[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Character ideas that you'll probably never get to use thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 20

File: 1443643480591.png (160KB, 516x540px) Image search: [Google]
1443643480591.png
160KB, 516x540px
Character ideas that you'll probably never get to use thread.

>a golem made of melted down christmas ornaments built to spread hannukah cheer
>named Saulem
>>
File: conan_cyberg1.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
conan_cyberg1.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
Oh shit wrong picture
>>
Long-lived alien pseudo-shapeshifter raised as a son in seclusion by an eccentric lord in medieval eastern Europe who's recently been uncovered after having been imprisoned in a tower, where it went into hibernation for centuries. Not too hard to fit into a bunch of settings, but I don't really see many opportunities for me to roleplay in the near future.
>>
>>44285717
A blue mage ala Final Fantasy with a passionate fascination towards his hobby of arms dealing.

It'll never work because no system has blue mages. So I'm making one and writing a fantasy-comedy novel to get some noise for the setting. Wish me luck anons, I'll report back in next December with progress.
>>
>>44285717
Bibliophile with perfect ability to recall everything he's ever read.
>>
>>44285961
Toreador or Tremere with the Eidetic Memory merit in WoD. Preferably Toreador so it comes off as an endearing trait instead of an attempt to power game.

>>44285717
Any M&M or Savage Worlds game. That's the beauty of them, hamfisting anything you want as a superhero.
>>
>>44285717
A Skeleton who only wants to spook the local peasantry but is inexorably drawn into the main plot in order to save the village he so loves to spook
>>
>>44285944
Luck
>>
>>44285997
When I say "bibliophile" I mean a bibliophile among bibliophiles, like the guy other bibliophiles seem normal around. He wouldn't even care about using the knowledge or anything, as long as he gets to read something he hasn't read before. That's why I doubt I'll be able to find a use for him, because he sounds more like an NPC. Not the type of guy who does shit. Like he'd be a wizard just because he's read and is able to perfectly recall a bunch of wizard tomes nobody else has even heard of, but he's never practiced because doing magic shit isn't the same as reading. Perhaps something like immortality could motivate him though, since he'd be able to read for so many more years.
>>
>>44286057
Further explanation: if he was a D&D Wizard he'd have no metamagic feats, because those take practice and innovation and guidance, he'd be all Skill Focus on Knowledge and shit like that. I imagine the GM would have to be a bit picky about what the guy could reasonably have read about given his sphere of acquisition.
>>
>>44286110
Truenamers get to "read" the names of reality, and get a fuckton of knowledge points. Plus they're not that great to just plain terrible at actual adventuring. Could possibly refluff one as that.
Someone who wanted to read everything they researched how to read the names of everything. And as a consequence now have certain powers over what they have read.
>>
File: cosmic feels.png (397KB, 445x500px) Image search: [Google]
cosmic feels.png
397KB, 445x500px
>>44285717
>A swordsman who relies on illusion magic to give him an edge in battle
>A warrior who channels the spirits of his ancestors to gain their skills and abilities; each ancestor has a name, a story, and a set of abilities they grant to him
>superhero whose power draws on ambient negative emotions (fear, anger, hate) to fuel his flying brick power set; the more ambient emotion of that type is being felt by the people around him, the stronger he becomes
>>
File: TdfOpDz.jpg (103KB, 817x960px) Image search: [Google]
TdfOpDz.jpg
103KB, 817x960px
Void prophet class, the character himself is basically stereotypical villain, complete with villainous laughter, and a lot of influence from the hellsing series.

except he has a tempermental helm of alignment change stuck on his head. It works most of the time, but after taking damage in combat, it switches back until the combat finishes.
>>
>>44286236
That'd be one angle, but I'm not particularly fond of D&D, it's just a convenient example since everyone knows a little about it. WoD might be interesting, I haven't played it but I seem to recall that Toreadors have certain obsessions, like maybe this guy would be mesmerized by good prose or handwriting.
>>
That's not "antisocial" behavior, it's asocial.
>>
>>44286057
So, you want to be Rule 63 Yomiko Readman?
>>
>>44286447
Never heard of, I was inspired by (read: jacked) the historical figure Antonio Magliabechi.
>>
Near suicidal Kender unarmed barbarian. With a Philosophy towards life more or less like the crucifixion song in Life of Brian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ
>>
>>44286484
Read or Die. Both the movie and TV show were great. Movie first
>>
File: 1182.jpg (35KB, 347x304px) Image search: [Google]
1182.jpg
35KB, 347x304px
>>44286516
>>
Baseball Paladin.
>>
>>44285944
all i want to do i play blue mages
>>
- An undead centaur anti-druid
- A paladin who rides a griffin into battle
- A selkie Favored Soul of Melora
- An illusionist who specializes in sounds
- A warlock lawyer who regrets their bargain and is looking for a way out
- A character who can talk to ghosts but who only uses this power to bully them out of haunted houses, then flips the houses for profit
- A dungeon monster rehabilitator with favored enemy: adventurers
- A shifter cleric who guides lost souls to their final rest, basically Anubis
>>
>>44285717
A young man taken from a tribe of raging barbarians in his infancy and raised by the clergy of a goddess of love. Haunted by the ghostly manifestation of his true parents' rage as they died at the hands of the priests' bodyguards, he seeks to put them - and himself - at peace.
>>
Griffin paladin who's "animal companion" is a commoner who rides him (really I'd just like to play the confused chump riding the magic creature)

Also seconding the blue mage thing. That or really any sort of "I steal/copy abilities from monsters" sort of guy is always something I'd like to do. It's not unheard of in some games, but I've never really seen it done in a way that's appealing to me
>>
A narcissistic paladin who worships himself, the catch being that he draws powers from his bloodline, because his distant ancestor was a mostly forgotten minor god.

Most DMs hear "paladin who worships himself" and immediately stop listening, which might be for the better. He wouldn't be much of a team player, able to 1v1 like nobodies business but he'd rarely cast spells or lay on hands to assist his team. He'd pick off enemies one at a time or go for the biggest one, oblivious to the wizard getting overwhelmed. He just assumes adventurers should be able to fend for themselves.
>>
File: 1447254965126.jpg (193KB, 700x929px) Image search: [Google]
1447254965126.jpg
193KB, 700x929px
>>44285717
Slime woman who was once a teacher and now fights crime for JUSTICE!
>>
>>44285944
>>44293081
My melanin-enhanced brethren
>>
>>44297944
I'd be lying if playing a slimegirl doesn't interest me Especially if she has an engulf and digest/absorption ability
>>
File: 1565498151.jpg (82KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
1565498151.jpg
82KB, 900x507px
>>44299884
She would have an engulf ability, she'd be amazing at grappling... but I hate vore and I don't want anything to do with it.
>>
A person who made counterfeit art and antiques on the side has made it big and is now dedicated to finding a buying back everything they've ever faked.
>>
>>44300041
>Slimegirl
>Not having on contact acid attack
I understand the revulsion but it still feels wrong for a slimegirl to not be able to make a meal out an enemy mid-battle
>>
>>44285717
short blind rabbi piloting a golem mech... that's still made of clay. duh.
>>
Two pirates bound by a curse that links their minds together but makes it impossible for both of them to exist in this dimension at the same time, so one of them has to stay in a pocket realm (basically a tiny hut they can never leave) while the other one's out adventuring. However they're able to switch places whenever they agree upon it or when the one currently adventuring falls asleep
>>
>>44286240
you stole the last one from the nanowrimo I did 6 years ago.

the second one you stole from shaman king.
>>
>>44300349
>"stealing"
>from a no name anon on /tg/
>from a project nobody knows about

this fucking guy
>>
DM won't let me play a lesbian werewolf
>>
>>44285717

A 5th edition Abjurer Wizard who has no magic power of his own, but travels around challenging other spellcasters into duels to get their spellbooks and magic items, which he then sucks out of magic juice. Backstory would be something like "a Wizard was once a dick to me, now I take my revenge on them by draining magic from things and using it against them."

Combatwise, built around controlling and going "lol nope" at everything the enemy tries to do.

Probably won't happen because other players would lose their shit over me draining magic items of their power.
>>
File: 1568574954.jpg (48KB, 394x406px) Image search: [Google]
1568574954.jpg
48KB, 394x406px
>>44300226
Here's your reply.
>>
>>44301377
Meh, I just think slimes=amorphous acidic ooze (unless you get one of the stranger types)
Therefore slimegirls = amorphous acidic ooze that takes the shape of a sexy girl
>>
>>44301455
That's right. It's only your opinion.

Plus, I used the expression slime woman on purpose, because they aren't as acidic as slime girls in the first place. All those young ones can be real cunts to be honest.

Anyway: since you seem to be so dead set on dissolving absorption and vore, I'm going to ask that you please keep your fetish far, far away from any of my games. Thank you.
>>
File: 1437431561566.jpg (55KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1437431561566.jpg
55KB, 604x453px
>A vampire ascetic who rejects blood as a matter of principle
>A particularly jovial suit of living armor whose only real hobbies include drawing, reading to children, flirting with fair maidens, and consuming the souls of his defeated opponents
>A short, rotund cat knight
>shapeshifting slime sorcerer
>flamboyantly gay orc
>goblin bomber
>>
>>44285717
>christmas golem
Kind of dumb but might work in a superhero setting, at least it has a simple theme going. 6/10

>>44285851
>Fish-out-of-water compounded by being a fish-out-of-water who is also a shapeshifter
Has way too many things going on at once but nothing particularly offensively bad, 5/10

>>44285944
>blue mage arms dealer
Weird hobby but blue mages are cool at least, 6/10

>>44285961
>Bibliophile with eidetic memory
That's not a character, that's a guy who likes to read and has a good memory, 1/10

>>44286004
>Goofy spoogy skeleton hero
Would be great for a light hearted game, 8/10

>>44286240
>Swordsman with illusion magic
Guild Wars Mesmer/10

>Ancestral spirit warrior
Sounds like an excuse to try to be good at everything, minmax/10

>Superhero powered up by negative emotions
antihero/10

>>44286250
Sounds lolrandumb and you mentioned a Grimderp series, easy 3/10

>>44286516
>kender
>monty python
0/10

>>44292867
I don't even know what this means, a Paladin who plays baseball, or just a Paladin who uses a baseball bat as a weapon? Either way 0/10

>>44296973
>Undead centaur anti-druid
Too much going on at once, 3/10
>Paladin with a griffin mount
This isn't a character, it's a class with a somewhat unusual mount, 2/10
>selkie Favored Soul of Melora
No idea what any of those mean but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume worshiping a god gives this character at least something resembling a character, 5/10
>Sound Illusionist
Not a character/10
>A warlock lawyer trying to legalese their way out of their bargain
Finally something that sounds like a character, 6/10
>A real estate agent who talks to ghosts
Sounds like he'll make a fine NPC but won't be doing much adventuring, 4/10
>A dungeon monster with favored enemy: adventurers
Not really a character, 2/10
>Anubis Cleric, guiding dead souls
I mean, that's literally what Clerics do anyway, so 3/10
>>
>>44302557

>>44297828
>Barbarians vs Hippies, The Cultural Clash
Not bad but I openly wonder why a goddess of love has bodyguards that apparently raid barbarian camps to kill parents and kidnap kids, 6/10

>>44297889
>Griffin paladin with commoner animal companion
1/10

>>44297906
>A narcissistic paladin who worships himself
I foresee this character getting really old, really fast, but might be fun for a 1-shot, 4/10
>Clarification that he wouldn't be much of a teamplayer
Nevermind, I assumed you'd actually still be a chivalrous knight with a vested interest in working with companions, just with a huge ego, not a lonerfaggot. 0/10

>>44297944
>Slimegirl teacher turned adventurer
Why can't she just be a normal teacher?

>>44299884
>Fetishbait
Oh that's why, 0/10

>>44300084
>Counterfeiter who suddenly realizes he wants all his counterfeited stuff
Not really following the motive but might be alright if it was pitched better or had more sensible context around it, 5/10

>>44300291
>Two mind-linked pirates but only one's ever out at any given time
Why aren't they just one pirate then, you've functionally described a singular character, just with a dumb gimmick attached to give you an excuse to roleplay a different personality every now and again, 3/10

>>44300469
>lesbian werewolf
Fetish bait, 0/10

>>44300639
>Spell-stealer
Eh, 4/10

>>44301533
>Vampire ascetic who rejects blood
Now we're fucking talking, 8/10
>Living armor who acts like a normal nice knight and then eats souls
Sounds needlessly edgy but whatever, 5/10
>A short, rotund cat knight
Sir Bearington by another name, 1/10
>Shapeshifting slime sorcerer
I don't get it, so he's like a spellcaster, beastboy, and a slime? A large skillset but not really a character, 2/10
>Flamboyantly gay orc
0/10
>Goblin bomber
You say that and I hear "techies from dota 2" but still I could dig it, 6/10
>>
>>44286057

Unknown Armies has you covered.

Look up Bibliomancer.
>>
File: Actually, no I don't.png (12KB, 542x690px) Image search: [Google]
Actually, no I don't.png
12KB, 542x690px
>>44302557
>>44302579
I wonder who could be behind these posts...
>>
>>44302557
>>44302579
Oh wow, I wonder who this gentleman so willing to share his opinion is.
>>
File: saitama ok_1.jpg (24KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
saitama ok_1.jpg
24KB, 375x305px
>>44302679
>>44302725

>MFW a pair of fags think I'm some tripfag because I insulted their dumb ideas

I had no idea virt even did ratings in these threads, but then I never really paid any attention to him
>>
>>44302745
You should've, you might've learned something about yourself.
>>
>>44302557
>not knowing The Batter
Get a load of this guy
>>
I want to do a repairdwarf out looking for replacement parts to the machinery that keeps the mountain kingdom moving. Ideally 5e barbarian so that I can justify only using flannel and overalls. Refluff his main weapons as just being tools. 10lb sledge instead of a maul and always carry a toolchest.
>>
File: a1c2771134[1].png (10KB, 539x301px) Image search: [Google]
a1c2771134[1].png
10KB, 539x301px
>>44302798

>You should've e-stalked this tripfag so you could see him everywhere, like I do, since my ideas can't possibly be dumb and only he would insult them
>>
>>44302745
Replying to the entire thread is pure shitposting. I don't blame them for thinking you're a notorious shitposter.
>>
>>44302871
>you had to stalk virt to know what he was like
Your newfag is showing, lurk the fuck moar.
>>
>>44302745
>>44302871

Gonna have to agree with this anon here.

We can't keep seeing the ghosts of former haunts in every post.

And most of your guys ideas are kinda shitty, lets be honest here.

>>44302915

>Not having every tripfag on a filter

I honestly didn't even know virt was gone until someone posted the screencap like 3 weeks after the fact.
>>
>>44302579
The point is the tribe attacked the priests to get the shiny relics and left the kid at their camp. Adventurer bodyguards got in the way, kid was adopted out of guilt by a clergyman - the one who had paid for the adventurer bodyguards knowing the area was dangerous, but expecting the threats to consist mostly of monsters.
>>
A Kobold monk who left her warren looking for enlightment. After she found it she decided to preach her enlightment the-tall-people, but unfortunately her common is...
>I ENLIGHT! I SEE! IF YOU NO HONOR MY STICK SEE YOU TOO! HARD!
Still if anyone tried to talk to her in dragonic they would discover quite brilliant and caring individual.
She has mostly been preaching in taverns, because cruches and temples kick her out on sight and because drunk people are more receptive, but unfortunately most of her public are convinced that she is a stand-up comedian.
>>
>>44302932
Perhaps true, but I only filter tripfags after finding out how cancerous they are, and I usually at least glance at hidden posts to see if I'm not missing something good. A practice I abandoned swiftly with virt, but not swiftly enough, I suppose. And besides, the reason nobody liked when virt did it is because it was a shit thing to do, not because virt was the one doing it. So learning from his example would still have been the prudent thing to do.
>>
>no ways to mitigate the movement speed penalty of heavy armor without a magic item
Boots of striding and sprinting aren't too expensive though, is there any other boot slot item I'd actually NEED?
>>
>>44302981
I don't come here for a hugbox though. I like this place BECAUSE it is unhinged in telling me my shit ideas are shit. And its hard to find places where the norm is to tell you when your shit ideas are shit. Is it shitty? Kinda. Is it necessary? Definitely.
>>
>>44303025
I see no indication anyone here wanted review on their ideas. Just share ideas that'll probably mever work.
>>
A Pessimist fey pact warlock who is constantly annoyed by his overoptimistic sprite companion. They are working together in order to save a dying Nymph Queen.
>>
File: 1445760298427.jpg (552KB, 720x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1445760298427.jpg
552KB, 720x1107px
>>44285717
An old Pulp-style space hero, worn down by age and his experiences, but still dedicated to his ideals.

Yes I want to play Duke McQueen
>>
>>44303025
The fact that long-ass thread-encompassing posts, with a short sentence and a x/10 rating per response, are frowned upon doesn't make /tg/ a hugbox. /r9k/ is a hugbox, because it's a place for people of the same mindset to feel sorry and superior together.
>>
>>44303063
I've just been reading this conversation and agreed at first but I'm not following you anymore. I think replying to every god damned post is shitty, but providing feedback is just fine.
>>
>>44303063
Most people also don't want reviews of their crotch, but would prefer if you did tell them that their zipper was down.
>>
>>44303097
Yeah, that's totally a good analogy.
>>
File: animu girl it CAN be helped_1.jpg (88KB, 493x696px) Image search: [Google]
animu girl it CAN be helped_1.jpg
88KB, 493x696px
>>44302936

Well this just makes less sense, how would the clergyman with the bodyguards have found the barbarian's camp? He was presumably going about his own way, and it's the barbarians who raided him so presumably they had scouts who spotted him and had a camp at least a little out of the way unless they literally just pitched a tent along the road, saw this jackass walking down the way, and went to go tell him to reach fer da sky.

And from a story perspective the motive to listen to the parents' ghosts is kind of weak considering they were demonstrable jackasses, unless you're going for an unreliable narrator thing and that's just the story the PC was told, and then the PC is getting a different story from the ghosts that makes him want to investigate to find the truth. Filial piety is a fine motive but it comes off as pretty weak if your parents were literal and admitted thugs.

I'd give the situation more thought, as written it doesn't seem particularly compelling.

>>44303063
>Just share ideas that'll probably mever work.

Food for thought: Maybe if you fixed them so they didn't suck, they *would* work.
>>
>>44302579
>Slimegirl teacher turned adventurer
Slime Woman*
And she's not an adventurer, she's a superhero.
I want her to be a woman because I think it will be fun as heck. And if you worry about me making it fetishy, you won't have to worry about it: unlike others I know where to keep my dick when I go at the table.
>>
>>44285717
A girl who started studying necromancy under the (flawed) assumption that she could use it to keep people from dying. Found out she was wrong when she accidentally turned her dying uncle into a zombie. Now she roams around renting out a small mercenary band of skeletons to reasonable causes who are open-minded enough to pay her.

Another idea I’d like to try sometimes is a paladin who’s actually a trio of kobolds trying to drive a full sized suit of plate mail.
>>
File: this is you.gif (498KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
this is you.gif
498KB, 245x230px
>>44303150
>*would*
Yeah, nah.
>>
File: 1241270557422.jpg (4KB, 90x128px) Image search: [Google]
1241270557422.jpg
4KB, 90x128px
>>44303230

>Up in arms over a common method of representing emphasis via text

At this point I'm starting to think you've plainly been too triggered to have a rational discussion with.
>>
>>44303150
>dat review

Well, uh. Geez, thanks, anon!
>>
I want to make a Frankenstein/Faustus combination and include all the denial and melodrama that would entail.
>>
>>44303147
The analogy is that you wouldn't want to be embarrassing yourself out in public in front of others just because other people were too courteous to tell you that you had made a mistake.

The level of feedback may be different, but the concept remains the same.
>>
>physically weak Illusionist/enchanter
>weak to the extend she would have to choose between having a weapon and armor or a weapon and her enchanted piercings
>Enchantments ranging from defensive buffs to illusions of clothing
>want to play her as either
>A. socially awkward girl terrified of what'll happen if the party finds out or the illusions fail in public but refuses to just get real clothes due to family traditions
>B. Completely shameless woman who only bothers to recharge/toggle the clothing illusions while in town or when party members complain, often making fun of her "cherry" party for being prudes
>C. Socially retarded girl raised as a nudist who cannot understand why anyone would bother with clothes when her enchanted piercings are so much better, feels that people wearing clothes are stupid and should be pitied

I'll never get the chance to play her since my usual group are minmaxing no fun shitter and I don't think I could make a character like this without becoming a "burden" to them Plus its magical realm as fuck even if I don't have an exhibition fetish
>>
>>44303832
Well my dick's pretty hard.
>>
Thrall of a Dark God adventuring to gain power for his forgotten lord. He slowly beings liking his companions for themselves instead of as tools. Probably gets to the point that its a clash of his religion and his friendship.
>>
>>44303832
I think A is the best, particularly given you could have her grow to be confidant enough she doesn't mind if the illusion fails (but would still rather have them up)

Also, maybe find a second group if you want RP
And there's nothing wrong with fetish, as long as it doesn't disrupt the game, there are worse things than secretly a nudist
>>
>>44302980
>kobold preacher contending with language barriers
Pretty game specific since you'd need a somewhat silly game where she'd be high enough a level to have reasonably discovered enlightment, though you could just as easily spin it as her trying to get some other message out (get people to come to her sensei's school to learn Ultimate Dragon Kung Fu or something). I foresee the joke getting played out kind of quick though, and it's a goal that is solved as soon as you get a few time skips with a character willing to teach you common. 6/10

>>44303066
>Straight man and foil: The Character
Not bad or anything but this is generally a dynamic better handled by other players. It works if the companion gets roleplayed by the GM but it does feel weaker. 5/10

>>44303184
>slimegirl teacher turned *superhero*
Need to be a Trusted Player/10

>>44303521
>Emo edition Frankenstein
Kind of vague and depends on how you'd handle it, if it's more "oh god I'm a monster this is so awful" then I foresee that getting old really fast, if it's more like "a monster discovering the meaning of humanity" then it might be pretty good. Would need a real character driven game for it. 4-6/10

>>44303832
>Some decrepit woman whose body can't handle earrings and armor being worn at the same time
What
>Apparently not even earrings and *normal few-ounce clothes*
WHAT
>Illusions of clothing
>nudist
Oh.
Fetish shit, 0/10

>>44304032
>Cultist who comes to value friendship more than his god
Would necessitate a party willing to play ball a little above and beyond the usual "Well he's in our party so we've gotta help him" level of commitment since anything less than them treating you as a genuine friend would hurt the credibility of the arc, with the more POWER OF FRIENDSHIP party members there are the better it will be. But assuming the party are not shitters that should easily make for a bretty fugn naisu character arc, 8/10
>>
>>44285717
>Character ideas that you'll probably never get to use thread.

Hitler
>>
>>44286057
I like the Idea of this Guy adventuring because he's read everything He possible can get where he is right now. And Finding old books seems more proactive then waiting for new books to come out.Spends all his excess gold on patronizing a writers guild s they can write him more books.
>>
>>44304684
>Need to be a Trusted Player/10
You are right. I wouldn't ask to play this in a group I haven't played with beforehand, with players I don't know if I can trust.
>>
Bumping because I'm interested but don't have time to make a post just yet. Has anybody ever been able to make a character for a campaign that they thought they'd never be allowed or able to play?
>>
>>44301533
I'm digging that armor idea, goes from odd habits to mildly terrifying.
>>
File: sackscon_400x400.png (175KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
sackscon_400x400.png
175KB, 400x400px
>>44285717
>Character ideas that you'll probably never get to use thread.
>>a golem made of melted down christmas ornaments built to spread hannukah cheer
>>named Saulem

You have obviously never played Fallen London
>>
>>44303832
Is this the same person who kept making bare-breasted characters and was involved in several magical realm and that guy threads?
>>
Okay, so I have several.

trans vivisectionist alchemist, ex surgeon sadist (not a dark eldar, honest)

curse and virtue, a tiefling summoner who's summoned creature takes the form of a paladin. her voice is the sound of glass shattering crossed with nails on chalkboards, so she speaks through him constantly

pirate girl with a tendency to wear striped tops, bandannas, wields pistols and likes to hula in her spare time

a dex based character who wears a smiling mask, and dresses like a clown (not a harlequin, honest)

and about a billion others
>>
A Tengu fighter who is a reformed thief, who murdered his former 'family' because he discovered they kidnapped him and murdered his birth family as a child. He has aspiration of ascending to godhood so he can meet his parents.
>>
I had an idea for a dwarf that was a huge giantaboo, and eventually got banished from its clan for learning secret giant magics. He would be a metal elementalist (in 3.5 terms a wu-jen), and almost as a polar opposite of the classic dwarven stereotype: an arcane caster instead of a fighter, and instead of the reverence towards metalworking, for him it would just be a matter of shaping it with spells. Add to that that in some settings the giant/dwarf rivalry goes back to mythic times, with legends of ancestral enslavement and so on.
>>
ITT: people who think that race + class is a valid character concept.
>>
>>44308085
>ITT actually means "the last two posts"

You're just looking for something to bitch about, faglord. Kill yourself.
>>
>>44302617
How's the system?
>>
>>44303291
Discussion about what? That stars shit is out and one-sentence reviews with x/10 ratings are stupid shit that helps nobody, and nobody's interested in it. You want a discussion, you start a discussion, you don't spit some five word shit like someone's supposed to care that you took five seconds of your time.
>>
I've always wanted to play a character that has no natural magic abilities whatsoever. Instead they rely on a shit load of magical trinkets. Mostly simple stuff that can have lots of practical uses. But that can get really expensive. I could be a thief and steal it all but that's really living on the edge. Trying to make them myself on the super cheap via cost and time requires a lot more "diligence" than I'm willing to put forth in one night especially if my Dm is gonna make it tougher to do than it really needs to be.
>>
>>44309577
It's d100 roll under. Matched numbers are slightly better/worse than a normal success/failure. Combat's quick and is only a good idea if you're bringing a gun to a fistfight. Magic is weird, but the book itself explains how it works pretty well.

>http://www.modernfables.net/alan/unknown_armies/Unknown_Armies_2nd_Edition%20-%20Copy.pdf
>>
File: amanwithadream.jpg (9KB, 234x215px) Image search: [Google]
amanwithadream.jpg
9KB, 234x215px
>>44285717
A dwarf bard who is a one man band.
He uses his accordion as a bashing weapon and ruins any chance of stealthy approach with the noise the pedestals on his feet make.
His aspiration is to write such a epic battle song that it will make a slap fight between peasants feel so epic other bards will write songs about it.
>>
why is there always one idiot who thinks he needs to reply to every single post in the thread by making one giant post. its not like I'm gonna read it.
>>
All your ideas are shit and there's a good reason your GM doesn't let you play characters like that.
>>
>>44310419
I had a really strong bard who used to drag a large organ about. I keeping loling at your idea of a one man band.

Good times.
>>
A Street Sam adrenaline/BTL junkie built around movement and reaction enhancements with a Sim sense rig. He started running to get new 'content' for a matrix server.
>>
>>44313997
I should have added, this would be a character for a Shadowrun game.
>>
>>44285717
A carnie who juggles grenades.
A painter whose goal in life is to become famous by discovering a new color
a street magician who is horrible at slight of hand magic so is seeking real true magic to liven up his act
The most average fucking guy who for some reason has a truly absurd amount of luck
A robot who gained sentience and is on a quest to discover whether or not he has a soul, and by extension if theres an afterlife and what its like and yadda yadda yadda. (I had the idea a couple years ago and then I heard about Zenyatta in overwatch earlier this year and that alone is why I'm going to get the game)
>>
>>44317032
Oh, and I almost forgot
> A parrot-person punk rock bard who was neglected by his parents and so sets out to make absolutely certain that every person he meets remembers his name and who he is because deep down his worst fear is being forgotten again. He doesn't give a shit if people remember him for being an asshole or a hero, just as long as people know who he is and they don't forget it.
>>
>>44285717
A dwarf
My DM hates them and kills off any dwarf PC
>>
In a campaign I'm playing in soon I'll be a bard multiclassed with a warlock who made a deal with some shady guys in exchange for a powerful artifact/instrument
>>
>>44309194

>ITT actually means "the last two posts"

What? No. Actually read the thread. There's around a solid dozen of them if not more.

I should know, I reviewed them :^)
>>
>>44307448
>trans vivisectionist alchemist, ex surgeon sadist
Sounds really edgy honestly, but could work in a darker game. You've really just described a skill set and not much of a character though. 4/10

>A Tiefling summoner who has a Paladin pet that she talks through
Alright so, what, as part of her demonic heritage, she can't speak clearly? Is she from a society of functional mutes or something? I don't really get why it'd be a Paladin she summons, really anything that could speak would get the same idea across. Needs to be fleshed out a little more but an alright start to a character, 5/10

>A not-harlequin
I mean it's fine to be inspired by stuff and all but again you haven't really described a character here, just a dude with an outrageous fashion sense, 3/10

>>44307774
>Tengu searching for her true family in heaven
Would require certain assumptions about the setting to work at all, I mean you're speaking in terms of D&D and I'm pretty sure it's usually a given that you can just Planeshift to whatever afterlife your parents may have gone to in there. Still though it's a goal, a bit of an edgy one but a goal nonetheless, 6/10

>>44308071
>Dwarven Race Traitor: Play Against Type edition
I mean that's one hell of a cultural norm to play against but yeah it takes all kinds. Personally if I were to have him as a character I think it'd be better to take a step back and play him while he was *searching* for the secret giant magics. It gives him an obvious goal and it lets players experience his unease in dwarven society, since at that point he's still a part of it, albeit probably something of an outcast. 7/10

>>44310015
>Use Magic Item: The Character
Needs more thought to it than what stuff he uses, 3/10

>>44310419
>One man bard
I foresee very annoyed stealth characters and it sounds incredibly goofy if you insist on wearing that shit all the time. Still though, at least there's a goal involved. 5/10
>>
>>44318849

>>44313997
>Samurai druggie
I'd probably need to be familiar with Shadowrun to properly judge this, but all in all it seems to fill the basics of a character. Skill set, something going on in his life (junkie), and a goal. 5/10

>>44317032
>A carnie who juggles grenades
What, like, all the time? 2/10
>A painter trying to become famous by discovering a new color
Kind of weak. If you're gunna have a mundane skillset and try to develop a goal based on that skill set, you need to ask yourself "Why couldn't I just do that without stepping out of town?" Why can't this painter just start experimenting with a bunch of chemicals in a lab or alchemist's shop or something? Is every other painter a painter/alchemist that has already discovered all the different chemical combinations one can use to produce color, so his only recourse is to search for new rare materials, probably gained by killing some monster or whatever? Too many questions pop to mind as an alternate way to achieving the goal you've described. You need to pump the gas a little here and narrow the focus of it. 4/10

>A terrible street magician trying to become a real magician
Should just make him a good street magician trying to become a real magician honestly. I have a hard time figuring that real magic is easier to learn than improving your sleight of hand. But even if we're gunna assume he's just THAT terrible at sleight of hand, it seems like if you want to learn real magic, therefore establishing that real magic exists, is something that *can* be learned, and is common enough to where a stage magician would know about these facts, it's setting your sights pretty damn low to only learn it so you can be better at stage magic. It's the equivalent of seeing how John the Accountant tries to learn dvorak so he can Account better. The goal needs some work but there's decent ideas here. 5/10
>>
>>44318932

>>44317032
>Super lucky average guy
Not a character and only begins to work in a setting where he has contrasts with superheroes or something, otherwise he's just a fag with plot armor, 0/10

>A philosophical robot
Only works in a setting where all those questions are up in the air but otherwise a fine place to start off. 6/10

>>44318786
>A bard/warlock who made a pact
I mean, I'm sure there's more context in your actual game, but what you've described here isn't anything particularly special. 4/10

>>44317289
>A parrot-man punk rock bard with daddy issues
Well, it's better for a character to try to make an impression than be a wallflower in my book, so that works. 6/10

>>44318656
>A dwarf
Not a character, 1/10
>>
>intelligent parrot who can possess people by sitting on their shoulder
would be a little OP, but pretty fun-sounding. Might get old after a while.

>not evil lich who runs a large pub/inn with his skeleton thralls
Sedentary life doesn't really work for your typical adventuring game

>lich pirate who sails the high seas on his ship which is actually a dead whale with his literal skeleton crew plundering booty and singing sea shanties
more of an NPC than a PC in most circumstances

>seasoned warrior who originally got into adventuring to defend his farm from some bandits
>everything he does is still somehow tied into that, and he's very annoyed about the whole thing, just wants to go back to his farm
I may actually do this one

>bard with Tourrette's who can speak any language, but is a very poor singer and musician
being comically bad at your given task is fine, unless your friends rely on you to do that task
>>
File: 1448746839660.jpg (24KB, 496x499px) Image search: [Google]
1448746839660.jpg
24KB, 496x499px
>>44302557
>>44302579
>>44318932
>>44318955
>these posts
haha wow, I actually have autism but there's no way someone can be THIS autistic

>What, like, all the time?
Obviously fucking not
"my dad flies jet airliners"
"what, like all the time? XD"

>not a character
in the context of /tg/s, yes, "half-elf paladin of the shovel god" is a character.

Is it a good character in a narrative or dramatic sense? No. Is it complete enough to be a CONCEPT for an AGENT OF MECHANICS in a GAME? Yes.

You're obviously terminally autistic and can't differentiate between different meanings of the word "character" in different contexts, though, so I'm not even sure why I bother.
>>
>>44319203
I'm not that guy, but you really don't see how

>tell me about your character
>it's a [race] [class] full stop

is not that great of an attitude? I mean, it's the lowes common denominator, and a sort of mentality that is not far from just playing an hack and slash vidja at the table. Evidently a lot of people are content with that but it's a sad slice of an hobby that should be based on imagination.
>>
A recently-deceased young noble's despair, given form and spirit. He's since latched on to a chipper young lady, mostly because she's always been sensitive to the world of the incorporeal and decided she'd try to cheer him up.

It hasn't worked, since if it managed to work, he'd, you know. Stop existing.
>>
A kender spellthief

Will probably never happen because I don't know enough people who know dragonlance, .
>>
>>44285717

An back-alley doctor who has a great deal of occult knowledge and specialises in such cases. Probably came from somewhere in the Middle East or Africa and trained in an old family medical tradition before also learning modern medicine. Is a good doctor but can't afford a license over here so just ends up working off the record (to use in WoD, probably as a Hunter, maybe as an NPC ally or contact of some supernatural thinger).
>>
>>44318849
I know I haven't fleshed them out much (first guy you responded to in that post), but I've sorta done that so I can fit them to a new campaign easily. When I fill in the gaps, I fill them in with stuff to make them work well in that particular campaign.
>>
>>44285961
Play Unknown Armies and you can have crazy magic powers too.
>>
>>44286004
>>44285717
>>44301533
>>44319077

Yes to all of these.
>>
>>44319824
>Kender

REMOVE KENDER

-Kazuhira "If your PC's a Kender, I'm going to end 'er" Miller
>>
>>44320393
Actually, not so much the last three of >>44301533 , but aside from that yes to all
>>
A wayward piper of the 42nd Regiment of Foot, who keeps getting dragged into the main plot, despite mostly wanting to:
1. Find his regiment.
2. Play bagpipes.
3. Do 1 and 2 at the same time.
I'd play him as a bard if the system allowed it.
>>
>>44285944
I play a game called Demongate High that has a cool Blue Mage sort of power type: Demon Artists can use the abilities of demons they link to as well as stealing power from nearby demons (and considering a vast majority of the time, the enemy is going to be demons, it's pretty powerful, if a little complex. It could definitely be adapted for other settings, though.)

I'll be interested to see what you come up with, though.
>>
>>44285717
>A Dying World/Wild West themed Fantasy Setting. One of the largest settlements is basically Medieval Vegas where people go to literally party/gamble themselves to death.
>>
>>44310117
I'm all for bringing guns to fistfights, so I'll see if I can't convince someone to give it a try. Thanks.
>>
>>44286236
read the name of the wind by patrick rothfuss. it's about a bard/wizard/fighter who eventually learns the art of naming
>>
File: 1423991241168.jpg (66KB, 649x491px) Image search: [Google]
1423991241168.jpg
66KB, 649x491px
>>44302557
>Sound Illusionist
>not a character
>>
>>44324292

No more than Human Fighter is m80.

That one isn't, either.
>>
>>44285717
Kender exist in the setting I am playing in, but as halflings afflicted with a mental disorder. I want to make a kender bard who forgets to take his meds on occasion.
>>
>>44302557
No one fucking cares holy shit go away
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.