[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcohol and Gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (77KB, 589x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 589x675px
So /tg/ whats your take on alcohol at the game table?
How much is too much?
Is it only for the GM or only because of the GM?

Personally i feel it can actually enhance the experience so long as we're all responsible and not newcomers to the experience. It seems to help the flow of RP and the GM pulls out his best shit. Maybe thats just my group though.
>>
File: 100_2419.jpg (680KB, 1480x1632px) Image search: [Google]
100_2419.jpg
680KB, 1480x1632px
Had a few games that allowed it, no horror stories because everybody knew their limits. Helps me slip into "Character" a bit more naturally.

Pic related are my usual munchies when gaming. Can't drink at the table as much since I have to drive a bit to get to and from.
>>
>>44309960
I am alright with people drinking as long as they do not get drunk.

This stems from a game played years ago where one of my room mates drank a gallon of 5 dollar wine in the first hour of playing back during college.
>>
>>44310179
was he at least playing the Barbarian and/or Bard?
>>
I'm cool with drinking in moderation. Nothing passed buzzed though (everyone needs to drive themselves home).

I don't want any drugs at the table. I know I sound like a prude but I was in a game with a lot of pot once. Almost nothing got done except passing the bong around (I personally don't smoke, being high is OK but I ALWAYS get cotton mouth and feel just not great the next day). And then one player started selling to two guys that showed up. And then continued to smoke with them.
>>
>>44309960
Generally, it depends on the mood and tone of the game, and either any is too much, or there is no such thing as 'too much'.
>>
>>44309960
Most of us usually have 3-6 beers over the course of the night. Definitely makes it more fun.
>>
>>44309960
Its allowed at my table. For everyone but me. When I drink and role play I end up making really, incredibly, stupid choices.
>>
>>44309960
One of the best games I ever had was Dungeons and Dragons and Drinking, 5th ed.

So the monsters on the playmat are shots of liquor. Mooks and expendable peons are candies, grapes, crackers, whatnot.

You kill it, you drink it or eat it.

By the power of plot, a wandering cleric joins your group and claims to worship of god of insanity. He can bless you and heal you in your time of need.

Simply imbibe your spirit with his essence and you will be healed (or regain spell slots). The player takes a shot, the character heals from a shot.

The table could "toast the dead" to bring a fallen member back to life.

1) The wizard opened up with a fireball hitting the warm-up bandits and took three shots of good whiskey right away. He was flying high the rest of the night.

2) This effectively made the players immortal. REALLY needed some sort of limit. Like, one shot per round guys. come on. I mean, they dove right into the pit of demons without a care because they figured out they could just heal whenever. It just happened to be bearded devils with the "you can't heal" power and they flipped their shit and ran.

3) Players drunk off their ass can only handle the barest minimum of intrigue and plot. So after an appropriate amount of time, a rip in reality came about and sucked them all into a pocket dimension with the alien god.

I plunked down a punch bowel with everclear and other mixers in it and called it a chthulian nightmare with rum and coke tentacles. If you ever deal more then 10 damage you can take a drink and help kill the beast.

I have reports that the endboss was appropriately "brutal", and needed more sprite.

Wrap up the session with an explaination that the god WANTED you to kill his avatar because while it's dead, you really just absorbed him into yourselves. And your livers. And brought him into the real world.

Dun dun DUN! (cue credits, stagger home)
>>
>>44309960
It's fine if it doesn't impact the game too much, or if nobody pukes.

If you can't handle your booze though, then don't bring it to the table. We're here to have a fun time and get shit done, not get shitfaced.

So, yeah. Like every other "Wat do with (x) at the table" the answer is going to depend on your group.
>>
Tedious.

I'm not a drinker, and most people (even those that can hold their liquor) are stupider and less interesting after even a beer or two.
>>
>>44309960
Our characters are basically sailors, so we all drink like nuts.

As players go though, we're generally sober, though one dude has this tendency to pass out if he doesn't time his insulin injections right.
>>
>>44316691
>I plunked down a punch bowel with everclear and other mixers in it and called it a chthulian nightmare with rum and coke tentacles. If you ever deal more then 10 damage you can take a drink and help kill the beast.
There are more efficient ways to kill a man OP. To say nothing of Humane.
>>
These threads are a great litmus test to see which people on /tg are actual adults
>>
>>44320194
This. Went to pathfinder game. GM got drunk and passed out. Other time a dinner came and just shit up the game. Fuck drinkers. Pot doesn't work either.
>>
>>44321342
*drinker. Fuck SwiftKey.
>>
>>44321342
>fuck alcoholics

FTFY
>>
File: ayy.jpg (39KB, 425x428px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
39KB, 425x428px
>a few beers/glasses of wine = fine
>getting shitwrecked = not fine

It's really that simple.

Also leave the wacky baccy for afterwards, Kevin, you junkie
>>
>>44320194
>>44321342

Shame you had bad experiences with drinking in groups. I had one player who was belligerent when drunk, but the rest of us got far more into what we were doing.

The former is no longer a member of the group and the rest of us certainly aren't pounding them back.

Whether alcohol (or other drugs) work at the table seems to vary case by case. Sometimes a person goes completely off the wall, sometimes they become an armchair intellectual. Fortunately a, lot of the time, people just chill out.
>>
Always have a few beers, if you get shitfaced though you're retarded.

It's pretty usual because we game at a bar that we have drinks, everyone will have a couple pints in the 4 hour game session.

If you're playing with people that are likely to get drunk when given alcohol during a TTRPG, then they're probably not that great of a player in the first place.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.