[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw Wil Wheaton and his C-list celebrity friends play this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: dead_of_winter.jpg (742KB, 1384x1383px) Image search: [Google]
dead_of_winter.jpg
742KB, 1384x1383px
I saw Wil Wheaton and his C-list celebrity friends play this and I have to say it looked pretty fun.

Anyone played it? Is it worth it?
>>
It's OK. We have trouble with betrayers being able to do too much damage late game without leaving any evidence whatsoever before (playing completely loyal until last turn)
>>
haven't played it, but i've heard a lot of good things about it.

It's on my short list, but it was narrowly beaten by FFG's warhammer quest as my latest purchase.
>>
zombicide's better
>>
>>44387404
I don't think it necessarily lives up to the hype, but it's still a very fun game. Setup and breakdown is a bit lengthy, and there's a lot of moving parts that new players may take some time to get acquainted to. But once players familiarize themselves with the game, it goes by surprisingly quickly. Almost too quickly, depending on the time limit on the current mission.

I love the concept of the Crossroads cards and how it keeps people whose turn it isn't on playing, but I find that only 30-40% of those cards ever get played due to their conditions. I also agree with >>44387413 that traitors have too much an advantage, as they can sometimes just stumble into their objectives late game, and leave everyone else none the wiser.
>>
It's pretty fun, though from what I remember the same events happen every game. It needs more scenarios and randomness added
>>
>>44387404
I personally didn't enjoy it, while crossroad cards bring "flavor" to the game they don't bring much and will likely affect how you play certain characters to maximize loss/benefit. The frostbite dice is one of the most stupid mechanic I've encountered in my boardgame experience along with the "crisis" cards.
>>
>>44387423
I do enjoy Zombicide but frankly there are too much differences to compare it with Dead of winter. The Traitor aspect is too powerful in the lategame especially if the team had trouble during the mission due to the mission circumstances.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 236x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 236x315px
>>44387404
> C list l celebrity friends

Oh come on OP, they clearly a D.
>>
>>44387404
It's good. Buying it today actually. On sale.
>>
>>44387730
>will likely affect how you play certain characters to maximize loss/benefit
What?
>>
It's good, but the traitor wrecks the game. Ignore it.
>>
>>44387913
Tabletop is just Careers on Life Support Show.

Seeing them at the Battle for Zendikar thing was cringe worthy and sad. I wish they treated their product with a little more professionalism and a little less showmanship.

The distributor cons are the only ones left that aren't shadows of their former selves covered in ads.
>>
>>44388345
Basically certain characters have crossroad events related to places, movements or other character. Some of them are goods other are bad, by knowing what they are you can minimize risk and maximize profit.
>>
>>44388427
You're not supposed to read the crossroads deck ahead of play.
That sort of defeats the object.
the deck's big enough you won't run into too many situations twice anyway.
>>
>>44387404
fucking garbage
>>
>>44387404
>Anyone played it? Is it worth it?
Can't be worse than Titansgrave. I'll never get people who rant and rave about how great the setting is; Even Numenara had more thought put into it.
>>
>>44388541
>Not supposed to read it ahead of time
I didn't but after some games you start running into them again
>>
>>44388401
Make sure that you don't cut yourself on that edge
>>
>>44387413
I fixed this issue by allowing a vote for exile at any time, not just I your turn. So, if betrayers try to eat all the food and stuff the trash, they get kicked before they get further than the first action.
>>
>>44387404
>I (presumably willingly) watched Wil Wheaton
We don't judge or anything, but it really isn't a thing you should be admitting in public.
>>
>>44388541
>the deck's big enough you won't run into too many situations twice anyway.
Someone once asked about getting rid of helpless survivors, and I told him about the "helpless raid the food, what do?" event, one of maybe four I read before the game.

It was the very next card pulled.
>>
>>44387404
I've played a couple times now and rather enjoyed it. Like many games with a bit of a roleplay element your experience is of course somewhat dependent on who you play with.
Overall I found it pretty well balanced with a heck of a lot of replay value.
My biggest complaint is that while the rules are comprehensive and well thought out the rulebook was a hopeless disorganized mess.
>>
>>44387404
It's pretty OK. Probably the best thing I can say about it is that IMO it doesn't have any Big, Glaring Problems assuming you're comfortable with the random factor, which is significant. It's kinda long and kinda fiddly, but it does a good job of being thematic. You want to step into a frozen hellhole swarming with the risen dead, trying to both survive and manage your own particular psychosis? This is a good game. If you want a deep, tactical experience? Maybe less so. There's a lot of information you won't have, making it a game that rewards paranoid prepping for any eventuality and can sometimes smack you down despite your best efforts to do just that.

My best advice is to not play without the hidden objectives/traitor. It's a lackluster (though still difficult) co-op without that, and what really pushes it into decent game category is the juggling of personal goals, group goals, and the threat that somebody might not just be harmlessly trying to maintain both.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.