[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/ what kinda setting is Interface Zero 2.0? I would like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: 1438966009499-1.png (256KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1438966009499-1.png
256KB, 480x640px
Hey /tg/ what kinda setting is Interface Zero 2.0?
I would like to know more about it, like how is it, what can you do in it, is it easy or hard and such.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>44283437
It's a cyberpunk setting with the standard tropes of mercs-for-hire, hackers, androids, megacorporations, etc.

It has medium crunch, lots of character options and comes with a pretty decent cyberpunk world in which the US broke up into statelets and China is very powerful but at war with Russia.
>>
>>44284928
Thanks. How does hacking work let's say compared to cyberpunk 2020 and shadowrun 5th e?
>>
>>44286377
There are augmented reality objects that you can access with your TAP (cyberbrain), so it's more hands on than the virtual reality of CP2020. There are no cyber-dungeons in IZ. You get programs and sprites and some gadgets that help with hacking. It's medium complexity, less work than shadowrun.
>>
File: 1411937805814.jpg (244KB, 1376x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1411937805814.jpg
244KB, 1376x1500px
>>44287293
Sounds good, because i like the feeling of CP2020 cyberspace and Gibsons cyberspace, but cyber-dungeons can gtfo.
Do you actually go into the net or is it just ARO's?
If it's less work than SR, then it also probably means that other party members won't have to go get pizza while decker does his things.
What about combat or so?

Also does anyone have the PDF of it, so i could look at it and get a better understanding of all the stuff that is there.
>>
File: 1412454766540.jpg (324KB, 1920x1429px) Image search: [Google]
1412454766540.jpg
324KB, 1920x1429px
Has anyone played IZ 2.0?
If so then what were your thoughts about it.
>>
>>44287293
Just curious, what exactly is a "cyberdungeon"?
>>
>>44289302
It's basically a well a mini dungeon that a GM should make for the decker to beat in Cyberpunk 2020.
>>
Has no one really played Interface Zero 2.0?
>>
File: 014_1000.jpg (435KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
014_1000.jpg
435KB, 1000x1000px
>>44289957
>>44288826
I've played it. First thing I can tell you is to have a team of all cyberspace warriors or none, because if you don't, they'll all be doing separate shit the whole time.

TAPs can get really confusing, but once you get the hang of them it really improves flow. I wish there was more straight-up descriptions of the tech and its applications rather than having to glean it from discussion of the setting.

Overall, hella solid, especially if you already like the way Savage Worlds works. After a few months of searching it's been the most straightforward, modern and fun cyberpunk system I've ever used.
>>
>>44291051
>have a team of all cyberspace warriors or none, because if you don't, they'll all be doing separate shit the whole time.
That seems somewhat disappointing - is this separate from people who can use TAPs?

And anyone got a pdf?
>>
>>44292880
If you work really hard on party unity you can have it be a split of virtual and real-life enemies/obstacles, but it takes some extra doing and it feels like everyone's kinda doing their own thing. Everyone can use TAPs but most people opt to do a ton of shit with it or nothing at all.
>>
Anyone with a TAP can attempt to hack with a Hacking skill roll. All PCs receive a free TAP at character creation unless they take the major hindrance Off the Grid. Programs are not necessary for hacking and only provide modifiers.

The system for hacking in Interface Zero 2.0 is the same regardless of whether your character is remotely hacking a Cloud Network, a Hyper Object, or someone’s Tendril Access Processor (TAP).
1. Hack the target’s Firewall by making a Hacking (Firewall Penetration) skill roll versus the network’s Defense Rating, or the Firewall of the TAP. This is a regular action.
>If the roll fails or does not generate a raise, the target can make a Hacking (Intrusion Detection) roll at a penalty equal to the rating of any stealth engrams running in AMS. If the roll is successful the intrusion is detected.

2. Once you’ve hacked past the Firewall, you can perform actions by making the appropriate Hacking or Knowledge (Programming) skill check with the Target number being equal to the Defense Rating of the network or the Firewall of the TAP. Each skill roll is an action, though you can take multiple actions. Standard multi action penalties apply. If you have a Sprite, you can upload it into the destination network, where it acts like an Extra under your control.
>As above, if any of the rolls fails or does not generate a raise; the target is allowed a Hacking (Intrusion Detection) roll (modified by and stealth engrams you have loaded in AMS) to detect the hacker’s activity.

3.Repeat Step 2 as many times as you wish, or log out. Logging out is a regular action if your character isn’t under attack. If the character is under attack, you must make an opposed Hacking roll against the Defense Rating of
the Network or the Firewall of the TAP, to log out. Failure means you can’t log out that round.

https://kat.cr/interface-zero-2-0-core-rulebook-pdf-t10962186.html
>>
>>44295241
Anyone with a TAP and an Avatar can enter VR.
This is a basic avatar with no additional programing included..
Attributes: VR Agility d4; Smarts *; Spirit *; VR Strength d4; Vigor *
VR Skills: none
Charisma: *; VR Pace: 6; VR Parry: 2; VR Toughness: **
*These are the actual character’s Traits.
**The character’s TAP’s Neural Toughness

When determining an avatar’s skills, for skills linked to Smarts and Spirit, the avatar uses the character’s skills. Any skill linked to the virtual attributes (VR Agility, VR Strength, VR Vigor) must be purchased or programmed in order for the avatar to have it.

Since avatars have no Rank, there is no Rank requirement for Edges. Instead, the Rank requirement translates into the programing modifier/cost. The avatar/character still must meet all the other requirements for the Edge, including required Edges. When determining if the requirements are met, use the Avatar’s Traits first, for those Traits not possessed by the avatar (such as Smarts or Spirit) then the character’s Trait is used.

An avatar may be programed with various virtual powers. These work the same as powers from the Savage Worlds core rules, with a few exceptions.
>Skill Use: To activate a virtual power program in Virtual Reality, the character uses his Hacking (Run Program) skill.
>Rank: Virtual power programs do not have a Rank restriction, instead if the power is a higher Rank than the character, the character suffers an additional −1 to his Hacking (Run Program) skill each rank different. So a Novice character who purchases a power program with a Heroic rank requirement is at an additional −3 penalty to use that power.
>Power Points: The No Power Points setting rule from the Savage Worlds core rules is used.
>>
>>44295468
Virtual Reality is a realm of metaphor, where aspects of a system — and even other people — have a digital representation which may or may not look like the thing they represent. For example, a security camera might look like a watch tower, or a Firewall might look like a security door. An attack program might look like a giant dragon breathing fire. Because Virtual Reality can very abstract, it can take much longer for a hacker to achieve the same goals she could in Hyper Reality or the Global DataNet. The GM and players should seriously consider whether or not they want to hack in Virtual Reality.

The core mechanic for Virtual Reality hacking is exactly the same as hacking Hyper Reality or the Global DataNet. Characters make the relevant Hacking and Knowledge (Programming) skills using the core mechanic, repeating the steps as many times as they need to get the job done. Domains are built using the System Network Statistics, with one notable exception; intrusion countermeasures (attack programs, guardian programs, etc.) are created as if they were Expert or AI sprites.

Combat works the same as it does in outside of Virtual Reality. Since the avatar is only a representation of the character or a program on the network; any damage dealt, either lethal or non-lethal is applied directly to the character or the Network. If a character is Incapacitated due to non-lethal damage, her avatar crashes and she is kicked out of Virtual Reality. If damage is lethal, the character is taking physical damage, and an Incapacitated condition destroys the avatar as well (a new avatar must be purchased or programmed).
>>
>>44295568
In general, Virtual Reality operates at a 1:1 ratio; that is, 1 hour in Virtual Reality equals 1 hour in the real world. That said, it is possible to speed up or slow down this ratio. Some domains, such as VR prisons, speed this ratio up to a year of virtual time for and hour of real time. In this manner, the prisoner can serve years and years of a sentence in Virtual Reality while his body only spends a fraction of that time in physical containment.
Similarly, various on-line entertainment domains like MMORPGS, Simsex parlors and other environments speed the ratio to a maximum of up to two hours in VR for every hour in the real world, as stipulated by Virtual Domain regulation agencies.
Characters can manipulate the ratio of a given domain by making a Knowledge (Programming) roll against the Defense Rating of the network. All entertainment domains are Corporate Access Networks. Success speeds up the ratio to 3:1.
>>
>>44292880
>And anyone got a pdf?
See link at end of >>44295241
>>
All this VR stuff in IZ seems so much fun and good.
Makes me want to make a campaign in the system right now or play it.
>>
File: Blame_v04_c04_p140_141.jpg (186KB, 1456x979px) Image search: [Google]
Blame_v04_c04_p140_141.jpg
186KB, 1456x979px
Interfaze Zero 2.0 runs on savage world's system right?
I heard that it is good or usable on like your own worlds or campaign?
I was wondering that could it be a good system to run Blame! kinda campaign?
>>
File: cyberpunk34.jpg (195KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk34.jpg
195KB, 1024x684px
one bump, for having a link to a pdf
>>
File: 1417569331713.jpg (41KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1417569331713.jpg
41KB, 500x667px
>>44304381
>>
>44304381
It's right>>44295241 there
>>
File: cyberblackguy6.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cyberblackguy6.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
>>44305357
Yes, hence the bump
>>
Speaking of PDFs anyone has Savage Worlds deluxe explorers editon pdf?
>>
File: 1331780025757.jpg (180KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1331780025757.jpg
180KB, 600x800px
>>44301825
Savage Worlds could be good for Blame! or you could try the /tg/ homebrew called Blam!

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blam!
>>
>>44307452
Ill check it out and also SW system with maybe something from IZ 2.0 if it seems good enough.
Started reading the manga again and i just can't get enough of it.
>>
I've some more IZ 2.0 books and a different source for a download if y'all want it
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/yg7jz5qfybo24/IZ_2.0

>>44307236
Here ya go
www.mediafire.com/download/4xfpy1yrhgajy1q/
>>
>>44307838
Sweet thanks anon.
>>
>>44295568
>The core mechanic for Virtual Reality hacking is exactly the same as hacking Hyper Reality or the Global DataNet.
>then what's the fucking point?
>>
>>44308108
the lulz. It just allows for more shenanigans and stuff, since it's all a fake reality.
Also I think in the Phoenix book it allows for "Ghosting" which is some shit I haven't bothered to read about, so who knows.
>>
>>44308108
If hacking into something is the central focus of a story arch you can have the whole party go into VR together and actually have everybody be useful instead of splitting the party up and everyone waiting around for the hacker to do his thing.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.