[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unplayable games thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: WWP06002_500.jpg (118KB, 387x500px) Image search: [Google]
WWP06002_500.jpg
118KB, 387x500px
Unplayable games thread.
>>
File: 1m2.png (1MB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1m2.png
1MB, 774x1032px
>>44672709
I have always wanted to play this but nobody else does.

Maybe I should run a Wraith Quest.
>>
>>44672741
It puts too much work on the DM, due to the whole shadow thing for each player, and how abstract the mechanics are in general.
>>
>>44672780
You could drop the Shadow and still have a great game.
>>
>>44672802
Maybe. It would still be difficult/(traveling within Oblivion itself, for instance,) but it could allow the DM to play without a fistful of Advil every hour.
>>
>>44672709

>I hate what I don't understand!

I would call it more challenging than many rpgs, but if you want to get butt-hurt over it, go ahead.
>>
>>44673502

I'm not. In fact, I'm more motivated to learn it because the Giovanni are my favorite clan. I just know that this game is notoriously difficult within the White Wolf community.
>>
>>44672903
Wraith is basically a less anime version of Exalted's Underworld.
>>
>>44673686

Never heard of it, to be honest.
>>
>>44673789
Are you serious?
>>
>>44672709
FATAL
>>
>>44672802
I've played fucking loads of wraith, and never had a problem with it.
You just need to not be shitty with each other.
I've heard having the GM run everybody's shadows works pretty well, as does just having the player run their own shadow if you trust them not to be wankers.
>>
>>44673875
>You just need to not be shitty with each other.
That never works in the World Of Darkness.
>>
The Holocaust book is probably the darkest thing ever written for an RPG. It’s also one of the best-written things WW has ever produced, and not just in a "jumping over an extremely low bar" way.
>>
>>44672709

You shut your fucking mouth.
>>
>>44672903

Pfft, not really, you go with a Helldiver game and it's a dungeon crawler where occasionally the Labyrinth contracts like a stoney vagina and balls the party up before spitting you all out into bits of the shadowland, potentially anywhere in the world and then you have to fight your way through the shadowlands and the army of spectres that's being blown out of the portal so you can get out of Jade Empire, Barbwire or Obsidian empire territory before their wraiths realise you're there and can come turn you into coins.
>>
>>44676442

There's a bunch of really good books, the Spectre book is really good, the Helldiver book is amazing, the guild books tended to disappear up their own lore, like it's sometime hard to really grasp from how they're written that a lot of the stuff they treat as super urgent and important happened hundreds of years ago in many cases and somehow there's been no real change on those fronts despite it being precarious.
>>
So here's a question: which Underworld is shittier to be in, the oWoD one or the nWoD one?
>>
>>44676442
I haven't read it, but it seems in poor taste.
>>
>>44676906
They took great pains for it not to be. It’s also a subject they had to address, because in a game about ghosts there's no way to ignore the effects of a genocide.
>>
>>44677378
What did you think of Orpheus?
>>
>>44677406

AKA the best oWoD campaign series?

It was alright.

grandma is coming
>>
>>44677406
Didn't play it and haven't gotten around to reading the books, so I suppose I haven't thought about it.
>>
>>44677997
>>44678078
What about Changeling: the Dreaming?
>>
Even discussions about it are cursed!
>>
I itched to play Wraith, offered to GM a short campaign for my friends. None of em were even remotely interested in playing a character whose very existence depends on pure angst and regret. Made them real uncomfortable, I think.

Which is precisely why I loved it.
>>
>>44681532
>a character whose very existence depends on pure angst and regret.
Sounds like it'd get old really really fast.
>>
>not having a Wraith tattoo

What are you, casual?
>>
>>44681586
Therefore, short campaign.
>>
>>44681659
Maybe I should translate Wraith into Esperanto...
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.