[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halflings With Guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Billy Bob Baggins.jpg (37KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
Billy Bob Baggins.jpg
37KB, 700x396px
The halflings got guns now. No other race in the setting does.

How does this change your game?
>>
>>44507224
this is actually already canon in my setting. not much changes.
>>
>>44507224
Trivially true in my setting: there are no halflings and no guns.
>>
>>44507224
Its called Arcane Codex.
>>
>>44507224
>your game
Humans only. Either that pirate town got downsized, or we've got a mutie problem.

Also, my character wonders where the fuck his rifle just went.
>>
File: arcanum.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
arcanum.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>44507224
Common in Arcanum. But only halflings? They don't have the political ambition to do anything with guns. I guess gnomes would try to buy them and then use their newly acquired assets to strengthen their position.
>>
>>44507488

Yeah like that business with the half-ogres and the ogre island

You remember the ogre island don't you?
>>
>>44507548
I've actually played the shit out of Arcanum but never stumbled on that island. I know what's going on there thanks to /v/ but I have no idea how to get that far in the quest. I retrieved the siamese skulls for the dude in the inn but his contact was nowhere to be found in Black Root.
>>
why do they have them?

if they invent them, they'd just sell them, and everyone would have guns.

If it was like a magic thing, not much would change.

it never made sense to me why guns were so disliked in games anyway. If a guy can survive a slash from a sword, what's a bullet gonna do?
>>
>>44507224
Considering my setting already has the civilized world ruled by a coalition of the small races who violently seized power a few generations before. They'd probably share them with their allies and make it all the harder for the resistance.
>>
>The 'sit around and fuck and eat all day' race got enough gumption to get all that infrastructure goin'
>do all that mining
>Did all the research with gunpowder despite how hilariously dangerous it was
>With all of that engineering and metallurgy prowess they got
>and then never sold one to any of the other races despite how valuable they'd be.

At least Dwarves having firearms makes sense. Halflings only is just dumb.
>>
>>44508638
Can't be a good hillbilly without them.
>>
It isn't long before the halflings are murdered and their guns stolen and reverse engineered. Now the setting has guns.
>>
Dark Sun Halflings are like pygmy cannibal Yanomami.

The forest ridge just got a lot more dangerous.
>>
>>44508763
Not if they protect themselves with guns. Dex bonus, small size resulting in AC increase, stealth bonuses, all those saving throw bonuses... halflings with guns would be scary. Might actually be worse than elves with guns.
>>
>>44507224
Everyone wonders how the thieving vermin stole all the guns at the same time.
>>
>>44508885
>thieving vermin stole all the guns at the same time.

Change that to something like "almost all the guns" or "the armory / munitions factories", and you could have a decent faction there. A bunch of heavily-armed ratmen rampaging through a civilization that was trying to exterminate them.
>>
>>44507224
Our wilder sorcerer has a gun now. Mmm...
>>
>>44507224
no, everyone has guns, why didnt they have guns? everyone since the 15th century has been using guns.
>>
File: 1370177602866.jpg (79KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1370177602866.jpg
79KB, 800x534px
>>44507224
>How does this change your game?

My halflings are the Hatfields and McCoys. Just stay out of the fucking hill counrty.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.