[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /tg/, I'm new. Please explain the d100 system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: D100.jpg (10KB, 307x185px) Image search: [Google]
D100.jpg
10KB, 307x185px
hey /tg/, I'm new. Please explain the d100 system
>>
>>44192170

For questing or just in general, or what?
>>
>>44192187
Well, people keep talking about the d6 system, so I was curious about how the d100 system
>>
File: BRP quickstart.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
BRP quickstart.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>44192170
read this
>>
>>44192222
Oh. Well, I wasn't really looking to read anything; I was hoping you could just tell me.
>>
Hrm. The DX system is sort of an outgrowth of D20 open game license thing that happened with DnD3/3.5/pathfinder. It wasn't the only game to use d20, and not all games that use d20 do so in the same manner, but they saturated the market and the name stuck.

D100 systems will basically have a percentage as target number that you either have to roll over (adding modifiers etc.) or roll under (subtracting modifiers). There's probably other ways, but those are the most obvious.
>>
>>44192292
It seems somehow ...superior.
>>
>>44192332

The d20 open game license thing mostly sucks, so its not hard to be better, its just the one everyone knows because of DnD. That being said it mostly depends on what sort of game play you want, and how much you want Gaming to be part of what you're up to. D100 % based allows for more granular stuff if you're interested in the difference between different types of pistols being expressed in 1-5%. Its not a thing I care about too much most of the time though.
>>
File: confused-dog.jpg (13KB, 261x349px) Image search: [Google]
confused-dog.jpg
13KB, 261x349px
>>44192247
Wait, how are you going to learn from our posts then?

Is it a waste of time even asking these questions?
>>
>>44192438

>difference between different types...

mans I need to go to bed
>>
>>44192462
Good question
>>
>>44192170
Dont worry OP, I understand not wanting to read big books for little information. Here's the main difference. The d6 system uses a 6 sided die where as the d100 system uses two 10 sided dice called percentiles. Hope this helps!
>>
well atleast in dark heresy they use a d100

you got your charasteristics like perception 40, agility 32, intelligence 29, and so on randomly generated for each character.

when asking to make a roll to test something you roll 1d100

for example if you are rolling to solve a puzzle, you roll intelligence which is lets say, 35.

you roll d100 and get 64, you fail because the number didnt fall under 35.

you succeed if you roll 35 or below and fail if you roll 36 and above

the bigger the diffrence of the dice roll and your stat when you succeed is how well you succeeded
for example if you roll d100 and get 10, you succeed much better than if you would have rolled 30

the bigger the difference of the dice roll and your stat when you dont succeed is how well you fucked up
for example you roll d100 and get 60, you failed much harder than if you would have rolled 40

not sure how other games do this system
>>
>>44192247
>Oh. Well, I wasn't really looking to read anything; I was hoping you could just tell me.
What a lazy douchebag
>>
>>44192247
rtfm
>>
Don't you dare help the lazy bastard any further.
>>
>>44192656
>randomly generated stats
Stopped reading. What is this, the 70's?
>>
No one fell for your shit the first time OP.

>>44186612
>>
>>44192540
thanks ^_^
>>
>>44193216
I don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>44192170
>I'm new
It shows, faggot.
>>
>>44192170
The only d100 systems I've seen have stats from 1 to 100 for things like attributes and skills and what not. When you make a skill check you roll 2d10 (using one die as 10s digit and the other as ones digit) and verify if the result is lower than your associated statistic. If it is then you succeed if it isn't you fail.

This is different than most systems in that you want to roll low as opposed to high.

The percentile dice are pretty easy to read once you realize the the trick isn't hard. A 10 in the tens digit die is a 0 (so 10, 9 gives you a result of 09) and a ten in the ones digit die is a 0 (so 7, 10 gives a result of 70). Rolling 10, 10 gives you a 100.
>>
>>44193296
It's the same guy. I've seen a "d100 system" guy posting around in about eight threads. Anyone reading this: There is no d100 system. There are a number of systems that use d100s. That's about it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.