[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warmachine/Hordes General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: img_4961-copy.jpg (159KB, 1232x1080px) Image search: [Google]
img_4961-copy.jpg
159KB, 1232x1080px
Merry Legionmas Edition

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>textuploader <dot> com / ajxmp
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
>https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
>https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
>http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Aug%202015.pdf
Steamroller Rules
>http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
>http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
>http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issu
Your Dudes
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc(embed)
>hordes abridged:http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv(embed)

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

And to all a good blight!
>>
>>44373938
I miss MkI
>>
>>44374272

y tho
>>
Not "Cryxmas" for shame OP
>>
Anyone know if the standard Battlefoam bags fit into overhead storage for air travel?
>>
>>44375015
big planes yes, small planes no.
>>
How about a nice construct heavy warbeast for Skrone to go along with Zaal2?
>>
>>44375754
Zaal2 is a fluff caster, anon. He's not meant to be good.
>>
My house burned down in October along with my Talion army. After emailing and explaining to PP about my dilemma, they sent me a pretty nifty care package.
Everything featured minus the Piper of Ord, Dirty Meg, Gorman, Drake Macbaine, and the Mule/Rover/Nomad is what they sent me.
I picked up the extras a few nights ago from the local game shop.
What i don't have pictures is a PP measuring tape with their logo on it, a colossal medallion, two badges and a pack of warmachine playing cards.
Seriously guys, Privateer Press is an awesome company with the best costumer support I've ever seen.
Seriously can't wait to play again after Christmas!
>>
>>44376044

I dont believe you
>>
>>44376044
Thats cool if they did that
>>
so I'm having a conundrum. for this next masters season I'm unsure what I want to do.

I play legion main and I'm picking up CoC

so heres my problem: I can't decide whether I want to pair vayl1 and lylyth2 to take advantage of adr with our amazing casters, if I want to play pthags with the BB along with someone else to be decided. or if I want to go synth/lucant

I have all the stuff for pvayl/lylyth2 except zuriel.

for the other two I would need to buy the gargantuan/colossal

what should I do?
>>
>>44374303
It was flavorful enough that the fluff bunnies still played the game.

Now no one plays it.The game improved a lot in MKii. Though we did lose a lot playerbase during the end of MKi, its mostly sprung back stronger than ever ..
Granted the breed of player attracted was far more different than that of MKi
>>
How should I expand from the all in one for trolls
>>
>>44378064
UA for krielstone, Mulg, UA for champs and Champion hero solo
>>
>>44377764
Go with pVayl and Lyl2. More straightforward list building and less expensive. They're still damn good casters as well.
>>
Wewt i based denny 3 fi ally, now I just have to wait for the water to dry
>>
File: 1448700838562.jpg (40KB, 400x358px) Image search: [Google]
1448700838562.jpg
40KB, 400x358px
Can someone explain just what the fuck took PP so long to get around to giving us the Vengeance Warjacks? I've been wanting to use the Grolar since I saw it in there, but its only now, two years and another book release later that they've finally given it a release date. For real?
>>
File: deal_with_it_spider.gif (2MB, 428x228px) Image search: [Google]
deal_with_it_spider.gif
2MB, 428x228px
>>44384140
Growing Pains on the plastic front. Growing pains that have been felt for yeaaars.
>>
>>44377764
Don't play an easy mode faction
>>
>>44377878
Confirmed for having never played MK1 bullshit. No sane person is nostalgic for that bullshit. The game is infinitely better off now
>>
>>44384140
Spiffy new plastic that requires new molds and sculpting processes. It's likely their first few kit designs weren't up to participate and weren't released.

It's not like they intentionally kept people waiting.
>>
>>44384600
Yea, for all of it's flaws, Mk2 is still miles ahead of Mk1.

Like, if people think Body and Soul is bullshit, then they've never seen Mk1 bullshit.
>>
>>44373938
Got the very basic Legion starter box, where should I go next? EThag seems kind of good.
>>
>>44384986
Basically whatever you think looks cool. There are no real bad casters in Legion
>>
>>44384986

More heavy kits is always good investment. An Angelius or 2 will see plenty of future use as well.

Shepards and Forsaken are also necessary for managing multiple warbeasts. Maybe a Deathstalker or 2.

Striders, Legionnaires, and Warspears are good infantry to start with.

As said before, there really aren't any bad casters. With another caster and the above collection, you have a good basis. Anything else you get will likely be for specific synergies- like getting a Spawning Vessel + Harriers/Stingers, a Naga Nightlurker + Lylyth 2, or an extra Angelius to go with Vayl.
>>
>>44385274
>>44385333
I have no problems either, but what would be better to play: Infantry Heavy, Balanced, or Monster heavy? I can see myself enjoying the kaiju list the most, but don't want to throw money at something that is difficult to learn with when I am just starting the game.
>>
>>44385540

Depends on the caster. In general, Legion is Warbeast heavy. Most lists will have a combination of Carnivean/Ravagore/Scythean/Angelius/Seraph, maybe a light or two for utility, and a single unit of infantry. The rest of the points will be filled with Shepards/Forsaken, and various solos.

But being generic/adaptable is very important in the beginning. Don't be the guy who buys the models to make an eThagrosh lesser warbeast spam list, or Kallus infantry spam only to find out you don't like it/want to play something else for variety, but spent all your money on a dozen models you'll never use in another list for a while.
>>
>>44385657
I have read all the warlocks and such, but PThags lesser spam confused me. How does that specific tactic work? I know it uses a different theme list but I don't really see where the effectiveness comes in. Certain other gimmick lists, like Ark's pig pile I get where it can win games from, this not so much.
>>
>>44385817

its Ethags lesser spam because his feat allows for his entire battlegroup to make an attack and shredders rabid auto boosts their attack and damage rolls and increases their speed for the feat as well. basically thagrosh gets to take two turns in a row
>>
>>44385817

It's eThags that does the lesser spam, and the key is in his feat, which gives every warbeast in his control area an extra move and attack.

If you have 3 warbeasts, you have 3 extra attacks. 12 warbeasts is 12 extra attacks. On top of the 2 or 3 they already made.

A lesser warbeast costs only 2 points, and has about 13 boxes, so if you have over a dozen of them, they can be hard to remove before they do a lot of damage.
>>
>>44377764
Lucant is great, but seriously don't bother playing CoC if at least one of your casters isn't teir list axis. As for legion lists (I main that as well) lily2 is insaine right now with double croak raiders, so she is a definite. As for pthags vs vayl, I would go for vayl simply because she offers you considerably more options with your playstyle. Thags is gonna be fun with bb, but the list is kind of a one trick pony.
>>
>>44387691

thanks!
>>
I was bought Intercessor Kreoss for Christmas and don't think I have any models that work with him exceptionally well,

Am I gonna have to buy Exeplar Vengers now? Because if I buy those I need to buy the Testament of Menoth as well.
>>
>>44389412
>don't think I have any models that work with him exceptionally well,
Do you have other Protectorate models? If so, you have stuff that can work with him well.

Kreoss3 doesn't really need Vengers. The buff for them is nice, but it shouldn't influence your list construction.
>>
>>44389412

I felt the same way when I started with Kreoss 3. The truth is that he just wants a good combined arms force.

Fire of Salvation, Reckoners, Vanquishers , Repenters, and hell- even Guardians work well with him, since they can get the most out of his movement buff.

Holy Ward doesn't do much for Errants (but do they need THAT much help?), but it helps Daughters and TFG. Zealots don't need buffs, but can benefit from immunity to spells so they're free to throw bombs at +2.

Any of your standard solos work with him too. I like adding Wracks, since he can be a little focus starved.

The key with Kreoss 3 is getting the hang of moving around the battlefield- doing work himself when needed, and cycling those buffs.
>>
File: 1448701076459.jpg (50KB, 458x458px) Image search: [Google]
1448701076459.jpg
50KB, 458x458px
>>44384612
Well at least it was worth it, these things look fucking awesome.
>>
>>44376199
I can provide the receipt they sent me lol
I didn't think it was that hard of a thing to believe to be honest
>>
>>44389937

looks cool, but has less than stellar rules
>>
>>44390094

seeing as every time i have a problem its like the god damn nuremberg trials I dont believe it
>>
>>44374272
I do too.
It's why I only play the RPG now.

Even though MK I had plenty of auto-win bullshit, people knew it was auto-win bullshit. The game is all about knowing every combo nowadays and there are too many goddamn combos to remember.
>>
>>44390464
>Like 90% of models now
>>
>>44390562

The thing I miss the most was the flavorfulness of it and the fact that people self policed that bullshit.

Like I said, MKii had a short drop of old guard players, nearly all of em lost their fluffy lists in the process and suddenly the Wave of git gud guys from Magic were the last straw for most of em.

The end result was undoubtedly better for PP, but I got tired of the game two years after MKii. Everyone just took it so damn seriously.
>>
File: 1450535294839.png (72KB, 559x475px) Image search: [Google]
1450535294839.png
72KB, 559x475px
>>44390717
>The world according to the forums
>Also complete and total bullshit

Don't feed the hivemind anon
>>
>>44391151
I don't think that image works in tg
>>
>>44391151
Not feeding it
Just pointing out the bullshit. This is what I hate about the GGers. Everything has to be the absolute best or it doesn't deserve to exist.

No wonder the game is stagnating. No one wants to do shit that is seen as "non optimal" and on paper that limits a lot of options and kinda funnels into negative play experiences.

We don't have the popularity and ease of entry that Magic has all full throttle all the time I'll s not sustainable... This negativity is killing our game.
>>
>>44391672
it makes some sense since all the individual models require a lot more investment than ready-to-go pieces of cardboard. so when you play something fun and get rekt it feels bad not just because your harebrained idea lost but because you also spent multiple hours assembling and painting stuff.
and why would anyone accept a proxy game? that's not SR legal :^)
>>
>>44390834
Exactly. WarmaHordes has become all competitive, all the time, srs bsns 24/7.
Which is a damn shame.
>>
>>44392023
Don't play with those people?
>>
>>44390472
Ah man I'm sorry to hear that. This is the first time I've ever contacted them for help and that were a joy to work with
>>
>>44390472
Have you made a lot of requests in quick succession? I've had that happen to me after a large purchase of Cryx stuff from the store.

Once I explained the situation and documented the receipt they ended bup sending me all the pieces and a MKii deck as well.
>>
>>44392696
>>44392769

Ive had a lot of weird problems, Ive purchase a lot of stuff, I'm not afraid to contact them when it happens, and I think I get unfortunate with who I communicate with.

When I message them about getting an empty box or a box with the completely wrong product its obvious they don't believe me and will do everything they can to make sure I'm not ripping them off. I've had to ship shit back more than once.

Its been a while since I've contacted the customer service, maybe things have changed since.
>>
>>44390834

Started playing in prime and to me MK1 was a try hard fest with out any sort of real structure.
>>
>>44391672

I own a couple kodiaks, one I kit bashed out of an old kit and a juggy kit. The kodiak has some interesting rules and abilities that are behind the times.

Its fun in a journeyman league where every one has to play with less than optimal shit, you are forced to use everything you got and its got some fun interactions with Butcher. The minute other players are allowed to start min maxing and optimizing their lists is the minute stuff like the kodiak turns to shit.

Its not a fault of the players, the goal is to win and you cant blame them for trying to win. I'm not sure why but PP has this habit of producing models with okay rules and producing models with over the top rules and releasing them in the same book and every one is shocked at what people choose to play.

I wish they would calm it the fuck down and bring this stuff into balance in MK3
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.