[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made a game using The Power Armor CYOA, and tl;dr my friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: NEOTOKYO___Folder_Image.jpg (196KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
NEOTOKYO___Folder_Image.jpg
196KB, 600x600px
I made a game using The Power Armor CYOA, and tl;dr my friend is becoming a BBEG. WHAT DO.

Background
>Present Day: battle suits full of alien tech fall all across the earth
>not long after, a colony of space-faring refugees drop warp around Jupiter and make first contact
>human tech booms
>biological and cybernetic modification of the human body for combat/rehabilitation/specialization/fashion/lifestyle is a daily reality
>the microprocessor (now more powerful than ever) is now playing second fiddle to quantum computation
>nanomachines, son

Political Atmosphere
>America is attempting to regulate suits and recruit/detain suit users, and has named elves public enemies
>EU is in general political disarray
>the caliphates have been shattered
>North Korea has opened its borders fully and integrated with South Korea into the United Korean Republic
>China, meanwhile, has slammed a Red Curtain around its borders
>Russia is in the middle of a full-blown civil war
>Japan is undergoing a second economic boom

The Team
>me and two friends are playing ourselves (because 'tism/power trip fantasy/FRIENDSHIP)
>I am basically Falcon from Captain America: Winter Soldier but with cloaking, a suite of sensors, a pulse rifle and a sniper rifle
>been a protector and a bodyguard for hire since Suitfall, essentially NG by actions (alignments don't matter in this setting, only actions and words)
>Friend 1 (henceforth known as Snake) is a squishy ninja assassin-for-hire
>all stealth, all the time
>CN all the way; pay him and his bean claw are yours to command
>Friend 2 (henceforth known as Rhino)... well
>his suit is the biggest type in-game, a fortress that has a handful of heavily-armed drones on command and can fit up to 15 other people (!!!)
>he has augmented it with the ability to fly, and given it upgraded capacitors, comms, and enviroment control
>his suit is essentially a firebase, signal station, spaceship, siege weapon, and armored transport all rolled into one
Part 1 of ???
>>
>>44533194
Rocks fall and kill everyone, they were really big rocks going super fast.
>>
File: Go-Go-Gadget Go-Fuck-Yourself.jpg (197KB, 575x800px) Image search: [Google]
Go-Go-Gadget Go-Fuck-Yourself.jpg
197KB, 575x800px
>>44533194
Part 2 of ???
>Rhino... is decidedly LE
>when our makeshift home was attacked, he misdirected me into shooting a guy that was already surrendering
>he keeps another member of that same attack as an indentured servant-mercenary of sorts, under constant threat of violence
>he's already blown up half of Area 51 when the original mission was for intelligence gathering

The Situation
>basically, the suits were sent to Earth by an alliance of galactic resistance vs an imperialistic aggressor force that has a significant chunk of known space under its power (if not under heavy influence)
>the aggressor force, meanwhile, had sent and been sending ambassadors and scientists to Earth since the Roswell Incident
>they're coming to either integrate Earth into the galactic political stage as a new member, or to plunder and conquer, depending on who you believe
>my players don't know this
>one of the three main factions in this game is a secret society that wants to link up with the forces coming our way, and elevate humanity to the next level
>the players know of the society, but not their motives
>Rhino has agreed to infiltrate the Yakuza (another faction, that we're already in good with), to fund something
>this something is a WMD
>he says he's building it as a defense against hostile invasion
>he says he's also building it as an ace in the hole
>as a "last resort", he's wanting to basically glass an entire continent ("if need be"), to make room for his Elven kingdom
>quick background- the game allows you to become Elven; it expands your lifespan to 300 years and alters your appearance
>mfw strongly considering a contingency against my own friend, who has become an anime villain
What do, guys.
>>
>>44533349
I'm not looking to retcon this. This is my first time as GM, and before I start making my Thou Shalt Not list and being That GM, I want to attempt a game in which my players have a hand in shaping the world. Basically, the ending of this adventure will determine our next adventure.

BUUUT... I'm Good. I can't, as a character, allow Rhino to just slaughter scores for his own insane megalomania.
>>
Does anyone have any suggestions as to dealing with this in-character?
>>
>>44534219
Is there a reason America has not put him on public enemy #1 list and paid the ninja to kill him?
>>
>>44535192
We ran off to Canada in the meantime. America is looking to detain the elves at this point.
>>
>>44533194
I'm very interested
>>
File: PowerArmorCYOATE-2.0-pg1.png (4MB, 1600x6000px) Image search: [Google]
PowerArmorCYOATE-2.0-pg1.png
4MB, 1600x6000px
>>44533194
Don't forget this, Friendo
>>
File: PowerArmorCYOATE-2.0-pg2.png (7MB, 1600x8288px) Image search: [Google]
PowerArmorCYOATE-2.0-pg2.png
7MB, 1600x8288px
>>44536264
>>
To those still in the thread, I'm asking for a way to offset his actions with as little direct offensive action as possible. Right now, we're still pretty much on the same path, even if the whole "glass America for the coming Elven Kingdom" made us argue quite a bit. Ideally, he'd not know we're behind these activities, at least not until we basically had him on the ropes. Bonus points for not killing him, because he's still my friend, even if he is evil.
>>
File: already_a_demon.jpg (58KB, 424x505px) Image search: [Google]
already_a_demon.jpg
58KB, 424x505px
>>44533194
>henceforth known as Snake
My advice at this point is to let it happen, OP. Just let it happen.

Pic related.
>>
>>44537680
>that pic
...it'd almost be worth the derailment and the dead just to see how our heroes Snake and I would handle the horror of it all, and completing the list of analogues between him and Boss.
>>
>>44533194
>I made a game using The Power Armor CYOA, and tl;dr my friend is becoming a BBEG. WHAT DO.
This is future campaign bait gold mate. Like, good god if I was in your position I would grab onto it and take it for all it's worth. So much potential for future campaigns in that setting, I would love to have been in your group.
>>
>>44538861
That's the hard part. I'm torn between my naturally Good nature and my desire to be a radical GM.

See, that was the original intent: depending on what the group did, the world would change.
>Side with the secret society that wants to parlay with the aliens? Open Sol System, space-faring adventure.
>Side with the Yakuza? Quarantined planet, cyberpunk adventure.
>Side with the US Gov't? Red Dawn meets Independence Day.
The possibilities are almost endless.

Seriously, I'm imagining the turn of events and it is GLORIOUS. I'm currently working on a post-human Elven Terra questline now. Of course, this is assuming I don't get tired of his shit as a GM (or we fuck his day up in-game), but that's just another joy of first-time GMing for me. I COULD DO THIS SHIT ALL DAY.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.