[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/ Christmas Wishlist Edition If you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 367
Thread images: 27

File: 1449046759578.jpg (103KB, 539x904px) Image search: [Google]
1449046759578.jpg
103KB, 539x904px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Christmas Wishlist Edition

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd

Previous Thread: >>44306440
>>
>>44317577
Dear Santa,
I want a Oriental Tian Xia Adventures, Glory to Taldor and Land of the Linnorm Kings Adventure Path.
>>
>>44317622

I lend my wish to this, for all of it is what I desire as well.

Granted, Land of the Linnorm Kings Adventure encompasses the other two as well, given how Ulfen are in the setting.

Speaking of, why are Ulfen described as smelling terrible when the people they're based on were supposed to smell great?
>>
My DM made me tie my dexterity to 17 when I rerolled a 5 to 17. I was planning on being an inquisitor of Gorum wearing heavy armor and blow a feat on it .Now I'm not so sure if it's worth it, especially since I can just get a mithral breastplate and grab combat reflexes at 1 instead.
>>
>>44317577
Dear Santa Claus,

Do you ever visit Golarion? If so, do you have any friends there? I'd really like to know.

Sincerely,

Anon
>>
First for Rick Scott is a lizard man.
>>
>>44317577
Dear Santa,

Please let me have a campaign without our That Guy. He's making the other players want to quit.
>>
Posting revised discipline through level three.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gXeNfD3iRUT3PH4dc5kMIkb-uqdtVuG0huRzLvCAaoo/edit?usp=sharing

>General idea
Muck Walker, a discipline founded on noxious chemicals and putrid flesh, originally invented by a troglodyte empire lost to time and now only passed down by their own oral traditions. Focuses on terrain based battlefield control and debuffing.

>Weapon Groups
Axes, Spears, Natural

>Associated Skill
Craft (Alchemy)

Well then, any feedback? Particularly on the 3rd level stance.
>>
>>44317740
Also.

Dear Santa Claus,

Please make me less shit as homebrewing

Sincerely,

A filthy tripfag
>>
>>44317577
Dear Santa,
Why are the lazy elves working in your workshop instead of the hardworking dwarves? You should approach them as their handicrafts and toys are made with intricate care. Dwarven Made.
>>
I thought he had a Santa hat
>>
Paizo gives you the opportunity to write 5 new archetypes. What classes do you combine?

>Main/Secondary
>>
I'm working on a campaign based in the Midgard Setting but with a more steampunk level of tech, using some Pure Steam rules. I've got a few questions and concerns and would love some advice.

1-How shouldI stat up Power Armor like pic related? I figured it'd be powered by thunderstones like the piston maul, and only come in late game when martials in heavy armor get eclipsed. I'm basing it on Arcanum's Machined Plate and by proxy Fallout's Power armor, obviously.

2-Should I be concerned about there being too many powerful guns? Armor users would get hosed if I use the current RAW, but I also don't want to completely neuter firearms when they finally get to shine. How could I make melee more attractive so the whole party doesn't gunslinger it up?

3-Is there anything insanely unbalanced, weak, or dumb in the Pure Steam book that I should avoid or ban outright?
>>
My wishlist:

>Official material that actually gives martial characters options to affect the battlefield as part of their action, without having to trade damage and combat utility for it.
>A GOOD adventure path. Seriously, you guys wrote Crimson Throne and haven't made anything remotely as decent since.
>More waifus. More waifus forever.
>>
>>44317817
Witch and Mesmerist. 9th level spells, shitty BaB, access to an expanded illusion spell list with a particular focus on shadow spells. Gives some of the Mesmerists base class abilities in exchange for (most) hexes. Uses shadow instead of familiar to commune with patron, similar to the Shadowcaster Wizard.
>>
>>44317817

The most bullshit infuriating arcane caster that can I can get away with
>>
>>44317577
Dear Santa:
Pilebunker, that is all.
>>
>>44317670
They don't smell terrible. They smell different. Remember that most of the people who meet the Ulfen live in cities where the most common form of sewage disposal is "throw it in the street, the rain will take care of it."

For all the rest of the world knows, people are supposed to smell like horseshit and smoke. Someone smelling like leather and flowers probably seems weird.
>>
>>44317890
So a darker-themed Beguiler?
>>
>>44317817
>Oracle/Inquisitor
Exorcist, uses a new central mechanic called flagellations, that combine the concept of curses and mysteries. It uses a give and take system of self harm for power. It also has similar knowledge bonuses as the inquisitor while taking their judgement ability and specifically making it for particular kinds of creatures that they choose, called exorcisms.

>Alchemist/Gunslinger
Technologist, generally founded on the concept of the right tool for the right job. Instead of discoveries they have inventions, and these inventions can take the form of particular weapons/tools for a task. The two main paths they choose is whether they want one major invention (leading towards an artifact as a capstone) or many small inventions (a magic arsenal).

>Summoner/Magus
Does not summon entire creatures, instead it's main thing is summon bits of creatures. It'd be a more in depth version of the synthesis summoner, but instead of simply going off the eidolon it'd have an entirely separate system.

>Paladin/Witch
Called a seeker, they would be a LG locked person much like paladins, but instead of being trained they were chosen by a patron. They would convert lay on hands and hexes into a new offensive version using melee touch attack specific hexes. In addition they would have 6th level casting rather than 4th or 9th.

>Cavalier/Ranger
A mounted woodsman, would probably be the least distinct, but would centrally have a "pack" mechanic where they have multiple animals in their service. A huntsman would be a good example of this.
>>
>>44317817
Druid Barbarian. The real Bear-shirt.
>>
>>44317949
Didn't 3.x have something like that? I remember a berserker class that could pick animal totems.
>>
>>44317979
Bear Warrior, it wasn't too bad of a PrC. Same with Primeval; not the best, but it was certainly an interesting option.
>>
>>44317817

Cavalier / Bard - The Battle Maestro. Less on combat, more on teamwork, leadership and boosting troop morale.

Alchemist / Gunslinger - The Blackpowder Chemist. Can imbue infusions, formulas, bombs, bomb discoveries, poisons, and alchemic items to firearms.

Monk / Druid - The Feral Hermit. Gain Wildshape and Style Feats associated with their Wildshape ala Animal Style Martial Arts.

Witch / Mesmerist - The Femme Fatale. The Lady Spy good at taking information, feeding misinformation and implanting suggestions with their Charms (a replacement of the Hex.)

Swashbuckler / Slayer - The Dark Hunter. An agile acrobat who can climb, jump and tumble through obstacles with relative ease, delivering a single well-aimed killing blow before disappearing back into the night.
>>
>>44317817
I assume you meant hybrid classes
>>
>>44317817
>Gunslinger/Fighter: Hunter
I want to hunt beasts
>>
>>44317936
>Exorcist
>Flagelations
You a mean a Zealot or a Fanatic, right?
>>
>>44317927
I've never played a beguiler, but i assume they're a pure illusionist? Then yeah I'd say so. This archetype would retain most of the witch spell list, just add a bunch of phantasms and shadow spells that witches can't normally get, even with the Shadow Patron.
>>
>>44318037
Yeah, that name would work better, and change out exorcisms for "absolutions" or something.
>>
>>44317817
Gunslinger/Alchemist.

Get rid of all that poison shit and a few discoveries and get guns and stuff.

Closest we have is the Steel Hound Investigator, but that has no bombs.
>>
>>44317936
The Technologist does not strike me as Alchemist + Gunslinger.
Maybe Alchemist + Wizard or Alchemist + Summoner, but not gunslinger.
>>
>>44317740
why this flavor in particular anon

is this some weird magical realm stuff
>>
>>44317936
>>44318003
>>44318068
Everyone wants Gunslinger x Alchemist as either a combination of the Demoman, Engineer or the Alchemical version of the Eldritch Archer. And frankly, that should be a very obvious hybrid class but Paizo are idiots, so we're never getting it.
>>
>>44317998
Nah it wasn't a prestige class.. I think it was in deities and demigods.
>>
Is Improved Critical (Ray) a valid choice? Are its effects doubled by spell perfection? What about the effects of mythic improved critical?
>>
>>44317817
>Cavalier/Druid
The Wild Rider forges a close bond with a creature that serves as both Mount and Animal Companion, and rather than men, beasts flock to his banner.

>Spiritualist/Mesmerist
The Possessor projects forth a ghostly incarnation of her own ego, modeled on her idealized self, and uses this not only to fight, but to bring others under her dominion.

>Alchemist/Druid
The Splicer uses his vast potionery to both temporarily and later permanently imbue himself and his allies with the advantages of beasts.

>Barbarian/Brawler
The Ragefist, rather than wielding a mighty blade or massive cudgel, tears through the enemy with her bare hands.

>Magus/Kineticist/Barbarian
Calling on the elements, the sun, or even his own fighting spirit for power, the Conduit Blade strikes at foes with both strength and skill, tapping into a powerful Overdrive to overcome greater foes - at the risk of his life and health.
>>
File: erum-hel stats.png (886KB, 921x1196px) Image search: [Google]
erum-hel stats.png
886KB, 921x1196px
This guy is cool, I wanna fight him
>>
>>44318076
If it's someone's magical realm it isn't mine. It is because my original suggestion Mummer's Mask was misread as Mummer's Musk, and I decided to roll with it to create a scent/cloud based battlefield control discipline.

And I doubt this is anyone's magical realm, it is literally slime/pus/noxious fumes. That's extreme even for /d/.
>>
>>44318182
>mfw spoiler tag didn't work on that last one

Confound it.
>>
>>44317577
Dear Santa,

For Christmas I would like DSP to have more money please. They could really use it, even if they aren't doing their job for fat profits.

>>44317740
This isn't really mechanical feedback, but... Are you open to changing the name of it? Maybe this is just personal taste, but I think Muck Walker sounds like a pretty lame name.

You could go for something cooler, like... "Toxic Wave" or "Mortis Stride".

>>44317817
>Paladin/Bard
Spread the good word of goodness with the power of song and dance. Doesn't have to be lawful (but still has a code). Swaps Divine Bond for Gospel Performance, which is basically Bardic Performance. Swaps some other bits for limited Bardic Knowledge+Lore Master.

>Monk/Druid
The ki mystic wildshaping monk everyone by which I mean me has always wanted. No fucking idea how it functions, though.

Inquisitor/Investigator
"Mundane" detectives for the church that didn't have a knack for casting. Gets alchemy instead of divine casting and inspiration instead of some other bits.
>>
>>44318163
Wait, double checked it is a prestige class, page 200 of deities and demigods just called the berserk.
>>
>>44317817
I want to make a Triple Hybrid Class.
The Necromancer + Alchemist + Summoner

A class that focuses on making an Eidolon by assimilating the essences of slain enemies and using these essences to induce evolution upon the Eidolon.

Example:
In a span of the adventure, you have killed a Hypogriff, a Cloaker and a Nightmare.

You can extract the Hypogriff's wings (fly speed 60ft), the Cloaker's skin (miss chance 50%) and the Nightmare's maw (breath of fire) and implant those qualities to your Eidolon.
>>
>>44318232
So, you fleshcraft your Eidolon?
>>
>>44318245
Yep. I'm thinking that the limitations would be the essences based off the slain creature's HD must not exceed your Eidolon's HD.
>>
>>44318223
>This isn't really mechanical feedback, but... Are you open to changing the name of it? Maybe this is just personal taste, but I think Muck Walker sounds like a pretty lame name.

Completely open. I couldn't come up with a name so someone suggested Muck Walker as a stand in.

I'm not sure if I like Toxic Wave or Mortis Stride but maybe something a little more guttural (if that makes sense).

Putrified Flesh? Decayer's Deal? I am unsure, but I am very open to names.

Mortis Stride is pretty cool, will change to that for now
>>
>>44318108
>demoman
Really no difference from the current Alchemist, adding the Gunslinger doesn't do much there.
>engineer
Like putting down turrets and shit? Might be cool, but in PF that's pretty much magic item crafting and constructs
>alchemical eldritch archer
Grenadier kind of does that, but the archetype feels like it was heavily nerfed from a version that was more in line with the Eldritch Archer
>>
>>44318292
For the Demoman, I think he means having a cannon that shoots bombs.

Rocket Bomb really should have worked like that, but for some reason they felt the need to make that not work with fast bombs.
>>
>>44318223
>No fucking idea how it functions, though.
I can make a list of what I'd want for Monk / Druid.

-Claws are treated as Monk Weapons and level up similar to Unarmed Strikes.
-Bonus Style Feats such as Tiger Style and Wolf Style with bonuses should you wildshape to the appropriate creature
-Natural Armor
-Ki Abilities tied with Animal Ferocity such as gaining scent, a bleeding attack, pounce, etc.

>>44318292
>Really no difference from the current Alchemist, adding the Gunslinger doesn't do much there.
The Alchemist does not have a grenade launcher. Nor does one exist in the weapons table. I was hoping the Alche x Slinger's class feature involves making his own custom bomb gun which he can apply bomb discoveries to.

>Like putting down turrets and shit? Might be cool, but in PF that's pretty much magic item crafting and constructs
You use craft construct + craft alchemy to temporarily animate crossbows. You can do the same and animate your bombs so that they may be flying/crawling mines.
>>
>>44318346
Well there's grenades and grenade launchers in the technology guide at least.
>>
File: elf_engineer.jpg (375KB, 686x900px) Image search: [Google]
elf_engineer.jpg
375KB, 686x900px
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XkoqXlPwmQjVx2CsRBsh1zsXmZvuRWh9dCw2djS7BAg/edit?usp=sharing

Futurist Summoner, looking for a bit more feedback.

I posted it a couple of weeks ago but I didn't get a whole heap of feedback on the idea.
>>
>>44318365
None of those work with the Alchemist bombs though. Not even if you rolled a grenadier, ironically.
>>
>>44318346
>animate your bombs so that they may be flying/crawling mines
Already exists, Syringe Stirge discovery.
I get the rest of it though, having a cool customizable gun would be fun, though being able to temporarily animate crossbows sounds like a limited version of Animate Object as an entire class.
>>
>>44318346
>You use craft construct + craft alchemy to temporarily animate crossbows. You can do the same and animate your bombs so that they may be flying/crawling mines.

The latter sounds like a fun alchemist archetype. More or less a Trapmaster Alchemist who makes intelligent death traps to defend his laboratory against greedy murderhobos.
>>
>>44318404
>though being able to temporarily animate crossbows sounds like a limited version of Animate Object as an entire class.

You're thinking small.
You're an alchemist. Those aren't regular crossbow bolts - they're poisoned.
And the crossbow itself is booby-trapped that destroying it triggers the bomb you implanted inside it that serve as its power source.

Maybe at later levels, you can animate larger objects such as ballistas and cannons. Making this class the Alchemist version of the Siege Mage.
>>
>>44318404
>Syringe Stirge discovery

Its a shitty discovery.
>full round action
>waste two bombs to make
>doesn't explode on death
>injects the bomb into the bloodstream (something not all monsters in the bestiary have) instead of blowing up the enemy and all its adjacent allies.
>>
File: th.jpg (8KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
8KB, 300x225px
>Summon Monster
>Melee touch attack to insert delayed blast fireball into summoned monster.
>Send Monster on a charge towards enemy
>Repeat until no enemies.
>Detonate remaining summoned monsters, because explosions are your only true friends.
>>
>>44318549
Dip into Alchemist so you can also implant bombs.
>>
>>44317850
Any insight on this anons?
>>
>>44317817
Guys, I thought of a hybrid fix for the Kineticist.

Kineticist + Monk (aka a Saiyan)
The Kineticist gains a Ki Pool and Improved Unarmed Attack and Flurry.

Burn affects your Ki Pool instead of your CON

Gather Power replenishes your Ki. At later Levels, Gathering Power exceeding our Ki Pool makes you a Super Saiyan, granting bonuses to Accuracy, Damage per round equal to your level.

You can use Flurry of Blows on your Kinetic Blasts

Thoughts?
>>
>>44318662
You fixed the godawful Burn mechanic, addressed the piss poor damage AND improved Gather Power's mechanics? Very Nice.

Hope you know shit about making proper homebrewed archetypes.
>>
>>44318387
There's a bomb launcher for that.

Also, it's like people just ignore explosive missile existing.
>>
>>44318662
I like it. Burning Ki instead of Con and replenishing Ki with Gather Power is very thematic.
>>
>>44317740
Asking for feedback once more before I start writing the level 4 maneuvers. Has anyone read through the maneuvers yet for mechanical/flavor feedback?
>>
>>44318733
>Benefit: As a standard action, the alchemist can infuse a single arrow, crossbow bolt, or one-handed firearm bullet with the power of his bomb
>STANDARD ACTION
>ONE-HANDED FIREARM

Its shit
>>
>>44318829
Oh no!

You are going to do ~2 average damage less than with a two handed gun! That's obviously shit!
>>
>>44318836
You also cannot make a full attack with it.
Nor can you apply bomb discoveries on it.

Yeah, its shit.
>>
>>44318201
do you have the lore page?

I haven't read about him before
>>
File: erum-hel lore.png (491KB, 921x1196px) Image search: [Google]
erum-hel lore.png
491KB, 921x1196px
>>44318890
>>
>>44318935
thanks man!
>>
File: 1450166894123.jpg (150KB, 1280x967px) Image search: [Google]
1450166894123.jpg
150KB, 1280x967px
>>44318836
Its not the firearm damage I'm after moron, I can do a large chunk it that with my bombs.

Its the range I'm after. And by extension, its ranged touch attack.
And as >>44318879 stated.
Its shit because you cannot fast-bomb it.
>>
>>44318954
Is that a Lance with a Minigun attachment?

WANT.
>>
>>44318662
That idea was suggested a while ago on /tg/

Burn becomes a pool much like Ki
>Everything that adds burn decreases the pool.
>Gather Power/Supercharge lower the cost
>Infusion specialization/Composite specialization/Metakinesis master all lower cost
>Internal buffer is a pool that allows you to bypass your turn by turn spending limit
>Elemental Overflow kicks in when you spend points ie. spend 3 points at level 6 for the lowest form to spend 7 points to gain highest benefits

This completely removes the non-lethal issue and can keep Con mod as the stat for the pool's modifier. This also opens up easy ports to feats like Extra Ki to increase the Burn pool and eases the mechanical aspect of archetype design (rendering Monk, Unchained Monk, and Ninja as immediate options - but with a little tweaking could easily do a Swashbuckler/Samurai based on Kinetic Blade, a Gunslinger that shoots elemental bullets).
>>
Found this while searching my text files for something else:

Unchained Monk Full Attack:

+20/+20/+20/+20/+20/+20/+20/+15/+15/+15/+10/+5

20/15/10/5 from BAB
20/20 from flurry of blows
20/20 from medusa's wrath
20 from haste
20 from ki
15/15 from elbow smash

Chained Monk Full Attack:

+18/+18/+18/+18/+18/+18/+13/+13/+8/+8/+3

18/13/8/3 from Virtual BAB
18/13/8 from flurry of blows
18/18 from medusa's wrath
18 from haste
18 from ki

Sacred Fist Full Attack:

+13/+13/+13/+13/+8/+8/+3/+3/-2

13/8/3/-2 from virtual BAB
13/8/3 from flurry of blows
13 from haste
13 from ki
>>
>>44318879
>>44318954
Modern guns, one handed included already have pretty good range for penetrating anyway (and since you mentioned grenade launchers I assume they are available).

You can't fast bomb, but you get massively improved bomb range, you can apply stuff you can apply to ranged attacks, for example combining with grenadier and hybridizing funnel for massive single target damage, and a bit of extra AoE.
>>
>>44318201
Rhoka Swords are cool but they really needed a special ability to be worth the Exotic Weapon Proficiency, not just being a cutlass with +1 damage.
>>
>>44318993
>a Gunslinger that shoots elemental bullets
No offense, but I don't think anyone would bother with the Kinetic Gunman when the Spellslinger + Eldritch Archer archetype's named bullet + disintegrate combo is several leagues better.
>>
>>44319060
Plus the Gunsmoke Mystic exists.
>>
Question regarding the PsyArm.

Since I can't take the emulate melee and emulate ranged weapon blade skills, does this mean I'm stuck with a mindblade with only a 19-20 crit range?

Is there any way I can make it 18-20 (15-20 with Keen)?
>>
>>44319051
Most exotic weapons suffer from this, or they're even worse off by being equal to or even outright outclassed by martial weapons.

It's a shame so many cool weapons are rendered shitty like that. If only there were more easy ways to get exotic weapon proficiencies for free.
>>
>>44319051
you can take a trait that treats the rhoka as a family heirloom you are automatically proficient with.
>>
> Human Shadow:
> Halflings seem to pop up wherever humans are found, in part because they actively support and move with human explorers, settlers, and travelers without drawing attention to themselves. These halflings can use Stealth to hide behind creatures at least one size category larger than themselves, without any other source of concealment or cover. As long as the halflings are within 30 feet of a human, they gain a +2 racial bonus on Sleight of Hand checks and Stealth checks. This racial trait replaces keen senses and sure-footed.

So I can use this to hide behind the enemy?
>>
>>44319200
You are outdated by at least 3 years anon. That trait was change to Simple and Martial weapon only.
>>
>>44319160
Like the Elven Curve Blade and Nodachi. I still don't get how they fucked that up.

Curve blade has it's uses now that Rogues get 1.5x dex to damage when two handing, but unless you're an elf or half elf you ain't going to bother.

Exotic Weapons are usually not worth it, but there are a few good ways to get proficient in them, such as worshiping a deity who grants a good weapon, being a half elf, or having weapon familiarity, though most of those suck.

A few weapons have entire builds focused on them, like the whip, Dorn-Dergar, Falcata, Fauchard, etc, so it's worth it to take them.

Consider the Fauchard and Falcata especially. If you're considering taking the improved critical feat, you should take a good look at these weapons. They are excellent.
>>
>>44319273
seriously? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK Paizo and their "martials can't have nice things" stance.
>>
>>44319273
Even if was exotic, I'm pretty sure Rhokas are almost exclusively used by monsters in the underdark.

Katana and Estoc are easier in that regard.
>>
>>44319288
Nodachi doesn't let you use Dex. Even before 1.5x builds 2 hander dex builds did exist.
>>
>>44317577
Ok, let me start with my wishes:
I wish I knew how to break this circle of apathy.
I wish I was more committed to my routine.
I wish I had more time to understand my courses and classes.
I wish I could understand why I am pestered by my past and how I can let it go already.
I wish I wouldn't feel immediately fucking down whenever I think about approaching a woman.
I wish I could adopt kids and be the father I wish I really had and make them happy and succesful.
I wish the state would stop taking children from families with almost no issues and release them much worse than they have been, my brother for an example*same goes for the psych wards, poor guy*.
I wish I could give some alien visitor my CV and we get off of this fucking planet, a fucking new start radically, would even be willing to live my life in a space suit almost all the time.

My friends call me a resilient person, but even I have the feeling that something is broken.
I just can't find it yet.
>>
>>44318207
>I doubt this is anyone's magical realm
It is always someone's magical realm. See rule 34. I wouldn't be surprised to see porn featuring your discipline soon.
>>
>>44319422
Go cry somewhere else emo kid.
>>
>>44319420
Why would someone do a 2 hand build if they can't add 1.5x damage though?
>>
>>44319455
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>44319479
kek
>>
>>44319463
Reach and PA.
>>
>>44317817

Witch/magus: "WARlock". Trade out most spells, and give the class a metric shit-ton of hexes/invocations that can be powered up by the magi's arcane pool. Other than that, it's really just a magus with 3.5's warlock grafted on and a bit of magic-PoW thrown in for good measure. Play it up as the witch version of a paladin, whose patrons can range from the bloody legions of the Cardinal Martyr, to the loyal chosen of a lesser demon lord, and anything in-between.

Summoner (synthesist)/barbarian: "Shifter". Simply a warrior who uses transmutation magic to an extreme to craft himself into the ultimate warrior. Versatile front liner that can change his body daily to confront whatever situation lies before him. Evolution points and adjustable stats/skills are a must.

Alchemist/gunslinger. "Scoundrel". Cleverness, guts, tech, explosions, fangirls. Pretty much throw Han Solo, Rocket Raccoon, MacGyver, Indiana Jones, and so on into a blender and hope for the best.

Kineticest/Warmage (3.5): "Elementalist". I just want a competent blaster, is that so much to ask?

Fighter/A designer who doesn't have their head shoved so far up their own ass that they are emerging out of their own mouth: "Fighter". I want fighters to be good. The recent buffs were nice and all, but c'mon. Fighters still need some love.
>>
>>44319553
>Alchemist/gunslinger. "Scoundrel"
You described the Investigator, man. Not the Alchemist.
>>
>>44319422
I can't guarantee you that everything is going to be alright, anon, but know this. Someone, somewhere, cares about you and genuinely wants to see you happy - or at the very least, someone somewhere wouldn't stand by and watch if you tried to kill yourself in front of them.

Let them help you, and if that doesn't work? There are people whose job it is to help people just like you. You are not alone, even if you think you deserve to be - but you can't benefit from that if you don't let them help you.

In the same way that ungroomed hair grows messy, twisted, and dandruff-filled, so too does an ungroomed heart grow heavy and dusty and choking. And if your own heart is suffocating you - isn't it time to call for help?

I know you may not see the point in anything anymore, but look at where you are. This game. This thread. This board. Isn't that something you care about? Aren't those reasons to live? Or at the very least, excuses to put off death for just one more day?

I know, I know. I'm just some sad sack of Mountain Dew and M&M's wasting my life on an anonymous imageboard in a thread for a subpar game in a subpar system. But please - just trust me on this one little thing.
>>
>>44319595

I know that investigators are extremely versatile, and can be built to fill that role, but in my head it's like comparing Sherlock Homes to the Goddamn Batman. Similar, but very different.
>>
>>44319595
The Steel Hound(gunslinger) Investigator still doesn't get bombs. I think what people want is the ability to toss bombs while full attacking with guns.
>>
>>44319730

Actually, investigator with deeds, bombs, guns, 80's action movie writing. Seems like fun, no?
>>
>>44319753
Sounds fucking badass it is.

Maybe just make it an archetype that stacks with Steel hound that replaces Studied Strike with bombs?
>>
alright
so I am at a bit of a loss
I have built about 6 or so characters over the last week from the ground up with fully fleshed out 5-6 paragraph backstories each and am trying to find inspiration for my next one.

so far I have made a; Magus, Sorcerer, Bloodrager, Cleric, Rogue, and Ranger.
I am looking for some nice ideas to get me started on my next character. Does anyone know of any websites that have people sharing builds or talking about their characters and what they have done?

or does anyone here have any cool ideas for me?
Pictures of characters are also good too since I tend to gravitate toward certain pictures and make up stories surrounding them

also I guess tell me about your current character /pfg/ how are things going for her/him?
>>
File: delusionist_1.jpg (203KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
delusionist_1.jpg
203KB, 760x596px
The new Shadow Enchantment spells are pretty great.
>>
>>44319792
How about this
>>44319779
>>
>>44319817
Investigator/Gunslinger?

mite b cool
I tend to avoid the firearm classes though. Never have really liked all the additional fluff rules that surround them.
>>
>>44319834
You mean the way firearms work or the fluff of the gunslinger class?

Also don't be afraid to work out of your comfort zone. I completely ignored the Investigator as a shitty non combat character until I reread the rules. Way better than I thought.
>>
>>44319857
the rules surrounding jamming, specific ammunition types, gun types, gun availability and all that jazz just make things seem much more complex than they need to be and I just kind of shy away from it.

Maybe I should make a gunslinger or some firearm user though so that I better understand the rules of how they work. Couldn't hurt.
>>
>>44319879
Yeah the gun rules are pretty bizarre. Muskets being more accurate than bows, being harder to use, being insanely expensive. Misfiring makes sense, etc.
>>
Would anyone happen to have the latest Pathfinder adventure path (Hell's Rebels #4)? I'm curious about the the new NPCs they have added to previous campaigns and I wanted to check them out.
>>
>>44319879
They're fairly simple once you sit down and have a look at it.

And Advanced guns simplify it further. since even if you keep using a misfired gun, you don't have to worry about shit like it exploding or nothing.

I like guns myself so I'm fairly clued in on them, as much as one can be.
>>
>>44320016
Should guns really target touch AC? I always thought that was odd.
>>
>>44317817
Anti-Paladin/Druid based on Treerazer that infects his enemies with fungus so they count as plants and coincidentally has many plant abilities.

Bard/Ranger that tries to be the fighter/rogue/druid bard originally was.

Fighter/Sorceror that is essentially Dragon Disciple in a can.

Barbarian/Druid trades away rage and rage powers for wild shape and special "wild powers" similar to rage powers but used whilst transformed. Possibly an AC bonus mechanic to give it a focus on being unarmored.

Medium/Wizard. A medium that prepares a certain number of spirits each day and can copy new spirits into his spirit urn.
>>
>>44320036
Unless you take a specific class they only do so within the first range increment, though advanced guns do so at all increments.

Steelforge has some alternate rules revolving around "armor penetration" that changes up guns, crossbows etc i think currently up for playtest.
>>
>>44320036
Well...

It makes sense for a lot of armor. That bullet's probably still gonna go through things like Leather or possible chain.

But then there's things like full plate.

The AP system that DSP are using for Steelforge is nice, but that's just more math that has to be done for every attack, so I can understand just having it be all or nothing.

Meanwhile, the difficulty of dodging bullets is completely skipped over.

I'm not saying it all makes sense.

>>44320074
Advanced Guns hit touch for the first five increments, not all. But that's usually enough.

And if you're sniping someone, you've probably got the scope that lets you hit touch at any range anyway.
>>
>>44320085
>It makes sense for a lot of armor. That bullet's probably still gonna go through things like Leather or possible chain.

I'm this anon >>44317850

Would it be a reasonable change for balance sake that light armor has no ACP, but guns penetrate all touch AC, but heavy armor and breastplates only get targeted at touch after a sunder or within 10 feet?

I'm just trying to figure out a wake for armor to still be relevant, especially if the party gets to a level where that suit of steam power armor comes in.
>>
>>44320085
What exactly IS an increment?
>>
>>44320148
One range increment is its listed range.

Each increment incurs a -2 penalty on the attack roll. A weapon's MAXIMUM range is 10 increments.
>>
>>44320184
So if I take Mosin, with a range increment of 80, it's second increment is 81-160 feet, and it's last increment is 800 feet?

If so, I understand now.
>>
>>44320228
Correct.
>>
>>44320228
TFW your online groups keep splitting before you get to Russia in Reign of Winter.
>>
>>44318201
>that sword
>those stats
He's an urdefhan?
>>
Good December morning, /pfg/! I'm looking for some aid with a curious situation. DM has told me to prepare a new character for after this story arc's completion. My poor, tragic Soul Weaver is going to be forced to make the ultimate sacrifice in the finale (provided she doesn't die before that). For this new character, she's encouraging me to play things a bit differently than I'm used to.

My next character comes with a caster's background and the magic plot longsword my last character was chasing after to stop the end of the world. (Jeez, prolly woulda been nice to have earlier, amirite?) So my new character should definitely be some sort of gish build utilizing a Spheres of Power casting class. I'm familiar with SoP, but not really comfortable with martial. Can anyone suggest a good guide or otherwise point me in a direction for utilizing this?

Additionally, as part of the story, I'm getting a boosted version of human that has +2 to all ability scores (like Thassilonian) for this next character, so I can focus any stat quite easily.
>>
>>44319808
Don't forget to looks through Psychic list when you're using that. They get some goodie that is not on Sorcerer/Wizard list.
>>
>>44320634
I dunno. I think the telekinetic handbook has an archetype that grows lots of arms and throws shit. I think its intended for gishing.

Nobody actually plays spheres of power any more, the hype has died down a lot for it as its flaws have become apparent. It gets only a few people around here who still regularly post about it. Ask the guy who always posts little girls, he knows stuff.
>>
File: 1438795887992.jpg (235KB, 1077x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1438795887992.jpg
235KB, 1077x1200px
Where do you look for your characters art?
When possible, i use art for the WoWTCG, given there's no iconic armor that might get recognized.
I have this weird thing about choosing a portrait; i'd rather not use 3d, and keep it obscure-ish. I don't want to be "the guy who doesn't have enough imagination to come up with his concept, so he uses someone else ideas" so blatantly.

I would've loved to use pic related for my next arcanist, but m-muh hearthstone ruined it.
>>
>>44321510
G'damn Cabal Shadowpriests.

'Let me change your mind' my ass, getcher mitts off my dudes.
>>
>>44321578
Are you injured?
>>
File: Josef.png (670KB, 577x727px) Image search: [Google]
Josef.png
670KB, 577x727px
>>44321510
Legend of the Cryptids has great art. Pic related is my Inquisitor of Gorum.
>>
>>44321601
I'm sorry, were you assuming you were even IN by deck, as opposed to superior dragon youths?
>>
Rolling up an Insinuator Anti-Paladin. Probably going Tiefling, Fetchling or some other "Evil-looking" race to really play up the selfish monster i will be. A selfish monster who sees the party as invaluable tools of course and gives them all the respect and love he gives his sword, his boots, his horse etc.

But i was wondering which outsiders I'm supposed to invoke. If I'm NE i can grab elementals, aeons and psychopomps but none are on the summon monster 3 list, so I'd have to settle for summoning a small elemental from the summon monster 2 list instead right?
As i understand it i have to pick an Outsider of the patron's alignment which i think overrides the "Chaotic Or Evil Subtype/Fiendish Animal" requirement of the regular Antipaladin, otherwise Anti-Paladins channeling the neutral alignments cant summon shit.
>>
File: Duergified.jpg (469KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
Duergified.jpg
469KB, 900x800px
>>44321635
By playing around with stretching i made this guy into a great Duergar Martial Kineticist.
>>
File: kosm.jpg (137KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kosm.jpg
137KB, 640x480px
Alright /pfg/, what's the best build for pure speed and evasion? I'm DMing soon and I want an enemy character whose schtick is being a giant coward and just running away and leading the party into other monsters and traps. CR of 10 but it doesn't have to stick to that.
Pic related.
>>
>>44321655
What books are you allowed to use? Is 3pp ok?
>>
>>44321697
Third party is probably a no-go. We've had issues with that in the past. I mean I could just DM fiat his rules but that wouldn't feel as satisfying.
>>
>>44321708
What about 3.5 material? I'm asking because there's a feat that's 3pp for pathfinder but is basically a port of a 3.5 feat. It allows you to add your shield AC to your Touch AC. It doesn't sound like much at first, but if you add it on to somebody like a monk or an oracle that's already getting WIS or CHA to AC it can add up significantly.
>>
>>44321734
>shield
>monk AC bonus
>>
>>44321757
No, it doesn't work with monk (unless you use 3rd party stuff, hence why I asked) but it does work with Oracle, which I also mentioned.
>>
>>44321757
Get a wand of shield and a wand of mage armor. Suddenly your Monk has an absurd amount of AC.
>>
>>44321734
3.5 ports are probably fine.
>>
File: Robert Fitzwalter.jpg (97KB, 720x689px) Image search: [Google]
Robert Fitzwalter.jpg
97KB, 720x689px
>>44321510
Osprey, because sod the "belts, pouches and pauldrons" style art.
>>
>>44317869
We do have official material. It's called DSP and the Weapon Master's Handbook.
>>
>>44321792
Well, I can't find the 3.5 version of the feat. I thought it was Active Shield Defense, but that is not it.

Oracle of Nature with the Nature's Whisper Revelation gets CHA to AC and CMD. Take a 1 level dip in monk for WIS to AC as well. Bracers of Armor, or as an anon said above Wands of Mage Armor and Shield to add even more AC. After that it comes down to feats and some better magic items. Cloak of Blur is a good one, AC is a sucker's game usually.
>>
>>44321790
But he's not blowing three feats on more touch AC.
>>
>Cloak of Arachnida provides immunity to web
Neat this sounds like a great item to he-
>Still half to move at half speed through it
WHY? 14k gold it should fucking provide total immunity to the one fucking thing its there for.
>>
>>44321773
There are shield monks? Where?
>>
> Christmas Wishlist

Unarmored Samurai ala Musashi.
>>
Does anyone else feel PC's stats are too low?
I mean yeah yeah we can raise the point buy, but i don't think there's a problem at level 1-2 etc. I mean like level 4-5ish when monster ACs and HP pools start climbing PCs rely on costly magic items to remain in the ballpark. Should PCs at level 8ish really be only 2 points stronger than they were at level one plus some magical aid to give +4 to one or two stats?
>>
Wishlist
>Her love and affection
>Brawler and Slayer Path of War Archetypes
>a six pack of Pepsi blue
>A Mystic with a less confusing recovery mechanic
>Better archetypes/prestige for Psions that aren't gishes/shitty.
>Unchained Martial Artist Monk
>Peace on Earth
In that order
>>
>>44322080
Honestly stat scaling, monster AC, and monster HP are all kinds of fucked up.

A basic level 1 adventurer has to be "superhuman" to be competant at their fucking job.

If I could redo the system, I would change it to where 10 is average, with 18 being where you start getting into notably good but not GODLIKE UBERMENCSH territory. I would also work more stat ups into PC growth, and just axe shit like belts of giant strength, headbands of Int, etc. Or up their cost significantly, but not balance encounters around the assumption that PC's have them.
>>
>>44322015
Bushi Stalker? Is that even a thing?
>>
>>44322080
at 3rd level and every 3 levels thereafter (up to 18th level), increase one new ability score by +2, and increase all ability scores previously increased in this fashion by another +2. This replaces the non-unique headbands and belts.

At 21st level, and every 3 levels thereafter, increase all ability scores by +2, and increase another ability score by +2.
>>
>>44321635

Isn't Legend of the Cryptids the one where all the guys are dreamy hunks and all the girls have are voluptuous hotties?

Good taste, anon. More people need to use them.
>>
>>44322091
>A Mystic with a less confusing recovery mechanic

Jesus christ
If it's a real game just write them down on cards
If it's roll20 then just write down a list and roll 1dX

It's not hard
>>
>>44319019
>+20/+20/+20/+20/+20/+20/+20/+15/+15/+15/+10/+5
ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAATATA
>>
>>44322118
Bushi stalker exists. Actually it'll stack with the Brutal Slayer stalker archetype in the final PDF. At least that was the status last time I checked.

Mornin'
>>
>>44322272
12 attacks, 10 of which are likely to hit. I need to try one of these guys out...

... and there will probably be Martial Training for some good stances and boosts
>>
>>44322010
Monk of the Silver Fist gets gauntlets and treats them as bucklers without losing AC bonus for wielding shields.
>>
>>44322239
It's still pretty confusing and I'm not a big fan of random recovery mechanics. I didn't like it on the crusader and I don't like it on the mystic. Only reason I even care is that E-flux has a shitty amount of implicit feat tax like Mithral Current.
>>
>>44322339
Flux works just fine without animus, buddy.
>>
>>44322447
Not them, but Animus is the DLC of Elemental Flux.

It's why I hate it.
>>
>>44322474
If you want to main Current, be a Bushi
If you want to main Flux, be a mystic

They're both really strong with full support, and if you just want them as an extra thing then they still work decently.
I feel Flux is more flexible on this than Current; animus generally just adds damage and DCs, with Current you actually need quickdraw/sheathe to get all the secondary effects on its maneuvers.
>>
File: 800px-Drow_slaves.jpg (67KB, 800x548px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Drow_slaves.jpg
67KB, 800x548px
What do people think of the Darklands? Does it make for a good location for a campaign, with the party work their way deeper and deeper underground in pursuit of some goal at the very bottom? There are a lot of interesting things in the Darklands and the variety of crazy stuff that's down there means it probably wouldn't get too dull or repetitive.
>>
>>44322605

It's a good "underground" setting ruined by the existence of the Underdark, which is always on one's mind whenever Drow and subterranean living is mentioned in Golarion.

It's like how you'd watch a fantasy movie and can't help but think throughout how Lord of the Rings did a better job of it, even if the fantasy movie is totally fine.
>>
>>44322642
The Underdark being, I assume, the equivilant of the Darklands in one of WotC's settings and probably also the inspiration for Golarion's Darklands? I've never played actual D&D since my first experience was joining a group that already played Pathfinder.

Most of the rest of my group is the same way, so I don't think sentiments like that would shit it up for my group too much. What about the Underdark makes it superior to the Darklands in your opinion?
>>
What's a decent small race for Mounted Fury Barbarian?
>>
>>44322721
I think Darklands is just there cause WotC had Underdark.
It's not really it's own unique thing.
>>
>>44320592
He was in life.
>>
File: PZO9204-DinosaurCave.jpg (198KB, 1680x1133px) Image search: [Google]
PZO9204-DinosaurCave.jpg
198KB, 1680x1133px
>>44322855
Well that makes it sounds like there's not many big differences between the two. If that's the case, I really don't see what the problem would be, unless someone just has an issue with vast underground realms in the first place.

Anyway, I know Paizo has published at least a few adventures that take place in or at least visit the Darklands. I think Second Darkness has a whole book or two that takes place in the uppermost layer of the Darklands, and learned the other night that The Emerald Spire module has the titular spire actually goes all the way down in a Darklands-themed adventure, even if you don't really visit the Darklands proper seeing as it's all one self-contained mega-dungeon. I'm sure there are some other APs or modules where the PCs head underground, too.

Are any of them worth playing, or would I be better off running a campaign of my own?
>>
>>44322995
Run one of your own, pulling from the Underdark over the Darklands as they're more fleshed out.

I think Second Darkness is made for 3.5, not pathfinder.
>>
>>44318201

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want that guy to pass the Test of the Starstone and become a God of the Dead in the vein of Nito or some more "active" god than Pharasma.
>>
>new to Pathfinder, enjoying myself despite knowing the problems
>GM is pretty good, other players are a bit silly but can get into it
>playing Shattered Star with the group and RotRL as a 1-1 with the GM
>keep running into spoilers for them and having to pretend I know nothing when it comes up
>keep having to remind myself to not specifically plan for some of the bigger events down the line, because it wouldn't make sense for my character to prepare some of those things

APs are pretty cool, but damn if it's not hard to keep from getting spoiled. Trying to keep a straight face when an Aasimir shows up, or not puttimg my character first when exploring crypts that look cursed, is going to be extremely difficult.
>>
>>44323071
Only mechanically, it still takes place in Golarion.
>>
>>44323288
>not puttimg my character first when exploring crypts that look cursed
Uh, isn't this just common sense?
>>
File: 1394047397318.png (3KB, 194x205px) Image search: [Google]
1394047397318.png
3KB, 194x205px
>>44323230

Anon, don't be bringing up Dark Souls again, it's too metal.
>>
>>44323674
>Dark Souls
>metal
>this is what casuls believe
>>
>>44323288
Yeah, I'm playing in a game of Kingmaker and had the same problem. I've had what I think is most of Book 5 and some of Book 6 spoiled for me, before we even finished Book 4. I can related. It's also tricky to keep from accidentally mentioning things to the group or DM that might imply I know more than I should. I'd rather them not know I know what's coming, even if I'm not trying to metagame.

>>44323662
Well, naturally most people aren't going to want to be the first person to enter the crypt but someone has to be.
>>
>>44322091
>Unchained Martial Artist
That'd be fun. I really like Martial Artist, I just wish it wasn't tied to 3/4 BaB
>>
>>44323808
Then get the wizard to summon up a monkey or something.

Or if there's a skill monkey, tell him to get off his ass and do his fucking job of scouting ahead.
>>
>>44323662
True, and I've even got a construct sweeper to stick in front and "tank" everything that needs a fort/will save, but I keep hearing that there's a sarcophagus in shattered star with a curse that's a forced polymorph. Considering my character would be the least-affected by something like that, I'd rather be the one to risk failing the save.

>>44323808
If it wasn't for the fact that my GM already did the work and started the two of us on runelords, I would have suggested Reign of Winter to him solely for Greta. Winter wolf pelt and Greta are like, the only things I know about RoW, whereas I keep tripping into stuff about Runelords and SS.
>>
>>44320592
Most likely.
And the Anon who posted this did forget to post where is his lair now in Orv.
The corpse of a Rovagug Spawn he killed before it could emerge to the surface
>>
>>44323856
That's not even a curse, you WANT to fail that polymorph. Failing it means you die and are reincarnated in the body of an ancient Azlanti (well, Thassilonian, but Azlanti stats), meaning you get a +2 to all stats on top of the regular human feat and skill bonus.

Sure, the body is female, but throw back an elixir of sex shift (about 1,250gp) and you've fixed that problem as well. Bonus points, you can bluff people into thinking you are said ancient Thassilonian late in the AP, which can be useful.
>>
File: 1446612839146.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1446612839146.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
>>44323727

Then what should it be, friend?
>>
>>44322855
At difference of the Underdark, the Darklands were an experiment made by an ancient race know as the Vault Founders. The most deepest layer is in fact a collection of ecosystems from different worlds, one has a trio of Mu Spores philosophers as suns, another seems to contain the remains of a slain evil god and so on.
The experiment stopped when this race of cockroach like aliens divided in two factions, the Vault Builders and the Vault Keepers.
>>
>>44323910
>Trap: If anyone attempts to harm the clone or loot its jewelry, a devious but malfunctioning trap triggers. Originally, attempting either of these actions simply struck the grave robber with the overwhelming sensation of Sorshen's clone animating, growing to enormous size, and
then crushing the grave robber in her fist-with an effect similar to that created by a phantasmal killer spell. Over the
millennia, though, this trap has interacted with the clone's magic in strange ways, such that anyone killed by the spell treats the Sorshen clone as his own clone, provided the clone is undamaged. In this case, the victim immediately wakens after being slain in his new body, although with the customary two permanent negative levels that result from
coming back to life. This link persists even if the victim succeeded at the saving throw to resist death from the phantasmal killer effect-if at any time thereafter the victim dies, he is immediately reborn in the clone. This lingering
effect (which can be correctly identified with a successful DC 35 Spellcraft check) can be dispelled, although it functions at caster level 2 oth. The new body does not alter the character's statistics in any way, with the exception that the character's race becomes Azlanti. All of the character's racial traits are lost, replaced by human racial traits (you
should give the player some time to choose his bonus feat and apply his bonus skill ranks as the player sees fit). In addition, the character loses his racial ability scores from the previous race, replacing them with the standard +2
bonus to all six ability scores that Azlanti humans get.

Oh no. We're entering my magical realm.
>>
>>44323910
Oh, well damn. I figured I was the skill-monkey half-elf alchemist, so I might as well go ahead and be the one to bite the bullet when the time came, but that's very silly. Considering I've got the only man in the party, I have a feeling our barbarian would get disappointed if I did get turned. Either that or make more jabs about him looking feminine.

A construct would still be immune to that though, right? It's not some immunity-piercing effect?
>>
>>44323994
formatting
>>
>>44324007
Copying from pdfs is suffering.
>>
>>44324038
pasting and posting on 4chan is suffering too I guess
>>
>>44324000
>wasting that +2 all stats
>wasting that Sorshen booty
Truly subhuman. Just let someone else touch it.
>>
>>44317577
Dear Santa Claus,

I'd like for some Wayang art that doesn't make me want to stab them. Also some fluff would be nice.
>>
>>44323994
>Wants to turn into Sorshen

Didn't she had boobs bigger than the Dragon's Crown Sorceress and she is depicted with smaller tits because Jacobs doesn't want to make her look too porn for not having to hear the CEO of Paizo complaining?
>>
>>44323994
Well, if I'm going to know this is coming and what it does, I might as well ask when it'll show up.
>>
>>44323932
Nah, Dark Souls is pretty metal. Holy Diver is basically Dark Souls: The Musical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU
>>
>get told the dungeon in book 3 is just a bunch of cringe and shit about feminization
>literally the only thing we've seen so far is the fact there's a changeling witch who keeps women here while happening upon a waifu
I think you guys are just overreacting.
>>
>>44322527
>If you want to main Flux, be a mystic
Given how much more varied E-Flux is thematically, I don't think thats fair.

I don't think "design discipline around class" is a good way to go about shit, it would be better if a class was designed around a discipline.
>>
>>44324120
>so far
>thinking your GM hasn't edited it like he should
Please don't be such a moron.
>>
>>44324104
Fuck, thanks for remind me that he is no longer among us Anon.
>>
>>44324120
>waifu
Anon, I don't know how to tell you this, but there are no waifus in book 3 unless you count horse pussy
>>
>>44324144
I was hoping he'd edit Blindness-Deafness out of the equation, because this is the second time I've been hit by that god awful spell.
>>
>>44324095
>Didn't she had boobs bigger than the Dragon's Crown Sorceress and she is depicted with smaller tits

Source? Was this something JJ said, or was there art of Sorshen?
>>
>>44324175
He is talking about the transgender elf who is the caretaker's girlfriend.
>>
File: 1439783365246.gif (204KB, 611x841px) Image search: [Google]
1439783365246.gif
204KB, 611x841px
>>44324175

>2015
>Not counting horse pussy

Speaking of, did Skulls and Shackles have a mermaid waifu? Seems like an awful waste if they didn't.
>>
File: Sorshen.jpg (128KB, 529x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sorshen.jpg
128KB, 529x900px
>>44324210
This is the only art of Sorshen, iirc. It's pretty frankly meh/10 compared to all the other waifus but if anon is right she's actually a lot hotter.
>>
>>44324212
IIRC her name was Cagreal and she was human.
>>
Is it possible to play an Inquisitor who isn't some religion's tool of oppression? I like all the class features, and particularly the Santified Slayer archetype, but I just don't like what they ARE. I'd rather just be a monster expert.
>>
>>44324266
Yes. Just do not be religious. Hey fucking presto.
>>
>>44324233
>It's pretty frankly meh/10 compared to all the other waifus but if anon is right she's actually a lot hotter.

>You have the opportunity to turn one male or female NPC into a romantic interest in an AP
>Which is it, and why?
>>
>>44324210
In a PaizoCon someone brought the topic of Dragon's Crown sorceress in relation to sword and sorcery characters sexualization, JJ was involved in the table and he revealed that Shorsen could put to shame the Sorceress (not only in boobs and booty departments but also in dem hips) if Lisa allowed him.
>>
>>44324085
Even if I actively tried to be the one to trip the trap, I know for a fact that our barbarian would probably try to beat me to it. Even if they didn't know that it turned you into a Sorshen-lookalike. She'd benefit way more as well.

It truly is a shame I can't have my homunculus soak that, though. Giving her that stat boost would be pretty nice. The fact that the barbarian has already latched onto my alchemist makes it in my best interest to let her be the one to trigger it, actually.
>>
>>44324266
Play an alchemist?
A Lore Warden
A Warder
A Normal Slayer
Why play any of the "religious extremist" classes and not be a religious extremist.

I have no idea why they made the Inquisitor of all things the team work strategist monster hunter guy.
>>
>>44324229
[Sentoreaing intensifies]
>>
>>44324266
Be someone who protects what their religion deems holy, rather than smiting those who aren't their religion.
>>
>>44324285

James Jacobs is beginning to strike me as a /tg/-tier pervert that's forced to rein his magical realm in by the aging harpies of Paizo.

A Paizo without Lisa, Crystal and Bulhman would be an interesting sight.
>>
File: sorshen 2.png (911KB, 581x877px) Image search: [Google]
sorshen 2.png
911KB, 581x877px
>>44324233
>>
File: sorshen 2.jpg (102KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
sorshen 2.jpg
102KB, 500x656px
>>44324233
Also this.
>>
>>44324414
This one's nice. They always seem to draw her boobs weird on body shots.
>>
>>44324414
>no T&A
I think you gravely misunderstand the nature of the conversation.

>>44324423
Yeah, dunno why.
>>
>>44324254
You have a good DM. Well, a bad one, but as far as DMing goes he's good.
>>
>>44324430
Try again, speaking English this time.
>>
>>44324430
Also there was some flying satyr guy and a big plant tentacle monster. Flying fey man escaped, don't know if that's going to fuck us over later or not.
>>
>>44324450
No, that was entirely accurate and it will become extremely clear why soon enough.
>>
>>44324429
Is called "editing because the CEO is a feminazy harpy".
>>
>>44324185
so now you're deaf AND blind? better watch out for feeblemind next.
>>
>>44324472
The new one or the old one?
>>
>>44324472
Do you have actual proof of that? Like if you have posts on that matter or even better original art of Sorshen with great big tits that'd be awesome.

>>44324467
"He's good but he's bad but he's a good DM"
What the fuck?
>>
>>44324096
Book 2 of Shattered Star. Once you're in the Lady's Light, there's a sepulcher literally in the first room that has a clone of Sorshen in it. Trying to fuck around with the sepulcher gets you hit by a Phantasmal Killer spell. If it slays you, you wake up in her clone. If you fail your will save, but it fails to slay you, if you die at any point in the future you wake up back here in her clone.

So fail that will save if you want that sweet runelord ass.
>>
>>44324492
I'm not spoiling the DM's fun any more than that.
>>
What's the "normal" gear pack for a freshly made level 3 gish class? 3k gp and all first party books plus DSP is allowed
>>
>>44324472
>CEO is a feminazy harpy".

Really? I was convinced the Paizo CEO was actually pretty damn sane.
>>
>>44324492
I wish the confession made by JJ was recorded, still there is the chance some artist does have the art of Sorshen not going through the Lisa filter.
Who? JJ didn't wanted to clarify.
>>
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2sbme?Stats-for-Sorshen#3
"I can further confirm that her mythic tiers are in the Trickster path as well. And just 20th level enchanter. The "+" in Inner Sea Magic was code for "Mythic and/or template and/or racial hit dice."

Furhtermore... she PROBABLY has a template. Not sure what one though..."
>full caster
>trickster
>not even dual path archmage/trickster
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhh
>>
>>44324488
This is on a different character. I had a deaf one, he died, and now I'm playing a blind barbarian.
>>
>>44324528
>trickster
for what purpose?
I guess she can still get mythic spells but passing up all those archmage abilities when you're supposed to be a super-wizard is lame.
>>
Okay, lads, let's stat up Sorshen. Wizard 20/mythic tier 10. Thassilonian sin specialist (lust). 32 PB because that's what the end bosses get because they're perfect specimens of humanity. +2 all stats from Azlanti, +3 all mentals from venerable with no physical penalties. PC wealth also standard for final bosses, so she has... 880k? More from the mythic tiers/crafting?
>>
>>44324361
Oh, most definitely. Why do you think all his NPCs have terrible Will Saves? Why do you think he made a Prestige Class back in Dragon Magazine that's literally for gold-digging black widows? He KNOWS what people will do to Ameiko and the like, he just can't actively encourage it with the current atmosphere.
>>
>>44324606
And she apparently also has a template. Which one would fit best? I do like the mythic simple templates for shit like agile, but that may not be what was meant by her having a template.
>>
>>44324622
He was the one back in the day that suggested the succubus encounter in Sins of Our Saviors had the fetishtastic prestige class from a Green Ronin Publishing handbook (I think the Drow themed one) so she be the mistress of her own alu-demon daughters.
The man is a Sochobenoth champion.
>>
>>44324606
Probably used a bunch of wishes to boost her stats too.

>>44324630
Half-succubus seems like an obvious one. Is she one of the demon-worshiping runelords? I can't remember. Devilbound works if she's LE, Ileosa (aka Sorshen Jr.) did the same thing.
>>
>>44324606
End bosses get 25 PB.
>>
>>44324622

Imagine what would happen if James Jacobs was able to let his /tg/-nerd out without fear of reproach from Paizo.
>>
File: safari hunter.jpg (71KB, 600x815px) Image search: [Google]
safari hunter.jpg
71KB, 600x815px
>>44324266
Worship the HUNT and be a stereotypical English safari hunter with a waxed moustache and everything. Take a Knowledge or nature-ey domain or something along those lines and be the blustering monster buff you were destined to be. Establish a base where you mount taxidermied heads on the walls and cover the floors with furs.

Remember: if it isn't poaching, it isn't rare enough. Alignment might be Chaotic Evil, I don't know, but jolly and amiable as fuck about it.
>>
>>44324680
No, that is Alaznist.
Sorshen was more into aberrations but during a brief period of time she got involved with Noctycula and her brother.
>>
>>44324630
>>44324606
>>44324680
She gained some sort of vampire-like abilities from her blood magic rituals. She wasn't actually a vampire, but she probably at least had the stat boosts of one.

She didn't go half-demon of any sort. She made deals with demon lords on her own terms (most notably Nocticula), but it was more or less dealing as equals, given her absolutely ludicrous personal power coupled to the wealth of a nation and all her subordinates/allies.
>>
>>44324683
Ileosa and that drow bitch from Second Darkness used 32 at least.
>>
>>44324683
Huh, so they do, my bad.

>>44324726
That was 3.5e when you apparently started at 8 instead of 10.
>>
>>44324606
We'll have to stat her weapon, too. It's described as a "Double-headed guisarme" and is probably (by my guess) a lesser artifact in its own right, so it's probably very powerful. By the measure of it being an artifact though, I doubt we have any way of accurately guessing what it does, although it is referred to as her "Weapon of Rule", whatever that means.

>>44324680
It's possible but I'd argue that would come out of her WBL budget.

>>44324704
>Aberrations

How freaky. Not a surprise though, considering it's the Runelord of Lust
>>
File: file.png (402KB, 336x640px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
402KB, 336x640px
>>44324733
Oh, right.
Looking through some other humanoid final bosses, most of the other ones are kinda lame. Queen Elvanna uses fucking 20 PB.

>>44324757
Karzoug's "weapon of rule" is incredibly lame despite being a major artifact. Hopefully Sorshen's would be better.
>>
>>44324707
Okay. So that's +2 all stats Azlanti, +3 all mentals, and +6 Str +4 Dex +2 Int +2 Wis +4 Cha.

>>44324757
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicArtifactsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Karzoug%27s%20Burning%20Glaive
That's Karzoug's, which is incredibly fucking disappointing and not even worthy of being a minor artifact.

So with 25 PB, prioritizing Int and Cha: 15 Str 16 Dex 16 Con 25 Int 17 Wis 24 Cha, starting from 7/10/14/18/10/15.
>>
>>44324757
Oh well, in the last module of Shattered Star you may end meeting one of her minions, a scylla spy which used to be a concubine of Sorshen
>>
>>44324818
That's before her items, level boosts, and mythic boosts, of course. I assume all go right into Intelligence, giving her... 40 Int before items, +5 levels and +10 mythic tiers. +6 all stats from items, so 46 Int and 30 Charisma. Note that this is now higher than succubutt's charisma.
>>
>>44324827
Isn't it implied in Shattered Star that Sorshen is active? I kind of remember that.
>>
>>44324303
Because none of those have Bane and Greater Bane, the (sadly) best ability for hunting things based on creature type. Lore Warden was a serious consideration but in the end it only has one relevant feature for the concept and an ignorable one. Student of War is similarly long-haul with little benefit over straight Fighter. Slayer is missing 4 of the 6 creature knowledges and its main draws for me are encompassed entirely in Sanctified Slayer. Warder probably isn't allowed and I don't feel like requesting it be allowed. Meanwhile Inquisitor has special Monster Lore features, track, and tactics shit that make it perfect as a monster hunter.

Shit, I could make an EX-Inquisitor and have more relevant features than the Fighter-likes.
>>
>>44324873
It's implied that she's still alive but probably not awake and her resting place is beneath Korvosa.
>>
>>44324873
She is, yes.
Her stasis chamber is just below Korvosa.
>>
>>44324873
>implied
Pretty much outright stated that she's out there somewhere, since her clone survived, although not necessarily free.
>>
>>44324868
That's a lot more Int than Karzoug has. Shouldn't we take him as balance point?
>>
>>44324903
No Karzoug sucks. Sorshen is supposed to be the second-most powerful runelord.
>>
>>44324903
No. Karzoug was written before Mythic was a thing, and he's explicitly weaker than Sorshen. Xanderghul is the strongest of them all, and Sorshen is a close second, since the two of them are the only surviving original runelords.
>>
>>44324915
Most powerful was Xanderghul right?
>>
>>44324937
Yes.
>>
>>44324915
And the first is Xanderghul, who may be the most gay villain in the whole setting.
The man used to be worshiped as the Peacock Spirit, which dogma is pretty much /fit/ and /fa/ taken up to eleven.
>>
>>44324950
Slight mistake there: Xamderghul worshipped the Peacock Spirit.
Otherwise correct.
>>
>>44324502
Alright, good to know, but it'll probably be a while before the party gets there. We literally just got the first shard and went off to find the next after a day of prep. I just need to make sure I don't accidentally send my homunculus to check it out, because I don't even want to know what kind of headache of a mechanics interaction that will be.

As long as our witch doesn't wind up getting hit, I'll be happy though. I don't want that character to have nice things. I will gladly make them their standard gear and not actively fuck with them, but you can bet they'll get nothing nice from me, and I will toss myself at this "trap" if they show a hint of interest in it.

I am completely unjustified in my dislike of this poor player and their character. Something about their attitude and choosing to play a dhampir /and/ a witch, a race and class I dislike, just makes me want to hate them.
>>
>>44324890
Well, a Magus can use an arcana to get the ability to put Bane on his weapon using his arcane pool... at 15th level.
>>
>>44324991
>I just need to make sure I don't accidentally send my homunculus to check it out, because I don't even want to know what kind of headache of a mechanics interaction that will be.
But then your homunculus will be in Sorshen's body. Just think about what you could do with a Sorshen homunculus.
>>
>Rule is 'we don't play unless everyone can make it'
>Game on sunday, someone doesn't turn up so we call it off; later we find out he had a good reason to be suddenly absent so it's okay
>We reschedule the game to 40 minutes ago

>He doesn't turn up again

;_;
Said person is a pretty good guy and player overall, so I'm not angry at him, but still
>>
>>44324983
I thought since he had a fuckton of mythic ranks he may be the Peacock Spirit, still he is the most powerful homo in the setting. Dude is built like a brick shithouse and he is a wizard!
>>
>>44325069
>homunculus
>phantasmal killer
Think, anon.
>>
>>44325078
So literally just a Pillar Man?
>>
>>44325069

Sorshen's body with the mind and personality of a homunculus?

That would be the best waifu I've ever seen.
>>
>>44325094
Shit, I knew it was too good to be true.
>>
>>44325078
Karzoug has 20 Str. I can see Xanderghul around 30 str.
Alaznist probably had the most Str of the runelords but also the lowest Int.
>>
>>44325076

Some people are just... Busy. I'd give him the boot, but make it very clear you're doing it due to the incompatible times, not because he's doing something wrong.
>>
>>44325108
You didn't see him in the last Pathfinder comic books?
He is screaming "Awaken my Masters!" in every single panel he is in it.
>>
>>44325108
>just
>a Pillar Man
There is no "just" about it, anon. Do you even Perfect Being?
>>
>>44325150
>>44325156
I've gotta see this now.
>>
>>44325076
Why can't you just play without him for a session and then fill him in when he gets back?
>>
>>44325165
You know we are talking about an evil inclined guy that did manage to protect his nation with an army of Angels? Xanderghul is so fucking aesthetic every single time he bounces his pec a man sexuality shifts to gay.
>>
>>44324138
He's also wrong. Even without animus, Elemental Flux does some of the best damage and utility in PoW, especially with its stances. Taking the Yap Animus feat (and Extra Animus, optionally) brings it from good to amazing.
>>
>>44325069
>>44325094
>>44325120
Assuming that even with the auto-resist on phantasmal killer the connection is made, how exactly would a Promethean Alchemist's homunculus interact with that? Would she still gain those boosts to str/dex? Would she still have a mental link and all the other shit? Does she even still count as a construct or keep any of the rest of her features? Would she have to become a cohort instead of just a "companion creature"?

>Sorshen's body with the mind and personality of a homunculus
>the alchemist treats his homunculus like a daughter, and she treats him like a father
>waifu material

Now you're making me feel conflicted, /pfg/.
>>
>>44325069
I think he said something about a homunculus daughteru earlier in the thread. Would you want your daughteru to be rocking Sorshen's hot bod but still having a childish mindset? There are all kinds of way that could go wrong, Anon. Or right, if he's into incest. But there are still plenty of other ways for it to go wrong even then.
>>
>>44325200
You seem obsessed with homosexuality, anon. Is there anything you want to tell us?

>>44325211
>assuming
Nope. You explicitly have to fail one save, but not both for a connection to be made. Failing both puts you into the clone.
>>
>>44325190
I'm heavily considering changing to that policy, but I run fairly RP-heavy games with a lot of emphasis on party dynamic so in the past whenever I've done that with different groups, the headache of patching up things between characters when the missing player gets back often is more trouble than it's worth.
>>
>>44325234
I see you aren't a /fit/izen.
It was pretty much inter-board humor Anon.
Anyways, the artist of the comic books is not very talented, so this is what you get:
http://www.dynamite.com/previews/C72513024182501011/PathfinderHollow011.jpg
>>
>>44325251
Just give him an in-character reason to not be present. His irritable bowel syndrome is acting up and he needs to take a massive multi-hour dump, or he's at his part time job as announcer for a pro wrestling league, or he's off feeding orphans to dogs or something.
>>
>>44325282
Man, Alaznist forehead is HUGE. Her tits look nice though.
>>
If I want to play a classical wrestler, all oiled up and naked, what items or attributes should I focus on as a Brawler to make myself effective?
>>
>>44325282
>>44325362
Alaznist and Xanderghul should swap outfits.

>>44325368
Constable cavalier.
>>
>>44317740
So? Anyone have thoughts?
>>
>>44325251
Use the Vanishing rule: If a player need be absent, then their character doesn't exist and NEVER did, having no influence. The things they achieved were done by the group or with the aid of friendly benefactors.
When the player returns, their character was always there, even if the player and pc just showed up to the campaign, and was involved in all kinds of crazy shit that generally helped save the groups bacon.
It's simple, elegant, and allows you, the gm, to be flexible.
>>
>>44325429
>simple, elegant
Do you not understand what these words mean?
>>
>>44325414
Ought to sit tight and ask the dsp dudes to look it over once Xmas is over.
I'd write it out to 4th level, but cool your heels after that.
>>
>>44325449
To me, it is those things. The elegance is the simplicity of it.
When you are here, you always were.
When you are not, you never were.
Done. No need to fucking hamfist outrageous circumstances to excuse pcs.
>>
>>44325397
Maybe they should both just take off their outfits.
>>
File: 1443812530734.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1443812530734.gif
2MB, 448x252px
>trying to make a Fiendish Vessel in PCGen
>it won't work because I need to somehow simultaneously make my alignment "Deity's" and "what alignment ny deity is"
>>
>>44325362
I do think her forehead size is a hint of her not being that bright.
Timmy!
>>
>>44325502
>Wizard 20
>not being that bright
Anon...
>>
Wait a second...Krune is only level 17, why is the conjurer the weakest Runelord?
>>
>>44325429
>>44325478

That... that is absurd if the game's RP/story aspect wants to take itself even remotely seriously.

What loot the party gets and whether anyone died or got cursed is far from the only thing that matters. Lasting consequences also come from things like 'how A felt when B happened' or 'because X said Y to Z at that specific moment', and if you try to retcon and unretcon that on the fly then the game's continuity comes apart faster than a grappled swarm.
>>
>>44325549
>taking PFS as canon
Come on, you know better than that.
>>
>>44325454
Yeah I gonna rewrite and consolidate it go make it a battlefield hazard centered discipline. It's ready close to that but a few of the maneuvers don't reflect that.
>>
>>44325549
I thought Krune was the necromancer.
>>
>>44325531
Well yeah, if she was smarter she'd have put the obvious charisma in her chest towards sorcerer or arcanist levels.
>>
>>44325549
Because he was fucking lazy.
No, really, conjuration is linked to the sin of sloth.
>>
>>44325571
>mental stat
>physical effects
Kill yourself. We've already debunked this bullshit.
>>
>>44325570
No, that is Futah
>>
>>44325591
>Not getting humor

Are you autistic? Wait, this is /pfg/ nevermind.
>>
>>44325635
>humor
>implying you were funny
You're a failure, son. Learn to accept that. Especially since you're also in /pfg/.

>>44325632
Zutha.
>>
>>44325559
Right forgot he was the season 4 bbeg.
>>
>>44325632
Oh, huh, I was reading the descriptions of the swords of sin and it mentions Krune as the runelord of gluttony. Guess they messed up.
>>
>>44325555
Anon, good roleplayers also know how to glide smoothly around circumstances, and if this becomes an issue, it's because you are trying to write a book, rather than create a cooperative story. Hell, I've had more success from pcs arguing exactly how they achieved certain things IC, some claiming credit with others insisting that friendly dryad came thru at the last moment, etc.
It generally promoted rp when the situations came up, with the players now having to improv past solutions, and when the missing player returns, this return to what actually happened.
The great eternal change you are rambling about ceases to be when the missing player is present again, and if they never return, as is wont to happen at times, then they can be safely stricken from the world.
tl;dr dude, chill out, your book isn't done until the last page is written, until then, it's in the air.
>>
So let me get this straight
>Agents of Evil claims apathy is evilz
>Pharasma don't give a fuck about anything or anyone except her utterly self-made system for soul-mechanting for reasons she doesn't deem to share with anyone else
>It even says in several fluff pieces about her that paladin souls occasionally get shit canned for no apparent reason
Why this bitch TN again?
Why ain't this bitch NE?
>>
>>44325723
PAIZO
A
I
Z
O
>>
>>44325723
Well Pharasma also is responsible for the Daemons more or less. At the beginning there were only 5. The Pharasma decided that Abaddon is a good place to dump souls in.
>>
>>44325723
Someone ask James Jacobs this and watch him work him own asshole into knots.
>>
>>44325723
Because nerds are picky and will twist any minor evidence into a monumental indictment of things they don't like. Also >>44325750
>>
>>44325704
>"Hey guys we need to get the rare cure for the disease the druid is suffering from"
>Druid can't make a session
>"Why are we looking for this thing again"

>"Okay we're ready for the battle next session, our teamwork is flawless"
>Frontline fighter can't make next session
>"Wow why did we ever think we had a good party formation when we're missing a frontliner"

>"Hey wait when did we do that one thing, if I was around when we did it there's absolutely no way I would have let that slide"
>"But you were with us the whole time, remember?"
>"Well then, damn, I was looking the other way."

It just becomes some weird game of constant parallel world hopping.
>>
>>44325788
>druid
>disease
>spell list
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDeDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>44325831
love you too senpai
>>
If you don't show up to a session, your character doesn't vanish. The other players play it for you, and will probably not keep it as safe as their own characters. This is its own incentive to show up.
>>
>>44325831
Stop that.
>>
>>44325632
Futa is something else entirely, although considering

>wizards

It's easily plausible any of the Runelords could have been, whenever they felt like it.
>>
>>44325788
>"Why are we looking for this thing again"
>Druid isn't the only one afflicted, or hired by a druidic order (the pc's) because one of their own is ill
>"Wow why did we ever think we had a good party formation when we're missing a frontliner"
Terribly unimaginative players.
>>"Well then, damn, I was looking the other way."
People DO flub rolls.
You are trying to hamfist here, anon, doing the exact WRONG thing I was talking about avoiding.
If you and your players can't solve all of the above within 5 minutes under the dictates that what happened previously involving the pc did not happen EVER, and either wouldn't have been done or would have been committed to under different circumstances, you are either an awful player/GM or willfully dense.
>>
>>44325866
this, once a player couldn't show up to a session so the DM was like "suspension of disbelief, he doesn't exist" when it would have been way easier to be like

"The tengu went off to explore the ruins you guys were in last session some more. You decide to go off without him."

It's really easy to do
>>
>>44325866
That is an incentive to leave the group, honestly.
I bust my hump to make it to games, but anyone except the worst grog realizes real life > game, every time.
>>
>>44325886
Not with the Runelords, they were highly specialized wizards.
A pity because we could had futa Sorshen.
>>
>>44325866
While that's more sensible than 'your character blinks out and in of existence', I still think it's something I personally wouldn't settle for.
Character development is important and a lot could go wrong if a character is crucially mis-played in a situation because the other players don't have a proper grasp of their personality.

'Character is suddenly pulled away from the party and comes back at the end' is really the most minor offender of all the possibilities, from what I can tell.
>>
File: 1420594408707.jpg (25KB, 688x397px) Image search: [Google]
1420594408707.jpg
25KB, 688x397px
>>44325886
Futa?
>>
>>44325783
And while they're at it, ask him whether the Annunaki or Aboleth are the older race and how they get along (or would get along, if somehow they don't know about each other). I've been wondering about this shit ever since I saw the Annunaki in Bestiary 5.
>>
>>44324703
...IS poaching Evil, though?
>>
>>44325944
They are both probably aware of each other, but Annunaki being shy as fuck means they would actively avoid having anything to do with ancient creatures that know about them.
>>
>>44325888
And that way works for some people, but I think you're being the moron if you think that your own system is the perfect way every group should operate and refusing to play your way is 'wrong'.
I think that sort of endless retcon-unretcon style would drive half the people in my group up the wall and leave the other half completely misguided on what aspects of the plot are canon and non canon. Sure, it works for you, but you're an idiot if you think it's the miracle elixir of scheduling complications for every group.
>>
>>44325958
It's certainly not Lawful since you're breaking rules. I'd guess it runs Chaotic since you're generally doing it for personal reasons. Good if you're poaching for food or to feed someone, Neutral if it's for sport or profit, and Evil if you're poaching just to kill something endangered or to fuck with someone in a similar fashion.
>>
>>44325888
At that point though, it sounds like you're spending just as much if not more effort justifying these things as you would have to spend if you wanted to just justify why a particular PC isn't around during a session when his/her player can't make it.

Which, I mean, is fine I guess, if that's how your group likes to do it. But at that point, you might as well give the PCs Scars of Destiny.

>>44325923
Damn it, I want to see Sorshen and Alaznist get it on now. I didn't want this before you guys were posting pictures of what they look like. Thanks a lot, /pfg/.
>>
>>44325958
It's just nonlawful, but killing for fun is probably Evil.
>>
>>44326017
>I think that sort of endless retcon-unretcon style would drive half the people in my group up the wall and leave the other half completely misguided on what aspects of the plot are canon and non canon
Then I would ask why it is such a concern for the players to intimately know the details of things that happened in the past.
>>44326076
>it sounds like you're spending just as much if not more effort justifying these things as you would have to spend if you wanted to just justify why a particular PC isn't around during a session when his/her player can't make it.
It means you don't need to invent a way to be rid of a pc for the exact amount of time, or hamfist a way to bring them back in if the party decides to go do things in their absence.
A pc somehow appearing at the right place, despite the party leaving no notes and not telling anyone their destination is far more jarring to me then the pc not being a factor of the overarching game itself.
>>
>>44325958
Keep in mind that such a character is probably killing not just real-world wildlife types (and for recreation at that), but fictional intelligent wildlife and sentient creatures, varying from humanoids to outsiders to aberrations and undead. It's not even just a gladiator, it's like a gladiator that barges into people's homes to gladiate them without an audience.

Do not party it with kitsunes, all I'm saying.
>>
>>44324703
>>44325958
>>44326174
Damn, that's like the most civilized party-compatible Chaotic Evil I've ever heard of. Never comes up in all of /tg/'s threads about how to save that shit-magnet alignment.
>>
>>44326142
>Then I would ask why it is such a concern for the players to intimately know the details of things that happened in the past.

Because they want to roleplay characters who don't suffer from memory disorders?

I mean, seriously, this shouldn't be a hard concept to understand. If your characters acts or says something based on something that happened in the past when the other PCs were canonically present, you'd expect all of them, barring mind magic, to have pretty much exactly the same idea of what went down then.
And it's not like these have to be defining moments - every little thing a character does is influenced somehow by their experiences.

Your method will just create an endless chain of 'wait if we decide now that when I wasn't here that thing happened that way, then just now I wouldn't have done that other thing' discussions among people who actually care about character immersion. And sure, with enough talk, all these problems will have a solution, but is that really what you want players to spend half their time at the board doing? Retroactively rewriting every session to smooth out plot holes?
>>
>>44326174
Which types of humanoids WOULD a badguy game hunter actually go after? I'd guess anything that you don't see every day in a surface city?
>>
Why did all of the runelords feel the need to come up with incredibly complicated methods of hibernating through Earthfall which are prone to failure when they could have just fucked off to another plane for a while?
>>
PFG, what do you do if you feel like your GM constantly cheats to make you completely ineffective?

I've been playing a mind affecting spell based Oracle for awhile and in dozens of attempts I've literally never had an enemy fail a save. I feel like every time I try to disable an enemy I've just wasted my turn and I'd be better of just readying my actions to cast Heal or a cure spell.

I otherwise like the game, the RP is good and everyone but me seems to enjoy all the awesome things they get to do in fights, but I really hate the combat and just zone out. I've tried dropping hints like "Maybe this time my spell will work" and it'll always just be "Nope, natural 19!" or something. I don't want to upset the game by calling him out but I'm running out of patience and options.
>>
>>44326335
Trox
>>
>>44326366
Confront your GM about it, have a mature discussion like an adult, and if you can't reach a satisfying conclusion or compromise for both parties, part ways.
>>
>>44326335
That's the starting point, but things like goblins and kobolds also would not merit sporting hunts.
>>
>>44326366
Ask him to roll those saves in the open. One of my DMs agreed to do so for a while after my Warder kept getting constantly crit (And apparently, it was his luck).
>>
>>44326335
Kitsune, Catfolk, Syrinx, Strix, Trox, Centaurs, Merfolk, Vanara, Nagaji, Lizardfolk, Gnoll and maybe Skinwalkers.
>>
>>44326335
Those smug floating fucks from occult bestiary
>>
>>44326335
Anything rare. Forget legality.
>>
>>44326454
EVERYONE should hunt those, not just game hunters.
>>
>>44326454
I'm not familiar with that. Got a picture?
>>
>>44326335
Doppelgangers are the biggest prize for urban hunters.
>>
File: munavri.png (524KB, 921x1196px) Image search: [Google]
munavri.png
524KB, 921x1196px
>>44326535
>>
>>44326343
And so, another Anon learned why high level wizards make your plot fall apart.
>>
>>44326591
Why isn't this just a human with extra levels? Isn't the concept literally just "odd looking human but with high stats and super-competence"?
>>
>>44326688
They're also just plain better than you.
>>
>>44326619
Because every Runelord know what happened to the last one who tried such thing as dealing or fleeing into another plane.
He is a possible ally NPC in Wrath of the Righteous
>>
>>44326782
Wasn't he just a fuckup who reneged on a promise to Baphomet?
>>
>>44326732
I thought that was elves. And because people naturally want to play as those elves, they get altered to be playable alongside humans because someone somewhere understood that they were making a game.
>>
>>44326343
I think the Runelord of Envy actually did that. To the Plane of Dreams as I recall.
It's mentioned in Occult Realms.
>>
>>44326825
>Plane of Dreams
>Thassilon was pretty much a gate to Leng

Belimarius is fucked.
>>
>>44326782
And every Runelord should be cocky enough to think they won't make the same mistakes. If they were actually played appropriately to what their assumed intelligence scores would suggest, they'd also be right about not making such mistakes.
>>
>>44326809
No elves just /think/ they're better than humans. As do a lot of races in PF. They're really just jealous of the starting bonus feat.

In truth the Munavri have a few differences from Humans. The Darkvision/Light blindness is a notable one at least. I'm just glad they all live underground where I can safely ignore them.
>>
>>44326800
Alderpash didn't manage to deliver to Baphomet, so the lord of minotaurs decided to keep him as a pet.
This basically made every other Runelord realize is better to be realistic and keep what you got than try to deal with things which can be far more powerful than you.
>>
New bread thread: >>44326936
>>44326936
>>44326936
>>
>>44326852
Eh she is save in her desecrated temple of desna that she plane shifted with her.
She's not awake though and her Night Hag cohort is very keen on keeping people out of it.
>>
>>44326366
As a GM, I cheat sometimes, but only in the party's favor.
I don't know why you'd want your players to feel like useless pieces of shit.
>>
What do you think of running a game where all players have to multiclass? level up each 1 at a time, can got two levels in one class over another.
Thread posts: 367
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.