[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Humanity Endures Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 30

File: The Pulse.png (194KB, 1128x1963px) Image search: [Google]
The Pulse.png
194KB, 1128x1963px
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but I was directed here to /tg/ if I wished to read more stories in which humanity endures the odds thrown against them.

It doesn't have to only be humanity as a whole vs aliens, but more localized like planets defeating an entire invasion force, or even a colony of humans just outlasting their would-be overlords.

I was hoping /tg/ had more that they wouldn't mind sharing, either as a screencap, or an archived thread of such stories, or even a pastebin of said works.

I'll go ahead and post the 4 I ran across that got me interested in the first place.
>>
File: WE KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE.png (122KB, 1280x1397px) Image search: [Google]
WE KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE.png
122KB, 1280x1397px
>>44219733
Another one I liked, where the aliens own intention to save themselves only resulted in their demise.
>>
File: We Find You Wanting.png (83KB, 1203x706px) Image search: [Google]
We Find You Wanting.png
83KB, 1203x706px
>>44219755
>>
File: Galactic Bermuda Triangle.png (118KB, 877x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Galactic Bermuda Triangle.png
118KB, 877x1700px
>>44219775
>>
OP, you're a giant faggot.
Fuck off, and hopefully, you will personally finally stop "enduring."
>>
>>44220502
well, this is one way to tell when someone is butthurt about being human.
>>
File: Veil of Madness 2.jpg (709KB, 1222x2535px)
Veil of Madness 2.jpg
709KB, 1222x2535px
>>44219794
Oh hey, I happen to have a sequel and a couple of spin off stories to this one.
>>
File: Veil of Madness 3.png (659KB, 1145x4347px) Image search: [Google]
Veil of Madness 3.png
659KB, 1145x4347px
>>44221254
>>
>>44221265
>>
>>44219733
Pretty damn sneaky of you OP, I approve.
>>
>>44221111
Probably and elf lover.
>>
>>44221254
>>44221265
Pure gold. My thanks.
>>
Look up John ringo, OP. His March to the Stars series is great, as well as his whole posleen invasion series and the one what with the horgath.

If you're okay with him shoe horning his beliefs into his writing then he's pretty much the author for you.
>>
>>44219733
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO HUMANITY MUST ALLWAYS SUCK IN EVERYTHING OR IT'S A HFY THREAD AND WE ALL HATE THOSE! YES EVEN YOU THAT YOU SAY YOU LIKE THEM YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>44222083
Anon this is very obviously not a HFY thread, calm yourself.
>>
>>44221317
>>44222083
>>44222130
It seems I must have crossed a recent? /tg/ taboo. For that I apologize. I'm not a regular here.

>>44221914
Thanks for the recommendation; I'll be sure to check out his works. Kind of related, but would machines made by humans also count for a sort of Humanity Endures/Triumphs? I ask since I'm also reminded of Keith Laumer's Bolos and how they turn an entire situation around.
>>
>>44222211
It's okay anon, just remain quiet and refrain from saying HFY or Humanity, Fuck Yeah.

Lest ye drawe thon ire of sperges upon ye threade.
>>
File: HFY.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
HFY.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>44222130
>>
File: download.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 225x225px
I like hfy...
>>
File: EvenInDeathHumansFuckYourShitUp.gif (605KB, 1777x1174px) Image search: [Google]
EvenInDeathHumansFuckYourShitUp.gif
605KB, 1777x1174px
>>44222304
Then you're obviously a horrible person with no taste and no personality. Sorry anon, but the obligatory sperg who shits up every thread says so.
>>
>>44219733
Startide Rising, by David Brinn.
>>
File: Gatebuilders.jpg (206KB, 1252x602px) Image search: [Google]
Gatebuilders.jpg
206KB, 1252x602px
>>
File: Because it was there.png (600KB, 1000x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Because it was there.png
600KB, 1000x1040px
>>44224158
>>
File: 1444211016911.jpg (134KB, 1024x910px)
1444211016911.jpg
134KB, 1024x910px
Are super robot shows HFY? They are all about one guy doing what must be done to live up to his full life consequences, punching aliums etc

Have content

http://pastebin.com/Z1AymfEL
>>
>>44224219

I would assume so by their very nature of humans piloting giant robots.

I mean, that right there screams FUCK YEAH!
>>
Somebody post the pb&j in squeezable form screencap, I can't seem to find it.
>>
File: 1445529100326.png (75KB, 976x313px) Image search: [Google]
1445529100326.png
75KB, 976x313px
>>44225634
Done.
>>
I don't understand the hate HFY threads always get. I mean, I don't like quest threads or CYOA, but I don't go into them shitting them up and insulting people who like them. Different people have different tastes, just hide the thread.
>>
>>44227296
Go into the archive, and go check out the last several HFY threads. You'll find hundreds of posts from many posters explaining just how retarded HFY is.

The short summary, which you will stupidly try to debate, is that HFY, depending on which faggot is hoping to justify it, tries to address multiple imaginary problems that only exist if you either have absolutely no experience with fiction or are so hopelessly stupid that you perceive an imbalance in disfavor of humans in some way.

And, because of the inherent stupidity in your little project, your stories wind up following a simple set of guidelines that churn out nothing but the same poorly written shit that you've been reposting over and over again, mindlessly.

But, don't let me be the one to explain it all to you. The last few of these threads were more akin to firebombed cities than celebratory citadels.

HFY is an embarrassment, and no matter how much you try to justify it, to pray that people will stop hating it, to hope that it will ever improve, it will remain the same awful and purposeless shit that is probably one of the most pathetic methods of masturbation ever conceived.
>>
>>44227386
>this post is in part or whole a copy pasta
Kek, kill yourself you fucking cuck.
>>
>>44227433
>Hey, you're not allowed to just repost the same shit over and over again!

Why? You do it.
>>
>>44227386
It's fun to read. It might not be realistic or sensible, but you're on a board designed to host fantasy-entrenched neckbeard faggots. Sensible went out the window when you clicked "Reply".
>>
>>44227506
The difference is that the stories are enjoyable, while your whining is not.

>but HFY is terrible! You can't enjoy it!
You're right, it probably is total ubredeemable shit. I could not give less of a fuck.
>>
>>44227528
>It's fun to read.

But it's not traditional games.
And, you can read this shit in the archive.
And, arguing that we can't be sensible is just you outing yourself as someone who is actively trying to lower the quality of posting.

I shouldn't have to remind you, but the quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

You can't treat the entire site like /b/ or the other shitposting boards, especially if the only reason you're doing it is because of some outdated grandfather clause.
>>
>>44227590
>more copy pasta
Reading shut in the archive isn't the same ad having a thread now innit?

>But it's not traditional games
Literally no one but you, you who has taken upon yourself this needlessly autistic quest, cares.
>>
>>44227626
You seem to hope to pretend that more people like HFY than hate it or ignore it.

What you need to realize is that you can really just post this stuff in /b/, rather than just making this same awful threads on a slower board where you just bump it for days at a time with the same screencaps that only you ever bother to read.

Your highly specialized and terrible fiction spam is not only an eyesore, it also breeds stupid ideas and attitudes that make any mention of humanity in a thread a risky endeavor, considering it might incite you to start your pseudo-bigotry just for the sake of promoting your dumb writing prompt.

If your only argument is that you think it's fun and that you don't think you're bothering anyone, then have fun and don't bother people in /b/, the appropriate board for spamming.
>>
>>44227677
Nobody cares, anon.
>>
>>44227700
Then post in /b/. Solves all problems neatly.
>>
>>44227711
Nah.
>>
>>44227677
that's a very roundabout way of saying 'my liberal college education means that I find any positive representation of what I perceive as "us" to be offensive'.

Let's face it, the people who don't like HFY are simply people who have been taught that self-denigration is a mark of sophistication, and are made uncomfortable by people who are able to feel positively about their group without any guilt-complex. In a way it's very much like puritanical attitudes towards sex. They want sex, but they have been taught that denial of sex is virtuous, thus they lash out at people who are capable of enjoying sex without shame. Likewise a lot of people these days are dealing (poorly) with repressed jingoistic impulses.
>>
>>44228010
>trying to be smart but failing utterly

Ha, what a fag.
You need to actually be smart in order to say smart things, otherwise you end up doing what you just did, which is just senselessly hoping to convince people through erecting strawmen and hoping to play for emotions, all while trying to use ideas and concepts you clearly don't understand.

Let's face it? I think what you need to face is that most people just don't need to take pride in the lowest common denominator among our species (our species), nor do they need to triumph over imaginary enemies designed specifically so that they could be triumphed over.

HFY is for sad folk with nothing they can take pride in aside from their humanity.

Or, at the very least, they certainly can't take pride in their writing ability.
>>
File: Carl Jung.jpg (636KB, 1412x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Carl Jung.jpg
636KB, 1412x2000px
>>44228010
Your psychoanalysis is as garbage as your taste in fiction. It's likely that you enjoy HFY because your sole achievement in life is being born a human being.
>>
>>44228111
>You need to actually be smart in order to say smart things, otherwise you end up doing what you just did, which is just senselessly hoping to convince people through erecting strawmen and hoping to play for emotions
>erecting strawmen
>play for emotions

Reading your post is like injecting liquid irony into my veins.
>>
>>44228010
You're a funny guy, anon.
I'd like to have you around the house.
>>
>>44228111
>>44228169
>HFY is for sad folk with nothing they can take pride in aside from their humanity.
>It's likely that you enjoy HFY because your sole achievement in life is being born a human being.
Hivemind. Literally - you two clearly aren't capable of thinking for yourselves.

Repeating, almost verbatim, what you've been taught to believe about nationalists isn't going to get you anywhere.
>>
>>44228271
>You aren't capable of thinking for yourselves
>Uncritical support of the government you were born under is a great idea
You are like a unicorn of mental disabilities
>>
>>44228271
You know, when different people come to the same conclusion based on the evidence provided and their conclusions are logically sound, that's not so much a hivemind as it is "not being an idiot."

You should try it one day.
>>
>>44228378
>>Uncritical support
>Complains about strawmen

>>44228379
>You know, when different people come to the same conclusion based on the evidence provided and their conclusions are logically sound, that's not so much a hivemind as it is "not being an idiot."

Hearing some self-proclaimed intellectual chucklehead say it to you and you repeating it is not reaching a conclusion, anon.
>>
>>44228378
>>44228379
>literally posted within 5 seconds of each other
>not a hivemind
>>
>>44228378
>Uncritical support of the government you were born under is a great idea
at no point did anyone mention anything about governments, or uncritical support for anything.

It's like you have a script you have to run through. And you don't actually understand the meaning, you just read through it whenever you encounter someone saying anything vaguely right-wing (by your standards).

>>44228379
>and their conclusions are logically sound
see, here's the flaw in your argument.
>>
File: kUq1x6P.jpg (279KB, 1003x900px)
kUq1x6P.jpg
279KB, 1003x900px
While you douche-faggots argue over who's the biggest dick, I'mma post some more HFY.

Different flavor this time, even
>>
>>44219733
I recommend you go here OP, for when the thread eventually dies. This guy has an ongoing series of albums that's 33 parts deep right now https://imgur.com/gallery/w3nA4
>>
>All these fags getting mad about HFY

Why not just, you know, look at other threads? Or another board even? Or find something better to do?

>inb4 if i can't like it nobody can
>>
File: 1442460496688.jpg (30KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
1442460496688.jpg
30KB, 514x536px
This has to be the most fag ridden thread I have ever seen
>>
>>44230267
It's partially the whole problem with HFY being a cancerous idea that leads to twisted and convoluted posts about humans in other threads.

If it was just the occasional spammed thread that kept to itself, that might not be too much of an issue (though it's certainly an annoyance that sets a bad precedent for off-topic spam), but /tg/ isn't a collection of little individual chatrooms, but a larger community.

HFY is dumb. It's a terrible idea that's long since outlived any value it might have had as a joke, and now the only joke left is that there are still people who so desperately want other people to see the trash they wrote.

You have an uphill battle to justify why these don't belong in /b/, with the only ammo you have left being that moderators in the past didn't stamp this out when they should have.
>>
>>44230801
I'm yet to see HFY post outside of the HFY threads.
>>
>>44230871
You probably don't want to reveal you haven't been on /tg/ for longer than a week. Kind of takes the wind out of your sails.
>>
>>44230906
>You are a newfag, you now not of what is cancer.
I have been here at the time Generals were called the cancer killing/tg/. Yeah, Tell me more about howw bad is HFY
>>
File: 131414268654.png (58KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
131414268654.png
58KB, 350x350px
>>
File: Pity the Guardsman.png (306KB, 1258x678px) Image search: [Google]
Pity the Guardsman.png
306KB, 1258x678px
Whatever it is, I'm prepared to put wave after wave of men at your disposal.
>>
>>44230997
This
>>
Oh boy, another HFY thread.
>We breathe rocket fuel! Never mind that the main elements in our bodies are among the most common in the universe, we're special, and we have the proportional strength of rockets!
>Earth is a death world and it's a miracle we can thrive here, as opposed to exoplanets discovered in real life that have twice as much gravity, half as much sunlight, and constant hurricanes!
>There's a tiny isolated stone-age tribe in Ungabungaland that still practices endurance hunting! That's a game-changing ability to have in space where the furthest you'll ever have to run is the length of your ship!
>We've discovered so much science in only a couple thousand years, surely this is extraordinary compared to the imaginary enemies we made up to be worse than us!
>We alone possess the concepts of "never give up" and "think outside the box", because all aliens are lazy retards who don't understand their own technology and never had a real war against each other!
>It's impossible for a human to surrender under any circumstances, that's why all colonial wars in our history ended in extinction rather than merging of populations!
>Reverse engineering is like Final Fantasy blue magic, where simply being hit by an alien gun allows you to mass-produce it by the end of the day!
>Who needs superior firepower, mobility, recon and logistics when you have some abstract undefinable human-ness that overcomes all odds through sheer author bias?
>Genocide for the sake of genocide is something to be celebrated! PURGE ALL XENOS FOR THE EMPRAH WHO DOESN'T EXIST IN THIS SETTING!!
>Unless we're a benevolent empire spreading freedom and prosperity to all, minimizing civilian deaths and helping conquered cities rebuild, which is an inherently human thing and not just the United States for the last 50 years tops!

This is my first post in this thread.
>>
>>44232078
I didn't know you could make pasta out of straw.
>>
>>44232078
And yet your post does not work to describe even partially any other in the thread. Good job.
>>
>>44227296
HFY started out as a backlash against superior better-than-you Mary Sue alien races that sometimes show up in sci-fi. Basically Mary Sue Elves, but in space. So people started writing stories where humans weren't the best thing in space but still had a valuable niche where they were the best.

Then people missed the point and decided to make all the stories about why that makes HUMANS THE BEST SPECIES IN SPACE FUCK YEAH, SUCK MY DICK IMAGINARY SPACE ALIENS and turned humans into the very sort Mary Sue species that HFY started out specifically because we were sick of seeing.
>>
>>44230801
>leads to twisted and convoluted posts about humans in other threads.
I've literally never seen this occur, and I've been on /tg/ since before HFY was even a thing.
>>
>>44232078
>Who needs superior firepower, mobility, recon and logistics when you have some abstract undefinable human-ness that overcomes all odds through sheer author bias?
Gene Roddenberry, is that you?
>>
>>44232690
who cares about facts, im a leftist
>>
look, just go to /m/

seriously

/m/ has movies about one ship crossing the stars to save earth, alien races shattered by human music, two girls travelling millennia to come home to a planet that never forgot.

that's surely the epitome of tenacity, heroism and influence

Are Macross, Yamato and Gunbuster cancer?
>>
File: STOP_and_listen.jpg (10KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
STOP_and_listen.jpg
10KB, 267x200px
>>44230801
Okay, I have no dog in this race, but here is where I draw the line in the faggotry.
This post responds to a post comprised entirely of questions and fails to answer a single one.

>You have an uphill battle to justify why...
No sir.
YOU have an uphill battle to justify why you cannot just look at other threads, another board, or find something better to do than this.
Why must you shit up threads you don't like?
I don't like most of the threads going on /tg/ right now.
I don't go into them and post about it.
I read and post in the few that interest me and ignore the others.
If I feel like posting on /tg/ and there are absolutely no threads I like, I generate some content and make one.
If you don't like HFY, write something up that is a positive example showing anons how you think it should be done.
Nothing good was ever accomplished by flinging shit around.
>>
File: 1450154163357.gif (341KB, 375x266px) Image search: [Google]
1450154163357.gif
341KB, 375x266px
>>44233230
>>
>>44233230
>Okay, I have no dog in this race,
Cute, except that you reek of HFY fag.

How do you reek? Well, for one thing, you seem confused.

Do you have to like every thread on /tg/? No, certainly not. Can you like threads that are not on /tg/? Of course, it's not like other boards are bad.

But, the threads that are on /tg/ should be the one's the belong on /tg/. The threads that don't should not be here.

Welcome to you avoiding the central topic, in order for you to go on your little rant.

HFY isn't traditional games. Has about as much to do with it as a Potato Appreciation thread. Can /tg/ have a potato appreciation thread? Certainly! It might even get away with two or three. But, at the point where people just remaking the same old threads, and reposting the same old potato recipes, telling the same potato stories only with perhaps mild alterations, and then going into other threads and saying "Hey, potatoes are the best! Fuck all other crops!", it starts to make you wonder why these people are stuck with that obsession, but more importantly why they think potatoes are traditional games.

What makes HFY different from Potatoes Are Great, aside from that PAG not being a dried up writing prompt set to address an imaginary problem that leads people to act like Bubba from the South but without any of the appreciative irony?

If you like HFY, that's nice. You're stupid, but that's nice. But, no matter how much you like it, it doesn't start becoming traditional games just because you say "I can use it for inspiration in my games."

Fuck, you can use potatoes as inspiration. Potatoes still aren't traditional games.

You seem to think the problem is that people just think HFY is shitty. True, it's horrible, but, at the same time, it's both horrible and not traditional games. So why is it here, beyond that you guys can't find a home for your awful stories?

Also, as a side note, I've already got five threads running. I can't make anymore to "show how it's done."
>>
>>44236115
>So why is it here, beyond that you guys can't find a home for your awful stories?
To spite you personally.

>I have like 5 threads up right now
I'm betting they're all edgy 2deep4u animu quests.
>>
>>44236115
>So why is it here, beyond that you guys can't find a home for your awful stories
Because I personally enjoy drinking your tears.
>>
>>44236438
If your argument is "I do it only to troll," I guess that makes it clear that HFY has no merit on this board and is better off elsewhere. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
File: autism.gif (512KB, 480x270px)
autism.gif
512KB, 480x270px
>>44220502
>>
>>44236556
No, it just means you're a massive cock gargling autist.
>>
I legitimately like HFY because I'm a failure, and all I have is that I'm human.
Can't you just let me rot in my dumb thread?
>>
>>44236589
Whoa, way to be hip and cool with all those neat words, yo. F'real.
>>
>>44236653
Why not rot in /b/? You'll fit in quite well there.

To pre-empt your inane response, it's a rhetorical question. We already know you have no argument aside from "but i don't want to" or "muh legacy."
>>
>>44236653
Nice false flag friendof :^)

>>44236660
Go fuck yourself cactus.
>>
>>44236700
Thank you.
>>
I love how the last like dozen posts in this otherwise dead thread are like two guys arguing over what amounts to who is the bigger shitposter. I feel like there is some irony in there somewhere.
>>
File: disgusted kitten.png (661KB, 804x451px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted kitten.png
661KB, 804x451px
>>44230958
>that fake as fuck heriticus seal
>the content of that seal

get the fuck out of this board
>>
>>44236115
Hi.
/lit/ here.
We formally wish to bequeath Humanity Fuck Yeah threads to /tg/ as part of our 4chan community outreach / spread the rage campaign.

If this aggravates or annoys any of your posters, or makes their autism flare, i have a prepared statement.

*ahem*

"Fuck you."

This concludes our prepared statement to any experiencing anal flustering. In summary: HFY is yours, and fuck that guy.
>>
HFY is "we wuz kings" for nerds
>>
>>44237282
We bequeath it to /b/. Sharing is caring, after all.
>>
>>44237350
/b/ here.
Nigger fuck you and your couch.
No regifiting. We already have shit threads about shit.
Shitfucking ass mangler can't handle the /b/ no how.
>>
File: AILovesHumanity.png (153KB, 600x1417px) Image search: [Google]
AILovesHumanity.png
153KB, 600x1417px
/co/ was love, once... have a good HFY from a shit comic.
>>
File: Lit is a top tier board.jpg (2MB, 756x9800px) Image search: [Google]
Lit is a top tier board.jpg
2MB, 756x9800px
>>44237282
>>
>>44237403
>thinks /b/ can speak
>>
>>44237503
I'm sorry, i should have written an incomprehensible stream of memes, racisim, gore, and /cp/. I failed as a board impersonator.
>>
File: 1351121442172.jpg (183KB, 1370x679px) Image search: [Google]
1351121442172.jpg
183KB, 1370x679px
>>
>>44219733

I did a whole worldbook with this premise...

http://emlia.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=VeryDifferentPlaces
>>
>>44237859
That's pretty fucking inspiring
>>
>>44237966
Died age 32.
>>
>>44238054
and?
>>
>>44238126
Not exactly an enduring human.
>>
>>44238173
He was born. He gained many accomplishments and did many things. He died, as we all will some day. Perhaps one day we will learn to slip loose from the claws of mortality that rend us low. Until then Bruce Lee has done what the best of us can only hope to accomplish: He is remembered.
>>
>>44238240
Bruce Lee was a cool dude.
What you need to remember is that dick-riding a dude doesn't make you cool.

Holy fuck, you sound like such a faggot, and you type like a queer.
>"Perhaps one day we will learn to slip loose from the claws of mortality that rend us low."

Bet you're proud of that one, eh? Hyoo hyoo, what a wordsmith.
>>
>>44237907
>>44223434
>>44229117
Thanks for the recommendations. Will be checking them out as well.

Again, apologies for tripping some sort of /tg/ taboo.
>>
>>44238280
>1. BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER.

It's okay Anon. I'm sure you had a bad day, or week, or maybe life in general just hasn't been great. Just remember that you too endure. Maybe you will never accomplish what the rich or famous attain and maybe when you pass no one will care. That doesn't mean you won't endure. As cliché as it is, every single choice, word, and action you produce in your time on this world has far reaching and unpredictable impacts that change the tomorrow that could have been into the tomorrow that will be. So no matter what may be going on in your life, remember that you too are important.

Humanity.
Fuck yeah.

>2. PARTY ON, DUDES. (AND DUDETTES)
>>
>>44238359
>apologies for posting off-topic shit

It's says traditional games on the tin, you moron. It's not a taboo you broke, but the basic rule of "don't post off-topic shit".

>but I was directed here
Doesn't excuse your lack of common sense.
>>
>>44238421
>be excellent

That don't mean to be a fag enabler.

You? You need to be criticized because you type like a fag. Be excellent to you is telling you "Hey, quit typing like an HFY writer."

Saddest sack of hacks this side of MLP fanfics.
>>
>>44238423

Everything is /tg/ relevant, when it can be used to inspire games.

GTFO, newfag.
>>
File: youaresofuckingmad.jpg (412KB, 904x1129px) Image search: [Google]
youaresofuckingmad.jpg
412KB, 904x1129px
>>44238280
>>
>>44238468
>/tg/ is my personal /b/! Rules don't apply to me!

Get a load of this faggot.
>>
>>44238359
You didn't. The people freaking out over it either can't handle the fact that they're not the mods and can't ban things they don't like or are simple shit-posters/trolls. Either way, you're good.
>>
>>44238473
>Look how mad I am!

Sounds like people hating on purple prose really gets to HFY fags, the lavender queers they are.
>>
>>44238467
>>44238468
>>44238489
>Asshole and Fag Enablers: The Game! >12.17.15 Edition
>HFY! Expansion
>>
I really have to wonder what can cause so much HFY hate. HFY itself is easy to understand - it's feel-good escapist fantasy as a refutation of the Tumblr/SJW/Democratic narrative that you should be ashamed of yourself forever for everything.
>>
>>44238933
Dude, can't you read? The whole thing was already explained earlier in this thread.

Wait, you're actually just a stupid HFY guy hoping to brush aside all the condemnations and get in a last word that just paints you as a guy terrified that his obsession is unraveling.

Let it go, man. HFY has been a corpse for years. Bury it while people can still have some fond memories of it, instead of reminding them of the trainwreck your writing prompt turned into.
>>
>>44239050
How fucking big of a shit lord can you be to sit in a thread you don't like bitching about the subject. Again, if you don't like it move on it's not a difficult concept. I get you don't think it's /tg/ but there is literally one HFY thread up, it's not like it's being spammed across the catalog although if you keep shitting up this thread I will start spamming it, you want to paint it as cancer and I'll make it cancer.
>>
>>44238933
Hey fuck you, I'm a liberal and I like HFY and think SJWs are dumb cunts.

>>44239050
Stop being such a whiny bitch.
>>
>>44238933
>>44239168
>>44238473
Ya'll know what happens when you respond negatively to trolls feeding on negativity? They get bigger and bigger until they destroy the thread. Don't believe me? Read this thread. Congrats. Ya'll a bunch of dumb shits and I'm judging you.
>>
>>44239168
>if you keep shitting up this thread I will start spamming it, you want to paint it as cancer and I'll make it cancer.

Want some realtalk? That's literally the best thing you could do to help kill this thing. If I were a real villain, I would actually do that myself, just to hasten these death throes. Be glad I'm just relying on simple sense.

Also, you kind of have to see things from my perspective. You think I am shitting up this thread. I'm providing you with my honest opinion about your shit. Just because you make this thread doesn't mean you are immune to people criticizing it, especially when it's off-topic, low-quality, and has been spammed for literally years. It really doesn't belong on this board, despite your insistence and brilliant counter-arguments of "just ignore us, please, please, please."

Want to be ignored? Don't post shitty eye-roll-inducing off-topic crap, or at least just post that stuff in /b/.
>>
>>44219733
AKA humie "The marry stu race" fanfiction.
>>
File: HFYQuestionMark.png (218KB, 1169x1254px) Image search: [Google]
HFYQuestionMark.png
218KB, 1169x1254px
>>44237443
Well shit. I've never been to /lit/ but I am headed there now.

Also, OP, are you for real? Yes, posting HFY, is banging the gong for shitposters. The crazy thing is somebody always responds to all these dumb arguments.

What I'm saying is, can I get a writefag in here?
>>
If the issue here is writing prompts aren't game related (which is fair), why do the Wednesday writing threads (which seem equally, if not more, frequent), the Worldbuilding threads and the seasonal NaNo threads not get proportional criticism?
>>
I didn't see it here but does anyone have the story about humanity, war, and spite? I haven't been able to find it and it's one of the best "humanity fuck yea!!" storie's I've read
>>
>>44227677
>more people like HFY than hate it
Yes

>or ignore it
No.
People that ignore HFY vastly outnumber both haters and lovers.
But they are adult people and have mental capacity to leave it be.
>>
File: pacific-rim-concept-art.jpg (73KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
pacific-rim-concept-art.jpg
73KB, 620x375px
HFY: The Movie

>To fight monsters, we created monsters of our own.

>There are things you can't fight - acts of God. You see a hurricane coming, you get out of the way. But when you're in a Jaeger, suddenly you can finally fight the hurricane. You can win.

>We can either sit here and wait, or take these flare guns and do something really stupid!

>We are cancelling the Apocalypse!
>>
>>44242800
It's good HFY because it uses a credible threat, poses humanity as the underdogs, and relies on a positive interpretation of the human spirit. See also: Berserk.

What it does not do is posit an arbitrarily weak enemy for humanity then let humanity beat that enemy because all humans can run farther or some shit.
>>
>>44242871
>Berserk
>HFY

You're retarded. Guts needs to rely on an elf and spirit magic, humans are portrayed as weak and evil, and the non-humans tend to be the most sane creatures in the setting.

It's less "Humanity Fuck Yeah" and more "These outlier Humans Fuck Yeah, the rest of Humanity is fucking awful."

Seriously, stop trying to slap HFY onto things when it's clear you're entire thought process is "It's got human protagonists and non-human enemies, that must be HFY."
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.