[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it ever justifiable for a non-dragon to raise a wyrmling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 96190fe26253ed4a5563a2d4d7bc6a72.jpg (502KB, 800x1272px) Image search: [Google]
96190fe26253ed4a5563a2d4d7bc6a72.jpg
502KB, 800x1272px
Is it ever justifiable for a non-dragon to raise a wyrmling?
>>
Depends on the setting.

Fantasy I'm familiar with often has dragon hatchlings that are mostly self-sufficient and don't need to be raised or cared for.
>>
File: bof 3.jpg (196KB, 788x466px) Image search: [Google]
bof 3.jpg
196KB, 788x466px
>>44412602
it tends to work out allright
>>
>>44412602
Yes, though you're basically committing the next two generations of your family to the task until it reaches adulthood
>>
>>44412789
What if you're an elf?
>>
>>44412789
Or a undead?
>>
A character in our game took care of a dragon hatchling because the parents had been killed. They eventually became a competent pair, and known as the heroes of that age.
>>
>>44412602
I suppose it's better than nothing, but I want to know how she got a dragon egg in the first place, and why we haven't heard a word about its parents yet. Very bad implications.
Stealth MLP thread? For shame.
>>
>>44413664
Where's the MLP?
>>
I played an elf once who knew a dragon since he was young.

They first met when the elf was 57 and the dragon was 28 when the dragon ended up devouring a caravan the elf was in and getting his uncle killed. The elf eventually became an adventurer. For literally hundreds of years he and the dragon were at each other's throats, culminating in a battle when the elf was a little more than 650 years old and the dragon had reached the "very old" category.
>>
>>44413685
Twilight raising spike
>>
The Captain of our Crew has a Pet Sea Dragon.

Though it's not exactly a dragon, more like a giant, water spewing turtle.
>>
>>44414605
So now we're not allowed to have anything involving women in skinsuits without it being Totally Spies?

Can't have starfighters without it being Star Fox?

Can't have ancient ruins without it being Torok?

But I guess I know for sure, you can't have /tg/ without pointless bitching
>>
>>44412602
In one of the homebrew settings I've played in, certain orders of paladins would raise captured wyrmlings or eggs to use (a couple of age categories later) as willing (dragons whose natural inclinations couldn't be overcome before they grow to the size of a Charger are killed) mounts, this put them at odds with most civilized nations, who wanted every dragon possible killed.

Dragons who survived to grow too large for use as mounts (very few) are considered vested knights of the order and generally move north to help defend against threats dwelling in the icy wastes and school any young dragons in training (a handful per generation). Seldom do these friendly dragons have sufficient number to find love in the ranks, and seldom do they find wild dragons who will respect them, that they can respect in kind (civilized dragons are considered slaves to men by the wild and wild dragons are considered slaves to their base and animal nature by the civilized dragons), so there are seldom additions to the force from within the force, so tutu speak.
>>
>>44415071
yes
>>
>>44415071
Dafuq is Torok?
>>
>>44412602
Sure. Brainless nob wants a status symbol pet, get wyrmling.
Depending on the setting or mood of the GM, this can be good for him and his family or bad for the entire country.
>>
>>44412739
>nearly all the dragons/wyrmlings are dead
I dunno if that's such a great example.
>>
>>44416052
I meant Turok, wups.
>>
>>44415071
>first spoiler

I remember watching that as a kid.

I was so innocent then.
>>
>>44412602
if we go by D&D, it's a pretty sweet gig as long as it's metallic (and even if it's a more honorable sort of chromatic)
Doesn't eat much as a wyrmling
bro it up
might even help
indebted to your family for literally generations, even if you're an elf
Of course, it might take a generation or two to raise, unless you ARE an elf, but details
>>
You could be a Silverbrow or something and like "don't worry second cousin, I'm here for you"
>>
>>44416627
Yeah well I remember watching captain simian and the space monkeys, but I don't jerk it to chimps in overalls now
>>
>>44412602
Why wouldn't it work?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.