[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/- Star Wars General: The Riskiest Business Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 464
Thread images: 75

File: GJqMNSi.webm (291KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
GJqMNSi.webm
291KB, 640x360px
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, Lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related.

Previous Thread: >>44443700

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Discussion Topics:

>What is your favorite Force Tradition that is not Jedi or Sith?

>Who is you favorite Jedi or Sith?
>>
>>44452263
He's already in the trailer m8, and the NAACP already praised him getting a solo movie and being played by a great actor.
>>
File: Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens1.jpg (30KB, 636x434px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens1.jpg
30KB, 636x434px
>>44452330

oh yeah wasn't this the best scene in TFA?
>>
>>44452349
Which trailer was that in?
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 549x760px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 549x760px
>>44452274
Irrelevant. Is not a vehicle, ship, or non-Force character. Applied data: Bossk.
Irrelevant. Is not a vehicle, ship, or non-Force character. Applied data: LAAT/i Gunship.
>>
>>44452349
>Promo picture for Vanity Fair = Trailer Footage

You could at least try and argue that not all trailer footage winds up in a movie, man. You're not even trying.
>>
>>44452349
>>44452370
It's a promo shot for Vanity Fair.

He's saying it's the best because it wasn't in the movie.

Now I think it's time to drop /tg/ for a while because I poked the bear again. Someday I might learn not to but I doubt it.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 766x389px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 766x389px
>>44452349
We were talking about the best superhero, White-Hating Coon.
>>
jesus.
how many threads per day are we up to now?
>>
File: Modernized Polymer FG-42.jpg (171KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Modernized Polymer FG-42.jpg
171KB, 900x675px
I just realized something that my inner /k/ommando should have realized years ago. The Clone Commando DC-17m is just a star wars-ified FG-42

>side-loaded magazine? Check
>usable both as marksman's rifle/sniper and assault rifle? Check
>only issued to special forces? Check

Only thing the DC does and the FG doesn't do is anti-armour but i'm sure there is some madman out there working on how to fit a short m203 to a modernized FG-42
>>
File: karate-farmer.jpg (72KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
karate-farmer.jpg
72KB, 500x669px
>>44452274
>>What is your favorite Force Tradition that is not Jedi or Sith?
Matukai
Become fist of fury!
>>Who is you favorite Jedi or Sith?
Palps, something endlessly appealing about a bad guy that really doesn't have any redeeming character traits. Always evil, all the time
>>
>>44452563
Apparently they're making repo's of the FG's again which is kind of interesting, not that I can own one here
>>

Probably Jensaraai but that's just because I,Jedi was one of the first star wars books i read after the thrawn trilogy

Bardan Jusik
>>
>>44452274
>Favorite Force Tradition
Definitely the night sisters

>Favorite Sith
Darth Marr
>>
Is it just me or is the Fly Casual pdf pretty close to unreadable?
>>
>>44452769
yeah. it's pretty bad.

What's the list of things that aren't good quality/are out but not scanned yet?
>>
>>44452769
My copy is ok, did you get the one off KAT?
>>
>>44452274
>Favorite Tradition
For some reason, the Imperial Knights strike me as pretty awesome.

>Favorite Jedi or Sith
Darth Revan in KOTOR I.
>>
File: Ep.VII pilots.jpg (750KB, 2560x1529px) Image search: [Google]
Ep.VII pilots.jpg
750KB, 2560x1529px
Anyone figured out what the "Porkin's Belly Run" maneuver is yet?

My money's on emergency landing without repulsor assist, aka belly flop landing
>>
>>44452274
Does the Inquisitorius count? I just think their sabers look neat, wonder if they make them in single bladed variants too

A toss up between Jolee Bindo and Visas Marr
>>
>"SENATOR AMIDALA, REALIZING THAT MORE TROOPS WILL ONLY PROLONG THE FIGHTING PROPOSES A BILL TO CUT MILITARY SPENDING"
What the fuck TCW? How does that make any sense?
>>
>>44452864

>Modular Secondary Weapon Pods

Title upgrade that allows for missiles and/or cannons?

Probably too much. The T-65 would need an versatility upgrade much more than the T-70.
>>
>>44452864
Porkins was actually really good at low-altitude strafing, which is why his nickname was "Belly Runner."

And that was actually Nien Nunb? I thought it was just another Sullustan.
>>
>>44452909
she's like 23 and probably smoking crack all the time
that sounds like something a university-aged kid would come up with, honestly
>>
File: IMG_1320.jpg (958KB, 2606x1659px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1320.jpg
958KB, 2606x1659px
>>44452493

If you remove the trolling and countertrolling, probably less than one thread of actual content per day.
>>
>>44452869
>my life for yours

Yes!
>>
>>44452816
Only things not scanned are Mask of the Pirate Queen and Keeping the Peace. Everything else is scanned and should have both good quality and highly compressed OCR'd versions in the torrent. And then there might be medium quality OCR'd versions floating around of everything from the AoR beginner game and before from the original scanner.
>>
>>44452948
>"Bringing in more clones will not win this war, we must promote diplomacy to bring an end to this conflict"
>diplomacy
>with droids that are only programmed to kill
>>
>>44453004
...With their leaders. Not the droids themselves.

Or did you think that the droids were acting independently of any leadership?
>>
>>44453039
THE CLONE WARS WERE AN INSIDE JOB
>>
>>44452817
I got it off the links in the op.
>>
>>44453039
Their chain of command was
>Sheev
>Dooku
>Grievious
>Various Trade Federation assholes (the guys that design droid armies for fun)

So yeah, I don't think there's much room for diplomacy. Also, those Commander Droids were seriously evil, maybe moreso than most of their commanders.
>>
>>44452909
Yeah i was going "You wot m8?" at her entire line of reasoning in that arc.
Heck, my country hasn't been at war* for almost 400 years and anyone i've asked about that thinks that is completely and utterly fucked sideways.

'We have been part of several UN peacekeeping operations however but those doesn't count as we only sent a small amount of our troops
>>
>>44453106
Amidala didn't know about Palpy. Dooku was the leader of the CIS and renowned for being very gentlemanly so she was hoping that she could make him see reason.

Still really dumb though. Somehow, she forgot they tried to execute her in a gladatorial arena.
>>
>>44453147
Or that Geonosis decided to join the CIS AGAIN, this time with evil zombie making worms.
>>
File: Mystic Space Stuff.png (2MB, 1550x816px) Image search: [Google]
Mystic Space Stuff.png
2MB, 1550x816px
>>44452274

Whatever the fuck this was. I'm a sucker for mythic origin stories.

Gonna go with Jolee Bindu. Rahm Kota might take second place for his bitchin' coat of arms.
>>
File: laughingtycho.jpg (43KB, 330x501px) Image search: [Google]
laughingtycho.jpg
43KB, 330x501px
>>44452920
>T-65 versatility upgrade
>Wedge with HLC
Seriously, though, I feel like the movement dial, action options, and generics are the real problems with the old girl.
>>
>>44452964
>my life for yours
I wonder how far you could push her undying loyalty...
>>
>>44453218

Old bird needs an engine retrofit? Makes sense. Put some versatility in her. It'd have to be cheap and distinct from the T-70, though.
>>
If I were to run a Sith quest, do you think people could handle making decisions that seemed counter-intuitive?
>>
>>44452984
well shit. I've been getting mine off the op and those copies aren't all nice.
>>
>>44453321
There's two up already. Go see for yourself.
>>
File: starfighters of adumar.jpg (215KB, 463x800px) Image search: [Google]
starfighters of adumar.jpg
215KB, 463x800px
>>44453309
>cheap and distinct from the T-70
Alternately, we could take the opposite route and cook up a T-85 with older, more experienced versions of many of the T-65 pilots--NR veterans like Wedge, Wes, Hobbie, Tycho, and Luke. Or is the T-70 already on the upper end of reasonable point costs for Rebside?
>>
>>44453321
how do you mean?
>>
>>44453402
Giving into your anger or making impulsive choices could lead to positive outcomes, rather than fucking you over.

Or deliberately choosing to do things that seem harmful strengthens your commitment to the dark side, and raises your potential.

Hopefully you'd alternate between sly plotting and sudden outbursts of extreme violence.
>>
>>44453390

They'd be piloting well into their 50s and 60s, they'd probably have retired to the quiet family life at that point. And a T-85 would probably present all the problems people have with the T-70 outclassing the original X-Wing.

Plus, we haven't seen any T-85s yet, so they'd be a while in the making.
>>
/swg/ I'm trying to make a fourth class of enemy above Nemesis (and, thus, above the PCs) for my FFG game. It's called Legend and it's exclusively given to canon characters so that they aren't indestructible set pieces but you can't just get lucky and kill them either. If you want to take down the Emperor, you can, but you better bring your full party of 10,000 XP dudes.

So far, they get the Legendary X Talent, where a number of times per round equal to X, they get a free action or manoeuvre directly after an opponent's turn. Basically like Legendary Actions in D&D Next, and the same 'once per enemy' restriction, so Darth Revan with Legendary 10 still only gets one normal turn in a 1-on-1 fight, but gets his full extra 10 in a mass combat scene. They also automatically convert all incoming damage to Personal Scale, regardless of source - you can use your 11 damage Turbolaser on the bad guy, but it will actually deal 11 damage, not 110, because it luckily landed ten feet away or they shrugged it off or something. Finally, when a Force Sensitive Legend uses a power on a non-Legend, there is never an opposed roll (other than getting pips, and when the power forces a roll). If Darth Vader is on turn and decides he's going to Immobilize your party, he Immobilizes your whole party. Done.

Is there anything I'm missing? Again, I want canons to be beatable (and killable, with all the wacky AU stuff that causes), but it should be a unique challenge. Not like the Tarrasque where they just have really good stats, they are actually legitimately scary.
>>
>>44453455
>they'd probably have retired to the quiet family life at that point
Leia, Han, Chewie, and Nien Nunb are still in the thick of things by the TFA era. It wouldn't be unreasonable to see other Rebellion veterans going full cowboy cop to fight the First Order while the politicians play with their dicks.

Maybe an XJ-series retrofit a la Chardaan? Or some sort of title to improve general pilot utility?
>>
Finished watching The Force Awakens and I'm very confused about Kylo Ren.

Is Kylo Ren really supposed to be shown as a pathetic and weakass individual? That loser lost to a bunch of nobodies in the last fight and he was trained by motherfuckin' Luke and Snoke, two of what's probably the best Force users in this trilogy.
He was no Vader, in fact I don't think any Sith has ever lost so badly like Ren did and it's worst by the fact that he lost to shitters.
If his supposed to be top dog of Knights of Ren then I guess they aren't really that great. Worst Star Wars antagonist ever.
>>
>>44453576

Chewie and Nien Nunb are aliens and who knows how old they live. Chewie looks the same as he did in the Clone Wars.

Leia and Han ended up doing the same old things because their son killed a whole bunch of children and turned evil, so they kind of broke. The rest of Rogue Squadron would have to have had a whole lot of broken dreams, familiar, personal tragedies, and not happy endings in order to all have decided to get back in the pilot's seat. It'd be like a bunch of WWII vets getting back aboard their old battleship to fight aliens.
>>
>>44453678
This whole Knights of Ren thing is also really shitty.
>>
>>44453438
Oh well yeah that's pretty much how the Sith Academy quest goes
>>
>>44453542
>Legendary X Talent
Not necessary. Rules already say GMs can give big Nemesis multiple turns a round. Or it may say 2 per round, regardless, you'd just be stretching an existing suggestion; it doesn't really need a specific talent.

>convert all incoming damage to Personal Scale
This makes a 4 damage planetary scale weapon less effective than a holdout blaster.

>>44453678
>Is Kylo Ren really supposed to be shown as a pathetic and weakass individual?
Probably. Everything is meant to be kicking him into finishing his training. Essentially he's supposed to be that NPC that grows in strength along with the PCs as opposed to the big bad PCs are supposed to fear until they're loaded up on XP and gear.
>>
>>44453678
>That loser lost to a bunch of nobodies in the last fight and he was trained by motherfuckin' Luke and Snoke
Luke has had literally no formal lightsaber training, he's just sort of fucked around. Snoke is a mystery, but has explicitly not finished training Ren.
Ren was also busy bleeding out from a gutshot during that fight.

Also yes he was very much supposed to not be vader 2.0
>>
>>44453678
First, Kylo got shot in the gut. By a weapon that's shown to blow the fuck out of stormtroopers, sending them flying meters. The fact that he stood there and didn't move is either JJ being dumb, or deliberately showing his strength.

Second, he was in control of the Finn fight basically the entire time.

Third, the entire fight with Rey up until the very end after he had her bent backwards and she had her epiphany, she was running from him, unable to do anything.

This is AFTER he's bleeding out the entire time.

But yes, the whole point is "Kylo wants to be a hardcore dark sider but the good in him won't let him." He's the anti-Vader. Where Vader is calm and collected, Kylo is whiny and prone to tantrums - in other words, exactly like Anakin was at his lowest points before he finally fell.

As for the Knights, I'm sure we'll see more of them (and obviously, Snoke too) in VIII.
>>
>>44453678
>shown as a pathetic and weakass individual
Partly. He's powerful but rough and unpolished--his training wasn't really complete. He's also likely meant to come across as an unstable brat who only has the shallowest understanding of grandpa's legacy. His loss was also partly due to the fact that he'd taken a severe beating previously.

>>44453690
>It'd be like a bunch of WWII vets getting back aboard their old battleship to fight aliens.
See, that only makes it sound cooler. And with the destruction of a whole fleet and Bumfuckistan Prime, I bet that guys like Wedge are busy fueling up their old X-wings again.
>>
Hey guys, what ship would you gentss take for a nice, long, relaxing, romantic exploration cruise in with through the unknown regions?
>>
>>44453576
Han and Chewie spent most of their time being smugglers and Leia has always been a staff officer. While it wouldn't be out of the question to see older pilots they'd more than likely be instructors rather than frontline pilots.
>>
>>44453817
In the star wars universe? No less than a fully armed and staffed star destroyer.

You know how many rapists and thieves and slavers are out there? You'd be dead in a week.
>>
>>44453809

Their sloppy intro in an offhand line kind of irks me. Could have kept it silent about who those masked men were, and just have them show up as unstoppable antagonists in VIII.

Really, JJ fucked up by making VII an add for VIII. I really hope VIII isn't an ad for IX.
>>
>>44453846
Even a single star destroyer might have its hands full.

Get me an SSD, bartender.
>>
>>44453817
>Unknown Regions

I think I'll try walking on the surface of a neutron star first.

>>44453846
Surprisingly few. There are FAR worse things in the Unknown Regions.

Like Mngar-Mngar.
>>
Just bought X-Wing - TFA and I am really impressed by the quality of the minis. I am used to pre-painted models being garbage but I really like the models included.

Hopefully my Imperial Aces will get here fairly soon.
>>
>>44453887
But a SSD by itself would run into so many logistical issues in the UR. Might want to scale down to an entire flotilla of Gladiators with Star Galleons hauling supplies and parts.
>>
>>44453897
Mnngal-mnngal.

Because WotC had to come up with weird shit to fill in the blank check that was "Here Be Dragons" also known as the Unknown Regions.
>>
>>44453846
I know, I wanted to spark ship and Unknown Regions talk.

It went well.
>>
>>44453875
Movies in a planned arc will always be at least partially incomplete without the other films. It's almost always been this way.
>>
>>44453945
Whatever it is, I have no desire to enter the Unknown regions at all.

Unless we're picking up hot Chiss babes and immediately leaving.
>>
>>44453897
>I think I'll try walking on the surface of a neutron star first.

You mean because it's a liquid and you can't walk on liquid?

Or are you just dropping buzzwords?
>>
>>44453945
That thing always struck me as overly Star Trekky. Same with Aboleth and Waru, they could have been interesting if they had just been in a setting that supported them better.

On the other hand, all three are nightmare fuel.
>>
File: Elsa-Cry a lot.jpg (179KB, 700x379px) Image search: [Google]
Elsa-Cry a lot.jpg
179KB, 700x379px
>>44453988

It's what I'm hoping will not be, but deep down know to be true.
>>
>>44453994
He was saying suicide by star is preferable to suicide by the unknown regions.
>>
>>44453900

Related - my wife likes the Rebellion - I was advised last night that the aces stuff is pretty good for both Imperials and Rebels so should that be her next pick up?
>>
>>44453817
Have you considered the fact that there's a reason the hyperspace anomaly exists and we shouldn't enter the Unknown Regions?
>>
>>44454005
Oh yeah. There's that TNG episode with a tar thing that kills Tasha.

>>44453989
The Unknown Regions works best if you leave it legitimately Unknown. The more you flesh it out, the less appealing it becomes.

Just let it be Weird Shit: Entire Quadrant Edition. Post a "Here Be Dragons" warning and get the fuck out of Dodge.
>>
>>44454028
I somehow doubt that.
>>
>>44454056
Eh, there's a few neat things that came out of the UR. Thrawn, the Shi'ido, Hurrikaine, etc.

>>44454083
How does "Go for a swim on Raxus Prime" Sound? Or "sun bath on Hoth"?

It was a euphemism for suicide.
>>
>>44453321
If you were going to run this, when would you start? And how often would you run?
>>
>>44454083
Well, the star will burn you up quickly and cleanly.

The Unknown Regions will take the time to mind rape you, enslave you, torture you, mutilate you, make you eat McDonalds and then keep you alive just to let you bask in the horror it has brought upon you.

So yeah, death by star? Much better.
>>
>>44453678

>Is Kylo Ren really supposed to be shown as a pathetic and weakass individual?

"pathetic" is debatable but probably intentional.

"weakass" is I think the wrong way to look at it. Fucker is a tank, straight up. He is gutshot by the Bowcaster which is still a mag-assisted plasma crossbow thing and apparently has the strength and stamina to jog out in front of our heroes, and tosses them around pretty bad despite getting multiple saber wounds until he continues to help Rey in her spirit quest and even then he still looks like he wants to go another couple rounds. And then Snoke even says he hasn't finished training him.

He's got strong qualities, but they aren't the qualities he WANTS to have, so he throws a lot of tantrums. Depending on what Snoke's play book is, getting emotional like that might be intentional. Fear, Anger, Hate, Suffering. He's constantly trying to be a better dark-side user, and he's shitty at it. His signature move is like Stasis/Protect. I think it's almost deliberately ironic, he's trying to be a baby-eating bad guy, and somehow he just can't tip that last bit. He even shanks his own dad, and that still doesn't make him into a sun-eating badass like he wants to be.
>>
>>44454138
Slow down son, that wasn't even a pitch
>>
>>44454139
Actually, I mentioned Neutron star because the gravity would kill me well before the heat or radiation.
>>
Anybody else feel that Aurra Sing should have died long ago?
>>
>>44454164
I will be quite honest. My knowledge of star varieties is pretty shit. But still, gravity death is much better.
>>
>"In memory of Akira Kurosawa"
>4 bounty hunters
>3 jedi
>joining forces to fight pirates
LUCAS YOU MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>44454196
I have no opinion on when she should have died, but those fingers freak me out every time.
>>
>>44454145
>>44453809

The phrase I liked that I saw someone on /tg/ use about him is 'In a galaxy much less far away we'd be reading about him in a headline about a school shooting'.

He's unstable and emotional and not thinking clearly but unlike a true dark side user he's doing a poor job of drawing power on it. Instead it's making him falter and overcompensate.
>>
>>44454031
Yeah. The awing and bwing from that with the xwing from core is a good starting point. From there just add other ships too taste.
>>
>>44454207
It's actually an astronomy thing. Neutron Stars exist.

>>44454216
>Protecting farmers who don't want to fight
>Embo's species is a Kyuzo

Oh my god.
>>
>>44454299
Well yes, I know they exist, I just lack a knowledge about them.
>>
Why didn't Leia use The Force? Why did Luke neglect training? Why was this ignored? Why didn't Leia give Rey some pointers or talk to her? why the mad rush to find Luke?
>>
>>44454318
The short of it is that they're just a step down from blackholes as far as extreme gravity goes.
>>
>>44454341
Maybe leia just isn't force sensitive.
>>
>>44454341
Leia decided she didn't want to go down the road of training in the Force. That's really all there is to it.
>>
File: interference newman.gif (216KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
interference newman.gif
216KB, 180x180px
>>44454363
>>
>>44454363
Yoda explicitly said she was in RoTJ.

Also, she felt Han die.
>>
>>44454224

Fair assessment. We make a lot of jokes about him being an emo kid but that is kind of it.

Obviously, you have to read between the lines a little, but it looks a lot like Ben didn't fit in as the son of a pair of Rebel Heroes, so they sent him to train with Luke. Where he doesn't fit in because he's the teacher's nephew and grandson of Vader and his talent's probably aren't as flashy as people are expecting. I assume at this point Snoke snatches him up and is like "You know how you could be a badass? Be like your grandpa and be really evil", so he stabs all his classmates and all that jazz... and he's still not super powerful like he wants to be. He's got to much natural emotional instability and not the proper drive, so he keeps being troubled by the question of "did I do the right thing", but he also doesn't have as deep a font of self-loathing as Vader had to draw on. Or maybe that shit just doesn't work for him - maybe force users have different strengths and weaknesses to draw on and the same method doesn't work for everybody.

I'd also say Rey is supposed to be a deliberate counterpoint. She's a natural talent, but she and everybody around her just assumes she's a nobody. But she's lived a nobody's hard-knock, space hobo life where presumably she taught herself to do a lot of things. And Ren, continuing to be a bit of a tosser just keeps pushing her buttons in terms of the Force so she actually starts to harness all that raw talent.

Ben/Kylo keeps trying to pull himself up to somebody else's level. Real Dark Side Masters like Sheev and Vader drag people down.
>>
>>44454363
>>44454341

She's specifically called out as having that power as well in RotJ.

Even in Legends, however, she mostly doesn't learn much, and prefers her political role to her Force-sensitive one.

But she does feel when Han dies, so there is that.
>>
>>44454417
Early Legends yes, but in the later ones she fully embraces her abilities.
>>
>>44454410

Both of them are counterpoints in another way.

They are both defined by family. She is driven to find the family she lost, Ren is driven to live up to the family he never met.
>>
File: x-wings and y-wings.jpg (60KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
x-wings and y-wings.jpg
60KB, 1024x768px
Speaking of neutron stars and black holes, what other funky stellar phenomena and objects could one use to spice up a space battle?
>>
>>44454408
>>44454417
She felt that Luke was alive in ROTJ, and detected him when he was under Cloud City.
>>
File: 1408796095640.jpg (141KB, 1200x665px) Image search: [Google]
1408796095640.jpg
141KB, 1200x665px
>>44452274

Probably the Jensaraai, they seem pretty cool

Tales of the Jedi had the best example of the Jedi though - that being, Jedi Masters had their own methods, taught their own ideas, and did so where ever they wanted - there was no central temple - and so you had this mix of different types of Jedi with different values.

>Sith
Sith are and have always been retarded

Jedi? Nomi Sunrider, and Ulic Qel Droma - as far as Sith, I've always liked Exar Kun, hes a classic that way.

If your talking OJO, probably Plo Koon because he's a cool guy - all the other Jedi that get screen time in TCW seem really stiff (Aayla is a good example of that, she lacks character almost completly) - The only one who seems to have much character is Quinlan Vos, but he's such a gigantic mary sue in the comics, I cant bring myself to like the guy.

Despite being a massive jobber, Dooku is still awesome
>>
>>44454468

And, while it's a little early to call it - this will probably be a big part of how their arcs resolve.

Rey will learn to move beyond her "old" family and join a new family in the Jedi and Resistance, and Ren will realize he's not Darth Vader, and he shouldn't have turned his back on his family.

And then for Maximum poetry, that would be the moment when he dies dramatically facing Snoke/Phasma/TR-8R
>>
>>44454476
Nebulas and Brown Dwarves would be neat.

You could use the dust in a nebula to interfere with the ships.
>>
File: Bardan Jusic.jpg (141KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bardan Jusic.jpg
141KB, 800x500px
>>44452661
>Bardan Jusik

My Vode!
>>
>>44454468
there's also the whole fact that we get to see darth hot-topic's character, while desert-hobo padme is just kind of there
>>
>>44454476
Pulsars should play merry hell with sensors and droids and people, but it's soft-sci
>>
>>44454476

Magnetars, Pulsars, Frozen Stars, weird nebulae or debris fields, macroengineering structures...

Or just use this
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=spacephenomena
>>
>>44453778
>This makes a 4 damage planetary scale weapon less effective than a holdout blaster.
Not if you look at it from a cinematic perspective. A shot from an X-Wing will certainly hurt Luke far more than a Holdout Blaster, yeah, and that's why it doesn't hit him. He's literally got mechanical plot armour. You barely graze him, or miss and hit him with the blast radius, or (more likely) it doesn't get through his soak and you've blown up some nearby scenery. If you want to hurt him you have to get in there and do it yourself, at which point you're fully exposed to all of his wacky powers. If you have another method though, I'd love to hear it - I'm looking for suggestions.
>>
The Dark Side is kind of hard to take seriously when it's canonically just a faster route to less power than studying the normal Force. It basically means that all dark siders are just idiots who can't figure out how to attain the full power of the Force, but then every single Sith Lord is some kind of unstoppable badass monster that can bend solar flares outwards to destroy entire fleets or devour the lives of an entire colony's population in an instant. You never see a Jedi pull off feats of similar power. Luke didn't even come close to beating Vader until he gave into his anger and beat Vader down in a fit of rage to the point that all Vader could do was desperately grip the railing and deflect Luke's blows.

It's like wanting to have the cake of having villains who are ultimately just misguided fools that need to be brought back to the light, but wanting to eat it as them being fearsomely powerful compared to Jedi, too.
>>
>>44452274
Does the name "Kylo Ren" mean anything background wise? Is it a title? The guys who killed the resurrected order were the Knights of Ren, so is "Kylo" a title like "Darth" is?
>>
>>44454753
Ren is the title.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 272x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 272x340px
>>44452274
>Favorite Force Tradition

Toss up between Imperial Knights and Zeison Sha. Yeah they aren't fluffed pretty much at all but I like their silly blade boomerangs.

>favorite Jedi or Sith
Plo fucking Koon
>>
>>44454772
>Plo fucking Koon
Muh Nigga Dor
>>
>>44454697
The dark side isn't really "less" powerful than the Force, but the power it does offer is more of the destructive variety, which is easier to show off.

If the Sith are the first Death Star, the Jedi are that lone X-Wing that fires a torpedo to blow the station up.

>>44454753
The Knights of Ren are an organization, Kylo Ren is an adopted name. It's totally-not-"Darth," essentially.
>>
>>44453678
Honestly this was one of my top three problems with the movie. I like the idea of Kylo in a vacuum but there was just no tension whatsoever in the movie. Hux is a laughably overt Nazi expy, Snoke never appears outside hologram and nothing he says is really intimidating, Phasma is a worthless jobber and Kylo is incompetent. The villains weren't threatening, they weren't scary, there's no tension in the movie. We don't even really know enough about the First Order and New Republic to understand what's at stake.
>>
>>44454410

it is, again, worth noting that despite being gut-shot, utterly fucked-up in the head, and having just had to take out another guy who put up a fight, Kylo Ren is still totally kicking Rey's ass up until he says the absolute stupidest thing he could possibly say in that situation

"I could teach you."

or, as someone else once said, "Use the Force, Rey."
>>
>>44454753

Pretty sure it's just a name. Why an entire order of darksiders decided to use his name as their own is beyond me, especially since he's a total fucking loser who doesn't have an ounce of charisma and just a couple of flashy force powers.
>>
>>44454772
>Imperial Knights
Mah Kung

>Plo Koon
I can respect that.
>>
>>44454697
I don't think anyone ever argues that it's less powerful. It's just 1) really hard to control, and 2) leads to evil since it's really hard to control. Dark siders just think it's more powerful, and become really overconfident and lose.
>>
>>44454802

Unnamed First Order pilots and troopers were more intimidating and tension-building than any of the villains ever were. That riot trooper who kicked the shit out of Finn with the tesla baton thing was sick.
>>
File: 1448414839788.jpg (1MB, 1240x1232px) Image search: [Google]
1448414839788.jpg
1MB, 1240x1232px
>>44454772

Plo Koon got the best character treatment in TCW
>>
>>44454800
>>44454857

But Yoda himself straight up says it's not as powerful as the Force, just quicker. Sure you could argue that Yoda's biased, but he's also like the foremost expert on the Force in the entire galaxy.
>>
>>44454877
He is Filoni's favorite
>>
File: 1450933813060.jpg (326KB, 1280x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1450933813060.jpg
326KB, 1280x1366px
>>44454867
That scene was actually the only one that had me on the edge of my seat - none of the others felt exciting to me at all.
>>
>>44454877
weird way of saying ARC troopers, man
>>
>>44454802
nah, Kylo's threatening. but he's threatening in a very different way than Vader.

in martial arts, the single most dangerous opponent anyone can fight is not a better trained martial artist. it is someone who has barely any training at all: someone who has learned they have power but has not yet figured out how to control it. someone who has not yet learned the proper forms, and is so winging it it in totally unpredictable fashion.

you can trust that Darth Vader is not going to kill you unless Darth Vader has been given leave to kill you.

Kylo Ren has a fragile little baby ego, and when it gets bruised he could do ANYTHING.

yeah, it is played for laughs when the stormtroopers see him destroying a room in a tantrum and about-face in a hurry. there is a reason they are about-facing, and it has a lot to do with lengthening their life spans. sure, Kylo will get in big trouble for killing them!

this is not going to stop him from killing them in the heat of the moment.
>>
File: jarjar.jpg (29KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
jarjar.jpg
29KB, 600x338px
>>44454915
I thought of pic related.
>>
>>44454678
That's the thing though, the mechanic you propose isn't trying to account for harder difficulty to hit through plot-armor or a skilled individual, it's just straight gimping the players. A player can just as well be using explosives littered everywhere that a big-name Star Wars character couldn't possible dodge or a damn powerful personal weapon and the mechanic would just let them shrug it off.

You don't try and make something that puts Leia and Vader on relative equal footing compared to the players, you tailor the encounters. You've got Destiny Points that can go further than a player's (one of the big examples of this is "Oh no! Enemy got away and you can't catch up!") There's ranks in Adversary that you can give more to these bigger characters than a typical Nemesis (which is usually capped at 3), you can give them Dodge, and a whole host of guards.

There's a lot you can do with the already included mechanics than making an orbital bombardment be less powerful than a decent roll with a rifle.
>>
>>44454953
>someone who has learned they have power but has not yet figured out how to control it
Guess that's why he got his shit pushed in by Rey.

inb4 b-but muh bowcaster, Rey got tossed into a tree so hard she went unconscious for a few minutes and didn't seem any worse for wear
>>
>>44454953
>one of the troopers goes up to Kylo
>Kylo goes to swipe
>trooper hugs him
>Kylo doesn't know what to do
>awkward silence
>Kylo starts crying into troopers arms
>Trooper hold him closer
All he needs is some love anons.
>>
>>44454895
>YODA
>Run! Yes. A Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger... fear... aggression. The dark side of the Force are they.Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

>LUKE
>Vader. Is the dark side stronger?

>YODA
>No... no... no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

Doesn't say anything about it being weaker. He just says it isn't stronger.
>>
File: 1402031634777.jpg (374KB, 914x816px) Image search: [Google]
1402031634777.jpg
374KB, 914x816px
>computer got fucked
>lost all files relating to my campaign because I forgot to backup my data
well shit, there goes my motivation
>>
>>44455076
Just play some of the premade modules until you can fix it again anon.
>>
>>44454895

If the Dark Side is destroying things to get what you want, the Light is about talking your way through it with some detective work. Obi-Wan doesn't slash his way through stormtroopers to deactivate the Tractor Beam in ANH, Darth Vader doesn't use witty argument to try and tempt Luke to the Dark Side, Yoda didn't push Luke into a situation where he was forced to make the wrong choice, or force him to do anything, whereas the Emperor suckered him into a situation of "Kill your Dad or die."

The Dark Side is a side of brutality, getting what you want through power, control, unfair manipulation, and brutal treatment or fear. The Light Side is a side of understanding others, using force only to push those few buttons to get moving again.
>>
>>44454697
>What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
>No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

It helps to not think about it as "power". The dark side is the shortest, most obvious path TO power, when using the Force. In the long run, NOT using it is more effective. following the flow, letting the eternal momentum of life take you where it will.

The dark side dams it behind you, says "no, YOU move", but in the end it's fighting against the Force and no one person can ever win against that for long.
>>
>>44452274
Does it ever give an explanation in Lore as to why it seems that technology progresses super slowly? It seems at just a casual observation that tech advances in small increments in the SW universe. Did it just reached a plateau early on in the Republics history and now it only seems to go through modest changes?
>>
File: ColtFull-SWI125.jpg (408KB, 965x1558px) Image search: [Google]
ColtFull-SWI125.jpg
408KB, 965x1558px
>>44454931

You mean the guys that got turned into a glorified defense force?

Also, too much akimbo pistols in TCW. I guess its because "their jangos clones, so its a dominant gene trait to wanna go at it with a pair of pistols"
>>
>>44455263
yeah, that's about the size of it
>>44455289
>dominant gene trait to wanna go at it with a pair of pistols"
it's one of the Soldier Genes, duh
>>
File: Arcs01.jpg (320KB, 715x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Arcs01.jpg
320KB, 715x1075px
>>44455334
>it's one of the Soldier Genes, duh

Hey, I just think its over-represented. Every piece of ARC trooper art is the same - also, their representation in TCW is almost always the same.

No more Westar Rifles, apparently.

Its effective though. In FFG, dual wielding is the best way to get an extra attack without an Autofire weapon
>>
>>44455263
Technology in Star Wars progresses and regresses because the Galaxy is Huge and it's very often embroiled in conflict. 4000 years ago, Arkanians were capable of turning space slugs into weapons but now, barely anyone knows they exist. In the years leading up to the Clone Wars, technology reached a plateau but there were many significant advances shortly after it started.
>>
>>44455263
Things actually change a lot, it's just the generic visual designs don't change as much as what's underneath.

Plus, KotOR fucked up all sorts of stuff dealing with tech levels. Thanks, BioWare! Tales of the Jedi had notable tech level differences, despite the last arc taking place less than fifty years before KotOR.

Realistically, though, you're looking at a society that's had FTL space travel for at least seven or eight millennia, so things aren't going to change that dramatically.
>>
File: IMG_1236.jpg (111KB, 1190x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1236.jpg
111KB, 1190x900px
>>44452661

>>Jensaraai

>>Bardan Jusik
>>
File: 1450862237459.jpg (45KB, 572x465px) Image search: [Google]
1450862237459.jpg
45KB, 572x465px
>>44455414
>Thanks, BioWare!

Working as intended, send all thanks to George
>>
File: Kyle_Katarn.jpg (671KB, 1232x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Kyle_Katarn.jpg
671KB, 1232x1200px
>>44452274

>>What is your favorite Force Tradition that is not Jedi or Sith?

This seems like there is only one answer to both questions.
>>
>>44455529
Kyle's a Jedi mate. Sure, he indulges his darkness a bit, but he's still a Jedi.
>>
>>44455263

I wouldn't take The Old Republic series as canon for that, where they're basically just the contemporary Star Wars setting but 4000 years earlier. TotJ seem much more likely, that Tech's had some significant advancements since the days of flying dinosaur riders being on par with spacecraft.

That or there's been quite a few Dark Ages in SW history, or tech takes a long while to advance on a galactic scale. Think about having to make all your tech backwards compatible with a dozen previous versions or having to build a huge amount of infrastructure to support your new standard. After all those years, only the most rugged and simple designs or the most revolutionary technology make it through unchanged.
>>
>>44455392
I was just making a metal gear joke

but as for dual-wielding: hey, if you can, why wouldn't you?
>>
>>44455651
>but as for dual-wielding: hey, if you can, why wouldn't you?
Somewhere, someone on /k/ just dropped their mug of cosmoline
>>
File: Hot Jupiter.jpg (2MB, 1728x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Hot Jupiter.jpg
2MB, 1728x1224px
>>44454476

Hot Jupiter. Especially one close enough to its star the atmosphere is slowly being blown away.
>>
File: M1A1 Thompson Alt.jpg (149KB, 740x538px) Image search: [Google]
M1A1 Thompson Alt.jpg
149KB, 740x538px
>>44455651
>if you can, why wouldn't you?

Off the top of my head, range and accuracy is a factor. The best standoff weapon the Clones already have - the DC-15A - it has range, power, and is autofire (apparently) - pistols are for when the enemy is literally in your face, and about to overrun your position, but not so close that your going for the bayonet.

I kinda wish there was more of a WW2 overtone with weapons in TCW, just enough to appease my autism
>DC-15A - main rifle, every clone should have this. (Its an M1 Garand)
>DC-15S - only NCO's and Officers should have this, or special troops (its an M1A1 Thompson)
>DC-15 Pistol - every special trooper should have one, along with every NCO or Officer - dual wielding can be prevalent because of weirdos who have a jango gene thats a bit to dominant
>DC-17 - Clone Commando special gun, enough said
>Westar M5 - ARC Trooper special gun, enough said
>>
File: 18hgrnhor0f63jpg.jpg (68KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
18hgrnhor0f63jpg.jpg
68KB, 800x449px
>>44455289
I guess I mixed up TCW with the cartoon because of your image.

But they were definitely the stars of the cartoon.
>>
>>44455698
>>44455780
I mean, if you have the ability to use two pistols in a pistol situation that's going to be an inherit advantage
using two pistols instead of a rifle is completely nonsensical, though

>>44455780
what's the M1 Carbine, though?
or the BAR?
>>
File: mHum2jO.png (687KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mHum2jO.png
687KB, 600x600px
>>44455867
>what's the M1 Carbine, though?
Probably the DC-15S, to tell you the truth. Its just everywhere in TCW, and there are not enough 15A's. I guess it bugs me because the 15A is an absolute gorgeous lovely weapon, and Filoni seems not to think so

>or the BAR?
Well, really, the 15A is most like an M14 then it is like an M1.

So probably the 15A is both the M1 and the BAR
>>
File: toaster.png (3MB, 2880x1200px) Image search: [Google]
toaster.png
3MB, 2880x1200px
>>44454476
Black holes, nebulas, neutron stars-
Most of it shits out fucking insane amounts of radiation, so your sensors would probably get smoked to the point everything is a target.
Course, not having ray shields might make for glowing bones after awhile too...

Gravitational sheers that happen when two large objects are near each other on a close could be interesting too, literally a tidal effect throwing shit everywhere.

If you want to just fuck everyone's shit up- big solar flares.
They make an EMP effect look like a firecracker.
>>
>>44455289
I think Filoni just has a fetish for it Obi-Wan's daughter uses them too
>>
File: long range shot.webm (3MB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
long range shot.webm
3MB, 600x375px
>>44455922
>and Filoni seems not to think so

I dunno, it showed up in Rebels.

Also, finally saw TFA, I can return to these threads without fear.
>>
>>44456081

Nowadays you just have aggressive and caustic shitposting to worry about.
>>
>>44456121
I'm fairly certain it's the same two or three individuals doing it, and hopefully they're schoolkids who will disappear once the spring semester starts.
>>
File: Death Blossom.webm (1MB, 1176x500px) Image search: [Google]
Death Blossom.webm
1MB, 1176x500px
>>44456121

But we've always had that.
>>
>>44456258

That's a neat trick.
>>
>>44456280

Does IG-88 have a waist that could pull off that move?
>>
>>44456258
Trust me when I say it's been much, much worse over the past week or so than it has been in months, even accounting for Kreiafags and Sithposters.4
>>
>>44456312
>IG-88
He'd probably be spinning at a point closer to the sternum looking at the model
>>
>>44456323
Honestly I'd take Roshposting over the intense TFA skub
>>
File: 1362276914067.jpg (53KB, 600x383px) Image search: [Google]
1362276914067.jpg
53KB, 600x383px
Why is there never any talk about Armada? For one of the most confusing of FFG's games it seems to get radio silence in these threads.
>>
Hey guys, I want to run a campaign in an altered Old Republic setting without a unified Jedi Order. Instead, there would be several smaller orders based on different planets, and a lot more variation between each order and its philosophy.

There would be at least one order for each F&D class; this is what I had in mind so far:

>Arkania: Consular
>Taris: Sentinel
>Lothal: Seeker
>Dantooine: Warrior
>Corellia: Guardian
>Tython: Mystic

No Coruscant, because Revan sacked it; the Republic is at war with his Sith Empire. The players would be Jedi from various temples comng together to carry out missions against the Empire and grow their skills. What do you think?

I honestly want to make the Sith Empire a different faction and have Revan be a militant Grey Jedi leading his own faction but I'm afraid I'd get crucified.
>>
>>44456362
I can't get into it, just too much of an investment.

That and the metagame is weird.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (871KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
871KB, 250x200px
>>44454031
Also get the falcon and the xwing expantion.

So thought on hondo?
>>
File: 1377428315854.jpg (71KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1377428315854.jpg
71KB, 500x384px
>>44452274
Haven't found any of them particularly interesting. The Breath of Gharj as followed by the Talz is nice in that it all makes wonderfuly metaphorical sense (the exhalation of Gharj is the dark side, easy to stand in the way of and let it just wash over you but stagnant and unfulfilling, the inhalation is the light side, harder to grasp but obviously bereft of any mouth stank and thus more fulfilling, but you need both inhalation and exhalation to survive), but the whole grey-ness of it just makes it ultimately boring.

Actually, Kylo Ren, next movie pending. I really like how much of a fucking sociopath he seems to be, and he actually shows weaknesses (such as training his force powers to the extent he's neglected his lightsaber, and thus is fucking awful at using it) rather than being oh so good at everything he picks up because Force.
>>
>>44456433
I would crucify you anyday anon.
>>
>>44456362
>one of the most confusing of FFG's games
>$100 base price
Basically this, Imperial Assault suffers from the same cost investment (both are $100 and not easily pirateable like the RPG), however Assault is generally more popular due to it's theme and ability to be played as a skirmish game or and RPG in a box. Also probably easier to learn.
>>
>>44456362

X-Wing got popular because X-WINGS and TIE FIGHTERS! You can play with your favorite starfighters! It's also a bit older than Armada.

But there's nothing stopping you. I might one of these days, those ships do look enticing, and playing fleet commander does sound fun. X-Wing seems more approachable, though, as you just need a few fighters on each side to duke it out.
>>
>>44456468
>So thought on hondo?

He's a magnificent bastard, and as such, is one of the best side-characters in TCW
>>
>>44456436
Yup, the investment is much bigger. I mean I get that the models are bigger, and the starter set has so much more physical stuff crammed in with all the squadrons and shit, but then you look at the price of a standard list in X-Wing compared to Armada and it's easily a $100+ difference.

Doesn't even seem to be much of a meta at the moment though, my local scene is still floundering around what works. The only thing that seems to be strong so far is kitting the fuck out of Home One, as an Imperial player I still can't decide how to build a list to counter the damn thing.
>>
>>44456433
Actually seems like a pretty sweet setting, provided your players are all down to play those classes. Having 4 Jedi with a lore heavy backstory and a random Bounty Hunter might be weird
>>
>>44456541

Hondo's Flarestar for X-Wing when, FFG? Or whatever he flies in Rebels?
>>
>>44456533
Nothing did stop me, I dropped a good $300 into it just yesterday. It's far more enjoyable than I'd imagined, but yeah I jumped in the previous thread to talk lists and got nothing, then I thought about how minimal mentions I've seen of it on here.
>>
File: Washup Hondo.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Washup Hondo.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>44456468

Seeing him all washed up, still trying to desperately cling to his glory days in Rebels made me sad, but seems like a logical/fitting path for him. He never would've quit the Pirate's life while the quitting was good.
>>
>Want to run Star Wars game
>Remember all the systems suck donkey dick

I might as well use GURPS since that'd be tolerable for it.
>>
>>44456628
Please explain.
>>
>>44456668
They all suck for playing. Either they're d20, use old as fuck mechanics, or are using the same terrible shit as WFRP 3e
>>
>>44456362
>too complicated for the kids
>to expensive to splash into compared to X-Wing.
I like the way it handles, but I've got a Gothic group to scratch that itch locally.
>>
File: flarestar shuttle.png (686KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
flarestar shuttle.png
686KB, 1280x544px
>>44456572
Flarestars and the other Weequay base-ships are fucking cool.
Literally put a tractor beam on one, stick a medical bay in there, dress in lycra and spend your days probing the inhabitants of the galaxy
>>
>>44455030
both that and the thing you noted, honestly

even then, he's kicking Rey's ass until the dumbass tells her "hey, if you used the force you'd be a lot better at this"
>>
>>44456825

Flarestar: the Most "Ayyy LMAO" Ship in the Galaxy.
>>
>>44453106

The Clone Wars showed that the CIS also had a Parliament.

There's a Separatist Parliament and a Separatist Council. The Council has the leader assholes you saw in Revenge of the Sith, the ones who holed up on Mustafar, but the Parliament actually was allowed to believe they mattered.

Whether or not they actually DID matter, the CIS would have lost a lot of steam if systems started pulling out because they wanted to reconcile with the Republic.
>>
>>44456511
>>44456564
I feel so conflicted!
>>
File: guardsman_stare.jpg (27KB, 450x418px) Image search: [Google]
guardsman_stare.jpg
27KB, 450x418px
>>44456688

>old as fuck mechanics
>implying age makes mechanics bad

D6s roll the same now as they did back in the 80s, anon. Dice don't become obsolete. This is the stupidest excuse for not playing a system I have ever seen.

On top of that: you could run D6, and you're suggesting running GURPS INSTEAD? They're practically the same damn game, except GURPS forces you to do way more work. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? How hard DID that mule kick you when you were 4?
>>
File: probing time.gif (1MB, 360x142px) Image search: [Google]
probing time.gif
1MB, 360x142px
>>44456874
Bound to be endless adventure!
>>
>>44457171

Have everyone play Duros to help fit in with the style.
>>
>>44456362
I just got back home from another tuesday Armada night at the game center. It's picking up steam now that the meta feels much more flexible than in wave 1 and all that. We had like 8 or 9 games that night between all different players at once, but yes it's sadly more niche than X-Wing thanks to how complicated the rules can be and the price investment. I have a blast playing it though, more fun than X-Wing even if I get to play it less. Just had a slugging match between 2 Imperial Class's and 2 MC80s. Was playing the MC80s and just barely lost. We both managed to reduce ourselves to 1 hull left on our last ship. Sadly without being able to finish him off, victor was assured for him by the fact that my MC80 that died was the target ship in the Advanced Gunnery objective.
>>
Been replaying KOTOR recently, got me thinking.

If an equivalent star wars single player crpg was made, using a modified set of existing tabletop rules as KOTOR was, what rules would be used and what time period would it be set in?

While the FFG rules are competent and new enough, they're so narrative and GM based I feel they wouldn't be conducive to a crpg. Maybe dnd 5e, but again they're really loose. One good thing about 3.pf was that since there were so many numbers, the numbers could be applied to most anything and still work...

As for setting, maybe prequel era? As much as I didn't like the movies, aesthetically I liked the settings and the political fuckery would be better for that kind of game than what was supposedly an action adventure movie. Maybe pre-prequels to avoid any plot conflict.
>>
>>44457330
What was the general gist of his list? I've been thinking about wanting to do two ISDs and a Gladiator, but kitting them all out to be effective leaves no room for squadrons or anything and I was kind of wanting to use Boba purely for the niggling damage potential, and of course some anti-squadron. Do many players in your scene make use of squadrons?
>>
So, read an article just now which summarizes a couple useful things from the novelization - which is actually canon to the whole thing.

In the novel Phasma jobs because they have Chewie threaten to fucking CRUSH HER SHIT.

Snoke is apparently older than the entire movie series, having "seen the empire rise and fall", so some version of Darth Plagueis could be true. He also apparently deliberately picked Ben Solo to turn.

Leia is at least Old Ben levels of Force strong, she feels Hosnian destroyed.

Ren seems to know something about Rey she doesn't, talking like he knows shit about her. Possibly more Snoke long-con? Also he definitely DOESN'T get what he wants out of stabbing Han, it just makes him feel even shittier - possibly another reason why he ultimately loses.
>>
>>44456688
>Old=Bad

You're impressively stupid.
>>
>>44457374
>Leia is at least Old Ben levels of Force strong, she feels Hosnian destroyed.

You don't really need to be strong for that, just attuned enough to the Force.

I kinda hope they go for the Plagueis thing.

I still think the Knights of Ren are dumb.
>>
>>44457374
Do you learn any more about Buster Sword Ren, his band of merry Ren, and also Kylo?
>>
>>44456081
Anyone else think of this?
>>
I now understand why people don't trust wikis
There's alot of stuff they consider part of the ''Legends'' but are actualy Canon via Clone Wars
>>
>>44457374
I still can't get over the fact his name is Ben. Luke named his kid Ben because Obi-Wan helped him a ton. Han knew him for a few hours and Leia never met him at all. If they'd named him Anakin, it would have made a lot more sense. Maybe even mention the whole "redeem the name" thing.
>>
>>44457370
In wave 1 the only squadrons you'd see were Rhymer balls. Wave 2 sees a lot more now. I've not seen a list since wave 2 started that didn't invest at least 50 points in squadrons.

His list ran 2 Imperial-II Classes. Avenger was one of his. It was outfitted for kinda a one-two punch system where one would blue crit me to exhaust my tokens while Avenger took advantage of that. His squadrons was howlrunner, two generic ties, and 2 generic tie advanced. It was built to be small and keep squadrons from full on harassing him.
>>
>>44457525
TCW is, like the films, odd in that it technically counts as both Legends and canon.
>>
>>44456541
He is don conage is star wars and so awesome.

>>44456572
Agreed scum need this in the next wave as a large ship
>>
>>44457525
Got any examples? Wookiepedia is pretty faithful most of the time.
>>
>>44453988
Well the OT can all be independent of eachother and still be amazing.
>>
>>44457551
Oh yeah, I tried out the blue crit thingo last game and it was neat, but I fucked myself over with my ship positioning and flying. Still want to use this Gladiator since I bought the expansion for it, but fuck me if fitting it into a list isn't hard as balls when I don't want to use a Victory since they feel so damn lackluster. Seems like I should go with Boba and a TIE Advanced escort party just for that anti-squadron though.
>>
>>44457523
Probably intentional.
>>
>>44456258

>dat filename.

I like the cut of your jib annon.
>>
>>44457543
If I were a guessing man, I would pin it on Ben being the person who is responsible for the two coming together in the first place.
>>
>>44457525

It's because they haven't fully updated it yet.

When the Legends split was announced, Wookieepedia threw a huge shitfit and eventually made token canon articles for stuff, but Legends remained the default.

A few weeks ago, they finally made canon articles the default, but the articles remain mostly token efforts, while the Legends articles have had literally years of editing, fact-checking, and other maintenance.

The Wook will catch up, now that they finally pulled their autistic heads out of their asses and started putting some actual work into the canon articles. It'll just take time.
>>
>>44457523
Exactly
>>
>>44457584
Mandalorians as a whole are considered Legends
>>
>>44457543
Ben saved Leia from Anakin
Twice
>>
>>44457619
One thing I should mention is to pick your objectives well. One trick imperials are doing lately is minefield to draw a line cutting the board in half or worse. The more cramped, the better the position they're in. You can semi replicate this by putting your terrain in such a way that really cramps 1 part of the board.
>>
>>44457543

Maybe Han and Leia didn't know what to name him and they asked Luke and he was like "name him Ben".
>>
So whats the point of making Jango not a mandalorian?
>>
>>44457708
We just did our first two games ever so didn't bother to use objectives, but I'll keep that in mind thanks.

>The more cramped, the better the position they're in
What do you mean? I would have thought with the massive ISD's jetting around I'd want more open spaces, I find that way I can angle them just right to keep my forward arcs on the opponent.
>>
File: FettClubpic.jpg (108KB, 689x503px) Image search: [Google]
FettClubpic.jpg
108KB, 689x503px
>>44457751

Because way back in the day Fett originally started out as a dude in stolen/savaged Mandalorian armor, back when the Mandalorians were just an extinct legend.

Whats the point of making him an actual Mandalorian?
>>
>>44457751
He wasn't one to begin with? That's the whole point. He had barely any ties to them outside of like one comic, which isn't canon anymore obviously.

You'll note that nowhere in the movies are either of the Fetts referred to as being Mandalorians.
>>
>>44457751

What was the point of making either Jango or Boba Mandalorians to begin with? It's not like inventing an entire culture based around mindless murder and lolsorandumb warmongering in any way gives either of those characters a more meaningful and interesting backstory than they would have otherwise.
>>
>>44457751

The logic, as I understand it, is that if he's the product of this culture that's all supercommandos, that makes the culture special but makes Jango fairly typical.

By making him this bounty hunter who managed to get his hands on Mandalorian armor somehow or other, they give his origins more mystery and also free themselves up to rework Mandalore and the Mandalorians.

Before Attack of the Clones, Boba Fett just had Mandalorian armor, but was never supposed to have been an actual Mandalorian. Making the Fetts Mandos was an EU thing that happened after AOTC.
>>
>>44457751
What are you even talking about? Jango wore a stolen set of their armour, followed Mandalorian ideals and copied their fighting style but he was never Deathwatch or anything.
>>
>>44457807
>>44457833

It makes those stories about Boba being a mando make sense
>>
>>44457864
But Boba isn't a Mandalorian, he just copies after his "father" because of dead daddy issues.
>>
>>44457619
Gladiators are fantastic. Slap engine techs on em, one of the many great upgrades for black dice, and while you may not be able to expect them to live they'll bring on a train of hurt. Demolisher is one of the best titles in the game letting you do one of your attacks after you move.

>>44457756
You want to create an open space that they'll be forced to set up in because the other space is too cramped. That forward arc is as good as the time it takes them to get to your backside, but if you create a space so cramped they have to charge strait at you, then balls in your court. One of my opponents created a minefield that would make me deploy far left or far right, or else eat a lot of mines. Wherever I ended up setting up, he created a wall of 3 victory classes that would basically always have eyes on me.
>>
File: Kast.jpg (1MB, 1190x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Kast.jpg
1MB, 1190x1100px
>>44457864

What about the stories from before those stories where he wasn't an Mando?

Or the ones after?

Fett's backstory has been rewritten so many times its not funny.
>>
>>44457849
The Fetts aren't Mandalorians in the new canon. Not a single thing they are in refers to them as Mandalorians, with the only references to Mandalorians in official Databank articles and encyclopedia pages being directed at their armor, not at them. They're just bounty hunters wearing Mandalorian armor.

>>44457864
But Boba wasn't a Mando until after they decided that Jango was going to be one. Like Jango, Boba being a Mandalorian is a retcon. Before that, he was just a bounty hunter wearing their armor.
>>
>>44457897

To the point where Timothy Zann just wrote that Imperials were constantly cloning new "Booba" Fetts that went off, got killed, and had different origins in their head.

No idea why, maybe the Imperials just thought it was funny?
>>
>>44457864

Except the stories from before AOTC was released had Boba Fett as a man who acquired Mando armor but was not a Mando himself.

After AOTC, comics and the Republic Commando novels made Jango Fett a Mandalorian, and then Karen Traviss just ran off on her huge ass Mando wankfest that made everything ridiculous. Making Jango a Mando of course makes Boba a Mando too, since they're clones, but the movies never established that they were Mandalorians.

Then The Clone Wars came out and George Lucas apparently decided Karen Traviss could go fuck herself and the horse she rode in on. And there was much rejoicing.
>>
>>44457882
Yeah I had that in mind, I mean the Gladiator comes with a bunch of cards that all seem ideal to chuck on it. This was something rough I'd put together, just ignore objectives since I only chucked them in there so I could save and share the list.

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=5467

>Wherever I ended up setting up, he created a wall of 3 victory classes that would basically always have eyes on me
Oh, that sounds neato. I still don't like the Victory, but that'll work all the same for an Imperial or two.
>>
>>44457920
They never were Mandalorians though? Jango just did his own thing and Boba just copied after him.
>>
>>44457961
They are Mandalorians in Legends, due to a pileup of retcons. Boba Fett even ends up becoming Mandalore.

They are not Mandalorians in canon.
>>
>>44457982
So you (or whoever originally posted) is bootybothered because they retconned a bunch of retcons? When all other media never shows anything of them being Mandalorian? Seriously, there's grognard and then there's grognard autismo.
>>
>>44457683
When?
>>
>>44458031

Welcome to the long, illustrious history of Star Wars Expanded Universe - going strong since Novelization 1.
>>
>>44458031
Pretty much, yes.
>>
File: Imperialknights.jpg (187KB, 477x651px) Image search: [Google]
Imperialknights.jpg
187KB, 477x651px
Imperial Knights. Especially that qt in the middle.

For Jedi? Kyle Katarn. The most pragmatic fucker out there who actually gets shit done instead of meditating with his thumb up his ass. For Sith I have to go with Vectivus because he's the only one that actually lived to a ripe old age and still maintained a semblence of power.
>>
>>44458031
>>44458080
Started with nothing, went back to nothing.
Same as it ever was.
>>
>>44457929
Eh, I like some of the Mandalorian stuff. Traviss's early stuff is a good foundation, but you're better off ignoring a good chunk of it.
>>
>>44458031
So for a limited ammo weapon(like say the fiver pistol which has limited ammo 5), you still have infinite shots just you have to stop to reload every X shots? or just make sure you have extra reloads on you so you have infinite shots and just spend the maneuver to reload when you have to?
>>
File: 1445852220784.jpg (97KB, 615x829px) Image search: [Google]
1445852220784.jpg
97KB, 615x829px
>>44458092
>Kyle Katarn

Shit taste. I bet you have a self-identifying gray Jedi character.
>>
>>44458124
whoops. didn't mean to quote someone when i asked the question
>>
>>44458092
Sidious was in his Eighties when he died.
>>
>>44458124
>or just make sure you have extra reloads on you
Yes, that. Extra reloads are inexpensive though and the GM can always allow people to scavenge for some in rooms or on bodies, even just grab them straight up from armouries.
>>
>>44458130
Katarn isn't a Grey Jedi, dumbass.
>>
>>44458170
Did I say he was? Thinking you might want to get your reading comprehension looked at.
>>
>>44457945
Yeah, start playing with objectives some time. They add a lot of depth to the game as a prime component rather than just a bonus thing. For example, my 4 corevettes 1 ass frig list love fleet ambush because it puts one juicy ship right in the middle of the board where I can just circle or Opening Salvo because I have 5 whole ships to benefit from it where as most people run 3.

As for the list, it's pretty neat but a couple suggestions. Overload pulse should go on the ship that's not Devastator. The crit effects takes place after the damage so it needs one ship to set it up, then Devastator cashes in on it. Screed can guarantee the overload pulse goes off but otherwise Motti is a good admiral to consider too if you're not too reliant on that crit effect going off.
>>
Is it me or did TFA turn Sandtroopers into Sargeants?

Also is Phasma really a merc or was that pulled out of some anon's ass
>>
>>44458204
Sandtroopers were never really a thing. That was always a sargeant's identifier.

And no, Phasma isn't a merc.
>>
>>44458185
Consider the fact people often mislabel Katarn as a Grey Jedi and your post linked the two concepts.
>>
>>44458204

I think the idea that the paldron was also for certain ranked soldiers has been in legends for a while. IIRC, there's a couple of different colors, like red and black for them so it's likely a rank denotation for something else.

>Also is Phasma really a merc or was that pulled out of some anon's ass

No, she a real captain. In fact I heard her armor is chrome because it's forged from one of Sheev's own Naboo ships. And even if THAT ain't true, imma still believe it.
>>
>>44458231
Consider the fact that this is exactly what I was doing. Linking the two concepts. Lumping the two together.

Never called Katarn a gray Jedi.
>>
>>44458243
>No, she a real captain. In fact I heard her armor is chrome because it's forged from one of Sheev's own Naboo ships. And even if THAT ain't true, imma still believe it.
Comes right out of the visual guide to the force awakens
>>
Anyone else think it's funny that Emperor Roan Fel from the Legacy Era is descended from Han Solo?
>>
>>44458268

Swag.

Even dead, Sheev is still rollin' in the bitches.
>>
>>44458249
So, you were just being an ass? Gotcha.
>>
File: ui6z640.jpg (70KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
ui6z640.jpg
70KB, 880x880px
>>44458291
Took you long enough.
>>
>>44458204
>>44458228
>>44458243

They establish them as ranking officers. When deployed in military actions, they usually leave off rank identifiers so people can't snipe up the chain of command. When deployed for civilian roundup actions and intimidation actions, they display it to both intimidate the locals and to keep their own guys in line with an extra ranking reminder to behave.

This is easily established when Red-Pauldron-Guy orders FN-2187 in line. It's also an excellent example of how you can simply and easily establish a scenery detail as having meaning in a simple throwaway line, something they forget many more times throughout the movie.

>>44458285

Technically, this time the bitch is rollin' in him.
>>
>>44458046
When she was an infant and on the death star
>>
>>44458268
What's so special about the Kinky Silver Armor?
>>
>>44458334
It's a reference to he Game of Thrones Character
>>
>>44458329
... Was this in Force Unleashed?
>>
>>44458358
...no
In episodes 3 & 4
>>
>>44458355
Did Brienne ever wear super shiny plate?
>>
>>44458358
He's talking about RotS and ANH.

Obi-Wan wasn't involved in the story for TFU, only one of the DLCs.
>>
>>44458334

Chromium. As valuable as gold in Star Wars, maybe more. Possibly has extra resistance to blasters for some reason, and is also a favored decorative element for nobles, especially Naboo nobility.

Also to set herself apart from the PVC-wearing white armored stormtrooper rank-and-file.
>>
>>44458268
>>44458243
>>44458328
Eh that's what I always tought

It reminded me of when I was in the army cadets, our officers and staff always had armbands with their rank when we were doing sports or when we dressed as civies
>>
>>44458197
Cool cool, I just had Screed because both the Overload and Concussion Missiles use crits to activate.
>>
>>44458392

And, by extension via the novel, Wookies can beat up ships with their bare hands!

Not really, but they threaten to have chewie crush Phasma and when she's like "nuh-uh" he's able to give it enough of the ol' College try to make her rethink her decision.
>>
>>44458373
I read that as when she was an infant on the Death Star.

I really doubt the first one counts, seeing as she wasn't even sapient then. Second one barely counts as she only saw him get cut down. She doesn't have a real connection with Ben like Luke did.
>>
>Rey kept an old Rebel flight helmet she found during one of her first scavengings at the Graveyard. The helmet belonged to Captain Dosmit Ræh of the Tierfon Yellow Aces. Rey would make up stories about who Ræh was and what planet she might have come from.

>Ræh
>Rey

Rey confirmed for pseudonym?
>>
>>44458429
Yeah, I meant separate occasions

But there's at least 50 years of Leia's life outside of what's shown in the films for her to be told or discover the significance of those events.
>>
>>44458418

Well, her armor isn't exactly as thick as a ship's plating, even if it stole its chromium from it.

But I wouldn't bet against the odds of an angry wookie against even that. I propose an old, tried and true strategy; let's not count on the wookie not winning.

>>44458460

It's more than likely. She's also mentioned as not having a last name on purpose. They're going to do something with her involving her character's backstory.
>>
>>44458376
Nah her vallaryan steel blade
>>
File: Ello Asty.jpg (94KB, 740x940px) Image search: [Google]
Ello Asty.jpg
94KB, 740x940px
>>44458418
>Not really, but they threaten to have chewie crush Phasma and when she's like "nuh-uh" he's able to give it enough of the ol' College try to make her rethink her decision.

Honesty I was a bit surprised at Phasma being willing to lower the shields, I figured she would've been a die-hard who'd rather die.

But maybe she was (over) confident in the FO's ability to repell an attack even without the shield and would rather save her own hide.

Also, having just seen it tonight. RIP this guy. I had high hopes for you, but you were less than a Biggs.

>>44458460

Watching Rey sit there with her scavenged helmet on, watching some ship leave the planet and no doubt imaging all sorts of childish space adventures was a touching little scene.
>>
>>44458464
>>44458429
Also, she knew of him well enough even before episode 4 to send him the death star plans. So I guess he sacrificed himself to help save the whole galaxy. That's good enough to name your kid after
>>
>>44458490
That was black and red with gold trim and rubies. Not really related.
>>
>>44458490

It, too, was made of Sheev's old stuff.

Fuck, everyone's just wandering around collecting dead-people's junk and adding a whole lot of significance to it.
>>
Does anyone else want to play in a game set on an isolated planet with powerful force users running around like crazy? Dathomir style.
>>
>>44458488
So she's probably either Kira Solo or Kira Skywalker.
>>
File: Biggs Darklighter.jpg (32KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Biggs Darklighter.jpg
32KB, 960x540px
>>44458496
>less than a Biggs.

Oh shit, I just realized he has the same (or at least very similar) pattern on his helmet. I should've seen that coming then!
>>
>>44458516
What.
>>
>>44458488
>>44458496
I wonder if she left that little knit X-Wing pilot behind when she fled Jakku with Finn and BB-8.

Poor little Lieutenant, left behind by his superior officer.
>>
>>44458520
RIP in peace ablative wingmen
>>
>>44458410
Yeah, he's a good choice. Just another option. I figured with zero squadrons, you might like a little extra defense. Squads are gaining popularity among my crowd.
>>
>>44458496
>ship leave the planet and no doubt imaging all sorts of childish space adventures was a touching little scene.
I actually really just want some scenes with rey and finn doing cute, slightly childish things that they missed out on together
>>
>>44458532

Just being an idiot, pay no heed.

Still, there is a whole lot of significance added to a bunch of dead people's stuff in this movie.

>>44458541

Luke's running out of friends and family to die in his place. He's going to have to make a lot of new ones fast or he's toast. You saw what happened to him when he had no buddies around to help him.
>>
>>44458496

I think it to me suggests a couple of things about Phasma and the FO.

But even Hux evacuated when shit went south, I think among other things the First Order actually learned from the Empire's mistakes.
>>
>>44458520
too much pottery for any one man to recognize it all
>>
>>44458537

Well, I doubt she had time to go back to camp to pick up her things.

I kinda want to borrow Jakku's whole horribly depressing and desperate scavenger society and use it on Ord Mantell or something during an FFG game.
>>
>>44458496
I thought he would be a cool character in the vein of nien nunb, not a lot of screen time but you knew who he was and what he did. He's even a pretty good named T-70 pilot in X-Wing! But hen he died all I could feel was no damage.
>>
>>44458543
Well I mean for now I don't have that second ISD, so I'll actually have to work out a second list of ISD, VSD and GSD (goddammit I don't like Victories though) and pad it out with squadrons, and I guess I'll test the waters of my local scene to see how heavily squadrons are used.
>>
File: Bullhead.jpg (140KB, 464x340px) Image search: [Google]
Bullhead.jpg
140KB, 464x340px
>>44458580
>But hen he died all I could feel was no damage.

Yeah, it was a kinda lame death too, he's just all "I'm hit!" and careens into the wall. Oh well, at least he gave us another cool looking alien race.
>>
>>44458580
Actual Nien Nunb was still there though. And Ackbar
>>
Any theories on Snoke and Episode IX's boss battle ?
>>
>>44458605
Fairly certain we see another of his species elsewhere in the movie, too.
>>
Anyone noticed the 2 bothans in The Force Awakens ?
>>
File: let it go.jpg (75KB, 700x379px) Image search: [Google]
let it go.jpg
75KB, 700x379px
>>44458577
NO! She carries it around all the time! She didn't leave Lieutenant behind! Don't do this to me, I didn't ask for this feel!

>captcha is teddy bear in box alone on couch
I hate you, captcha.
>>
>>44458580

Hopefully Tierfon qt and Recon McGee will be interesting.
>>
>>44458624
Turns out the hologram was entirely accurate. Snoke really is a 50 foot tall colossus.
>>
>>44458496
>>44458605
>>44458580

I also liked the look of him, at least, and his gruff and curt way of speaking. I am going to be using him in XWM, though, he looks like he's got a neat ability.
But in the end, all we're left with is a direct hit, with no damage.
>>
>>44458537
>>44458577
>>44458640
whelp.
y'all have officially inspired me; I'm a gonna have a few more drinks and write a little fanfic thing about fin and rey taking a trip back to jakku to pick up her things
>>
>>44458664
What? I thought he was confirmed to be 7 feet.
>>
File: snooker.jpg (94KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
snooker.jpg
94KB, 620x372px
>>44458624
forecast predicts force lightning while looking like a spooky wizard
>>
>>44458664

Huh. Wasn't expecting that. Probably should have examined the fine print on that hologram projector. Turns out the placard reads "actual size."

>>44458677

Now she can decorate the Falcon's dashboard with her stuff.
>>
>>44458635
Two other times
There was one in the village at the beginning, and an old senator one
>>
>>44458677

Too bad other scavengers probably looted her place once they realized she was missing.

I mean shit, some scavs went for one of those FO TIEs seconds after it crashes when Finn shoots it down. Those people are fucking desperate. Doubt Niima Outpost getting shot up did much to improve their life.
>>
Does anyone have the Force and Destiny adventure pdf? Or any of the FaD books.
>>
>>44458688

>Now she can decorate the Falcon's dashboard with her stuff.

The Falcon gets a little dancin' Twi'Lek girl doll.

It already has the fuzzy dice riding shotgun

>>44458624

Old Man Luke will come out, throw off his robe... and challenge Snoke to an old fashioned Arm Wrestle.
>>
>>44458714

That mechanical hand probably nets him an unfair advantage.

Also the Force.
>>
>>44458714
"Look at those guns!"
"Our forces can't repel firepower of that magnitude!"
>>
>>44458730

That's why he throws off the robe, to show off that even though he was a hermit, it was still getting swole. Snoke can take his pick of arms.
>>
>>44458688
I feel like finn would become really big on accumulating stuff, after a life of NO PERSONAL ITEMS TROOPER
>>44458706
from how bad the FO rekt the place where she traded, I'm not sure if there'd be anybody left who'd actually know where that *was*
>I mean shit, some scavs went for one of those FO TIEs seconds after it crashes when Finn shoots it down. Those people are fucking desperate
to be fair, I feel like the salvage from a brand-new just shot down TIE is gonna be way ahead better than thirty-year-old scavenged-out wrecks
>>
Apparently, Kylo is the "Master of the Knights of Ren" not the "Last of the Knights of Ren".

Does this mean we're going to have a bunch of other Darksiders show up in 8 and 9?
>>
>>44458743
>even though he was a hermit
>even though
thirty years alone, with only one proper hand
>>
>>44458761

Well, it'd be an interesting contrast. Down to two actively practicing Jedi (probably) vs a whole knightly order of Dark Side adepts.
>>
>>44458711
The beginner adventure is fairly straightforward, but I dont actually think its in the OP. The FaD core book is in there in the second link, and if you go to the FaD beginner game page of FFGs website they have a free 40 page adventure pdf that continues where the beginner game left off. They also have two other premade character sheets there.
>>
>>44458761
Didn't he have some gangster knights of ren with him in that force vision?
>>
>>44458754
>to be fair, I feel like the salvage from a brand-new just shot down TIE is gonna be way ahead better than thirty-year-old scavenged-out wrecks

Undoubtedly, but its pretty dangerous too. I mean, the crashed SpecOps TIE exploded after sinking into the sand (that was pretty odd, but I think I remember Rey saying something to BB-8 about avoiding a quicksand region?)
>>
>>44458706
yeah, I know
I was thinking that they get there and all that's left are the X-wing helmet and doll, which were left behind as being totally worthless
but not to her
>>
>>44458791
Yeah, they must have crashed in the quicksand area
>>
>>44458743
>>44458765
I wonder if they're going to put Mark Hamill through a fitness regiment to make him swole enough.
>>
File: Yevetha.jpg (38KB, 250x600px) Image search: [Google]
Yevetha.jpg
38KB, 250x600px
Your next BBEG is now a Yevethan Sith lord with lightsaber dew claws.
>>
File: p035s090.jpg (35KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
p035s090.jpg
35KB, 624x351px
>>44458761
yeah it's the guys in pic related

Star Wars' Akatsuki
There's even a guy with huge sword
>>
>>44458791
yeah, she was talking about how there was this quicksand horrorshow region, and the TIE disappearing was definitely that bit being checkov'd
also, I feel like it exploded from the power supply being crushed by the quicksand rather than as a aftereffect of the crash
>>44458811
they already did, bro
>>
What is /swg/'s opinion on "the sickness". I've been farting around the wiki looking at a various lot of things and I keep seeing somethings about zombie shit.

I don't know if I like this idea or hate it, it feels like zombification shouldn't be a thing, but with the dark side and fucking around with life and altering life, it could fit in.
>>
>>44458827
Really? He's fit now?
>>
File: 7sKn7Be.png (1MB, 1917x817px) Image search: [Google]
7sKn7Be.png
1MB, 1917x817px
>>44458823
better pic
>>
>>44458761
>>44458823

Who knows if those guys were Force Users or not. Kylo looked like the only one with a lightsaber. It probably just means we have a half-dozen named character badguys who are part of this cult and Snoke just decided a Force User would make a great centerpiece to the whole outfit.

Probably each one is some sort of fighter of dubious morals and devotion that specializes in their own fighting style and weapon, each one probably having slaughtered their own kin to get into that clique, as per ritual.
>>
>>44458823

Except the Akatsuki are actually kind've cool in their own right.

What kind of pushover pussy would follow Kylo Ren?
>>
>>44458838
no, he's just not fat now
>>
Anyone have the Keeping the Peace FaD sourcebook for Guardians? Would you be willing to scan your copy?
>>
>>44458801
>>44458706
>>44458754

Well, Alien Simon Pegg will probably be pissed she took his ship, so they do probably raid her place - but would have little use for her shit.

I'm kind of hoping he'll come back to collect the Falcon, and then Chewie can rip his arms off.
>>
>>44458835
I honestly don't mind the zombies. What was really dumb though was how it was sentient.

If you fluff it solely as a product of Sith Alchemy that reanimates the dead into rotting killing machines, it can make for an interesting story.
>>
>>44458835

There's a few versions. Imperials fucked around with the Blackwing virus or something. It's implied that it was made from a horrible monstrosity that is the reason why the unknown regions are cutoff from regular space by hyperspace turbulence. But that's all legends.

There's also the Rakghoul plague from The Old Republic series, but it's also legends.

Canon has Geonosis brain worms.
>>
>>44458823
>>44458843
I really hope they don't all show up suddenly. Luke having killed most of them off would make sense.
>>
>>44453678

Ren wants the easy way to power. Yoda says in Empire that the Dark side is quicker, and easier, and says that Vader took the easy way. Ren lacks the discipline and patience to follow the Light side, which fits in perfectly with him being the son of the quintessential rogue, Han. Despite this, we still see him talking to the mask of Vader, saying he feels the pull of the Light, and for Vader to once again show him the power of the Dark Side.

He despises his own weakness. I can easily imagine him finding out that he's Force sensitive, and turning up at Luke's training camp expecting to be a bad ass ninja monk in a couple of montage sessions. Instead Luke's going on about feeling the connection between all things, how a Jedi never uses the Force to attack, only to defend, and teaching his pupils to levitate rocks. You can just see the son of Han getting tired with trying to clear his mind and asking Luke why they're not learning the moves that let him take down Vader. Emotion floods in and frustration pushes Ren away.

Personally I found his character to be one of the strongest parts of the movie. He plays "angsty teen who wants power but lacks discipline" 10 times better than Anakin ever did. The fact that he's not just "evil McBad Dude" but instead has a real inner conflict, and a goal, made him feel like a much more fleshed out character.
>>
>>44458904
I really hope they don't make luke all pacifistic in the next one.
>>
>>44458884
That was Simon Pegg?
>>
>>44458582
If you want something cool to do with the victory that you can't do with other ships, try Warlord and H9 Turbolasers. 2 decent upgrades on their own, together it turns your squadron fire into a sprinkler system that's a guaranteed 1 damage to everything in your arc. That only works though if you have the victory class stand alone.
>>
>>44458706
>The Great Lieutenant Heist

>The trading outpost has been slowly rebuilt, it took Unkar Plutt a long time to lock things down again, a lot of beatings and a few scavengers starved to death before people remembered how things worked around here.
>The influx of new salvage from the First Order attack hadn't lasted very long and now the dregs were back to the same old garbage they'd been bringing in for thirty years. Someone had even been desperate enough to ransack Rey's old shelter.
>"An old pilot helmet, a broken power converter, and a child's doll? THAT'S what you bring me? GET OUT OF HERE"
>The little thing scampered away in fear, not even gathering the junk that'd been piled on his counter. He swept it in and dumped it in the corner, grumbling the whole time.

>And it might have ended there, the evidence of Rey's old life buried and forgotten in a trading hut on the back end of beyond.
>Might have, if Luke Skywalker hadn't noticed that his new student didn't seem to have a particular hangup that appeared when she settled in to sleep.
>The calm and peaceful darkness of the Temple in the night had long settled around them when Luke finally put out his first feeler.
>"Is something wrong? Are you worried about your friend?"
>A rustling from the other pallet and her presence in the Force told him she'd heard his question.
>"Well," she said after a long time, "I... can't explain how I know, but I know that Finn is alright now."
>Luke grinned in the darkness. "That's good, you are becoming more open to the Force now. If you want, we can go visit him, allay your fears and his as well."
>The silence from the other side of their camp told him this wasn't the right answer.
>"It's not that...." Rey said hesitantly. "I just..... I forgot something. From.... from home."
(more)
>>
>>44458884

>I'm kind of hoping he'll come back to collect the Falcon, and then Chewie can rip his arms off.
>This literally happens in the novel
>>
>>44458930

That was Simon Pegg, in a rubber suit.

Also, the Storm trooper Rey mind tricks into freeing her (and dropping his blaster too!) was Daniel Craig.
>>
>>44458944

How much extra stuff is in the novelization?
>>
>>44458961

Who is apparently listed in some locales as "JB-007"
>>
>>44458973

Goddamnit.
>>
>>44458904
I want them to all show up, minus kylo and luke to go all video related on their asses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lme7A_WR5VQ
>>
>>44458944
>>44458884
>Unhappy about Rey's taking theMillennium Falcon, he followed her toMaz Kanata's castleand confronted her, along with a group of his thugs. There, he assaulted her physically and tried to get the ship back, but the commotion he made caught the attention of theWookieeChewbacca. When Chewbacca indicated that he would fight him if he did not release Rey, Plutt laughed it off, wondering what a lone Wookiee could do against him and his thugs. Chewbacca demonstrated succinctly why it wasn't wise to upset a Wookiee by ripping off one of Plutt's arms.

I think I'm going to take a look at the novel.
>>
>>44458969

Well, in addition to some additional details elaborated on for example with >>44457374 Wookieepedia lists five big scenes, an opener where Leia sends Poe to Jakku, another seen with (still) FN-2187 where the other troopers think his weapon has jammed (hence Phasma asking for inspection), Leia sending the one chick who very prominently gets blown up on Hosnian Prime to warn the Senate, the scene where Poe survives and gets off Jakku, and another scene as Maz Kenata's where Plutt shows up to steal Rey and BB-8, but Chewie jumps in and rips his arm off. This is apparently where Rey learns her gun has a safety and how to work it.
>>
>>44458943
>Now Luke was silent for a while. "When I first left my home, I only had the clothes on my back. My family was dead, my home destroyed.... I even had to sell my speeder just to book passage of Tatooine."
>Rey rolled over in the darkness, fully facing the dim figure of the Jedi Master.
>"Did you ever go back?"
>Luke sighed. "Once, some years later. It was less painful then, but it still hurt. I know it will always hurt."
>He was silent for a time.
>"What did you leave behind?"
>"You're going to laugh...," Rey said, sounding embarassed.

>"General!" The signal operator called. "It's a message from Master Skywalker!"
>Leia about-faced instantly and advanced on the poor man. "What? Why wasn't I told of this immediately?"
>"We just received it, ma'am," he stammered.
>"Well what does it say?"
>The operator looked between her and his console, clearly confused by the message he was conveying before replying. "He says, 'If you need me, I've taken Rey on a damn-fool idealistic crusade to Jakku. Hope to see you soon. Luke.'"
>Leia stared at him, baffled. "What the hell does that mean?"
>The signal operator shrugged.
More
>>
>>44458929

They pretty much have to castrate Luke to make way for their Strong Female Lead. Otherwise the rest of the movies are just about Luke butchering stormtroopers and crushing the first order all by his lonesome.
>>
File: Chewie Preview 3.jpg (263KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Chewie Preview 3.jpg
263KB, 900x1366px
>>44459026
>>44459031

Wow, Chewie finally actually rips an arm off.

I always kinda figured Han was bullshitting and Chewie just played smug to go along with it. (though I'm sure he's quite capable of ripping arms off)
>>
>>44459050
Yeah. But I really fucking hope they don't.

Because Luke going nuclear on dark side goons would make for a really interesting movie.
>>
>>44458893
I like the rakghoul plague. I like how it turns people into a legion of mindless servants through one sith lord controller and it is spread like the bubonic plague. When you give it a hivemind I like that, when it's just a mass of mindless idiots who want to eat flesh and do generic zombie shit, it's like why? You got this sci fi setting with basically what could be called as almost magic, and you choose to put just mindless flesh eating zombies in there.

Now lets ask another question.
/swg/ do you prefer legends or what is canon now?

Personally I prefer legends.
>>
>>44459074
Remove vong
>>
>>44459074

Legends has a whole lot of terrible to it, even if it has a whole lot of good. I like Canon and how it's cherrypicking the good parts from legends now, or at least acknowledging a lot of content that, if not still canon wholly, is still in some way a part of Canon.
>>
>>44459074
I prefer PARTS of Legends. There's a truly obscene amount of shit in the EU but some things are worth reading.

The NuCanon is OK. They need to explain a lot more shit though.
>>
>>44459074
Legends has a lot of bullshit. Canon doesn't have enough yet to pass judgement on, but should be pretty good in the short term. But don't worry 10 years from now they well be identically terrible.
>>
File: DarksaberConstruction-TEC.jpg (440KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
DarksaberConstruction-TEC.jpg
440KB, 800x1066px
>>44459074

Nu Canon. At least until or if they equal the worst lows of the EU.
>>
>>44459072

They'd have to have gotten Quentin Tarantino instead of J.J.

Would've been fucking awesome.
>>
Talking about EU
What are the Highs and Lows of the EU ?
I only thing I got into was the Legacy comics
>>
>>44459074
Long before mouse or any hint of this new movie, I like only part of the eu. The old republic stuff and the novels about all the cantina guys were ok, but anything that went past the end of RotJ was just horrible. The Vong were just so... not star wars in my opinion. I basically considered all of that stuff not canon in my headcanon anyway, so I was super happy when they reset everything.
>>
>>44459145
What if Tarantino had been the writer for TFU?
>>
File: mythoughtsonthesubject.jpg (78KB, 432x394px) Image search: [Google]
mythoughtsonthesubject.jpg
78KB, 432x394px
>>44459170
>The old republic stuff and the novels about all the cantina guys were ok
holy shit i have never heard anyone say anything this wrong.
>>
Amy suggestions on how to use TFA content for RPGs?
>>
>>44459161

Highs;

Dark Empire
Courtship of Princess Leia
Jedi Academy trilogy
Thrawn trilogy
Black Fleet Crisis trilogy
Rogue Squadron series

Lows:
The Crystal Star
Everything written after 1998 or so.
>>
>>44459161
Some Highs: Thrawn Trilogy, X-Wing Series, Jedi Apprentice, Young Jedi Knights, KOTOR.

Some Lows: The Yuuzhan Vong and everything that follows.
>>
Alright, so you guys who like the whole idea of the new canon. Would you like to see some of the old canon be incorporated into the story?

Like for instance, a lot of people are trying to theorize that snoke is plagueis. Now it can be feasible that this whole connection happens, but not without incorporating legends stuff into the story. With the study of midi-chlorians and the theory that plagueis developed that he could input his mind that is preserved through midi-chlorians into another mind and live through them.

Or would you rather them just make new shit and incorporate the baseline of star wars and add new flavors?
>>
>>44459198
They won't ever mention midi-cholrians again in the films
>>
Who are the jews of Star Wars? Muuns? Neimoidians? Toydorians? Wookiees? Yuuzhan Vong?
>>
>>44459049
>Niima Outpost was booming, at least by their standards. Someone had managed to find a wholly untouched Star Destroyer deep in the quicksand sea and the host of new salvage was putting food on the table for quite a few scavengers.
>Unkar was even beginning to think he might venture a smile at some point in his busy day if he could fit it in, that's how good things were going.
>From the scrubbing station came a shout of surprise. Unkar finally took notice of it when many more wretches had taken up the cry and were pointing out at a shape moving towards the camp. A shape coming from Rey's old camp...
>A look at his enforcers got them to ready their weapons and form a loose perimeter around the outpost. No one had any illusions that they were there to do do anything but protect Unkar and his merchandise.
>Gradually, the shape revolved itself into a distinctive shape, the familiar asymmetry of a Corellian light freighter.
>"HEY!" Unkar shouted. "THAT'S MY SHIP!" That little thief had the audacity to come BACK?
>When the Millenium Falcon was close enough, it set down daintily. The first person off the ship wasn't the little brat, but an unfamiliar white-haired man in robes. There was the suggestion of Rey's desert garb at the top of the ramp as well as some very hairy legs.
>"What is your business here?" Shouted one of the guards, raising his blaster threateningly.
>The old man grinned, completely unconcerned with the weapon pointed at him.
>"I've come for something that belongs to a friend of mine. Maybe you've seen it, a small doll about yea big," he made a gesture with his hands to indicate, "and she'd like it back."
>The guards were silent for a tense moment, before they threw back their heads and howled in laughter. Still in his shack, Unkar felt uneasy. Something about that man was sparking a memory...
>"Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated," the old man continued.
More
>>
>droids cannot hold rank
Racism in the old(new?) republic, how shameful.

I still don't know ho I feel about tor.

>>44459221
ain't it hutts?
>>
>>44459198
No Midi-Chlorians. Just say that Plagueis survived Sidious's assassination attempt which is where he got that big scar on his face from.
>>
>>44459198
>>44459239

I don't want Snoke to be Plagueis.

I don't know WHAT I want Snoke to be, but I don't want him to be Plagueis.
>>
>>44459161
Highs:
Thrawn Trilogy
Han Solo Adventures (they're honestly just great space pulp)
X-wing series
Hand Of Thrawn Duology
Tales Of The Bounty Hunters
I have some frond memories of the Young Jedi Knghts and Young Obi-wan stuff from when I was a kid, but I haven't read since.

Lows:
crystal star
pretty much everything chronologically taking place after ~22 ABY
the clone wars comic
>>44459186
I've been thinking a bit, and I think that you could basically turn the plot of TFA into an adventure set in the legends canon with a moderate degree of adjustments
>>
>>44459198

From what we've seen so far, I would wager that Disney will keep anything which smacks of EU far, far away from the films. They'll keep it mostly mainstream - Star Destroyers, X-wings, TIE Fighters. Storm Troopers getting shot. Lightsabers clashing. Nothing to scare away the unwashed masses.

We'll see them explore the EU in spinoffs like Rebels. That's where the meat is going to be, and from a certain point of view that's how it always was.
>>
>>44459074
I prefer Legends. Much bigger universe, and in some ways more realistic in terms of overall worldbuilding (in most cases... there are some exceptions) In Legends, the Empire fights on for at least 20 more years. In New Canon it magically surrenders in 1 year after Endor. It's dumb.
>>
>>44459221
Muuns are Swiss, Neimodians are Japanese. Toydarians would probably count, but their culture actually emphasizes charity.
>>
File: 1293081531533.png (177KB, 320x462px) Image search: [Google]
1293081531533.png
177KB, 320x462px
>>44459228
I think we all know what's about to happen
>>
>>44459161
Highs:

Barloz
VCX-350
YG-4210
YT-2000

Lows:
YT-2400
Tie uglies
>>
>>44459244
Why not?
>>
>>44459125

What the fuck is that?
>>
>>44459273

Because I'd like to think Palpatine is capable of properly killing his master.

I actually kinda want Snoke to be something other than Palp/Vader style Sith. Again, I dunno what but something new, something different (or maybe something far older? Afterall, Luke was apparently hanging out at THE first Jedi Temple (ruins)).
>>
>>44459161
For me?

Highs:
KOTOR series (Games, comics etc)
NJO
Legacy Comics
Thrawn Trilogy
X-Wing Series

Lows:
LOTF
FOTJ (especially the dumb as fuck Abeloth/Celestials shit)
Dark Empire
>>
File: Crix_Madine-LotDS.jpg (99KB, 1199x895px) Image search: [Google]
Crix_Madine-LotDS.jpg
99KB, 1199x895px
>>44459295

The Darksaber. Basicallya shoddily built cut-down-to-bare-essentials Deathstar Superlaser built by a Hutt because he wanted to go into extorionism on a Planetary scale.

Named Dark Saber because he thought it looked like a Lightsaber and thought himself a comedian.

Also, the book that killed Crix Madine like a fucking chump.
>>
File: 1279622845284.jpg (64KB, 467x660px) Image search: [Google]
1279622845284.jpg
64KB, 467x660px
>>44459273

Not him, but I'd rather all Sith be extinct. Sith are overdone like crazy.

Time to put them to bed and move on to new things

>>44459297

Also, in my own headcanon, Plagueis doesn't fucking exist, and never did. He was a honeypot story that Sheev made up to sucker in Anakin.

What a fucking coincidence that Anakin is worried about Padme dying, and there just happens to be this one sith who knows how to stop people from dying, and he just happens to be Sheev's master.

Yeah, sure.
>>
>>44459295
Imagine a Hutt got his hands on the plans for the Death Star's superlaser and decides to build it. Honestly, not that bad of an idea for a Plot, but the book itself is just AWFUL.
>>
>>44459196
>>44459170
>>44459248

Speaking as someone who has never read anything much about the Vong, except that they're some kind of race from outside the galaxy who terraform stuff, what's their deal exactly? Why are they so hated?
>>
>>44459228
>The head enforcer, coming down from his amusement, gestured towards the man. "Get him."

>The actual fight was too quick to see, and anyway all that movement threw up too much sand to get a good look. But when the cloud finally settled, only the old man was standing and around him was a pile of groaning bodies.
>"That was actually very unhelpful," the man said without concern. "You could have at least said you didn't know."
>Then the old man turned his attention to the ramp of the ship.
>"I think you'd better come out, Rey. You know these people, maybe you can get a better answer."
>And Unkar saw her, she looked much more well-fed now. And she held herself with none of the desperation of a scavenger. She held herself like... a Jedi Knight. And that's when it clicked who the old man must be. Clearly he wasn't a legend, especially not if he'd done THAT to his guards with nothing but his bare hands.
>Rey and Skywalker picked their way around the outpost, but each person they approached shrank away. Once, Rey might have been among them, but now their reluctance and fear of involvement were hindering her.
>As she made her circuit, she was very careful to avoid looking at Unkar's shack, even deliberately looking at the ground in front of her when her path took her towards it as she wandered.
>But none of the inhabitants would answer her question, not even to point in some random direction and hope she started walking, so finally he was forced to approach the dealer.
>Rey strode up the the counter with none of her usual hesitance, in fact she strolled right up as if she owned the place. And if Skywalker was helping her, she might as well have.
>"Unkar," she said, coldly polite.
>"Rey," he returned.
>"You ransacked my place."
>"You stole my ship."
More
>>
File: 1284815630674.jpg (36KB, 318x398px) Image search: [Google]
1284815630674.jpg
36KB, 318x398px
>>44459329

They embrace pain, worship gods of pain, all their tech is bio organic, and they dress like BDSM fetishists.

Oh, and did I mention that they wear bugs, love pain, hate everyone, and are completly immune to the Force?

Oh yeah, and their assholes to boot
>>
>>44459329
People hate them because they changed the status quo in the EU when they arrived. That said, it's mostly just an averse reaction to change. I always thought they were a cool plot element, although like so many things in the EU their quality depends on the author.
>>
>>44459329
Basically, take Slaaneshi Cultists, make them all immune to the Force, give them all lightsaber resistant Armor and weapons, then set them loose in the Star Wars Universe.
>>
>>
File: TAnderson-RebelYWing.jpg (212KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
TAnderson-RebelYWing.jpg
212KB, 667x1000px
>>44459381
>>
>>44459329
Imagine if someone wrote a Star Wars/40K crossover and it was published.

I was 12 years old when I discovered the Vong and I thought they were shit then.
>>
File: 1449716243056.jpg (2MB, 1453x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1449716243056.jpg
2MB, 1453x2000px
>>44459329

pic related
>>
>>44459161
Highs:
>Wraith Squadron
>Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy
>Dark Empire
>Shatterpoint
>Thrawn trilogy
>RotS novelisation

Lows:
>First half of the NJO (second half is acceptable, mostly Traitor and the Riina arc)
>LotF/FotJ
>Legacy
>TOR
>>
>>44458693
Also another pilot in the groupshot after the pilots return to dqar
>>
>>44459429
That makes one that didn't die
>>
>>44459381
>>44459393
So, what's the technical difference?
>>
File: 1445860995718.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1445860995718.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>>44459423
>LotF

I read about half of these books. Mostly for Traviss and Allston.

I get why people hated the Traviss books.

But really, why did people hate the Allston books?

Really, what was the issue with LotF anyway?
>>
>>44459322
Source on pic?
>>
>>44459420

And now its Chewie who is the survivor in new canon.
>>
>>44459437
Did the one in the village die? Or do you mean Lor's village at the very beginning? I thought you were talking about the one in line behind Rey when she's getting her portion. Either way that's like 3-4. I definitely noticed more of these guys than any of the other new aliens.
>>
>>44459031
Is the novel canon?
>>
>>44459450
Different spaceframe sizes and turret layouts. The Rebellion-era Y-wings also come in single-seat variants (the ones at Yavin). Legends-wise, the Wook also gave them slightly different stats for minor things like cargo capacity.
>>
>>44459353
>Now Skywalker butted in. "Actually, I'll have to argue with you on that. Even with your 'modifications' to the transponders and computer, you never actually wiped the previous data. And I checked the black market listing and Han Solo never actually sold his ship to anybody, so-"
>"Who gives a damn about that drek? *I* had it so it's MY ship!" Unkar roared.
>Skywalker smiled serenely. "I just thought I'd bring that up."
>The two stared at each other before Rey broke in again. "I know you have my things. I want the doll back."
>"A doll?" Unkar said disbelievingly. "You came back in MY ship, had a myth tie knots with MY men, and disrupted MY business for a DOLL?"
>"Yes." She said simply.
>"You're crazy."
>Skywalker, who hadn't stopped smiling, allowed his expression to become more predatory. "Yes we are. Would you like to see what else two crazy people do when they don't get what they want?"
>Unkar gaped at the blatant threat. Skywalker raised an eyebrow.
>"Alright, alright!" He conceded. "I'll get you the damn doll! Then you take your crazy Jedi and you go away and don't come back."
>"Even in 'your' ship?" Skywalker asked, lightly.
>"Shut up," Unkar muttered, turning away from the counter to rummage through the accumulated detritus of his little hut.
>He found the thing at the bottom of a pile in a corner along with a beat up pilot's helmet.
>"Here," he said, shoving them through the slot. "Here's your stupid doll. And a helmet as extra incentive to get out of here."
>"This is MY helmet!" Rey squawked in outrage as she gathered them up.
>But Skywalker cut across her. "Why thank you, and to show you what crazy people do when they DO get what they want, here is a gift."
>The thing he placed on the counter would have gotten any scavenger an entire month's ration on the spot.
>"Is that..." Unkar breathed.
>"Yes. Mint condition. Thank you for your time. Let's go, Rey."
>As they made their way to the Falcon, Unkar could hear their voices drifting over.
More
>>
>>44459454
People got upset that their childhood husbando Jacen didn't become a Chris Avellone style grey jedi. It's safe to ignore them.
>>
>>44459463
I meant at the very beginning. They were all killed
>>
File: Y-Wing comparison.jpg (141KB, 1076x738px) Image search: [Google]
Y-Wing comparison.jpg
141KB, 1076x738px
>>44459479

Based on old lineart the Rebellion might've cut up the wing spars and repositioned things too. But maybe its just stylistic differences and they're *meant* to be identical.
>>
>>44459454
I don't think that most of the folks here (at least those who don't GRR HATE EVERYTHING) really HATED the allston books. they certainly hated the series overall
but I always saw it as allston doing the best he could with a shit premise. those books were probably the best out of the shit sandwich that was the series, but even AA couldn't save LoTF
>>
File: 1401579610054.jpg (1MB, 1000x1570px) Image search: [Google]
1401579610054.jpg
1MB, 1000x1570px
>>44459514

I dunno. I mean, its not like the three authors didn't cooperate. I remember reading Traviss posts, that they would routinely eat out together (the three authors) and work out plot and story.

Everyone has this idea that Traviss pulled the whole series down with her mando crush
>>
>>44459546
frankly, I would lay most of the responsibility for the shit parts on denning. he made traviss kill her #2 husbindo, after all
I don't hate her at all for her part in the series, really.
from what's been mentioned in posts and interviews, it's mostly bugfucker denning's ideas that dragged everything to hell

daala as pellaeon's secret ally? joint decision, actually makes tons of sense

daala as EVIL TOP PRESIDENT OF EVERYTHING? denning, after the face
>>
>>44459454
Jacen Solo becomes a Sith Lord, and starts the SECOND Galactic Civil War, tortures Luke's son to try and get him to fall to the Dark Side and kills Luke's wife. Also features Jaina Solo going to Boba Fett and asking him to teach her how to fight so she can kill Jacen.

It was just as bad as the Yuuzhan Vong. Fate of the Jedi was also really shit, but at least it had a really fucking interesting concept in that the Black Holes that formed the Maw had been moved into their places to form a prison for an immensely powerful Dark Side entity.

... Oh Fuck, is Abeloth CANON!? The Father, Daughter, and Son are.
>>
>>44459481
>"I'm glad that's over. I'm getting to old for this sort of thing," Skywalker said.
>"What?" Rey shot back. "But you took them out without breaking a sweat. I never managed that!"
>"Oh, a few years ago, I'd have been able to do it without even raising the top layer of sand. Just getting old, I guess."
>"Could you teach me how to do that?"
>Skywalker waved vaguely. "Oh sure, it's not hard. Just takes practice. So what's his name?"
>Her head tilted in confusion. "I'm sorry?"
>"Your doll, I assume he has a name. I had a stuffed Bantha I named Banthy when I was a boy."
>Rey snorted. "Banthy?"
>"I was five years old."
>"Banthy," she repeated incredulously.
>Skywalker threw his hands up. "What kind of student are you? I certainly didn't teach you this blatant disrespect for your elders."
>She laughed lightly and he joined her. Rey looked down at the handmade X-Wing pilot in her hands.
>"Lieutenant. His name is Lieutenant."
>Skywalker nodded sagely. "Ah, a rookie pilot, huh? I'd say he's been on a few tours of duty by now though."
>"Fifteen years," she replied.
>"Hmm, well then I think he's overdue for a promotion."
>"A promotion?"
>"Sure," Skywalker said, easily warming to his topic. "Fifteen years of active service and he's still a Lieutenant? That pilot should be a General by now with everything he's gotten you through." He paused a moment. "I used to know a General like that myself once. I wonder how he's doing these days."
>And that was the last of their conversation Unkar could catch becuase it was then that they ascended the ramp of the Millenium Falcon and took off. He doubted he'd ever see them again.
>Good riddance.

>The beleaguered signal operator received another cryptic message shortly after.
>'Most glorious quest successful. Will be there soon. Heard from Wedge recently?'

Finite.

Thank you for reading, this has been questanon insomnia theater. I was the one having the feels earlier and now I did something about it.
>>
>>44459589
didn't know it was you quest
pretty good. maybe rework it a bit and toss it on FF.net to tide people over for the next round of HS:JK
also, we're deep in the autosage, up for some pain train?
>>
>>44459589
What's he place on the table?
>>
>>44459579

>Jaina Solo going to Boba Fett and asking him to teach her how to fight so she can kill Jacen

I dunno man. I honestly don't remember the specifics, since its been a while since I read those books - and I fully admit the mando love was a bit strong (I didn't think so at the time, because I was a mando weeb) - but I rationalize it this way...

Jaina was mostly a great pilot, right? And while was a good fighter, she and Jacen always shared a deep connection because twins and the force. To me, its makes sense from a perspective that, learning how to fight in a more gritty way is not who she is, and not something Jacen would expect\be prepared for. It would give her an edge.

That makes sense, doesn't it?
>>
I despise many things about the EU, but Centerpoint Station isn't one of them. It can move stars and blackholes around. That's AWESOME.
>>
>>44459606
No, I need to sleep.
HS:JK, I was on a roll this past week. Then some drama llama happened and basically I am like three paragraphs from the end of the cave scene and then the pace of writing should pick up again.

I could honestly post a bunch of the stuff I write out here to other places, but I'm lazy and I want to update the main story before I throw up my side projects. At least I'm writing SOMETHING, I guess.

>>44459607
Nothing bigger than a breadbox. Whatever you want.
An MTG rare
>>
>>44459579

Maybe it's because I didn't read Legacy of the Force(to avoid the Traviss) but I really enjoyed Fate of the Jedi, with some exceptions.

It didn't have as strong a coherent end plot, but it had a lot of fun Star Wars adventures in it.
>>
>>44459637
Well, now I'm imagining a Chromium plated Dildo.
>>
>>44459647
I will concede that Luke and Ben's Father-Son Galactic Road Trip was pretty fun. The whole thing about Force Psychosis, politics and Abeloth was really, really dumb
>>
>>44459666
>>44459647
Oh, and the Lost Tribe of the Sith, that was also pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>44459637
yeah, fair enough bud.
sleep well, motherfucker. I've shit to do at 6 so I'm not even bothering; liquor and coffee time it is
but we need to get you do do more pain train, break up the monotony of these threads
>>
>>44459647
I agree, I enjoyed Legacy of the Force. Not turning Vestara after 8 books of character development was absolutely criminal, though.

>>44459666
>>44459675
The only thing that broke my suspension of disbelief was the sith infiltrating coruscant in a couple months.
>>
>>44459322
I believe sheev is a fucking bum of an apprentice. He just wanted power, and didn't really fulfill the heritage of what his predecessors did which was the search for immortality.

As soon as he learned all he could when it was to power, he wasted plagueis and didn't bother to learn anything about the life giving parts of midi-chlorians or anything else. I believe sheev told the truth of his master, but I believe he couldn't do any of the things his master could do by a long shot, he just told him the potential of the dark side and he could have his master's power.

I mean for fucks sake, sheev broke the rule of two to raise darth maul, and he did a crap job at that. He just turned him into an assassin more than a dark lord. And the whole senate thing was plagueis's idea anyways, and all sheev did was watch it come to fruition.

I'm going to be blunt, sheev I believe is one of the worst sith lords, all he sought was power, and he had nothing to sharpen himself on to become the strongest of the sith. He could have been one of the shittiest siths in the line of sith lords, all he did was hide behind the veil of politics and fight a few times, which he seemed competent enough in.

But I truly believe sheev is a shit and if this was during the old republic, be ripped apart because he was the embodiment of the folly that was the sith empire. Betrayals, and using others to get something better.
>>
>>44459680
fuck, i obviously meant Fate of the Jedi. Looks like i need to sleep more than i thought.
>>
>>44452669
>Darth Marr
who is that, like an Asian Darth Maul?
>>
>>44459675

Lost Tribe of the Sith was a cool concept that I think, had it not been mucked up with Abeloth, could have been fun.

The Force Psychosis lasted about three books longer than it needed to, and it was mind-numbingly infuriating.

The only thing that Abeloth brought us was Christie Golden's latent desire to write tentacle rape.
>>
>>44459680

That was silly. Ideally, how I would have liked to have seen FotJ written is...secret infiltrating Sith/alliances with criminal elements slowly working to depose/assume control of the GA with the Jedi trying to root them out.

Instead we got hand-wavey Abeloth between-books stuff.
>>
File: 3174839-9198388911-31599.jpg (92KB, 500x745px) Image search: [Google]
3174839-9198388911-31599.jpg
92KB, 500x745px
>>44459682
>all he did was hide behind the veil of politics and fight a few times

Well that and simultaneously suppress the power of every other force user in the galaxy...

You seem to only know Palpatine through the prequels. The reason he didn't have to waste time on the immortality thing is that he'd already achieved it.
>>
File: 4293509-3582770816-19945.jpg (83KB, 482x741px) Image search: [Google]
4293509-3582770816-19945.jpg
83KB, 482x741px
>>44459728
>>
>>44459682
Gonna point out that Palpy trained Maul with Plagueis's permission since they needed a decent Warrior to carry out missions for them.
>>
>>44459728
>>44459745
The thing with the Clones and Essence transfer was also pretty bad. It invalidates Vader's redemption.
>>
>>44459770
>It invalidates Vader's redemption.

Not really...
no.
>>
>>44459728
>You seem to only know Palpatine through the prequels.

Because I'm talking in canon context, I'm kind of reaching a bit with the maul context and some plagueis context, but the bottom line is he shows none of the powers that he claimed plagueis had and displayed nothing at all in that sense through canon material except for a fight scene or two in TCW.

If we are going into legends, than yes he was more than competent and a bad ass.

>>44459750
Sheev did it before the okay from plagueis, and at this point when plagueis caught on he just said "You know what, instead of making you kill him and follow the rule of two, we can use him as a chronie. You already put so much work into him it would be a waste."
>>
>>44459790
To be fair, the Rule if Two has been a guideline more than a rule. Even Tenebrous didn't follow it.
>>
>>44457613
Arguable. Would you still say the same of Empire if there were never ANH or RotJ? Or RotJ with no ANH or ESB? The former is a continuation, gives a hefty chunk of lore and advances character arcs, and ends on a down-beat cliffhanger. The latter is a culmination of the story and character arcs of the previous films. Would you still enjoy Empire or Return as much if you had no idea who the characters were before? Could you be content with a film where some random pilot knows telekinesis, is being attacked by some government for who-knows-why, talks to a ghost that lied about his dad for some reason, and ends up ruining things and loses his hand, all while his friends get captured and one gets taken off to some random crime lord and that was all there ever was?

It's easy to take for granted what a majority of us have known for probably a bare minimum of 10-15 years and has been existing for nearly 32 years now. But what I'm saying is, you can't fully argue the merits of how well the movies are going to be both as single films and by themselves right now when you don't know how things are going to continue or end. Because you're comparing it to films where you already have that benefit and have grown up with for a considerable amount of time.
>>
>>44459804
And I mean to be fair, if you have more than one master and one apprentice, you are most likely going to have infighting if at some point soon, if the apprentice doesn't succeed the master.

The only reason it didn't blow up is because it wasn't long after the apprentice would kill the master and that would be the end of more than two. As far as plagueis/sidieous went. I don't know about teneborus, I didn't read much on that.
>>
>>44459790

Serial immortality makes sense as a Palpatine hobby, even in the context of the prequels.

We already know he was deeply involved in cloning projects.
We know that his chief talents and areas of research had to do with manipulation and mind control.
We also know that he tapped deeply enough into the dark side to destroy his body.

Combine the three and Dark Empire starts looking like a very plausible scenario.
>>
>spooky is the last palpy clone
>he's all fucked up looking because he had to escape from luke
I doubt they'll bring that whole idea back, but it would certainly be cute.
>>
Is it true Mandalores won't fight without their leader?
>>
>>44459838
You know, I'm not going to even shoot this down. I hope you are right anon, I hope they follow through and do the whole cloning thing with palpatine.

The only thing I don't like is how his eyes aren't yellow. Maybe he intentionally didn't delve as hard into the darkside to hide from the jedi because of what >>44459857 said.

Plus it would piss off my friend, he said he hated the palpatine clone shit and he thought it was stupid. Then I can shove the fact he said episode 7 was good in his face.
>>
Han and Chewie are pretty well-adjusted for guys who survived a zombie infestation. Chewie especially, considering he was bitten and barely lived.
>>
>>44459867

>mfw I get the joke
>>
>>44459891
The Palpatine Clones ARE shit though.
>>
>>44459945
:]
>>
>>44459949

In what way?
>>
>>44460000
Don't they age super quickly? Also, nice trips and quads. Faggot.
>>
>>44460017

Age super quickly?
You mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1TTN-Ev2KI
>>
>>44460029
I always assumed his mask was broken. Using the Force to mask his appearance, but being in pain or more likely intentionally dropping it so that his "I'm in danger" plead would be more convincing.
>>
New Thread: >>44460032
>>
>>44460040

Could be.
Still, my point stands.
The dark side takes it's toll, and Palpatine goes through bodies like golf balls.
>>
>>44456280
You cheeky dickwaffle.
>>
>>44459050
>>44459072

Allegedly, and this is one of those unconfirmed little rumors, Donnie Yen is being cast in the next episode.
If this is fact, then I can't imagine that guy having a long-winded speaking role being there for very little; This is a man whos hands are there to break things, he's a kung fu badass.

Ergo, my reckoning is that he'll be cast as a sith lord whom Luke has to whip out his light-saber and give the Boba Fett treatment to.
>>
>>44460157

I heard a rumor that Ep8 is going to be 70% flashbacks, that are going to explain kylo rens fall, etc.

If so, I'm disapointed
>>
>>44460196
I can't believe that one.
That would be as insulting as Shyamalan's 'Last Airbender', and I think Abrams has more integrity than that.
>>
>>44458935
>only works though if you have the victory class stand alone
God dammit, no I wasn't planning on buying that since I don't like how mediocre the Victory is. I need to buy a couple of the dice packs and squadron boxes first anyway...It's so hard to buy more shit when every pack costs a good $10+ more than the average X-Wing ship.
>>
>>44459381
That's a much more pleasing look to the Y-Wing, reminds me of the Naboo starfighters.
>>
>>44460687
Abrams isn't directing the next two movies though. Even then Disney wouldn't allow that.
>>
My three lists:

"Epsilon Leader" (19)
"Howlrunner" (18) w/ Push the Limit (3)
Epsilon Squadron Pilot (15)

Total: 100

--

Carnor Jax (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Turr Phennir (25)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Total: 100

--

Carnor Jax (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Total: 96
Thread posts: 464
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.