[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should whips and chains work during combat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

How should whips and chains work during combat?
>>
Erotically.
>>
>>44378699
which system?
>>
>>44378721
any system you want
>>
>>44378699
>nWoD
Whips do 1 bashing per success (pretty low damage) but get +2 dice bonus on snare, disarm, or entangle.
>>
>>44378759
>>44378721
This, but I'd make it 1 lethal damage if its a whip like pic related with barbs/metal bits on the end
>>
File: o-RIHANNA-570.jpg (113KB, 570x803px) Image search: [Google]
o-RIHANNA-570.jpg
113KB, 570x803px
Excite me
>>
>>44378699

Grapples and Binds on a crit or successes >2 or rolls of >1xN where N = an arm or leg hit location's height.
>>
>>44378782
>Get the shit kicked out of you by your boyfriend
>Proceed to write a song about how you enjoy getting the shit kicked out of you

I'm actually starting to think Chris Brown might not be the bad guy here.
>>
>>44381249
He still makes awful music though.
>>
>>44378699
>Sexually frustrated woman in her late 20s/early 30s
>Becomes a ranger
>Favored enemy: Humanoid (male)
>Favored weapon: Whip
>Uses track to find eligible young men
>Discovers a kind and cheerful baker's son in his early 20s
>Using high stealth skills, stalk him until he's isolated and vulnerable
>Flat footed enemy + Favored enemy + Favored weapon = Gigantic bonus to grapple and trip checks
>Sweep his legs out from under him, bind him in chains as he is still dazed and unable to defend himself
>Sling him over your shoulder
>Take him back to your womancave (located in the basement of your father's estate because you totally intended to move out but you never got to it)
>Undress
>Tenderly cuddle up against him in bed
>Lower his defenses with soothing words of flattery
>Undo his chains, wrap your legs around his waist tightly enough to make sure he can't escape
>Kiss him, tell him how lovely he is
>Engage in questionably consentual intercourse
>Smother him with your breasts in the afterglow
>"S-so, I r-r-r-really like you. M-m-maybe w-we could get l-lunch? Or something? I-I mean, I don't care. I mean, you're cute and I like you and stuff and you don't run away from me and stuff..."
>>
File: WallPaper_Abomination_sml.jpg (853KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WallPaper_Abomination_sml.jpg
853KB, 1920x1080px
>>
It's easy in Legends of the Wulin, the Flexible weapon tag can represent all kinds of soft weapon. A chain would likely work as a special weapon, Flexible/Massive for the combination of finesse and heft it'd possess.
>>
>>44381325
I know exactly where to take this next!
Fuck off, you miserable magical realm piss wizard.
>>
>>44381653
Make me, normie
>>
>>44381325
Continue ... Please.
>>
>>44381325
>tfw this will never happen to you.
>>
>>44378699

Poorly.
>>
File: 95.jpg (24KB, 321x240px) Image search: [Google]
95.jpg
24KB, 321x240px
Naturally like this, I can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet.
>>
>>44378699
They get a bonus toward slaying creatures of the night.
>>
File: combat-chain-whip.jpg (54KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
combat-chain-whip.jpg
54KB, 450x450px
>>44378699
Usual leather whips do low damage on a small range(twice of a normal weapon) and give a bonus to maneuvering skills like disarming, tripping and stuff like that.

Now metal chain whips, the big powerhouse of whips, are made of chained metal sections that cause a lot of bashing damage. They could have half the maneuvering bonus of an usual whip, but they pack a punch as good as normal weapons on top of the range bonus. It's not as precise, so depending on the system you can give a small to-hit penalty, but the damage is enough to call it a true weapon of war.

Chains are kind on the extreme side, you lose too much precision for too little gain on burst damage, and most of the time the lack of proper handles reduces the overall bashing power. It's really not good as a ranged or melee weapon. You could treat Chains as a grappling-only weapon, that has low damage and accuracy but confers a good Grapple and Grappling Damage bonus.

I think that's all. The three kinds can be used by wildly different builds and character types, so go ham you sadistic bastard.
>>
>>44378699
Depends, really. Someone fighting a single person wouldn't have too much trouble. If the wipe was enchanted as to do more damage, avoid the user, and to be more durable you could have something.
https://youtu.be/zFiYn1vR6AE?t=53s
>>
>>44386086
whip*
>>
>>44381249
There is bdsm, then there is throwing you out of a moving vehicle then coming back to finish the job.
>>
They shouldn't, there's a reason whips have never been used as weapons.
>>
>>44386615
You are oh so wrong. See >>44385740
>>
>>44386615
I'll take "what is an urumi" for 500.
>>
>>44386647
>>44385740
most of the unusual chinese weapons are self-defence tools not designed for battlefield,

you dont see papper sprays used by modern soldiers

when you want to kill someone you use a sword axe or spear , chain whip is concealable and can give you some space between you and the attacker, its a deterrent and gives you some safe distance before you run away
>>
>>44387681
urumi is only usefull when your enemies dont wear any armour, and even then I'm not sure how much damage they could do before someone would shorten the distance and stab/grapple you
>>
>>44378699
Whips aren't terribly useful as weapons.
They can be used to snag, intimidate or inflict a very painful cut to exposed flesh.
So, low damage weapon, which only can harm in armoured targets or places on targets. Proficient use allows grapples, trips and disarms at greater range, possibly bonus to applicable social interaction. Enchanted whips, with Flame, frost, ect, are just high reach methods of dealing the Enchantment's effects.

Chains are quite different. A common weapon in modern urban situations, can be wrapped around the arm and fist to improve brawl damage and block knife strikes as though one had actual armour. When swung as a longer weapon, they are heavy, unbalanced and unwieldly unless specially made (see the bar whip earlier in the thread). They have decent reach, and could be grapple aids. They would do derpier damage than a flail.

Use of a whip and use of a chain are unrelated in skill set. Both are long and flexible, but that's where it similarities end. Games with distinct weapon proficiencies should not overlap them.

Does op include meteor hammers as chains?
Because that is another can of worms, just like rope darts.
>>
>>44381249
>rough sex and getting mugged are the same thing
>>
File: WGL322.jpg (26KB, 350x406px) Image search: [Google]
WGL322.jpg
26KB, 350x406px
>>44390487
to me rope darts is exactly what it says - a dart attatched to some rope- the thrownig techniques are a little difrent but its mostly a short-range thrown weapon with some grappling/tripping bonuses

2 headed meteor hammers are more like flails than chains while 1 headed are heavier bashing ropedarts

also flying claws - my little nephews favorite kungfu weapon
>>
File: 1110298625521.jpg (21KB, 317x476px) Image search: [Google]
1110298625521.jpg
21KB, 317x476px
against vampires
>>
>>44394155
>studded-leather bike shorts
>>
File: Transforming_Cane.png (382KB, 1920x727px) Image search: [Google]
Transforming_Cane.png
382KB, 1920x727px
>>44394155
How about against vampires?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.