[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 40

File: 1438595415750.png (1MB, 775x502px) Image search: [Google]
1438595415750.png
1MB, 775x502px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Abstract hells edition

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd

Previous Thread:>>44578262
>>
>>44592211
First for marrying an intelligent weapon!
>>
>>44592211
Second for being an unoptimized shitter
>>
Third for marrying a Goetic, or at least having a BBEG with such a wife.
>>
File: 1450074471330.jpg (156KB, 1181x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1450074471330.jpg
156KB, 1181x1181px
Ahahaha, haha...ha...

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t7zz?Path-of-War-Tome-of-Battle
>>
File: kunoichi reference.jpg (404KB, 887x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kunoichi reference.jpg
404KB, 887x1200px
Is there a way to build Rogues (or Ninjas) that are decent in combat without relying on having to flank and get sneak-attack damage every single turn?

I kinda wana play a sneaky character next game, but I also don't wana drag the party down by sucking in combat every time we have a fair fight that I couldn't somehow manipulate in our favor beforehand.

Between shitty armor options, shittier weapon options, a middling hit dice, and poor BAB progression though, I'm just not sure if it's possible. Min-maxers help me out here?
>>
>show my GM synthesist summoner
>wow, this is ridiculously overpowered
>but it's paizo so i can't ban it. i don't want you to play it but i won't stop you.
>>
>>44592500
Try slayer or ranger or hunter.

Those sounds exactly what you're looking for, emphasis on slayer especially if you go Stygian
>>
What's a really good level 2 discipline for a fear-based zwei sentinel?
>>
>>44592580
I was looking at Slayer earlier, but it seems flavored more as a "Ranger without Magic" kind of class. I wana be a character who's less about wilderness survival and more about dealing with locks and traps and making things disappear without a fuss.

Unfortunately, the ways the rules are written, some of those things are pretty much impossible as other classes, due to a lack of skill points or needing Trapfinding as a class feature to deal with Magical Traps, ect.
>>
File: Drow_babysitter.jpg (329KB, 842x595px) Image search: [Google]
Drow_babysitter.jpg
329KB, 842x595px
DROW
MARRIAGE
>>
>>44592750
Trapfinding can be gotten as a trait.
>>
>>44592253
Any specific kind?

>>44592325
I bet goetics get really kinky in bed.
>>
>>44592500
>>44592750

I was thinking about something like this a few days ago actually. Basically a sort of "dungeoneer" class, someone who's semi-decent at combat and is really good at getting past traps, picking locks, etc. Basically a professional looter.
>>
File: 1438083560974.jpg (870KB, 1568x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1438083560974.jpg
870KB, 1568x2400px
I want to marry an Osirian!
>>
>>44592769
>marrying anything
>not selling your soul for power

And you call yourself an adventurer. Ha!
>>
>>44592806
Yeah... I don't even need to be a COMBAT GOD, like the Fighter (OK, fighters suck compared to casters, but that's not the point)... I just wana be decent enough to help out in combat without causing a retarded flanking conga-line every fight, because everyone, including the GM, finds it annoying to deal with the enemies having to constantly re-position to ignore sneak-attack damage and allies lose their full-round attack moving to maintain my flanks. It's a fucking retarded mechanic.

I was looking at Vicious Opportunist... but cutting your sneak attack damage down to 2 max per dice is really shitty, and it's still easiest to use via flanking which has all the problems just mentioned.
>>
>>44592800
As long as the Goetic stays in control it'll be fine. There's no safe time if the Horrors need to share.
>>
>>44592839
My mind would fucking explode if that's a real ending
>>
Ok, so can someone help me. I talked in last thread that I needed to be protect a VIP in a level 15 PvP game.

Here is the game description:
>You're in a city with some objective.
>Your VIP is essential yo this objective
>You have a vague idea of what everyone else is doing through some supernatural means
>You can not leave the city
>If your VIP dies you lose
>You lose if you blow your cover (the operation needs to be relatively secret)
>You win if you complete the objective
>You win if all other VIPs die
>Actions are done by everyone writing them out then revealing simultaneously

I am planning on being a Raven Lord Harbinger focusing on Riven Hourglass, Eternal Guardian, and Shattered Mirror.

Any recommended maneuvers I should pick up to ensure the VIP's safety? or items I should pick up? From talking to other players most people seem to be offensively minded. I am thinking of being defensive. I'll present a dangerous and risky target so as to discourage them attacking me, then wait until others have expended resources.

Any specific items you guys think I should grab? Or specific spells in scrolls? I am thinking of spending a lot of time in public places since they will be hard pressed to force a fight out in public (since they'll expose themselves and lose).
>>
>>44592880
It's not.
>>
>>44592888
I know, it's a shame that it isn't.
>>
>>44592800
The party barbarian's greatsword, because then it can dominate him from time to time when we want to get busy with each other, using the barbarian's body as a proxy for the intelligent weapon.
>>
>>44592884
Summon monster.
Bomb the other player's VIP with monsters when they attack yours. They'll never expect an attack when they've committed to the offensive!
>>
>>44592750
Stygian slayer has magic though. It gets illusion magics up to 4th level and the cantrips too. It's sneaky and has magic too boot
>>
I want to marry a werewolf!

I want to take the knot!
>>
>>44593022
That is a thought, wait for an attack to strike. However, summon monster is easily defended again (and relatively week). I think I will bring a few scrolls of summon monster VIII however, just in case.
>>
>>44592884
What if you don't protect your VIP? Just let them about their own business, or even better, pay some hireling to go around doing things and you protect them.
>>
>>44593279
>What if you don't protect your VIP?
You'll lose because another person will likely kill them.

>Just let them about their own business, or even better, pay some hireling to go around doing things and you protect them.
We had it specified we'd be the highest level people available by a wide margin (hirelings would cap at level 3-5). So I doubt they'll get the job done.
>>
>>44593279
He's playing a character with a bird who can use weaboo fightan magic, imagine who his enemies are.
>>
File: tumblr_nyyazcjoMj1u5wv1co1_1280.png (364KB, 600x827px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyyazcjoMj1u5wv1co1_1280.png
364KB, 600x827px
>>44593338
It's a bait, anon.
If your opponent is working off limited information, and they see you bodyguarding someone, they're going to think that person is your VIP. Even if your 'VIP' dies, you don't lose cause it wasn't really your VIP.

>>44593356
We're working off limited information too. What exactly are the rrrrrrrules here?
>>
>>44593390
>If your opponent is working off limited information, and they see you bodyguarding someone, they're going to think that person is your VIP. Even if your 'VIP' dies, you don't lose cause it wasn't really your VIP.

Unfortunately our VIPs are famous enough that people know who they are already (the other contenders at least). Even if I disguised someone as my VIP divination wouldn't defer to the new one.
>>
>>44593458
>What is Mindblank?
Also there's another spell that redirects scrying attempts to another object. I can't think of the name offhand, though.

Also, this is outside the realm of sword magic, but if you can find a way to get the Fusion psionic 'spell', you could just fuse your VIP with you and protect him that way.
>>
>>44593593
Mislead, I think?
>>
>>44593593
Mindblank is our of reach for casting (level 15) and keeping the buff up would be really expensive. I have no idea how much time is going to pass in game, if it's several weeks I can't afford the scrolls.

I don't think it's mislead, probably something else.
>>
>>44593610
I was thinking the Misdirection spell, but it doesn't fool scrying.
>>
>>44593458
My general tip is to watch out for anyone who might have gone into Awakened Blade. They might have dipped Time Thief (if possible) and might be able to manifest Temporal Acceleration. With Riven Hourglass, that's a lot of actions.
>>
I made this earlier with /pfg/ input, it's obviously not complete but other things ruined my evening so here it is. Might come back to it later but feel free to suggest/modify.
>>
>>44593680
I'm the only PoW character I know of. I'll watch out for that though.
>>
>>44593711
I don't think you can come up with one for some skills. Appraise is going to be left in the dust.
>>
>>44592500
1. Two-weapon feint, pump points into Bluff, flat-foot anything more intelligent than a wild-animal. Watch the GM foam at the mouth and ban feinting or start giving every enemy ever super high Sense Motive.

2. Ninja get access to Katanas, if the GM rules this proficiency is exotic, you can dual-wield them and they're pretty powerful.

3. Vicious Opportunist + Tear the Wound applies you crappy 2-per-dice sneak attack damage a second time if you can hit with both weapons.

4. Web-walker Ninja effectively has infinite poison as long as they have Ki points to spend, good for setting up Vicious Opportunist.

5. Single round vanish potions are pretty cheap and give you sneak attack, and can be consumed as a swift action with the Accelerated Drinker trait. Do be aware that this means you can't dual wield as you have to have the potion in your hand before drinking it. If your GM is a faggot, he'll declare that "drawing" the potion is a move action too.

6. Play Unchained Rogue or Unchained Ninja if allowed. They get dex-to-damage class features, meaning you can entirely dump strength unless your GM is an uber-faggot about carry-weight limits. With dex to damage and sneak attack damage, even lowly daggers can be made into decent weapons. I've played a dedicated throwing-knife fighter before like Yuanji from Dynasty Warriors and it worked pretty good.
>>
>>44593913
>file deleted
lol
>>
>>44593971
Yeah, the image ended up uploading super small, it looked crappy.

My advice still stands, take it or leave it. Either way, don't be a dick to people giving advice advice that you asked for.
>>
>>44594028
I wasn't the one who asked you for advice you buttmad autist
>>
File: 1428509591246.png (69KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
1428509591246.png
69KB, 622x626px
>>44594059
Then why even comment?
>>
File: ef9a0f6005cae8eb68b0c7427.jpg (126KB, 772x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ef9a0f6005cae8eb68b0c7427.jpg
126KB, 772x1000px
How do you Jedi / Sith?
Also, Lightsaber where?
>>
>>44594194
PF lightsabers are shitty plasma blades that deal fire and electricity damage
>>
>>44594194
Probably psionics, go for a psychic warrior or a soul knife. Or a psychic warrior that gets the mind blades some how.
>>
>>44594194
>Jedi
>Sith

There are no sides, young apprentice. There is only the Force.
>>
>>44594194
Play a magus and pick shitty spells that mimic force powers.
>>
>>44594289
And the Force is fucking evil. It takes effort and self-limitation to prevent it from corrupting you, and none to let it do so.
>>
>>44593913
>1.

TWF is feat and stat intensive to begin with. And then you want to take Feint feats as well. Which autofail against a bunch of things anyway.

>2.
And eat ANOTHER -2 to your attacks? For an extra 1 damage?

>3.

Oh good, more feats.

>4.

Poisons suuuuuuck, unless you pour more feats into it.

>5.

His DM is a dick for playing by RAW? also, ninjas literally have swift action vanish built in. Recommend Ki recovery methods instead.

>6.

See, this one's good. Unchained Ninja would work out wonderfully, if it existed. Would make the TWF suggestion a good, or at least okay one.
>>
I've combined 'climb' and 'swim' into a single 'Athletics' skill in my game, and it's also used for stuff like jumping and weightlifting and other sports-like stuff.

One of my players says that I should completely do away with plain STR checks and just replace it all with athletics skill checks, because pure Ability Score rolls are hard to increase and never have a particularly high modifier.

This is particularly for using Athletics checks to break things with raw strength.

I'm not sure how to feel about this.
It means that come mid-levels, someone who dumped str can often match a str character in shows of raw force if they max out athletics and have it as a class skill.
I allow PoW so there's already quite an incentive to dump STR, and apart from 1.5x stat to damage it feels like raw force is one of its last niches.
The issue is kind of compounded because said player has dumped strength and used Wisdom in the Flesh to turn Athletics into a WIS skill.

Should I allow using athletics for raw strength or not?
>>
>>44594341
Not the guy, but:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/unchained-classes/rogue-unchained/alternate-classes/everyman-gaming---unchained-ninja
>>
>>44594194
>Jedi
Soulknife

>Sith
Magus

Do it. Make an entire campaign based around those two classes.
>>
>>44594361
Breaking things with STR is pointless after a point anyway, if somebody wants to break stuff they are going to get a hardness ignoring weapon (like an adamantite dagger) and sunder it.
>>
>>44594339
>Not being a Grey Jedi
>Not being the true balance of the Force between those who try to control it and those who attempt to abuse it.
>>
>>44594361
>Should I allow using athletics for raw strength or not?
Seeing as you might actually have someone make a Break DC on something not made of wood or weaker?

Yes, if you like high-fantasy things being done by high-fantasy strongmen, like grabbing an iron door and tearing it out of its frame.
>>
>>44594419
No wonder the Dark Side kept losing. They have to content themselves with the shittier of both classes.
>>
>>44594434
>adamantium
>>
>>44594434
That... makes a surprising amount of sense.

I do also think it's a bit silly that you can deadly agility an adamantine dagger and sunder a wall apart with the power of finesse and agility, though.
>>
>>44594531
That's okay, grey jedis no longer exist now.
>>
>>44594556
They are both t3, after archetypes. Should be relatively balanced.
>>
>>44594574
>adamantine
>>
File: UMMM.gif (301KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
UMMM.gif
301KB, 350x464px
>>44594339
I was going to have some kind of counter argument.

Then I thought about it.

And realized I've never thought about it like that before.

You're... completely right.
>>
>>44594595
>addy plate
>>
>>44593711
on the house

Knowledge (Geography): Beat DC by 5 to get +1 to non-tracking Survival checks in the area, +1 per every 5 past that.
Knowledge (History): Beat DC by 5 to get +1 to Diplomancy checks to gather information in the area for the day, +1 per every 5 past that.
Knowledge (Nobility): +1 to Diplomacy to improve the attitude of people of rank at attitude Indifferent and lower.
>>
File: Keketar.jpg (152KB, 1187x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Keketar.jpg
152KB, 1187x1500px
/pfg/ what is your favorite bloodline either thematically or functionally?

I'm likened to the protean bloodline, chaotic stuff and keketars look awesome. Their tanglefoot bag + acid seems lackluster though.
>>
>>44594588
hex is tier 2 bub, that is why their may only be two.
>>
File: TR-8R.jpg (111KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R.jpg
111KB, 750x1000px
>>44594556
Do I hear DISLOYALTY in this thread?
>>
>>44594576
The only exception to that in the investigator, who gets to add his knowledge:engineering check.

Which is about as hilarious as you imagine, considering you go from stat (which is like +20 if you minmax at 20) to stat+skill+stat.

So... yeah. Engineers are the best at breaking things with their bare hands. Go figure.
>>
>>44594531
>not being a Gray Lensman
>>
>>44594588
>>44594656
They're both Tier 3.

But the Hexblade Magus and the Gifted Blade Warsoul PsyArm make both close to Tier 2.
>>
>>44594656
It seriously isn't. It's very high t3, one of the most reliable ones, but it doesn't break the game as a t2 does in his area of expertise. If anything, I'd demote the un-archetyped/badly archetyped magus to very high t4.
>>
>>44594652

Imperious bloodline and the arcane one.
>>
>>44594576
Dex-to-damage is nice flavor but "realistically" it should require a certain base amount of strength, so you can use your superior agility to take best advantage of your strength or whatever.
But that would be needlessly complicated and gimp certain builds for no good reason so no one's gonna bother.
>>
>>44594576
And a Brutal Slayer Stalker replaces DEX with STR, deal with it.
>>
Oi, making a Warpriest of Azathoth (because I can). Any ideas for race?
>>
>>44594689
>Tier 2
>Setting-breaking abilities

I'm not sure I'm looking at the same classes as you are.
>>
>>44594662
Fuck lightsabers.
I'm getting a shocking thundering enchanted mace.

Would TR-8R make a better Barb, Pali or Fighter?
>>
File: nanomachines son.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
nanomachines son.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>44594652
I really do like that the Primal Elemental bloodlines.

I also like Stormborn, Boreal, Aquatic, Deep Earth, and gif related.
>>
>>44594787
He's some kind of martial artist I think.
>>
>>44594787
Hellknight.
>>
>>44594689
>including PoW
>psyarm making the soulknife's main stat purely WIS based in combat
>tossing in initiations as well as psionic powers
>thinking the Magus has a chance

bruh
>>
>>44594662
Did you see how far he made Finn fly? He's a Dungeon Crasher Fighter.
>>
>>44594787
He's a Ranger with Favored enemy for traitors.
>>
>>44592750
Urban barbarian with disable device, and a few traits
>>
>>44594787
Paladin
Smite Traitor as a class feature
>>
>>44594662
Inquisitor, no question.
>>
>>44594832
>>44594689

I don't think that's how the tiers work.
>>
>>44594741
What would a warpriest of Azathoth even do?
Ganzi would work well thematically though.
>>
>>44592663
anyone? Sorry to bother.
>>
>>44594886
>
Something in the same tier can still be stronger than another thing.
>>
>>44594726
>one archetype to the most mediocre PoW class justifies DSP deincentivizing strength to the point of not going Dex to be nearly gimping yourself at worst and saving yourself a little cash on Muleback cords/some dumb magic item.

I mean, I'm glad there are good options for people who want to be a battlefield ballerina but I do wish Strength got a little more loving.
>>
>>44594886
I'm not discussing Tiers.
I'm just saying a one on one duel, between "Jedi" and "Sith", The Jedi has access to initiator strikes, psionic powers and relies purely on a single stat, while the Sith only has hexes and spellstrikes.

Its really not a fair fight.
>>
Looking to play spiritualist as a stand user, was wondering if any one had advice.
Con=Wis>str>cha>Int>Dex
Thinking about human
slotting points into intimidate, taking hatred phantom, and maybe a few(3) levels of monk to boost unarmed up to 1d10
>>
>>44594886
Psy Armory is a bit unbalanced, it's definitely an improvement, but it is a bit much.
>>44594964
Honestly a Psy Armory is a bit far removed from the concept of "jedi" though. You aren't even fucking wielding anything at that point.
>>
>>44594964
Aren't spellstrikes more or less analogous to strikes?

One attack with a bonus to damage and some effect.

Stances are buffs, except the magus can stack more.

And then you get into Spellstoring weapon and other bullshit equipment boosts that exist for spells but not for maneuvers.
>>
>>44594919
Actually it's the reverse. Deadly agility came first, and that opened the way for me to write the Brutal Slayer. I hope to bring more strength friendly options to the table in the future, but Brutal Slayer was what I could do at the time.
>>
>>44594850
MFW there's an option in 3.5 that actually allows that.
>>
File: 1452000363821[1].jpg (288KB, 1447x2046px) Image search: [Google]
1452000363821[1].jpg
288KB, 1447x2046px
Is the bard/cavalier prestige class any good ? I'm thinking about making a noble duellist with some magical talent due to their lineage and some diplomatic and leadership skills which Bard seems to be good at combining.
>>
>>44595211
>pic
jeez that's a tiny nose
>>
>>44595040
>Honestly a Psy Armory is a bit far removed from the concept of "jedi" though. You aren't even fucking wielding anything at that point

I can list a slew of characters in the SW:EU that fights by remote telekinetic lightsaber throwing.

And THEN there's that one Sith (Before Kylo Ren did it in FA) that actually doesn't use lightsabers and instead force pushes around sword shaped force lightnings similar to the PsyArm
>>
>>44595211
You are much better off staying bard and getting spells.

If you want, take the cavalier VMC, it's... adequate.
>>
>>44594556
>Doesn't know about Hexcrafter
Enjoy your nap
>>
>>44595297
>Will to resist
>Against a class who is a WISDOM One Stat Wonder and has naturally high Will Saves.

I'm good, thanks.
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-monsters/mythic-lich
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-monsters/mythic-vampire

If you were a lich or a vampire, would you prefer the mythic monster option, or take tiers in a mythic path?
Interesting to note that according to the stats we have, Tar-Baphon is a mythic lich wizard, whereas Arazni is a lich wizard with mythic tiers. I assume the difference has something to do with how you gain your power.
>>
>>44595333
Wow that vampire did not turn out well, I can see through her chest. Oh well.
>>
>>44592500
All of the advice fucking sucks so let me clue you in.
1. Use Magic Device is fucking crucial so you can pretend you're a class that isn't shit.
2. Max stealth, get a stealth skill item early. Be invisible without invisibility.
3. Get Forgotten Trick immediately. It lets you learn any ninja trick at the cost of ki. Emulate shit like crazy.
4. Pump your ki
5. Dip a level in magus to give yourself access to spell combat, and thus, full attack followed by vanish. Fill all your slots with vanish. Buy pearls of power.

Or, the reasonable route:
1. Realize that anyone can get stealth as a class skill through a trait.
2. Realize this makes them literally as good as a rogue/ninja, or better if they can cast invis/vanish.
3. Play whatever you want and stop being a fucking nooblord.
>>
Do mithral current's "vulnerability to silver" strikes apply the vulnerability before or after the damage of the attack?
>>
>>44595332
psychic armor is shit. a 2nd level soulknife can pick up Wis to hit and damage anyway
>>
>>44595406
After. That's why they specify "until the /end/ of your next turn." So you can still capitalize on the effect.
>>
>>44595403
>5. Dip a level in magus to give yourself access to spell combat, and thus, full attack followed by vanish. Fill all your slots with vanish. Buy pearls of power.

You can swift action vanish anyway. That's definitely a waste.
>>
>starting wrath of the righteous this week
>have no clue what kind of character to make
>only know that there's a spiritualist in the party
FUCK
>>
>>44595428
Or Int. You can go mental-SAD well on the soulknife anyway.

What makes psychic armory good is the ability to toss high-damage things at range without much investment.
>>
>>44595496
also it's paizo only forgot to mention that
>>
>>44595496
Make an alchemist and poison demons
>>
>>44595496
Clearly you should be a goetic, show up their pansy phantom with horrors, and give me the feedbax!
>>
>>44595496
Well, what do you /want/ to play?
>>
>>44595496
Something that's gonna be good at fighting demons?
Because spoilers, you're going to be fighting some demons.
>>
>>44595535
Well fuck, now my joke suggestion doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>44595535
just be an archmage wizard and shit doom out of your tier 0 asshole
>>
>>44595569
It's okay, maybe their character can marry a goetic.

>>44595496
Go for the occultist and get non-evil skeleton minions.
>>
>>44594652
Impossible bloodline.
>>
>>44595496

Cleric of Desna to get your succufu

>>44595545

What is a goetic?
>>
>>44595496
Make a Paladin of Milani who fights against abuse of power, and is ready to derail a campaign to remind even a god of law and justice what law and justice really mean.
>>
>>44595496
Cleric, Paladin or Inquisitor
Why do you think they called the AP Wrath of the Righteous?
>>
>>44595461
Is Ssalarn back yet?
>>
>>44595558
>>44595556
Definitely considering Lore Warden fighter looking to defend precious artifacts, or some kind of paladin.
>>
>>44595650
Yes and no. He is in a position to return to a reasonable schedule so you'll likely see something soon but it isn't my place to go into specifics on his life.
>>
>>44594579
Legacy canon is still canon, just not movie canon.

And honestly the EU has had better writing since forever.
>>
I love path of war as an idea, just like I loved Tome of battle. I don't like the fact that everyone now wants maneuvers and/or at least dips in a class to get half the initiator level.

And then there's some crazy shit people pull with their builds. Like one guy in my group that plays an Occultist, which is a pathfinder version of the Binder from 3.5. And one of the vestiges he binds is one that allows him to change into beast shape. So, he goes into a Dire Tiger and pounces everything with too much strength for his own good, adding in stances from Broken Blade/Primal fury to do somewhere around the average of 120 hp of damage per turn or some crazy crap at level 8-9.

And the other that plays stalker and can't be hit in combat, has skills like perception-hide-sense motive and the like maxed in such a level due to his chassis that he needs to roll 1-5 for him to fail anything in those linemarks. And so on and so on.

But I do like it. One day, I'll play a stuffy Solar Throne aristocrat that thinks he's better than anyone else.
>>
>>44595621

Can't be a paladin of Milani due to one step rule.
>>
>>44595706
That's me. Forgot my trip.
>>
>>44595610
The thing about those jokes (joking, right?) that weirds me out is that it puts a very different spin on Telepathy's "people treat you like people even though you are obviously an otherworldly horror" thing.

>>44595617
Spiritualist archetype I wrote for DSP's Psionics Augmented: Occult.
>>
>>44595719
That and the GM browses /pol/ and will have the corpse of degenerate NPCs hanging next to alternative ones.
>>
>>44595715
The enemies can use counters too, you know.
>>
>>44595731
Yes, it's a joke. "I want to marry an X" is a meme denoting that someone likes the thing in question.
>>
>>44595795
I know, but the parenthetical added the right tone to the idea of me being squicked out by it. Ultimately, the joke does point out how unsettling Telepathy can be even in ways I didn't think of when I wrote it, but hey, awesome: it should be disturbing.
>>
>>44595778
Yeah, let's counter one move and then have the fuck huge counter dish out damage for 90 damage instead of 120. Most of which are guaranteed hits. Though I have to admit I started using maneuvers with enemies recently only. It's helped. Some.
>>
>>44595730
Does Deep Impact work with maneuvers?

Does the Void Prophet's Preach the Silence count as Zeal? If not, then are half of the convictions useless for a Void Prophet?
>>
>>44595889
I'm a bit under the weather and about to go to bed, but if you want to get ahold of me through GitP or Paizo or something I can offer some advice on working with PoW as a DM.

I'm one of the PoW:E writers in case you're wondering who this tripfag thinks he is.
>>
>>44595889
Ask the developers above you for advice.
>>
>>44595719
That's a cleric rule (anyone else can worship who they want without changing their alignment to match), but if you need a notable and specific contradiction, take a look at page 26 here (pdf document p28).
>>
>>44595949
I've actually taken some kind anon's sheet which gives me a few maneuvers to use for various tiers of characters from each school, specialising each of those characters in a certain way of fighting (bruising, stunlocking, poison and so on). It helped some, though of course some help is always welcome since sometimes the things these stances and maneuvers do are off the charts and far too strong for their levels(if you take in some really unbalanced stuff like gambits that do too much for too little effort it really gets out of hand.)
>>
>>44593711 here, anyone got an idea for what you should get +X to if you exceed a Disable Device check by 5 or more? I've got the rest of the viable ones more or less figured out (may add an Intimidate one to use instead of the existing Shaken duration scaling at user's choice, we'll see).

>>44593878
>>44594640
Thanks, suggestions taken
>>
>>44596025
Well if you want specific advice I'm declaring myself the unofficial tactics guy (nobody else wants the title apparently). I'd be happy to help you out, just uh, not tonight. My body is trying to cough out its lungs despite my protests.
>>
>>44596122
I'll probably post one of these days then. Get well.
>>
>>44596063
Get +X to Bluff to pretend you weren't doin nothin wrong
>>
So, I've looked over the big guide on traits a few times while building characters before. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dVQA-uI740Hh8vq-zsnbHV6UwJg-4QKlpmkxBEmCdhA/edit?pli=1)

But now that I look at it and compare it with the SRD, it seems kinda dated. Anyone have any favorite traits that aren't even mentioned in the doc?
>>
>>44595924
There are eleven convictions total. Three of them deal with Zeal. Of the eight that don't, two of them can be taken twice apiece.

Preach the Silence does not count as Zeal.
>>
>>44596215
I'd rather it be less specific to certain types of characters to roleplay - an honest dude should benefit when disabling devices too.
>>
>>44596391
Get +X to Diplomacy to explain you weren't doin nothin wrong
>>
>>44595333
Mythis tiers are far superior and more interesting than Mythic Ranks. They should have just let Vampires and Liches have Mythic Tiers and have new Mythic abilities just for them that enhance their natural abilities.
>>
>>44596419
No double negatives. And when's that ever come up for you? Diplomacy after Disable Device, about the Disable Device?
>>
>>44596514
Get +X to Intimidate to assert you weren't doin nothin wrong
>>
I want to marry Pathfinder!
>>
>>44596763
The society or the system?
>>
>>44596763
Anon, you don't stick your dick in crazy.

Also, so many papercuts.
>>
>>44596763
Your waifu a shit.
>>
>>44596763
Talk about objectively bad taste.
>>
I'm making a Cavalier-Sorcerer hybrid class, as the Bloodborn Knight
http://www.pathfindercommunity.net/classes/multiclass-archetypes/cavalier/bloodborn-knight-cavalier-sorcerer
doesn't really appeal. I've already decided that tactician will be thrown out, but I'm wondering whether the class should have access to both an Order and a Bloodline, or just a Bloodline. Thoughts?
>>
What kind of Crazy Shit can I do with a Hybridization Funnel?

One idea I had was mix

A: Alchemist Fire
and
B: Potion of Grease

That would be like Greek fire wouldn't it?
>>
>>44597020
... potion of grease is a thing? I think greek fire is supposed to be sticky, so tanglefoot would work better

But anyway, hybridization funnel is quite nice for alchemists. Gets twice your INT in there.
>>
>>44597020
> The funnel does not work on potions, elixirs, extracts, or other materials.
>>
>>44597106
Just learned you can't put potions in the funnel...

But I could totally use the funnel for Fire/Acid.

I'm actually an Artificer.

I could still just have someone throw the potion of grease.

But yes Brew Potion allows you to brew any 3rd level spell or lower.
>>
>>44597020
>>44597106
Oil of grease does exist, but the funnel doesn't work with potions or oils, and grease is not easily flammable. No, not even in real life, grease fires are rare and difficult to cause, why do you think they don't happen all the time? The grease spell would be better named "slippery goo" or "lubricate".
>>
>>44597199
>Gnomish assassins laugh at the boring tactics of assassins of other races
>Why spike someone's drink with poison when you can spike their liquor shot with a potion of fireball?
>>
>>44597231
well oil is a splash weapon so I could just mix alchemist fire and oil.

I mainly just want to burn whatever form of civilization a bunch of feral elves have.
>>
>>44597231
I like to imagine that drinking an oil of grease is a fast way to shit out everything but your spine.
>>
>>44597285

Well, there's a dietary supplement.
>>
>>44597266
>potion of fireball
>A potion is a magic liquid that produces its effect when imbibed. Potions vary incredibly in appearance. Magic oils are similar to potions, except that oils are applied externally rather than imbibed. A potion or oil can be used only once. It can duplicate the effect of a spell of up to 3rd level that has a casting time of less than 1 minute and targets one or more creatures or objects.

>targets
>fireball

No AoEs, sorry.
>>
Okay
So, monks can technically use their dicks for unarmed strikes right?
How about adding the pummling feats, horn of the criosphinx, Hamatulatsu, Improved Grapple, Hamatula Strike and Hamatula Grasp on top of that to become the ultimate rapist
>>
>>44597285
I can't seem to find this oil of grease you got a link? Could a level 3 artificer with a Take 10 of 30 be able to make it?
>>
File: 141326224983.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
141326224983.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
>>44597350
FATAL general is that way.
>>
>>44597352
It's a potion of grease. Oils are literally exactly the same as potions except you rub them on stuff instead of drinking them.

>Magic oils are similar to potions, except that oils are applied externally rather than imbibed. A potion or oil can be used only once.
>>
>>44597350
>So, monks can technically use their dicks for unarmed strikes right?
no, that isnt in the rules Im afraid
>>
>>44597414
So... I can make oils if I have Brew Potion or do I need another feat for that.
>>
>>44597454
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/potions
It's just a name for potions of spells which target objects, not yourself. So... yes. Yes, you can make oils with Brew Potion.
>>
Okay, I think this is pretty done now! What do you think, guys? Worth adding to a homebrew-friendly game?

Calling it Skill Exceed so it has a name to refer to at the table. When you have one you can say "that last Exceed adds +1 to this".
>>
>>44597618
It's okay. I dislike that it's just some extra +xs to things, instead of being expanded skill uses that are actually relevant.
>>
>>44597649
It's a game of make-believe you know, ask your DM, "Can I use X to do this thing?"
>>
>>44597649
That's what Unchained is for though.
>>
>>44597679
I agree. Wizards, clerics, and monks are perfectly balanced.

Just because the DM can intervene and make up something on the spot does not mean there shouldn't be rules for it. Skills are not functional in 3.x because all but the opposed ones stop being relevant when magic comes into play, and homebrew adding extra things for skills ought to keep that in mind.
>>
>>44597649
It's more of a way for skills to make you better at things that are related, and make high skill checks *broaden* their effect to have a greater chance at relevance.

>>44597679
There's no need for rules at all in that logic.
>>
>>44597805
Makes sense. Neat idea, in any case. Might steal the concept for a skill overhaul I want to try.
>>
>>44597618
>>44597805
Sorry, typos and caps inconsistencies corrected. That shit bothers me, pay it no mind.
>>
>>44595496
Play a demigod son of Erastil or Shelyn. Paladin is good. So is Oracle.

Also, be warned: Mythic will annihilate any semblance of game balance by the third book. Bright side, that's when succubutt arrives.
>>
>>44596465
Yeah, it's part of why Tar-Baphon is actually pretty shit compared to Arazni now. He's like a cockroach in terms of killing him, but he's only really good at minionmancy, and even that requires him to be uninterrupted while he blows through his piddling amount of mythic power.
>>
>>44597861
Too much green
>>
File: image.jpg (327KB, 1023x1800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327KB, 1023x1800px
>>44592837
I love his girls
>>
>>44597805

The rules say try to make things work if your players want to jump off a cliff a dig their swords into a passing dragon to ride along, or something like that.

>>44597752
I'm inexperienced at GMing, but I try my best to be permissive and accommodating when it comes to skills, because Paizo won't. I'm not completely naive though, I will always concede that magic rules, martials drool. Which is why I use Spheres and PoW, problems aside.
>>
>>44597986
Green is safe. Green is nature. Green is unlikely to be used by everyone else instead of blue and won't be confused for a pfsrd printout.
>>
>>44598110
But it isn't a creative color, you know?
>>
>>44598099

Sure. I agree that the GM can and should make things work when the player wants to do something interesting (hopefully with a DC that's reachable if the action fits). However, it's not what a rules-heavy game like this one should default to.
>>
File: 1446232053066.gif (330KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1446232053066.gif
330KB, 256x256px
>>44598138
Should fit right in at your table then.
>>
Is it possible to play a blind character and still be useful?
>>
>>44598211
Isn't there a blindfold of blindsight somewhere? Like 10,000gp though.
>>
>>44598211

-Summoner, share senses.

-As a caster you don't need to roll attacks, so you don't get any penalties for being blind as long as you use buff spells and spells that require saves

-Clouded vision oracle, you can fluff it as blind
>>
>>44598245
That's actually 3E, Blindfold of True Darkness. It's 9000gp for 60ft blindsight. Maybe a little over the top, but it looks like it was made by a sane person relative to the Pathfinder equivalent:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/blindfold-swordmaster-s
>>
>>44597861
The Knowledge (Nobility) one should only work on people who hold some kind of rank. A dude out in the woods doesn't care if you know about the royal family. Unless you're in Middle Earth I guess.
>>
>>44598211
You want to gain blindsense perhaps? There's something about being a mutant, if you're going for something like Daredevil. Have you thought it all the way through? You won't be able to cut the green wire, or confirm you aren't getting shafted with copper pieces instead of gold.
>>
>>44598336
>>44598336
I was thinking a caster would be my best bet. Maybe Summoner and have my Eidolon be a humanoid creature that serves as a butler/friend combo

>>44598478
Copper and gold difference can sort of be helped through scales, if I remember right, but colours and the like are fine by me. Hell, getting shafted on gold is fine by me, so long as it's fun
>>
>>44598149

Surely more rules are a bad thing, its more things to memorize. I also believe it encourages restrictive GM styles. I suppose the ideal solution would be the eventual compromise: have the rules, and somehow encourage GMs to use fiat for good, not evil.
>>
>>44598549
In an exception-based ruleset, more rules are better to have. It's not more things to memorize; it's more options to use, because you don't have to memorize anything other than the basics, thanks to the fact that most games will not USE most rules.

A DM-based "mother may I" ruleset does not have consistency unless the rules are written down, at which point they've just become rules. Consistency is what makes a game work, and without it you're just freeforming (which isn't bad, but is a very different game).
>>
>>44598211
Went and googled around. Apparently there's very few ways to do it:

http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/38367/playing-a-blinded-character-in-low-levels
>>
>>44598211
Fleshcraft an Astomoi perhaps? Realistically you could just use Perception and the Blind Fight feats though. With enough time you can get past the limitations of a disability, and for blindness that could be being able to sense the terrain around you so you can function normally, with Blind Fight acting for combat stuff. As a bonus, Invisibility doesn't do shit against you, and if you get Uncanny Dodge you aren't considered Flat-Footed even if you can't see anything.

Side note, Rogues can get Pierce the Darkness as a talent that grants Blindsense out to 5 feet, so that might be handy.
>>
>>44598211
Be an astomoi, I guess.
>>
>>44597861
I love this, but I'm wary of the changes it makes to the Feint/Sense Motive game since both sides of that check got an Exceed - you fail a Feint too hard with this and you're getting suplexed for the next 10 minutes, whereas if you beat them by a lot you only get a higher AC for one attack. I think the Sense Motive benefit should just be 1 round. Combine with the nobility change of another Anon and it should be good.
>>
>>44598584
I have to ask, have you played with a lot of groups? I think our different experiences in that regard has strongly shaped our view points. I'm fine with rulings that fill the gaps between, compliment, or change rules. However, I can see the importance in knowing that you won't be screwed over in your next game due to the prevalence of arbitrary rulings.

Or something like that, am I following you at all?
>>
>>44596343
What about Deep Impact and maneuvers?
>>
>>44597861
Try out consolidating the identical Knowledge entries, see if it looks better. Conciseness is king.
>>
>>44598894
I've played with a lot of groups since I started playing (16 years ago now, holy shit). In most groups I've played in, it hasn't really been an issue unless the DM is a shithead. I'm fine with rulings that fill the gaps between, complement, or change rules as well, but those rulings tend to become houserules and get written down in my groups, or be discussed after or between sessions about how best to implement a fix to a rule in the future.

I've played a decent amount of more narrative and freeform games as well. However, I think that the style of the game is important; in D&D and Pathfinder, the rules tell you what your character can do, and being able to be consistent about it is massively important to functioning within the system (which expects a lot of combat and has stated rules to follow).

I think it's bad design to relegate how the game functions to "Ask Your DM." Even games like FATE have solid, well-written rules for adjudicating things (even if the details are left to the players and the GM to decide). One of my biggest grievances with D&D 5e is that there are NO rules for the skill system, not even guidelines for the DM. Outside of Stealth/Perception and Athletics/Acrobatics, there are no actual set DCs, nor anything talking about what sort of expectations a player might have about what they can achieve. I think that this is a major flaw, because most groups in my experience don't sit down and discuss the intricacies of the tone and themes of a specific campaign before starting it.
>>
>>44598523
That actually sounds amazing.

A blind summoner with a gimp leg who gets helped to move around by a bipedal eidolon partner.

I could have a lot of fun with that.
>>
>>44599079
Might as well make him Venerable too, so you've got the elderly summoner being helped
>>
>>44597618
>>44597861
>>44597986
>>44598456
>>44598891
>>44598958
Good ideas all except green-hating guy. Implemented now. I want to use this in my games now. And by now I mean when I regain consciousness.

Nightnight.
>>
>>44599127
Venerable of course, i'd definitely gestalt it with Dual Curse Oracle, if given the chance.

That said, it doesnt need multiclass, works fine by itself.
>>
>>44599079
I was thinking of either making it a Summoner, or some Wis based caster and go hard into Perception, and just buff allies when within reach
>>
>>44599219
See Oracle.
>>
File: giorgiotsoukalos.jpg (10KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
giorgiotsoukalos.jpg
10KB, 240x210px
>Everyone gets for free
Weapon Finesse
Vitality (get a number of d6s to heal yourself each day: your strength bonus up to a maximum of your level)

>You get this BY taking feats that say they require it (and waive that requirement)
Weapon Focus
Improved Unarmed Strike
Combat Expertise
>>
>>44599344
Congratulations of fixing whatever you set out to fix

I like you guys, you're like gnomes tinkering forever
>>
>>44599344
If you have negative Str do you take Xd6 points of damage per day, with X being the penalty?
>>
>>44599379
Sure, whenever you choose to like the guys with the bonus choose the right times for them. And you probably don't want to choose to but hey knock yourself out.
>>
>>44599344
Don't make vitality rolled, just make it equal to your HD+Con mod per level.
>But anon, that's giving players their entire HP as a secondary pool.
Yes so let them refill their main pool of HP with the secondary pool in between fights.
>But--
But fucking nothing, magic healing is still better than this.
>>
>>44599437
If I tell my group they get double-HP, they probably won't remember. If I tell them they can roll d6s to give themselves diseases, they'll cheer. Players love rolling.
>>
>>44599139
What's the font?
>>
Whats a better intimidator and overall utility class?

Mesmerist / Bard?
Dread / Antipaladin?
>>
>>44599609
Inquisitor is best
>>
>>44599609
Is that Gestalt?
Because Dread/Antipaladin is great.
>>
>>44599680
Yeah Gestalt.

I want to focus on making CHA my highest stat.

I find the Cult Leader Mesmerist/ Bard an attractive option as well.
>>
>>44599723

Bard (Archaeologist) into Noble Scion/Oracle
>>
>>44599723
Well Cult Leader Mesmerist/Bard doesn't have an aura of remove fear resistance.
Dread/Antipaladin does.
>>
>>44598211
Go check the Divination Handbook playtest. Literally has a Blind Swordsman Samurai archetype.
>>
>>44599723
You can get Int as your intimidation stat via a trait FYI. Make sure your attribute choice is actually optimal - it sounds like Cha is your better synergy but it doesn't hurt to examine the alternative. It can surprise you.
>>
File: gnomehips.jpg (224KB, 658x970px) Image search: [Google]
gnomehips.jpg
224KB, 658x970px
Look at this gnome.
>>
>>44599815
You have a problem and it's getting worse.
>>
>>44599815
ugly. now stop shitposting ok thanks
>>
>realize that the only reason I'm involved in this game is so I can build characters with goals, hopes, personalities, and desires
>you know, actual human beings
>the one thing I'm not
>>
Are there any classes that specialize in self modification, and wild shape?

I like the idea of summoner evolutions, combined with constant body modification via a feature like wild shape.
>>
>>44599999
Aberrant Aegis. Become Alex Mercer.
>>
>>44600045
Aberrant Aegis makes a shit Alex Mercer and you know it.

>>44599999
If you can into 3rd party, Spheres of Power's Shifters are all about transforming and modifying themselves.
>>
>>44600063
Can you provide a link to shifter?
>>
>>44600063
Spheres of Power has really shitty writing and is imbalanced as hell and you know it.
Also the art is terrible.
>>
>>44600081
PDF's too big for 4chan.

Any anons around got links to the downloads?

>>44600096
SOME parts of it are unbalanced. The rest of it's fine. And if you judge it based off the art, then you're a chump.
>>
>>44600109
Let's be fair, the art is really, REALLY bad.
>>
>>44600123
Yeah, and we got a version with the art cut out.
>>
>>44600123
>>44600135
There's also a version where the art is replaced with Drow.
>>
>>44600123
pics?
>>
>>44600175
You don't want to see that. Bloodforge looks good compared to that.
>>
>>44600156
Sadly, that version's a little out of date though.

If there was a drow edition of the most recent version, I'd love that, but DrowAnon hasn't felt the need to do it, I guess.
>>
File: Party Roster.png (741KB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Party Roster.png
741KB, 1000x2000px
So here's our current party. There are seven of us, though only a few of us will be reliably active, and it's going to be us against a growing empire dominated by this really, really intricate Vampire based caste system. Just 20 years ago, these lands were as free as any other land underneath a mostly feudal but in some ways modern society. Which basically meant - hey, the rulers were people, not undead abominations, so that's something, right? Also the bit about the blood tax and blood factories sort of squicks people out - but on the other hand, the currency tax is a lot smaller, and people are paid for it.

World's E10, we'll be starting at 6 and hitting level 10, and then getting a feat every time we would have gotten enough experience to hit level 11. Party makeup is as follows:

THE BAIT: A man so obviously a paladin, no one actually believes he's a paladin. Cleric 3/Ordained Defender 3/ Battle Templar 4.
THE HEAVY: An extremely tall half-elf who swings around a sword made for... well, actually, someone around her size, she's just that tall. Weapon Master Myrmidon 10.
THE MAGIC: A dwarven druid with a pet Roc named Boulder. That's his personality trait - his love of ale doesn't count, all Dwarves have that. Stalker 1/Druid 9.
THE SNEAK: A dwarven operational operator come down from the mountains in support of the rightful rulers of our blessed kingdom. A real BAMF going 10 levels of Stalker.
THE RANGER: An elf who was not only born in the ancestral elven forest, but left them too, because having undead as neighbors is some bad shit. Ranger 5/Hawkguard 5.
THE KNIGHT: A human who grew up after the war with stories about the old kingdoms, who wants to reclaim those glory days... and purge some fucking Vamps. Hawkguard 5/Phoenix Champion 5.
THE WILDCARD: Fucked if I know anything about this guy because the player hasn't really spoken much on the subject, beyond the bizarre combo of Mystic and Bloodrager.

The question is: Without a Wizard, how screwed are we?
>>
>>44599999
The DSP goetic spiritualist has a bunch of different forms and abilities it can get.

Nice quints.
>>
File: 1368072274065.jpg (182KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1368072274065.jpg
182KB, 1920x1080px
>>44600239
oh, gee.

I didn't even notice that.

I feel so special.
>>
>>44600186
Just post it
>>
File: 54eb5110257ffb494e6cd7880f94400c.jpg (271KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
54eb5110257ffb494e6cd7880f94400c.jpg
271KB, 1600x1200px
I remember reading this at one point in the pathfinder books but i cant seem to find it anywhere, one of my players wants to do this and thats why im bringing it to /pfg/.

If a characters parent races are gnome and dwarf (just as example races) how would the racial traits go? i know they would not get all the traits but how many would they get? would they receive only the "strongest" like dark vision over low light, they would gain spell like abilities, etc. I forget where i saw it but i know i saw it somewhere, like an exact formula of how it goes.

pic not related
>>
Bit of a random (and probably stupid) question but do any of you know any IRC clients that launch automatically when you startup your computer?
>>
>on a ship headed to Nidal
>we're all prisoners
>my character specifically was framed for murder and was supposed to be sentenced to labor in the marble quarries in Anchor's End
>the other members of the party are a revolutionary from Chu Ye who got captured by the Oni and sold off, and a Swashbuckler with sticky fingers

On the one hand, it's most definitely Good to help myself and these guys escape, but on the other hand, a prison-break is a Chaotic action by nature. Would I actually take an alignment penalty for this?
>>
File: 44b2e60542a31e64d28f1415df4d8a0c.jpg (906KB, 1400x751px) Image search: [Google]
44b2e60542a31e64d28f1415df4d8a0c.jpg
906KB, 1400x751px
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
Tell me about that fantasy genre you always wanted to play/run
>>
>>44600604
Skyships and Floating Continents and Islands

I want the party to start as lower strata adventurers as they elevate in ranks and levels, becoming mercenaries for chartered ships until they can afford their own ship.
Then it becomes more challenging as they can now inhabit one of the many unclaimed floating islands of the upper strata and slowly turn it into a flying fortress with its own merchant and mercenary charters.

Why are there floating islands and airships? Its because of a magical ore that rejects the pull of gravity. An enterprising player can fashion armor out of it, but they'd just sorta drift around aimlessly unless they can also design their own propulsion system.
>>
>>44600238
>JACK SPICER

Are you ever going to challenge him to a xiaolin showdown?
>>
>>44600604
Is that pedobear riding a broom?
>>
>>44600604
Fantasy campaign set in a post-apocalyptic modern era where many technologies like computers and phones stop working, but mechanical stuff like automobiles and firearms still function. The lack of technology failing to work is attributed to the return of magic.
>>
>>44600615
>unless they can also design their own propulsion system.

Decanter of Endless Water tapered to a pressure valve. Done.
But then the math involved to calculate the flight speed would be a bitch.
>>
>>44600705
>If the stopper is removed from this ordinary-looking flask and a command word spoken, an amount of fresh or salt water pours out. Separate command words determine the type of water as well as the volume and velocity.
>“Geyser” produces a 20-foot-long, 1-foot-wide stream at 30 gallons per round.

I'd rule it as moving 20ft per round.
>>
>>44600604
Witchcraft and Wizardry Academy

no bully
>>
File: seriously. not worth it..png (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
seriously. not worth it..png
8KB, 300x300px
>>44600740
>>
File: 1407761849826.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1407761849826.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>44600740
What the fuck are you even talking about bro? Seriously, nobody brought it up before you.
>>
>>44600759
This guy just randomly posts that in every /tg/ thread. report him for ban evading and move on.
>>
>>44595833
Any word on the Goetic's feat situation?
>>
File: senshi.jpg (26KB, 201x284px) Image search: [Google]
senshi.jpg
26KB, 201x284px
Which animal companion is good for a dorf druid whose dream is to become the best chef ever?
>>
>>44600585
You were wrongfully accused, which is a violation of the law. It's your duty to clear your name and see the true murderer brought to justice.
>>
>>44600993
That'd be great - if it was even possible to prove to anyone but the old priest of Aroden who defended her at her trial that the assailant wasn't even corporeal, let alone at the scene of the crime by the time the constabulary got there.

When they found her, she was trying to bury the victim, who had pulled a knife on her in an alleyway initially. Of course, her Phantom fully manifested for the very first time to protect her, and then just sort of left her there to take the fall.

Sure, Aroden-priest was laughed out of the courtroom, but he was closer than he knew when he said an evil spirit was responsible.

tl;dr, the one time "my imaginary friend I didn't know was real did it" is the truth. Had it been anyone who would leave a trace, they'd have found the guy already and exonerated her.
>>
File: make yourself at home.png (19KB, 1335x528px) Image search: [Google]
make yourself at home.png
19KB, 1335x528px
>>44592211
Tonight we grappled on a riverbank without our GM, and our resident optimizer found a new section of the Core Rulebook he hated: Aquatic Terrain. There is no hell more abstract than this.
>>
File: 14520723882781625624302.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
14520723882781625624302.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
Some OC, running a module adventure centered on a train, the module didn't have an image set for the tiles and the descriptions were mediocre so I winged it, also first time making any map pieces.
>>
>>44600963
A rat
>>
>>44601085
The murder was still done- in a way-in self-defense, so it was justified.

Being sent to Nidal is way too harsh a punishment for that.
>>
>>44601117
>centered on a train

Are there immortals trying to kill each other, incompetent thieves, and

>>44601121
Hence my mentioning in >>44600585
that she was supposed to go to the marble quarries in Anchor's End. Unfortunately, the captain of the prison ship she was on gut stuck in a calm and started running out of food, until a ship headed to Nisroch sailed by and offered them some supplies in exchange for prisoners.

This whole thing is a comedy of absurdities, and my group seems to think this the best backstory out of the entire cast.

Three, count 'em, three major contrivances to explain why I was waking up on a prison ship to Nidal with an LG on the "Alignment" section of my sheet, and the whole group's okay with it.

>>44600604
Hoping to run a How The Goblins Stole Crystalhue one-shot this Friday, since I didn't get to do it during the holidays.
>>
>>44601117
What are you doing, anon?
Why is your train still bound by normal laws when magic exists to make the train so much bigger on the inside that it functions much like a mall and apartment complex? Why is it still linear instead of branching between teleporter panels? Why does it still run along tracks? Why is it still transporting from place to place instead of from Plane to Plane?
>>
File: 14520733682751181026790.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
14520733682751181026790.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>44601181
Look man, I'm just running what the module describes (doesn't even have dimensions of the railway cars). On the upside, I learned a lot of cool things about passenger cars and superliners.
>>44601150
No just the party, passengers, crew, & Gnoll bandits wanting jewelry and booze.

Also one is double sided cause there's a diner car.
>>
>>44601181
I feel like this is taken from an actual fantasy novel, but I'm not sure.
>>
Made a telekineticist for my friends conquistadors campaign. What am I in for /pfg/? Potentially chucking thousands of lbs of debris sounds like fun to me.
>>
>>44601399
Kineticist is a very divided topic, but there's one in my Hungry Are The Dead party and he's the reason I didn't get buried under a pile of 15 ghouls.

The pile was only 7 ghouls before the Sorcerer showed up and Hasted me. And then I kept missing anyway.

I really, /really/ hate rolling badly.
>>
>>44601120
rat companion has filth disease though. totally won't pass the health inspection
>>
>>44601436
>divided

*divisive. I really can't into words today.
>>
>>44601436
what's it like to be hasted as a kineticist?

I cannot imagine that it feels any different than normal.
>>
>>44601455
No, the Kineticist was the one sniping ghouls off me.

I was the Inquis with the bad rolls.
>>
>>44601399
Don't even think about doing damage. Just focus on utility and battlefield control.

Dropping 10,000lb of debris will only do little damage, but not many creature and lift them up so they should be consider pinned under the debris. Don't forget you can also use pushing infusion to push people into pitfall/cliff and use foe throw to reposition the enemies.

Outside of combat, just stay in Telekenetic Invisibility all day long and steal stuff from 100 feet away.
>>
>>44601465
Seems like a class that you just gotta be creative with to be good with.
>>
>>44601455
Haste affect Kinetic Whip. Pretty useful with Entangling Infusion to keep the enemy in place.
>>
File: evil genius.gif (466KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
evil genius.gif
466KB, 250x188px
>>44600238
>Jack Spicer

You've got the prince of darkness on your side. I think you'll be okay without a Wizard.
>>
>>44600604

Currently running my 2nd Spelljammer themed game.

This time, instead of transporting a box containing damning evidence of a kingdom's plot in causing space fantasy WWI, the PCs are sent to explore another galaxy as test experiments, I mean, honored explorers for a crazy cabal that's focused on planar magic. Spoiler, it succeeds, and brings in them from a different plane/reality where it worked. Meanwhile they're sent to a different plane/alternative timeline where the experiment failed, rending the galaxy into a hellish place to live until shit calmed down, got raped again, and life sprung up again.

So far I'm having trouble thinking up of some factions in it.

The factions so far are:

Forsaken: Robots, golems, and other constructs given sentience. They woke up in battlefields, factories, etc, and wondered how the hell they came to be. Now they travel the galaxy trying to find out what happened, where they come from, and how to reproduce since now some of them are dying from old age. Think of the black mages from FF9. Some are hostile to organic life, some refuse to accept death and work ways to figure out how to not die, and others accepted their lives and now are more or less live like buddhist monks.

Then I got an idea about fey that go around invading worlds trying to install towers to pull entire worlds into the fey plane.
>>
So, fellow Anons, which classes make for the beast meatwalls? Trying to come up with a potential NPC for a campaign that can join the party since the people I play with tend to play frail murder hobos who died with a sneeze in their general direction. (And yes I've tried to nudge the suggestion one of them should play something with higher then a d8 hit die but they won't budge).
>>
>>44601455
More or less. I don't think /pfg/ would hate Kineticist if the Kinetic Blast could be used as part of a full-attack action.
>>
>Dex character
>Wand of mage armor
>Buckler in left hand
>In a stance that gives +4 dodge AC

>AC way higher than the rest of the party, some recent enemies can't hit me except on a nat20
>Dodge bonuses also apply to CMD so that's pretty decent too

I actually feel kind of guilty about it.
How do I feel less guilty about having silly high AC along with solid DPR?
>>
>>44601879
Also yes being flatfooted hurts, but with high dex comes high initiative so that doesn't happen often.
>>
>>44601879
Tell your GM to attack your will save.
>>
>>44602052
What if my main two stats are DEX and WIS and my fort is also passable
>>
>>44602052
inb4 invisible alchemist throwing bombs at you. That seems to be my GM answer to every build with high AC.
>>
>>44601735
a party of d8 hit die is fine. Your party just needs to abuse Summon Monster . Joking aside the difference between d8 and d10 is only 1 hp per level. Having 10 more hp at level 10 will rarely make a difference when your enemies can do 70-80 damage per round.

Anyway for your question... Oradin is the obvious answer.
>>
>>44592431
>http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t7zz?Path-of-War-Tome-of-Battle

The whole 'I don't like PoW or ToB going against the Inigo Montoya, Conan or King Arthur feeling of martials' has always confused me because I don't know why you would want to play those characters in a game like D&D/PF. Hyboria was very low magic for example so the whole thing of Conan relying on his physical abilities, luck and skill actually works. PF is pretty much high magic no matter what way you spin it and trying to shoehorn in 'realistic' martial classes alongside guys who can fly at even relatively low levels is just bizarre. It just doesn't even make sense from a narrative perspective.
>>
>>44601879
AC means shit against saves.

A smart GM attacks you with will saves.
>>
>>44602780
Inigo Montoya and Dread Pirate Roberts also literally discuss the maneuvers and stances they were using. That fight scene could not have been more ToB/PoW if it tried.
>>
>>44602910
If they didn't shout out FIVE SHADOW CREEPING ICE ENERVATION STRIKE then it's normal combat maneuvers until printed in a ttrpg book, after that it's weeb trash.
>>
>>44602930
which fucking combat maneuvers?
>>
>>44599999
>>44600239
I actually had ideas for a class that is rather literally what quints requested, using metamorphosis and wild shape. Not for PsiAug: Occult, though, but for something I'm hoping to pitch sometime after.

>>44600826
No, right now I'm working on my other offering for PsiAug: Occult, and I'm kind of hoping that by the time that's done, there will be done real playtest data to consider for goetic.
>>
>>44599139
What is this?
>>
>>44600238
quick question what prc is phoenix champion
>>
Which one of the psion disciplines focus on telekinesis or alternatively which is the best dicsipline.
>>
>>44603420
Best discipline is metacreativity.
>>
Commission anon from the other day. He finished the piece.

https://pp.vk.me/c633317/v633317347/a736/ASQOC5tUsHU.jpg
>>
>>44602780
>using Conan as a justification
Conan strait up murders dozens of sorcerers in his travels.

He's smart as fuck, has incredible will saves, dextrous, master of many weapons, stronk, and a nearly unreachable CON.

You couldnt possibly Stat Conan without using PoW supplements (Primal Fury bitches) or giving his point buy at 50+ or going gestalt.

Conan, DC/Marvel Superheros, and weebos like Guts cannot be stated properly because of protagonist syndrome and plot armor. Trying to do so without PoW is easily as silly because we're talking about supercharged heroes with tons of skills and combat prowess.
>>
>>44603981
Looks like an image for gay babies.
>>
>>44603981
Those nips are NOT finished
>>
>>44603981
Someone paid for this?
>>
Why do Paizo has a hard-on for Cat companion? Big Cat is already good. There is no reason for them to add War Cat.

Meanwhile Bear is still the worst companion ever.
>>
>>44604126
Maybe they're the worst companions because they're unbearable?
>>
>>44604126
Could be worse, could have a core monk as your companion.
>>
>>44604158
I mean if you had an archer monk companion and never expected him to do anything but fling arrows at shit I'd say a monk might make a fairly decent walking arrow turret.
>>
>>44603347
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZdXjLE6f_cLl6z1wtMdxfQXIlfb4od0Yc_a931tR6o/edit
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/monster-feats/improved-natural-attack
Wait what was a core Monk actually fucking expected to take? What is he supposed to DO?
>>
>>44604512
Not unless he has a natural weapon, and if he's core only he prolly won't
>>
>>44604632
HE HAS HIS FISTS
WHY WAS THIS CHANGED
>>
>>44604512
+1 damage is hardly worth a feat.
>>
>>44604654
It distinctly says 'not a unarmed strike'
Don't look at me, I didn't write the damn thing.
>>
Let's say you can jump 30 feet in the air using your natural acrobatics. Would you take 3d6 falling damage on the landing despite the fact that you are naturally capable of jumping that high?
>>
>>44604512
Unarmed Strike isn't natural attack anyway.
>>
>>44604860
It was in 3.5.
>>
Do dinosaurs lives in specific place in the Inner Sea Region? Deinonychus appear on random encounter table so I guess they aren't that rare?
>>
File: 1404008046173.gif (240KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1404008046173.gif
240KB, 480x270px
>>44602910
>>44602930
And let's not forget that with things like Murderstrike, Stance of the Hawk, Up-High Down-Low, and many others of a similar vein, actual real-world European combat sounds ludicrously ToB/PoW.
Extraordinary versions of real-life combat arts as disciplines when, DSP?
>>
>>44603981
>finished
Yeah, right. Hope you didn't pay more than a few bucks for that.
>>
New bread when?
>>
>>44605083
Page 10 as usual. Or you can make it yourself.
>>
>>44604716
Yeah, they decided that in pathfinder monks didn't need to take INA, probably because they were broken in 3.5. I mean, 3d8 is 2.5 more damage than 2d10!
>>
>>44605262
>>44605262
>>44605262
>>44605262
>>44605262

New bread lads
>>
>>44602962
Well, I'll toss some playtesting at you:

So far the wording of Ars Goetia, it's a bit confusing. I've taken it to be "any feat chain dependent on one of the listed feats" whereas other people at the table have been questioning if it should be just feats that directly require it.

EG: For Psychokinesis I took Martial Training I and II, there was some debate if it meant I could also take Martial Training III, IV, V, and VI at later levels.

Telekinetic Crush is solid as a damage bonus, but the rider never kicks in because I'm never fighting enemies that don't fight back, it's been great on this build, but the rider has been somewhat pointless.

Energetic Aura is really solid, but it gets confusing when it doesn't correspond to my active energy type from Elemental Flux (which I had taken with Martial Training)

Energy Rage is a nice, if odd ability, it ends up conflicting with the bonus on Telekinetic Crush, as it's a pretty OK tool for punishing an enemy for hitting something other than you.

Psychokinetic Crush briefly allowed me to keep up with the barbarian for damage (I had pounce from another source)

Energy Arena: Shahrazad? Shahrazad.

Psychokinetic Sphere is a really solid ability, but 1/day at level 16 is... not stellar? Obviously too strong for at will.

And I haven't reached the capstones yet to test either. I'll post results with other spirits later, I've mainly been using Psychokinesis.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.