[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 36

File: DnD-01.jpg (78KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
DnD-01.jpg
78KB, 400x550px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd

Previous Thread: >>44508247
>>
First for buxom blonde Ulfen women.
>>
>>44521388
How viable are the Dirty Trick Maneuvers?
Are there any good builds?
>>
>>44521410
Absolutely awesome, if you invest into them. Shit, if not.
>>
Repeating my question asking if anyone has experience with the recharge magic variant rule.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/rechargeMagic.htm
>>
>>44521409
The concept never got laid out. We're intending on revisiting it from the ground up when we get a moment; right now, with PoW: E finally in layout, we are in our 'fuck PoW, fuck it all, we need a break. Pour the whiskey and tune your harps to mourning, and let us swear and curse long into the night' phase, AS FORETOLD IN PROPHECY and/or previous threads.

/Pfg/ will be updated when one starts to exist.
>>
>>44521449
Final layout? Do you have a release date? What sort of changes do we expect to see between the subscriber PDFs and the full book?
>>
Reposting since this was at the bottom before:

>>44520822
We've been discussing this, and posted a brief answer to this question on Paizo's forum:

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t7qb?Dreamscarred-Press-Psionics-Augmented-Occult#12

The short answer is, psychic magic is magic, which means it's based on some external power. Arcane manipulates the laws of reality, divine gets its spells from deities or faith, and psychic works with the connections between things, history and relationships and the like.

Psionics is inner power. "I reject your reality and substitute my own," is psionics' credo. Powers don't come from gods or spirits or some cosmic API. They come from you.

And seems like a decent place to toss a reminder that we're in the middle of a playtest for Psionics Augmented: Occult, where we'll be exploring these distinctions with archetypes that change a class from one to the other, or start to mix the two. You can find all the info for that here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?472513-Dreamscarred-Press-Psionics-Augmented-Occult
>>
>>44521433

Honestly the problem isn't big boobs, it's cartoonishly big boobs on fairly wide and chubby frames.

We want to see something buxom and slender, or just waifish overall. The thick thighs and wide bodies just seems very same-y to people now.
>>
>>44521464
Huh, okay. Makes sense.

I want to marry a goetic!
>>
I'm just getting into Pathfinder from 3.5, and I've been reading a lot over the last couple days about Witch.

I really want to make one that would be kind of a counter to druids, but I don't really want to go down the Animal patron route since it feels very similar to druid, which was my last character. I was kind of thinking Enchantment patron, but I'm hesitant. Also, any suggestions on archetype? I didn't really see much on my first brush with it. So far we're only using core book since it's the first time for the whole group. Thanks for any help while I keep reading.
>>
So let's say I want to make an arcane caster, but also want to give it as much divine flavour as possible. What are my best options (excluding celestial sorcerer because reasons)? I was thinking flase priest sorcerer with deific obediences, what more could I add? Also it doesn't have to be a sorcerer, I'm cool with making it a wizard or arcanist too if I can get more flavour that way. It's for the campaign's penultimate boss, so I could just fiat him some shit, but I like it better to play by the same costraints as my players.
>>
>>44521507
False Focus feat.
>>
File: aliens.png (262KB, 996x800px) Image search: [Google]
aliens.png
262KB, 996x800px
>>44521475
Like the boobs, hips are fun. But again, point taken. I think /pfg/ might be amused with Andy to some lesser extent. It's a shame that firearms and the classes that use them leave a lot to be desired, however.
>>
>>44521516
It's included in false priest already.
>>
>>44521507
White mage arcanist archetype?
That one sorcerer bloodline that swaps cha for wis?
>>
>>44521410
There's the one feat to ignore maneuver prereqs. Take that and dirty fighting feats.
>>
>>44521410
Bounty hunter Slayer with Surprise maneuvers is good. Barbarian with Savage Dirty trick and strength surge is good. Some Fighter builds (either using dirty fighter or lore keeper) are okay.
>>
>>44521410
Dirty Trick is as useful as the GM will allow it to be. Its usefulness is also directly proportional to how crafty of a player you are.

That being said, because the exact effects of Dirty Trick are subject to whatever the GM decides, mileage can vary heavily. On the other hand once you hit +11 BAB and get Dirty Trick Master, you'll be able to daze/nauseate foes as long as you can land two tricks on them, for 1d4 rounds +1 per 5 you exceed their CMB. Since the target has to take a standard action to remove the condition, and Daze/Nauseate prevent the opponent from taking standard actions, you can efficiently lock targets down for several rounds of combat.
>>
Can somebody post the alien Grey from Bestiary 5? Asked last thread without seeing the link here, my bad.
>>
>>44521529

Boobs and hips are fun, just not to the extent you're doing it.

That being said, small boobs, thin waist and wide hips would really hit the spot.
>>
File: PF - Gray.jpg (998KB, 1256x1631px) Image search: [Google]
PF - Gray.jpg
998KB, 1256x1631px
>>44521587
>>
>>44521661
Thanks man.
>>
>>44521449
Isn't the Hussar pretty much already the Cavalier archetype, particularly with Warlord's Warleader working as equivalent to Tactician?
>>
>>44521733
But the mounted part (which is what hussar adds) is the worst part of the cavalier. Something that does away with it like luring cavalier and daring champion and substitutes it with initiating (preferably while keeping the banner, tactician and challenge) would be ideal.
>>
File: PZO9285-Aelyosos (Ben Wooten).jpg (172KB, 1200x471px) Image search: [Google]
PZO9285-Aelyosos (Ben Wooten).jpg
172KB, 1200x471px
>>44521702
I want to run a game in not!Hellenic Greece.

Can anyone recommend a soundtrack that sounds like it comes from that place and time?

The campaign would start with the PCs working for the Delian League vs Sahaugin invaders.
>>
>>44521600
>small boobs, thin waist and wide hips would really hit the spot
gay
Busty or bust
>>
Hey /pfg/, I'm making a blood arcanist which gives me access to a familiar. Since my character concept is "necromancer who goes around summoning souls to learn history and shit", I want a ghost as my familiar, what's the best way to go about it? I don't care about it being strong, only about it having a rule legal stat block to present to my dm. Pls halp.
>>
>>44521764

Am I the only one that thinks introducing this civilization in Distant Shores was the greatest thing in the book? I have yet to read a single aspect of their society that isn't amazing, and this picture just shows the architecture is sweet as well.

Plus, hunks and hotties in togas, what's not to love.
>>
>>44521764
>I want to run a game in not!Hellenic Greece

Where are you going to run it, senpai?

As for music, something light and airy would be best, I'd suggest also checking out Byzantine Chants whenever you're around the God-Kings.
>>
What's a good rage power for a 14th level barbarian? I've already got the Spell Sunder line and Come and Get Me, along with Strength Surge, Moment of Clarity, and Reckless Abandon so I'm not sure what else to get. I could start on a totem line, but it would be weird to do flavor-wise. Would just getting more DR be worth it? Increased Damage Reduction is only one more point, but my AC is hot garbage so DR and HP are the only things I can really rely on. 1PP only, by the way.
>>
>>44521764

Civilization V, the peace themes for Alexander and Theodora.
>>
File: map of Chessenta.jpg (347KB, 864x1069px) Image search: [Google]
map of Chessenta.jpg
347KB, 864x1069px
>>44521817
In the Old Empires of the Forgotten Realms. The campaign will start the PCs as indentured servants / mercernaries working for the Chessentan alliance near the end of the "Thread from the Sea."

I've already written up a few Sahaugin initiators. The objective is to survive to the end of the war, get used to the system (Path of War, DSP psionics, etc.), and get them used to the setting.

If it lasts long enough, they will fight Shades, survive the Year of Rogue Dragons, and whatever else we can come up with.

I'll be adapting some of the pages of Aelysos to add them to the AD&D Old Empires.

>>44521787
There was also the Gastraphetes to love. Combine it with Solar Wind for faster reloading. That will be 4 enemies doing 1d12 ranged damage every round. I'll have to save it for higher levels.
>>
File: 1313946143381.jpg (21KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1313946143381.jpg
21KB, 400x399px
If I cast time stop and drop a glitterdust on someone, do they still suffer from the stealth penalty from having the glitter dropped on them?
>>
When you get that talent that ups your initiator level for multiclassing, does that affect known/readied/stances as well, or only your effective level for what you're allowed to learn and the effect on maneuvers?
>>
Grammaton: If you crit with the attack carrying the Disruptor pulse, is the base damage doubled for the disruptor too?

I'm guessing not, but hey.
>>
File: Warlord (Junedays).jpg (165KB, 1024x739px) Image search: [Google]
Warlord (Junedays).jpg
165KB, 1024x739px
>>44522029
Only the effective level for what you're allowed to learn and the effect on maneuvers.
>>
>>44521758
But then its just a lesser warlord, which is the problem I keep coming to with the cavalier archetype. I've been throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks, and I've got some decent ones, but if I'm being honest, I'm not one of those people who thinks cavaliers should never ride a horse.
>>
>>44521787
>Plus, hunks and hotties in togas, what's not to love.

I've got some choice pictures for this statement, but unfortunately I'm nowhere near my computer.
>>
>>44521758

Anon, mounted characters exist and should be a thing represented in PoW, just because it's suboptimal in your bog-standard dungeon crawl does not mean it's going to be worthless in every campaign ever.

Hussar is cool, riding is cool.
>>
File: 1415102338507.jpg (117KB, 653x900px) Image search: [Google]
1415102338507.jpg
117KB, 653x900px
>>44522238
How's this?
>>
>>44522014
I don't think it can stick to them.
>>
>>44522305

More like buxom girls in loose robes and brawling men, even a cool looking Odysseus type.

More character art than set pieces.
>>
>>44522264
Hussar archetype is cool, hussar class is shit.
It would be like making a pirate class, half of whose abilities are reliant on the character being on the sea. Sure cool, but too suboptimal for a class, hence archetype.
That's why I'd like an eventual cavalier archetype to be without the mounted part. If it has to give away something, might as well be that.
>>
>>44522440

>Armored Horseman: The Class
>Shouldn't have horses
>>
>>44522385
>a cool looking Odysseus type
Stat me /pfg/.
How much INT and WIS required to avoid inevitable Sean Bean death?
>>
>>44522440

There are cavalier archetypes without the mount already.

Or are you suggesting the Hussar in PoW:E shouldn't have a mount?
>>
>>44522485

Odysseus was very INT but not a lot of Wis, his pride and boastfulness is what got him in most of his trouble.
>>
>>44522473
>Armored Horseman: The Class
Bleh that's a remarkably limited way to interpret the concept of knight. I see it more as the well-bred fighter (generally nobility), the leader of men (generally led a lance), not to mention that in his historical heyday he fought on foot more often than he fought mounted. True cavalry use is late middle ages early modern shit.

>>44522498
Dude read from the beginning. Someone is arguing that the cavalier shouldn't get an initiator archetype because you can just apply hussar to warlord, this is not about the hussar, it's about the cavalier.
>>
>>44522506

Odysseus was Wise in the sense he figured things out pretty quickly and had a solid sense of self, this wouldn't necessarily mean a high WIS but more like a substitute for Will saves.

In this regard, Odysseus is absolutely a Warlord, 100%. He wasn't that amazing of a fighter, his skill was in leadership and cleverness.
>>
>>44522546
>leadership and cleverness
So high INT and CHA. Low WIS because of pride.
I'd add high STR because of his bow.
>>
>>44522543

Why not modify Challenge for the Cavalier so that they can only use Maneuvers against the subject of their challenge?
>>
>>44522546
He also needed that CHA to charm the panties off Circe and Athena, which is what really kept him alive all those years.
>>
>>44522571

Low Dex because he couldn't wriggle out of the bindings when listening to the Siren's song?
>>
>>44522543
Doesn't sound like anything that can't be done with a Warlord or Warder already to be honest sempai.
>>
>>44522612
That just means he never bothered investing in Escape Artist; he had amazing accuracy with a bow, at the very least.
>>
>>44522612
Except he had amazing archery skills.
>>
>>44522592
>>44522571
>>44522546

He also had high CON, since I believe he was the last to succumb to starvation on that island with the sacred cows.
>>
>>44522614
With that argument you could just cut half the pow initiator archetypes then.
>>
>>44522546
>>44522571
>>44522592
>>44522668
>>44522669
So summarizing:
18 STR
18 DEX
18 CON
18 INT
8 WIS
18 CHA

Fucking greek heroes. How would we even stat out Heracles?
>>
>>44522718
Basically exactly the same, but with an additional +20 to every stat except WIS. All of them got their asses handed to them by Hubris. It was a big thing in greek mythology.
>>
>>44522740
Was he supposed to be that smart and charismatic? I can hardly imagine him being better of the greek avatar of cunning.
>>
>>44522740
I don't remember Heracles having super intelligence at all.
>>
>>44522754
I meant physical stats, my bad. He was definitely smart and charismatic. He figured out how to clean the stables by rerouting a river, and he was able to charm himself at least 3 different wives, not counting his various one night stands. He inherited a lot of his daddy's qualities.
>>
>>44522754
Did you not see the way he seduced Meg?
>>
>>44521388
>literally an image of a 4e book
Just fucking stop
>>
>>44522789
Do you think that warrants 38 CHA? He would have had to seduce Hades for that.
>>
>>44522805
I saw the movie, he did convince Hades to let him have Meg back.
>>
>>44522718

Greek Heroes had Mythic and often had godly blood in them.

Odysseus however was just a badass normal, I'd place his stats as 18-16-16-18-9-18.

He was a great archer but not one I'd consider on par with some heroes.
>>
>>44522754
He was literally being protected by the goddess of cunning and knowledge due to his habit of outsmarting every fucker in town
>>
>>44522819
>convince
I think he had the STR to intimidate trait for that.

>>44522843
Are you talking of Heracles or Odysseus? Because I was talking of Heracles.
>>
>>44522819

You've got a point. If he'd scared him into it, I'd say Intimidating Prowess covered that, but that was clearly a Diplomacy check.
>>
I'm currently building a character and I've come to an interesting dilemma.
For a character (who can be unarmed, use monk weapons, spiked chains or whips with any of the following features) who can gain the ability to flurry of blows and to use CHA as his to hit stat (but not damage) and has (unless one exists in core or DSP) no way to get CHA to damage is it better to focus CHA, DEX with weapon finesse and agile or deadly agility etc, or just go strength?

I'm leaning towards dex, but I'm not sure, since CHA controls the save DCs of my class and gets me extra uses per day of some abilities. I cant cast spells.

This is the anchorite archetype for the shadewright, which you can find by googling. Its some guys homebrew project.
>>
>>44522867

Hercules was essentially a proto hero in the same vein as Gilgamesh, he's a very physical character that brings civilization to the wilds by beating the shit out of anyone that opposes it.
>>
>>44522897
Oh and I'm Light Armor so if i don't have at least some dex i get to die to peasants with 0 BAB.
>>
File: gladiatrix.jpg (76KB, 550x825px) Image search: [Google]
gladiatrix.jpg
76KB, 550x825px
>>44522385
>>
File: Hoplite Roar (Everwho).png (1019KB, 900x688px) Image search: [Google]
Hoplite Roar (Everwho).png
1019KB, 900x688px
>>44522928
>>
>>44522897
You can generally afford to invest in one physical ability score and one mental, plus con.
Go deadly agility, get both Cha and Dex high.

If you want silliness then put a level in DSP warlord and take Victory Gambit which lets you swift action get Cha to hit. (With the caveat that if you fail to beat the enemy that round, you get a -2 to all rolls next round)
>>
File: Greek Hoplite (Dstolpmann).jpg (539KB, 906x1196px) Image search: [Google]
Greek Hoplite (Dstolpmann).jpg
539KB, 906x1196px
>>44521817
>>44521878
I think I should have tried the Hercules or Xena soundtracks earlier.

I won't be able to run the game until I come off night shift at the start of next month, so I have some time.

I already finished "The Anicent Greeks for Dummies."
>>
>>44523017

How lewd is it going to be and do you already have a group?
>>
>>44521431
I used the system as both a DM and a player and say its interesting. At early levels it both forces the player to think tactical and slows them down. As spell that have longer recharge does not cause the spell level to need to recharge. Butvif the caster just blast off his best spell Willy nilly they will soon be left waiting for their spells to recharge.
>>
>>44522961
Well the question I'm asking myself here is whether to get 16 dex 18 cha or 16 cha 18 dex. If i don't get weapon finesse then thats a spare feat for taking extra carnal arts or gloamings or even maneuver feats.

Also i don't want to lose levels because much like many other classes shadewright rewards staying as far ahead as possible in a single class. Gloaming prereqs, number of shadow points, DCs that scale with +1/2 level etc.

But yeah i guess I'll go DEX and just live with the weapon finesse feat tax. Being able to get damage from deadly agility is better than higher DCs on mutilate and gloamings. Mutilate being stunning fist, but ability damage instead of stunning.
>>
>>44522011

>methwood
>methmere
>>
>>44521431
But on the other hand at much higher levels the player would be able to cast a spell every turn using lower level spells while waiting for their higher ones recharge. This still slows down the magic user by not letting him blast of all his high level spell in the first few rounds. The system also allows spontaneous casters to shine more as their spell recharge faster.
>>
File: sahuagin patrol.jpg (308KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sahuagin patrol.jpg
308KB, 1280x1024px
>>44523065
PG-13

No group yet. Since it's going to be in person, I'll put up flyers at the LGS and on Meetup. I'm also making a few pregens (Arcanist, Vigilante Stalker, Zweihander Sentinel, and Cleric) if some of the player's aren't familiar with maneuvers.

It will be somewhere in eastern PA.

Due to discussion on /pfg/, I've already generated an elven arcanist, battle templar of the Red Knight, and a merchant princess as potential love interests.

The hardest part is writing the first few adventures. Even with fast experience growth, they're going to have trouble with just one Sahaugin for a while.
>>
>>44521388
The arcanist in my group has told me he'd like to waive his share of the treasure, and use his level 13 feat for improved familiar if he could get one of the dragon eggs the group found and hatch it as his new familiar. Now, I looked up the CRs and some wyrmlings are comparable to improved familiars on the actual list (brass is CR3 and alignment appropriate for him). Would it be fair to allow him to have this or would it be too strong for a familiar?
>>
>>44523235
Let him do it.
>>
>>44523250
>>44523235
They'll all regret it once the BRASS dragons learns to talk.

Right around the time it hatches.

have fun!
>>
>>44523289

Brass dragons are best, though.

They're loudmouths but it can be endearing, think of them as the genki of the Dragon world.

>tfw I am now imagining a polymorphed brass dragon as an energetic brown-girl tomboy.
>>
>>44523289
Can't be worse than the bard and his silly "I SAY I SAY I SAY" jokes. Which I still have to understand why he says that before the jokes.
>>
>>44523235
It should be more or less fine.

Just keep in mind that dragons tend to be under-CRed, since Pathfinder dragon CRs are based on 3.5 dragon CRs. The 3.5 devs admitted at one point that, unlike most other monsters, they gave dragon CRs based on the assumption that a party would be kitted out specifically to fight dragons.

For a level 13 party this isn't going to matter much, though. Power scaling is exponential enough that a wyrmling dragon would just be a side note at that level anyway.

You might want to take a look at D&D 3.5's Draconomicon. It handles the dragon familiar thing by treating them like normal familiars, but increasing the minimum level based on dragon type, to keep them an appropriate degree of not-counting-in-combat. It also gives some useful advice on how to handle raising dragons and so on.
>>
>>44521464
Nice, nice.

Now, for all you eggheads in the thread, have any ideas for psionic fluff in Golarion?
>>
>>44523449
Is the bard trying to be Foghorn Leghorn?
>>
So has anybody made a psychic/psionic combination class yet?
>>
>>44523468
I wouldn't know. I had to google it to know who you're talking about. I'll ask him tho.

>>44523454
>It handles the dragon familiar thing by treating them like normal familiars, but increasing the minimum level based on dragon type, to keep them an appropriate degree of not-counting-in-combat. It also gives some useful advice on how to handle raising dragons and so on.
Oh shit that looks nice as fuck, thanks.
>>
>>44523478
DSP's working on it.
>>
>>44523417
>tfw I am now imagining a polymorphed brass dragon as an energetic brown-girl tomboy.

Hnng.
>>
>>44523235
Dnd 3.5 had that as an option. What happened was they got a familiar that was practically a kid who was as smart as an adult. They would bind themselves to a spellcaster for the lolz, to learn about magic, and protection. Then once they grow into a new age category they would leave.
>>
File: Tchazzar.jpg (122KB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
Tchazzar.jpg
122KB, 400x255px
>>44523417
>>44523557
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/polymorph-familiar

Create a higher level version of this to turn a familiar into a humanoid.
>>
>>44523417

What would a Silver Dragon be? A gold?
>>
File: 1423630517896.jpg (188KB, 932x857px) Image search: [Google]
1423630517896.jpg
188KB, 932x857px
>>44523509
The same book also has rules for dragons as special mounts (including overland travel distances), dragons as cohorts, and dragons as PCs. It should be able to apply them more-or-less directly to Pathfinder, since CRs, HD, and most of the special abilities for the given dragon types are the same as in 3.5.

>>44523557
Pic related, though not brown.
>>
>>44521464
So it's absolute mary sue bullshit? Great, even more reason not to allow it in my game.
>>
>>44523760
>Characters being powerful on their own
>Mary sue bullshit
>taking the bait
>>
>>44523777
>Taking the bait yourself
>>
>>44523823
Yeah, that one was aimed at me.
>>
>>44523823
>implying bait
>implying taking the bait
>implying implications
>>
File: brownze.jpg (407KB, 932x857px) Image search: [Google]
brownze.jpg
407KB, 932x857px
>>44523636
Let's fix that.
>>
>>44523633

>gold dragon
>Now I'm imagining a Rule 63 Mengkare
>An ara ara~ Wyrm that does her duty to breed the ultimate stud
>>
>>44523859
>implying nonimplications
>implying it wasn't master bait baked in the bait-oven
>not implying that rather than the bait being taken, it was the act of being taken that allowed itself to be applied to the bait
>>
File: 1449220302385.jpg (73KB, 719x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449220302385.jpg
73KB, 719x600px
>>44523633
Gold - Blonde foreign student
Silver - Ojou sama on a Disciplinary Committee
>>
>>44523907

>Blonde foreign student

Aren't they traditionally portrayed as extremely busty in anime?
>>
File: kaerekimura2.jpg (11KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
kaerekimura2.jpg
11KB, 300x169px
>>44523941
>>
>>44523636
>>44523888
But given that she's wearing a tiny dragon, that's obviously a dragon-blooded character with a dragon familiar herself, not a dragon in human shape.
>>
>>44523988
>not playing a dragon PC who has a dragon familiar, a dragon special mount, and a dragon cohor
>>
>>44523907
>>44523633

>Gold = Rise
>Silver = Naoto
>Copper = Yukiko
>Brass = Chie
>Kobolds = Teddie

This is the truth.
>>
>>44524015
But dragons are solitary. They don't care to be with their own race.
>>
>>44524015
Wait, how would you get both familiar and special mount on the same character without being shit?
>>
>>44523907

Silver is good, but I thought Golds were supposed to be extremely respectable and very righteous.

Foreigners in anime are loudmouth assholes.
>>
>>44524046

Don't Silver and Steel Dragons enjoy the company of human beings? I remember reading one of them prefers humanoid company while the other goes so far as to make their "lair" a mansion, and have Alter Self as an at-will.
>>
File: 1444853005943.jpg (187KB, 800x1115px) Image search: [Google]
1444853005943.jpg
187KB, 800x1115px
>>44523892
>>
>>44524059
familiar awarding class plus leadership.
>>
>>44524090
>human beings
Brass surely do. But not other dragons AFAIK.
>>
>>44524117
>But not other dragons
I mean the company of other dragons.
>>
File: Desire To Know More Intensifies.jpg (61KB, 319x321px) Image search: [Google]
Desire To Know More Intensifies.jpg
61KB, 319x321px
>>44524101

...This seems like it's from something really funny, really lewd, or both.
>>
>>44524090
Was definitely true in 3.5.
>>
>>44524176
It's just one page. The same artist does a bunch of silly things with dragons.
>>
>>44524117

>tfw no bumbling Brass husbando
>>
>>44524178

I remember there was also the Song Dragon, which regardless of dragon gender would always turn into a female humanoid form.
>>
>>44524222
Forgotten Magical Realms...
>>
>>44524090
>Steel dragons

Steel dragons are a 3.5 thing, not a Pathfinder thing.

The closest in Pathfinder would be the silver dragon, which gets change shape into humanoids right off the get go as a wyrmling. None of the other dragons in Pathfinder have that.
>>
>>44523449
He wants you to
>HEY! LISTEN!
>>
>>44524350

>Silver dragon wyrmling
>Literally a JUSTICE obsessed little boy or girl with silver hair

They're practically anime characters.
>>
File: 1400798830349.jpg (389KB, 724x800px) Image search: [Google]
1400798830349.jpg
389KB, 724x800px
>>44524400
>little
>assuming they won't experiment with forms of different races and ages
>>
>>44524426
That dragon is totally looking up her chainmail skirt.
>>
>>44524400
>Little Shiro Emiya with Archer's coloring

I don't have a picture of this.
>>
>>44524400

>Implying you wouldn't want to protect the smile of a silver dragon hatchling and teach them right from wrong as an adoptive child
>>
File: Chococake.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Chococake.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>44523457
Isn't there an entire continent where psionics is the default power?

In any case you can always go with psionics as the path of the gods and/or enlightenment.

Deities just DO shit with their will. Psionics is the same thing, except you have neither the age/experience nor the power driven from your main food source being the thought energy of millions of worshipers.

This gives you:
>those that do psionics with a spiritual bent/view: trying to do as their gods would - in method not just deed

>those looking for a steady path to power: bit of a 5e warlock "just do like that horror beyond spacetime" way; if it works for fucking deities, it's probably a pretty solid way

>those who want to monk it up with inner wisdom and all that shit

Where there's a will(or a cake) there's a way.
and so on.
>>
>>44523457
I know little about Golarion, but almost any setting that works with monks works with psionics. Ki and power points are often seen as different flavors of much the same thing.
>>
>>44524176
>>44524185
Damn, I know I saw more of this but I can't remember where. There was another page where the dragon was searching under his bed for porn and he took a picture of her ass while she was doing so. Then in the next page he bought a dragon anatomy book, and after reading it for a moment pushed it under his bed.
>>
>>44524560
There was but it's all getting retconned as Psychic Magic with Occult Adventures.
>>
>>44523985
That chick looks so much like Leona from SRW, too...

pretty much only the eye color is different. also this one has smaller tits.
>>
So I have a question. Is there a comprehensive list of buff spells on the wizard list? or spells that are useful to prepare at higher levels. I'm level 14 now and have a lot of level 1 slots that I honestly don't know what to do with.
>>
>>44524043

>tfw no Mitsuru
>>
>>44524653
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xjPIOH8F8a0l74BdDF7Q23nCfZ-YX68Xr6JmmtznMw4/edit?pref=2&pli=1
>>
Hey people what's the best way to simulate 3.5 epic levels in pf? Is mythic good? What do you tend to do to up the power levels?

>inb4 high level shitfest
Shitfest maybe, but we used to have fun when we did those with 3.5
>>
>>44524718
Gave it a look, he discusses it from the point of someone at that level (giving color spray a blue). This is fine, but not for my purpose. I'm trying to find what spells are good to prepare when you're high level.

Also, the list is really outdated. Are there any more recent ones?
>>
>>44524837
I've done several things. I've allowed players to have CR is templates, I've done mythic, and I've done just high level.

My last game was at lvl 15 + 3 CR in templates + 5 mythic ranks
>>
>>44524910
>+ 3 CR in templates
Oh shit, never thought about this. Would be cool as fuck to have divines blessed by their gods with celestial templates and shit.
I was also thinking about allowing more character levels while topping class level at 20 (10 for prestige). You may say at that point just allow gestalting, but my players actually don't like that.
>>
Has anyone ever tried spheres of power? Is it good? Stronger or weaker than vancian?
>>
>>44525173
Weaker than vancian and while it improves a lot it has some issues with internal balance and stuff.
>>
>>44524653
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17S3pYy0wk8uUTJ3RFaIDk5vz29WYmOXuhWiOKHO2E_M/edit?pref=2&pli=1

It's written for Sorcerers, but works either way
>>
>>44525173
Less overtly powerful than traditional vancian casting, still extremely powerful bordering on broken in some cases. Your general user is probably going to be at least high tier 3.
>>
>>44525173
Its weaker than vancian and has some great ideas, but spotty execution. Some parts are fine and pretty cool, while others are just outright bad.

You can use that vague description on a lot of books though, including some of the most popular ones. So I'd say its worth checking out.
>>
How do I be good at ranged AND melee combat? Is that even allowed?
>>
>>44525173
It's kinda shit. Good ideas, very poor execution.
>>
>>44526008
Be STR build
Take Power Attack, Quick Draw, and Bow+Arrow feats.

Done.
>>
>>44526008
Be a ranger. Pick the ranged combat style for free feats, and grab Quick draw and power attack.

Shoot enemies til they get close, then drop your bow and quick draw your greatsword.
>>
>>44526008
Be ready to divorce at a moment's notice and it'll come to you, I'm told.

Marital Flexibility
>>
>>44526008
Take that stupid clubbing-people-with-ranged-weapons style.
>>
>>44526008

Switch hitters.

Ranger and Slayer are the best at it, if you're using 1pp sources. Two-handed weapon and power attack for sluggin', Archery fighting style, done.
>>
>>44526008
Pick Druid. Zap people from afar while controlling your tiger to maul their friends, simultaneously. Feat investment: 0
>>
>>44526033
To be fair, that describes Pathfinder wholesale.

Well, the good bits, anyway.
>>
File: 352195181358.jpg (179KB, 964x2100px) Image search: [Google]
352195181358.jpg
179KB, 964x2100px
I want to marry a vampire!

What are some good Pathfinder splatbooks with feats and archetypes shit for Vampire Hunters? Third party is fine.
>>
>>44526156
lords of night
dsp book
paladin archetype that hunts and kills monsters
>>
>>44526156
Advanced Race Guide and Blood of the Night, so you can be a dhampire vampire hunter.
>>
>>44526243
>dhampir crimson countess harbinger
>>
>>44526273
>still not a redhead
>>
>>44526215
Got a file link, kindly anon?
>>
>>44526008
Soulknives are really good at it, as are initiators with dex to damage (because you don't need as many feats if you're using strikes).
>>
>>44526156
>Vampires hear vampire hunter is in town
>Panic
>Set plans in motion, get thralls to dig up some info, fortify home.
>Next night comes, wake up from coffin, only to have a human standing over you
>It's all over
>Close eyes, brace for the inevitable
>Nothing happens
>Open eye, see vampire hunter on one knee
>Vampire hunter was hunting for a vampire wife.
>>
>>44526330
check the trove
>>
>>44526352
And so the nightly hunt begins...
>>
File: confus mermaid.jpg (38KB, 311x366px) Image search: [Google]
confus mermaid.jpg
38KB, 311x366px
>>44521388
>Post D&D player's handbook
>pathfinder general
>>
>>44526427
>implying most people in /pfg/ aren't tsundere for 4e
Why do you think they like weeaboo fighting magic so much?
>>
>>44526486
I desperately wish I could find people to play 4e with, instead of Pathfinder's shit. I can have fun in a game of Pathfinder, but it always seems to be in spite of the system rather than because of it.
>>
File: IMG_0002.jpg (322KB, 900x1432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
322KB, 900x1432px
>>44526312
The redheads are all busy being warlords, duh.
>>
File: Vampire Bards A Cute.png (334KB, 339x670px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire Bards A Cute.png
334KB, 339x670px
>>44526352

I understand your reasons, vampire hunter, but I hope you know what you're doing.
>>
>>44524609
Holy shit! DW I love your Midnight Occultist class for 3.5. You do awesome work. What are you up to in life now?
>>
>>44526700
Well, I wrote goetic for DSP's Psionics Augmented: Occult, and I have another archetype that's... probably about 60% done. Maybe more but some of it needs some significant revision.

Otherwise, got a RL job, engaged, chilling.
>>
>>44526759

Congrats on your engagement. Looking forward to whatever you put out in the future.
>>
File: blacksmiths.jpg (645KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
blacksmiths.jpg
645KB, 1920x1080px
>>44521764
0 A.D. soundtrack is all Creative Commons BY-SA and free to download here http://play0ad.com/media/music/

most of the music is hellenic in theme but there are some celtic/middle eastern pieces too.
>>
File: Triton - Sahuagin (Nekrosavant).jpg (179KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
Triton - Sahuagin (Nekrosavant).jpg
179KB, 1024x731px
>>44526881
Thanks
>>
>>44526881
>0 A.D.
>covering a period between 500BC and 500AD
Weird fucking name imo.
>>
>>44523113
>The Meth Flow
>>
>>44526156
Hnngh. I want to drive a hard piece of wood into her.

>>44527028
It's kind of right in the middle. Seems reasonable.
>>
/pfg/ tell me about your interesting bad guys. They don't have to be the biggest bad, only interesting.
>>
>>44527138
>Meth

>http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Meth
>>
>>44527481
>I am the one who neighs.
>>
File: 200% American.jpg (168KB, 934x834px) Image search: [Google]
200% American.jpg
168KB, 934x834px
>>44527476
Pic related
>>
I want to buff.

Hell I NEED to buff.

What should I choose? Oracle or Bard?

I was thinking Oracle VMC Bard to that sweet performance.
>>
>>44527476
I once did a man who came to be known as "The Imperfectionist". He was obsessed with the beauty of something broken, and became obsessed with the color black as the gateway to understanding the soul. The character actually contributed a lot to the art world, including that one technique where you repair a tea cup that has been shattered with gold.

Behind the mask of a cosmopolitan artist/gentry he attempted to finds the cracks in the social hierarchies of the kingdom and worm his way into them, while also pursuing others of him same ideal. He thought he found someone like him in one of the party members.
>>
>>44528470
Books?
>>
Have they fixed medium yet?
>>
>>44527476
Shadow-ruler of an evil empire, yadda yadda yadda. The fun thing was that the entire population had life/magic-sapping collars, which enemy officers drew from to cast magic (psionic powers). So a low-level officer gets a collar with a power assigned to it, a PP cap and a daily PP pool. A high-ranking guy winds up with a bunch of powers and more power points, etc etc.

The Grand Commissar was for all intents and purposes a 15th level Psion. And of course his war room table at the top of the palace opens to a hole leading through the building's central column that reaches into the underground lair of an elder brain, preparing to use the magical collars to create a superior psionic race and get its revenge on the world's actual mind flayer empires.

I guess that's not all that interesting as I describe it, but it made my group start liking psionics as they collected officer collars.
>>
>>44528470
Skald (hybrid class) is best.
>>
>>44521388
Best PF character builder for someone who's never played it?
>>
>>44528952
A printer.
>>
>>44528952
4e's. Has all the material, does very nearly everything perfectly right, and as a bonus, applies to a much better game.
>>
>>44528952
Everything starts in the wrong order. You should be picking your class and character concept before anything else.
>>
>>44529239
>4e
At least suggest 5e.
>>
>>44528952
The only thing I've ever found that works is sitting down with someone who already knows how to build a PF character and working through it together. The game is full of way too many fiddly rules, not to mention way too many trap options, to try to use anything automated on your own.
>>
>>44529270
5e does not have a character builder.
>>
>>44529270
Does 5e have a good character builder? I must have missed that. I chose 4e partially because its character builder is very, very good.

I also like 4e more than 5e (and either more than PF, despite which I actually play the most), but that wasn't really what prompted the recommendation.
>>
>>44527138

>the meth must flow

Dune makes a lot of sense desu senpai
>>
>>44528952
>>44529248
Pick your class:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes (from Core, Base and Hybrid classes)

Generate ability scores:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores

Choose a race:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races (try to go Core, they're fairly customizable with alternate traits and there's no Race Point fuckery which is less a system and more of a poor guide to winging it anyway)

Then assign skill points.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills (The number you get is in your class's entry)

Pick Feats.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats (click the subheadings to get to lists that have brief descriptions beside them - if you can't decide, just take Improved Initiative since it'll apply to anyone)

If you picked a spellcaster, pick the spells that your character knows or prepares and put them into however many spell slots you have.
>>
>>44528952
Hero Lab is pretty good, but you have to pay for it because they license all the text and fluff from Paizo rather than using OGL.

On the upside, it includes the stuff that's not under OGL, like factions, deity names and fluff, etc.
>>
Where are the rules for how the Bleaching works in Pathfinder? I know it's been statted like a disease or curse, but I can't find it.
>>
>>44529239
Yes 4e's character builder is great, it's part of why I used it for so long as it was really intuitive for new people, I don't understand why more systems don't have good character builders.

>>44529718
I've used Hero Lab for shadowrun 5e, it is pretty killer and might be worth a purchase for pathfinder, but I'm not sure.

>>44529296
Unfortunate if this is the case.
>>44529563
Thanks for the advice.

On a related note has anyone used PCgen?
>>
>>44529853
It's in the Inner Sea Races book. Check the trove.
>>
>>44530017
The real "killer app" part of Hero Lab for Pathfinder is that they include all the books.

ALL of them, as fast or almost as fast as they're released, which is kind of absurd given the Pathfinder splat treadmill.
>>
What would be the best way to become a leech heaL/tank? Like how the ar branch from secret world works. I thought of living ghost monk, but that lacks party synergy.
>>
Theoretical Strength Limit:

18 (base) + 4 (orc) + 2 (profane gift) + 5 (levels) + 6 (strength of the beast) + 6 (belt) + 8 (grant mutagen) + 6 (rage) + 10 (form of the dragon III) = 65 strength

What am I forgetting? Is there a way to get an insight/luck/sacred bonus to strength? I don't know if 65 is enough.
>>
>>44530589
Sadist from Ultimate Psionics. It's a tactician archetype I think?

Allows you to force people into your collective and steal their health.
>>
>>44530623
Can't you get a +6 profane gift from Nocticula?
>>
>>44530623
Planar binding for the Agathion invested should net another +4 if you get the right type.
>>
>>44527476
An Apostate devil that had agents infiltrate the clergy of a god of secrets to make a heritical undead cult within (norgorb). The highest levels among their ranks were closer to the devil and knew that the undead were simply litmus tests to sniff out the world-spine leyline. If that leyline is destroyed, then the world is severed from all magic, including divine.
>>
>>44530650
Ah wonderful, kinda hard to convince a demon lord though. You can bind succubi to get their gift.

>>44530676
I can't find which kind does it. Can you link it?
>>
Does Miracle really cost fucking nothing? REALLY? Why would you ever cast Wish instead of UMDing a scroll of Miracle?
>>
>>44530747
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/agathion-invested-cr-2-3

Cetaceal, Draconal or Leonal can get you +4 strength.
>>
>>44530810
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/agathion-invested-cr-2-3
Ah, templates are off the table.
>>
Can you use a blade of the sword saint with broken blade maneuvers?

http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Blade%20of%20the%20Sword-Saint
>>
>>44530826
Kinda ought to mention that from the start maybe
>>
>>44530810
Green Ronin is not usually on the allowed publishers list friendo.
>>
How would you survive in space/in a black hole?

Also, adventures on other planets, good idea or best idea?
>>
How many different ways are there to get Dex to damage?
Unchained Rogue gets it and I think a Fighter ability from Weapon Master's Guide does the same.
Anything else, specifically that a Bard could take?
>>
>>44530965
Pressure suit.
You're not surviving a Black Hole though, unless you're a high level Alchemist with Elude Time.
>>
>>44530623
10 Mythic Tiers can get you +10, plus grab Enhanced Ability as one of your Path Abilities for another +2.
>>
>>44530965
>in space
A decanter of endless air, and a magic item that generates a sphere of force.

>black hole
Not happening.
>>
>>44530965
Life Bubble.
>>
>>44530623
Synthesist summoner, put all evolutions into Ability Increase (Strength).
>>
>>44530623
You can get higher. You can get Blood Rage cast on you for a +10 morale bonus total (+15 if you have a Courageous weapon). Pesh Vigor can give you up to a +10 Enhancement bonus to Strength instead of the +6 from the belt. That takes the max limit up to 78 Strength maximum, so if you want a flat 80 take the Ragechemist archetype (highly NOT recommended) for an extra +2 from the mutagen.
>>
>>44531479
Oops, misread Courageous there, it gives half the Enhancement bonus. In that case make it a Furious Courageous weapon for overall +3 boost to morale (while raing) and Bloodrage grants a +13 instead for an overall 76 Strength (or 78 if you're retarded and take Ragechemist)
>>
>>44531479
Courageous weapons were nerfed into oblivion sadly. Now they only work on Saves Against Fear.
>>
Is there a way to get Strength to anything interesting though? Like if your strength bonus is a high-20s number, can you find a composite longbow for it? Can you get your strength to bonus spells or anything?
>>
>>44531838
Adaptive enchantment on the bow and there's no strength limit.
>>
>>44531860
Best news I've heard all day.
>>
Anybody got any good stories to tell?
>>
>>44531748
>A courageous weapon fortifies the wielder's courage and morale in battle. The wielder gains a morale bonus on saving throws against fear equal to the weapon's enhancement bonus.
>In addition, any morale bonus the wielder gains from any other source is increased by half the weapon's enhancement bonus (minimum 1).
Not the best, but it's still got the other bonus still.
>>
>>44531923
Conversely, get a belt of mighty hurling for strength to attack and damage with thrown weapons.
>>
>>44532006
http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gg#v5748eaic9tf0
Bullshit but there it is.
>>
>>44531838
You can flex your muscles so hard you intimidate anything with Intimidating Prowess
>>
>>44530624
Vitalist, and thanks i hadnt looked there. Now I need a way to make it more frontline friendly ...
>>
>>44532181
Sadist soulthief vitalist is honestly pretty good at bad touch and healing. They might not have the HP of most frontliner, but they've got incentive to get a high DEX, useable armor proficiency, target touch AC and are 9th level manifesters to boot.
>>
>>44532181
The Sadist archetype goes incredibly well with Life Leech.
If you're going for one or the other, strongly consider stacking them.
>>
>>44532332
>>44532181

Though on that note, if you want to use a weapon then an equally strong reason to not go Life Leech is that you can get a Conductive weapon and channel Steal Health through it every round.

You're only half BAB though so that may not be the best idea.
>>
On another vitalist-related note:
>Party member is hit with poison, is unconscious for 5~6 hours
>Don't worry I'm a level 7 vitalist, I've got this, an augmented Resist Toxin can cure poisons--
>Wait; Resist Toxin is 'range: personal' and so even though it can be networked, I still can't use it on an ally-
>Wait again, all I have to do is augment it with Spirit of Many and cast it on myself and my ally at the same time---
>Waaaiiit, that would cost 8 power points which I can't do since I'm only level 7, we're stuck
>Hold on one more time, if I just use the unaugmented Resist Toxin it delays the poison for 7 hours which is effectively the same as a cure here

That was a rollercoaster of rule reading.
>>
>>44531995

I'm about to head off on a cruise, so no games for me.

No /pfg/ either, I'm going to miss you guys!
>>
>>44531995
Care for one involving a TPK via giant?
>>
>>44532510
sure.
>>
>>44531995
I'm running the RoW game that was started up way back, and I've got a couple stories from there I could share.
>>
>>44532609
Share them.
>>
>>44532312
Question of the 'I'm sure you've been asked this a hundred times but I haven't seen a recent answer' variety:
How's PoW:E doing? Still in layout?
>>
What's so bad about a black hole that you couldn't survive in? I thought magic and wizards fricked that shit
>>
>>44532454
If it makes you feel better, you're still wrong because delaying the effect of a poison does not allow you to wait out its duration. The duration continues where it left off when the delay started.
>>
>>44532686
Still in layout. Holidays man, slows down everything.
>>
>>44532839

It's like the Sun only worse.
>>
>>44532662
Mkay.

>maiden mother crone
>party is warder, cleric, alchemist, desperado/privateer warlord
>in dancing hut
>deal with shitty oracle crows and their riddles
>meet ratibor and look through the hut’s windows
>fucking frost giants errywhere
>we got this
>warder and warlord jump into middle of frost giants
>immediately surrounded
>we dont got this
>inside, cleric gets handed a bowl by zorka
>hut controls
>alchemist chucking bombs through the window
>hut kicking the shit out of frost giants
>hut swallows one giant
>ratibor is sworn to attack intruders
>kicks the shit out of the giant before literally kicking it out the door on its ass
>melee guys manage to take down one while the hut kills the rest
>frost giants start running
>chase down most of them before they get away
>final one manages to get far enough away and hides behind a tree
>gets a bad feeling
>looks behind itself
>the hut has dim door at will
>>
>>44532884
What's the best place to get answers about questions regarding Path of War stuff? Asking in the feedback thread seemed to have not gotten much.
>>
>>44532921
But you can survive on/in the sun
>>
>>44532969
Here, where DSP shilling has no end
>>
>>44532997
The sun only deals fire or positive energy damage, which can be protected against.
>>
>>44533034
At least we don't have many Paizo shills.
>>
>>44532312
>>44532376
Yeah, I had planned on using a weapon, and while life leech looked nice for the utility, the lose of soulthiefs methods on transfer wounds, and unwilling participant did not really jive with my leech tank idea. Im thinking either half orc or elf for weapon proficiencies to shore that Up. Or maybe grippli again
>>
>>44532969
Which feedback thread are you posting questions to? If they're simple I can answer them here, but I'm on my phone.
>>
>>44533151
The one on Giantitp. Mainly is the Omen Rider still in the game and if so what is the limit it has on it's animal companion selection? Boring Horse/Pony only, Cavalier, or full Druid?
>>
>>44532969
Holidays have been getting all of us, plus a general fatigue with PoW. 'm sorry that your concerns haven't been addressed yet.

Here works, as >>44533151 said.

>>44533034
Why must you reject my love, anon?
>>
>>44533129
On this note, are there any races that grant armor proficiencies?
>>
File: 011-fantasy-digital-paintings.jpg (94KB, 540x605px) Image search: [Google]
011-fantasy-digital-paintings.jpg
94KB, 540x605px
>>44533208
Omen Rider's still present, but it's been reworked heavily between ErrantX & Forrest with some paradigm changes. This unfortunately means those changes haven't been seen live and won't be until it's published, but take heart - at least the damn thing to edited!

If ErrantX & Forrest wanna share details I'll let them, but the very short version is that the animal companion selection is now 'fuck animal companions'. It is still mounted.
>>
>>44533072
I'd like it if we had Paizo devs though. Assuming they handled themselves well.
>>
>>44532839
You mean like all matter collapsing and the constituent atoms breaking and compacting, in addition to the fact that time is literally stopped in one, so that even if something could somehow totally ignore the most powerful physical danger in the universe, they'd still be trapped for eternity? Wizards do not have shit on black holes, anon. It's possible an act of extreme magical foolishness could cause one, but I wouldn't mistake that for control or power over them.
>>
>>44533312
...Got edited, not to edited. It /got/ edited, unlike my fucking forum posts.

I need more coffee.
>>
>>44533213
>Why must you reject my love, anon?

He knows that if he tries to spread your love too much everyone will walk away hurt. He's sacrificing his love for everyone else
>>
>>44533327
Extreme Magical Foolishness is my guild name.
>>
>>44533317

I truly believe JJ would fit right at home on /pfg/.
>>
>>44533332
And here I thought you meant got to editing, as in it wasn't canned. Sounds pretty awesome though.
>>
>>44533422
He's a bit of an asshole. He'd be right at home.
>>
>>44533426
I was mostly attempting to assure you that it shouldn't have flagrant wording errors, since the editor for the book was also one of the writers.
>>
>>44533446
I'm not sure "rewriting messy stuff" counts as being a writer. I would have thought that "editor" didn't mean "content creator."
>>
Is there anything you can do to approximate a Dungeon Crasher Fighter in PF? It was a 3.5 Fighter ACF in Dungeonscape where if you bullrushed people into things, they took silly amounts of damage, and you combined with the Knockback feat to do on-hit and the Shock Trooper feat to push diagonally and 'trip' people by knocking them into each other.

Basically just a great big warrior pinballing everyone around as a means of creating chaos and dealing damage in rapid succession. Anything like it?
>>
>>44533445
>>44533422

Do you think JJ would start waifu wars?

Honestly after that reaction he got from the Erastil thread I think he's just an insufferable turdnozzle from the company he keeps.
>>
>>44533516
Sadly, no. All the comparable options are shitty in PF. The dungeoncrasher was great because they could bull rush people all over the place and still do damage from their ability tied to it. We don't have that in pathfinder.
>>
>>44532965
Another quick one
>interim adventure
>party is now warder, warlord, alchemist, druid, and some kind of weird psionic thing
>hut dumps party out in the first world
>explore the area with random encounters, nothing terribly challenging
>find a room full of tables with games on them
>warder, warlord and druid pass will saves
>alchemist and psion dont
>proceed to become addicted to playing the games on the table
>rest of the party decides the best way to deal with it is to destroy the tables
>the best way to do this is to "bully the nerd"
>warlord performs a dirty trick to entangle alchemist by pulling his pants down
>warder grapples him
>warlord and druid proceed to mess with the alchemists sweet pauper deck
>cards get thrown everywhere, table kicked over and smashed
>nerd bullying complete
>meanwhile psion is playing chess
>manages to win and break mental hold before nerd bullying reaches her
>party then spends roughly 3 hours in real time trying to figure out the connection between a sundial in one room and a sundial in another room
>>
>>44532860
That one... I'm not so sure about. I don't see any indication that's the case in the Resist Toxin text.
>>
>>44533483
Welcome to 3pp, my friend. I mean, we can call him the Wording Guy if you want, but honestly, Forrest's the editor.
>>
>>44533060
What damage would black holes deal?
>>
>>44533676
But an actual editor, instead of whatever happened with Path of War 1?
>>
>>44533684
Yes
>>
>>44533696
What happened to PoW 1 was no editing whatsoever.

So yeah, an actual editor.
>>
>>44533730
That actually explains a lot.
>>
So for a wizard your spells per day are the amount of spells you have to memorize?

So does that mean that Mnemonic Enhancer basically allows me to cast either 3 additional first level spells, 1 first and second level spell or a 3rd level spell
>>
>>44533516
>>44533537
"Battlefield control melee" in Pathfinder is just different from 3.5; remove tripper-copter and dungeoncrasher, add dirty trick masters.
>>
>>44533327
What is a sphere of annihilation?
>>
>>44531995
I'm running ULTRADUNJIN. I made a thread a while ago apologizing for accidentally crashing donjon.bin.sh. This is that game.
>>
>>44531995
Not very much happened in my Iron Gods session today, other than actually getting a little bit back on track with the plot. I sincerely hope next session the players can make progress. We've been on Book 2 for about five or six sessions and most of them has been assaulting a dungeon which resulted in numerous character deaths to the point where the wizard at the end had enough experience to level up.
>>
>>44533611
We aren't good at dealing with puzzles, we're just good at shitting out ungodly amounts of raw damage in a turn.

Oh, and bending the action economy over a barrel and fucking it up the ass with a sandpaper condom.
>>
>>44533516
So reading through it, this is what it gets:
2nd level: +2 saves and AC vs traps, +5 Str when breaking down doors, walls, etc., Bull Rushing an enemy into a wall deals 4d6+2xStr
6th level: Bonuses vs traps and doors, walls, etc. double, deal 8d6+3xStr when Bull Rushing into a wall

So, breaking that down, ignoring the bonus vs traps because it's not that much and really situational. +5 Str to break checks you can get from the Smash feat, though it requires Half-Orc. Breaker of Barriers also gives a +2 to the same checks as well as Bull Rushing.

As for Bull Rushing, 2 levels of Siegebreaker Fighter gives you your Strength on Bull Rush and lets you overrun as a free action when you bull rush. Merciless Rush also gives you your Strength on a Bull Rush, so there's your 2x to 3x Strength. As for the 4/8d6, with Greater Overrun, Elephant Stomp and Vicious Stomp (using the 2nd level Siegebreaker ability to get a free overrun) you could get 3d3+3xStr damage, or if you have Dragon Style active 3d3+5xStr.

It's really complicated and takes more investment than the original did, but you can do something at least.
>>
File: laughing nui.gif (906KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
laughing nui.gif
906KB, 500x281px
>mfw GM runs a Level 2 one-shot, we're on a boat with no equipment

>Level 2 Gnome Spiritualist with Fey Magic (Water terrain, the 1st-level spell that gets SLA'd is Recharge Innate Magic) and a Hatred Phantom

>GM is completely okay with this
>>
>>44531995
Today I tried playing a D&D video game to fill that hole in my life. I had a miserable time and was not even allowed to get prerequisite-free TWF as a RANGER by my chosen game - I'm pretty sure you just don't even get Combat Style. And you can't trip ever, not in any of the ones I've played to date. And Power Attack is a fixed (horrible) benefit in all of them. You know what the only melee-friendly strategy in existence was? Having my druid party member cast Entangle, trapping everyone 10ft away from my reach-weapon character for a million years with one first-level spell.
>>
>>44533312

As long as I can use a horse!

Also, my friend made a (semi-)martial tradition, if you want a good laugh.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k--eo11w4pDhrJLvRudwDr3KmVNkTlXPQoJUTnnnOKg/edit
>>
>>44533516
There is the Daevic from Akashic Mysteries, one of DSP's products based on Magic of Incarnum from 3.5

The Justice and Wrath Daevics do bull rush really well, although their damage is on hit instead of on impact.

There's also the Steelkicker's Boots which do 1d6 on impact from a bull rush. Those are in our Steelforge playtest.
>>
>>44534254
The only one I can recommend as a passably good provider of the real honest to goodness d20 experience is Temple of Elemental Evil. I also enjoy Kotor, but that's less pure.
>>
>>44534342
From what I've heard, though, is that you shouldn't drink as a paladin or you'll fall.
>>
>>44534342
It sucks that the only DnD games use incredibly out of date engines and rules or are dumbed down, and other CRPGs don't even use a similar set of rules or gameplay.
>>
>>44534254
What game was it?
>>
>>44534269
Line breaks, my brother. Line breaks, for the love of hell. Or at least indent your paragraphs.
>>
I know Path of War is OP at level one, but how are Psionics? If I were to play in a game where everyone else was some Paizo class would I be far stronger than them at all?
>>
>>44534446
Far weaker than PoW, since they don't have the level 1 nukes that magic has. Psionics ranges from underwhelming to balanced at level 1, like most things.
>>
>>44534269
What about if a Hoe comes between a group of Bros.
>>
>>44534277
Kinetic Kickers are 1d6 per extra 5 feet, I thought? Did that get changed? If so, I need to re-buy some stuff, convinced my GM to allow it
>>
>>44534540
I'm on my phone so I'm going by memory. You're probably right.
>>
File: 1320566430778.jpg (71KB, 395x450px) Image search: [Google]
1320566430778.jpg
71KB, 395x450px
>>44534372
>>
>>44534446
You can only spend as many points on a power as your manifester level, so it's cool.
>>
File: 1451791548021.jpg (158KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1451791548021.jpg
158KB, 1024x1024px
One of Shelyn's daughters
>>
File: 1449535237100.jpg (580KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1449535237100.jpg
580KB, 1536x2048px
>>44534698
That must be the younger one.
>>
>>44534698
Shelyn needs to teach her daughter to not duckface.
>>
>>44534729
Oh cool, the photo i posted is still being posted
>>
>>44534698
What aquatic bird did she mate with to create such a creature?
>>
>>44534893
A bird of paradise
>>
>>44534465
>>44534669
Thanks for letting me know. I asked because I want to ease my group into it and show them it's not OP. Was thinking Marksman, Vitalist, or Cryptic. Any recommendations? It's going to be a Jade Regent campaign so I don't think stuff like Dread will be thematic.
>>
>>44535047
Vitalist is a balanced and fun combat healer. It's pretty great, but might make people freak out if they're not used to healing being viable. Definitely agree that Dread isn't a good idea; it's not that strong except when it gets /broken/, thanks to fear effects being so binary.

I recommend the Marksman or Vitalist, of those. Cryptic is cool too, but underwhelming in my experience. I've got a hardon for soulknives, myself, but the coolest stuff for them is from DSP's playtests, so I'm not sure if that'd be good to recommend.
>>
Would a god survive a black hole
>>
>>44535318
Pathfinder probably. 3.5 it depends on the god, most of them probably not. That 20 outsider / 20 fighter / 20 ranger ain't got nothin'
>>
New thread: >>44535366
>>44535366
>>44535366
>>
>>44535356
Why so in pf specially?

They do have their buttload of immunities
>>
>>44535356
A great many of the gods have Alter Reality, which could just remove the black hole if they wanted. A great many of the gods in 3.5 also have spontaneous casting of Miracle and similar. A couple can do it at-will. Each of these acts would be a free action. Greater gods would have also seen the black hole coming a few weeks to a few months out, and possibly taken steps to deal with it.

3.5 gods are OP as fight.
>>
>>44532965
>Frost giant running away, screaming
>Dancing Hut running after him
>When I catch you, I'm gonna' fuck you!
>>
>>44535356
>>44535414
They are divine
>>
>>44535414
They just aren't statted in pf, they aren't meant to be fought or anything. They have no limits, because by placing limits players would kill them and that's apparently not fun.
>>
>>44535424
... OP as fuck.
>>
>>44535424
>>44535471
Wat, bro they're gods
>>
>>44535424
Do they? I knew a few did, I don't recall it being that prevalent, though, but desu I haven't looked at any gods' stats in years.
>>
>>44530754
Because most clerics would not put a favor of there God in a scroll to be bought or stolen.
>>
>>44535436
Pretty much, except there were guys with swords hanging off the sides and a bison.
>>
Wish they would make a deity supplement with god stats for avatars
Would freaking pay for that
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.