[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slime Creature Evolution Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 72

File: Slime evolution.png (3KB, 600x200px) Image search: [Google]
Slime evolution.png
3KB, 600x200px
A wizard was cleaning out his basement when he found a curious type of slime creature living underneath his tower. It fed on the mold in the corners by pushing itself against the mold and disolving it in it's goo, the population kept in check by it's slow feeding and small amount of mold He has since decided to make an experiment out of it.

The Wizard has converted his basement into a magical terrarium, full of soil and lit by a small magical sun in the center, making it a constant midday in the terrarium, and made some modifications to the slime, creating a basic food chain.

The green slimes have lost the ability to feed by dissolving things, and instead uses chloroplasts to create food. This species has a low energy requirement compared to others, but it is only able to move slowly, if at all, due to this. They serve as the producer in this contained ecosystem.

The blue slimes are mostly the original species, but modified to be able to dissolve and feed on the green slimes. They serve as the herbivores.

The red slimes are intended as the carnivores, they have a higher energy than the blue slimes, and therefore can move faster, but require more energy to maintain this. They have been modified to be able to dissolve the blue slimes, but not the green slimes.

Thanks the their short lifespan and quick rate of reproduction if properly fed, these slimes will be able to quickly adapt and evolve. The wizard intends to study these creatures and see how the ecosystem plays out, and could possibly introduce events to see how the species react.

At the current moment the slimes navigate their world only by a sense of touch and taste, and reproduce through binary fission, growing larger as they take in food and splitting into multiple organisms once they grow too big.

This is where the game part comes in, you get to edit the different slimes to make them adapt to fit this magical terrarium, as long as these evolutions are reasonable and not too dramatic at first.
>>
the red slime needs chiselled pecs and a cleft chin if it is to be successful
>>
Green slime is now blue for camo
>>
>>44330016
Give the red some form of sensory appendage. I assume the ambient magic from wizdude has some presence. Maybe it can feel or see magic.
>>
>>44330016
one-in-six green slimes, when born via splitting, will be a lime-green color. They stay in contact with the green slimes, being fed by them, and attempt to put themselves between the green slimes and the blue slimes, as they have evolved to be resistant to the blue slimes acid.

Large enough congregations of green and lime slimes resemble large blobs of green slimes with a ring of lime slimes, all sharing food.

The lime slimes are edible to the red slimes, but provide very little nutrition.
>>
>>44330064
I was going to suggest giving the red slimed antennae so they can feel around for food
>>
File: 1332664473921.png (301KB, 723x721px) Image search: [Google]
1332664473921.png
301KB, 723x721px
>>44330016
in b4 this game ending like THAT ONE which started with a cute green slime and ended with pic related.
>>
>>44330149
The fuck
>>
>>44330016
Red needs a way to find prey. Needs an antenna or eye or something.
>>
Blue slimes can make light, so they attract green slimes without expending too much energy.
>>
File: Red slime with feelings.png (1KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Red slime with feelings.png
1KB, 200x200px
>>44330064
>>44330127
>>44330166
Red slime develops a basic antenna it can use to feel around with more precision than using it's entire body, it also has a slight sensitivity to magical energy, but this sense is largely overpowered by the intense magical field the false sun puts out.

Make sure you save your images in a .png format to retain quality, and use the pencil tool if you would, to make editing and coloring easier.
>>
File: glowing blue guy.png (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
glowing blue guy.png
2KB, 200x200px
>>44330168
The blue slimes take in the radiant energy of the false sun and they take on a glow, radiating the magical energy back out once charged up.

Though it's dim in comparison to the ever present light in the sky, it still has a slight effect of attracting their prey, but also makes them an easier target for the red slimes and their magic detecting feelers.
>>
Green need somekind of defense mechanism f.e. like the Nepenthes
>>
>>44330393
Greens need some form of defense. Maybe they get minor poison added to themselves?
>>
>>44330570
Well they do have the lime slimes protecting them >>44330085

I'm not going to be the only one drawing stuff though.
>>
Green slimes take the form of cute anime girls
>>
>>44330481
How about green slimes emit a magical pulse when they're being absorbed by blues, that red slimes that are very nearby can detect.
>>
>>44330860
Or what about some sort of spore bubbles to help reprduction or some sort of larva which feasts from the blues energy and then plobs off or so
meanwhile is op still here ?
>>
>>44330890
Yeah, I'm here, why?
>>
>>44330965
From my experience threads like this are often abandoned
>>
>>44330982
Lurker here. Will occasionally safety bump
>>
>>44330149
Almost positive this was either the Evo game I started, or that was descended from the organism I made.
>>
>>44330890
The second one is interesting. Could there be a subspecies of green that is resistant to blue absorption, and sticks onto them feeding off their light like a parasite?
>>
>>44331009
Or maybe he goes into paralyses while in blue and then starts feasting when in red since blues acid would kill him
>>
How about a defense for the blue slimes? Nothing major, just a thicker "skin" that makes them harder to digest.
>>
File: Ciliated green.png (2KB, 200x142px) Image search: [Google]
Ciliated green.png
2KB, 200x142px
Green slimes develop a layer of cilia over the entire smilebody, allowing a larger surface area for photosynthesis to occur
>>
Red should be more like a predator so how about some green camouflage for red ?
>>
>>44331267
Maybe a little later on. Remember, none of them actually have eyes yet.
Their current hunting behavior is "feel around and hope you bump into something edible"
>>
>>44331267
They don't have any sense of sight, and the red one is the only one that can detect things by methods other that taste or touch.
>>
>>44331411
forgot that so maybe red should develop eyes ?
>>
File: 1450830870819.png (2KB, 278x197px) Image search: [Google]
1450830870819.png
2KB, 278x197px
Green slimes grow out some of their cilia into regenerating stalks with fat lumps of slime on the end in hopes the blues will eat their fill without harming the greens.
>>
File: Blue armoured.png (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Blue armoured.png
2KB, 200x200px
>>44331094
for anon, a calcified layer begins to develop over the blue slimes, similar to a shell, to decrease the rate of dissolution of the red slimes attacks
>>
What if one in every five or so blue slimes had thicker or "chewier" skin? It wouldn't be like a shell or anything, just a slightly tougher layer of slime around them that, while still edible, is less appetizing to red slimes.
>>
File: Red.png (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Red.png
2KB, 200x200px
>>44331433
Reds develop primitive light sensing stalks on the front of the slimebody to have preference towards the blue coloured slimes
>>
>>44330200
Red needs an improved movement method, maybe another two antenna and it can walk using all three?
>>
>>44331523
somebody already posted that idea
>>
>>44331433
I'm more interested in the "magical sense" that the red slimes have, I think that's something we could develop.
>>
>>44331552
I don't know if feelers are the best route for movement. Maybe cilia to move like a millipede, like with >>44331226
but on the bottom?
>>
>>44330016
Are we doing divergent evolutionary paths like a traditional evo game? There's no actual reason for further speciation to occur here, so I'm going to assume these are all single-line evolutions.
>>
Blue slimes could develop something like a small pouch for storing their young, like a kangaroo.

And maybe red slimes could have some sort of sharp tongue or tube that helps penetrate the blue slime's shell.
>>
>>44331435
What if green slimes get a thicker skin like >>44331477
but just for the main body, not for the bait lumps?
>>
>>44331598
Divergent evolution is entirely possible, any point of evolution is fair game to adapt, unless a path is specifically declared extinct.
>>
>>44331618
Are we far enough along for that?
As far as I know, once a slime splits, the original parent is dead and all its children are fully developed. I don't see a pouch working at all until the reproductive system itself changes.
>>
What about a new species which somehow formed which is omnivore ?
>>
>>44331660
What about you crack open MS Paint and just do it?
>>
>>44331477
blue should be able to split into smaller versions of itself so if it gets attacked it can abandon that part of itself and live on.
>>
>>44331697
God, I wish I could. I'm plugging along with my shitbox potato mac right now, hoping that I can at least contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way.
>>
File: kangabro.gif (2MB, 204x360px) Image search: [Google]
kangabro.gif
2MB, 204x360px
>>44331711
Are you >>44331618
by any chance?
blue seems to be headed in a very marsupial direction.
>>
Maybe blue slimes could occasionally shed their shells. Each shell could take a day or two to completely dissolve, and during that time it radiates a small amount of magical energy. Not as much as a blue slime, but enough to fool/distract the occasional red slime.
>>
>>44331794
We are different people.
>>
>>44331226
Not logical, if want more surface can be flatten o
>>
>Maybe he could
>What if
>How about

Is this all the same guy? Just say it, draw it, or greentext it.
>>
>>44331660
Yeah, why dont the red evolved to eat other red?
>>
>>44331866
I would if I could. Stuck on mobile for now.

I might be able to do some stuff in a drawing app, but it'd take a while.
>>
>>44331866
Unfortunately, I'm also >>44331732
this guy.
>>
>>44331805
I have a similar idea where the blue slimes could shed the shell when attacked and escape while red is busy with it, but after that they're more vulnerable until they eat enough to regrow the shell.
>>
>>44331874
A divergent branch of red slimes has evolved, the orange slimes. Slightly larger, they are able to consume red and blue slimes, becoming the alpha predators of the ecosystem.
>>
File: 123hvg.png (4KB, 600x200px) Image search: [Google]
123hvg.png
4KB, 600x200px
>>44331697
>>
>>44331968
Well a branch of green slimes develops the power to eat Red and Orange and Blue slimes too
>>
Are we far enough along yet to have these new alpha slimes? We're still at a point where only basic sensory organs exist.
>>
>>44332092
It doesn't make much sense, and it's not particularly interesting.
>>
Those greens living in the largest colony formations with the lime slimes, greens of both shades begin to operate as larger organisms, a sort of mobile lichen that can reach upward at the sun or use it's size to better escape blues.
>>
>>44331968
>>44332024
>>44332220
okay now i'm confused was any of those op or is op still named op ?
>>
NEW EVENT

The Wizard has introduced a day night cycle to the terrarium.

Every few hours the false sun will alternate between active and inactive.

When it's inactive, the terrarium is engulfed in darkness, the only light being the bio luminescence of the blue slimes, who are able to hold enough charge to last throughout the nightcycle, this makes the green slimes come to them much more easily, but also makes them light up like crazy to the red slime's magical detection.
>>
File: hardenedslime.png (3KB, 278x197px) Image search: [Google]
hardenedslime.png
3KB, 278x197px
>>44331626
good idea! The green slime changes it's outer goo so that it will dry out and harden making it harder to digest while leaving it's regenerating cilia and bulbs to absorb sunlight and feed the blues.
>>
I'd like to join in, but I don't see many of these threads. Will we split into more varieties, or just modify these three?
>>
>>44334358
Yes.
>>
>>44334371
That was not a yes/no question
>>
>>44334399
Do both.
>>
File: NucleicBlue.png (4KB, 290x252px) Image search: [Google]
NucleicBlue.png
4KB, 290x252px
Some persistent blue slimes engulfed bits of hardened greens without digesting them. The green nuclei absorb the blue slimes' radiation at night, letting them grow 24/7, while the blues don't need to range as much for food, and a coloration that might confuse red slimes.
>>
File: Glow slime.png (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Glow slime.png
4KB, 200x200px
>>44330393
Some blue slime begin to root themselves in the ground taking in magic energy that has absorbed into the ground allowing the to continue glowing even during "night" cycles attracting green slime when they would otherwise be inactive.
>>
>>44331006
the Yu, evolved to eat the Humel, becoming Yu'mel. Moon Evo...by...from aether? its been like...3/4 years or so.
>>
File: Red slime with legs.png (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Red slime with legs.png
2KB, 200x200px
To gain the upperhand against mobile species of blue slimes, or simply move between the rooted blues more quickly, the red slimes have developed a series of cilia along it's underside that it may wriggle to move at an increased rate.
>>
>>44335372
I still believe that these dragons were pretty fucking original and badass
>>
File: onion slime.png (2KB, 200x200px)
onion slime.png
2KB, 200x200px
>>44331477
Some of the blue slimes have begun to form in two layers. The inner layer makes up their "core" while the outer layer is a less dense, more slippery goo, that is harder for a predator to effectively make enough contact with to begin the dissolving process.

In the event of them being eaten the layered slime is able to eject it's core, and survive, leaving their would be consumer to eat the non-vital outer layer, which can be regrown later.

When equipped with the outer layer, these slimes also grow less brightly than their single layered cousins, due to the core's accumulated energy being diffused by the extra layer as it radiates outward.
While it is less effective at attracting food, it's also less detectable by the red slimes.
>>
File: slime oddesy 2001.png (16KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
slime oddesy 2001.png
16KB, 800x600px
>>
The green slimes mutate a hardened tentacle/arm for defence
>>
File: slime oddesy 2002.png (25KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
slime oddesy 2002.png
25KB, 800x600px
>>44340250
>>
File: slime oddesy 2003.png (24KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
slime oddesy 2003.png
24KB, 800x600px
>>44340279
>>
File: Day slime Night slime.png (6KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
Day slime Night slime.png
6KB, 400x200px
>>44335004
Blue slime retreats into its roots during daytime to avoid detection from red slimes, returning to the surface at night to draw in green slime.
>>
File: Sticky slime.png (2KB, 200x200px)
Sticky slime.png
2KB, 200x200px
>>44336269
A sticky end develops on the feeling antennae of some of the red slimes, allowing them to pull themselves forward more quickly.
>>
File: Reincarnation.png (290KB, 736x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Reincarnation.png
290KB, 736x1024px
>>44330016
I'm just gonna drop this here
>>
File: Red slime EVO.png (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Red slime EVO.png
2KB, 200x200px
>>44344792
The sticky antenna become more like arms, as the magical detection organelles now finds itself in the same single stalk that hold the red slime's light detecting organelles.

Now that these two sense can work together more effectively, they mutually grow stronger. With the crude light detection working in tandem with the magical sense, this makes finding the blue slimes much easier, as it doesn't just detect magic, it can "see" it.
>>
>>44347850
>tell me about your parents mr. crabs
>>
Green slimes need a way to spread themselves faster. ome blues slimes started staying put, so how about some green slimes get pseudo mobility. Since red slimes can't disolve green slime, they grow a new lump that can spat out onto the backs of red slimes for a piggyback ride, continuing to photosynthesize magic and grow. Once they have doubled in size, they fall off and become a regular green slime.
>>
>>44349271
by being near a red slime when they finish their ride, this would also increase the chance that a blue slime is not nearby.
>>
>>44349271
You could always draw it.
>>
File: slime oddesy 2004.png (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
slime oddesy 2004.png
61KB, 800x600px
>>44340289
>>
The green slimes should release spores that allow the new slimes to float away and grow elsewhere.
>>
Don't you faggots realize that you're supposed to draw your additions?
>>
>>44356630
I don't think they do.
It's been too long since our last evo thread, people forgot how they worked.
>>
>>44356651
I had no idea you were supposed to.
>>
The speed of the Green Slime is limited by its amount of energy. This is why it moves slowly. In order to increase speed or other capabilities, the energy storage or consumption must be raised. Since they now have a shell, they last longer even when being eaten. I suggest a size increase.

Blue slimes with the patience to eat the hard shell of a green slime survive longer because they fool reds, though they are at a disadvantage because they stay put longer. Perhaps they can use these shells to increase the capabilities of their own shells? Given time, this could lead to speciation.

Red slimes may be confused about which slimes are green and which are blue who've eaten hard to digest parts of green, but perhaps they've figured out that green means a blue will show up eventually. Therefore, a change in instinct, rather than form, may be in order. That is, assuming they have the mental capacity for this level of instinct.

I know, I'm supposed to draw it. But that requires effort and I'm lazy.
>>
Reminder that simple edits in MS Paint are fine as long as they get the point across. Cool thread, OP, I'll contribute once I get to a computer.
>>
Christmas eve bump
>>
>>44356651
I blame quest threads !
>>
>>44359793
Why don't they have their own board yet?
>>
File: Bigger.png (3KB, 278x197px) Image search: [Google]
Bigger.png
3KB, 278x197px
>>44356980
Here, since I don't have any ideas for now, I tried to do your green one. Basically just a bigger version:

>The speed of the Green Slime is limited by its amount of energy. This is why it moves slowly. In order to increase speed or other capabilities, the energy storage or consumption must be raised. Since they now have a shell, they last longer even when being eaten. I suggest a size increase.
>>
File: Size comparison.png (5KB, 374x197px) Image search: [Google]
Size comparison.png
5KB, 374x197px
>>44359958
And here's the size comparison with blues
>>
>>44356980
Here, blue ones, using the green's shells are able not only to fool reds a little better, but also to make their own shells stronger in order to survive the red's attacks
>>
christmas bump
>>
Red evolves to give off heat to melt through blue shell.
>>
>>44360711
That's going to take a lot of energy but presumably the increased hunting sucssess Wil be worth it.
>>
>>44361703
Maybe we can centralize it to the forward limb, sort of pierce through the shell in one spot, ooze inside, and eat it from inside out. Less energy than a full body heating.
>>
>>44360711
The red slimes develop a sort of inner heat-pouch in order to better protect against the temperature decrease at night, as well as letting it move more rapidly. Since it now has to distinguish between green and blue slimes, it develops the ability to go more quickly with a better internal metabolism.
>>
>>44360711
>red slimes can't melt blue shells
>>
File: red slime evo 1.png (2KB, 200x200px)
red slime evo 1.png
2KB, 200x200px
>>44363766
And if I could remember to attach my image, that'd be great.
>>
File: red slime evo 2.png (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
red slime evo 2.png
2KB, 200x200px
>>44363784
The red slime develops the ability to funnel this heat into its abdomen. After sensing a green or blue, it now crawls over it and latches on, allowing the heat to slowly weaken the blue or green shell. Once it checks whether a particular slime is green or blue, it will either depart or begin to feast.
>>
Can someone make an evolution chart of what we have so far?
>>
Eyes the slimes need EYES!
>>
Has blue roots been retconned?
>>
File: blue slime.png (8KB, 711x199px) Image search: [Google]
blue slime.png
8KB, 711x199px
Blue slimes with roots develop a sort of interconnectivity in order to trade nutrients and information.
>>
File: red slime evo 3.png (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
red slime evo 3.png
2KB, 200x200px
Red slimes develop eyes capable of better distinguishing blue light. Since the green slimes do not emit any blue light, the red slimes can now more easily find blues.

As well, the red develop a sort of spine or beak on the bottom to better puncture through blues' armor.
>>
>>44363946
Only the purples and oranges have been retconned.

There are quite a few green evolutions nobody has bothered to fucking draw though.
>>44330085
>>44330481
>>44330570
>>44330860
>>44330890
>>44332220
>>44349271
>>44340274
>>44351424
>>
File: slime evolution family tree.png (61KB, 1756x1018px) Image search: [Google]
slime evolution family tree.png
61KB, 1756x1018px
Thought you guys would find this interesting

>>44364911
If you don't actually draw it, it might as well have not happened.
>>
>>44364911
Let me see if I can adapt these given the drawings that have already happened.
>>
>>44364911
You must draw it if you want it canon ! And seriously, it's not even that difficult
>>
>>44365108
NICE
>>
File: green slime poison.png (3KB, 278x197px) Image search: [Google]
green slime poison.png
3KB, 278x197px
>>44330570
>Greens need some form of defense. Maybe they get minor poison added to themselves?
>>
>>44365373
I suggest you make different evolutions and not go and put every single one on the same evolution chain
>>
File: POD.png (3KB, 278x197px) Image search: [Google]
POD.png
3KB, 278x197px
Some of the poison slimes undergo a chance development mutation that lets them have hard, encased "seed pods" in the buds. When the blue slime eat the pods, they have difficulty digesting the pods and simply eject them, allowing a new green slime to form.
>>
File: s(lime).png (4KB, 485x197px) Image search: [Google]
s(lime).png
4KB, 485x197px
>>44330085
Meanwhile, for the green slimes that have stayed without the enhanced armor...
>one-in-six green slimes, when born via splitting, will be a lime-green color. They stay in contact with the green slimes, being fed by them, and attempt to put themselves between the green slimes and the blue slimes, as they have evolved to be resistant to the blue slimes acid.
>Large enough congregations of green and lime slimes resemble large blobs of green slimes with a ring of lime slimes, all sharing food.
>The lime slimes are edible to the red slimes, but provide very little nutrition.
>>
File: s(lime) 2.png (6KB, 1416x196px)
s(lime) 2.png
6KB, 1416x196px
>>44365605
The green slimes begin to have small "herds" of photosynthesising slime in the centre, surrounded by lime smiles for protection.
>>
>>44365730
Whoops, ignore the bad cropping job.
>>
>>44365730
If they already started to have different roles how about some sort of queen slime or so which gets infused with energy like bees do so only one slime per group is splitting
>>
File: s(lime) 3.png (9KB, 1448x196px) Image search: [Google]
s(lime) 3.png
9KB, 1448x196px
>>44365773
Not a bad idea!

The dark green slime begin to merge with one another using "bridges" adapted from the food buds.

On the right is a "top down" view, where one can see the connected green slimes surrounded by many light slimes, with the centre of the ring functioning as a manner of nursery for new green slimes.
>>
>>44365965
But as it looks now blue needs some sort of new way to get energy right ?
>>
File: blue root.png (8KB, 711x199px) Image search: [Google]
blue root.png
8KB, 711x199px
>>44364166
Some of the rooted blues are now dependent on the magic in the ground for energy, rather than relying on the green slimes. Although they retain the vestigial glowing (as they can still digest green slimes), they use their interconnected roots to send transmitters. In event of a red attacking one slime, all of the other connected blue slimes will immediately move into the ground.
>>
File: LAUNCHPAD.png (3KB, 342x200px) Image search: [Google]
LAUNCHPAD.png
3KB, 342x200px
>>44365989
The blues capable of ejecting their cores evolve to to be able to control the ejection at an angle using a sort of organic spring, akin to a muscle, and are able to launch over the lime slimes directly into the green.
>>
NEW EVENT

The terrarium, once kept at a pleasant level of humidity, and a consistent soil moisture, allowing the easy survival of it's occupants now finds itself with a basic weather pattern, alternating between a dry season, when the false sun burns hotter, drying the air and baking the soil, and wet season, when the sun is less intense, an the the terrarium experiences rain, moistening the environment and pooling in the low spots of the ground.
These two season are punctuated by a short period of temperate weather in between, the terrarium resetting to it's previous "normal" before the next season initializes.
>>
>>44330149
Sauce on thread?
>>
>>44366717
Look up moon evolution thread on the archive.
>>
>>44345126
TENSEI SHITARA SLIME DATTA KEN
Just in case somebody wondered about source.
>>
File: rooting down.png (8KB, 356x215px)
rooting down.png
8KB, 356x215px
>>44366598
The blue rooted slimes have now progressed deeper into the earth in order to avoid the baking sun, deepening their roots to tap into water collected underground during the rainy season. The blue rooted slimes leave only root-like peripheral stalks to sense the passage of green slimes over them, upon which point the blue slime will attempt to leech as much moisture as possible though the roots. As more of the blue slimes link up and split apart via "runners", they form an interconnected network below the whole of the terrarium.
>>
>>44366598
How long is each of the seasons?
>>
File: Vent slime.png (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Vent slime.png
2KB, 200x200px
>>44364536
Red slimes develop a set of tubes on their back to vent excess heat during the hotter dry season
>>
>>44367217
They look like a pair of eyes with crazy eyelashes.
>>
>>44367265
10 days terrarium time (each day for the terrarium is four hours) and the intermediate season between each 5 days, a whole cycle consisting of dry-transition-wet-transition lasts one month.

While this might seem like quick, slimes have short lifespans and being comprised mostly of, well, slime, means they dry out quickly.
>>
>>44365965
>>44366180
The blue slime cores that have leaped onto the green ironically function as a sort of shield against the sun, while the even more integrated lime slimes have become to form a sort of waxy cuticle that assists with not drying out. During the rainy season, the slimes reproduce rapidly, and extra fluid is forced into the lime slimes until they swell to twice the size of the green. During the dry season, the slimes cease to move and reproduce, relying on the fluid in the lime slimes until the lime slimes are almost entirely dessicated.

The blue slimes, in the meantime, act as parasites.
>>
File: GREEN.png (9KB, 1354x200px)
GREEN.png
9KB, 1354x200px
>>44367488
Forgot my image.
>>
File: GREEN fixed.png (8KB, 993x220px)
GREEN fixed.png
8KB, 993x220px
>>44367500
Oh wow, that's embarrassing, one moment.
>>
File: burrow.png (2KB, 200x200px)
burrow.png
2KB, 200x200px
>>44367275
Red slimes' sensors develop the ability to be used in order to dig for the blue rooted slimes, as well as to provide the ability for the red slime to venture below ground.
>>
File: Bloat slime.png (5KB, 322x226px) Image search: [Google]
Bloat slime.png
5KB, 322x226px
>>44365965
During a particularly rainy wet season some lime green slime is separated from its colony. The rains wash the slime into a pool where it flourishes. With each rainy season the slime grows to an enormous size because of the inundation of water and nutrients. As the dry season comes the slime shrinks down to a significantly smaller size due to the heat.
Few blue slimes are willing to prey on these silent behemoths due to their coloration.
>>
>>44367515
The ejected blue cores have been parasitised in turn by the green slimes, which use them as a sort of hat while spreading their cilia through them for photosynthesis, in addition to the light that they give off. In the meantime, they've converted their internal connection slimes into massive storage units.
>>
>>44367761
If I could stop forgetting my image, that'd be fantastic.
>>
File: Catch slime.png (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Catch slime.png
2KB, 200x200px
>>44367275
Some red slimes take to living inside colonies of green slime eating the cores of blue slime that live inside. These slimes develop their sensor appendages into net-like appendages that they use to catch incoming blue cores.
>>
Greens begin developing a series of long, rigid stalk-legs in order to slowly travel to better areas while being closer to the sun.
>>
File: Untitled11.jpg (51KB, 337x196px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled11.jpg
51KB, 337x196px
>>44368143
These reds rapidly evolve. The catching limbs grow in size and shift to a more dorsal location.
>>
File: 10 secs in MS paint.png (5KB, 342x200px) Image search: [Google]
10 secs in MS paint.png
5KB, 342x200px
A small subgroup of Blues evolve tiny wings. While not enough to sustain true flight, it allows them to dodge the new red evolution by allowing them to glide away from threats.

Unfortunately, this degrades their ground movement as it makes them a bit ungainly. Thus, while useful in the hotter seasons, rain and adverse weather means they tend to get eaten during the wet.
>>
File: Untitled12.jpg (46KB, 285x200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled12.jpg
46KB, 285x200px
>>44369315
These particular blues eventually learn that they can take up saftey on top of the green behemoths that are also prevalent in the wet season.
>>
>>44369472
>don't mind us, just sitting on top of this giant hat
>>
File: spacebrick and babies.png (2KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
spacebrick and babies.png
2KB, 400x250px
>>44351128
>>
File: BOMBER.png (5KB, 342x200px) Image search: [Google]
BOMBER.png
5KB, 342x200px
>>44369315
The wings extend further and are attached to the core, meaning that when the cores are ejected, they retain the wings. In order to avoid being repurposed as sun-covers by the green, they also grow small "landing gear" in order to rapidly absorb as much as possibly, then flee.
>>
>>44370479
Reds evolve stronger legs to perform sudden jumps to snatch blues out of the sky. Limbs form sharp digits to dig in and hold the flying blue.
>>
Don't die on me!
>>
>>44366736
Thanks!
>>
bumping for eclectic blue slime
>>
File: It's a slimey Christmas time !.png (176KB, 1000x702px) Image search: [Google]
It's a slimey Christmas time !.png
176KB, 1000x702px
It's a slimy Christmas time in the Terrarium !
What does Santa brings to each of the Colors, knowing that he (secretly !) is the Wizard conducting the experiment and can do pretty much what he wants ?
Also, merry Christmas /tg/ !
>>
>>44373891
SANTA BRINGS A NEW SPECIES
The semi-parasitic PURPLE SLIME!
who evolved from Red slimes and attach to blue slime. If they stay attached long enough (a week or so) it could be deadly to the blue slime
>>
>>44373891
Trees. As in miniature trees like you already showed on your picture. they photosynthesize and thus the formally carnivorous non phototropic species have an alternative source of food.
>>
>>44374148
Eh, the whole thing is purely about studying the slimes, trees are kind of a complex organism to introduce to such a primitive environment.

The blue slimes could use some better senses since they fly around one pure feeling of touch at the moment.
>>
>>44374186
Well then it's just algae in the shape of a christmas tree.

Giving the slimes another source of sustenance would further species diversification.

Besides it's christmas and the slimes deserve a present.
>>
>>44373891
What about some kind of christmas-themed hats ?
Then, we can charge them for more hats and get rich !
>>
>>44374217
Fair enough
>>
File: purple slime.png (19KB, 200x200px)
purple slime.png
19KB, 200x200px
>>44373926
>>
File: parasite slime.png (5KB, 278x197px) Image search: [Google]
parasite slime.png
5KB, 278x197px
>>44373926
>>44374904
Some of the purple slimes have found themselves attached to the blues who were already host to symbiotic greens,

The greens fed off the magical radiation the blues were charged with, the blues fed off the green inside them, and the purples feed off the blue, creating an almost entirely self sustaining system comprised of three organisms.
>>
File: red slime tree.png (60KB, 2448x388px) Image search: [Google]
red slime tree.png
60KB, 2448x388px
Some christmas gifts incoming
>>
File: Blue slime tree.png (59KB, 1832x700px)
Blue slime tree.png
59KB, 1832x700px
>>44374951
>>
>>44374913
I could draw, but I have no idea on how to make this: maybe the three different organism will somehow fuse into one, creating a whole new creature ?
>>
File: Green slime tree.png (132KB, 1822x1454px) Image search: [Google]
Green slime tree.png
132KB, 1822x1454px
>>44375013
>>
File: Sir_Brian_small.png (207KB, 310x540px)
Sir_Brian_small.png
207KB, 310x540px
>>44374951
>>44375013
>>44375086
nice
>>
>>44373891
So the reds got a new brother >>44373926
The blues got a new source of food>>44374148 >>44374217

What do the greens get now?
>>
>>44375133
A first step on the road to counsciousness ? Since they are already connected through their storage units
>>
>>44375232
what, some sort of
>hive mind
?
>>
>>44375680
>>44375232
Or maybe they can get a small semblance of an actual entity? Like a multicellular being
>>
>>44370479
The blue slime develops rudimentary organs for seeing on the edge of their wings. These organs can differentiate colour and size of objects, but not shape. With these organs it is easier for blue slimes to avoid being caught by red slimes.
>>
File: Untitled13.jpg (35KB, 168x130px)
Untitled13.jpg
35KB, 168x130px
>>44370505
This new jumping ability selects for longer legs in general
>>
File: antlion.png (10KB, 356x215px) Image search: [Google]
antlion.png
10KB, 356x215px
>>44367217
I know that this is a lot, but I haven't been here in a few hours and figured an evolution kickstart would be helpful.

To avoid the digging red slimes, the blue roots have sunk further into the ground and, courtesy of their "information highways" between one an other, have developed a rudimentary reaction-response not-quite-nervous-system. They now lay in wait; once the sensitive feelers at the top have been triggered, they quickly unsnap the middle roots and cause whatever has triggered it to fall into the void--directly to digestion. Because the red slimes use cilia to move quickly, they are often not enough to trigger the feelers, while the slow-moving green slimes are.

Also, are the armored green slimes kill? No one's done anything with them for ages.
>>
>>44376268
The blue slimes further develop their eyesight, as well as threading a hardened cuticle though the wing, which (by using microtubules and motor proteins) they can use to angle or even weakly "flap" in order to avoid the red jumping slides.

Also, OP, thank you kindly for the trees.
>>
File: NYOOM.png (5KB, 342x200px) Image search: [Google]
NYOOM.png
5KB, 342x200px
>>44378397
...and image.
>>
File: the brain.png (11KB, 993x220px)
the brain.png
11KB, 993x220px
>>44375133
The green slimes have a few further developments.

In the wet season, when the flying blue slimes do not attack as much, the lime slimes (which are vaguely edible to the red) now secrete a sort of nectar nutritious enough to sustain the catching reds until the dry season begins again, at which point the secreting stalks harden over with cuticle.

Speaking of the cuticle, the anti-blue cuticle from the lime slimes has grown over the bottom of the entire convoy in order to help protect against the booby trap rooted blues.

Finally, the storage units have also been transformed into rudimentary "decision-making centers", not quite to the level of a full nervous system, but the first step on the road to consciousness, coordinating the movement of all of the green and lime slimes together.
>>
>>44378624
YES
>>44378187
>Also, are the armored green slimes kill?
In the Evo threads, it's usual for some evolution branch to die at some point. But if you really want them back, I'm sure we can do something with them
>>
File: Untitled14.jpg (53KB, 285x200px)
Untitled14.jpg
53KB, 285x200px
The behemoth greens adapt to their easy life in the wet season. Their outer surface hardens for further protection, rendering them nearly immobile during this time of year. Due to the plentiful moisture and the light-food provided by their resident blues, this new sedentism only benefits them by conserving energy.
Simultaneously, many behemoths develop soft pockets in their tops to incentivize blues to roost on them rather than other behemoths.
>>
>>44379915
what benefits do the Behemoths get from blues exactly ?
>>
File: blorb.png (5KB, 411x239px) Image search: [Google]
blorb.png
5KB, 411x239px
>>44381006
The winged blue begin to take into themselves the green sustenance that the green slimes would have given to the lime slimes. After roosting on top of a behemoth for the duration of the wet season, leeching off of the excess mass, the blues eject the green mass to provide the lime smiles with more food during the dry season in order to ensure their favourite behemoths remain for the next wet.
>>
File: the brain 2.png (13KB, 993x220px)
the brain 2.png
13KB, 993x220px
The storage units experience another increase in size, this time to create a sort of rough ganglia in the centre of the storage unit that also unites the lime slimes.

The blue cores that had attempted to parasitise the green slime are slowly being consumed.
>>
File: WARFARE.png (13KB, 992x332px)
WARFARE.png
13KB, 992x332px
>>44381812
Some of the brainier slimes undergo another evolution.
During the wet season, the lime slimes can now, at will, incorporate an additional pheromone into the nectar that causes the red slimes to become significantly more aggressive and begin to attack other lime slimes that do not smell like "home". Red slimes without this "home" affinity fly into rages so destructive that they actually overexert themselves and die, selecting for those that can be calm around their "home" collectives. Now they wage war against other green slimes in the wet season: By using the red berserker to eat away their lime defence, the green slime can attempt to absorb the defenceless undifferentiated slimes in the centre of the collective in order to build up their own forces.
>>
Reds develop the ability to violently expell heated air, for a minor jumping boost, or for a midranged attack.
>>
>>44381006
The blues produce small amounts of light, similar enough to the sun to provide some sustenance to greens
>>
STAY ALIVE!
>>
>>44385567
*skeletons start to dance*
>>
>>44388343
rebump
>>
>>44382112
I like where this is going.
>>
I'm not home for a few days, otherwise I'd draw it myself but the red could develop a hardened shell like the others. Previously it wasn't needed but now it's engaged in combat with other reds it would be a useful addition.
>>
>>44367777
quadscheckem
>>
>>44335372
Evo Moon was me, yeah.

I'm not from aether. Thanks for the pleasant memory, though.
>>
Maybe a mega green/yellow behemoth forms after a long and drawn out war results in one green/yellow colony absorbin a half dozen others.
>>
File: Hardened Shell.png (22KB, 180x139px) Image search: [Google]
Hardened Shell.png
22KB, 180x139px
>>44389444
Due to the constant fighting, the reds slowly developp a hardened shell all over their form. Their slimey core still exists, but it's now reduced in size and protected inside a special layer of shell, less protective than the rest
>>
Stay alive pls
>>
>>44390655
your dubs compels me to follow your motion
Stay alive
>>
File: greenslime.png (3KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
greenslime.png
3KB, 500x500px
Hello, Fellow Wizard
I have been able to synthesize a large quantity of the original green slime. I would like to introduce it into the mini-environment and see what happens?
>>
File: Slime-trap slime.png (11KB, 356x215px) Image search: [Google]
Slime-trap slime.png
11KB, 356x215px
>>44378187
Blue slimes begin to spread a layer of fibrous tendrils close to the surface making it harder for tunneling red slimes to reach them. These tendrils release a luminous goo across the surface, drawing in green slimes and making it harder for those trapped in their pits to escape.
>>
bamp
>>
File: Green Parasites.png (29KB, 180x139px)
Green Parasites.png
29KB, 180x139px
>>44392753
The old school green slimes are at the mercy of every single other organism:
-The evolved green almost-hiveminds try to absorb them to gain more mass
-The flying blue parasite have an easy time jumping and leeching off of them
-the underground blues can equally easily suck them dry
-the reds attack them if they are in their berzerk rage mode
They have to get creative in this enviroment to survive.

Some of them attach to and around the feeding hole of reds and absorb the rage juice of the hiveminds, these reds have nothing more to gain and lose interest in the hiveminds.
Attached to the reds the OGs are shielded from the flying blues who do not dare to go near the reds and are also far enough above the ground to be safe from underground blues.

They are safe to thrive all over the bodies of the (from the hivemind independent) reds but where will the plain greenes go from here?

sorry for the shitty drawing
>>
>>44395280
Just a question: Since the reds were originally hanging out with the hiveminds in order to catch the blue parasites (and then be nourished by them during the wet season), how do the reds survive independent of the hiveminds?
>>
>>44395446
Eat blues, not all of them are flying ones.
>>
File: Symbiotic Greens.png (3KB, 200x200px)
Symbiotic Greens.png
3KB, 200x200px
>>44395446
Shit I completely forgot about that, I guess the reds can still hang around the hiveminds to catch blues and just stop eating the rage juice. I imagine that the reds still stay away just enough that the parasite greens are safe from the hivemind.

Or like this >>44395502
Actually this give me the idea that the parasite (or now rather symbiotic) greens try to assist the reds with digging by producing acid near their claws so that the reds can easier get food and therefore stay healthy and strong to protect the greens.
>>
Should we try to bring this back in a few days when this thread dies?
>>
>>44397724
I'm not experienced with EVO threads do they usually manage to make a comeback when they died before or do people lose interest because they weren't involved from the beginning?
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.