[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can Humanity win with the current circumstances in the world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

Failbaddon has forces on cadia and has taken out the cadian gate.

The Tyranid hive fleet is on its way to fuck everyone over.

The Eldar are close to making Ynned a thing.

The dark eldar are.... actually, theyre still doing their thing from commoragh.

Grazkhull (I thinks thats how you spell it) is on his ever expanding WAAAAAAAAAAGH and yarrick still hasnt killed him yet.

The tau are.... actually, I dont know what the Tau are doing.

The necrons are.... still sleeping I guess? Szarekh is on his way to wake them all up though.

Chaos forces (Daemons) are on their way to support failbaddon.

And whats worse is that the EMPRAH is dying and no one knows how to stop it.
>>
>>44523827
>How can Humanity win with the current circumstances in the world of 40k?

They can't. That's the whole point.
>>
Roboute Guilliman is about to wake up.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 759x821px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 759x821px
>>44523827
The Ultramarines.
>>
>>44523827
They can't.

Humans aren't even working toward their own win condition. Their only chance is explicitly to become a psychic race, but they kill all their psykers either by Empsfeeding, stakeburning, or combat roles, and actively prohibit them from breeding.

The point of the Imperium is that it is stupid and awful to the point where no one can save it.
>>
>>44523879
And humanity dug it's own grave and deserves extonction
>>
>And whats worse is that the EMPRAH is dying and no one knows how to stop it.

When EMPRAH dies his soul will be reborn as the Star Child and humanity will enter its second golden age.
>>
>>44523827
They can't. Beating Tyranids would require all resources of the Imperium and now they failed against Black Crusade and Tau. Orkz are not going anywhere too.
>>
>>44524218
And huge warpstorm will consume Astronomican, the biggest Hive world in the galaxy, the biggest Forge World and forces of Segmentum Solar...
>>
>>44523906
Careful with that edge
>>
>>44524218
And Earth will turn into the Super Eye of Terror.
>>
>>44523827
AND PROMS TOMORROW!
>>
>>44523827
The only way humanity could someone get a win condition is through pure luck, and they would have nothing to do with it. Humanity's only real way to win is either The Emperor comes back to life without everyone getting fucked in the process, or literally everyone but humanity starts fighting each other forgetting about the imperium, giving humanity a bit of time to rebuild and recover for the first time in 10,000 years.
>>
>>44524429
Well. humanity in 40K did and it's not edgy to say so.

Chaos is just the evil of mankind reflected back at it. Did you know that Chaos is so human centric that when daemons were fighting the Tau, the daemons were speaking in Gothic?
>>
>>44523827
Necrons, Orkz and Tyranids somehow destroy each other, being the three most apocalyptically powerful factions once they've woken up/unified in full. This is extremely unlikely, but still somewhat possible.

Chaos will probably kill Ynnead if he doesn't get any help from anywhere, though he will most likely be birthed at a similar time as the God Emperor, who should, hypothetically, be slowly transforming into the "Chaos" God of Faith, still not sure if this is enough but let's assume it is.

Tau are no threat on a galactic level, all they're doing right now is weakening the general Imperium. So assuming all of the equally unlikely previously mentioned conditions are met, then Humanity might, MIGHT have a chance.
>>
>>44524469
You know the Tau don't have a Warp presence, right?

Also, what is Slaanesh?

Holy shit stop making yourself look so bad.
>>
>>44524469
I haven't read Chaos and Tau fluff since 5 ed and I am not missing anything valuable
>>
>>44523827
AND I INVITED TWO GIRLS TO THE SAME DATE!
>>
>>44524518
Psss, that guy doesn't even know Chaos was supposed to reflect both positive and negative aspects of sentient beings.
>>
>>44524518
>You know the Tau don't have a Warp presence, right?

What does that have to do with anything? Are you like retarded?

I am just telling you guys that daemons are speaking and shouting Gothic (the human language) while fighting aliens. Chaos is overfed on humanity so much that it's practically just a daemon version of it.
>>
>>44524566
Piss off, Alfabusa. You series a shit.
>>
>>44524218
>>44524413
And now, all I can think of is a story I'd seen the beginning parts of that went a whooole other way. The Golden Throne failing completely, Warp Storms galore and... in the end, the Emperor did ascend...
To become the fifth Chaos God.

"The God of Tyranny, the cruel overseer" and a litany of other titles for his role. Only partially restrained by what remained of his compassion for humanity.
>>
>>44524603
That was in the old fluff, boy. Keep reading HH and new shit.
>>
>>44524625
No, it wasn't.

Chaos was always pure evil. Whatever positive aspects in it is overshadowed completely by negative.

Please don't tell me what's in the old stuff when you haven't read it.
>>
>>44524648
>Chaos was always pure evil. Whatever positive aspects in it is overshadowed completely by negative.
Wow, what a crappy new fluff
>>
>>44524648
Furthermore, since Chaos is the mirror image of humanity's soul, then it means that humanity as a species is a horrid and corrupt thing that deserves to be destroyed.

Any who disagrees is a cretin with no morals or sense of justice.
>>
>>44524585
It means daemons have no frame of reference for Tau you fucking nigger.

Also, learn your shit, Slaanesh is the direct of the Eldar alone.

Demons speaking Gothic means fuck all, humans are as much at fault for it as anything else, but the writers are human-centric. Chaos represents negative and positive emotions. Stop looking like such a retard.
>>
>>44524686
You are too young to post on 4chan. Tell your parents to block this site.
>>
File: Khorne lore.png (434KB, 991x1340px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne lore.png
434KB, 991x1340px
>>44524678
It's old fluff, anon (picture related). Didn't know tonight was clueless hipster night.
>>
>>44524711
>posting fantasy fluff regarding WH40k
Carnac, just fuck off
>>
>>44524686
>"I hate myself and you should too"
>>
>>44524686
>of humanity's soul

Yeah, Slaanesh wants a word you massive fucking blind retard.
>>
>>44524697
>It means daemons have no frame of reference for Tau you fucking nigger.

Except the daemons were fighting Orks as well as Tau in that battle so there goes your shitty justification.

>Also, learn your shit, Slaanesh is the direct of the Eldar alone.

Nope, he was created by the Eldar but his main power source is humanity.

>Demons speaking Gothic means fuck all, humans are as much at fault for it as anything else, but the writers are human-centric. Chaos represents negative and positive emotions. Stop looking like such a retard.

Nope, Chaos is utterly negative and humanity is outright stated in the Chaos's main food source so no wonder they were speaking Gothic.

You are being retarded for shoehorning your headcanon into this discussion and ignoring the lore inn the Chaos codexes.
>>
>>44524743
It's true though we should hate him.
>>
>>44524732
Realm of Chaos is for 40K and fantasy, you idiot

Do you enjoy being a moron?

>>44524748

See

>>44524754
>>
>>44524754
>Except the daemons were fighting Orks as well as Tau in that battle so there goes your shitty justification.

Tau have no sizeable soul to generate emotional ripples in the Warp, they're also a small race, Chaos doesn't mimic them because they're literally so pathetic on a psychic medium that it doesn't register or generate effects like the collective emotions of Humanity.

>Nope, he was created by the Eldar but his main power source is humanity.

Right now, this is actually true, but the same can be said for any psychic/pseudo-psychic race if it holds the top spot, Chaos always finds its food.

>Nope, Chaos is utterly negative and humanity is outright stated in the Chaos's main food source so no wonder they were speaking Gothic.

Main food source being Humanity? Yes. Entirely negative? No. The negative aspects of Human emotion currently outweigh the positives to quite a large degree, I'll admit, but that's kinda hard to change given the horrific state the average Human is in. Chaos does sometimes show glimmers of positive things, such as Nurgle's love, it's just usually tainted by all the fear, pain, desire and rage that's currently flooding the Immaterium.
>>
File: chaos and mankind.png (151KB, 412x435px) Image search: [Google]
chaos and mankind.png
151KB, 412x435px
Chaos has fed on mankind and grow so strong that it threats the galaxy and all life in it.

The fact that's so destructive and evil is proof that humanity is cunt of a species. Why even support it? It must be destroyed.
>>
File: skelerattle.gif (425KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
skelerattle.gif
425KB, 512x512px
>>44523827
>The Tyranid hive fleet is on its way to fuck everyone over.
>The necrons are.... still sleeping I guess? Szarekh is on his way to wake them all up though.
necrons intercept the tyranid fleet, huge battle between the coalition and the tyranid hive

>The Eldar are close to making Ynned a thing.
>The dark eldar are.... actually, theyre still doing their thing from commoragh.
eldar aren't really a threat to humanity unless your farseers say to go kill all humans or something

>Grazkhull (I thinks thats how you spell it) is on his ever expanding WAAAAAAAAAAGH and yarrick still hasnt killed him yet.
yarrick kills him in single combat, with his powerfist, riding a baneblade, in space

>The tau are.... actually, I dont know what the Tau are doing.
tau will have a civil war

>Chaos forces (Daemons) are on their way to support failbaddon.
>And whats worse is that the EMPRAH is dying and no one knows how to stop it.
armlessman pushes all the way to terra with his forces, emprah dies and is reborn. he kills failbaddon and routs the chaos forces
>>
>>44524769
Muh Chaos Dwarfs and Goblins in space!
>>
>>44524804
>Evil
>Must be destroyed
>40k
>Thinking morals actually matter in the 41st Millennium, when the galaxy has reverted to a battle of survival

Anon, morals are, at the very best, a result of survival instincts imprinted on every being with sentience. Giving them value beyond this in this particular setting would be nothing but a sign of weakness, whether a self-imposed need for justification or a way to escape the crushing reality that nothing anyone does has any inherent universal value.
>>
>>44524617
Nah, Empy would be the God of Order. Apart from debatable mistakes, nothing he has done in the lead up to the 42nd Millenium has been in aid of chaos.
>>
>>44524791
>Tau have no sizeable soul to generate emotional ripples in the Warp, they're also a small race, Chaos doesn't mimic them because they're literally so pathetic on a psychic medium that it doesn't register or generate effects like the collective emotions of Humanity.

Utterly irrelevant to the whole conversation. The point is that daemons in the fight against aliens both Orks and Tau, were speaking in Gothic.

The Tau nature has nothing to do with the daemons choosing to speak Gothic as they slew Orks and Tau alike.

>Right now, this is actually true, but the same can be said for any psychic/pseudo-psychic race if it holds the top spot, Chaos always finds its food.

Another irrelevant thing. No race in the galaxy now that are as morally bankrupt as mankind. Without them, Chaos would be much diminished so my point about the galaxy being better off if all mankind dropped dead is a valid one.

>Entirely negative? No.

Yes.

Like I said whatever positive in Chaos is utterly overshadowed by the negative. The whole thing about the Chaos Gods having good sides are not true at all.

For example, Khorne is outright stated to have no honour or mercy in his heart. He is a god of absolute and mindless destruction.
>>
File: 0.jpg (243KB, 760x1113px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
243KB, 760x1113px
sorry to be off topic but could someone give the comic that parodies this one image related.
In the parody "Mac" turns to the powers of Chaos and kills the bully.

I have been seaching forever and cant find it
>>
File: Archaon's Destiny.png (4MB, 1968x1172px) Image search: [Google]
Archaon's Destiny.png
4MB, 1968x1172px
>>44524825
>armlessman pushes all the way to terra with his forces, emprah dies and is reborn. he kills failbaddon and routs the chaos forces

Because that worked so well in fantasy.

>>44524849
Morals matter in a setting where gods created by emotions exist. Daemons are born from th excessive sins of mankind.

Going again for Khorne as an example, he is the, as the fluff puts it, a manifestation of every senseless murder and killing in mankind' history. a Moral race would not spawn or empower something like Khorne.
>>
>>44524871
True enough. It just struck me as an interesting concept... and that someone fond a way to make life WORSE in that setting.
>>
>>44524920
>Utterly irrelevant to the whole conversation. The point is that daemons in the fight against aliens both Orks and Tau, were speaking in Gothic.
>The Tau nature has nothing to do with the daemons choosing to speak Gothic as they slew Orks and Tau alike.

Yes, but at the same time the Daemons are only speaking Gothic because it is the primary language belonging to their greatest sources of food. More likely than not they spoke Eldar during the Fall, for some short amount of time. A Daemon doesn't inherently have the choice sentient beings has, since it's literally made of pre-determined emotions and thought patterns. Though we can both agree on this point looking at your previous posts, so shall we consider this section closed?

>Another irrelevant thing. No race in the galaxy now that are as morally bankrupt as mankind. Without them, Chaos would be much diminished so my point about the galaxy being better off if all mankind dropped dead is a valid one.

Entirely headcanon. All other races either process emotions differently or are currently in a far better state on an individual level than Humans. Tau have never proven their ability to inherently be morally superior to Humans, providing both suffer the same stimuli through their lives.

>Whatever positive in Chaos is utterly overshadowed by the negative. The whole thing about the Chaos Gods having good sides are not true at all. For example, Khorne is outright stated to have no honour or mercy in his heart. He is a god of absolute and mindless destruction.

Slaanesh offering pleasure, Nurgle suffering from genuine love for Isha, Tzeentch granting knowledge and understanding, sometimes bolstering allies a well as enemies.

Khorne is a good example of something that's almost entirely negative, I'll give you that, but it's hard to instil something inherently positive into the avatar of rage and anger.
>>
>>44523827
They cant.
>>
>>44524871
LIES.

The Solar Priest which is a manifestation of the Emperor said that the Emperor is taking part of the Great Game of Chaos.

He might aid Chaos but he sure likes to play in their game. A game designed for Chaos entities
>>
>>44525093
>game is about dominion over the immaterium and the influence over realspace
>emp tries to win over evils incarnate
>it means emp is evil!1!

Seriously, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>44525056
>Slaanesh offering pleasure

A lure to damnation.

>Nurgle suffering from genuine love for Isha,

Bullshit.

Nurglie just loves to torment Isha and make her miserable. He has been trying to kill her ever since he captured her.

>Tzeentch granting knowledge and understanding,

At the cost of the sanity, freewill, and souls of anyone any access them.

Nothing you said makes indicates that they have good in them.

>Entirely headcanon. All other races either process emotions differently or are currently in a far better state on an individual level than Humans. Tau have never proven their ability to inherently be morally superior to Humans, providing both suffer the same stimuli through their lives.

A combination of being a psychic species and being extremely morally depraved makes humanity too dangerous to exist.

The Tau are not attuned to the warp and are in fact due to their naive nature morally superior to mankind. The Tau balk at the extreme evil the Imperium commits as a matter of routine.
>>
>>44524648
Aren't they evil because the old ones altered the warp so that the negative emotions where stronger?
>>
>>44525187
I am not saying that the Emperor is evil (Though, he is big cunt going by the HH series). I am saying that he is going Chaotic.

The God of Order crap ain't happening.
>>
>>44525196
>A lure to damnation.

All pleasure has the inherent capability of triggering obsession and addiction.

>Bullshit. Nurglie just loves to torment Isha and make her miserable. He has been trying to kill her ever since he captured her.

Could I ask for a source on that? Because I really think I'm going to need a source on that.

>At the cost of the sanity, freewill, and souls of anyone any access them.

Knowledge so exotic and terrifying is likely to drive anyone insane, you can't put the fault of a non-Eldar mind on somebody giving the gift that was asked of.

Relinquishing of free-will? Do explain. Whether through Tzeentch's schemes or no, you are an inherent slave to your neurochemical balance and the people around you, putting a label on something doesn't automatically make it evil. Besides, Tzeentchians consistently show a greater practical freedom than those dedicated to the Imperium or Tau Empire, free of the majority of moral restraints.

None of this is inherently, 100% evil, many of them having a slight glimmer of goodness to them. Having a coin with both an upside and a downside doesn't make the entire coin inherently negative.

>A combination of being a psychic species and being extremely morally depraved makes humanity too dangerous to exist.

Same with virtually every psychic race by most forms of logic, for such species have always fallen to Chaos throughout history. So either you condemn the lives of everything not bearing a soul, or you accept Chaos as an entity. If you choose the former, why not pick Tyranids or Necrontyr? They are the perfect, self-serving societies without a dangerous Warp-presence, both of them being far, far beyond the capabilities of the Tau Empire in full.
>>
File: End Times Chaos (1).png (2MB, 2126x948px) Image search: [Google]
End Times Chaos (1).png
2MB, 2126x948px
>>44525249
>"You are a threat to the Singer"
>"The fate you seek to engineer cannot be allowed to come to pass"
>"These instruments of destruction? The damnation of Mankind?"
>"Your are the death of empires"
>You will be the end of the Imperium. Is this what you wanted for yourselves when you first looked up to the night sky as children on your home worlds?"

-Quotes from The avatar of the Emperor aka The Solar priest speaking to and about Abaddon and his companions

Posted this before and I will post it again. The Solar Priest is a being of prophecy he said that the path Khayon and the gang are taking will lead destruction of the Imperium and the death of the Emperor. He then tried to prevent them from reaching Abaddon. It's implied in the novel that the Solar Priest would haunt Abaddon and Khayon in his quest to stop them.

I think this means that the Emperor at some levels fears Abaddon for what he is going to become and do.
>>
File: Court of Change.png (169KB, 2290x856px) Image search: [Google]
Court of Change.png
169KB, 2290x856px
>>44525353
>All pleasure has the inherent capability of triggering obsession and addiction.

Slaanesh pleasure is tailored specifically to lure you in to the path of damnation. It's not just any mundane buzz.

>Could I ask for a source on that? Because I really think I'm going to need a source on that.

Index Chaotic : Garden of Nurgle

>Knowledge so exotic and terrifying is likely to drive anyone insane, you can't put the fault of a non-Eldar mind on somebody giving the gift that was asked of.

Even if it doesn't drive them insane, the knowledge comes will damn them and eternally will be Tzeentch's playthings. The gift is a trap.

Tugged left and right by their souls by their god. The Tzeentchian's will never know peace in this life or the next.

Only one servant of Tzeentch was going to be freed from that fate but the fates decided otherwise (picture related).

>why not pick Tyranids or Necrontyr?

Already do.

The Necrons are the only race that can impose order and proper peace on the galaxy. The Tyranids too in their own way.

And I am advocating for the death of all psychic species. I advocating for the culling of races that are too weak or too corruptible to enjoy the psychic gift.

The Craftworlds proved that a race can be psychic while maintaining a strong moral fiber and control over emotions.
>>
>>44524791
The issue is that the war I heaven set off a garbage in garbage out loop with the realm of souls that can't really be stopped and can only escalate as most races will try to fight chaos and in doing so empower it further with their hate, obsession, despair and backhanded schemes to stop it
>>
>>44524804
If humans just vanished one day chaos would just bide its time for the next race to sit in the asshole chair
>>
>>44525649
And I am not advocating for the death of all psychic species*
>>
>>44525649
While I still disagree with you on the level that even that proves Chaos as entirely negative, we obviously have differences in moral code, myself believing that positives and negatives result in a balanced morality, rather than entirely evil. I think it would be best if we let that part of the topic go.

As for the Craftworlds proving that a race can maintain a strong moral fiber? They're a hyper-arrogant, almost to the point of blind naivety race that was spawned from the Eldar Empire, a race that once had its control over all emotions, only to fall to hedonism. We also see Humans and the like with control over their emotions, so... No, there is not psychic race beyond the emotionless Tyranids that can be trusted.

But at least I can see your point in Necrontyr being the most likely to bring peace, and this is, rather obviously, coming from somebody who supports some aspects of Chaos.
>>
>>44525767
Without humanity around, Orks would be the dominant race in the galaxy.

Chaos doesn't have much influence on Orkdom.
>>
The necrons will end up in a stale mate with the tyranids once they all wake up/arrives orks will gravitate towards the epicenter of the fighting, but chaos is still mostly focused on humans both for their ubiquity and the amount of shit we've misguidedly added to the warp, the Tai are growing slowly but that could be more of a wildcard then pure bad, eldar are going to dick around assuming they have any real relevance in the galaxy while they slowly grind away into extinction
>>
>>44524697
>Also, learn your shit, Slaanesh is the direct of the Eldar alone.

Bull fucking shit. If emotions are what gives the Chaos gods power, Slaanesh was forming long before the Eldar had their orgy.
>>
>>44525802
Tue, but then you got all the other races in the galaxy eager to fill the gap, Tarrellians, hrud, zoats, whatever point is all the living aliens are going to start expanding properly now and the moment one gets a foothold on the galaxy chaos will have a new nipple to suck off
>>
>>44525802
That's why he used the words "bide their time" the orks with nothing better to do will start fighting eachother, leaving an opening for one of the other minor aliens to recover from the imperiums damage, and in history for them that will be their Era of strife
>>
File: Eldar_Corsairs-0.png (651KB, 754x557px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar_Corsairs-0.png
651KB, 754x557px
>>44525649

> The Craftworlds proved that a race can be psychic while maintaining a strong moral fiber and control over emotions.

Except that the Craftworlds produce outcasts, including Eldar Corsairs, to quote rogue trader, as old fluff is in style it seems:

"Eldar who turn to piracy often include the worst elements of their race; misfits, lunatics, sadists and the seriously disturbed."

Since the new Eldar Corsair list in IA11 2nd ed, craftworld exiles summoning demons and falling to slanessh (Malevolent bands) is once again confirmed as a thing.

The craftworlders have not overcome chaos, nor is their society actually proof against the racial insanities of the eldar; they just *export the nutters* and make them someone else's problem.

Wait, everyone else's problem.
>>
>>44526398
Yup, the point of 40k has always been "these assholes all deserve eachother"
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.