[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

carbs intake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: wizard-needs-food.gif (37KB, 650x429px) Image search: [Google]
wizard-needs-food.gif
37KB, 650x429px
why does wizard need food?
>>
>>44484603
Cause magic is a poor nutritional alternative.

Though good luck getting that in a medieval fantasy.
>>
>>44484603

It takes roughly zero effort to make a ring of sustenance.
>>
>>44484999
It takes a feat slot.
>>
>>44484999
>It takes roughly zero effort to make a ring of sustenance.
This is why I hate modern D&D. In the good old days, you had to permanently sacrifice a point of your own Constitution just to cast Permanency on a magic item. Now you just have to take the Shit Magic Rings feat and you can crap out magical items all the ding-dong day.
>>
>>44485051

Roughly zero effort.

Besides, crafting wondrous items is always handy.
>>
>>44485065
No, it's Forge Ring not Craft Wondrous. A much less useful feat overall.
>>
>>44485083

Tell that to Sauron's face and see what happens.
>>
Cooking is a lot like alchemy - it helps keep the wizard's skills sharp.
>>
>>44485064
I am firmly under the belief that the ability to make magic items is out of reach for the players. Or any crafting, for that matter.
>>
Because magic takes energy from the body (depending on the setting) and mind and you need to nourish yourself.

Funny enough, conjured food does the trick just fine
>>
>>44485064
>shit magic rings

See, I take entire sets of rings, and stick 'em up my ass. One at a time, of course. Then I enchant them and hide them or sell them. Then, when some warlock is giving me a hard time and he's wearing a magic ring, I know there's a good chance that that ring on his finger has been in my ass.
>>
>>44485130
So they can't cook, write, whittle, etc
>>
>>44485331
That's more background stuff really. Fluff vs. Crunch man.
>>
>>44485230
Originally pennies? I forgot what that's from
>>
>>44485385
Nigga, you dont know shit about my 11 ranks in Craft(Cook).
>>
>>44486877
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO1Q7F23DxM

Enjoy.
>>
File: 3819842924_269495baa6[1].jpg (165KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
3819842924_269495baa6[1].jpg
165KB, 500x375px
>>44484603
>why does wizard need food?

Because unless you can get Mana from an outside source(Religious or Demonic) you have to make it yourself and that times energy and caloric intake since ultimately you can never actually make something out of nothing.

Conjured water is almost always summoned forth from the surrounding moisture in the air with your own magical energies being used as the inbetween to pool it and speed up the process. The idea that you create a small pocket portal to the elemental plane of water to fetch some drinking water is both stupid, wasteful and even than- elemental water isn't clean; it can have fish, small insects and other debris in it.
Conjuring water usually doesn't take up more Mana than you'd get from drinking the water itself unless the area you're in is excessively dry and without moisture.

Conjured food is almost always either transmuted or converted from some pre-existing nearby organic source of vegetation, starch or fiber, I.E: a wizard can simple transform a patch of grass into an edible, palatable, loaf of bland food. Higher levels or more sophisticated instances of conjured food though usually come in the form of "Mana Biscuits"; golden, fluffy, lightly crusted sweet loaves of a starchy, chewy substance made completely out of mana. Mana bread and biscuits though are not usually made to be immediately eaten but instead are often stored and kept away so they can be eaten at a later time or even sold to other people for both magical and mundane purposes.. they are after all quite delicious and even non-magical persons enjoy the sweet and honey-like taste of Mana food.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.