[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mortarion was the only one holding true to the imperial truth.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Pre-HeresyMortarion.jpg (39KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Pre-HeresyMortarion.jpg
39KB, 480x640px
Mortarion was the only one holding true to the imperial truth.
>>
>>44519109
None really cares about mortarion.
>>
>>44519246
What about mortarion?
>>
Who is this....Mortarion?
He sounds irrelevant....like for example if someone was named Ferrus Manus. It oozes irrelevance.
>>
File: poor mortarion.jpg (284KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
poor mortarion.jpg
284KB, 800x400px
>>44519740
>>
>>44519109
So, i'm reading some of the Death Guard's novels, and they are very interesting...

... jk, there are no Death Guard's novel because they are irrelevant.
>>
>>44519779
It's kind of normal for a traitor legion's most relevant character to be a senior captain rather than their primarch, but the only other legion I can think of where the primarch isn't number two is the EC, and while they're notorious faggots they're at least more relevant than the Death Guard. And their second most relevant guy is at least still in the legion.

I like the Death Guard, but they really do get so little characterisation.
>>
>>44519779
Death Guard have gotten very few novels, Flight of the E was a Garro book first and foremost.
>>
File: Typhona1.jpg (122KB, 722x592px) Image search: [Google]
Typhona1.jpg
122KB, 722x592px
God dammit this mini is amazing.
>>
>>44519779
I'm sure to get some flak for this statement, but...

Isn't it kind of their point to be bland? Their whole mentality is/was purified stoicism and their tactics are so singleminded, they out-obsess World Eaters and CLOSE COMBAT FOREVER. The whole "move and shoot" is so vanilla you could just as well eat nature-joghurt with a piece of bread.

The Flight of the Eisenstein gave us absolutely nothing characteristic or relatable about the Legion. Sure, we had Garro and his band of jolly misfits hijacking a cruiser then get warpraped and eventually buddying up with the IF, but hands down it wasn't about the Legion but actually deserters.

The Death Guard are purified rank-and-file knuckleheads "doing their doody, sir" and I think that's all they need.

What really irks me is actually White Scars or Iron Hands. They have so much more potential but nobody does anything with them. In the case of Iron Hands I feel as though they're actually making them worse because even Ferry Manny is such a mongrel knucklehead in "Fulgrim" and even though most of his personality is warped by Fulgrim's distorted perception, even in the few moments where we see the story from FM's point of view he's so blatantly "MUH IRON" it made me hate the IH even more for being such a waste of space.
>>
>>44520867
Read Meduson and Brotherhood of the Storm. Iron Hands and White Scars have gotten some pretty awesome stuff.
>>
>>44519246
I do.
>>
File: Primarch_Jhagatai_Khan.jpg (436KB, 769x1145px) Image search: [Google]
Primarch_Jhagatai_Khan.jpg
436KB, 769x1145px
>>44521054
"Scars" are great too, one of the best HH books in my opinion.
>>
>>44520867
>The Death Guard are purified rank-and-file knuckleheads "doing their doody, sir" and I think that's all they need.

Even that still leaves a lot of room for things. The madness of maintaining normalcy in a universe like 40k, the price of duty, conflict of loyalty, any of that would give them a bit of interest. Give us a Primarch who damned his Legion with a mental breakdown in the face of Chaos, give us a Legion who fell because the Warmaster ordered it and good soldiers don't question orders, give us a tragedy about rank-and-file knuckleheads being dragged down into darkness for nothing more than having the wrong allies.
>>
>>44521789
I originally had Scars written, but I removed it on the assumption that anon had at least read the base novels.
>>
>>44519109
>Mortarion was the only one holding true to the imperial truth.

How do you figure?
>>
File: Death Guard dark.jpg (202KB, 632x578px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard dark.jpg
202KB, 632x578px
>>44520867
Apparently they were really good with order - if the captain dies there's no dissent or power vacuum, the next guy just steps up. It's said to stem from Mortarion, as a legion they pretty much perfectly represent his will, which adds a lot of weight to both the Istvaan massacre and to the betrayals of his First and Seventh great company captains

That's from HH1, and it's pretty much all the characterisation they've had, sadly
>>
>>44524682
That's why I like them a lot. No messing about vanilla marines without the lego secondary objective.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.