[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: dashelforgothismaskagain.jpg (94KB, 1008x684px) Image search: [Google]
dashelforgothismaskagain.jpg
94KB, 1008x684px
So I appear to have misplaced the head to one of my Guild Lawyers. Wyrd miniatures has no parts ordering system to I figured I'm a bit screwed. Fortunately they're mimics so I figure I can just put something on there. Anybody who knows more about the fluff than I want to give me advice on what plot-friendly things I can put on instead? A tentacle? A screw? Maybe stuffing?

Malifaux General since the other one isn't around anymore. Useful links:

books;
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

Tell me about your Through the Breach game.
>>
Currently building characters for a few games. Card Math is odd, but the system seems well done. Any suggestions on places to find good art for the game?
>>
Looking for tips on playing Bag of Props Collodi. Do you bring cheap models to siphon conditions off of?
>>
>>44669928
The Malifaux rulebook is probably a good start. Official art and such. The setting also has elements that pretty much rip off Deadlands (and do their own thing with them to be fair) so try looking at that also.
>>
>>44669928
As in art from the game for inspiration? Or art to use for character portraits?
>>
>>44671653
Mainly the latter, but I wouldn't mind the former as well.
>>
>>44672014
I'd go look for crpg character portraits myself. Arcanum is a good, although the pics will be a little low res. I'm certain you can find a zipped up copy of all the character art from that game with a quick google.

Googling "character art western" gets loads of pretty decent looking art. Most western game settings have an element of magic in them too.
>>
>>44672014
Drive-through-RPG has all of the Wyrd Chronicles available for download, there is a substantial amount of art in them.
>>
What's the single most damaging attack action in the game?
>>
>>44676593
1 AP or 2 AP? for 2 AP, Joss or Doc Grimswell. For 1 AP, Seamus, Leveticus, or Rusty Alyce.
>>
>>44676593
Pale Rider's turn 5 (0) action or
Ice golem's (2) attack
>>
How do magic-focused PCs fare in the RPG? In a general sense, I mean. Are they over/under-powered compared to more physical characters?
>>
>>44676593
>>44677255
Specifically, the Ice Golem's (3) Smash attack and the Pale Rider's (0) The Last Crossing are both tied at 9/10/12. By the time you can use The Last Crossing the Pale Rider can also just attack for 8/9/10 with McCabe's Glowing Saber, so I'm pretty sure it wins hands down for most damage in an activation outside really contrived situations.
>>
>>44680072
>How do magic-focused PCs fare in the RPG? In a general sense, I mean. Are they over/under-powered compared to more physical characters?

Like Batman or 3.5 wizards hellishly over powered if they get prep time.
>>
How frequently do you use Tannen in NB?
>>
>>44680659
Howso? I don't really see prep time giving them too much of an advantage.
>>
What are your wave 4 predictions? So far we know of Aionus, but what else do you think it will release? New masters? New models for current masters?
>>
>>44682821
I'm hoping for new Masters, we haven't had any new ones for a LONG time.
>>
>>44682861
Any hopes what they go with? I'm hoping for new masters as well, and more specifically I'm guessing it'll be an Academic for Arcanists and Oni for 10T.
>>
>>44682903
Hard to say. The only thing I can think of is the Resser chick from the book 3 fiction.
>>
I think Wyrd's said they don't feel the game's large enough for more Masters at present.
>>
>>44676593
Bayou bushwaker or burt with Lenny and under somers damage buff.
>>44682477
I do enjoy chatty a lot so in interact heavy midsion he is gold.
>>44682821
New master would disrupt the balance to much and be a lot of effort. (7 master per factions are honestly a lot.)
A new faction would be really ambitious but might shoot themselves in the foot.
>>44668870
Doppelganger and changlings are the only mimics shown in mid mimicing so fleshy I suppose.
Otherwise using the heads of the rpg might work better. (Or lie and say the head was miscasted)
>>
>>44684249
Why would new masters disrupt the balance too much?
>>
>>44682861
I hope not. We have enough masters to cover most playstyles so the new ones would feel like LoL alt-skins. I'd rather have more variety of dedicated units.
>>
People playing the RPG:

Your last character has been done as a TT master. How do they play/what's the fluff behind them?

Yeah, I've asked this before but Maifaux Generals almost never last long enough for any responses and I'm genuinely curious about what people are playing
>>
I'm a new player and I'm looking at starting with Misaki and...I have no clue where to go from 'Has Misaki'.

Should I start her with Outcasts or with Ten Thunders themselves?
>>
>>44684346
Just a personal experience but even now I think that making more madter could lead to other masters being made redundant.
I just don't want new releases to fuck over the game.
>>
>>44682821
I would expect new Limited upgrades before new masters. It would still introduce new master-based playstyles, but with less rules and model bloat.

>>44685416
Misaki does a lot of work by herself, so you can be really flexible when building her crew. In 10T she likes Sensei Yu to get her into position faster, and in Outcasts she likes the Surivalist upgrade and maybe rat shenanigans to control activations. And in either faction, a Freikorps Librarian will help keep her alive.

Other than that, just pick whichever faction has other masters you're interested in. More than any other master except maybe McCabe, Misaki likes to just bring generic good stuff. She's kind of like the Jund or Junk of Malifaux, if you're an MtG player.
>>
>>44685416
Misaki is the Outlaw and Ninja Crew. She uses her speed to assassinate her targets. She is not really a support model and does't really need support herself.
She can Infiltrate (take) Last Blossom no matter her faction but this will only come in effect as an Outcast but this way her thematic crew is always with you.
The choice between outcast and TT is a personal one, depending on what you like for other master (for later expansion) or what minions yoj like.
In general TT has a lot of pushes which can help your ninjas and misaki get in position while outcast usually has some more offensive tricks.
So get the starter box and play 1 or 2 35 SS beginner games. (Also getting into touch with the nearest Henchman might be good)
What you should keep in mind for the first games as a beginner is first you cam use soulstone for suits (assassination) or prevention, and that upgrades are something worthwhile (use one of the limited)
For expansion it does depends on your faction, I for one doesn't recommend a second master yet but just a single blister or 2:
Thematic crew (are all TT vut she can always take them): Geisha chicks (something with Oirans) are nice for learning movement tricks, Yamaziko is a henchman with cool range and some funny abilities.
But honestly her crews and herself as lone assassins do not require too much support but they love pushes
>>
>>44685804
>>44685818

Right. I was leaning Outcasts as the Ronin seem pretty cool (But then, so does the Wandering Swordsman)
>>
>>44682861
I hope not, first they have to release models for all the old units
>>
So what sets this game apart from Infinity or Warmachine?
>>
>>44687280
Alternating activations
Cards instead of dice (and the control hand that comes with it)
more characterful model rules.
More varied playstyles
>>
>>44687280

Considerably fewer models than Warmachine in a 50pt list.
>>
>>44687280
The main selling point of the game and setting isn't neutered by a dumb mechanic.

Just give me the robots and let me fight 'em
>>
>>44687280
its pretty much exactly like warmachine. you come up tcg-tier combos to win rather than actual tactics.

play infinity if you want fluid, common sense rules, where real, tangible things like suppressive fire and leaning over a roof to shoot down at the opponent is a valid tactic with rules to support it, rather than sheamus is invincible because he keeps tossing his hat bank and forth between his doppleganger for some reason.

I bought malifaux and painted up a crew and played it before realising that its basically autismmachine 2.0
>>
>>44683032

Von Schtook also might be a candidate, but I feel like thematically he has a lot of overlap with McMourning.
>>
>>44688696

That and he's kinda well known for not being seen. Which would need to change if he becomes a Master and stops interacting with people via creepy Nice Guy letters to Molly.
>>
>>44687280
A objective based game.
>>
>>44688413
Oh yes, Infinity, where time is actually shared between the units, and if one guy on one end of the battlefield spends too much time running, the other guy, on the other end ofit, can't shoot cause the time was already wasted. Oh, but do give Infinity a try if you enjoy rules bloat, they have so many special rules now for every minor thing from ammo that differs by one word from already existing ammo to absolutely useless terrain-related abilities. Oh, and let's not forget that becuase it's such a realistic simulation, a soldier can't turn his head around, he has to spend an action to turn around just to check what's going on slightly to the back.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.