[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Each force user has a special technique with which to gain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7

File: Kylo.jpg (159KB, 898x701px) Image search: [Google]
Kylo.jpg
159KB, 898x701px
>Each force user has a special technique with which to gain the upper ground, a special place of advantage within a battle between force adepts.
What's his force ability to gain the upper ground?
>>
talhoffer

As far as actual swordsmanship goes, his was probably the most interesting in any of the movies. Shame it meant nothing against the blandest human being alive.
>>
He hasn't discovered it yet, that's why he's so stressed all the time. Rey, on the other hand, has the extremely powerful ability [You're afraid, aren't you?] which gives her the high ground whenever a force user who knows more about the force than she does challenges her in using the force.
>>
>>44458873
No that was obi wans
>>
>>44458923
So that's how she was able to pull the Lightsaber past Kylo and trick james bond trooper (She was righting the high ground high from her encounter with Kylo)
Also, does anyone have the copy pasta?
>>
>>44458908
>i was born only to hate
at least meme it up anon. also empire is by far the best swordfight in SW
>>
>>44458960
jedi was better to me

But in either case it's because you care about the characters. I'm talking straight swordsmanship. Xylophone's was solid.
>>
>>44458873

Aside from him stopping a blaster shot mid air, he seems to have a talent for force persuasion and mind techniques. He's certainly used the force for interrogation more than any other force user we've seen in the canon so far.
>>
File: Depth.png (57KB, 1838x284px) Image search: [Google]
Depth.png
57KB, 1838x284px
>>44458958
This? Or the /tv/ screencaps?
>>
>>44458991
That one
If I remember correctly
Qui-Gon had "Always a bigger fish"
Mace was "This party is over
Dooku was "Twice the pride, double the fall"
Palpatine was "So it's treason then"
Maul revolved around using unconventional techniques to catch his opponents off guard
I can't think of the others.
>>
>>44459041
Here's the thread with the Phantom Blood Menace:

https://desustorage.org/tg/thread/43411095
>>
>>44458975
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, twice?
>>
>>44458873
Pretty sure it was mind-reading. I don't remember any of the other movies having that
>>
>>44458873

I'd say something with spatial manipulation, what with the stopping of the energy bolt and the Big Bad Plot Jump where he teleports from the exploding building to the middle of the forest.
>>
>>44459171
Thanks Anon
>>
>>44459171
Vader was able to peer into Luke's mind
Perhaps Kylo is based off of fear (and smacking his own leg), Rey's high ground is simply turn the tables where if an opponent would gain the high ground, she'd be able to use that to her advantage.
>>
File: 1451403495333.jpg (124KB, 1428x679px) Image search: [Google]
1451403495333.jpg
124KB, 1428x679px
>>44458873

Spinning
>>
>>44458991
>>44459041
What the hell does this even mean?
>>
>>44459143
3 times
>>
I feel like stasis (something from KotOR IIRC) is his deal. Freezing the blaster bolt seemed to me to be a huge fucking deal. They spent a lot of screen time on it, and it seemed to carry in some of his other actions. He spent a significant amount of time interacting with characters in bondage. When he force dragged lieutenant generic in for some details, the dude was pretty static. People squirmed under a Vader choke, LT Generic looked like an SFM model being dragged across the screen when Kylo grabbed him and I don't think that's an accident.
>>
>>44459143
yes
>>
>>44459344
DUDE

Stasis from KotoR was immediately what I thought about, and this was reinforced by how he's a dark/light force hybrid, and how that's Snoke overall thing.
>>
>>44459344
Isaac Clark gave him a Stasis module.
>>
>>44459310
It means each force user has a metaphysical trigger that can give them a huge boost in power.
For example; "So it's treason then" means that when every any one who should owe loyalty to him opposes him he get's a huge boost in power again them.
>>
>>44459344
>>44459594
>outfit looks like a low budget Revan cosplay
>lightsaber design dates back to Malachor
>stasis
>obligatory superweapon slurps power from a star

Feels like its only a matter of time before they just do something set in the old republic era, as much as they seem to like it.
>>
>>44459901
It's also just a redoing of A New Hope's plot. Plucky unlikely heroes must blow up planet destroying super weapon. It even features a cool old mentor dieing on a bridge inside said super weapon.
>>
>>44459310
It's what /tv/ wastes its time doing when it's not baneposting.
>>
>>44459041
What was Anakin's? I HAVE YOU NOW?

And I was sure Palpatine's was power... Unlimited power! At least in the original trilogy.
>>
>>44460152
A while ago I wrote that I believed Anakin to swap his [Spinning] power to [From My Point of View the Jedi Are Evil] when he turned evil. He realized that he could no longer maintain his moral high ground after turning into a sith lord, so he had to improvise a new way to maintain it. His new power allowed him to swap moral high grounds with his opponent whenever he wanted. It was an excellent counter to Obi-Wan's natural moral high ground in the Mustafar battle. Obi-Wan was highly reliant on his high ground to win battles, whether that high ground be moral or physical (in battles with Grievous and Maul he got beat up until he tricked his opponents into thinking that he had the low ground, when he really had the high ground)

Since Obi-Wan could not get the moral high ground advantage on Mustafar due to Anakin's [From My Point of View the Jedi Are Evil], he was losing the battle at first. However, Anakin's hubris was his downfall. He was so focused on nullifying Obi-Wan's moral high ground that he forgot about the most basic of high grounds possible, and allowed Obi-Wan to get the high ground on the lava shores. Obi-Wan even reminded his good friend that he had the high ground, but Anakin's pride and anger had consumed him, and he attempted a [Spinning] infused flip over Obi-Wan to nullify his high ground. Sadly for Anakin, he was forced to relinquish his [Spinning] when he took his new power, and was cut down.

Later however, Vader had mastered the use of his new power. When he told Obi-Wan that "now I am the Master" on the Death Star, he made Obi-Wan a mere apprentice compared to him. Obi-Wan attempted to utilize his [From a Certain Point of View] against Vader by telling him that he was "only a master of evil", but due to his old age, he had forgotten that Vader could always swap moral high grounds with his opponents. This critical mistake only made things worse for Obi-Wan and he was forced to take Plan B, which was to ascend the mortal plane.
>>
>>44459310
It is star wars if it was written by Nasu.
>>
>>44459310
Read: >>44459082
>>
>>44460442
Vader later uses [Spinning] against Luke through. Did the Emperor's cyborg modification of him allow him to use more than one Force ability?
>>
>>44459237
>Perhaps Kylo is based off of fear (and smacking his own leg)
Nah, he was injured and in the cold, he hit himself for the adrenaline and the pain, pain might help him use the dark side.
>>
>>44460588
How is this even remotely canon and not an admittedly entertaining fan theory born after watching too much Jojo series?
>>
>>44458873
Nigga can partially stop time or some shit?

We've never seen a canon Jedi freeze a blaster bolt in mid-flight. Or just totally shut down a human's movement.
>>
File: ecto-wan-ghostnobi.jpg (87KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ecto-wan-ghostnobi.jpg
87KB, 1440x1080px
Obi-Wan's ability is to just give up and haunt the descendants of their enemies.
>>
>>44460962
It's not a theory, it's a joke. Nobody is actually taking it seriously.
>>
>>44460962
/tv/ humor revolves around overanalyzing bad movie plots/lines. See: CIA
>>
>>44461043
/tg/ is well known for taking shit way too seriously, with mixed results usually.
>>
>>44458873
Well he magically separated the ground just when he was about to get shanked, so that's something.
>>
>>44461084
That was the planet falling apart.
>>
>>44461097
That's what he wants you to think.
>>
>>44461043
I do think you could make a pretty good game out of it.
>>
>>44460442
>tfw you realise Obi-Wan telling Anakin he had the high ground wasn't him being kind, but merely an attempt to seize the moral high ground as well as the physical one
D E E P E S T L O R E
>>
>>44461041

No, Obi-Wan's ability was to guide and protect an un-experienced Luke into completing tasks that would other wise be impossible considering the circumstances.

Obi-wan was literally plot armor.
>>
What if becoming a force ghost required you to have the high ground at time of death.
>>
>>44458873

Lulling his foes into a false sense of complacency by getting his shit pushed in by scrubs in the first movie.
>>
>>44462248
I'm sure getting his shit pushed in by a chick who has never held a lightsaber before was part of his plan.
>>
>>44462265

In his defense, he just took a shot to the torso bya fucking bowcaster. Imagine trying to fight after being shot at point blank by a shotgun. It'd hurt like hell and seriously fuck with your game It should also kill you but thats besides the point
>>
>>44458873
Daddy issues.
>>
File: 1386577641447.jpg (31KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1386577641447.jpg
31KB, 604x453px
>>44462217
holy shit

Anakin threw Sheev into the shaft, granting him have the literal high ground

it's poetry
>>
>>44459309
That's a neat trick.
>>
>>44461890
>So I told Luke to not use a targeting computer... he actual did it the absolute madman hahahahahaha!

But you saying Obi-Wan didn't just let Vader kill him and didn't continually appear as a ghost to Vader's kid?

I wonder, can others see these ghosts? I've always wondered if they're less the spirits of Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin, and more like their projections imprinted on Luke. They're the only ones that he can see (no other Jedi ghosts appear to him), it seems like he's the only one who can see them and Luke was present at each one of their deaths. So maybe when dying some force imprint was tagged onto Luke.
>>
>>44458873
He can do Force Time Stop.
>>
>>44458974
well, yeah
they had to account for his goofy hilt
and inadvertently were forced to include something good (a new style of actual swordsmanship) in the star wars setting as a result.
>>
>>44458873
Pound Wound: gain 2d6 temporary hitpoints
>>
>>44458960
It doesn't seem unreasonable to dislike Rey.
I had a friend who said she was a mary sue after watching it. Good at everything, succeeds at everything, the only time she arguably ever fucks up is when she resets the wrong circuits, and that turns out alright.
I disagree, because she doesn't actually DO anything in the whole goddamn movie, up until after she's captured.
If you replaced Rey entirely with Po and his droid, like, Fin finds Po at the wreck, they find Po's droid in town, and move on from there, not only would they get just as far as they got with Rey, they'd GET FARTHER AND LESS PEOPLE WOULD DIE because they wouldn't stop at the damn green planet and would head straight for the rebel base without ever being intercepted by the First Order.

There is nothing she added to the movie that couldn't have been replaced or obviated the need for, by having a pilot and an astromech along.
>>
>>44463208
I remember someone referring to her as a victim of "Galbrush Threepwood" syndrome
>>
>>44463261
...huh. That's actually a fairly interesting take on it. I guess I could see that.
But that seems irrelevant to her being, well, irrelevant, as far as the movie goes. She's a macguffin, not a character.
>>
>>44463208
Is this contrarianism of the contrarianism? This just isn't true. Rey determines what happens from the moment Finn runs into her (actually from the moment BB-8 runs into her). If she wasn't there no guarantee things go down the same way on not-Mos Eisley, no guarantee they get the falcon, no guarantee anything at the medieval cantina goes down the same way either. They wouldn't even go to where Maz was probably.
>>
>>44463392
Instead of being accosted by Rey in the market, Finn and Po arrive together, and find BB-8 or whatever. (This is the premise; Finn arrived on his own, the changes are literally "Poe and Fin meet at the crash site, BB-8 is reunited with them when they arrive, Rey doesn't exist.")

They require a starship. Finn and Poe hijack a ship. It could even be the falcon, or perhaps not fucking around with getting roughed up by Rey saves them enough time that they can actually get a good one. BB-8 repairs shit; Po flies it (he's an ace pilot after all, possibly better than Rey even with the force- and he definitely- okay, ALLEGEDLY knows how to take off.)

They escape just like Finn and Rey did.

Because Po is with them they got directly to the rebellion- uh, resistance base.
Roll credits.

If you want they can still meet up with Han Solo and run the death star, uh, starkiller mission as bonus content.
>>
>>44463472
Star killer base still fires on the core planets. Finn fucks off when they get to the base, the resistance doesn't know how to get in and disable the shields because Finn is already gone.
Roll credits
Bad end
>>
Mordhau.

His gloves have cortosis weaves.
>>
>>44465208
>Star killer base still fires on the core planets
>Finn sticks around when they get to the base, because he and Poe are bros now
>The resistance knows how to get in and disables the shields because Finn stuck around
>Roll Credits
>Identical end
>>
File: 1401721104784.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1401721104784.gif
2MB, 320x240px
Nigga took a fucking Chewbacca crossbow bolt and was still in fighting condition.

He's got some rage issues.
>>
>>44458958
>So that's how she was able to pull the Lightsaber past Kylo
I think that was more of a Sword in the Stone moment. Just as the saber called to Rey at Maz's place, it also choose to go to her in the forest.
>>
>>44465351
frogposter, pls
>>
>>44465208
Even if that's the case, that still shows that for half (two thirds?) the movie she's a complete non-entity.
And for one sixth of the remaining movie, she's a damsel in distress. And after that she's absurdly competent for no reason.

She's a macguffin. She might be a character in the next movie. Dunno.
>>
>>44458873
>big bad fights janitor
>somehow has a hard time

Really, JJ?
>>
>>44458991
I don't actually go to /tv/ but their ability to overanalyze to the breaking point is perhaps the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. This isn't autism, it's art.
>>
>>44465535
It's not JJ's fault that you lack the attention required to follow a mass-market Disney movie.
>>
>>44466199
Fuck off, JJ.
>>
>>44465502
Also, there's the fact she saved bb8 from the scrapper outside of town.
>>
>>44466299
One motive action, easily replaced with them just finding the scrapper in the market the next morning, either scrapping the robot (why would you scrap a functioning droid?) or selling it. Replace Rey's stick-fight with a buddy-team stunt where Finn distracts everyone and Poe frees his droid.
>>
>>44466213
What's your favorite sci-fi franchise, huh nig? Is it 40K?

It would be a shame if someone were to, I don't know, make a reductive mass market adaptation of it.

Is that what you what fucker? Do you want to see the Emperor dance to the Beastie Boys? Step to me again and I'll give Space Marines Whedon-style dialogue, I don't give a fuck.

Greg Grunberg is playing Marneus Calgar, just for that.

Know your place. I'm the King of Nerds.
>>
File: 1442535711638.jpg (294KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
1442535711638.jpg
294KB, 582x600px
>>44466421
>>
You know, I think one thing in the damn movie could have changed, and I'd not feel so down on Rey. The end. She doesn't just suddenly stomp Ren after he was styling all over her.

He had her, he HAD HER, right until somehow he...didn't. Just the one change of that, have the earth split, and divide them up, without either side pulling out a clear win. She has to go because Finn, and he's aware if he keeps pressing he's kinda bleeding like a motherfucker, and decides that pushing it isn't going to end well for him.

And yes, sure, again, he was shot. But he was utterly dominating her even so.

And don't you start with "But Finn...!"

Finn got his asshole stomped inside out both times.

First time, he shanked a motherfucker, then got styled on hard by TR-8T or whatever his fan name is. Han saved his butt.

Second time, with School-Shooter Vader? Motherfucker was toying with him, until he got in a lucky hit. Then Kylo was done with that shit, and Finn went down like a sack of shit.

That said, I did like how Finn was using his saber. He was trained with the riot club, so he kept trying to use it like that. Just bludgeon the guy to death.
>>
>>44458873
>What's his force ability to gain the upper ground?
Being a whiny bitch with daddy issues.
>>
>>44460649

It's less that you lose one when you gain another, but you can only maintain one or the other at a single time.
>>
>>44460442
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSOBeD1GC_Y
>>
He takes off his helmet and the enemy sees his retarded face.
>>
>>44463003

And the moral, since the act was also a redemption since he didn't use the Dark Side to do it, giving him an extra modifier. And later he grants Luke some reconciliation with his dying breath, catapulting him into the highest of high ground. He gained the High Ground physically and morally with the Emperor, and spiritually with Luke, putting him on the level for ascension.
>>
>>44463024

For you.
>>
>>44466421
kek
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.