[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can roleplaying systems be used for deathmatch-style pvp?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 14cbmyu.jpg (255KB, 1547x1599px) Image search: [Google]
14cbmyu.jpg
255KB, 1547x1599px
can roleplaying systems be used for deathmatch-style pvp?
>>
Yes, just use d20 modern
>>
You mean like a tabletop Unreal Tournament?
A wargame will be better fit for that.
>>
nah, you just create 2 characters of the same level with predetermined stat scores to place in the 6 abilities
>>
>>44293895
how do you handle line of sight and hidden information without resorting to a ref? I can see gameplay wrapping up pretty fast without some sort of element of uncertainty

>>44293906
yes, but that's boring and I'd like something spicy~
>>
You have a GM as always. Also how do you quote people here, I'm a newfag
>>
Try Infinity, both the tabletop game and rpg
>>
For complicated rape, use FATAL.
>>
>>44294037
>has trip
>"newfag"

>>44294038
I was hoping to convert RIFTS to neotokyo, senpai
>>
>>44294068
If you're into that sort of thing
>>
>>44293790
Neotokyo 2 when
>>
>>44294113
it's dead as fuck and the combat system is clunky with lag. I can't see it coming back
>>
>>44294037
I FOUND HOW TO QUOTE!!! I HAVE FOUND THE FOUNTAIN OF ULTIMATE POSTAL POWER!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>44294137
thats why we need neotokyo 2

maybe we can talk them into starting up neotokyo 2 for a greenlight game when hl3 comes out so neotokyo 2 never
>>
>>44294142
Sorry I went mad with power
>>
>>44294173
want to brainstorm a neotokyo themed wargame system?

I am leaning towards some kind of rpg adaptation 'cause autism. Simultaneous area-based movement, hidden information system of some sort, campaign rules for multiple short engagements?
>>
>>44294142
Like nigga just read the FAQ

4chan.org/faq
>>
bumpu~
>>
>>44294073
Yeah, no. a trip is the random seeming alphanumeric spam after the name that proves it's the same person using a name. What you've got there is a "namefag".
>>
>>44295216
(^:
>>
>>44294037
Since you're a newfag, I'll warn you nicely. The locals don't like people with names, unless they've got a good reason for having one. Lose it.
>>
>>44294228
What about including things that weren't in the game, but implied to be part of the setting? Hacking, spidertanks, ect?
>>
>>44295565
sure, there's power armor suits included in the game that aren't used either

Still at the point of brainstorming how to incorporate true stealth and fog of war via cloaking without nerfing it into a temp Armour bonus

since it's portrayed as a covert war between government factions, organizing gameplay as a series of quick encounter-type raids would seem most fitting
>>
File: a0994444672_10.jpg (175KB, 825x826px) Image search: [Google]
a0994444672_10.jpg
175KB, 825x826px
>>44295625
It's pretty much Ghost in the Shell, which is so big an IP I'm sure SOMEONE has made a system for it...
>>
>>44294037
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.