[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #638: Pod the Devil Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 380
Thread images: 54

File: 1442013359136.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1442013359136.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44443133
>>
Let's see, questions...

Anyone want to tell us the MBTI type of their jumper or companions? Or if it changed somehow? For those who don't know, it's some personality test that was made in the 40s or 50s that some companies use when hiring people.
>>
Question to NuBee / Nu / Whatever-title-he-goes-under.

When it comes to Bloodborne: The Old Hunters, what are you planning for the Beast's Embrace and Milkweed Runes?

BROCCOLI HEAD JUMPER

>>44461647
Eh. Sorry, not one to put too much stock on shit like that. Neither myself nor Jumper.

Hell, Jumper runs a fucking Meritocracy on board the LoT and it's associated fleet.
>>
I have question for all you Jumpers. What are the moments that you almost lost, died or were going to hit the fail condition? When it looked like there was no way out and this would be the end of your Journey

And how did you get out of it?

What kept you going in that dark moment, what was the light in the dark or great goal you had to achieve, the distance reward that nothing could stop you from reaching, tell me about that Jumpers.
>>
>>44462232
In Van Helsing jump, I took that one drawback that makes the world be taken over by vampires.

The goal was to make it from Boston to London, crack open the Kingsman Armory, suit up and kick ass.

Thank god for Hamon, or things would have ended much worse.
>>
>>44462206

Not entirely sure yet, but they're going in along with many other runes.

Since I'm adding covenants (something I'm still working out), I'm not sure if I'm locking those runes to their respective covenants, or if entering the covenant would just grant them free of charge and they can be purchased otherwise or what.

Yeah though, they're in.
>>
>>44462232
One Piece, we were slotted for execution, I was first on the platform, chained in sea prism stone. For a second I thought I might actually die, then I realized these people were idiots and I was free to just lift up my arms and catch the sword, which broke the chain and let me punch my way off the platform. I smashed the cuffs against a wall and then boom, I had my powers back, time to kick ass and get the fuck out of dodge.
>>
what is the general ruling on properties that don't specifically say that they follow you to future worlds? Do they anyway?

Also: is there a bigger property than King Arthur's 10 acres? Maybe Viking Saga's land?
>>
>>44462453
There good for that jump only.
>>
>>44462453
If it does follow post-jump, the Jump-maker will state specifically.
>>
File: karasuba-140496.jpg (52KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
karasuba-140496.jpg
52KB, 800x600px
>>44461647
I'm assuming this is a roundabout way of asking how our personalities and the personalities of our companions have changed over time?

Most of my companions have more or less mellowed out as the years have gone by.

>Jibril
She still loves War, but she's equally at home chilling in the Warehouse reading through new books. As she's mellowed, her more playful side has come out, and she loves to just hang out with all of us. Still haven't seen her truly angry though, the closest she's gotten is intense annoyance due to Excalibur.

>Karasuba
Still a blood knight all the way, but she doesn't seek out fights every single day like she used to. She's found a happy equilibrium, and weirdly enough part of that involves a hobby she's found she really enjoys: training others. There's more than a few disciples of the Black Sekirei's school of sword fighting. It should come as no surprise that her training methods are less "learn some forms" and more "terrifying live combat drills"

>Akitsu
She's still very quiet, and still really damn overprotective. Out of all my companions, Akitsu has changed the least. She still manages to embarrass me though, because to her, as a Sekirei, the more people in her Ashikabi's "Flock", the safer I'll be. So she shamelessly propositions damn near any lady who is a capable fighter to join up. She refuses to stop too, some notalble people she's propositioned: Selvaria, Asajj Ventress, Miss Fortune, Parasoul, Lina and Luna Inverse, Naga, Glynda Goodwitch, Arcueid, Commander Shepard, Aria T'Loak, Nyreen Kandros, Eda, Shenhua, and Balalaika. Naturally, each incident was embarrassing or terrifying, and sometimes both.
I'm dreading when Akame ga kill comes out, because I know she'll laser in straight for Esdeath.

Of course Jibril and Karasuba actively encourage Akitsu, and the rest of my companions find the whole thing hilarious.
>>
>>44461647
I had to take that thing a long time ago for a psychology course. It's been awhile, but I think I got an INTJ... but I also remember that the J was right on the line, could've gone either way but for a single answer.
Because the jump mentions a mirroring of the Myers Briggs specifically, Vera, my rival from Yugioh, is thusly an ENTP, also with her P right on the line and easily able to switch over.

This doesn't really effect a whole lot, but in my head this is indicative of... I'm pretty self-absorbed and analytical and plodding, selfish genius introvert. This is a surprise to nobody.

Vera on the other hand is much more proactive and idealistic, but not stupid. In fact she's very intelligent and analytical, just with a greater emphasis on getting things done and with a bit of a romantic in her soul.
I don't really talk about her a whole lot, cuz it's not really that interesting in a telling stories sense, but I always think of her as being really good at jumping. She's good at training up and figuring shit out just on the basis of having done this awhile. She's actually the third most powerful among us, after me and Bass. But unlike Bass, it's not because I handed her anything, and unlike me, she doesn't have a divine patron. She's just trying really hard.
Of course she thinks I'm a complete idiot.

If I'm to be thought of as Konata, then, yeah, Vera is basically my Kagame.
>>
>>So someone thought it was a good idea to leave an option that you Aren't supposed to use in a jump on the drive. Fucking fate.

Tsukihime Jumpchain
Meido:Monique + 300
Stabilizer+200
Ordinary High School Student Free
No Sell-400
Mystic Eyes of Enchantment-300
Pure Eyes of Fate -600
Sealing Artifact-100
Calculator: Mother box-100
Mystic Eye KillersFree with mystic eyes of enchantment.

Mother box
Magic Circuits Free for everyone
Battle Mage- 200
Thought Acceleration free Alchemist
Unreal Precision-200 discount alchemist
Memory Partition-200 discount alchemist

# So the love of All my lives Is enjoying being treated like a princess She is , And Everyone's Getting weirded out because they didn't know I was into that. *
>>
>>44462969
Wait, what option aren't you supposed to use?
>>
>>44463074
Mystic eyes of death perception.
>>
>>44462969
It was never removed.

That said, the eyes are perfectly fine where they are once we've established the great many risks involved some threads back.
>>
>>44463355
I know they were never removed, But I was told You weren't supposed to Take them and you should not mention any plans that involve you having taken them Or used Them in.
>>
>>44463355
>>44463083

They shoulda been removed, but apparently Ninjanon was under contract to not remove them after Tsukihime-Anon performed all those 'favors for a friend' and kept buffing them past canon level.
>>
>>44463418
See now, I ever Pulled anything like that, when something I made was broken I fucking fixed it .
>>
>>44463439
>when something I made was broken I fucking fixed it

>Misc Meta
>Misc Meta
>Misc Meta
>What is Misc Meta
>>
>>44463495
Right so I put benchmarks and Limits on Its progression. Spiderman/Static shock villain Isn't OP for the universe or even most Superhero universes
>>
>>44463439
>when something I made was broken I fucking fixed it .
>what is Infinicon
>>
>>44463684
You know what happens if you take that stuff right? either it causes you to lose all of your original personality as you become the character fully or it makes The side effects of imagine breaker look like a cakewalk once reality starts pushing back against these things that should not be.
>>
>>44463522
And then you just as quickly broke those limits and benchmarks by constantly adjusting its growth rate, not to mention never placing a limit on what powers could be attained AND at the same time allowing multiple purchases.
>>
File: moreorless.jpg (205KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
moreorless.jpg
205KB, 1200x1200px
>>44461647
I'm an INFP according to some test I took a couple years ago, and a couple years before that. These tests are mostly just spitting the information you give them back out at you with different words. I suppose that makes them good for quick summaries without details.

Let's see, according to the descriptions on a website called Typelogic and some guesswork
Chimmy is ENFP
Falco is ISFJ
Roberta is ESFJ
Lexington is ENTP
Ko'el is INFJ, though that might just be all Tau.

>>44462232
I've been covering those things in Light of Terra. It's the one place I've been where I can't run from my problems. My companions have been saving my ass, I've been delegating leadership to the War Coucil, the roots I use for my tea are weak narcotics, and everything I've earned I've had to fight for. 25 years of this means Jumper-me is suicidal and barely keeping it together.

So, I guess I handle it by delegating and self-medicating.
>>
>>44463770
1.Of course I kept adjusting the growth rate, the thread it is the people who told me to keep adjusting the growth rate. 2. of course It's open ended, it's supposed to be open-ended, I Would have had to break it down into Like eight other options If it wasn't.
>>
>>44463956

It's probably late enough that you will get yelled at again if you did, but I have a question.

Have you ever considered adding examples of what count as 'thematically related abilities' to Misc Meta?
>>
>>44464264
>It's probably late enough that you will get yelled at again if you did, but I have a question.

Much less stupid, more popular jumps have gotten more serious updates with no fuss.
>>
>>44464264
Honestly I thought that was pretty clear,Like look at Antman, he can talk to ants,He can shrink the size of an ant,That kind of thing.
>>
>>44463742
Waitwaitwait.

Let me get this straight. The ONLY thing special about infinicon...is a trap.

Nigga. What is even the fucking point then?
>>
>>44464471
Well, there are those of us who love traps.
>>
>>44464471
Tera is not known for his ability to make good decisions.
>>
Would podding EMIYA save that copy of him or nah ?
>>
File: seriously.png (85KB, 407x222px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
85KB, 407x222px
>>44464471
#Begin sarcasm block#

>>Oh sure spending ten years going to conventions And having fun and or a supercomputer that's always setting relevant or getting that last season/book to the series that ended too early Or having the ability to put your willpower against someone else's general power level to bring them down to normal human levels are completely worthless right...
>>
>>44464532
Yeah, having fun at a ten year convention and dressing up all fancy and shit would be interesting.

Too bad I can't actually do that since I would have to be super fucking paranoid about being mindfucked and occasionally literally fucked.

Infinicon is a stupid fucking setting.
>>
>>44464594
Don't blame me, I was never part of those threads. /tg/ Is the one at fault here.
>>
>>44464615
Actually, no. I can blame you since you made the jump.
>>
>>44464594
Stay on the higher levels and don't take drawbacks then. The Infinicon is content creation central and even if 90% of everything is crap it LITERALLY SINKS TO THE BOTTOM. Go to the district you feel like hanging out in that day and see what's being circulated by the intelligent people who understand fade to blacks and free will.

You're probably mind shenanigan resistant anyways at this point.
>>
>>44464354

True, but this is Bancho were talking about. They have a tendency to do stuff to get yelled at.

>>44464375

It's mostly that the perk has absolutely no guidelines on what count as 'thematically related' type things.

Sure there's examples of power you might have, but none of them are in connected sets.

As is someone could do something like pick the following for example

First Power - People I'd want dead have a tendency to walk towards me.

Second Power - People I would want dead spontaneously combust and burn to ash when in sight.

Third Power - I instantly learn all of the financial information of any person I see burnt to ask from spontaneous combustion.

And then claim it looks related enough.
>>
File: it takes two to tango.jpg (355KB, 800x883px) Image search: [Google]
it takes two to tango.jpg
355KB, 800x883px
>>44461647
Personalities in my jumping crew? Not sure about the test but I can talk about what they're like.

>Jacqueline Pobydd
Huge homebody. Takes a lot of satisfaction in the little things; tending the garden, sewing clothes and blankets, cooking, etc. Despite being the 'core' Jumper and defacto leader of the group is fairly uncomfortable in leadership positions outside the jumping group and prefers something of a subtle approach to making waves in a setting - if only because tying their face, name, and general idea of where they live to being something of unusual interest would seriously cut into their busy domestic life. Despite this they have a difficult time not acting when something catches their interest and takes great satisfaction in upsetting expectations.

>Cadwgan Pobydd
Jacqueline's other half. Longest companion, though not by too much - Ariel joined the group barely a week later. Physically the most capable of the group and prefers meeting problems head on, no matter if its a sparring session, dragging Jacqueline to some social invitation, or tilling the garden. His best friend is Arawn and the two can often be found tinkering on a project somewhere.

>Ariel Pobydd
The second-in-command. Jacqueline's best friend and by far the most well-rounded personality of the group. They can thrive in pretty much any social environment. Alternates with Jacqueline or Mairwen as party 'face' depending on the line of work.

>Arawn Pobydd
Fiercely loyal to his friends. He will drop any and everything to respond to those who need a hand. Rarely separate from Ariel for any great length of time and despite being something of the group drill sergeant encouraging and advising he's also a big puppy and lacks a lot of initiative of their own.
>>
>>44464660
This is a very good point, and will be included in the next update.
>>
File: ffion.png (495KB, 1280x1260px) Image search: [Google]
ffion.png
495KB, 1280x1260px
>>44464661
>Ffion Pobydd
A largely independent soul. She has no real aversion to the limelight and does have a fondness for the extravagant but prefers it to make everything into a game of cat and mouse, hidden references, and slow reveals that are their best when shared between those who've invested far too much time and effort into the whole affair. Tends towards the long-game in the rotating games of trickster ploys between herself, Jacqueline, Aderyn, Ronan, and Bran.

>Ronan Pobydd
They're a passionate person with a lot of reserved strength - their pride and conviction do not bend. When a problem presents itself to him he'll act quickly and efficiently with his preferred methods being a mixture of stealth, brute force, and intimidation by reputation. That last one has led to a long partnership with Ffion, in which their flare for the reveal - though on different scales - finds them constantly engaged.

>Bran Mua
The last of the 'original' companions from Pokemon. Something of an introvert and often on their lonesome exploring. If they stumble over a problem they prefer to keep their distance until either forced to deal with it or they're sure they can handle it. While good at keeping themselves hidden while on their own or planning, their execution tends to be rather straight forwards. Voted most likely to place a bucket of water on top of a door.

>Aderyn Mua
The first one who joined our group after Pokemon. By far the most outgoing of the group. There is little in life they believe cannot be more engaging with a little more excitement. Will try anything once and while a capable cook, is known for being somewhat hit or miss as they try and incorporate something new from the latest world or mix up an old favourite. Is often the catalyst for some new plot and the voice of action/temptation to Jacqueline's chaotic side. Ended up married to Bran, who took her last name since he didn't have one of his own - rather only the 'clan' name adopted by the group.
>>
File: chardent.png (140KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
chardent.png
140KB, 500x282px
>>44464699
>Chardent
A brutish shushu who is quick to insult and belittle. Has a nasty sense of humor, often taunting his 'guardian' Jacqueline who has 'failed their job more than any other guardian who has ever had their blade.' Despite this he has a twisted sense of loyalty to the group in that they are his to screw with and no other demon or devil is to encroach on their turf. There is also an ongoing friendship when he thinks no one is paying attention between himself and Mairwen. Whether its a long con to tempt them into releasing him or corrupting them or a genuine relationship is unknown.

>Mairwen Pobydd
The most capable researcher of the group and dedicates much of their time to better understanding each world they encounter and what makes it tick. Part of this is that due to their nature as a magical AI that draws on the local fundamental chaos for power they have a direct line to some fantastic variables to test. It would also probably kill them if they don't figure out at least a way to filter the chaos to a more domesticated form. As a result they tend to be the most technically proficient spell slinger and has a wealth of contingency plans, designs, and outlines to work with. Closely works with Ariel, Ffion, and Jacqueline in research and planning.

>Haul
The most recent addition to the group. Very curious as an AI but lacks independence. Spent much of their first decade being very confused at the group's unorthodox methods that go contrary to much of what it knew before but has settled into a role of adventuring with any currently exploring members or hanging out with Mairwen and assisting in their research where they can or simply reading over their shoulder. Is currently adjusting to having a meat body in the form of a house cat to which they have concluded they enjoy cushions, fish, and sitting on Mairwen's keyboard. No one has introduced them to catnip yet however, in fears that they might start materializing a small starship in enclosed spaces.
>>
>>44464524
It should. Alaya doesn't exist in non-Nasuverse worlds so there would be nothing to actually force him back to murdering things after his death.
>>
>>44464810
And doesit give them a body or is it homonculous time? And thank you
>>
So, I've been trying for the last hour to upload the new release for Quest For Glory here with no luck; I keep getting a "Possible Malicious code detected in image" error or something. I've tried removing different images in the pdf, with no luck.

Has anyone experienced this error?
>>
So, I gave up trying to get 4chan to believe that the images don't contain malicious code, whatever that means. The file attached here is just the cover page, which 4chan will accept. I have uploaded the new version of the jump to the drive, so it is currently at:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_6DgZrbKgtCbDF6WmFUOEVEa1U&usp=drive_web&tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc

VERSION 1.1. I sincerely hope and plan for this to be the only significant update. I can't promise it, because maybe I screwed something up majorly, but I have no further big plans for it. Energies toward the next one, and all. The biggest changes are to the Drop-In tree, though several of the Fighter and Thief lower perks got a bit of a bump.

Changelog 1.1:
Minor boosts to Swordcraft, Mighty,
Throwing consolidated into one rank.
Removed “Oops!” perk related to skipping death once.
Consolidated two luck-like Drop-In perks into
Added “Dashing Diplomacy” and “Masterful Marksman” perks.
Several items changed to be discounted based on perks.
Swords expanded and elaborated on.
Bow item added.
Some textual clean up, elaboration, clarification.
Zara and Brauggi elaborated on and lowered prereqs.
Fox prereq removed, added discount.
Added Bestiary.
Added Prophecy Spoilers section.
Added ages and gender clarification to background section.
Added many images.
Several new drawbacks.
Increased drawback limit to +600. Possible +800 with certain drawbacks

>>44452927

Ah, do you always go Drop-IN? I ask because it's not numerically sensical here, but if that's your thing, that's your thing!

You're definitely set for some heroing about! Good luck, and enjoy! Though, things might be changed a bit by this post.

>>44453014

Thanks!
>>
>>44465866
>Minor boosts to Swordcraft, Mighty,
*Minor boosts to Swordcraft, Mighty, Agility

May have been some other minor tweaks I missed listing, but that's definitely all the big stuff. Some items were elaborated on, too.
>>
>>44465866
4chan has terrible spam and code detection.
>>
>>44461647
INTJ when I took that test.
>>
>>44467139
INTJ is the superior type.
>>
>>44461647
I'm INFJ, and honestly, my jumper is just an idealized "me" so...
>>
>>44467309
And according to the Jungian function theory on which it is based, you can't really change type over time. You *can*, however, become a more mature version of your own type, though. Like, a mature extrovert would be better at dealing with silence, or a mature "T" type would be better at dealing with emotion.
>>
>>44467176
I don't even remember what it stands for really.
>>
>>44467401
Intelligence, Negligence, Tractor, and Japan

That's my guess anyway.
>>
>>44467401
According to my hours of research I've put in since seeing the question, it apparently means Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging.

According to google image search, it means you are some sort of villainous mastermind who has already figured out how to murder me.
>>
>>44467558
Well I know who to kidnap to blackmail you, so there's that.
>>
>>44467176
Please. INTP is on a higher level.
>>
Brutal Legend Universe-
0/1000
Roadie, We're gonna run around doing our own thing, maybe back up Ironheade from time to time.
Free Mighty Roadie
Discount What's An Engineer?
Assault Attack
Light Metal
With An E! So They Know We Aren't Fuckin Around!
Discount Forged From Metal, The Sword will now also be An Axe
A Skin of Metal
Rockin Ride
The Megastage
Been playing this game for a few days thanks to STEAM CHRISTMAS SALES. Had to do the jump.

Time to dick around and smack people for being stupid.
>>
>>44467623
>Not giving into the metal spirit.
>>
File: brofist.jpg (7KB, 219x231px) Image search: [Google]
brofist.jpg
7KB, 219x231px
>>44467401
Extraverted -- Introverted
iNtuitive -- obServant
Thinking -- Feeling
Judging -- Prospecting

>>44467619
>pic related
>>
>>44467176
>>44467619
Girls, girls; you're both lovely. INTP, I admire your dominant Ti function; introverted thinking able to analyze a system and spot internal consistency with ease. INTJ, your Ni dominance is lovely, able to see the connections between disparate ideas with startling alacrity.
>>
File: tumblr_nbmu4vS1El1s5b5tzo1_1280.jpg (452KB, 1280x1446px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbmu4vS1El1s5b5tzo1_1280.jpg
452KB, 1280x1446px
>>44461647
I'm INFP Sometimes INFJ
Very Fitting
>>
>>44467719
Actually, it's:

Extroverted/Introverted
iNtuitive/Sensing
Thinking/Feeling
Judging/Perceiving

But, close enough, I suppose.
>>
>>44467711
You REALLY think I'm not going to embrace the Metal? You're fucking crazy mate. It's why I'm going to be dicking around having fun. But part of that is smacking people for being stupid, or just generally being a dick.

Like that scene where Eddie makes a Bridge and *secret badguy* shows up JUST THEN to break it. I'll just show up to ask "So, have you been waiting here for hours just so you could do that?"
>>
>>44462736
Where does Jibril come from if you could pardon my Noobiness
>>
>>44468172
NGNL, or No Game No Life. Anime.
>>
>>44467608
You could kidnap yourself to blackmail me and it'd be about as effective. Which means you already have him! Fiend!
>>
>>44462736
>Akitsu propositioned all those people.
I wonder if I should laugh at you or feel sorry for you.
>>
So weird questions,Just trying to gauge from strength levels 1.how much do giant monsters From Pacific rim bench?
2.How much Do Transformers of the large Chassis Astrotrain Variety bench? My disguise is a Heavy tank If that has any effect on That.
3. How much would a Thousand-year-old double Heavyset muscle head Legends of Spyro/SkyLanders Dragon that has been imported into Godzilla Before they turned twenty bench?
>>
KOTORanon:

Does the CP item in Star Trek jump which grants you a rank in starfleet function when brought into your ST:TNG jump? If not, is there any established rank that you start at when in your jump?
>>
This shit is against the rules and needs to be deleted.
>>
>>44468845
How is it against the rules, again?
"You like what I don't like" is not a vaild reason, just so you know.
>>
>>44468845
Think you forgot something there.
>>
>>44468845
You already chased off the pokemon guys so fuck off.
>>
>>44468845
Unfortunately, he is right. According to the CYOA general threads latest rules, /JC/ is running at roughly 300% below mandated levels of being turned into a little girl.
>>
>>44468948
How so? Pretty much every CYOA with an age roll, I always get near the minimum. I've been a little girl far more often than I've been a grown woman. Not that I care, since fitting in is more important and there's always shapeshifting, just saying.
>>
>>44468948
It's a standardized 100-200 CP option for buying gender and age in every jump.
>>
>>44468948
So what you are saying is that we need to add more little girl options to /JC/. That sounds like a brilliant idea.
>>
>>44469000
>200 CP
Nah, man. I think it's either 50 or 100. No one would be mad enough to demand a fifth of your starting CP on superficial stuff that doesn't even matter.
>>
>>44468948
That may be, but our waifu options are operating at a 450% increase from the standard, and is still improving at a steady rate! I believe this more than evens things out.
>>
>>44468948
How to always be the little girl 1. Narnia has a perk that lets you control your aging 2. There are a number of jumps that provide human alternate forms 3. You can become a girl in damn near every jump 4.Lots of jumps like Jackie Chan adventures,wakfu, and PS238 have the option to be a child 5.The body mod supplement Lets you choose your Biological sex and build. Become petite Female and cute in body mod then go to Chronicles of Narnia and pick up Narnin Time to control your Aging, then go to Jackie Chan adventures and become young,Then go drop-in for every other jump. Now you are a little girl in all the jumps
>>
>>44469012
More Magical Girl jumps is a great idea, I agree. Princess Tutu when?
>>
>>44468932
You mean these guys?
>>44459284
>>
>>44469134
I dont know man those guys have way too many shitposters spamming them that's the only reason I think this is one of them. Because somebody mentioned jc a few times there, some may bave migrated.
>>
>>44469092
Mister cat is a creep Right? I mean He Is Disciplining His students by threatening them With the idea that They would be forcibly married to him...
>>
>>44469043
We need more waifu. Where is the overlord jump? There are at least 12 waifus on that show that I need for reasons.
>>
>>44469230
Which overlord are you talking about that animu one or the game? Because we have the game if I recall.
>>
>>44469230
I agree. That show is great.
>>
>>44469230
pretty sure those ladies and that skeleton Need each other pretty badly, and it's not like He is an
"evil" Evil overlord, So maybe don't screw them over.
>>
File: 1451052119806.png (664KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
1451052119806.png
664KB, 600x850px
>>44469270
Animu and light novel.
>>
>>44469313
Ah I have no idea what that setting is about so what's the appeal to it?
>>
>>44469230
Is there even enough content to make a jump out of it?
>>
>>44469339
Think Log Horizon but edgy.
Not in a bad way though.
>>
>>44469361
We have a Goat Simulator jump.
>>
>>44469339
The main character is a skeleton. A lich, to be precise. Other than that, it has fun characters, a nice setting, and is overall pretty enjoyable. Oh, and there's a vampire who's a necrophiliac, among a multitude of other things. However, it's also a story about how this guy who was an MMO player gets turned into his avatar, and is transported to a new world with his guild hall and all of its NPC's, who have been given life. So it has good stuff and it has not so good stuff. Personally, I'd enjoy an Overlord Jump.
>>
File: 1451186925964.png (190KB, 930x684px) Image search: [Google]
1451186925964.png
190KB, 930x684px
>>44469339
Mmo is on final day, a guy is setting in the guildhall that his friends and him made, he calls the npcs grabs the guild weapon and sits on the throne as he waits for the game to shitdown. Game hits 0 and he looks up, and the npcs are asking whats wrong. He is now his skeleton overlord and it is no longer a game. The npcs see him as their godking because him and the other 40 guild members made them. Through a series of misunderstandings and bluff checks the npcs set out to help him conquer the world.

It is unbelievably good.
>>
>>44469413
His Bluff is off the fucking charts. Like goddamn, I know he's a roleplayer above all else, but are we sure he didn't used to minmax?
>>
So I found some comics about jumpers Being jumpers,Enjoy.

http://ghostfruits.com/tagged/comics
>>
>>44469450
Its a mix of best poker face ever, a passive ability that keeps his emotions in check, and the people he bluffs at often wanting to believe him.
>>
>>44469499
Sounds legit. I'll take it.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 700x933px
So JC, do you keep track of your body count? When was the first jump that you killed another sentient being, not out of self defense.
>>
>>44469561
Yes, and it will always be 0
>>
>>44469561
Pokemon. That entire ecosystem is based around sapient beings killing and eating other sapient beings. It's nightmarish.
>>
File: ostrich masquerading as man.png (2MB, 1024x1360px) Image search: [Google]
ostrich masquerading as man.png
2MB, 1024x1360px
How do you guys handle your companion imports if you have 8 companions and the options in jump are too expensive for 8?

Recently I've abandoned a series of runs due to not being entirely sure what I want in my companions, whether I want canon companions or whether I should design my own with an option (and if so from what jump), whether I should go for people who have some desired quality (power, skill, a good personality, an unusual degree of loyalty, etc.). Most recent one was based around taking people who'd be dead otherwise.

The only common thing between the runs is that I always ran into this issue. As soon as you have more than about three companions it becomes unreasonable to import them all into certain settings and sometimes you have 100 CP left over and the best thing you can buy is a companion import for a single companion. Not knocking the jumps that don't provide an option for a mass-import as I've done it and there's some settings where that sort of thing just doesn't fit probably am going to add one to DC at some point though.

It's difficult to decide who to give it to in these cases. Do you play favourites and have one that you always import or do you give it to whoever can most benefit from a specific setting due to the role they play?
>>
>>44469479
I like Hammerdog. I can see that being a jumper, definitely.
>>
>>44469561
No, I don't see any reason to care.

>When was the first jump that you killed another sentient not out of self defense.
No clue. I'm pragmatic, which means I avoid killing when it's not self defense, but I'm open to doing so if I must.
>>
>>44469603
There are regular animals in pokemon.
>>
>>44469605
That picture Is a Photoshop and it isn't a thing that happens normally Right?! because It's creeping me the hell out.
>>
>>44469605
I picked up a bunch of perks and abilities that let me grant them powers. I do not use imports all that often anymore.
>>
>>44469561
I do. And never.
>>
>>44469561
I generally kept a running tally, but I lost count during WWII, the Platoon jump. I first killed halfway through pokemon, when I got fed up with being hounded by Rocket and decided to get the jump on them. Wounded two thugs and killed another before getting away on my motorcycle.
>>
File: image.png (269KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
269KB, 500x375px
>>44469656
Why would a normal guy freak you out?
>>
>>44469656
Sorry Bancho, but the ostrich is well known for infiltrating settlements for long periods of time.

Watch your back. Watch the sky.
>>
>>44469674
Can you list some?
>>
>>44469724
Why did you post a image of a regular news anchor? There is nothing out of the ordinary about it.
>>
>>44469724
Thats one handsome news anchor but I dont see how it applies to the situation.
>>
>>44469561
Nah, it's bad form. The only exception was Ace Combat and Macross for obvious reasons.
>>
>>44469561
Ridiculously it was in Muppet Treasure Island due to my intense desire for gold.
>>
>>44469600
You good people, but that attitude is gonna seriously piss off some anons.
>>
>>44469740
too much effort, drinking is commencing
>>
>>44469777
That's not ridiculous at all have you SEEN how much gold is on that island?
>>
>>44469778
Nobody cares if anon doesn't kill, what's annoying is when anons attack you for killing and start moralizing like crazy about the imagination game.
>>
>>44464615
I blame you because despite the fact that there are several ways to do and Infinicon, you locked us into the one where Immersion is an actual thing instead of people just getting too into things and insisting they're throwing around fireballs.
>>
>>44469561
I don't see a point, so I refrain from running a tally. Only did so when in war jumps where it was expected of me to do so. Zubats are tasty, and being a vagrant who doesn't beat small children up for lunch money doesn't pay well. Sometimes I had to hunt for food to not starve.
>>
>>44469736
Well fuck... Here have some Of the more specifically Jumper of those comics.
http://ghostfruits.com/post/62081925718
http://ghostfruits.com/post/135284061403
http://ghostfruits.com/post/99354039889
Especially this one
http://ghostfruits.com/post/60288448622
http://ghostfruits.com/post/96570775712
http://ghostfruits.com/post/87736187549
http://ghostfruits.com/post/81433879569
>>44469821
Tell you what, I open up supplements to infocom where you can Swap out immersion and the Consec Thing for another thing that you make that is less explicitly supernatural.
>>
>>44469561
I don't keep a kill count. It's not worth it. I avoid killing whenever possible and if I keep track of where I fail, well, what's one more body in the foundation of dozens? Hundreds?

The first jump I proactively killed in was Shadow Ops. There were some Covens after me and they were tearing everything apart, burning stuff down in an area crowded with Selfers. I could've just saved myself and those around me, but I chose to send them to the Source. I'm pretty sure they died there. The portals cut off the soles of their shoes, and some had blood on them.
>>
>>44469652
Yes. But not many. Most of the carnivorous Pokemon eat other Pokemon.
>>
>>44470013
>But not many.
Based on what information?
>Most of the carnivorous Pokemon eat other Pokemon.
Based on what information?
>>
>>44469561
I lost count, but somewhere in the thousands.
>>
When was the last DFC was on? I wanted to ask him about maybe updating KanColle with a zero point drawback to put the jump in PF's KCQ. That thing is just awesome.
>>
In Soul Eater does your madness wavelength theme have to be something psychological or can you pick something like potatoes or space?
>>
>>44470088
>Quest cancer
Go away.
>>
>>44470036
Off the top of my head, that one time that Aerodactyl nearly took off Ash's head.
>>
>>44470036
Well, we never see any non-Pokemon fauna except for sea life. Therefore it can be assumed that any terrestrial carnivores eat other Pokemon. This is backed up by several Pokedex entries mentioning things like Ekans eating Pidgeys, or Tailow eating Wurmple. And yes, I know, people like to claim that the Pokedex doesn't count because it's data sourced from children and therefore unreliable. But I don't think "this thing eats this other thing" is as ridiculous a claim as "Magcargo is as hot as the sun!". Observations like that are much more likely to be firsthand and not just something they made up to sound cool.
>>
>>44470036
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Animals_in_the_Pok%C3%A9mon_world

and the show and games often show pokemon preying on other pokemon, like pidgeys on caterpie or humans eating tauros steak
>>
>>44470114
Well there's the canon Madness of Boobs.
>>
>>44470116
>He said, in a CYOA thread
>>
File: 1449679004193.jpg (102KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449679004193.jpg
102KB, 500x500px
>>44470036
Aren't there pokedex entires of some mons eating others? I thought that was an established fact?

And the not many is because after the first season of Pokemon normal animals all but disappeared. Even though normal animals are referenced but never seen for some reason.

Law of conservation of detail backfiring I assume.
>>
>>44470146
>Linking an article that proves you wrong with all the animals shown in the games and anime.
>One that proves >>44470133 wrong by mentioning cows, mice, and butterflies.

>>44470165
Nope.
>>
>>44470088
Eh. If it's just a Quest, then I'd say go ahead and frame your jump around it so long as it doesn't make it a power grab. If it's just about narrative, though, I'd say you're safe.

>>44470116
>nerd elitism
You're just precious.
>>
>>44470164
A lot more than your purposefully edgy AU bullshit full of 40k references.
>>
Ninjanon if in Mushoku Tensei I companion Orsted does his mana regen problem go away after jump or stick with him into future jumps?
>>
>>44470170
Fine, here's a link to all the times Pokemon have been confirmed to eat other Pokemon. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_food#Eating_other_Pok.C3.A9mon
>>
>>44470170
Im not even the person you talked to first. I just posted a listing of animals in the pokemon world. The artical also should highlight how FEW animals there are in the pokeworld considering in 20 years that is all that have appeared.
>>
>>44470204
That's nice. Problem is, the two statements to prove are "There aren't many real animals in pokemon." and "Most predator pokemon eat other pokemon." The first has been clearly debunked, and the second is impossible to prove with available information. All a few examples show is that some do eat other pokemon, not that a majority do.

>>44470240
Pokemon doesn't focus on animals for the same reason it doesn't focus on politics. It's not about that shit.
>>
>>44469913
Sounds good. I just want to do Infinicon with a bunch of people running around completely convinced they're ninja instead of running around actually being ninja.
>>
>>44470256
>Pokemon doesn't focus on animals for the same reason it doesn't focus on politics. It's not about that shit.
in 20 years you should have seen them in the background more than a handful of times. The fact that you havent pretty much proves that there arent many around.
>>
>>44470256
>watch these goalposts move!
>>
>>44470287
>The sprite artists should have wasted all the time they could be making areas and pokemon on making dozens of species of animal you'll have no meaningful interaction with.
>Also in 20 years you should've heard about the mayoral elections at least once!
Do you think there is an infinite scope and amount of time to work on a videogame?

>>44470309
They didn't move. It's not my fault you didn't read the whole argument or didn't understand me.
>>
>>44470192
>He said, MGNQ Jump shamefully sulking in the corner just out of sight while Civ Jump fidgets and tries to hide its' +0CP drawback
>>
>>44470309
Isn't it amazing? I didn't know we had a goalpost bender present.
>>
>>44470322
What makes you think I like those?
>>
>>44470319
>Do you think there is an infinite scope and amount of time to work on a videogame?

There have been 20 years. The world is pretty well fleshed out. It is a game, a trading card game, a show, a comic series, even a few books. It is not in any way limited in scope.
>>
>>44470332
See >>44469652 >>44470013

That's where the conversation started. Tell me, again, how the goalposts moved from here?
>>
>>44470356
>It's not in any way limited in scope.
Uh, yes it is. It's about pokemon. Your job is to make people interested in pokemon. Not to flex your amateur taxonomist muscle and waste company time on shit that doesn't matter to the company or the players.
>>
>>44467139
>>44467176
Apparently is also the most common type on 4chan based on my years of experience seeing this kind of questions on other boards.

INTJ here too btw
>>
>>44470374
I'm not sure if you are purposefully being facetious or not but in the case that you aren't then let me explain something about pokemon. It is ALL about amateur taxonomists. Even in passing there should be more than 20 animals who are not pokemon in the world.
>>
>>44470437
Again, that would require them to dedicate time and money on what's actively harmful to their product. Do you think animals got mentioned less in the anime because they stopped existing? No, it's because now you had a pokemon that did something similar you could advertise. Why draw a fox when you can draw a vulpix and hook some kid into buying a plushy? Why draw a falcon when you can draw a pidgeot or any other of the numerous birds? It would be idiotic to waste space on them even if you had infinite time and money to pay for art and work that didn't involve your selling point, because it actively loses a chance to advertise.
>>
>>44470477
>it takes a massive amount of money to draw a bird or other animal in a cartoon.

If that was true then why do they appear at all?
>>
>>44470437
>>44470477
In fact the entire usage of animals now is mostly either for food and in depictions of death, because they don't want to show pokemon killing each other to scare off the kids or darken the setting up too obviously, or in common expressions that will be familiar to the audience because it comes off pitiful when making pokemon substitutions there.
>>
>>44469605
As long as the imports for 8 companions aren't 1000 CP, I don't consider it too expensive. If it costs more than 1000 CP to import 8, then I'll take drawbacks. If it takes more than the max CP allotted to import 8, I'll prioritize based on their relative interest to actually get into the world.
>>
>>44470534
It takes up time that could be spent drawing a pokemon or Ash being a retard.

Because they didn't have pokemon to take those roles yet. I believe I said that.
>>
>>44470568
there are pokemon that fill the roles of every common type of animal even in the original anime but that did not stop them from using common animals. however these animals are so incredably rare that they never appear even in background shots except in extremely rare situations. At this point they make no mention of where meat comes from anymore, but in the beginning beef was explicitly stated to be tauros meat and many pokemon are shown and stated to eat other pokemon. I do not care if you do not believe me but people and pokemon do eat pokemon in canon.
>>
So, I've decided that following MC-KUN/CHAN in the Naruto jump through to the endgame with Kaguya is too risky for my tastes as a way of getting the Six Paths Senjutsu. Instead, I'm planning on becoming the Ten-Tails' jinchuriki. I'm fairly confident in my abilities to acquire the Rinnegan and the Tailed Beasts , but I'm worried about the whole "implode and have your body and soul used as fuel to resurrect Kaguya" thing. Obviously I'll kill Black Zetsu so he can't initiate the process, but I worry about other things being able to trigger it. Are there any perks that would be able to prevent such a thing? I'm not sure what sort of immunity I'd need to be safe from that.
>>
>>44470627
>there are pokemon that fill the roles of every common type of animal
Drawing 40 Magikarp does not make an interesting aquarium scene.

> At this point they make no mention of where meat comes from anymore
Gen 6 restaurants mention directly what their food is. The base on meat dishes is always animal, not pokemon.

This doesn't have to be an argument. All you have to acknowledge that it's impossible to prove how common animals are in the pokemon world. We cannot know. Claiming you know based on unstated information is an assumption and a theory. One you are free to hold, but not one that's a fact.
>>
>>44470692
...you're shitposting right now, right?
GENERATION FUCKING 1 CLEARLY STATES THE MEAT IS FROM TAUROS, NOT COWS, TAUROS
YOU CANNOT FUCKING DENY THAT POKEMON ARE EATEN
Even IF it's somehow changed and there are in fact real, normal animals in other regions, it is CANON that pokemon are eaten at the very LEAST in Kanto
>>
/tg/ has one pokemon thread that gets chased off and now we have pokemon shitposters. Why do I even come here anymore?
>>
>>44470730
You keep saying that, but you never provided evidence. If you're basing it off the line on the SS Anne, it's simply called beefsteak. Gen 6 is a lot more recent too.

Also, this argument has never been about if people or things eat pokemon. Are you stupid? This argument was you claiming animals aren't common in the pokemon world. Why all of a sudden are you ranting at me about eating pokemon?
>>
>>44470769
That thread is still up. What are you whining about?
>>
>>44470769
Because you have nothing better to do with your time?

General FF13 question-how the hell does antimatter do all that time-space bullshit?
>>
>>44470771
I'm not even the same guy you were replying to
>>
>>44470769
I don't see shit posters just anons arguing over silly stuff. Then again that's /JC/ in a nutshell, we argue over silly stuff.
>>
>>44470807
The magic of Toriyama's waifu wank.

>>44470809
Then what's your goal? I don't get it. You jump into someone's discussion halfway through and start ranting about some incidental point that didn't even relate. Why do people do that?
>>
>>44469605
I don't take eight companions. That's way too much bookkeeping for me. I'm
>>
>>44470812
It's times like this I'm glad I don't know or care to know much about Pokemon that beyond "ash wants to be the very best, he has a qt redhead not-gif and a dumb best friend with a thing for Officer Jenny and Mewtwo is basically Cell as raised by Cars"

>>44470828
That's the thing though-according to the jump at least, it's everyone who's using it. Not just ol' thunderhead
>>
>>44470828
You have said people dont eat pokemon and multiple people have said they do. Hell even I came in halfway to point out that you are spouting bullshit.
>>
>>44470629
To avoid it you must be more powerful.
>>
>>44470881
None of that is true anymore anon. Except ash wanting to be the best, too bad he is so stupid it will never happen.
>>
>>44470629
power of dominance from Castlevania And one of the three extra life perks should do you.
>>44470889
pretty sure that's gone the capabilities of most reasonable jumpers
>>
>>44470887
I don't believe I did. I said that in Gen 6 all the meat dishes are from animals not pokemon, and that the anime doesn't show people eating pokemon because it would make things too dark. I believe you just leaped into a conversation midway through, misinterpreted something I said, and ran with it to start an argument you took way too personally and started to insult me.
>>
File: image.jpg (417KB, 800x544px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
417KB, 800x544px
>>44470881
I'm now imagining JoJo Pokemon Edition.
>>
>>44470965
Why do people make these things? WHY DO YOU HAVE THAT THING SAVED?
>>
>>44470881
>dumb best friend with a thing for every attractive girl between the ages of 16 and 30
FTFY

Granted, I'd take Brock over fucking Clemont every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
>>
>>44471057
Tracy is okay too if boring.

What's wrong with Clemont?
>>
File: image.jpg (272KB, 918x871px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272KB, 918x871px
>>44470981
Because it's funny?
>>
Someday I will decide my six pokemon. Someday.

There's just so many I like, it's hard to choose.
>>
>>44471076
I want to punch him in his stupid face.

Also, the exploding gizmo shit gets old REAL quick.
>>
>>44471115
What about the chef guy?
>>
File: Lucy_Pkmn_in_House.png (126KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Lucy_Pkmn_in_House.png
126KB, 320x240px
>>44471057
broks squinty eyes are the very thing that gives him a chance with Pike Queen Lucy. She loves those squinty eyes.
>>
>>44471145
I never watched Black and White.
>>
File: image.jpg (346KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
346KB, 750x1000px
Question, did we ever have anyone pick up Attack On Titan? I know we had a WIP or something floating around.
>>
Oh yeah, and Team Rocket is blasting off again.

There. Now we have truly plumbed the depths of my pokemon knowledge

Speaking of catching horrifying elemental beings in clarktech prisons-how does Necron technology work?

>>44471173
I don't think so? I didn't even know we had a WIP for that. I remember some people said it'd be impossible to make into a jump for reasons. Lack of worldbuilding or timeframe or shounen syndrome, I forgot which
>>
File: 1398996712538.jpg (142KB, 992x525px) Image search: [Google]
1398996712538.jpg
142KB, 992x525px
Hey Jumpers, we've talked about which settings have the best FTL tech but what about shields? Which jumps have the best ship or personal shield technology?
>>
>>44471233
Halo's shield tech is pretty great.
>>
>>44471173
>>
>>44471259
You should at least note that this is a bunch of notes and was not claimed by any means.
>>
File: considerthefollowing.png (256KB, 599x387px) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.png
256KB, 599x387px
I just had a very, very odd thought.

Suppose you landed in Steel Ball Run for JoJo, and then picked Jesus for Bond of the Soul. So you spend 10 years being best friends with Jesus.

What the everloving cockbiscuits does this mean for you in future jumps? Especially ones like Dresden Files, Supernatural and anything WoD-related?
>>
>>44471233
Probably Tenchi. The ship shielding in that is designed to stand up to planet buster weapons, and some of the personal shields can come close.
>>
>>44471419
Turn the other cheek.
>>
>>44471173
I made these >>44471259 notes. You can take it if you want to and work it into a proper jump. I just kinda threw it together during a storm of ideas. But I was working on something else at the time. Just fueled by rage at the fact that anons where claiming it couldn't work as a jump just because it wouldn't offer anything new. Personally I wanted it to be a thing because its setting needs a little more spirit.
>>
>>44471233
Why settle for one? Grab the many and varied shields from Borderlands, that can do a heap of different things. Get a Halo shield and Mass Effect Kinetic Barrier. Buy the shield vial from Bioshock Infinite (don't drink one in jump it'll kill you... I think, that might have been the boosts if you don't have a shield). Get the Shard of Eden from Assassin's Creed, use Magicka magic to make shields to protect from whatever element you're up against or just straight damage. Other magical systems often have shield spells, and some can do charmed or enchanted objects to defend you like Harry Potter Shield Hats (may not do much or work at all), or Elder Scrolls wards or enchanted armor.

The Fate jumps could get you a shield/forcefield NP, and you could pick a shield as your special item in jumps like God of War, Steven Universe, Sly Cooper, and plenty of others.

Don't get the shield from Dune if there's even a chance you could go up against lasers though, unless you like being in the center of an explosion that may be nuclear, or might have just been really big, can't remember.
>>
>>44471512
Well now I want to see the Colossal Titan's response to the FUCKHUGE Dragon showing up behind him right before he kicks the walls in.
>>
>>44469740
I believe the Imaginary Friend jump has 2 perks that let you give a single power to someone once per year
>>
>>44471419
Wouldn't that mean that you'd spend ten years palling around with a corpse? You could try using his corpse to buff your stand, but I don't think he'd be much fun to hang around with on account of the whole "dead" thing.

I also assume it means you would somehow happen upon the remains of Jesus in future jump. He'd still be dead in almost all future jumps, so how useful he is as an ally would probably depend on how much metaphysical clout he has in any one jump.

Or maybe he's just dead enough that he's not eligible for Bond of the Soul. This really seems like one of those things where you need to figure out what's best for your story.
>>
>>44471544
I don't know, a Holtzmann Shield could be useful if you put it over other, safer shields that are able to tank the blast. The explosive reaction occurs in both the shield and the laser emitter, so if you could survive it you'd have a nice reactive defense against anyone shooting lasers at you.
>>
File: Loading reaction.jpg (163KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Loading reaction.jpg
163KB, 1280x720px
>>44471594
>so how useful he is as an ally would probably depend on how much metaphysical clout he has in any one jump.

>the trees from jojolion have stands because Jesus
>MFW

that being said something like this and the corpse parts in general would be barred from that perk i assume. I mean that would be pretty silly to buy jesus
>>
>>44471563
Correction - they let you choose a single power which you can give to someone once a year. It's a fine but important distinction.
>>
>>44471692
You buy Jesus and then he spends the rest of the journey telling you to repent and give your powers up to God because he loves you.
>>
>>44471692
I always wondered what would happen if you got a corpse part while you already have a stand would jesus just you have already exceed the limit and pop out of you whooping like zoidberg?
>>
File: weekend_at_bernies.jpg (114KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
weekend_at_bernies.jpg
114KB, 992x558px
>>44471419
>>44471594

Something like this I expect.
>>
File: JOshuabarJOseph.png (830KB, 511x740px) Image search: [Google]
JOshuabarJOseph.png
830KB, 511x740px
>>44471594
Actually, that's the things-at several points in time Jesus appears as a sort of floaty ghost thing around important characters like Johnny, Valentine and Lucy. He even gives Johnny advice on how to beat his current enemy Stand user.

I...I just don't know.
>>
File: image.jpg (606KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
606KB, 1280x1810px
>>44471915
>>
This Jesus-posting is reminding me of how we discussed the possibility of a Bible jump, where all the various biblical stories are happening. It could be pretty fun.
>>
>>44472118
All the stories happening as in, "stuck there from Genesis to Revelation"?
>>
>>44471858
>weekend at bernies
I need to watch that movie again. It's been too long.
>>
>>44471915
jesus is a pretty good plot device if you ask me
how could I DIO lose to YOU!
well jesus told me how beat your stand with this sweet power up.
>>
>>44472118
Yeah, it really would be. Especially if we did supplements/alt versions for Islam, Jewish mysticism (since otherwise it'd be too similar), and maybe some Gnoticism.

Or they could all be rolled into one I suppose. Choose your setting.
>>
>>44472151
Maybe as a drawback where you're there for a long time, but it might work better if it's more like the Sitcom jump or the Horror movie jump. That is, there's weird temporal/spacial fuckery that's making them all essentially occur at the same time and you enter a story by more or less traveling to where it takes place.

Justify it by saying that God did it.
>>
>>44472028
Don't fuck with JOshua son of JOseph.
>>
>>44472235
It should really be Yeshua son of Yosef, though. That's how the man himself would likely have pronounced his name. But I'm willing to compromise on historical accuracy to make Jesus a JoJo.
>>
For Bloodborne jump, can you still fight or resist Moon Presence's sucky or whatever it is thing it does, even if you don't eat the umbilical cords?

Can you save the people that are meant to go crazy or die due to that drawback that makes you care about them by either keeping them in stasis till you get rid of beastly scourge by killing Mergo and its Wet Nurse, or even Nightmare Presence and then releasing them?

Can you arguably with enough perks from other jumps and knowledge HEAL them of the beasthood in them?
>>
>>44472205
>Generic Religion Jump
It might work. My only concern is that there'd be so much to pull from that you'd end up leaving out a lot of potentially great stuff in order to end up with a finished product that's of reasonable length.

DLC is an interesting idea, especially if it's opened up to being done by multiple authors. There'd probably be some trouble, but it has the potential to be amazing if handled properly.
>>
How about a Jihad jump, or better, do we have any jump set in the crusades?
>>
So speaking of Bloodborne, do you accept the theory that all the events you see is kinda a shared dream by everyone in Yharnam or such through the blood given by blood ministration, but said blood affects the mind and such of people in real world too, as well as said shared dream just being alternate plane of existence? Or do you just have it be "All that stuff fuckin happens in Bloodborne's real world, you just don't wake up in Hunter's Dream if you let Gehrman or someone be freed from Dream."
>>
>>44472442
>Generic Religon.
1, we have jumps for Greek and Norse myth. We don't need a Generic.
2, calling Abrahmic generic implies it's the default, standard religion. I shouldn't have to tell you how stupid that is.
>>
>>44472524
Assassin's Creed
>>
>>44472524
Total War, in the original medieval era.
>>
>>44471805
I'd assume nothing happens. Nobody did it in canon that I can recall. The Corpse Parts awakened Stand but were not always necessary for their continued existence. The other alternative is slight powerups, probably related to the precise part (Like Scan). The full Corpse probably isn't a good idea to utilize when assembled considering what happened to Lucy.
>>
>>44472354
Giogio flies as Jojo, so close enough counts.
>>
In fate if i take reality marble can i project temporary noble phantasms like shirou?
>>
>>44472936
Hey, it worked fine for Johnny. He just didn't understand what the Corpse's power actually was, so it backfired on him. It only moves destinies around, not actually changes them. Presumably if he had understood that he could have offloaded the "going to die soon" destiny to someone he didn't like instead of taking it on himself.
>>
Talking about stands, i'm not very familiar with them as i've only read up to the Joseph ark and watched the anime. Do they all have to look bad in a bombastic JoJo Style or i can make them pretty much as i like?
>>
>>44473279
You can have more normal looking Stands. I don't know why you'd want one, but they exist.
>>
>>44473148
So does Josuke, because the Kanji can be read as Jo Jo.
>>
>>44472936
I was thinking the same thing about slight power up like an effect related to your stand
>>
>>44473279
Only if they hold the remnants of the original Ten Commandments.
>>
>>44472118
>Nice gig as a court wizard to some Egyptian king or another.
>Some dude with a staff walks in.
>Hear someone mention him by name, Moses.
>Oh cracker jack
>Something something contest of abilities
>Not sure if I should bail out or actually compete

>I decide to compete since the guy is currently paying me after all
>Moses turns his staff into a snake
>I hum to myself and create a snake from thin air
>It escalates from there

That would be amazing mate. I mean, not often where I get to compete with someone powerful in a friendly contest.
>>
>>44473214
No, he knew perfectly well what it was, it was simply that the Corpse was refusing to cooperate so he used himself as the sacrifice in order to save his family. I'd guess it was also partially a matter of the Corpse lacking a host and therefore not going full Love Train. Also we might not be getting the full story. But the precise nature of what all the Corpse can do is hazy, so it mostly falls to fanwank.
>>44473279
As a general thing most Stands look obviously nonhuman, but other than that the appearance of the manifestation is extremely variable. There's one that looks like a fairly normal airplane for example.
>>
Does pun pacification from Quest for Glory also give you skill at thinking up puns on the fly?
>>
>>44472118
>raise Socrates from the dead and have him verbally take out the trash with Jesus
I need it
>>
>>44473543
now, can you split the red sea?
>>
>Stands
Is there even any advantage in having a tulpa-like manifestation of your powers instead of having them formless and more flexible?
>>
>>44473989
More powers.
>>
>>44473989
It can punch people.
>>
>>44474018
fair enough
>>
>>44473955
>Alright, I'm stopping now, because while I may be able to drain the red sea I think that would be a bit much.
>>
>>44473955
I could probably lift it into the air intact.
Beat that.
>>
>>44474008
mmh, i think i could with technology but that would require some infrastructure and time. Which jump could give you enough magic power to create a lasting passage through a sea big enough to let an entire population (at the time would have been what, a thousand people or so) pass?
>>
>>44474043
It's true, that is probably a feat too expensive for pharaoh dude to pay you for.
>>
>>44474156
One Piece
not even joking, Barrier Barrier fruit can EASILY make walls large enough to let people go through
Honestly you probably wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between what Moses did and what the Jumper did.
>>
>>44473989
Generally having a punch ghost is useful because it gets you an extra set of hands, some of them share senses, and they're invisible to normal humans, allowing some fun tricks with that. Also Punch Ghosts can go partially intangible to dodge mundane attacks. Comparatively an ability Stand's main draw is that it removes the weak point of the punch ghost by buffing the user directly and usually have abilities that synergize well with your existing skills (that's a case of it being more common, not a hard and fast rule though). Finally there are bound Stands, which manifest through a physical medium, their main advantages are flexibility, range, and frequently lacking the sympathetic damage of Punch Ghosts, although they're visible to everyone.

That's more generalization than hard and fast rule though. Also the delineation on who can and can't see a Stand is varied depending on whether it's pre or post reset, with SBR having them visible to anyone with Stand potential, while before that you needed a Stand of your own. I generally run it as sufficient potential or tutelage in an appropriate mystic art.
>>
>>44472632
>>44472419

So any help with those?
>>
>>44474378
Probably will have ti wait for nu
>>
>>44473955
Depends would freezing the entire sea, then splintering it into two massive glaciers which creates a passage way between the two count? If so, then yeah.
>>
>>44469561
Nope, I'd loose track real quick.

For the second question...on the third day of the first jump.
>>
>>44474288
Does the not seeing them thing happen with stands that are items? Might get a bit odd attacking with nothingness.
>>
>>44475342
No, if it's bound to an object it's visible all the time. Usually. Again, Stand rules exist to be broken.
>>
>>44475342
It mostly depends on if the Stand manifests through a physical object or happens to be shaped like an inanimate object. For example you've got Emperor, which is a Stand in the shape of a gun and therefore is only visible to Stand Users. On the other hand there's ones like Anubis or Super Fly, which are bound to particular physical objects everyone can see. Although as >>44475405 points out this, like every other rule of Stands, is more of a guideline. Generally a majority of the rules will be followed on a particular Stand but there's almost always a Stand that ignores any particular rule.
>>
>>44469561
I don't keep a tally but I've killed my fair share of people, mostly because drawbacks. Generally i don't kill meaninglessy but if killimg someone benefits me significantly i will not think twice. The biggest kill count was probably in clone wars when i helped palpatine killing all the jedi. Probably I've killed more people with drawback i took than directly though, like for example in jurassic park when i unleashed extra ferocious dinosaurs all over the world
>>
File: Balalaika.jpg (54KB, 576x816px) Image search: [Google]
Balalaika.jpg
54KB, 576x816px
>>44468419
>I wonder if I should laugh at you or feel sorry for you.

Both really. Sometimes they laugh it off, other times I have to run for my life. For some reason none of them have ever blamed Akitsu for what she says- somehow it's always my fault.

Lina and Luna? They laughed it off, but Naga? She decided I had corrupted "a pure, innocent soul" and proceeded to chase me for a month. Day and night. Her laugh is the soundtrack of my deepest nightmares.

Ms. Fortune thought it was hilarious, but acted all affronted so I'd buy her food all the time. Eventually Minette felt bad for me and clued me in.

Parasoul got all flustered and stammered out a polite "no". She couldn't look me in the eyes for weeks. Meanwhile, every single member of the Black Egrets came to personally threaten me. Adam showed up in a mecha-tank riding on top of a larger, angrier tank.

Glynda showed me the face of Maximum Displeasure, then tossed me off the top of Ozpin's tower.

Eda seriously contemplated it, as did Shenhua, and I wasn't quite sure what to think. Then they found out Akitsu had given the same pitch to both of them, and so the Yellowflag bar burned down. Again.

Balalaika took offense, so she decided to test ME to see if I was worthy of carting her around the multiverse. What followed was 6 months of hectic, frantic terror. She put a sizable bounty on my head exclusively for out of towners. She paid my buddies in town to mess with me, with bonuses for embarrassing photos and/or photographic proof that their interference got me injured in some way. The Church, Hotel Moscow, and the Triads all made bank off the weapon sales, repair contracts, and upped "insurance" fees. As time went on the bounty grew and the various local mercs made a pastime of screwing with my getaways and shootouts. Eventually Balalaika came to respect my tenacity and outright refusal to die, but not before my final fight with the mercs, which was a 12 hour running battle that leveled 1/3 of Roanpur.
>>
File: SCIENCE.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SCIENCE.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>44469605
I take a full roster of about 11 companions with me thanks to a few pods, but I rarely feel the need to import them because I'm a SCIENCE! jumper. I can upgrade their abilities and grant them new ones so that they can always keep up.
>>
Mechanical dream jump when?
>>
>>44475896
Remind me, what is the guy in your pic from?
>>
File: Drunk Science.png (233KB, 684x916px) Image search: [Google]
Drunk Science.png
233KB, 684x916px
>>44476473
I actually don't know for sure. It's just a pic that seems to scream SCIENCE!-brand science to me.
>>
>>44471544
Dune shields don't go boom, post-jump, because out of universe it's a silly thing. They'll fizzle if hit with a laser but that's it.
>>
>>44476473
>>44476834
It's actually this guy:

http://teentitans.wikia.com/wiki/Bob
>>
>>44476981
I see. So he? it? is some sort of faux tofu alien slime cube thingy that can take on the shape of a human.

Learn something new every day.

Incidentally, this has sent me on a hunt for science/SCIENCE/mad science related images. Can never have enough of those.
>>
What is the actual range of the Godsbane lances you can get for your LoT? I'm trying to look it up but just finding the same description again and again.
>>
File: Antispiralelectronica.jpg (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralelectronica.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
So-this is sort of a joint question for Clover and Elonanon. During our stay in Fallen London we helped out several key movers and shakers, including our partner. It occurs during our adventures, we may have fulfilled the criteria for forging Changeling Contracts with some individuals. To that end, here's a crack at what such contracts might look like.

To Elonanon: The most fundamental question here is-the seasonal Courts in Changeling have three contracts for each season. Since the Judgments are easily as pervasive as the seasons in Fallen London's world, would it be permissible to have three contracts representing different aspects of them as detailed here? If not, which of the two contracts I've hashed out d'you think I should keep? Other than that some advice on whether these contracts should be modified in any way would be appreciated; I'll be out for lunch after this post and quite busy this afternoon, so no rush.

To Clover: As you can see, I'm writing on the assumption that given what they gifted my Jumper with, a contract with the Judgments achieved on my end would yield clauses themed around the Correspondence rather than just handing out all the other powers. However, I've only just started playing Fallen London and I'm not all familiar with Primordial Screams except that they're apparently a resource, could you suggest what some abilities themed around them might be like? I'm kind of stumped on that contract. Moreover, what kind of things might the Bazaar and the Western Devils offer someone who has made such a contract with them?

http://pastebin.com/4DgqaP3A
>>
>>44469605
It depends. If the run that I have has a couple of companions, than I almost always import. If I have a lot of companions, then I only really import if just going to the setting is a big power boost by its self, or if the mass import is cheap. Harry Potter is one of the weird side cases, where it cost 1000 cp to import and give each companion a drop in identity, but the power boost that just visiting the jump gives makes that worth it.
>>
>>44477750
40k plays fast and loose with the "hard" numbers and stats of the capitol ship weaponry. Plus, when you add in the fact that everyone's Light of Terra is going to be a different size, and thus have differently sized armaments, the whole thing gets even more muddled.

Best guess? Godsbane lances seem like they have quadruple the range of standard lance batteries. Possibly even more, since this is pre-fall tech we're talking about.
>>
>>44477969
I find myself morbidly curious whether anyone else would assume that the weapon range on the Light of Terra would likely be extended when size upgrades are applied to the ship itself.
>>
>>44477996
Maybe? It would depend on the weapon. A missile based weapon would probably shoot further, it just depends on whether the size increase is put into how many missiles are shot, or if it is put into how large of missiles are shot. It gets more difficult for other things. Like, a laser based weapon could have more lenses focusing the beam more, or just a lot of identical lasers tightly grouped to make the spread larger, while tech that we don't have an analogue for would just be foolish to make a ruling on.

in the end, fanwank. It either shoots longer, more, wider, or any combination of that makes sense.
>>
File: AWAKEN MY MASTERS.gif (257KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
AWAKEN MY MASTERS.gif
257KB, 250x140px
So are there any ways to transmute someone into an inorganic material without killing them? I want to do things like preserving people with terminal illnesses until they can be cured by turning them into statues.

Gif probably unrelated.
>>
>>44478088
Flesh to Stone spell, D&D.
>>
File: confused nyarly.gif (263KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
confused nyarly.gif
263KB, 848x480px
>>44478134
...is that it? That's all it takes?

Wow, that was a lot easier than I was expecting it to be.
>>
>>44478153
Yep. Just make sure you pick Stone to Flesh up to turn them back, and don't break the statues, that kills them.
>>
File: _lsh29uKhB81qkki6ro1_.png (85KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
_lsh29uKhB81qkki6ro1_.png
85KB, 500x281px
>>44477996
I think any range increase wouldn't be proportional. I mean, it's possible there'd be a bump at some certain level of bigness? There's also a possibility that there'd be a drop, due to everything being more inefficient. If you're pulling shit like that, then you also have to take into account the problems inherent with bigness, like mass and resources. After a certain point, just making the reactor (or whatever 40K ships run on) "bigger" wouldn't really cut it anymore. You'd also require more and more power to kick that thing around. These are annoying questions that most jumpers ignore because it's easier to assume that everything works roughly on par with its smaller scale, but if you really want to go down that road...
I think it would be easier to just say you're going to use the extra space to trick out your ship with more efficient/better integrated systems, than assume freebies based on size. 40K tech is kindof balls, anyway.

>>44478088
Depends on your definition of "dead". I mean, technically if you turn someone into stone, they are no longer alive in any sense of the word.
But, yeah, you can just use Flesh to Stone from D&D. It has a specific counterspell, even, Stone to Flesh, to reverse the effects. Just make sure the statue doesn't get damaged in the meantime.

If you want something more technological, cryotech from Futurama (or even Fallout, assuming you get the life support right) is able to keep people perfectly preserved for centuries.
>>
>>44478153
>>44478210
And also be careful, there is a chance they won't survive the reversal.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/stoneToFlesh.htm
>The creature must make a DC 15 Fortitude save to survive the process.
>>
File: Izumi.Konata.full.631123.jpg (269KB, 559x770px) Image search: [Google]
Izumi.Konata.full.631123.jpg
269KB, 559x770px
>>44465866
Hey, I'm finally done with this, long after everyone else!

Quest For Glory
> Background: Magic User
> Armored Hero [-100CP]
> Magic Spark [Get a Freebie!]
> Magic Training (x2) [-200CP]
> Clever (x2) [-200CP]
> Potent Potioneering [-200CP]
> Spell Sense [-300CP]
> Agile (x2) [-400CP]
> Storybook Life [-100CP]
> Who Needs A Dentist? [-100CP]
> Basic Gear [Get a Freebie!]
> Heroing Outfit [Get a Freebie!]
> Money (x1) [Get a Freebie!]
> Shield [Get a Freebie!]
> Leather Armor [Get a Freebie!]
> Long Dagger [Get a Freebie!]
> Heroic Plotline [+200CP]
> Heroic Timeline [+100CP]
> Monster Mash [+100CP]
> It's Been A Harsh Winter [+100CP]
> The Eye of the Ogress [+100CP]
> Spells: Detect Magic, Fetch, Open

A Month, huh...? Try a week and a half.
I absolutely hit the ground running. And I'm a pretty fast runner. Between Spell Sense and Detect Magic, I should be able to figure out if anyone's under an enchantment or not. After that, it's basically up to spamming D&D Dispel Magic spells. Which I absolutely have, by the way. Probably some innocent enchantments get caught up in the crossfire, since I'm gonna be a little trigger happy in my gusto to "solve the prophecy".
What's funny is I could even do this in my first fifty jumps. Not sure what that means as far as jump positioning goes, to be honest.
And then me and Baba will have a magic duel. The fireworks will be fairly spectacular. On both ends, I'm sure.

I was actually torn between Mage or Thief, but smarts won out.
>>
>>44477750
>>44477969
>>44477996
>>44478075
>>44478222

Here's a handy dandy size comparison chart for those who import a max sized Light of Terra into Supreme Commander and/or Five Star Stories.

Since the size of an ACU corresponds to how fast it can build things, you're looking at the ability to pump out a fleet of fully equipped Star Destroyer sized battleships within minutes.
>>
>>44478489
The Light of Terra, Emperor-Ego-Sized.

For when you absolutely, positively, want to get across the message "fuck you, and fuck your marker".
>>
File: DIMENSION OF STEAM.webm (808KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DIMENSION OF STEAM.webm
808KB, 1280x720px
Have you embraced the age of steam yet?
>>
>>44478489
Is that the max size LoT with just an ACU upgrade or it ACU LoT combined with something else?
>>
>>44478607
I think the Largest is ACU+Mortar head, while the 2nd is just ACU.
>>
>>44478134
>>44478153
>>44478222
>>44478288
You know what's even better? Flesh to Stone is perfect for dealing with regenerators of all kinds. Slap Kerrigan or Hidan with the spell and watch them get insta-ganked.

Come to think of it, this would be the perfect spell to use on the Slaughterhouse 9 as a whole. It would stop Crawlers regen, and it would nullify all the nasty viruses Bonesaw implanted into them as deadman switches.
>>
File: 1451315608641.jpg (163KB, 393x378px) Image search: [Google]
1451315608641.jpg
163KB, 393x378px
>>44478489
>you're fighting a tau ship
>"Alright, fire the main gun."
>somewhere in the 3 billion miles of ship, rats have chewed through the comms cable connecting the bridge to the guns
>you don't know this, but you still wait 3 days for their confirmation message to arrive
>it doesn't
>you'll have to send a runner
>the poor man starts tearing up as he steps on to the lift, knowing that he's not going to survive the trip
>there are more tau ships showing up
>...
>three generations later, the runner's grandchild delivers the message to the tribe manning the guns
>there's probably a majority of the tau fleet outside now, their biggest ships are mere pinpricks compared to the mega-LoT
>300 years after the command was issued, the main gun finally fires
>the tau fleet, the front half of the ship, and most of the solar system are gone
>mission accomplished
>>
>>44478088
Harry Potter magic.
You can turn someone into a figurine. Or a rock. Or a duck. Or anything else you want.
Most likely.
>>
>>44478668
Transmutation is the best school.
>>
>>44477969
Do you know the range of a standard Lance Battery?
>>
>>44478681
I hate to ruin the joke (which is good, it made me chuckle), but I feel I must point out that, after converting the Light of Terra to an ACU, all of its systems become automated to the point that it only needs one person to operate it.
>>
>>44478668
that... that actually makes that setting a lot less worrying. Scion+endbringers are really the only thing left well all the S class threats, but still, but copious amounts of balefire should work as a plan D or something.
>>
>>44478668
Make sure to shatter Crawler immediately so you don't run the risk of his shard going "What just happened? Guess I'll keep empowering this thing." Don't know if it'd do that, but his shard's pulled him through a lot of other crazy things so I wouldn't put it past it.
>>
>>44478210
>Stone to flesh
oh fuck
>Go to SCP
>Become a D-class and work with 137
>Stone to Flesh
>It can now move while people are watching
>it spares you because you let it have this power
>>
>>44478758
assuming we're going with the size depicted in >>44478681

you're still going to be at the point where the speed of light is a limiting factor in response time for the ship's systems
>>
>>44478758
At that size, wouldn't lightspeed lag start being an issue?
>>
>>44478810
> 137
> sparing anything
HAHA funny joke.
>>
>>44478826
alternatively, if you can throw out Stone to Flesh like that, Stop time before you cast it and GTFO before the effects completely wear off
>>
>>44478809

Isn't turning him to stone how they killed him in canon? Admittedly I think was silicon, but still. Also the whole Slaughterhouse 9000 or whatever it is, but I had gotten bored by that arc, and kind of skipped it.
>>
>>44478810
What's that one Mary Sue alien that's unkillable even though he looks like a fucking sock doll?

Would FtS work on him long enough to smash it to pieces?
>>
>>44478881
is he made of flesh?
>>
>>44478824
>>44478812

You should be right, but I should remind you just how many jumps have FTL communication.
>>
>>44478809
Why not instead keep at it with Crawler and expose him to just a bit of almost everything in your arsenal, then shove him inside a bullet made of adamantium, that will be fired using nuclear weapons, at I guess someone you don't like?
>>
>>44478881
Probably not. I'm fairly certain there are parts of it that don't constitute as flesh. Although it's entirely possible you might be able to transmit a fair amount of it. Which wouldn't be enough to kill it. And then it would just be immune to the next go around.
>>
>>44478824
>>44478812
ACUs (and the tech of SupCom in general) use quantum based communication. It is the same tech they use to talk to people instantly across the galaxy.

Essentially, the ACU is probably using Quantum Entanglement grade communication.

And even if it didn't, light travels at 299,792kilometers per second. The Mega-ACU-MortarHead-LightofTerra-howmanynamescanwejaminhere ship is only 200km. If the US can have okay communication with china and japan, I'm sure LoT is fine.
>>
>>44478881
SCP-682.

And yes, but then the SCP moderators would whinge and find some way to make 682 immune to it.
>>
>>44478896
Maybe?

Google says it's 682. and that it's a reptile.

I don't know where I got sock puppet from.
>>
>>44477875
The Harry Potter one is way cheaper now.
>>
>>44477872
Well, it's ambitious and thematic (though I'm not sure about accurate to their motives) and the Correspondence is certainly versatile.

For screams, maybe something like calling lightning and storms (though you already have that), making people babble and overflow with echoes or a scream that can be heard perfectly within a certain distance.

Not sure what the Devils might do, being bees and papermache and all. Burning hot skin, soul identification and extraction, soul modification and marking.

The Bazaar, movement perks (specially if its in the void), transformation of others into your servants, eating things to tattoo the information upon yourself, giving birth to impossibly vitalic monsters.

Contract of the Drowned Man
Pact Price: The name that was sought
Rank 1 Clause: Turn Back
Rank 2 Clause: An Unaccountable Hunger
Rank 3 Clause: Dreams of North
Rank 4 Clause: Eater of Names
Rank 5 Clause: A reckoning.
>>
>>44478927
oh, OH THAT FUCKER
yeah no, he'd animate himself somehow
I'd find a way to take him as a companion, surely he must be bored of this world and that's why he wants to murder everything
>>
File: Ragna Blade.jpg (162KB, 1024x633px) Image search: [Google]
Ragna Blade.jpg
162KB, 1024x633px
>>44478764
That's what Dragon Slave/Ragna Blade or some other derivative are for.

I'm nearly 100% sure it'll kill Scion's avatar and any Endbringer, assuming you can get that close. The downside is that the second you cast it Scion and the current Endbringers are going to beeline for you.

After all, you are wielding a shard of the Lord of Nightmares made manifest, or calling upon a spark of her power to obliterate everything in a huge area.

Also, they are one of, if not the most, dangerous spells to cast. One miss-cast could end that universe entirely.
>>
>>44478934
it is a lot cheaper, but you still have to pay 100cp per companion to be able to choose their background, and I don't want them merged with someone else anymore than I want myself merged with someone else.
>>
>>44479040
>Someone else
Why insist on interpreting it that way?
>>
>>44478924
We aren't on the SCP forums though. Here logic or what passes for it and feats reign supreme, not blatant author fiat. If it makes sense that something would get rid of him forever, it'll get rid of him forever.
>>
>>44479074
>Why insist on interpreting it that way?
it just seems like that is what is happening. It isn't overwriting, as parts of both of you still exist, but it isn't leaving you unaffected either.

That is, of course, assuming that the non drop in origin thing carries on from the Pokemon jump. If not, then it really isn't any more than picking up any perk that gives you talent and shit.
>>
>>44479011
Ragna Blade is safe that way, GigaSlave is the problem, LoN might just decide that Worm, as a setting does not deserve to exist.
>>
>>44478924
he's survived being atomically deconstructed though, right?
>>
>>44479112
Why not assume reincarnation?
>>
>>44479121
Though given that Worm exists in the same multiverse as Pact? She might ignore Worm entirely to go suplex greater demons.

And then everybody loses.
>>
>>44479121
She's not wrong.
>>
>>44479149
Yep. That, and an effect that turned him into a cat. And another effect that actually hijacked his mind.
>>
>>44479154
To be honest, that is kind of what I fanwanked at first. Essentially my soul sans memories was plopped into whatever new body I was getting, living life as I would until the memories caught up, but it just felt... kind of wrong. I don't know.
>>
>>44475755
>Balalaika's Story
Good god man I can see why people fear her.
Most of the others were hilarious.
>>
>>44478875
Glass, I believe. Which would mean if you hit him with it just before Shatterbird screamed you could get a funny teamkill to happen.
>>
>>44478489
>ACU + Morter Head
>216km
>>
File: PUNCH THOSE VEGETABLES.png (1MB, 1280x1151px) Image search: [Google]
PUNCH THOSE VEGETABLES.png
1MB, 1280x1151px
>>44461647
My jumper is ENFP. Seriously? Am I the only Extrovert here?
>>
>>44479201
>Essentially my soul sans memories was plopped into whatever new body I was getting, living life as I would until the memories caught up
>Go to Eva, take Angel/Hybrid
>Go to that jump with the 9 soul cat perk, take it
>Get a Stand, Aura and maybe an RM
>>
>>44479242
You know, given that the ACU and FSS options are both multiplicative size increases, you could probably make it much, much larger by taking a few size increasing options earlier. Like adding a Living Tree, or making it a companion and getting it size boosting perks...
>>
>>44479448
If you're trying to go full retard, just go to Spacebattles. Someone already outdid us all with their wanking.
>>
>>44479373
Seems so.
>>
>>44470257
Sure just remember that you also have to do replacements for the drawbacks.
>>
>>44479497
Honestly don't get your reactions sometimes. Sometimes you just act like a dick out of nowhere.
>>
>>44478584
Clockwork is more my style, but there is some crossover.
>>
>>44479536
It's not intentional. And I meant full retard in the Tropic Thunder sense, not in the 'you are a retard' sense, so please don't take it that way.
>>
>>44479497
Nooo, if I was going full retard I'd make it into an attack routine where I grab it and smash it into the planet.
>>
>>44479581
You forgot the part that involves the golden shovel, and that's merely a cheap exploit to grow an additional Light of Terra!

Of course it would take millennia for it to grow, but that's beside the point...
>>
>>44479615
no, see, that is why you grow it in SCP2400. it will only take 100 years instead of 14000!
>>
>>44479615
>millennia
oh, so all it takes is time, that thing Jumpers have in fucking spades?
>>
>>44479637
Hell, if a jumper bought 2 SCP-2400's, and then used Golden Shovel to grow more, then they would be able to grow new LoT in seconds. The issue would be getting a LoT into SCP-2400, but those are small issues. Or something.
>>
>>44479615
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure the grown copy wouldn't follow you, so you'd have to use a looooot of shrinking tech, and at that point you may as well just steal Mars.
>>
>>44479663
>steal Mars

Fuck, I'm going to have to find a way to pod Carmen Sandiego someday, now.
>>
>>44479681
I wonder how long til she steals you ability to Jump.
>>
>>44479695
It's not like she's that hard to find, just ask around for a woman in Red and keep up on your historical trivia and current maps.
>>
File: 11274-1400615407-29.gif (915KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
11274-1400615407-29.gif
915KB, 400x296px
>>44479695
> Carmen Sandiego steals your jumping powers.
> She still leaves clues for you to find her.
> Unfortunately you no longer have all your ridiculous smarts perks.
> The jump takes place in a time before the internet.
Welp.
>>
File: Cooking with Magick!.png (1MB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cooking with Magick!.png
1MB, 1600x1000px
>>44461647
Let's see. My Jumper, not me that is, would be, according to a personality test I just did role playing as my Jumper...

A rather extreme case of an ENFP-A. Note, he became this.

Pic Related.
>>
>>44479741
>Having to use the internet to help you.
I thought I was the only one because I was too stupid to figure that out.
>>
>>44479823
Back in the old days, people had to use encyclopedias. Really, I have memories of me and my dad playing Carmen Sandiego on floppies and him flipping through our Britannicas to figure things out.
>>
>Go to Genius: the Transgression, find a size 1 matchbox
>Size 1 matchboxes can hold one size point of material
>Start making size 0 capacitors in huge numbers, which cost no bound Mania but can still function
>They also take up no size points of space
>Fill them all up with the help of a friend
>Stuff hundreds of them in the matchbox, which can always hold more because they're only size 0
>ALWAYS have Mania when you need it, because the Matchbox of Holding lives in your Prostasia armored pocket

Might not work in real life, but it does work within the mechanics of the game. Who doesn't want to bottle up Mania like strawberry jam, taking it out whenever you need it for kitbashing? As a particular Artificer discovered, it also works with missiles stored in a vehicle if you finagle it enough.
>>
>>44461647

https://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html

Bit late, but here's the most relevant form of MBTI for Jumpers.
>>
File: 1370980442274.jpg (94KB, 350x729px) Image search: [Google]
1370980442274.jpg
94KB, 350x729px
>>44480534
>Outside contractor.
>ideal tools.
Fuck this guy and the horse he rode in on.
>>
>>44480534
>The Scientologist

Bullshit. My Jumper is as far from a Scientologist as anybody.
>>
>>44465866
Yes, I do always go Drop-In and I know it doesn't make sense numerically, I'm just much more attached to being me than I am to saving a few points.

Speaking of things not making numerical sense, my build doesn't - I missed that buying Spell Sense requires buying Magic Spark; since the update hasn't affected my purchases, I'll give up Who Needs A Dentist rather than take a drawback.

Thankyou for the jump, I really like the effort and love you've put into it.

P.S. soapbox perk cost rant, feel free to ignore: I hate "prerequisite perks", as the cost is compounded even further by the 75% chance of a jumper being the "wrong" background. For example, in this case, for the Magic User background the cost of Spell Sense is 300cp while for all other backgrounds it is effectively 700cp, leaving only 300cp to spend on anything else unless you start taking drawbacks (a.k.a. adding insult to injury). But that's just me and I'm undoubtedly biased.
>>
>>44480631
>a drawback
same anon here, that should be "another drawback"
>>
>>44465866
Is the game's hero Devon still wandering around if you _don't_ take the Heroic Timeline drawback?

Oh, and if you go Drop-In, is he looking at that sign up ahead at the same time you are, having just avoided the avalanche closing the pass?
>>
>>44480534
>The cult leader

I, uh... What?
>>
File: 1449677069918-0.png (118KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1449677069918-0.png
118KB, 300x250px
>>44480534
>INFP
>it's actually pretty accurate about the biggest weakness of INFP's
Fug I'm guilty of this stuff too.

>INFJ
top fucking kek

This is pretty funny anon. Book marked for future reading.
>>
>>44480534
>Evil Overlord
>The Outside Contractor
I demand a recount!
>>
File: 1451518123845.jpg (744KB, 1003x1599px) Image search: [Google]
1451518123845.jpg
744KB, 1003x1599px
>>44478881
Six-Eight-Two is, if I may chip in, actually Using the power of pure bullshittery[Spoiler] controllable.

Go to a jump where you can become a rider of the apocalypse, specifically, Death. The only one I can think of at the time is Darksiders, but I'm sure there are more direct acquisitions,or you can find some other jury rigged way to kill death and take his place,
I suggest Liberal application of duct tape

682 is, from some bit squirreled away on that labyrinthe of a site, the Pale horse, the mount of the Apocalypse.

Get in universe, request to work with 682, pass the subsequent mental exam because why the fuck do you want to work with the death lizard?
And then ride the lizard.

Enjoy your ridiculously OP omnicidal mount.

Please don't inflict it on anyone who doesn't deserve it.
>>
>>44480984
Why would it give a fuck about you being the rider from some other multiverse?
>>
>>44480534
>the most relevant form of MBTI for Jumpers.

>The Idealist
>Jumper murders people over petty grievances, raises their corpses and uses them as an army
Uh. Well. Guess they didn't see that one coming when they decided to laugh at the silly idealist?
>>
File: 1436749591272.png (9KB, 572x434px) Image search: [Google]
1436749591272.png
9KB, 572x434px
>>44481004
Enforce your power I suppose?
Use your ludicrous endgame amounts of killy power to eat the current rider in SCP and take her place?
Flagrant abuse of divine right to rule?

Probably not care normally, but you or I could find a way to jimmy some excuse out.

I give the short hand, but the actual process for getting something so totally OP as 682 would probably be a page or more.
>>
>>44480534
>The Egghead
>That fucking 'Kick Me' joke
I'LL FIND WHERE YOU LIVE, AND I'LL MURDER EVERYTHING YOU LOVE!
>>
>>44479161
>Pact jump gets made
>Use a modified Gigaslave to summon LoN
>Use charisma to convince her to become your familiar
You know, for when you decide you're tired of living and just want to destroy everything.
>>
>>44479161
The answer to that was a shrug and something along the lines of "if you really want it to be". Considering that there were precisely 0 (give or take a few S class threats if you squint at them hard) signs of Pact's cosmology on Earth Bet it's pretty clear that it's not connected by default.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
I need a name for a tree. I have Yggdrasil for my tree-ship, however my adopted-daughter companion also has a 1st Gen tree-ship.

I bought one, then I also had the seedling which grew up. Problem is idk a name for the second one.
>>
>>44481641
Look up the world tree in Slavic mythology.

Also teach the tree how to squat.
>>
>>44481641
Dennis.
>>
>>44480631
If we're complaining about prerequisites, I think the fact that you have to have out-of-tree perks to get the companions best suited to shoring up your weaknesses is more objectionable than needing to be able to use magic to figure out how to solve any magical problem with magic.
>>
>>44481736
maybe the cyoa isn't designed to let you cheaply get everything, garsp
>>
>>44481641
Phyllis
>>
>>44481641
Have you considered Woody or Mr. Thick Trunk?
>>
>>44481745
You're obviously confused. I don't think anyone is talking about getting everything from the Jump, or even a significant number of things from the Jump. Just that it's kind of silly that getting the Mage and Fighter companion require you to already be a Mage or Fighter rather than letting you make a balanced party.
>>
>>44481641
Priapus
>>
any perks that lol nope reality warping ?
>>
>>44481641
Jack Lumber.
>>
>>44481974
lumber jack
>>
>>44481918
Man, did anyone look this guy up for Percy Jackson? That would have been hilarious.
>>
>>44478394
Sounds good! You'll have a little difficulty figuring out that enchantments are what you should be looking for in the first place, especially since no one wants to talk to you.

BUT, coming in with D&D magic, and whatever else, backing you up, this seems very doable in a month. Then, you can either move on, or have an extended vacation =D

>>44480631
Thank you very much!

I won't be changing the prerequisite for this jump, but I will keep that in mind when designing the future Quest for Glory jumps. Thank you for the input.

>>44481736
I understand this objection, which is why I lowered the prerequisites in this version by half (one of two prerequisites instead of both). However, they are chosen based on what would make sense for the character; Zara would not be interested in coming along with some musclebound fighter, and Brauggi would only be impressed by someone of martial skill. Further, either Zara or Brauggi would make most of the challenges of the game fairly easy, so I am not too upset that a "cross-class" character would have to invest 200CP in something like Clever or Mighty in order to meet the prerequisites.

Quest for Glory is designed to be a jump that you *could* take as a starting jump, while still having things appealing to late-game jumpers. For someone early in their chain, Zara or Brauggi are very useful companions to have, even if I understand they will be less than appealing to late-jumpchain demi-gods.

Still, again, something I will keep in mind for future jumps. Thank you for the input.

>>44480735
My interpretation is that if you take "Heroic Plotline", there is no Devon (the canonical hero, for those not in the know): you have taken his place. If you do not take that drawback, then he does exist, and will show up at some point early in your ten years here. Without interference from the jumper he will succeed in his quest to fulfill the prophecy, though an unpleasant jumper could stop him from doing so in many ways.
>>
>>44481641

As it'll probably end up with a Song Server - how about "Eetor Tonelico" (other divine tree).
Thread posts: 380
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.