[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DM Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: dnd dark goblin.jpg (8KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
dnd dark goblin.jpg
8KB, 160x160px
i just started a 4th ed game and the players are in a town called Winterhaven (Keep on the Shadowfell module) but my problem is in game money, how much should things cost?

a stay at the in is 8gp and armor might be 120gp but the price of a potion is 10gp so whats the point in having copper, silver and platinum?

TLDR: HOW MUCH SHOULD I CHARGE FOR ITEMS LIKE FOOD, ARMOR, POTIONS, HORSES AND WHAT WOULD A LITTLE TOWN HAVE TO OFFER?
>>
However much you think it should cost.
>>
>>44484986
>However much you think it should cost.
Pretty much.
>>
>>44484986
i really don't have a idea what the standard cost of things are
>>
>>44485006
Then wing it motherfucker.
>>
Honestly, I would leave the prices for things but change the rewards to a minimum on the gp allotment. Magic items, gems, art, and jewelry should be mainstays and gp a small afterthought. Also, remember that an inn cant make change for a high-priced item.
>>
>>44485006
>i really don't have a idea what the standard cost of things are
For simplicity: (i) Use only gold coins. (ii) You earn a very sall amount of gold coins. (iii) Keep the cost for items constant at, for instance, inns.
>>
how do i get my player back on track to finding some cultests?
i'm running keep on the shadowfell and i get the feeling that they have no idea where the cultest tower is.
>>
>>44485306
Cultist steals something from/outright attacks the party, they track him back to the tower.
>>
>>44485306
I think you meant "Cultists" and i would have one of the npcs steal something from the players and it turned out that the npc was a cultist
>>
>>44484967
>a stay at the in is 8gp
Are their beds made of gold?
Do they offer free blowjobs?
>>
>>44485306
>how do i get my player back on track to finding some cultests?
Back on track? Shouldn't the cultists lead them to the particular track?

>>44485306
>i'm running keep on the shadowfell
:never heard of it, what the fuck is -Keep on the Shadowfell is the first official product from the 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons- oh.
>>
>>44485511
>44485228 #
they thought the adventurers seemed gullible
>>
>>44485306
>how do i get my player back on track to finding some cultests?
Misunderstood that one The cultists attack the PC:s
>>
>>44484967
>so whats the point in having copper, silver and platinum?
Not everything costs gold.
As for your question, a stay at a in should really cost a handful of coppers a night.
Most of your answers are found in the PHB/DMG, and if you have neither, and are running a game, you have bigger problems.
>>
>>44485624
is it a bad thing that that was the first product from them for 4th edition
>>
>>44485897
>is it a bad thing that that was the first product from them for 4th edition
To be honest I haven't got a clue. Never played it, nor 4th edition. Anyone got a pdf of the adventure or anything? Would love to help if I can.
>>
>>44485943
https://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/h1.pdf
>>
>>44486171
Thank you. Just read the summary of the adventure. I am not sure whether you are the one that requested help or not, but if you are, is there anything particular we could help you with? Or are you rather questioning the adventure istelf?
>>
File: dnd female drow.jpg (143KB, 640x962px) Image search: [Google]
dnd female drow.jpg
143KB, 640x962px
>>44486269
that would be me.
once a week i can get 4 friends together for 3 hours so play a game but the pcs have only had 2 encounters in 2 weeks due to bad timing and i would love to make the world more....real to them.

2 of them want to buy things but i have no idea how much you would sell some apples, bread, some birds or some such things like that.

just looking for ways to make this game more real for the players.
>>
>Keep on the Shadowfell

You failed so miserably, I feel sorry for your players.

The worst part is, you're too stupid to care just how badly you fucked up.
>>
>>44486718
>that would be me.
Good to hear it and happy new year!

>>44486718
>once a week i can get 4 friends together for 3 hours so play a game but the pcs have only had 2 encounters in 2 weeks due to bad timing and i would love to make the world more....real to them.
Ok.

>>44486718
>2 of them want to buy things but i have no idea how much you would sell some apples, bread, some birds or some such things like that.
>just looking for ways to make this game more real for the players.
Cool. Sounds like something any GM would like to do. And I guess you would like to keep the game somewhat balanced in the sense that you do not wish to sell a particulary powerful item for peanuts so that they can breeze through the adventure? Is that the problem in a sense?
>>
File: dnd goblins attack 2.jpg (146KB, 800x485px) Image search: [Google]
dnd goblins attack 2.jpg
146KB, 800x485px
>>44486860
i had a player last week ask me where the Apothecary was and i had never heard of that word before but later learned it meant potion shop but ya, what i want is to make use of silver and copper coins and if the pcs want to buy a pig, horse or wagon i will let them but i could not find a standard price point for anything or a common point for what we have ( a dollar, 10 dollars, is a gold coin worth $50?)

>>44486757
what do you mean?
my players mostly like fighting and any module can be good if played well by the gm and player, what is wrong with this module?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.