[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss the Blood Jaguars.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 16

File: Blood_jaguar.png (1MB, 869x1241px) Image search: [Google]
Blood_jaguar.png
1MB, 869x1241px
I miss the Blood Jaguars.
>>
>>44372007

While that particular piece of art looks pretty badass, most custom chapters make the mistake of hamming it up too much. Seriously, when you've gone more wolfy than Space Wolves, it's too much. Space Sharks aren't shaped like sharks, Mantis Warriors aren't mantises. Why are the Aztec marines literal Aztecs? Why are the scuba marines literally old timey scuba divers?
>>
>>44372039

I think it's more the lack of any non-European themed Chapters in canon. So they go too far the other way to show that these aren't another Chapter themed on white people.
>>
>>44372039
That doesn't really work with the Blood Jaguars. It would only work if the 'jaguar' aspect was overstated, but it isn't.
>>
>>44372039
>Why are the Aztec marines literal Aztecs?
Because they were isolated from the Imperium for goddamn ages, all the original members of the Chapter were dead, and they were increasingly influenced by the native population while they engaged in a horrible battle against Daemonic forces, regressing into a more primitive and faith-driven culture to more effectively combat the temptations and corruption they were faced with?
>>
>>44372088
>Because they were isolated from the Imperium for goddamn ages
>all the original members of the Chapter were dead
>regressing into a more primitive and faith-driven culture

Hmm, that sounds exactly like Carcharodons.

Oh look, they're not sharks.
>>
Kek Pharos confirmed that the Pharos was a tyranid listening post and its destruction is what brought the tyranids to our galaxy - took them 10k years
>>
I miss the Emperor's Nightmare
>>
>>44372202
>Oh look, they're not sharks.
And the Blood Jaguars aren't jaguars.
>>
>>44372202
No, they're polynesians with chainsaw bayonets.
>>
>>44372039
I'm pretty sure they don't ride jaguars to battle, having pretty painted armor isn't hamming it up too much, the only thing not standard is the double edged chainsaw and even that is hardly something too much..
>>
>>44372245
>the Aztec chapter isn't Aztecs

Nice try.
>>
>>44372592
Your avenue for comparison doesn't work.

You've been comparing animal named chapters and saying 'they aren't literally the animals they're named after'.

Blood Jaguars aren't called the Aztec Marines, they're called the Blood Jaguars and they don't overload the animal motif like the Space Wolves do.

A better point of comparison would be the Ultramarines and how they aren't literal Roman Marines except, well, they pretty much are. Meaning in the game of Chapters based on distinct ancient cultures, the Blood Jaguars come out about the same as every other Culture-Themed Chapter.
>>
>>44372007
Miss them how? Working on them?
>>
>>44372782
Seeing new stuff made up about them. I never did create anything.
>>
>>44372215
What?
>>
>>44372039
If you read the original threads, the BJags were hammy, but not because they were space jaguars jaguaring while riding jaguars. They were hammy because of the stupid level of odds stacked against them. We had plants that basically grew grenades at one point.

I miss the bromantic Adepta Amazonas.
>>
File: Oqn0g9Z.png (841KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Oqn0g9Z.png
841KB, 800x1000px
>>44373853
Order of the martyred heart, weren't they?
>>
>>44373899
Badass is what they were
>>
>>44372007
wait i am new to this some one fill me in this seems badass
>>
This coming from an anon who's not really into 40k but it seems wrong somehow for a subgroup of catholic space nazis to be themed after Aztecs, who were pretty literally into the Blood for the Blood God kinda stuff. Wouldn't Aztec marines make more sense as a CSM chapter?
>>
>>44374038
They're disliked for this very reason. That and their affinity for sorcery while lacking the space yiffs license to do whatever. Their only ally is the Faith.
>>
>>44374031
It's a custom chapter.

I've only got just over a year of experience on /tg/ under my belt, but I've heard of the times /tg/ rolled up a space marine chapter, and came up with something great. The Blood Jaguars were when that happened, and an Aztec themed chapter was the result. Look it up on 1d4chan.
>>
>>44372057
>lack of any non-European themed Chapters
whit scars?
also wolves are universal aren't they? same with salamanders and fists
>>
File: Jack the Yeti.png (133KB, 1000x773px) Image search: [Google]
Jack the Yeti.png
133KB, 1000x773px
>>44372007
I miss the Ice Wraiths.

At least the Jaguars got a colored art piece of a Marine.
>>
>>44374031
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Jaguars

>>44374038
iirc, the civilian's sacrifices are part of what drew chaos itself to their planet during the Long Night. The chapter itself has been under close scrutiny by the Inquisition because of sacrificial rumors but were passed. The sacrifices by the chapter itself are few and far between and in explicit reverence of the Sun-Emperor. The BJags are also policed heavily from within against corruption, and the Martyred Hearts (despite their eccentricity) have vouched for the the BJags and also keep a close eye on them.
>>
File: Blood Jaguars Chaplain.png (762KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Jaguars Chaplain.png
762KB, 800x1000px
>>44372619

The only possible exception to going "Overloaded with the animal motif" is their chaplains, and that is ten million percent okay.
>>
>ERMAGERD REMEMBER DIS COOL IDEA!!!!???
Oh wow space marines plus another cultural variation! I'm so fucking excited because slapping some stupid gimmick on marines totally changes their boring fucking mentality and looks.

Instead of more fucking 40k "content" all of this work could have gone into something cooler, like Space Aztecs without fucking 40k all over it.
>>
>>44374038
Your problem is that you're expecting quality from one of /tg/'s projects.
>>
>>44374038

Do you even Space Sharks?

Do you even Flesh Tearers?

Do you even Minotaurs? Or the Relictors?

Or hell, do you even Blood Angels and all their descendants that have a physical NEED to drink blood and be a fucking Vampire, and also end up going insane with the type of rage that makes Khorne's favorite cocksuckers look like mewling babes?
>>
>>44372007
That paint scheme is heretical as fuck. I have no problem with these guys being canon - but they def cant be loyalist looking like that.

Perhaps a rogue chapter terrorizing some backwater system on the fringe. But no fucking way any codex adherent chapter is looking like that.
>>
>>44375613
Who shit in your cereal?
>>
>>44375613
>all of this work could have gone into something cooler, like Space Aztecs without fucking 40k all over it.

So, you are saying that instead of making an interesting if somewhat gimmicky sub-faction / new flavor in a setting that actively encourages that and already has a massive surplus of materials and background information that can be picked apart and made use of, you want us to make a NEW setting entirely based around the idea of a gimmick? Granted it's a cool gimmick, but it's still a fucking gimmick.

I fucking hate 40k, I fucking despise it because of the stupid writers and ungodly awful internal consistency, but god damn son, you are so very fucking upset over something so unimportant.

Let people have their Aztec Spess Muhreens, it's a cool idea that a lot of people can relate to; because a lot of people here play 40k.
>>
>>44372007
Blood Jaguars were cool.

But for me Star Krakens take the spot of best /tg/ oc chapter.
>>
>>44375643

>The fucking paint scheme
>Meanwhile the Fuck-mothering Minotaurs who routinely destroy loyalist space marine chapters, destroy or outright steal incredibly important religious artifacts, and have an Eight-pointed object as their banner, are considered loyal.

The Imperium doesn't give a shit about paint schemes or adornment, you nigger, so long as it isn't fucking Chaos or xenos iconography.

Hell, even the fucking Bird on the BJ's chest is just an Aztec'd up aquila.
>>
Dislike 40k and spess muhreens, but these guys look amazing.
>>
>>44375749
>The Imperium doesn't give a shit about paint schemes or adornment, you nigger, so long as it isn't fucking Chaos or xenos iconography.

Oh is that right? *citation needed
Because I believe loyalist marines do have limitations - self-imposed or otherwise - on armor paint schemes.

Feel free to link a canon chapter with a paint scheme as over the top as OP's pic.

And lighten up junior, its Christmas. Last I checked I wasnt your sworn enemy.
>>
File: SalamandersOld.jpg (11KB, 100x146px) Image search: [Google]
SalamandersOld.jpg
11KB, 100x146px
>>44375809
>Feel free to link a canon chapter with a paint scheme as over the top as OP's pic.
>>
>>44375809

Carcharodons.

Their entire fucking theme is "Everything is now a chainsaw, every battlefield is now a lake of Meat."

Or the Flesh Tearers, who take that, and crank it up to eleven to the point where they decorate themselves in entrails and have fucking parties on the battlefield where ritually cannibalize their enemies, and their allies if they can sneak them in.

Spess Yiffs and Yiffing in Spess.

Minotaurs and their entire Over-the-top Classical-Greek look, enough to put the Ultramarines and Blood Angels to shame

The Salamanders in general, so many scales, so little time.

Hell, for the longest time Personal Heraldry was a thing for every Spuce Marine chapter, down to the individual brothers.
>>
>>44375809
Have you ever SEEN a space wolf?

or half the blood angel HQ/elites?
>>
>>44375735
I'm personally a fan of the Conservators though that's because I actually helped put a couple of ideas in there.

though I disagree on some of the sorcerous elements that have been put into their fandex on the wiki
>>
>>44375809

There's also the Chapters that are out-right mutants, like the Black Dragons, or the Flame Falcons before that dumbfuck Inquisitor fucked everything up, and then they became the Legion of the Damned.
>>
>>44375850
I thought the Flesh Tearers just killed, lost themselves in the killing and moved on.
>>
File: Jaws_of_Doom.jpg (40KB, 350x488px) Image search: [Google]
Jaws_of_Doom.jpg
40KB, 350x488px
>>44375850
Flesh Eaters here. Just a friendly reminder that the Flesh Tearers are the result of GW deciding that we were to over the top and needed to be softened a bit.
>>
>>44372039
>most custom chapters make the mistake of hamming it up too much
>wh40k thread
Pffffft.
>>
>>44375831
That was retconned you semantical faggot.
>>
>>44375932
What about the Flesh Helms?
>>
>>44375926
I mean, they've even murdered a planet's PDF after winning a battle, which has since gotten reported to the Inquisition and has them on both the Inquisition and the Ecclesiarchy's shitlist.
>>
>>44375850
>>44375859
>>44375911

In both of my posts I said armor paint schemes. Not trophies attached to armor.

One is chapter wide and standard. The other are trophies attached to armor by an individual.

So none of you have refuted my point.
>>
>>44375613
what did /tg/ pass over your shitty oc or something?
>>
>>44375969
That was before Seth fixed the chapter up. Since then, they've been removed from the Inquisition's shitlist.
>>
>>44375970

>This paint scheme is heretical, there is no way they could be a loyalist chapter!
>Motherfuckers that EAT Inquisitors, destroy Saintly artifacts, or cover themselves in the guts of their allies routinely are entirely A-OK and are not heretical.

Anon, it's okay to stop being a tool.

Hell, that's not even touching on the fact that most Astartes Chapters aren't a part of the Imperial Cult.
>>
>>44376004
>Celestial Lions
>Object to the murder of a planet's population because of a small cult that they had already defeated
>Assfucked by the Inquisition and a handful of men from extinction.

>Flesh Tearers
>Murder PDFs, wear gore trophies, engage in large-scale ritual cannibalism
>it's k guiz u is kawaii desu desu

Gotta love 40gay.
>>
>>44375970

You want to know why GW doesn't have any chapters that have complicated color schemes? Despite power armor being this huge personal thing that makes a Marine who he is and generally ends up being used by that same marine for his multiple century long career?

Because GW makes models, and most people suck at painting, so they keep it simple and flat.

Hell, the Emperor's Children are perfect fucking examples of this, those motherfuckers are Slaaneshi worshipers, having a simple paint-scheme is literally anathema to them.
>>
>>44376051
Knights of Blood were chucked out of the Imperium for doing shit like that.

But then again Flesh Tearers are second founding, so they probably have a bit more leeway than others. Plus they sell models.
>>
>>44376070

The Flesh Tearers should have gotten their shit kicked in, if not out-right exterminated, by the Blood Angels for the potential of setting an absolutely-ruinous example for later founding.

But this is 40k, internal-consistency and logic is so fucking awful it makes a sane person's head hurt enough to be just shy of exploding.
>>
>>44376051
They objected quite loudly. Literally "Ork Snipers targeting your Apothecaries" level of loudly.
If they tried that shit on the Flesh Tearers, they'd nom the Inquisitor leading the investigation.

Conclusion to the story: do not go quietly. Make clear the intention of taking whatever destroyed you with you, no matter what that something was.
>>
>>44375643
There was a regular paint scheme as well, so I think one can say the more ornate version wasn't the standard. They have rituals out the ass, so one can fluff it as being a pattern reserved for rituals if one wants.
>>
>>44376051
>Dark Angels
You know where I'm going with this. Or rather, you DON'T know where I'm going with this. Actually, you don't know anything. You didn't see anything. You didn't hear anything.
>>
File: DW+champion[1].jpg (135KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
DW+champion[1].jpg
135KB, 873x627px
>>44372039
>Why are the Aztec marines literal Aztecs?
>unique weapon
>ornate detailing
>feathers
never been dun befo
>>
>>44372233
I made the thread they came from.

Never thought they would be a thing. I just wanted to use my shiny, new Rites of Battle book.

But now they sleep and battle at His side.
>>
>>44375579
>WoW Shaman PVP armor concept art
>>
>>44377468

I named their Fortress and the first stealthnaught, Gavroche, back before we had the Icelus pattern.

Good times.
>>
>>44375579
That actually looks pretty darn good. For a chaos marine. Throw in a Coatliquesqe necklace made of hands just for good measure.
>>
>>44372039
>>
>>44379064
>>
>>44379064
>>44379074
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1wcuoxs4mU
>>
File: download.png (4KB, 255x197px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 255x197px
Bring back the Knights Inductor (but without that faggotry with the good daemons)!
>>
>>44379250
Trust me man. You don't.

I was back when there were threads about them that supposed to fix them.

Mortals gave up on this. The toxicity was so high even Nurgle would've ended up with an illness.
>>
>>44379334
We have to try!
It's a good idea, but the execution was flawed as fuck!
>>
>>44379426
Tell that to the majority of /tg/ that hates them.

The level of Mary Sue was enough to incite Khorne levels of RAAAGE.

Also conquering everything with logic doesn't stick with the 40K universe.

We do however got Raptors who are canon Reasonable Marines.

Now I'm observing that there is a thread about the Black Locks >>44372521 and they are quite fun. Especially after their fluff got shaped into something awesome.
>>
>>44375705
>>44376000
Of course 40kids reply with "ur mad cuz we cool" or "Muh fun!"

They think its either oppression or spite, and nothing else.

Top kek.
>>
File: file.png (561KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
561KB, 800x900px
I miss the Abyssal Jaws
>>
>>44373853
>a frond slaps your face as you make your way through the underbrush
>grenade fern
>>
>>44372619

Blood Jaguars have way more shit plastered on them than Ultramarines.

Generic gold bling isn't "Roman", and they only have so many wreaths and tassels. You also don't need to be full retard on animals, SW go full retard on viking shit as well.
>>
File: Ultramarine_Honour_Guard.jpg (246KB, 675x560px) Image search: [Google]
Ultramarine_Honour_Guard.jpg
246KB, 675x560px
>>44379591
Eagle Mustache.
>>
>>44379250
>>44379334
>>44379426
>>44379485
Knights Inductor used to be popular on /tg/ with that same shitty helmet on a pike + storytiem picture being posted.

Problem is that the people designing it didn't understand tactics or 40k so you ended up with something totally shit.

Using logic to fight battles isn't the bad part, its the fact their overwhelming logic made people defect to their side so often they might as well have power fedoras too.
>>
>>44379614
>Using logic to fight battles isn't the bad part, its the fact their overwhelming logic made people defect to their side so often they might as well have power fedoras too.

THIS!

Just stop making everyone defect to them and almost half of their lore problem is gone.

Their later revisioned lore is much better specially the part about recovering enemy tech to improve their own
>>
>>44379614
Or the fact that "logic" happened to be feel good liberalism in the world of 40k without any real consequences for it.

They don't accept people who shouldn't be trusted and have to learn where to draw the line, and not once did they fail to solve something with logic their very first time.

Also the clear answer to a cross-faction team up is Blood Axes, who would actually add something to them rather than the fact their rationality can convert deamons.
>>
>>44379613

Romans didn't run around with eagles on their face.
>>
>>44379613
>comparing the most retardedly blinged out elite units to a generic trooper covered in bullshit

Nice try Blood Jaguars are still retarded, even more than SW. There's a reason they look nothing like any of the official chapters. Just because you like something doesn't mean it isn't objectively shit/inaccurate.
>>
>>44379656
>the part about recovering enemy tech to improve their own

You mean they don't do it, because they don't want to attract the attention of Tzeentch?

Because, y'know, that's the main reason the Mechanicus clamps down so hard on technological innovation. Unfettered development attracts daemonic forces like dung attracts flies. It's not a kooky superstition - it's a literal ward against evil.
>>
>>44379846
The Jaguar in the OP isn't exactly comparatively blinged out, is it? Three feathers, a loincloth, a skull on the bolter, and a painted pattern. That's not a lot of bling.
>>
>>44379914
But can't you see the possiblity a chapter that's so desperate to improve their results that they come close to falling to chaos in order to better serve the Imperium
>>
>>44379846
And just because you don't like a fake space marine chapter doesn't mean your opinions aren't objectively shit/inaccurate either. Seriously, who gives a FUCK. Post more Aztec Marines.
>>
>>44379914
Well the AdMech did reverse-engineer a XV15 Battlesuit helmet.

Also the AdMech really want to crack open Eldar grav-technology.

Even the infamous Dreadknight is rumored to have xeno tech included into its STC.
>>
>>44379914
I've read their codex in 1d4chan and it's says that they took tau technology by necessity to fill combat roles example their lack of dreadnoughts.
>>
>>44380003
*dreadknights
goddamit
>>
>>44380023
But Dreadknights are exclusive.
>>
File: Boris.png (530KB, 470x599px) Image search: [Google]
Boris.png
530KB, 470x599px
I was more partial to the scraplootas
>>
>>44380023
>>44380067
To Grey Knights. Sorry I didn't finish the sentence.
>>
>>44379958
Sure I can.

Only, they wouldn't "come close" to falling to Chaos. They would just fall outright, because that's how 40K works.

(And also because if you say "oh, they juuust skirt the line on falling to Chaos but still get away with it teehee" then idiots will invariably stretch that into them being able to get away with anything. But it's okay, because they're ~really, really careful~ about it!)

>>44380003
Which is total heresy and would see them purged by the Mechanicus in the blink of an eye.

Thou shalt not suffer the xenos to live.

>>44379994
Yeah, but that's the AdMech - they actually have the time, resources and effective protocols to conduct technological development in a safe (albeit extremely slow) manner. Random chapter of chucklehead Marines do not.
>>
>>44380155
> Random chapter of chucklehead Marines do not.

Yeah, unless they themselves have at least a Magos around to oversee if they are not doing any tech-heretical bullshit.
>>
>>44380155
Ladies and gentlemen, we have whats wrong with 40k. In all its attempts to have a huge world where anything is possible, nothing is possible because everything is designed to fall into the same boring bullshit it always has been.

No innovation or new ideas, because 40k must be consistent in being shitty and pointless. Every new idea cause chaos, everything Chaos is evil, and anything good in the Imperium of Man is executed for heresy.
>>
>>44380187
...You do realize you just actually described the 40k setting, right?
>>
>>44380187
Well, yeah. It's a setting where overbearing, oppressive fascism is "justified". What else do you expect?

I mean, if that's not a setting you're comfortable playing in, fine. But don't complain that 40K isn't something it was never meant to be, nor has ever tried to be.
>>
>>44380067
>>44380101
I remember now they were trying to circumvent their lack of terminator armor and centurions so they reverse engineered tau technology
>>
>>44380317
Yeah that was that one thing.
>>
>>44379544
>how dare you enjoy this setting NOT ON MY WATCH
>>
>>44380201
>>44380259
>lol this is the way its meant to be
Wrong faggots, very wrong. Read Rogue Trader or 2nd edition and read what 40k used to be before you retarded manchildren got to it.

Fucking 40kids don't even know what 40k was or even is now. Like what the fuck do you faggots even do if you're not even capable of understanding 40k?

40k was never "herp derp everything is pointless lol" it was supposed to be a dark future where the circumstances pushed humanity to adopt backwards ideas and so on. The idea fucking wasn't to make everything about screaming HERESY and find new ways for the Imperium to be fucking useless at everything.
>>
>>44380372
Third edition was the darkest thou.
>>
>>44380372
Who shit on your steak?
>>
>>44380354
You're not even enjoying the setting, you're adding more uninspired ideas to what something already uninspired but at least a novelty.

When you want to talk about Star Wars, do you get super excited when someone adds some poorly designed nonsense into it? I sure don't because fanfiction is shit and so are custom chapters that exist for anything but a paintjob you like.
>>
>>44380401
>implying I give a shit about people's shitty oc chapters

>complaining about a game of toy soldiers
>>
>>44380401
>You're not even enjoying the setting
What?
>to what something already uninspired but at least a novelty
What?
>I sure don't because fanfiction is shit
So you don't play RPGs, okay.
>and so are custom chapters that exist for anything but a paintjob you like
What?
Work on your English, because damn son.
>>
>>44380372
>40k was never "herp derp everything is pointless lol" it was supposed to be a dark future where the circumstances pushed humanity to adopt backwards ideas and so on.

You mean like how Chaos ensures that anything politically left of "grotesque orwellian theocracy" causes people to explode into demons?

Warhammer 40K has always been a hopeless setting. In the grim darkness of the 41st millenium, there is only war. And that's just fine, thanks. It doesn't need to be any more than that.
>>
>>44380593
Being willfully retarded still means you're retarded. Adding 'OC' to a wargame is a far cry from an RPG where you design a singular character.

>>44380594
>It doesn't need to be any more than that.
I'm not going to reiterate why you're fucking stupid for not seeing the difference between this bullshit heresy everywhere meme and what the Imperium is meant to be.

Commissars shooting on sight is a thing that happens on the battlefield DURING DIRE CIRCUMSTANCES and doesn't represent every fucking aspect of the society. Most of you fucks assume that the entire Imperium is full of death squads and commissars who shoot random people and scream heresy.

Also, I love how you retards are 'defending the setting' when the entire point of my post is that you fuckstains have this shit idea of what 40k is because of /tg/ memes and retarded assumptions on everything that isn't the front cover of a codex.

People here probably think Commissars run around cities shooting people on sight while people thank the Emperor while they do; instead of the actual Judge Dredd elements the Imperium was based on in its earliest days.
>>
>>44380735
>Adding 'OC' to a wargame is a far cry from an RPG where you design a singular character
How so?
>>
File: image.gif (84KB, 625x373px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
84KB, 625x373px
>>44380735
I'll actually agree with this the "le heresy XD" meme is ruining 40k. Same with shit like 1d4chan memes and if the emperor had a text to speech device. It's funny the first time but it's not meant t define the setting
>>
>>44380735
>>44381145
>/tg/ memes are the entirety of people's understanding of 40K
>1d4chan is srs bzns to people
I may have Assburgers but I'm nowhere near autistic enough for this shit.
>>
>>44381175
Lol I guess you've never been to your local gw
>>
>>44381226
There is no local GW where I live, I play with friends and friends of friends. I assumed you were speaking of /tg/ though, my bad.
>>
/tg/ homebrew stuff has been constantly shit over the years, there is no fucking way to help it.
but looking all these guys having fun togheter and actualy completing a project felt good. I never parteci[ated, but I remember fondly those times. so this shit isn't completely worthless I guess.
>>
>>44381175
Once there was a thread about a Chaos version of the Sisters of Battle. Not Chaos SoB, but an actual Chaos organization comprised entirely of females expressly designed to be a blasphemous mockery to the Ecclesiarchy. Despite being made clear from OP's post that they had nothing to do with fallen Sisters or the SoB as an organization, only about five posts weren't people sperging about canon.
>>
>>44381551
Okay. I'm not saying everything on /tg/ is good, mind you.
>>
>>44381264
Tg is actually better than most other 40k discussion groups
>>
>>44381585
Yeah, that's usually the case with many subjects, unfortunately. Do other forums refer to 1d4chan a lot, though?
>>
>>44381576
I know, I'm saying that there are people so autistic about 40k that they'll sperg out about something completely fitting with the setting and canon. Just look at Tau threads.

I still would love to homebrew some shit about a Chaos version of the SoB.
>>
>>44381636
Oh I don't doubt that. A Chaos mockery of the SoB could perhaps be interesting, but it could easily turn into a evil mirror version kind of deal. Maybe focus on intentional mockery of ideals and rules in the form of satire? From an IC perspective, I mean.
>>
>>44381619
Not directly but you can smell the meme a mile away. They're never subtle about it either. For example "if the emperor had a text to speech device" just blatantly rips straight from 1d4chan almost word for word
>>
>>44381711
Intentional mockery works for somethings, evil mirror version as well. Somethings, like the Orders Militant, would pretty much be the same in both versions.
>>
>>44381714
Worst part is people actually use that seires as a source for information. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people shit talk myultramarines at my lgs and when I question them about it I get the same response "well theyre just Mary Sues!" And I play 30k ultramarines
>>
>>44381770
I kinda wish that GW hadn't dropped the, questionably intentional, idea that the Ultramarines were consolidating power for themselves and creating their own Guard and Navy.
>>
>>44381856
I thought they were hinting at that in the hh series? I haven't kept up with it in a while and I'm not even sure what part it's at
>>
>>44381927
I was referring to post-Heresy stuff. They reduced the size of Ultramar.
>>
>>44381769
I don't see it that way. Being the opposite is a given - amoral, heretical, cruel, selfish etc., but that alone is basically just fallen SoB, and while it can be an intentional mockery it lacks satire. Having these Chaos Sisters apply the SoBs and Ecclesiarchy's logic against them isn't something which comes automatically, and is what in my opinion could make them interesting.
>>
>>44381962
The Adepta Sororitas normally works primarily in ensuring loyalty and faith while suppressing heretical behavior so running the logic against them doesn't really work directly. I'd think that Chaos Sisters would be divided between corrupters and tempters and those who openly oppose the Imperium. Chaos Orders Militant is equally the rip-and-tear brigade and the undercover sabotage team. Chaos Hospitallers can spread diseases and perform grotesque experiments hidden among the Imperial populace as well as cramming wounded Chaos soldiers full of drugs, bionics, and transplants before sending them right back into battle.
>>
>>44382211
I'd really like to do this, but it's way past reasonable bedtime for me. I'll give it some thought later, because it definitely has potential.
>>
File: 1358792072044.png (214KB, 634x800px) Image search: [Google]
1358792072044.png
214KB, 634x800px
>>44377468
And as one of the early group that went so hard with them, i thank you. From the bottom of my heart. So many insomnia fueled nights put to good use fluffing out my all time favorite fan chapter.

It's sad to see what became of them. To much is too much.
>>
>>44382645
Pssh, reasonable bed times. I have to be at work in eight hours and I'm making cookies right now.

If I'm not busy I'll toss a thread up tomorrow afternoon/evening and see what happens.
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.