[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nat20 thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: RYYqEMy.gif (961KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
RYYqEMy.gif
961KB, 260x146px
>Be me
>ForeverDming
>prepared a campaing with recurring king BBEG who yates mágico
>Party is a Dwarven Bard, Human Mage who swore revenge against king, and has a little girl he saved following him around, and a sideburned Elf Bar varían
>they prepare an ambush in the catedral
>Bard plunge attacks the king
>I rule he has to make a high Dc Acrobatics check, twice, to even land
>Nat 20
>he double backflip plunges into the king
>he hits
>he kills him
>Succeeds Intimidation on guards.
>Animate Rope and gtfo out
>no BBEG anymore
>fucking nat 20s
>>
>>44360361
>>ForeverDming
>Complains when his PCs come up with a decent and fun plan.
>Complains that they succeed.

>Doesn't realize he's a shit DM.
>>
> LOL I ROLLED A NATURAL 20 SO I AM ENTITLED TO DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT

Literally the most obnoxious part of "rule of cool" morons. I am sick of people trying to do the most implausible shit and getting a 5% success chance on it.

> inb4 lol you should stop playing RPGs because you hate fun

I don't hate fun, I hate stupid lazy storytelling and lazy roleplaying that results from it. If you let your players do whatever they want on a nat20, you are not a real DM, you are a pussy who fellates his players in some opposite extreme of player v.s. DM attitude.

I am of neither attitude. I like the characters and am a fan of them and thus like watching them be bad-asses but this nat20 = free ticket to control the narrative bullshit needs to stop right the fuck now.
>>
>>44360410
>Complains about someone complaining that the unexpected(but amazingly funny) event broke some of his planes
>doesnt realize I allowed it to happen anyways because I knew it was a good plan
I let them do it and awarded full xp to the bard
Im just slightly annoyed im going to move the story further than I intended to do yet, because the party isnt properly geared todo what I had in stock afterwards. But railroading to a avoid this would be wrong.
Heck, my players complimented me on how I handled everything, compared to other Gms they had.
>>
>>44360469
The nat 20 was what he NEEDED on top of his bonuses. It wasnt a "lolnat20icandowhatever", the Bard is above that, thank god.
Still he pulled it off because he was geared for it. He then failed to fight against the reinforcements and had to be rescued by the mage entering through the window
>>
>>44360469
>be you
>see thread about topic you dislike
>click on thread
>reply in thread

Why for
>>
>>44360579
He rolled a nat 1 in his "resist bait" check
>>
>>44360641
I think his probability of replying to threads he dislikes is higher than 5%.
>>
>>44360772
Did he not take any "shitpost save" feats, or at least decent Will saves?
>>
>>44360361
I once rolled a nat 20 on a strength check to pull a chest that i had managed to latch a grapplehook onto, across a pit

I took 1 damage from pulling it too hard and having it fly across and hit me in the face
>>
>>44360503

I bet Feng Shui 2 would melt your funhating brain.
>>
>>44360361
Let's break this down:

>ForeverDMing
Get a new group

>Plunge attack
If playing DnD/Pathfinder, there's no such mechanic without a build based on it

>I rule he has to make a high DC Acrobatics check, twice, to even land
Assuming from use of terms that you're playing Pathfinder/DnD now.
If this is true, you don't understand how the game and DCs work, and how scaling mundane tasks work. Learn the game if you're going to DM. A fall that deals lethal damage knocks the person prone, and acrobatics can only reduce the damage to nonlethal. Even then, it only stops 20feet of fall damage from knocking him prone.
Learn your game better.

>Nat20
Has no effect on anything but attack rolls and saves.
Learn your game better.

>Hits and kills
Let's take a moment. You made an NPC so weak that, even with whatever bonuses the Bard could stack, he was able to be instakilled? This is poor planning, but at least you surrounded him with guards, who should have carried medical supplies to save his life. Which brings me to:

>Succeeds Intimidation on guards
So he gave them the shaken condition and didn't change their behavior? Or are you saying that you allowed him to take an action over a minute long of "influencing behavior" during the 6-12 seconds of time before the guard's reaction?
Perhaps if you Learned the Game, you would know what Intimidate can and cannot do.

>Fucking nat 20s

Everything here is your fault as a GM. Learn the Game.

>How can I salvage this?
You need to move on from your terrible BBEG, and explore the ramifications of his death on the kingdom as a whole.
>>
File: sgOwVwI.jpg (82KB, 480x302px) Image search: [Google]
sgOwVwI.jpg
82KB, 480x302px
>>44361064
Was your character like this perhaps?
>>
>>44361278
Thank you. Im not even being sarcastic here, thank you for pointing this out to me.
>>
>>44361282
He's an eighty year old man, with six strength, actually.
But he has some enchanted gloves that set the str score to 19, which is fairly significant. A result of 24 on the roll, after all.
>>
>>44361339
Thats pretty damm awesome.
>>
>>44361321
Thank you for taking the time to affirming I wasn't responding to bait.
Best of luck in your future travels and games, GMing is hard to get down.

My first game had an "impossibly high" fantasy setup and involved level four adventurers killing adult red dragons with physics, so never get down on your mistakes if you're willing to learn.
>>
>>44361131

What the hell, kid?
>>
>>44361447
It is my first time with pathfinder or anything like that. I've only Dm'd Lot5R and one CoC campaing we had.
Ill try to get everything down for my next session
>>
>>44361485

Quoted the wrong post. Was adressed this guy >>44361278

Also, kid? You just lost all credibility, my friend.
>>
>>44361533

I had credibility? And friends?
>>
>see Nat20 thread
>think this should be good, maybe find some funny stories
>just a bunch of assholes bitching about OP's game
>who gives a fuck as long as they had fun
>fuckthis.png
>>
>>44361549
I'll always be your friend anon. Promise. Unless you fuck my dog. Then I can't be your friend.
>>
>>44361549
>rolled a nat20 on "social life"
Lucky bastard
>>
File: OneHit.png (705KB, 713x643px) Image search: [Google]
OneHit.png
705KB, 713x643px
>>44360361
>Be me
>Hulking it up in a palace full of hostile people (M&M3e)
>our team of heroes stands accused of regicide by the clearly evil princess
>I roar in anger and initiatives are rolled
>my teammates try to thaw out the king and convince the other princess of our innocence
>I lunge at the evil princess and go on the offensive, roll to punch
>nat 20
>damage roll is pretty high (17+13str+5crit=35)
>tfw I one-shot the BBEG
>tfw I still get freaking ganked by all the guards when they see her go down
>>
File: 17n20j46g2vlvjpg.jpg (17KB, 300x248px) Image search: [Google]
17n20j46g2vlvjpg.jpg
17KB, 300x248px
>>44361865
>shortly after this happened
>be still me
>the guards stopped attacking after my team managed to get the king stop being an ice-statue
>the sane princess also doesn't attack anymore
>the king thanks us for saving him
>in the meantime the evil princess is gone
>we're asked to stop her again
>so we go to where her hideout is
>BBEG is tinkering away at a robot that looks fairly evil
>INSTANT KARMA
>she crits her attack roll against me
>fucking mindblasts
>I'm instantly KOd, because no Heropoints left
>it's okay though, our Hawkeye one shots her again and our ironman takes care of the robot
>we saved the day. Again.
>>
>>44360361
Party is now fugitives from justice, having murdered a King in cold blood. His successor doubles down on his anti magic policies.
>>
>>44361381
That's the tip of the iceburg.
He has 20 wisdom, enchanted eyeglasses that give advantage on visual perception rolls (meaning add five to passive score too), and the observant feat that adds five to passive perception and investigation.
That means a passive general perception of twenty two. And a passive visual perception of TWENTY FUCKING SEVEN. My dm usually tells everyone but me to roll perception checks due to my usual autosuccess,

Fun fact, theres a version of the glasses for investigation stat. So if you have those and an int of twenty, you can have 22/27 for investigation instead.
>>
>>44362377
He sends the Inquisitors after them
>Inquisitors become recurring villains
>>
>>44362819
>old dude with awesome sight and super strenght
Well nos I know what I want to be when I grow up
>>
>>44362819
For 5e, sounds like.
I wonder what other broken stuff can be achieved in the system
>>
File: Haunt.jpg (241KB, 936x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Haunt.jpg
241KB, 936x1022px
>>44360361
>Playing Duergar Cleric of Mephistopheles - Lawful Evil
>Party comes across a Lich
>We have his phylactery, he wants it back obviously, and wants to kill us
>I use my ability that allows me to add my level to a diplomacy check.

pic is from the same campaign. Oh yeah it was set in sigil.
>Roll a diplomacy to talk down the Lich
>I already have a +14 diplomacy
>Add my level (14), thats +28 to the roll.
>roll Nat20
>talk down a lich, he lets us go with the phylactery and no harm.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.