>>
go-guys, don't buy these shit quality proxies from rockboy! Not only is it bad and wrong and literally stealing, they're shit anyway

Always buy your magic cards from us- I mean a reputable and friendly merchant like Star City Games!
>>
>>44727465
i always found it ironic that "star city" sounds life "scarcity" which the former falsely makes to drive up prices
>>
>>44724261
Mixed Set.

The text box usually has horrible pacing.
Some cards like Karn and Opal are the wrong color (very noticeable).
No cutting problem. Just shit looking.
>>
There are really good counterfeiters out there, ones that you pretty much need a loupe to tell they are producing fakes. However, they also are using similar machines to the ones that are used to print the originals and actually do some quality control on their print runs.

>>44718415
No, >>44708134 is an obvious fake, and not just because of the border.
>>
>>44709327
>legit booster boxes
Kill yourself you mongoloid.

People who're buying fakes aren't the kind of retards who're wasting money on the booster lottery. People want to play eternal formats without spending 400 dollars on a playset of an uncommon counterspell that isn't even on the reserve list
>>
>>44724479
>Counterfeit is a crime
So?
>>
>>44728224
Someoneisntapaladin.jpg
>>
Question for those of you who are saying your cards were bad, are you posting negative feedback on the sellers' pages?
>>
>>44722579
>>44722825
>>44723117
>>44723320
>>44723381
>You know the world is literally kill or be killed.

>2016
>literally being Flowey

What's the matter Anon, did your mother not love you enough?
>>
Okey, since everyone is posting I'll post my stuff here too.
Everything slightly varies tho.

Stoneman:
This might be really just a product issue. (Im OP), almost all of the cards where heavily miscut at the top. I'll rate them without that.
Shocks - Passable in sleeves, otherwise too washed out and not enough dpi
Paths - Perfectly passable, except not enough dpi
Breeding Pool & Cavern - Good
Damnation - Didnt even order that one. Looks really good, altough still not sellable (Im not selling them obviously, just as an grading)
Goblin Guide - Absolutely terrible. One was ok with sleeves, the other one is way too red.

Some random chink from aliexpress:
The only thing stoneman had better was the feeling. The stoneman cards felt almost perfect, these ones not so much, you can definetly tell the difference.
Blood Moon - Perfect. Looks and feels exactly like a real one (the only one that felt good)
Bitterblossom - Looks good, but a bit too washed out
Spellskite - Also almost perfect, the phyrexian symbol was a tiny tiny bit washed out, everything else was good
Pact of Negation - Jesus. These were really washed out, like the blue was almost white. Also one of them had a big white streak on the bag, from printing not from damage
>>
>>44729206
what random chinamen?
>>
>>44729237
Weird, I just looked in my orders and found this:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DIY-mtg-proxy-cards-blue-core-black-core-set-mtg-cards-test-quality-magic-proxy-gathering/1988258_32526832843.html
Altough I remember ordering a lot cheaper and from a different seller, I dunno.
But I also think almost everyone is the same, I remember researching a bit and almost everyone would send me the same list of cards that can get printed
>>
>>44729281
>>44729237
oops, here is the actual order:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/72pcs-DIY-white-core-mtg-proxy-cards-mtg-cards-magic-proxy-gathering-all-the-cards-lion/32473389097.html
>>
Bumping because Stone Man is shit and I might post pics of the Mixed Set soon
>>
>>44730623
And what about the older modern set? Is shit too?
>>
>>44730738
Probably.
>>
>>44717275
so what, you just email him what card you want or something?
>>
>>44730890
You buy the lot, and say in the order message what cards you want yeah
>>
>>44730899
whats the best retailer youve purchased from?
this question goes for everyone in the thread really.
im looking at http://www.aliexpress.com/item/72pcs-factory-made-proxy-mtg-cards-lion-recommended-customized-m15-dual-lands-power-9-blue-white/32456302230.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2%2Csearchweb201644_4_10001_10002_10005_10006_10003_10004_62%2Csearchweb201560_1%2Csearchweb1451318400_6148&spm=2114.031010208.3.12.mGxIl9 right now because some of the people in this thread said black core is the way to go. any experience with this seller?
>>
>>44730972
Dont know that one, he has good ratings so I dont think hes complete shit. You can also try to contact them via skype to get only one or two cards shipped to see how their quality is. And yes, always order black core.
>>
>>44707901
Why would you want such good fakes for tabletop casual OP? You do only want to play casual, right? That's what lots keen on counterfeits say, they want a pile of Jaces and Goyfs for casual, not tournaments or trying to palm them off in trades for genuine cards. You wouldn't be trying to do that would you OP?
>>
>>44730992
thanks for the quick reply
any recommendations youve dealt with in the past? maybe some to stay away from? just looking to get 1 or 2 cards
>>
>>44731036
in my case i want goyf to play my local fnm.
>>
>>44731036
Huh? But I want to play with them in tournaments

>>44731047
Here: Just order 3 of each card you want. Most of them should be passable, at least in sleeves.
>>44729307
>>
>>44731181
thanks
>>
>>44728894
Because I'm not held down by your social weaknesses means my mom didnt love me?
Just taking advantage of a situation.

If people knew they would get away with something, I guarentee your place would have been broken into 100 times over. Mine to.
>>
I might post pictures I swear. Look at Stone Man's Mixed Set and ask me what you want to take a pic and review for you (but do keep in mind they are shit tier quality)
>>
>>44734496
Tarmos, Karn and Groove plz
>>
What do you think of these?
http://imgur.com/a/4ELhR
>>
hey proxyfags, someone said the glossy feel will wear if you shuffle them enoug without sleeves, anyone wanna try?
>>
>>44734569
Grove is ok but if you look closely you see it's pixely.
Goyf textbox has too much spacing and the set symbol isn't sharp enough.
Karn is too dark.
>>
File: 20160112_171823.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160112_171823.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>44735204
Forgot pic
>>
>>44735259
Maybe i can get gr tron after all
>>
>>44734636

Look great to me
>>
>>44735462
People will notice. I don't own the originals but I can tell all three of these are fake (it's not as noticeable on a picture, you just have to trust me).

Karn is really really dark. Grove will likely pass if nobody bothers checking your cards though.
>>
>>44735582
I will try with double sleeve, at least for groove
>>
>>44734496
Did it have stoneforge mystic? Just to be prepared if unban
>>
>>44735834
>I'll just double sleeve my deck to make it harder to identify counterfeits
>this won't look suspicious at all
>>
>>44735834
Grove is double sleeved and looks fine. But pray people won't look closely at your cards.

Karn is no good.
>>
>>44735918
Nope. And honestly you should have bought them while they were cheap lol. It has been 20 for quite some time.

I only ordered the four Mixed Sets because I missed the boat on enemy fetchlands. And they're overall not good.
>>
>>44736028
>He has his cards double sleeved
> wait! JUDGE!
That sounds aufully autistic
>>
>>44708722
Shut the fuck up you SCG/TCGPlayer shilling piece of shit.
>>
>>44722558
>Here's hoping karma is a thing and you get what's coming to you.
Shit in one hand, and put fulfilled hopes in the other. Tell me which one fills up first.
>>
>>44722697
>>44722579

> implying there's an inherit morality to a card game where neckbeards pretend to be wizards

Oh man, you moralfags really are a joke.
>>
>>44724479
Correction: It's a crime to make the counterfeits and to sell them. That said, it is not illegal to purchase and/or possess counterfeits. You armchair lawyers are a joke.
>>
>>44736734
>>44736681
>>44736658
>discussing morals on an anonymous post about buying counterfeits
Obvously logic
>>
>>44722825
the edge is real,don't cut yourself on that fedora of yours sonny. it's a shame you just literally can't into being a decent human being
>>
>>44734636
Am I missing something? Where the fuck did these come from?
>>
>>44737769
Are you kidding me? These fucking suck. You can tell right away they are fake except maybe Arid Mesa and Marsh Flats and the duals.
>>
>>44731181
so do i have to email him for a list of the cards he prints? i need imperial recruiter, do you think he'd do that?
>>
>>44738044
Yes. also buy more than a playset (6-8) for missprints
>>
>>44738294
I play EDH, so do you think 2 of each card I need would be safe? Or should I get 3?
>>
>>44731475
>implying not immediately surrendering to the most base of instinctual self-gratification is a weakness
You do realize that if you were right, being a dipshit would be the default, because it's the easiest option?

If you're blind to everything but money it's probably because you're a materialistic faggot with a mediocre life who'll never amount to anything.
it certainly isn't a strength to take the easy way out.
>>
>>44738655
>implying you cant be successful by being materialistic
spoken like a true goyim
>>
>>44728533
>following the law of the land, and not JUSTICE
Someoneislawfulstupid.jpg
>>
>>44738354
maybe, 3 i think
>>
>>44726088
That Metalworker is garbage though
>>
>>44712572
More like
>buy real card for $25, $50, $100+ dollars, then repeat until you have a full deck
or
>buy entire deck full of counterfeits of $25, $50, $100+ dollar cards for $100 total
>>
Does anyone have any experience buying from swzheng99?
>>
>>44736681
>implying there's an inherit morality to a card game
We're discussing the immorality of swindling others here, dipshit.
>>
>>44739114
i think is the same villa zheng, there is a video up
>>
So what's the consensus on legacy staples?
All anyone needs to play Delver variants are the duals, fetches and FoWs, and that's all I'm interested in.
>>
>>44739468
Some duals are very bad, even a poorfag like me knows, and i have never de seen a real dual
>>
File: dis gon b gud.gif (1MB, 350x191px) Image search: [Google]
dis gon b gud.gif
1MB, 350x191px
> there's currently a shitstorm raging on social media because WotC thought it would be a good idea to completely forbid proxies in WPN stores, even for unsanctioned events and fucking casual play
> if stores don't comply, they revoke the WPN rights, which means no more cheap product
> cards with sharpies are "counterfeits" according to Wizards, completely going against the official definition by law
>>
File: wotc.png (168KB, 619x508px) Image search: [Google]
wotc.png
168KB, 619x508px
>>44741018
>>
>>44741018
>Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. As we discussed we received information concerning some questionable or undesirable activity that occurred at your store. We understand many of these issues stem from misconceptions or miscommunications and I have summarized what we discussed below.
>Magic events (sanctioned and unsanctioned) can only allow genuine Magic: The Gathering cards.
>Proxy cards are substitute cards created solely by judges in sanctioned tournaments pursuant to the official tournament rules. These substitutes are allowed when authorized game cards become unplayable during a sanctioned tournament because of damage or excessive wear.
>Counterfeit cards are copies or reproductions of actual Wizards trading cards, whether or not they are identified as non-genuine. The creation and distribution of counterfeits violate United States and international copyright laws and negatively affects the integrity of Wizards’ trading card games. Counterfeits are strictly prohibited, even for personal, non-commercial use.
The relevant sections of the email, from the Facebook of the store in question.
>>
>>44741018
Soon WotC and Games Workshop will be in the same graveyard with most of the big Video Games companies.
>>
>>44741161
Still ambiguous. This will start cramping stores who think they're complying but all it takes is one butt-hurt that guy to ruin everything.
>>
>>44741101
>>44741161
>>44741194
Trick Jarrett made an official statement on the matter, which is pretty ill-received:

> Hey folks, I checked into this and here’s what I can tell you:

> First is an important clarification: Proxy cards are substitute cards created solely by judges in sanctioned tournaments. These substitutes are allowed when authorized game cards become unplayable during a sanctioned tournament because of damage or excessive wear. Unauthorized reproductions of our game are a type of counterfeit, and we want business partners to help us in discouraging counterfeit Magic.

> I know that feels crazy, that we regard marker on a card as a counterfeit, but remove the visual accuracy from the judgment – they serve identical purposes when it comes to game play.

> Counterfeit cards are prohibited in sanctioned events, sounds like most people are on board with that. And based on Wizards’ Code of Conduct, we have started to ask stores not to organize unsanctioned events with counterfeit cards. And to be clear, no one we’ve communicated with recently has been suspended or punished as far as I know. We’ve talked to some stores on the difference between counterfeit and proxy cards, and are asking WPN to stores to work with us in protecting our intellectual property.

> Wizards wants partners in the WPN to make sure stores are welcoming environments, not use our characters in offensive images, and any number of actions that protect Magic experiences. We don’t condone counterfeit cards, and we expect stores to respect that. WPN stores are our partners and we expect them to help us protect our intellectual property.

> We know players love Magic and love playing its variety of formats, including Vintage and Legacy. Some formats are easier to get into than others and these two are hard.
>>
>>44740894
I thought some of the Moxen looked like dogshit until I looked up actual Moxen and realized they look like dogshit to begin with.

>>44741018
Wizards has always forbid proxies at WPN stores. It's not new news. People having a shitstorm are just ignorant fucks although some stores have only just been given warnings against hosting unsanctioned proxy tournaments, which brought this whole thing up.

But instead of being mature adults about it and talking to Wizards about it these stores had to go have a crybaby circle jerk on Reddit, and that's not just shitting on Reddit, that's the general quality of their discussions - crying about meaningless shit while the real problems go ignored. Look at the fucking posts, they are so fucking close to ripping a hole into the fact that cards are too fucking expensive but they aren't outright saying it.

This would never have been a problem if people did two things:
a) not fucking advertising you are hosting a proxy tournament on your goddamn store website/facebook
b) not reporting your store to Wizards like a snitch because you get all bitchy about people having fun

There are two issues in Magic: issues that prevent people from enjoying the game in a convenient manner and profitable to the store (fair cost barrier to entry, software stability, card availability) and issues that are not the above. We waste so much fucking time talking about shit that doesn't get more players playing the game.

This whole goddamn thing would be not an issue if everyone just silently agreed with Wizards and just continued hosting this proxy tournaments anyways.
>>
File: 7drHiqrh.gif (973KB, 312x213px) Image search: [Google]
7drHiqrh.gif
973KB, 312x213px
>>44741266
It begins... This is the happening to kill WotC.
>>
>>44741018
>>44741161
>>44741266
Make a new thread so other anons can join.
>>
>>44741266
> We know players love Magic and love playing its variety of formats, including Vintage and Legacy. Some formats are easier to get into than others and these two are hard.

This just feels like Jarrett is thumbing his nose at us.
>>
>>44741312
No it won't. Nothing will kill Magic. Do you have any idea what portion of the player base as well as new players have no fucking clue about anything happening in Magic? I mean just no idea that new sets come out until they actually step into a store?

I'm just going to throw a figure out there based on what has been said in conversations with store owners and say that 75% of players don't know who the fuck Mark Rosewater or Richard Garfield is.

This whole fiasco is just another thing regulated to the Internet. Kitchen table players are blissfully unaware.
>>
>>44741362
Then it's time to make them aware... expose the pro players as the shills they are. Kill WOTC's rep by having stores suddenly reducing gaming opportunities and when people wonder why Magic's gotten boring, point them to this...

This is gold waiting to be mined!
>>
>>44741342
He's not doing anything malicious. He's doing two things:
- he is acknowledging that he is aware there's a problem with accessibility of well loved formats
- without offering a solution to that statement he is making no promises that the company will make an effort to improve accessibility to those formats

A statement structured like that means he is doing his job perfectly. He isn't admitting there is a problem ("hard" is not a problem) and therefore there is no problem to demand a solution or effort on their part.
>>
>>44741442
fuck da list
>>
>>44741392
What?

I just said they don't give a fuck. They don't care who the pros are, they don't care about what Wizards does, and they certainly don't find the game boring. They are ecstatic as fuck when they see new shit on the shelves, that's all they want. You will not convince them to care about bigger issues than that, because if they gave a fuck, they wouldn't be buying their Magic at a place like Target or Walmart who doesn't have to host anything to be able to stock product whereas stores have to bend over backwards just for the privilege of wholesale sealed product prices.

I'm not faulting kitchen table players. Ignorance is bliss. You can literally kill every person who shows up any event more competitive than a prerelease (FNM or higher) and most brick and mortar store owners will probably see very little affecting their bottom line, in fact they'd probably be thrilled to not have to waste the labor sorting cards and hosting events for peanut fees when their kitchen table crew continues to buy a couple boxes every couple months.
>>
>>44741442
>he is acknowledging that he is aware there's a problem
>he isn't admitting there is a problem
wait what
>>
>>44741311
Proxy tournaments are the community's attempt to make Legacy accessible specifically because Wizards has created a serious problem with regards to barrier to entry and card availability through its reprinting policy. Wizards coming after even those unsanctioned events without addressing the problems they've created that prompted proxy tournaments in the first place is just one more case of the company being simultaneously incompetent and belligerent.

Legacy is dead because Wizards has done everything within its power to kill it.
>>
>>44741580
What was the point on reprinting Legacy staples lands as expeditions?

Is almost like wotc is runned by morons or something.
>>
>>44741631
WotC run by morons? That's unpossible.
>>
>>44741540
Sorry, he is acknowledging that it is "hard". But he isn't acknowledging there is a problem.

Admitting there's a problem demands some authority find a solution. But when it is merely "difficult" or "hard" then that's like saying not being able to leave post-secondary education without crippling debt is "challenging".

The moment you admit there's a problem it's on your ass to fix it. Remember that when you listen to politicians in power - it's never a "problem" it's a "challenge". The politicians in opposition only see "problems" and never appear to understand that things are challenging. Some things are legitimately challenging and it would be ethically questionable to ease up on the difficulty - firefighter physical exams are a great example. Some things aren't legitimately problems like artwork of Garruk choking a bitch who just shot poison through his body.
>>
>>44741331
Done
>>44741654
>>
>>44741580
I would say Legacy is dead because of mostly Wizards' inaction.

>>44741631
The point was that it makes it look like they are doing something and most people are too stupid to realize it has no impact whilst the Reserve List is still in place. It's like spitting into the cup of a thirsty man and we're such slaves to the game that we can't help but feel happy that we opened a $200 Expedition that is more or less useless to play with.
>>
>>44712923

Good?
>>
>>44736086
I agree, and actually, wouldn't it be weirder to see a Modern/Legacy player NOT double sleeving their deck? If you're gonna play with a stack of cardboard pieces worth $20-$200 each, wouldn't you spend an extra 10 or so dollars and a little extra time to ensure they didn't get ruined by outside forces or degrade as quickly? Speaking of degradation, why are MTG cards made of such shitty cardboard? You literally touch or drop one once, and suddenly it's all scuffed and dinged and peeling at the edges, while Yugioh cards stand up to pretty much anything and FoW cards are practically made of plastic.>>44736252
>>
File: the bait must flow.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
the bait must flow.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>44742880
>You literally touch or drop one once, and suddenly it's all scuffed and dinged and peeling at the edges, while Yugioh cards stand up to pretty much anything
>>
>>44742973
not him, but it's the truth, at least for ygo's foils
>>
>>44743050
Its absolute bait, because I have had both and the ygo cards didn't last a year, while my mtg are 15 years old
>>
>>44731036
I want to play casual (EDH) at the LGS without a faggot in front throwig a tizzy because he spent his whole year's allowance on Snapcaster and I just sharpied an island.
>>
>>44741362
>>44741392
If everyone playing Vintage put their singles on the market SCG would lose so much money they could file for as much damage as if WotC had broken the resserved list.
>>
>>44741631
Is any of the expeditions banned in Commander?
>>
>>44724210
point is to play them casually not try selling them like some fourteen year old edgy faggot
>>
>>44742973
I assume you don't agree with me, but I have years of evidence from playing both games.

>crack MTG pack
>pull cool card, but since I have big ass hands I dinged a corner
>drop card onto table and pick it up
>it's scuffed and fucked on edges

Yugioh never does this shit.
>>
>Spend literally 35 $ in a deck
>Spend cents on cool cards sometimes
>Play kitchen magic casually
>Have tons of fun

>Laugh at retards pouring their wallets into WotC's asshole as they try desperately to find a way to stop wasting their money in cardboard which will be worthless when this game inevitably crashes due to Wizards' poor management and sheer greed.
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>44748263
You wanna see good quality cards, kid? Find one of these. They're from the Bandai version of YuGiOh! made in the late nineties. I have a fairly large collection of them, including the Blue-Eyes White Dragon (which is foil, and by the way, even their foils are superior looking) and they look and feel better than any card made since.
It's not difficult to make good quality cards, most companies just don't bother.
>>
>>44748429
>playing with an awful jank deck getting mana screwed every game
>thinking this is fun
>>
>>44748429
>i wish i could play casually
>my lcgs is uber competitive
nothing i could do
>>
>>44748429
>buy high quality counterfeits
>get to play competitive decks and save money
>laugh at retards resigned to either playing casual kitchen table jank or spending $1000 or more for a deck of cards
>>
And nobody in this thread directed to a good seller.
J U S T
I want to buy playset of Liliana, goyf, bitterblossom, all the zendikar fetches. Where can i buy good quality of this ?
>>
>>44751672
read the thread dude
>>
>>44752281
>StoneMan
>Everybody telling it's shit

>chinchonk seller
>check
>a thousand of them

I just pick one randomly ?
>>
>>44752376
yup. it's a pretty shady business dude, you can't just look for high-rated sellers. its kinda like buying drugs
>>
>>44752426

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/72pcs-factory-made-proxy-mtg-cards-lion-recommended-customized-m15-dual-lands-power-9-blue-white/32456302230.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_3%2Csearchweb201644_5_10001_10002_10005_10006_10003_10004_62_61%2Csearchweb201560_1%2Csearchweb1451318400_6149&spm=2114.031010208.3.1.ojuhNl

This one seems decent ? A lot of good reviews and 500+ sells.
>>
>>44743050

YGO card are pretty crap. i had the first pegasus intro deck long time ago and low the card looks so crappy and old.

FoW is pretty new in the market,but the card have better quality that YGO. We'll have to wait to see how durable are they.
>>
Bought my fake infect deck (Hierarch and Inmoth in 15$). Played in sanctioned events.

> Won ang got away with it.

Got lot of shit for only 15$.
>>
>>44739114
Depends on the cards really, from 10 different cards I got Kiki was the only one obviously fake.
>>
>>44752914
> low , that

FUCKING TURN OFF YOUR AUTOCORRECTOR M8
>>
Last year a friend of mine got their fake cards from a guy in alibaba. He said before you could only buy the cards you needed but now they are selling the cards in packs of modern/legacy cards and you cant ask for only the ones you want.

How true is that?
>>
>>44753121
you and your friend are uninformed
your friend sounds like he talks out of his ass often
>>
>>44753153

I amjust asking since I dont have info about where to buy fake cards. He got some cards last year and they look pretty decent. Hes even participating on sanctioned event with them. He wasnt caught (for now) and since hes getting away with it, I'd like to try it too now that I dont give a shit if my dci gets banned. Wizards dont deserve my money.
>>
>>44753228
I don't think you'll get banned.
If you get caught just deny and if it's really obvious cards are fake just say
"i bought this cards online for a lot, guess i just got scammed :( "
>>
>>44753306
"Really? Damn, I guess I got scammed" is my fallback. I only play tournaments at LGSs though.
>>
Black lotus is some seller that have good reviews. if someone is interested, the reviews say tarmo is good. planing on buy to see if good or not
>>
>>44754096
Gathering House have good reviews on alie too. Don't know what it's really worth for attending tournament without getting busted will buy a couple of cards from him (Liliana and Goyfs)
>>
>>44726766
name of the sellers please ?
>>
>>44734636
Where did you buy them ?
>>
>>44725855

As someone who used to do this sort of thing a lot, it is really, really not worth the effort. It's a huge bitch to de-ink foils and cut out transparencies. 540? oh god, no no no no.

They don't even look that great, and I spent years developing a technique.
>>
>>44749432
>play better game by better company
>laugh at everyone playing WotC's shitty games
>>
>>44759436
>play alone or with the same small group of people with nearly 0 tournament support
>watch your "better" game die
>>
>>44759524
>Magic
>Tournament support after they banned all the judges
>>
>>44753228
I've been playing Modern PTQs, WMCQs and GPs with fake Godless Shrines and nobody has noticed.

Just don't fake cards people are likely to want to read.
>>
>>44759565
seems you're just nitpicking now in an attempt to make this mysterious game of yours seem better. care to share what it's called so we can tear it apart?
>>
>>44759905
Sorry anon I was a different person, no idea what the mystery box is
>>
>>44759921
no problem, friend. carry on
>>
>>44758895
Black Lotus
>>
>>44760449
nice, you took sets or singles card lots ?
What is the difference between :
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Custome-printed-Magic-the-gathering-playmat-mtg-board-games-playmat-Grand-Prix-Damnation-table-cloth-pad/1872540_32417200694.html
Taking a 60 cards lots
and :
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Single-Choice-Magic-the-gathering-proxy-cards-mtg-cards-proxy-board-games-choose-from-my-list/1872540_32450168364.html
Taking 60 singles cards ?

Also how does it works, I place my command and they contact me for the list ? Or i have to contact them before ?
Thanks
>>
>>44761106
BUMP
>>
>>44761106
Bumping for interest.
>>
>>44734636
Lili is the only one that looks suspicious at a glance, wouldn't probably look twice if double sleeved and upside down on a table.
>>
We since now they ruled writing Underground Sea in an Island is the same as buying high end chinese fakes for them we can forget about the "just print it in your inkjet" excuse.
Morality is dead, now it's just SCG shills vs Chinaman shills and I hope Chinaman wins because I didn't built my Legacy decks not to have anyone to play them with because a bunch of retards confused a product sold at wal mart with wal street.
>>
>>44741631
The point was they know that BFZ/OGW are crap sets with nothing much going for them, so they made expeditions to drum up some more business.

They wouldn't have to do marketing ploys if they made good sets.
>>
>>44709448
People are only grabbing fake rares, not commons. Otherwise, they'd do what your friend did.
>>
>>44709448
>literally retarded
>>
>>44761106
Modern set
Taking a lot is more cheaper, but the cards are a list fixed. taking singles is more expensive but you only get wht you want

Ask the guy for the list, then make the buy.if you buy singles, you make the list of cards that you want and put it on a message when you pay
>>
>>44767620

I don't think BFZ is a bad set. I just think that Khans and Fates need to rotate out. They may never be anything special in modern, but they're still pretty good standard.

That being said, it's not fun to draft. It's literally Eldrazzi or Ally, and the mana costs are ridiculous for 40 card decks.
>>
>>44767589
>I didn't built my Legacy decks not to have anyone to play them with because a bunch of retards confused a product sold at wal mart with wal street

Amen to that
>>
I'm still angry that I need to own multiple of a planeswalker in order to use multiple proxies. It's a legendary creature, and you made official proxy cards for them. Come on.
>>
I fully support this bullshit now because WotC fucked me over.
I used to be able to play vintage once every three weeks at the LGS proxi tournaments, now I only get to play once a year in BoM.

Wish I could actually help make and distrubute this shit so that the retard investors die of a stroke and we can go back to playing.
>>
>>44772224
this

What does one need to achieve Chinamen counterfeit on a small personnal scale ?
>>
>>44772909
$12k, photoshop, indesign and a lot of time.to clone the card frames pixel by pixel.
The art is a valiable, the fonts are avaliable, it's like they actually want it to happen.
>>
>>44767589
thank you based chinaman
>>
Low cost counterfeits and an end to secondary market shills will come your way but only if you reply THANK YOU BASED CHINAMEN
>>
>>44773429
I really hope to one day see star of david games having to equal their prices to based chinamen, Sincerly thanks, based chinamen
>>
File: ds_frampt_laughing.jpg (32KB, 569x472px) Image search: [Google]
ds_frampt_laughing.jpg
32KB, 569x472px
>>44773593
>star of david games
>>
>>44773429
THANK YOU BASED CHINAMEN
>>
>>44707901
I used to dislike the idea of fakes, but the recent printing of expeditions shows me exactly how wizards feels about their pack lottery and how little they care about secondary market pricing. So now Im fine with the fakes
>>
If there is some chinamen reading this, i would like to know: are you going to do Expeditions lands? Khans of tarkir fetches? those of onslaught are terrible. or at least the new force of will, not that old horrible card
>>
>>44773708
i dont get it but i kek'd anyway
>>
>>44775381
jews
>>
>>44775381
Star City Kikes is literally owned by kikes
>>
>>44774182
Yeah, if Wizards would show even the slightest bit that they actually care about their customers access to the game and not just how they can milk even more money out of it and pander to the secondary market, I might be inclined to keep giving them my money. But they don't, so chinaman fakes it is.
>>
>>44758753
>>44726766
I second this
>>
>>44775097
The point of the fakes is to lower the barrier of entry. You don't need the fancy versions of the cards to play the game. If you want to bling out your deck, you're welcome to blow your money on expeditions and other premium shit.
>>
>>44775097
It's possible to recreate the hologram on new cards but I don't think anyone is doing it yet
>>
>>44748429
>have tons of fun
It's always so nice to see the mentally disabled be able to enjoy their lives :)
>>
>>44776255
Then why do they have 2 versions of tarmo and 2 versions of thoughtseize?
>>
>>44777363
Presumably because they're just duping cards above a certain price point for the most part, and both prints of both of those cards are expensive.
>>
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tag/5398103973.html

How fake is this?
>>
>>44773429
Thank you based Chinamen :')
>>
>>44775715
>>44775609
thanks friends
good to know this board hates kikes too
>>
>>44778855
>https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tag/5398103973.html

Bad chinaman fake/10
>>
>>44709417
If your just playing kitchen table, buying legit is the worst possible value you could get.
Found the cheapest chinamen i could that still printed the cards correctly, ordered an entire 700 card, power-9 + tons of legendary staples cube, for the price of like 2 booster boxes split between my friends. The cards were badly cut and the colors were a little off, but slap a sleeve on it and nobody cares. Now we play at least 3 cube drafts every time we get together and its been litterally the best value ive ever gotten for MtG.
>>
>>44773429
THANK YOU BASED CHINAMEN
>>
I've learned to just not listen to anything /tg/ has to say about whether or not counterfeits are good or not, OP. I've literally posted cards that I unpacked myself in these threads and I still get a couple people telling me they look fake because of the thread topic. Just pick a random Chinaman and go for it, it's impossible to see if a seller is good or not without buying from them yourself.
>>
I ordered from Ali Zheng and the quality was fairly good, if anyone is wondering. Almost impossible to tell the difference when double sleeved, but like all chinamen counterfeits, some were still off. 8/10 would buy again
>>
>paying for counterfeits

Kill yourself, cancerous cheapskate poorfags.
>>
>>44787352
This is a game for people ages 13 and up, are you really surprised that a significant majority of us are poor/only play casual?
>>
>>44787352
>paying for cardboard beyond what is necessary to just play properly
I laugh at your impotent rage, pudgy rabbi
>>
>>44787352
>muh investments
You are only butthurt of having payed 1000+ dollars for a deck and get destroyed by a deck full of proxies
>>
>>44788021
>ages 13 and up
That's certainly not what modern design seems to indicate
>>
Why would you purchase fake cards?
>>
>>44790699
because are cheaper than real ones, i think you would understand if you read some of the other 296 posts
>>
File: Goyf.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
Goyf.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
Based Canadian Crack Card Shill here

Will upload some pics. I'll let you know if cards are miscut and price accordingly. Mention your from TG if you want discount.

Not sure if link will work:

http://www.kijiji .ca/v-toys-games/markham-york-region/mtg-magic-the-gathering-proxies-high-quality-singles/1119475312?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
>>
File: Snap Upclose.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
Snap Upclose.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>44791657

For anons ordering off Chinaman my best advice is to learn the difference between "core" colours before ordering anything.
>>
File: Power.jpg (2MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
Power.jpg
2MB, 2322x4128px
>>44791665

I'll check thread letter and answer questions if anyone got any.
>>
File: an_glasses.jpg (18KB, 395x387px) Image search: [Google]
an_glasses.jpg
18KB, 395x387px
>>44715539
>2/2 Bob
Even better!
>>
File: 1449361373870.png (63KB, 209x201px) Image search: [Google]
1449361373870.png
63KB, 209x201px
>>44718259
>TNN is only playable in proxy formats
wat?
>>
>>44722825
>You know the world is literally kill or be killed. Nobody will be at your eulogy saying "anon had great morals" nobody gives a fuck.
>nobody gives a fuck
False.

People give a fuck and will go out of their way to penalize you for your lack of ethics. If you don't know this, you're in for a hell of a ride.
>>
>>44790976
No, you missed the question. Why are you buying fake cards? I know magic has been an expensive hobby for years and people have done nothing but encourage that but why are you still striving to keep up with the hobby on a high level when you are unable to support your own hobby. It seems foolish to me that you guys are focusing so much time and effort to try to keep up with a hobby you can't afford
>>
>>44721073
Did you actually have the cards to compare to the real ones? I can't tell from the video if what you said is true
>>
>>44791665
Black color: the ones who are worth
blue and white: just don't
>>
>>44791948
Bait
>>
>>44791657
Pics of cryptic?
>>
>>44791657
Are these cards made by you or just imported from a chinaman? If the former, high res scans of more?
>>
>>44792326
No, just the truth. That is why I stick to tabletop miniature game. I can still play with the same models I originally purchased
>>
>>44794026
you can still play with the same cards you originally purchased.
Hope you're not playing some Game Workshop miniatures or else what you said is just ridiculous since this motherfuckers are even more greedy than Jews of the Coast
>>
>>44794112
>>44794112
I still have an eldar army I built over the last 11 years and I play other smaller games but the reason for purchasing fakes is because "they are jewing us" and you can't afford to keep up with your game. Not to play with valuable copies you own but to play with them like official cards. If you can't afford you hobby either take a more casual approach to the game or do something to allow you to afford the game. It's easy. You energy can be more useful elsewhere
>>
>in an effort to protect secondary market prices, Wizards announces proxies are just as bad as counterfeits
>with Wizards protecting secondary market prices, they continue to rise to where casual and lower level players can't afford them
>since proxies are just as bad as counterfeits now, there's no reason to not simply use counterfeits for whatever you were using proxies for before, since they're basically just proxies you can pass off as the real thing at a fraction of the cost
>counterfeits are more appealing now than ever

That's our Wizards!
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.