[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /TG/ What's your favorite RPG system? Why you like it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 220px-Neuroshima.jpg (23KB, 220x310px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Neuroshima.jpg
23KB, 220x310px
Hey /TG/
What's your favorite RPG system? Why you like it?
>>
>>44223820
Mutants and Masterminds 3e, because it's the first game I've played with my amazing group and it's a fairly easy system to understand once you get into it and it's also incredibly versatile.
>>
>>44223820
Talislanta, because it had a very simple and flexible skill and magic system in the 1980s and the world isn't your typical Euro-Medieval-Tolkien Land.

See thread here: >>44189632
>>
>>44223833
I'm interested (or any superhero rpg in general). Any chance you can spin why I should play this system?
>>
>>44223820
>Neuroshima
>1.5
Not sure which part of your post is worse, OP, but you clearly have shit taste when it comes to game mechanics.
Setting - 8/10, with supplements fucking 9/10
Mechanics - 2/10 and it makes fucking Pathfinder look great by comparison.
>>
File: M&M3e.jpg (229KB, 600x882px) Image search: [Google]
M&M3e.jpg
229KB, 600x882px
>>44226520
I've got 3 reasons, off the top of my head
1) It allows for a very wide variety of powers and as we all know, variety is the spice of life.
2) It's mechanically pretty simple compared to GURPS, but is crunchyer than FATE. It has that balance between simplicity and crunch that really does it. For me at least.
3) It's been out fairly long and has a lot of books to help you with character creation, running the game and giving you tips on how to improve your game or more ideas should you need them.
>>
For medieval shit or fantasy:
Honor + intrigue : its simple with a lot of manouvers in combat and characters are verstile without being bounded to classes.

For scifi: Traveler or Eclipse phase, depending on wich tipe of campaign i want to do.

For multiuniverse snowfleiku shit mutants and masterminds
>>
>>44223820

My own homebrew, haha. Because it's built to the setting.

But if you mean like, published systems, I'm still fond of dungeons and dragons. It's a solid sort of common ground for fantasy settings. Lots of people play it and it's easy to find groups. I know some people won't find "a lot of people play it" as a very convincing point, but I think there's value to getting over that hump where people bitch about the rules and instead just agree to sit down and play.
>>
>>44223820
ty chuju, neuroshima. kurwa, tyle wygrac ;-;
kocham neuroshime
>>
File: uhoh.jpg (376KB, 667x900px) Image search: [Google]
uhoh.jpg
376KB, 667x900px
>>44223820
Savage Worlds, system can handle the pulpy action my players love and allow me to mix things up every now and again.

You have not experienced true joy until your players shoot you a look of horror after they fail a ritual and pull a deuce.
>>
Speaking of RPGs,
I've been looking into the 13th Age but I haven't heard much about it besides "D20 but better?".

Anyone have experience with it?
>>
File: 1361372659609.jpg (251KB, 600x991px) Image search: [Google]
1361372659609.jpg
251KB, 600x991px
>>44223820
>God Tier fluff
>not so godly mechanics

I fucking love NS, but sometimes all the bullshit maths during combats just drives me mad... My group ended up playing it with simplified rules and half-narrative combat and everyone was happy as fuck.

Those were the days...
>>
>>44232559
Polfag, out. You bring shame to our nation.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.