[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mont'ka nerd rage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 48

File: image.jpg (150KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 600x800px
So, if I understand things correctly; people are angry that the Tau won a campaign at some planet no one cares about and people are angry that the Imperium lost the campaign.

Why does this piss people off?

The Imperium loses all sorts of war campaigns all the time. Sometimes they don't even make it in time to the campaign and it's already over when they get there.

I don't see the problem.
>>
>>44173171

It's the rough equivalent of North Korea invading and capturing both South Korea AND Japan...while there was an active US military force present, and without Chinese support.
>>
File: 1442342830015.gif (939KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1442342830015.gif
939KB, 500x281px
>>
>>44173171
Because Tau shouldn't ever win.
>>
>>44173286
So? Stupid things happens all the time in 40k.

The Imperium isn't exactly winning at a large scale.
>>
Yea that is what I gathered. It also
appeared Tau's victories were won using Mary Sue power.
>>
>>44173286
>active US military force present,

Do you have proofs that there was an active Imperial presence in the region? The lore says that the Tau knew the Imperial were lessening their in the region because of the incoming Black Crusade. That's why they launched the invasion and why they were so successful in capturing many Imperial worlds (which were relatively undefended) before the Imperium could respond.
>>
>>44173842

Nobody cares that the Tau can win a battle or two.

People care when the Tau aren't wiped out because of authorial fiat.

Oh, and the Tau players being fucking god-awfully smug about stupid shit.
>>
>>44173842
You are correct stupid things happen all the time. All that means though is that Mont campaig was equally tarded and shitty.
>>
File: heresy two bolters.jpg (293KB, 700x662px) Image search: [Google]
heresy two bolters.jpg
293KB, 700x662px
Post yfw

>40k end times happens and IoM decides to wage total war against Tau
>>
>>44173895
This. On top of that the imperium could have easily completely overrun the tau with their expansive fleet and military force... if they weren't preparing for the black crusade where the war REALLY matters for terra.
>>
>>44173895
>before the Imperium could respond.

The Imperium's response would have been the complete destruction of the Tau Empire as a stellar body.

Seriously, the Imperium is ALL ABOUT two things, Holding the Line, and putting small shit down before it becomes another line they have to hold, neither of these has happened because GRORIOUS NORTH KOREA AUTHORIAL JOY JOY.
>>
File: 1424966729256.png (74KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1424966729256.png
74KB, 499x499px
>>44173171

.You can't beat 100%

Like we Tau made the Imperium 100% mad enough to nuke the whole system with Plasma
>>
>>44173935
>Tau wins because they are for some reason backed by Eldars and Necrons
>they have subjugated the Orks to become shocktroops
>in the grim darkness of the future there is only the greater good
>>
>>44173171
What's this? Some fresh fluff? From where?

It's just that this rock I live under is really comfy.
>>
>>44173989
GW threw Tau fans a bone in a campaign book and Imperium fags acts like it's a betrayal from GW.
>>
>>44173171
>Why does this piss people off?
bad writing, worse artwork

The imperium losing, the imperium making bad decisions, these are not really problems. Taros was awesome, after all. Mont'ka (and Kauyon) are hated because they're just dumb.
>>
>>44174027
>a campaign book
Kek like I give a fuck
>>
>>44174058
Exactly.

It doesn't matter, but people are still angry.
>>
>>44174027

People are slightly irritated that the Tau basically went full Matt Ward and flawless victoried vastly superior numbers of Imperial forces including the White Scars and Raven Guard.

Also, Shadowsun killed the Raven Guard Chapter Master in personal combat.
>>
File: wut.jpg (174KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
174KB, 600x800px
>>44174178
>Shadowsun killed the Raven Guard Chapter Master in personal combat.
>>
>>44174178
Did anyone actually care about this chapter master? It's not like they killed Dante or Logan.
>>
Guess what imperialfags, the tau won, but they are still stuck in their own tiny corner of the galaxy having absolutely no effect on the grander scheme of things. This was a pinprick in the imperium at best.

So don't get in a hissy when the tau take a single planet.
>>
>>44173967
>No proofs
>headcanon

Try harder. We have actual fluff here Try digging.
>>
>>44174241

>Tau
>Having actual fluff
>Not just lies.
>>
>>44174210

I care that it's a Chapter Master getting soloed by a fishwoman in a duel.

If he'd been nailed by a Railgun from half a mile out, sure. Killed by a Riptide reactor going critical? Bad ass.

Losing in a duel to literally the worst CC race is not how Chapter Masters die. Hell, if it had to be a duel, Farsight should have done it at least.
>>
>>44174210
Fact that it's the chapter master of any marine chapter should make you badass enough to fight a fucking tau lady in melee.
>>
>>44174213

I'd rather them take three times as many planets, as long as they actually had to struggle a bit to get them.

The Tau were never not 18 steps ahead of the Imperials for the whole campaign, which is just boring and Mary Sue.
>>
>>44174299

Space Pope got killed by an Eversor Assasin if it makes you feel better
>>
>>44174343

Cept the part were Farsight had to come in and save their asses
>>
>>44174353

Only if everything in a kilometer around him died too.
>>
>>44174353
culexus

the eversor tried to take on the sue brigade solo, but only killed no-names and the one expendable named character
>>
>>44174353

Which is the literal job of an Assassin.

Honor duels against humanities finest class of warrior is not a stealth commander's job.
>>
>>44174371

I haven't read it, but what the fuck?

Farsight fucking hates the Tau Empire, how did this happen?
>>
>>44174281
>Imperial have presence there Huuur
>No proofs

Imperial wankers.
>>
>>44174405
Didn't you get the memo? farsight is now a champion of perfect democracy, harmony between all alien races and no longer Tau Hitler.
>>
>>44174438

>Imperial Planet
>On the border of a hostile xeno race
>Not having an Imperial presence.

Well, it IS a British company.
>>
>>44174463
Did you get the memo that he is destined to be transformed into a monster?

The prophecy says that this will take place after a massive war with the Imperium. Now the war has (somewhat) ended, It's time for the Mont'shaar.
>>
>>44174405
He doesn't hate the empire. He may be saddened and even angered about the ethereals control, but he doesn't hate his own kind. He came to the rescue because he saw fellow tau under duress, and his loyalty to his race outweighs his anger of the ethereals.

Shadowsun hates Farsight more than he hates her.
>>
File: 1448713831482.png (6MB, 3072x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1448713831482.png
6MB, 3072x1440px
Imperialfags Zealots are the worse. Don't they realise that their hands are fucking tied? The Imperium of Man has been slowly bleeding for at least 4,000 years. You are self-destructing yourself and crumbling on all fronts with too many enemies (Necrons, Orks, Chaos, Tyranids), incompetent leaders, rotten infrastructure and blindfolded by thousands of years of forgotten history and twisted believes.

In the very first page of Mont'ka, it is said that this time the retribution force didn't include any Titans because the Imperium is running out of resources and are needed elsewhere when a couple of centuries ago you didn't have a problem getting them vs the Tau.

The Imperium of man is a moribund man, both senile and blind, sitting on top of a dead corpse of a civilization that was much enlightened and advanced than they will or ever have been.
>>
>>44174178

sounds like a great story to me, about time the imperium got knocked down a peg.
>>
>>44174486
Was explained in the fluff why they don't. Are you retarded?
>>
>>44174549
Actually, Farsight loves her. He remembers her embrace fondly.
>>
File: BabyRage.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
BabyRage.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>>44174620

No! We has titans and shit...

IM TELLING EMPRA
>>
>>44174100
I didn't knew anyone even still reads this shit.

>>44174178
>including the White Scars and Raven Guard
They are shit anyway, so whatevs.

>Shadowsun killed the Raven Guard Chapter Master in personal combat
Waitwaitwait WAT?! Shrike is DEADED NOW?! FOR REALZIES?!

>>44174620
>self-destructing yourself and crumbling on all fronts with too many enemies (Necrons, Orks, Chaos, Tyranids), incompetent leaders, rotten infrastructure and blindfolded by thousands of years of forgotten history and twisted believes
So basically - humanity is pretty much in the same situation it always was? Good. We have the home field advantage.
>>
>>44174748

No, I just refuse to believe that even the Imperium is that retarded.
>>
>NNNUUU TAU ARE IRRELEVANT WHY ARE THEY EVEN IN 40K
>"fuck it, fine, here's a piece of lore where tau aren't irrelevant"
>NNNUUU WHY MY FAVORITE FACTION IS HURT TAU SHOULD BE IRRELEVANT
>>
>>44174825

The Imperium of Man used to be much more competent in the far past. Now it is nothing but a shadow of it former self.
>>
File: 1450029961213.jpg (32KB, 750x749px) Image search: [Google]
1450029961213.jpg
32KB, 750x749px
The baiting in this thread is strong. Is this an Alpha Legion, Tzeentch, Creed or Shadowsun's Kauyon ploy?
>>
>>44174825

The Macharian Crusade was the Imperium's last hurrah, and even that wasn't against a powerful enemy but wilderness space. Ever since then Imperium has been losing and crumbling on all fronts, an entire segmentum has gone dark mere months before the "present" (end of 999.M41).
>>
>>44174825
Shrike is a Captain, yo. He good.
>>
>>44174784
So tsun-tsun!

>>44174826
I'm a raging Imperial zealot and I have no trouble believing that. Not every planet bordering Tau Empire has to be a Fortress World - just dedicated fortresses are enough, with the rest of the planets acting like buffer-states. It's impossible to build an unbroken chain of fortress worlds around the Tau anyway.

Hell, as much as I remember and believe, borderline worlds are pretty much half-tau half-human in population and culture.
>b-but muh purge the Xeno!
That's the Official Line of The Party. Something proclaimed from the high balconies, and something easily eroded as we go light-years further away from those. Profits from semi-legal interracial trade can easily cover any amount of bribery needed to achieve said semi-legal status, and even the Inquisition profits from having some little observable zoos of xeno culture.
>>
>>44174986

He's the Chapter Master now. Next they need to kill Pugh and whatever nonames are leading White Scars and Salamanders and make Lysander, Kor'sarro and He'stan chapter masters since they aren't going to flesh the CM's out.
>>
>>44173171

Mon-keighs being Mon-keighs.
>>
>>44175035
I don't think Hestan can be a chapter master since it's his job to artifact hunt. Can't lead a campaign and fuck off for artifacts simultaneously.
>>
>>44174826
The Tau Empire is on the fringe of Imperial space. The east ass end of it.

The fluff clearly states that due to the great threats (Tyranids, Necrons, Orks, and 13th Black Crusade) the Imperium drained the region of near all its military manpower and assets. The Tau, being smart, picked up on this and attacked the relativity undefended and poorly defended worlds.

The Imperium seeing the Tau have taken a bunch of worlds responded. The Tau, again being smart little buggers, knew this would happen so they adapted their strategies to create tactical traps for the incoming Imperial forces. If they bleed and damage the Imperial response so much that Imperials will be forced to leave because they have to time or resources to waste while doomsday is a brewing. This would seal the deal for eastern fringes because the Imperium wouldn't be able to send a response force for a long ass time.

Tl;dr read the fluff

>>44174825
>So basically - humanity is pretty much in the same situation it always was? Good. We have the home field advantage.

Much worse.

For example, the Golden Throne is crumbling and with it entire regions of space are left in the dark including the Segmentum Cadia is in.
>>
>>44173286

Except in this case the Russian and Chinese nukes area already flying, the Chinese are invading the US mainland and Paris is about to fall to the Russians.
>>
The Age of Apostasy and the self-destructive Age of Redemption doomed the Imperium. The last two ages are literally called The Waning and the Time of Ending.
>>
>>44174893
>The Imperium of Man used to be much more competent in the far past
>Horus Heresy
>Nova Terra Interregnum
>Age of Strife
>The Beheading
Nah. I'll say it's doing The Thing as it did for 10000 years. And that is the same Thing humans have been doing since times immemorial.

>>44174956
>The Macharian Crusade was the Imperium's last hurrah
Not really. It was just another campaign, like the hundreds of others.
> Ever since then Imperium has been losing and crumbling on all fronts
It's been losing and crumbling on all fronts for ten millenia. It's fine, really.
>an entire segmentum has gone dark mere months before the "present" (end of 999.M41).
So what? There were a few times when HALF THE FUCKING IMPERIUM "gone dark", and that eventually turned out ok.

Guys, you just need to live here in Russia for a bit to learn how to take a crisis properly.
>A collapse of an Empire
>two coup attempts
>two damn serious civil wars
>three defaults
>fuck knows how many devaluations
>all in a decade and a half
>"Holy shit Russia is doomed for good now, eh?"
>"Nah. Got our nukes and God Emperor, so we're ok for now"
>>
>>44174299
kek i remember a game where abaddon the despoiler got killed in cc by some eldar farseer

found it

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Eldrad
>>
>>44174299
>>44174303
So? Clearly he must have fucked up. It's one of the most common reasons people die in combat.
>>
File: worried estranged bigfoot.png (57KB, 159x240px) Image search: [Google]
worried estranged bigfoot.png
57KB, 159x240px
>>44173171
I thought we were pass this.
>>44175191
So if the Age of Apostasy never happened how much would change besides no SoBs?
>>
>>44175219
It wasn't even Shadowsun. She got a body double to die for her while she killed the RG chapter master from afar.
>>
>>44174708
read the kauyon and mont'ka
then immediately read IA3

it ain't a good story
>>
>>44175128
>For example, the Golden Throne is crumbling
It can keep on crumbling for another 10000 years.

>and with it entire regions of space are left in the dark including the Segmentum Cadia is in
Been there. Done that. Prove that it means anything more this time.

>>44175191
>The last two ages are literally called The Waning and the Time of Ending
And I call my dick "Motherfucker", so fucking what?
>>
>>44175199
What happens to the Imperium If a Chaos force that dwarfs anything Horus ever commanded, the niggest Ork Waaagh in galactic history, the largest Tyranid fleet (with smaller fleet scattered around, multiple Necron dynasties start invading at the same time.

The Beast Waaagh! in 32K nearly brought the Imperrium to its knees. These combined threats signal the doom of the Imperium.
>>
File: ramsay_snow.gif (994KB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
ramsay_snow.gif
994KB, 400x223px
>>44175296
>>
>>44175296
>It can keep on crumbling for another 10000 years.

Nope, it wasn't.

The faults of the Golden Throne are manifesting know are a dangerous level. The light of the Golden Throne is actually receding back instead of the occasional flutter.

Under the cover of darkness the traitors and Chaos forces are marching on.

It's getting so desperate that the Admech are making deals with the Dark Eldar.
>>
>>44175297
>What happens if hack writers try to arbitrarily "raise the stakes" on a profitable setting
the imperium survives and the status quo is restored

see: Eye of Terror
>>
>>44174893
>“To me the background to 40K was always intended to be ironic."

>“The fact that the Space Marines were lauded as heroes within Games Workshop always amused me, because they’re brutal, but they’re also completely self-deceiving. The whole idea of the Emperor is that you don’t know whether he’s alive or dead. The whole Imperium might be running on superstition. There’s no guarantee that the Emperor is anything other than a corpse with a residual mental ability to direct spacecraft.

>“It’s got some parallels with religious beliefs and principles, and I think a lot of that got missed and overwritten.”

>- Rick Priestly the creator of 40k and the Imperium

The Imperium was never supposed to have their shit together to begin with or rise out of their desperate situation. They are only good at using brute force.
>>
File: You're a Grot.png (400KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
You're a Grot.png
400KB, 1200x1000px
>>44175297
>the niggest Ork Waaagh
>>
>>44175296
>And I call my dick "Motherfucker", so fucking what?

It's the bloody end for the Imperium.

It's like coming to fantasy during the the "End Times" and "going so what? The Empire survived this and this"
>>
>>44175354
>Eye of Terror

Nope, that was retconned. It's as relevant as mentioning Storm of Chaos in WHFB.

>>44175374
The lore repeadedly says that Ghaz Waagh! is the biggest in history.

It's a recent 6th ED recton.
>>
>>44175297
>What happens to the Imperium If a Chaos force that dwarfs anything Horus ever commanded
Yeah, not happening. Black Crusade is head and shoulders below the original Traitor Forces. Remember - they not only had half the Legions, but also half the Imperial Army AND half the Navy AND half the AdMechs. Still got BTFO.

> the niggest Ork Waaagh in galactic history, the largest Tyranid fleet (with smaller fleet scattered around, multiple Necron dynasties start invading at the same time.
They all will be pretty damn busy with each other as well as ucking up each other. In the end, Warboss will get offed, Necrons will purge out the Nids and go for a nap-nap, Terra maybe gets under a siege and barely notices. As the dust settles down, what remained of the Imperium picks itself up, rebuilds populations in about two generation (bureaucrats argue that Imperium was in fact not depopulated, but saved from an impeding overpopulation crisis), cities are rebuilt for the umptheenth fucking time and ze semblance of ze order is restored.

"Oh but so much technology lost, so many sacrifices made, so many heroes forgotten!" Yeah like we give a shit. Gib tithe and STFU.
>>
>>44175405
>The lore repeadedly says that Ghaz Waagh! is the biggest in history.
I know that but now I'm wondering just how much bigger it was compared to the Beast's Waaagh. Thraka wants to unite the entire Ork race, but what does he got that the Beast didn't have?
>>
>>44175450
Actually, I think there is a lot more daemons making their way into the materium in 40k then there was in 30k.
>>
>>44175378
>>44175345
Working on a baseless assumption that GW is going to FB the 40k. Which is unlikely. And it's pretty much your sole argument.
>>
>>44175450

>In the end, Warboss will get offed, Necrons will purge out the Nids and go for a nap-nap, Terra maybe gets under a siege and barely notices. As the dust settles down, what remained of the Imperium picks itself up, rebuilds populations in about two generation (bureaucrats argue that Imperium was in fact not depopulated, but saved from an impeding overpopulation crisis), cities are rebuilt for the umptheenth fucking time and ze semblance of ze order is restored.

I wonder if WHFB fans still thought like that before End Times: Archaon came out, when Ulthuan had sunk and the Great Vortex unravelled, Nehekhara swallowed by sands and Morrslieb blown out from the skies.
>>
>>44175405
>Nope, that was retconned.
That's exactly my point, bro. The Imperium survived, status quo was restored.

And until they want to ditch 40k entirely, I don't expect anything else to happen.
>>
>>44175464
Being alive for one.
>>
>>44175533
Actually, I think Abaddon has broken through the Cadian Gate in recent fluff and the 13'th Black Crusade is in progress.
>>
>>44175464
Gork and Mork in his head and the Ork gods wanting to enter the material world.
>>
>>44175551
How many boys did he have?
>>
>>44175450
>Yeah, not happening. Black Crusade is head and shoulders below the original Traitor Forces. Remember - they not only had half the Legions, but also half the Imperial Army AND half the Navy AND half the AdMechs. Still got BTFO.

Nope.

The fluff states that the 13th Black Crusade is the biggest Black Crusade and the largest Chaos invasion since the HH. Also that the forces Abaddon commands dwarfs anything Horus ever commanded.

Abaddon, unlike his father, commands the entirety of Legions of the Eye and the uncountable legions of daemons who are pouring through the cracks of the now weakened walls of reality.

>They all will be pretty damn busy with each other as well as ucking up each other. In the end, Warboss will get offed, Necrons will purge out the Nids and go for a nap-nap, Terra maybe gets under a siege and barely notices. As the dust settles down, what remained of the Imperium picks itself up, rebuilds populations in about two generation (bureaucrats argue that Imperium was in fact not depopulated, but saved from an impeding overpopulation crisis), cities are rebuilt for the umptheenth fucking time and ze semblance of ze order is restored.

Nope, this shows ignorance of the fluff.

Ghaz Waagh! is focused on the Imperium, wanting to crush Armageddon. Leviathan is making a beeline to Terra, the Necron dynasties like Maynarkh and Sautekh are primarily invading Imperial space, and the 13th Back Crusade is punching its way to Terra.

If these apocalyptic invasions are going ti fight it out, it will be in the heart of the Imperium, on Imperial worlds.
>>
>>44175514
Prove it.

>>44175345
>It's getting so desperate that the Admech are making deals with the Dark Eldar.
When did ever AdMechs were NOT desperate?

>>44175364
This. This is how I like my 40k. Ironic and brutish and therefore actually even more realistic than most of "Hurr-durr SIRIUS" fiction, but still interesting, brilliant and honestly admirable even at the most seemingly retarded moments.
>>
File: Nagash_Derp.jpg (67KB, 454x627px) Image search: [Google]
Nagash_Derp.jpg
67KB, 454x627px
40k isn't a story. 40k is a setting. A setting that it is destined to end with the crumbling of the Imperium and extinction of Mankind if it ever advances even a tiny bit. The Imperium is more doomed than even the Eldar.
>>
>>44175568
Gates not broken, but there are a bunch of chaos forces that got past during the siege.
>>
>>44175570
Did they not like the Beast? He seems pretty Orky.
>>
>>44175579
>Prove it.

I think it was mentioned in the rulebook part presenting the daemons. Although, this might have been the 6'th edition book and I'm not sure they did a 180 in the 7'th edition.
>>
>>44175568
Oh shit, just like that one time he started the 13th black crusade, or those several times chaos forces (including abaddon) have made it past the gate.

Shit, what's going to happen? I'm on the edge of my seat here!
>>
>>44175593
I'd say the Eldar are slightly more doomed.
>>
>>44175570
I thought that was just the Eldar pretending to be Gork and Mork to get the Orks out of their hair?
>>
File: Be'lak.png (1MB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Be'lak.png
1MB, 600x800px
>>44175517
WHFB and 40K parallel each other.

>Be'lakor, aka herald of the End Times, crowns the 13th Everchosen and proclaims that the world will end

>Be'lakor, aka herald of the End Times, heralds the End Times and on the 13th Black Crusade proclaims Abaddon the Ascendant of the Gods.

Be'lakor has spoken. The galaxy will be destroyed.
>>
File: angrycron.jpg (105KB, 655x269px) Image search: [Google]
angrycron.jpg
105KB, 655x269px
I'm still pissed off the Smurfs reclaimed Damnos.
>>
>>44175647
Not until he has been humbled in both settings by the children of the Old Ones. When your waifu is smashed with a moon then he can destroy the galaxy, Carnac.
>>44175677
Go back to your tomb
>>
>>44175579
>Prove it.

Rulebook 6th ED and 7th ED. The Walls of reality are weakening from all the daemonic incursions. It's made worse by the fact that the Emperor is weakening and the throne is crumbling.

It's made much worse by Abaddon's Crimson Path plan which would grow the Eye towards Terra, granting the traitors infinite amount of daemonic allies.
>>
>>44175579
GW is dominated by the sales department that has decided that ironic 40k doesn't sell.
>>
>>44175528
>Oh 40k is totally getting it's End Times
>See? It's totally End Times
>Didn't you tell this when the End Times happened?
By any chance, are you a buttmad FB player who still can't get over his GW-induced PTSD, and therefore subconsciously wants other people to suffer through the same?

>>44175573
>The fluff states that the 13th Black Crusade is the biggest Black Crusade and the largest Chaos invasion since the HH. Also that the forces Abaddon commands dwarfs anything Horus ever commanded.
Being Imperial Propaganda, fluff always states ech Chaos Invasion to be the SCARIEST EVAR.

>Abaddon, unlike his father, commands the entirety of Legions of the Eye
LOL NO HE DOESN'T.

>If these apocalyptic invasions are going ti fight it out, it will be in the heart of the Imperium, on Imperial worlds.|
Been there, done that. Imperium built itself up from nothing but Terra and Mars. Going from a bunch of fucked up worlds + fucked up Terra and Mars is only easier.
>>
I want the 13th Crusade to fail already so we get a proper Chaos Champion instead of FailAbaddon. Is there even anything compelling about the guy? Everything I have heard or read of him makes him such a try-hard joke even with the ret-cons that make him more competent.
>>
>>44175611
That I don't know, what I do know though is Thraka is setting up perpetual fights in various points in the galaxy to draw all the orks together, latest on was a huge ork v. nid throwdown with Leviathan on Octaria and Chaos is actively trying to stop him.
>>
Age of ULTRAMAR
>>
>>44175738
So the Beast is second place compared to Thraka in the eyes of Gork and Mork?
>>
>>44175647
>Me'mekor being relevant in 40k ever
>>
>>44175528
I have been in WHFB threads before the End Times and during. People actually thought this and then git butthurt when the obvious happened.

>>44175708
>Being Imperial Propaganda, fluff always states ech Chaos Invasion to be the SCARIEST EVAR.

Not Propaganda. It's actual fluff.

>LOL NO HE DOESN'T.

Yes, he does.

He is was named Chaos Ascendant. All Chaos is his to command.

>Been there, done that. Imperium built itself up from nothing but Terra and Mars. Going from a bunch of fucked up worlds + fucked up Terra and Mars is only easier.

Except there won't be Terra. It's the main target of at least two invasions.
>>
>>44174178
>Shadowsun killed the Raven Guard Chapter Master in personal combat.
She shot him in the back with a fusion blaster after he sivved her body-double.
>>
>>44175647
>the 13th Everchosen
wasn't he just the 6th one, or did they change that too
>>
>>44174299
My DE archon once killed a Tau Commander in Battlesuit, with maximum CC-gear and upgrades, in a challenge.

My DE Archon was equipped with a Blaster, a 5+ AS and a single non-special CC weapon. Nothing more.
>>
>>44175760
>Raised Abaddon in the eyes of the Gods
>Lead Ahriman to his destiny
>Is the FREAKING HERALD OF THE END TIMES
>The only being to threaten Terra in thousands of years

As I said, Be'lakor has spoken. The End is Nigh.
>>
>>44175800
Before there were 5 named Everchosenz that the fluff covered, and Archaon was the 6 named one.

8th ED lore revealed that Archaon is the 13th Everchosen.
>>
File: Abaddon_Despoiler_updated.jpg (194KB, 1354x1552px) Image search: [Google]
Abaddon_Despoiler_updated.jpg
194KB, 1354x1552px
>>44175647

Abaddon has no charisma. He's just a brute. Bring someone new, preferably someone from the Imperium, someone important.
>>
File: whoops.jpg (606KB, 1285x966px) Image search: [Google]
whoops.jpg
606KB, 1285x966px
This happened in Kauyon, in Mont'ka the Tau's victory made much more sense.
>>
>>44175877
The Emperor. It will be just like ironic pottery.
>>
>>44175877
>Abaddon has no charisma

He has so much charisma that he convinced Pert and Lorgar to stop being useless.
>>
>>44175677
Me too,

I wouldn't have minded it if the writing was so asspully.
>>
>>44175757
Like I said earlier, no idea.
>>
>>44173895
>>44173967
>>44173937
It was apparently one of the biggest tank battles in imperial record so they probably had a few guy there.
>>
>>44175909
>- Okay Abby. After all this insane (and literal) shit, Lorgar fianlly turns away from his damn book. You have his attention, at least for awhile. What do you do?
>-.... I roll to seduce.
>>
OP here with an answer to my own question.

I have concluded that the real problem is teenagers and spergs doing unironic shitposting. Bad writing is just part of the problem and 40kids is truly the most terrible part of the community.
>>
Cadia actually felt to Abaddon as per result of the Eye of Terror Campaign, but the Imperialfags bitched about it and GW's were too pussies to actually advance the setting. Something like the The Storm of Chaos fiasco in fantasy.
>>
>>44175877

Abaddon > Primarchs, he is the threat that will end the Imperium while Horus was just a catalyst

It's like how Archaon who was a mere man surpassed Sigmar himself with the blessings of Chaos.
>>
>>44175643
It was that at first but it eventually turned out to be true.
>>
>>44176008
The fallen Primarchs didn't even originally want to destroy the Imperium. They were just butthurt that they didn't get more special treatment.
>>
>>44176022
I like to think that it was both.
>>
>>44174299
Like half the primarchs went out like fucking punks. This is 40k, jobbing is pretty much a prerequisite.
>>
>>44174299
Chapter masters dies all the time. Only Logan and Dante are old. Neither of them are any kind of norm either.
>>
>>44176071
Maybe it started off as eldar but eventually so many orks believed it gork and mork actually started talking to him?
>>
>>44176167
Not unlikely.
>>
>>44175297
>Chaos force that dwarfs anything Horus ever commanded

Horus had half the fucking Imperium. Abaddon has whatever dregs from the Eye who weren't stupid enough to kill themselves in the intervening ten thousand years since the Heresy. His plan relies entirely on the Crimson Path and even that is a gamble.
>>
>>44176258
He also has more daemons backing him than Horus ever did and the Imperium is constantly fighting on several fronts. If they pull back to fight Chaos the Xenos will do whatever the fuck they want and the Imperium will lose massive amount of territory.

Even if the Imperium does win it will make them weaker then ever before.
>>
>>44175877

What if the Emperor failed and Horus himself comes back?
>>
>>44176411
Horus is dead his all his clones are destroyed. If Horus came back Abaddon would kill him again.
>>
>>44176258
>‘I wanted to know something before you died, Ruven. What did you gain from that first betrayal? Why did you turn from the Eighth Legion and wear the colours of Horus’s Sons?’

>‘We are all Horus’s sons. We all carry his legacy with us.’ Ruven couldn’t help the edge of passion creeping into his tone. ‘Abaddon is the Bane of the Imperium, brother. His is the name whispered by a trillion frightened souls. Have you heard the legends? The Imperium even believes him to be Horus’s cloned son. And he bears that legend for a reason. The Imperium will fall. Perhaps not this century, and perhaps not the next. But it will fall, and Abaddon will be there, boot on the throat of the Emperor’s bloodless corpse. Abaddon will be there the night the Astronomican dies and the Imperium – at last – falls dark.’

>‘You still believe we can win this war?’ Talos hesitated, for this was something he’d simply never expected. ‘If Horus failed, what chance does his son have?’

>‘Every chance, for no matter what you or I might say, it’s a destiny written in the stars themselves. How much larger are the forces in the Eye now, than those that first fled after the failed Siege of Terra? How many billions of men, how many countless thousands of ships, have rallied to the Warmaster’s banner in ten millennia? Abaddon’s might eclipses anything Horus ever commanded. You know that as well as I. If we could refrain from butchering one another for long enough, we’d already be pissing on the Imperium’s bones.’

-Night Lords Omnibus
>>
>>44176696
Ruven is also a fukken lunatic.
>>
>>44176731
Like everyone else in the setting.
>>
>>44174178
>Also, Shadowsun killed the Raven Guard Chapter Master in personal combat.
Yea, that's not what happened.
>>
>>44174299
See >>44176850
>>
File: 1391690054087.jpg (92KB, 900x472px) Image search: [Google]
1391690054087.jpg
92KB, 900x472px
Still dirty xenos.
No matter what happens they will always be filthy, stupid xeno scum.
>>
>>44174825
The previous chapter master was killed, thus Shrike was promoted to chapter master.
>>
>>44177787
Seems like a win win to me.
>>
>>44174620
> 2 armies in a pic
> everything is super speshul
That pic sums up everything wrong in the current edition.
Every fucking vehicle is stated as fucking rare, to experimental, yet here the zergrush each other.
>>
>>44178023
It's an Apocalypse level battle on the Tau frontline. Why wouldn't it have lots of important units?
>>
This is a turningpoint.

From now on Tau will become the dominant hero faction that is gonna save the day.
>>
>>44173286
It's more accurate to say that North Korea claimed several rocks In the water and then America got so butt-hurt because how dare anyone claim a victory, that they set the water on fire.
>>
>>44174178
She killed a nameless individual who's entire impact on the lore is two paragraphs ever since 40k was created.
And Imperial Fags are upset over this?
Fucking really?
>>
File: 1304003269399.jpg (68KB, 1261x138px) Image search: [Google]
1304003269399.jpg
68KB, 1261x138px
>>44173171
>>44174178
>>44174201
>>44174825
>>
>>44176696
Ruven is a cocksucker who drank Abbadon's Kool-Aid. It's like asking a Trump supporter for a list of reasons why Trump is going to win the presidency.
>>
We finally finished the Wolf Fag thread only to have tau fags and imperial fags now whining...

at least I dont have to care... chaos wins in the end anyway.
>>
>>44181487
And me Boyz of course. Forever fighting is best victory.
>>
>>44180291
So Abbadon does in fact have a larger force and his victory is all but assured but those who oppose him desperately cling to delusions rather than face the terrible truth?
>>
>>44179869
How would you feel if Shadowsun got omnom'd by some nameless Tyranid and didn't even have the grace to die fighting, but by a lictor she never even saw coming? And then it was given only a passing glance?
>>
>>44176008

In terms of fighting ability he's below Magnus and Angron, that's for sure.
>>
Off the top of my head, the one thing that seemed kind of off with Mont'ka is that the book really hyped up the Imperial force, only for it to basically seem at the end like the Tau were doing nothing but winning, though this could have very well been because of Farsight's intervention.

The assassins being hyped up and then three of four of them dying seemed kind of stupid too, particularly the Callidus whose only give away was not mimicking an Ethereal perfectly.

>>44175364

What the fuck does ironic even mean here? Surely not your typical slimy limey timey wimey XD shit.

>>44175593

"It's a setting, not a story" is a piss poor excuse and it belongs in the trash.
>>
>>44173171
Because it was the DUMBEST campaign ever enacted, with the Imperium for no explanation, going pants on head retarded, still winning, and then suddenly lose not because of their stupidity, but because Farsight.

>Have total control of planet's orbit.
>Have had several campaigns against the Tau before, so the Imperium knows to keep them at a disadvantage: where their range is no good
>Despite knowing this, they still land everything hundreds of miles away from any Tau city/outpost/army, and walk right into the line of fire.

This coming from the same faction that pulled off a campaign against the Tau earlier and succeeding. So it's clear the Imperium knows how to fight the Tau at this point, so it feels like whoever was writing the backstory didn't know jack shit about the lore when he wrote it.

>Then Farsight comes in just before Tau get their shit kicked in. Somehow that means the Tau win

This isn't the first time Farsight mary sue'd his way to helping the Empire. Seems like every time there is a threat the Tau cannot win, or at least recover from, Farsight shows up, takes care of the problem, then leaves and everything goes on like nothing happened.

Taufags should be pissed too because it invalidates anything Shadowsun does. The moment Farsight shows up, every other Tau character becomes a footnote. He's like the Tau version of Robute Girlyman.
>>
For the designated sneaky marines it sure is easy to spot the buttmad Raven Guard posters
>>
File: 1418066651548.jpg (122KB, 728x768px) Image search: [Google]
1418066651548.jpg
122KB, 728x768px
>>44175296
>And I call my dick "Motherfucker", so fucking >what?

Dude there is a reason it's called the times of endings and unlike your dick the imperium is seeing a whole lot of fucking.
>>
>>44173171
I'm a big Imperial guy and this is what I got to say about the whole ordeal.

Tau got a lucky and got unexpected reinforcements from Farsight, Imperium high command looked at the problem and said "look we can either waste tons of resources here or send more men to fight the black crusade so I vote we just burn off the while subsector so we can push off this problem a few more years." Imperium loses fights all the time and like every other problem that isn't labeled with IMPENDING DOOM it doesn't get nearly as much as it could. Being bloodied by this the Imperium probably isn't going to forgive this soon so if they survive the black crusade they'll probably through everything they got at Tau. Until IMPENDING DOOM is dealt with everything else is an afterthought.
>>
>>44183427
Most people like Farsight more than Shadowsun anyway and hes likely the only Tau character people would care about if they got jobbed.
>>
>>44174178
>>44179869
>>44183295
This whole exchange is irrelevant. The real problem here is that Raven Guard are chronically underdeveloped. Killing their chapter master isn't any less fair game than the leader of some random obscure chapter because that's basically what they are. They'd never do something like this with the Ultras or BA.
>>
>>44183427
>Taufags should be pissed too because it invalidates anything Shadowsun does

If you read the book, it does not. Shadowsun was facing a much much larger force with her meager garrison. The only reason the Imperials were successful in the initial stages of the book was because of sheer numbers alone. Once Farsight came to even the odds, Shadowsun AND Farsight combined their strategies to screw over the incompetent Imperials.
>>
>>44183884
And then Farsight walks away with all the credit.
>>
>>44174299
>Killed by a Riptide reactor going critical?
>everyone and their grandpa uses "going critical" this way
>I used to work in a nuclear power plant, and know what the term actually means
Goddammit my autism levels are rising like GW prices.
>>
File: Uw9ciQ4.png (92KB, 270x257px) Image search: [Google]
Uw9ciQ4.png
92KB, 270x257px
>>44175130
>the Chinese are invading the US mainland

top fucking kek. they have one aircraft carrier and it's a 40 year old converted Russian oil tanker.
>>
>>44183982

You really can't look at 40k too critically, maybe not even FW's stuff.
>>
>>44183941
Only on internet. In the actual book, Shadowsun's input was just as important as Farsight's. In fact, Shadowsun did her best to deal with the tension between Aun'Va and Farsight.

Also They exchanged their favorite tactics to support each other. Farsight said that he will rely on her Mont'ka while she has to rely on his Kauyon.
>>
>>44173863
anon, all victories in 40k were won using mary sue powers
>>
>>44184024

Yes. In reality. Now consider the single aircraft carrier is possessed by the literal Judeo-Christian entity Satan, and it summons fallen angels and rewrites the laws of reality in a hurricane-sized radius around it, so that it can't be beaten no matter what you do. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.
>>
File: SoMuchRage.png (264KB, 406x434px) Image search: [Google]
SoMuchRage.png
264KB, 406x434px
>>44184029
>implying this shit is exclusive to 40K
Man, I didn't even LIKE that job and this shit rustles me. Mainly because it's all the fuck over every facet of pop culture, and every yahoo who's ever seen a bad action movie thinks you can make nuclear power plants go off like nuclear bombs. Pro tip, you can't, and even Chernobyl didn't match the explosive yield of Little Boy.
Rant about density of isotopes goes here. I'm too tired and enraged for this shit.
>>
File: Colonel.png (3MB, 1536x2174px) Image search: [Google]
Colonel.png
3MB, 1536x2174px
I liked Colonel Starkzahn. Hopefully, he and his men survive and become Gue'vesa in the next codex/supplement bitter after being abandoned along 50% of the surviving guardsmen.
>>
>>44183295
Its a damn good thing that Mascara Broodwing wasn't anyone important, like New Chapter Master Shrike, huh?
>>
good god imperial fags, can you get any more butthurt? So the tau got off a victory, who gives a fuck
>>
>>44184114

Oh of course, sometimes people can't really be bothered to look up the truth or it clashes with the story.

>>44184152

Probably died in the firestorms.
>>
>>44174178

But shouldn't the Tau win? I mean, they have actually superior technology and non-fucktarded combat tactics. Yes, the Imperium could drown them in corpses, but then the Orks/Eldar/Whatever come in and fuck the Imperium up.

This makes a lot of sense, and if Imperiumfags are butthurt about this, they should into tictacs.
>>
>>44184152
With his new big tittied tau wife.
>>
>>44183427

>Imperium
>knows how to fight

Yes, if by fighting you mean "drown the other guy in corpses."
>>
>>44184226
Imperium has Psykers and way faster space flight. Also teleportation and space marines. Oh and numbers.
>>
>>44184371
The only thing that matters is the faster space travel and it's countered by orbitals and the Tau fleet. Since the Tau live in a highly dense cluster of stars, distances are not an issue.
>>
>>44184397
Plot armor at it's finest
>>
>>44184371

>psykers
Ethereals
>faster space flight
prone to getting lost in the Warp, especially with the Astronomicon failing
>teleportation
True. But it doesn't use it intelligently.
>spess muhrines
ranged combat
>numbers
Look at the USSR, and how it can't recover from the demographic crisis to this day after using Imperium-level tactics in WWII.
>>
>>44184425
No, it's just fluff.
>>
>>44175991
>Imperial records
>being complete ever
>not being propaganda
>>
>>44180291
So Abaddon is the Donald Trump of 40k? No wonder any insult people throw at him is invalid.
>>
>>44184449

Ethereals really aren't psychic, have no idea how ranged combat is supposed to be a counter to Space Marines either.
>>
>>44183368
>What the fuck does ironic even mean here? Surely not your typical slimy limey timey wimey XD shit.

Basically that Space Marines and the Imperium were never intended to be noble for real and were always supposed to be obvious thugs in shiny armour.
>>
>>44184771

So basically how they're usually viewed
>>
>>44184735
Don't reply to his heresy anon
>>
>>44184786
Nah, Games Workshop has at least for a decade tried to present them as unironic good guys and some people urionically don't get the irony of Space Marines and the Imperium.
>>
>>44183427
>>has power sword
>>attacks with motorbike tires
>>
>it's Mary Sue when Tau does it
>>
>>44185421
people would probably feel that way if Eldar did it as well. Though probably not as much.

The Tau are meant to be underdogs but Farsight just wreaks everything ever. He's clearly a mary sue. Like Calgar.
>>
>>44183427
can't you take it like a man and stop whining for once? one campaing ONE FUCKING EVENT, and you bitch like a virgin
>>
>>44184226
Tau have 2 tactics, they magically work all the time...
And Tau high tech is the lowest of all playable factions.
>>
>>44186753
>And Tau high tech is the lowest of all playable factions.

Lies. The Tau have been stated to have the technological superiority in the battles against the Imperium. Just because the Imperium has a few relics of the DaoT laying around does not change the fact the Tau have them beat in technology in the field.

And saying that Kauyon and Mont'ka are magical is like saying the Codex is magical.
>>
>>44186620

Maybe, it might feel a little more acceptable with Eldar though.

>>44186782

The fact that the Imperium has access to DAoT relics in addition whatever the Mechanicus is hoarding does mean they have an advantage over the Tau as far as high tech goes.
>>
>>44184898
>tau
>worthy of being killed with your sword
the boot for those curs
>>
>>44186782

Codex isn't magical, it works because it has all the conceivable tactics in the universe instead of just two.
>>
>>44186797
>The fact that the Imperium has access to DAoT relics in addition whatever the Mechanicus is hoarding does mean they have an advantage over the Tau as far as high tech goes.

Not in the battles the Imperium and Tau fought where the Tau had a clear technological advantage and handed the primitive Imperial armies their asses.

So mentioning that the Imperium has something stashed in their closets is utterly irrelevant.

>>44186808
Kauyon and Mont'ka are entire philosophies of warfare which are more complex than the codex.

Farsight and Shadowsun cannot master all their aspects while Farsight and Shadowsun have cracked the codex and can predict the marines movements.
>>
>>44186859
>Farsight and Shadowsun have cracked the codex and can predict the marines movements
just like imperial forces can predict tau responses

but the subtleties of both are lost in translation. And the Codex has the benefit of a wider variety of opponents, biomes, scenarios and raw experience to draw from.
>>
>>44186875
>just like imperial forces can predict tau responses

They cannot. Kauyon and Mont'ka showed that Imperials were outmatched in strategy and tactics. Did you miss the part where the marines kept walking into Shadowsun's traps again and again and again?

The earlier Imperial successes in Mont'ka is attributed to the sheer number of the Imperials deployed on the planet. Once Farsight arrived to even the odds and he teamed up with Shadowsun the Imperials fate was sealed.

The Codex was shown to be lacking and detrimental to the marines in those books. Shadowsun used the mirrorcodex to weave her strategy and gut the marine presence in Prefectia.
>>
>>44186911
oh I'm sorry I forgot this one campaign was representative of every conflict between the imperials and tau ever.
>>
>>44186917
The Mirrorcodex was used in both First Damocles Crusade and the Second to great success.

And in the Second Damocles Crusade the Imperium faced the best and brightest the Tau have to offer in many battles, over many worlds, and in countless battle scenarios. The Tau mostly triumphed. This ultimately led to the whole firewall thing. The Imperium could not win a conventional campaign war against the Tau. They don't have the will and they certainly don't have ability.

In grand strategy and tactics, the Tau schooled Imperium.
>>
>>44186911

>They cannot.

They have a decent grasp of how the Tau like to fight and what to avoid.
>>
>>44186958
>could not
Not the same as "has not", and you know it.
>>
>>44186967
The Marines in Kauyon certainly did not. With the Tau running circles around them and Shadowsun being always two steps ahead of them.

Heck, in the initial stages of the war, hundreds of marines died and many more were gravely injured. It only got worse as the fighting went on.
>>
>>44186982
"Could not" puts into consideration the state of the Imperium in the Age of Ending.
>>
So did the marines fight how they were supposed to?

Raven Guard
The Raven Guard specialise in guerrilla warfare, moving behind enemy lines with unrivalled stealth, and striking with precise application of force.

White Scars
Drawing on the tribal savagery of their homeworld, the White Scars practice a highly mobile method of warfare, tearing into their enemies with lightning-quick attacks and vanishing before a response can be made.

Or did they just bumble into the Tau like they think they're indestructible?
>>
>>44180163

>death-hours

kek don't give Games Workshop ideas they can copyright
>>
Sooo, the Raven Guard and White Scars inexplicably fought like Black Templars, instead what their respective Chapter doctrines call for? That about the size of it?
>>
>>44187048
The Tau only exist in the Age of Ending.
>>
>>44173171
Because 40k is full of whiny babbies?
>>
>>44187656

Good for them, must suck for the Imperium.
>>
>>44187666
I guess this is hard to understand, but imperial forces have had decisive victories and decisive losses against the tau. Them being retards because it's the time of ending doesn't somehow remove that fact.
>>
>>44187677

They're not dumber but have less resources to spare due to galaxywide crumbling.

>993.999.M41 A flood of distress signals and cries for help flood through the Imperium. Entire Astropathic choirs are overloaded and collapse. Anarchy and panic spread as the Imperium's communication systems fail. From Segmentum Pacificus there is only eerie silence...
>>
>>44187163
The Raven guard continued their cheeki beeki thing the whole way through. Heck, If ShadowSun hadn't used a body double, the Raven Guard woulda got her. It was only because ShadowSun had planned a counter-ambush centered around a shit ton of meltas popping out did the CM get BTFO.

The white scars road their bikes. Kinda lamented how they were asians and the Tau were asians.
>>
>>44187677
We are speaking about campaigns and entire wars and you are hung up on battles?

If we examine the entirety war between the Tau and Imperium, we see that the Tau are the ones scoring decisive victories and pushing their agenda forward. The Imperium won some battles but it did nothing to turn the war into their favour. In fact, the Imperial are often misdirected towards discretionary forces while the main Tau force conquers dozens of desirable Imperial worlds.

The Imperium winning some battles does not change the fact that they cannot defeat the Tau in war. What the Tau claimed, they got keep (most of it).
>>
>>44187163

That is roughly how I recall them fighting in Mont'ka, a lot of the fighting was really centered on the Guard.
>>
>>44175573
>he fluff states that the 13th Black Crusade is the biggest Black Crusade and the largest Chaos invasion since the HH
> the forces Abaddon commands dwarfs anything Horus ever commanded.
Did you even read what you said. The Horus Heresy is still larger than the black crusades so how can abaddon command more men
>>
>>44188323

No, the fluff says Abaddon's forces dwarf those of Horus.

You do realize that Horus was never going to succeed in destroying the Imperium? He was called the Sacrificed King by daemons when Heresy was still ongoing!

Abaddon is the real deal.
>>
>>44183884
>screw over the incompetent Imperials
I think that's the problem there. The imperials weren't incompetent when they were winning but every loss GW sets against the imperium makes this idea even more prominent. The imperium is the largest force in the galaxy and has held the title for thousands of years. You don't get that from being incompetent. But fags will keep screaming "hur dur WW1 tactics"
>>
>>44188398
When I said incompetent Imperials, I meant the Imperial forces fighting the Tau in the books, not the entire Imperium armed forces.
>>
>>44188348
So, if I've got this right, Abaddon's forces are greater than Horus' and the Imperium is beset by implacable threats on all sides after 10000 years of decay, and his big plan to defeat the Imperium still hinges on expanding the Eye of Terror to Terra. Well, that looks to me like Abaddon is either as incompetent as everyone always joked, or is, against all his claims to the contrary, just another slave to the Big Four. Horus nearly took Terra with a smaller army against greater opposition than the Imperium could effectively muster now. Abaddon's made it around Cadia before, so what's stopping him from just going for the throat now, if it's what he really wants?
>>
>>44184059
N-nuh-uh! [Faction I Like] should canonically win everything and [Faction I Don't Like] only ever wins because the authors write it that way! If it weren't for the authors, [Faction I Like] would have won the whole game, r-right?
>>
>>44186808

>Codex isn't magical, it works because it has all the conceivable tactics in the universe instead of just two.

Now it is obvious that you are trolling. I have never seen a marinefag praising the Codex Astartes in their life. Even the Ultramarines realised that following the Codex Astartes to the letter fucked them when dealing with threats like the Tyranids that Rouberte could have never predicted.
>>
>>44188471
Adaddon doesn't just want to take the Imperium. He wants to hold it and safeguard it from all threats descending upon it and perhaps even the Chaos Gods themselves.
>>
>>44173171
>So, if I understand things correctly; people are angry that the Tau won a campaign at some planet no one cares about and people are angry that the Imperium lost the campaign
Clearly these people don't read any Imperial Armour books....
>>
>>44188529

>I am just saying like the codex, the twin warfare doctrines of Mont'ka and Kauyon are just militarily philosophies with their own flaws and advantages.

>the Codex Astartes has ALL THE CONCEIVABLE TACTICS IN THE UNIVERSE instead of just two.

Sure, whatever you say...go back to sleep with your Spiritual Liege.
>>
>>44173967
How many imperial world's have been overtaken by Orks or Tyranids anon? How many claimed by Chaos or reclaimed by the Eldar? How often does ownership of border worlds change hands between Human and Nid, Nid and Ork, Ork and Chaos, Chaos and Eldar, and Eldar and Human?
>>
>>44188508
>he just wants to safeguard it from all the threats descending upon it and perhaps even from the Chaos Gods themselves

And his plan to do that is to render the Imperium in its entirety a place where the Gods with a well known love of tormenting mortals can directly act? Can I update my previous dichotomy to include "incompetent AND enslaved?"
>>
File: Archaon (closeup).png (1MB, 640x732px) Image search: [Google]
Archaon (closeup).png
1MB, 640x732px
>>44188609
Eye of Terror =/= Warp

Abaddon rules the Eye and has mastery over all servants of Chaos there.

It's like saying AoS Archaon is a slave to Chaos and that Varanspire belongs to the Chaos Gods. Both are equally wrong. The rule of Archaon supersedes that of the Chaos Gods. If Abaddon succeeds, he will become the same as him. Abaddon will be the master of the Dark Imperium and the Chaos Gods will ave nothing else to offer him.
>>
File: bibblethump.jpg (52KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bibblethump.jpg
52KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw humanity is doomed
>weaboo commies will survive
This isn't fair
>>
>>44188654
That's a lot of nice ideas. Do you suppose Abbadon ever heard any like them? Or Horus, before him?
More seriously, what is the actual purpose of the Crimson Path? If Abaddon gains anything from it that just smashing Terra's defenses with his massive military force wouldn't give him, I'm not seeing it. Putting out the Astronomican is a better defense against the Loyalists than any Warp storm. Yet he dicks around on a conquered planet for a plan that at most benefits the patrons he claims to be on equal terms without giving him much of anything. Tell me what I'm not seeing here, because it just doesn't mesh.
>>
>>44175885

At least the Chapter Master of the Imperial Fists died like a badass. Pugh died against a horde of tyranids, Severax died from being fucking blindsided with bullshit.

Not saying that I'm mad about his death because Severax really had little impact in the setting prior to this, but it could have been written so much better than "Oops, you laughed too long and got shot in the side."
>>
>>44188813
The Crimson Path would give him enough forces to crush the Tyranids, Necrons, Orks, and whatever that threaten the Imperium. As the Ascendant of Chaos, endless daemons legions will follow his command and they will destroy the enemies of Mankind.

Humanity, though now slaved to Chaos, will persist in the Galactic Eye of Terror where Abaddon will rule them as their Dark Emperor.

I brought the example of Archaon because it's shows that the victory of Chaos can be turned into a personal one by the Everchosen/Ascendant.
>>
>>44184024

good job missing the point completely
>>
>>44173171
Its giving Tau too central a role in a setting where they
a) arent an original faction
b) were shoe-horned in to fill a retail gap
c) are gifted the easiest codex to use
d) are gifted a very powerful codex
e) attract a lot of obnoxious fans
d) are currently sitting pretty near the top of the power curve

So, putting this new Tau fluff into context, this is why /tg/ and its contingent of grognards and neckbeards is bitching. 40k has become cancerous to its own fans.
>>
>>44188511

Mainly because the Imperial Armour books are well written compared to Kauyon and Mont'ka.

In the Imperial Armour books, there is actually a sense of dread and how dire things can get.
>>
>>44188902
Those forces being daemons, I suppose? I'm just not buying it. If your enterprise is workable because some sponsors are handing you the bulk of the necessary resources, those sponsors have the real power, no matter who's ostensibly calling the shots. The Mark of Chaos Ascendant means Abaddon can give orders to the daemons, but if the Gods thought he was going to turn against them, or some other warlord could do the job they wanted better, could he stop them taking the Mark away? Being the only one who can carry out their designs gives him latitude, but doesn't mean they'll just let him do whatever he wants.

And I'm no expert on Fantasy, but didn't Archaon's dominion only last until the Gods got bored of torturing everyone in it and wrecked the whole thing, and then they brought him back later to do more fighting on their behalf?
>>
File: 1392345402204.jpg (226KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1392345402204.jpg
226KB, 1680x1050px
>>44188663

>mfw people think tau will survive the rise of Chaos
>>
File: The Destroyer of Worlds.png (3MB, 1333x1021px) Image search: [Google]
The Destroyer of Worlds.png
3MB, 1333x1021px
>>44189031
>And I'm no expert on Fantasy, but didn't Archaon's dominion only last until the Gods got bored of torturing everyone in it and wrecked the whole thing, and then they brought him back later to do more fighting on their behalf?

No, he was rewarded for destroying the old world and then built a force of daemons and mortals that was loyal only to him. He spent his time during the Age of Myth fighting for and against the Chaos Gods on multiple worlds and realities.

The Chaos Gods realizing the threat of Archaon, should he decide to finally to go singular, decided to destroy him. They ll failed and got tired of trying.

When the Chaos Gods found Sigmar's Mortal Realms and the Chaos Gods failed to make any meaningful progress due to their disunity, they asked Archaon to lead their armies once again. Archaon agreed but under one condition which is that everything he conquering in their name would belong to him.

What we get from this that the Everchosen/Ascendant can become strong and smart enough to manipulate the Great Game of Chaos to is favor. Should a Chaos God withdraw his favor from the Ascendant/Everchosen, the dude will further the agendas of his rivals. This fuels of the suspicion and fear of the Chaos God forcing him to continue to bless the champion and provide him with troops.
>>
>>44175757
Eldrad manipulated fate so that Thraka would get shot in the head and come out "different"
>>
>>44186620
This is not your dads Tau Empire anymore.
>>
>>44189189
If he cares to hop outside his reality and go war across the realms, which still doesn't jibe with Abaddon's Dark Imperium endgame. What I'm getting from this is that his best case scenario involves abandoning the fight that sustained him through 10000 years. He's not after power in any form and cares nothing for the glory of the Gods; it's a singular goal that defines him. If he wanted a piece of the Great Game, he could accept daemonhood.
>>
>>44174299
actually Shadowsun solo (with a not so useful shield droid and jepack fusion blaster combo) white scar chapter master and almost kill him he only get help from a librarian to take the shot for him
she is indeed shit in melee combat lose to a guardman commander in a duel
>>
>>44189189
Yeah, but it's Age of Sigmar fluff so it's shit and should be ignored.
>>
>>44189330
He has a way to ensure the daemons will continue to be loyal to him via pacts and manipulating the ebbs and flow of the Great Game.

If a Chaos God wants to ruin his Dark Imperium, Abaddon would threaten to dedicate himself to the service of his rival or rivals. This ensure that the Chaos God will back down because the Chaos Gods know that if Abaddon ever became singular, then the enemies of his single patron will be grounded to dust.

Abaddon, indeed, would have everything he wants and the Chaos Gods would be too afraid to move against him and risk casting him in the service of their rivals.
>>
>>44175647
why people hate this guy so much ?
>>44175877
around back stamping slimy bastard he need to rule through fear and respect
read Pandorax man, Abaddon keep Huron in check so well
>>
>>44189546
>why people hate this guy so much ?

Something about him being "shoehorned" into 40K and retconning Undivided Princes.
>>
>>44189419
You know, making Abaddon cool amd threatening seems to involve a lot of making the Chaos Gods themselves suck. Why do you suppose that is? Something to do with explaining why the Imperium hasn't just collapsed if it's surrounded by threats via the threats being equally weak shit? I dunno.

Anyway, if the Warp is still shared between IPs, you'd think the gods would have learned a thing or two from the last avatar of their wrath. What's goven collectively can be taken away collectively. If they'll cooperate against the Emperor when he's cutting into their food supply, you'd think they could agree to remove a potential threat when he's become more trouble than he's worth. Abaddon is their agent, and a powerful one, but he is, ultimately, replacable. If a Chaos God want's to ruin him, he can go to their rival, but if goes off the rails and all four say "fuck you," he gets fucked. He wouldn't be the first agent they'd abandoned.
>>
>>44189546
They shoehorned him into 40k to sell more minis and he is the biggest Mary Sue in both the settings.

It's like the worst parts of the C'tan recycled into a Lucifer character that has a high opinion about himself despite constantly fucking up and later pretending it was according to his plan.

He is basically a poor mans Tzeentch and he is the root of all the problems in the setting.
>>
>>44187946
>Kinda lamented how they were asians and the Tau were asians.
Space mongolian lose to space Nipponese again kek
>>
>>44189582
> making the Chaos Gods themselves suck

As the Archaon put it, the Chaos Gods are idiotic manchildren playing in the mud.

Anyways, the White Witch has told Abaddon that the Chaos Gods in the future will destroy him for his betrayal. Abaddon didn't give a damn because he is the heretic with the plan. You see, Abaddon learned from the example of Be'lakor. The lesson being is that don't piss off all Chaos Gods at the same time.
>>
File: 1449064501483.jpg (53KB, 510x532px) Image search: [Google]
1449064501483.jpg
53KB, 510x532px
>>44189631
>They shoehorned him into 40k to sell more minis

such a cynical thing to do, fuck the suits and fuck the game developers
>>
>>44189713
It's gonna turn out that Archaon was Be'lakor all along sent back in time.
>>
>>44189734
He's Belakors rape baby.
>>
>>44189734
Be'lakor is Archaon's dad. He raped-impregnated his mother. Archaon is basically a half-daemon.

I am betting that Abaddon will be revealed to be also a son of Be'lakor.
>>
>>44189859
>>44189864
Be'lakor is his own father. He is walking inbread time paradox.
>>
>>44174620
Frankly as an imperialfag I think the imperium needs to pull a ww1 Russian front maneuver. Where we burn the crops as the enemy advances and we retreat until the front line shrinks to a more manageable size.
>>
>>44189988
Nope, then the Imperium can't support it's frontline against the Tyranids.
>>
>>44189988
That would be the Napoleonic Wars or WWII. They actually tried to fight WWI. Kind of like Imperium is doing now.

Problem is that things like shrinking the front tend to work better in two dimensions where the enemy needs to pass you to get anywhere than in three where they can appear anywhere on a whim. Leviathan taught them that, but Warp/Webway travel achieves the same effect for the other factions
>>
>>44183982
I don't think riptides use nuclear power
>>
>>44173842
Isn't the point that the Imperium can win or at least force a draw anywhere it wants to due to sheer manpower and materiel, but is taking steady irreplacable losses in the process?
>>
>>44190899
A little bit. If it focused on only one problem, every other problem would get worse.
>>
>>44190899
For a somewhat loose definition of "draw" and an extremely loose definition of "win," sort of. They experience inarguable losses in quite a few places as well. The Imperium's expansions at best average out the losses and both wreck valuable equipment and cost experienced lives that will each be replaced by inferior models. It's an empire in decline, kept standing as long as it has only by sheer mass and inertia.
>>
>>44187953
>We are speaking about campaigns and entire wars and you are hung up on battles?
Zeist. Nimbosa. We can pick and choose campaigns on either side, matey.

>b-but zeist was just as planned
Yes, the old "I was just pretending to lose all of our gained territory" ruse. You sure showed them Shadowsun.
>>
>>44190899
No, the Imperium is fated to lose at some point and Chaos is very likely to win. The Imperium is extremely stagnate in their technological level and they have no significant cultural development which kills their creativity in war. What the Imperium is doing now is trying to drag it out as much as possible.
>>
File: 1378389405915.jpg (51KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1378389405915.jpg
51KB, 500x447px
>constant retcons to make Tau more strong
>wank their exploits with no explanation how could they pull it off
>out of all the possible bullshit DAoT or secret tech the Imperium could use, they use one that isolates them from the rest of the galaxy, so that they can asspull some Deus Ex Machina
>the new art is so weeb it hurts
>everyone who doesn't suck Tau cock is a butthurt salty Imperial according to the taufags
>>
>>44191317
>the new art is so weeb it hurts
it's not weeb
it's just really shitty
>>
>>44191317
40k is retcon the setting. They always make up new stuff and toss out the old.
>>
File: 1413808375225.jpg (32KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
1413808375225.jpg
32KB, 407x405px
>>44188663
You do realize that if the Imperium goes, everything goes? It's at it's biggest it ever was and we can assume that humanity is at it's biggest too. And if the Emperor dies, it's Chaos time. Unprotected humans will become Warp portals for numerous Daemons, without the Astronomican humanity will tear each other apart, further fueling the Chaos Gods. Why do you think the Dark Eldar are willing to deal with the Mechanicus to fix the Golden Throne? The last thing Eldar want is superboosted Chaos.
Only the Imperium, Eldar and Necrons are able to defeat Chaos. Orks and Tyranids can only weaken them, but not outright destroy them. Tau can't do shit.
>>
File: Emperor Trump.jpg (114KB, 456x469px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor Trump.jpg
114KB, 456x469px
>>44180291
>Comparing Abbadon to Donald Trump

You're not wrong that Trump is a psychopath, but his victory is inevitable.

Embrace the coming darkness and bow before God-Emperor Trump.

If you listen carefully, you can hear the despairing laughter of Doom Paul in the distance.
>>
>>44188568
>or reclaimed by the Eldar?

Have the Eldar ever taken a planet?
>>
File: Zeist.png (512KB, 726x555px) Image search: [Google]
Zeist.png
512KB, 726x555px
>>44191065
>Zeist

A distraction campaign with diversionary forces that allowed the Tau to lose a few undesirable colonies while striking at the planets they actually wanted with theur main force. They secured more worlds and offset the lose of Zeist satisfactory.

>Nimbosa

A back and forth war between the Imperium for the planet. Last we heard it's still raging.

>I conveniently ignore the fluff when it suits me

Piss off.

It's the equivalent of Rob Stark sacrificing a few thousand Northmen to secure Jamie and humiliate Tywin.
>>
>>44191962
>just as planed
>scythed through
>toppled one after the other
>precision onslaught

lol, all that MS
>>
File: Revealation of Kauyon.png (80KB, 1589x362px) Image search: [Google]
Revealation of Kauyon.png
80KB, 1589x362px
>>44191962
Also the Zeist campaign was part of a far bigger campaign known as the Damocles campaign which is one big "Just as Planned" by Aun'Va and Shadowsun.

Everything was going to plan but the death of Aun'Va and the firestorm were unforeseen consequences.
>>
I think the main reason why people get mad at the Tau doing stuff is that they lack any real pedigree to justify their victories other than the fact that it's their gimmick.
And if your gimmick is that you're the new kids on the block who are kicking the teeth in of everybody else with rules to match your going to ruffle some fucking feathers.
Not to mention a lot of the recent writing varies from bland to just plain bad.

I mean it's not like anyone cares whenever Orks ravage a system or Necrons kill fucking everything right?
>>
>>44191906
They generally don't claim take any planets (Exodites are an exception). This would serve no purpose, because 1) this would greatly limit their mobility, 2) number of Eldar births is limited by number of Soul Stones available. Soul Stones are only obtainable on Crone Worlds, which are not really safe to be on.
>>
>>44188508
so what happens when he finds himself at the golden throne about to deal the final blow chaos will break free take over the worlds of mankind hes powerful yea but the gods can exert influence through the warp which will be all over the place without the emperor to keep it in check unless abbadon is a secret loyalist
who will free the emperor from his decaying mortal shell to be resurrected stronger then ever
>>
File: 1340969449665.jpg (42KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
1340969449665.jpg
42KB, 400x270px
I can't get over the fact that the Fire Caste are now losing billions of soldiers in their campaigns against the Imperium.

The only races I want to read losing billions of soldiers are Imperial Guard, Orks, or Nids...
>>
>>44191808
how soon before the elder realize a dying emperor is bad and actually consider working with mankind because if the imperium falls to chaos where could they run
as for the tau some one in the imperium needs to tell them whats up and why their shit
>>
>>44192676
this is the future you chose

buy more riptides
>>
>>44175647
And Gotrek fucked him in the arse.

So who's the 40k equivalent of Gotrek?
>>
>>44183333
He's below a lot of primarchs. The only ones I see him beating are Alpharius, Girlymoan and Lorgar.
>>
>>44192829
I don't think we have one, but maybe Bjorn, Dante, the Obsidian Knight or Cain could fit the bill.
>>
>>44184352
Zeist Campaign shows they know how to combat the Tau. Lightning strikes to bring down defenses, then land soldiers inside the cities rather than a hundred fucking miles from them to give them time to set up their guns. And before you go
>muh distraction
That was still millions of Tau that got sacrificed for a 'distraction'. They could have taken a much larger bit out of the Imperials but they didn't. It shows the Imperials know how to fight the Empire now so it feels like a cheap cop out when they fight like a bunch of orks with fancier tech.

>>44186630
>Pot telling the kettle to stop being black
Not ONE FUCKING EVENT, but the fact that it was hyped up then turned out to be total shit. Imperials take a bunch of stupid pills and forget all the tactics they employed against the Tau in previous campaigns, the Tau act like a bunch of nimrods and feed into that stupid, and in the end it's nothing more than a validation why Farsight's awesome and the rest of the galaxy sucks donkey balls. At least the Armageddon campaign they had the excuse of having a bunch of idiots who inherited their position fucking over everyone, this time it's a crusade with guardsmen, Ad Mech, and Space Marines. For all this talk about 'advancing the story' nothing got advanced. Even the stuff that did change was barely anything to even consider.
>>
>>44192972
Dude, the whole Zeist campaign showed that the Imperium was easily duped and that it wasted its valuable time and resources on distraction while the Tau struck the Imperium below the belt and took chunk from their space.

Instead of having that rapid response force blunt the main Tau drive into Imperial territory, the Tau were given almost free reign to do as they please and grab what worlds they wanted. The Tau already they wouldn't be able to keep the far flung planets in Zeist. It was calculated lose that was instantly worth it.

Now lets examine what happened when the main Tau expansion force met the much bigger Second Damocles Crusade. Let see...The Imperials got BTFO.

No, the Imperim does not know how to fight the Tau. They cannot into strategy. They cannot into tactics. They cannot into history. The firs Damocles Warzone states that he Imperium did not learn from the first Damocles Crusade. They didn't see the Third Sphere came from beyond the Damocles Gulf they thought that sending them back would be as easy as it was before almost 300 years ago. Boy were they wrong.
>>
>>44192972
>Imperials take a bunch of stupid pills and forget all the tactics they employed against the Tau in previous campaigns

Because the Imperium is dogmatic and learns slowly. The Tau adapt and change their tactics constantly. So the tactics and technology they saw in Zeist is not the same they saw in Agrellan and Prefiacia.

In fact, the whole thing was a bait. The Imperial forces were drawn into fighting under the Tau terms where they were outsmarted and outmatched almost constantly.
>>
because imperialfags are fragile man children who can't tolerate a single bruise on their egos and taufags are intolerably smug cunts who will never ever let us forget that their faction like totally snatched some candy from a baby once and only lost two fingers doing it.
>>
>>44192861
I kind of doubt that.

Guilliman and Lorgar in particular are monsters on the table, and would without a doubt beat Abba.
>>
>>44193209
>They didn't see the Third Sphere came from beyond the Damocles Gulf as a real threat*
>>
>>44193329
Draigo one punched Morty. He beat him by one punch. Primarchs ain't nothing.

Heck, Abaddon has allies far stronger than the Primarchs (Be'lakor and Doombreed).
>>
>>44193381
>(Be'lakor and Doombreed)

Meme characters. One of which was killed by the white scars (I'll let you work out which one).
>>
File: Commander_Shadowsun_updated.jpg (58KB, 512x746px) Image search: [Google]
Commander_Shadowsun_updated.jpg
58KB, 512x746px
>tfw you'll never burry your dick so deep into shadowsun whoever pulled it out would be crowned the new emperor of mankind
>>
>>44193381
>a grey knight beat a daemon
whoah call the cops

>Heck, Abaddon can call his dad to beat up your dad
uh, yeah, that speaks volumes to his personal combat capabilities
>>
>>44193399
Doomrider, which is a Slaaneshi daemon prince, was beaten by Kor'ssaro Khan of the White Scars, you dolt.

Doombreed is a Khornate daemon prince stated to be stronger than the Daemon Primarchs.

Be'lakor is outright stated to be the mightiest daemon prince.
>>
>>44193329
I'm not talking about the tabletop.

>>44193381
Draigo wouldn't have beaten a pre-heresy Morty.
>>
>>44174826
The whole point of the setting is "the Imperium is that retarded"
>>
>>44193405
I'm glad of that. She'll have to go back in stasis some time.
>>
>>44193412
Abaddon is blessed by Tzeentch which means he has the power of sorcery at his side as well as brawn.

This makes him capable of doing what Draigo can and even more considering he should know more about Chaos than even Draigo.

>uh, yeah, that speaks volumes to his personal combat capabilities

It speaks volumes about his power and influence to bind these two monsters under his will.
>>
>>44193427

Oh shit I misread. But Doombread jobs to the Blood Angels every 1000 years anyway.
>>
>>44193405
does anyone have a clue what she really looks like or does everyone just draw her as the feel like it
>>
>>44193483
Wrong but not completely wrong. That's Ka'bandha but Doombreed did get beat by the Cheif Librarian of the the Blood Angels.
>>
>>44175296
>And I call my dick "Motherfucker", so fucking what?
Think about what you're saying...
>>
>>44193431
>Draigo wouldn't have beaten a pre-heresy Morty.

Don't be so sure.

Sangy was beaten down by Ka'pandaman a third rate Bloodthirster. Calgar and Dante defeated Angry'roth and Skarbrand. Both are Bloodthirster of a higher order.

The marines have surpassed the Primarchs. It is known.
>>
>>
File: rarepepe.gif (236KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
rarepepe.gif
236KB, 200x193px
>>44173171

Could Shadowsun take Abaddon 1V1 on the tabletop?
>>
>>44180163
This guy knows what he is talking about
>>
>>44193490

From GW themselves
>>
>>44193518
Sang got payback on round two, and his ghost body slammed Ka'bandha from orbit. The score is more favorable to Hawk Boy now.
>>
>>44180163

That second paragraph reads like something out of Age of Sigmar
>>
>>44193585
I was referring to her face which seems to be different in each picture
>>
>>44193552

>When the meme so supreme you must let out a scream
>>
>>44193654
the imperium unleashed its greatest weapon leman Russ's mix tape
>>
>>44193607

Well, she is a a ghost who walks among us, always with the jetpack on, stealth and shrouded. Also body doubles and decoy abuse.
>>
File: Concept_06_L.jpg (244KB, 700x598px) Image search: [Google]
Concept_06_L.jpg
244KB, 700x598px
>>44193607
Facial appearance of a specific character in GW art (though far from just GW art obviously) depends more on the artist than the character being drawn.

On an unrelated note, I see this is yet another thread almost entirely given over to arguing with you-know-who.
>>
>>44193747
Who as usual correct about everything.
>>
Wait, Ghaz isn't the Beast? I just assumed they were one and the same 'The beast of Armageddon' and all that.
>>
File: image.png (131KB, 316x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
131KB, 316x330px
>>44193773
>>
File: 1418007947563.gif (42KB, 989x679px) Image search: [Google]
1418007947563.gif
42KB, 989x679px
>>44174620
I love that we are the settings overlord, but on a personal scale the underdogs. Who gives a shit, Tau are going to be eaten by Nids or Chaos will fuck them the day they forget to wear their fedoras.

Humanity has waxed and waned before. A new human organization would arise from the ashes anyways. Because its fiction. Written by humans. Not that the plot will ever advance.

>>44184898
He's killing two guys with his bike, the sword is lob the head off of that Sargent.

>>44175647
God I wish. But just hard reset, do everything again, including all the good shit, ignoring the wank. Will never go down that way though cuz personal opinions.

>>44175877
The stories he's in he has charisma IF the writer is good. Best he talks as little as possible and disintegrates people with his aura.

>>44187946
It was weeaboo gundam japanawank vs mongols on bikes. I liked it. Asians aren't fans of one another bro.
>>
>>44193558
No one can stump Abaddon. He is the Donald Trump of 40k.
>>
>>44193913
I still think there are hidden enclaves of the DAOT mankind still in hiding creating means to combat all the threats and are waiting for the opportunity to strike
>>
File: 152.jpg (429KB, 1167x1618px) Image search: [Google]
152.jpg
429KB, 1167x1618px
>>44193822
The Beast is a separate warboss first mentioned - very briefly - in the 6th edition rulebook as an Ork whose Waaagh! nearly conquered the galaxy in the 32nd millennium. Aside from Ghazghkull, the title's also been used in previous rulebooks to refer to the Ork race as a whole.
>>
>>44183427
>This coming from the same faction that pulled off a campaign against the Tau earlier and succeeding

which one the only one i know of is the one involving the black templars in the Nimbosa Crusade
>>
>>44193959
Any time would have been perfect. The beginning of the 41st Millennium would have been nice.
>>
>>44194055
He is either referring to Zeist or Nimbosa.
>>
>>44193959
Man I would love if there was another human faction in the unexplored part of space. Unexplored part of space may just be more useful to the story the way it is though.
>>
>>44194107
its part of a small story I came up with to just thinking about what the Daot was like
>>
>>44193747
He was responding with reasonably and politely phrased complete thoughts. I judged that to be behaviour worth reinforcing, in contrast to how those converations usually go. Someone with his resources could be useful if only he would use his powers for good.
>>
>>44193747
>>44194170
what are you guys talking about
>>
>>44193209
>Let see...The Imperials got BTFO.
Because they used tactics similar to Orks. They didn't drop anything into cities or hard points, they just landed out in desert with their thumbs up their ass while the Tau prepared their defenses.

>It was calculated lose that was instantly worth it
Yes but the point is they were still using Tau doctrine to fight. Doctrine that got smothered by lightning raids showing there was a tactic that could work against Tau defense. Something they conveniently forget to employ when they're totally fighting for realsies.
>>
>>44194388
>Because they used tactics similar to Orks. They didn't drop anything into cities or hard points, they just landed out in desert with their thumbs up their ass while the Tau prepared their defenses.

I think they learned that from Kauyon that dropping into Tau territory means a high chance of "Patient Hunter" traps being triggered.

>Doctrine that got smothered by lightning raids

Lightening raids? Yes, those tactics worked so well for the White Scars and Raven Guard in Prefectia.
>>
>>44194388
Wait the book said the tau had shields on their cities and the imperium had to land in the desert to be able to attack the tau
>>
>>44194194
If you can't tell, it's for the best and I envy you.
>>
>>44194541
like chaos
>>
>>44174620
>didn't include any Titans.

orly
>>
How sealing off the damocles gulf will change things what comes next?
>>
>>44194724
gives tau time to recover
>>
>>44194724
-It will force the Tau to look into warp travel technology.

-The isolated TSE colonies and Enclave systems might be in danger from a myriad of threats, and they will have little support from the Empire.
>>
>>44194693
Yeah, did that bother anyone else? A bunch of pictures have Warhounds stomping about, and the text never says anything about them. Were the successful? Were they destroyed en masse like the Baneblades? Is the art team not on speaking terms with the writers? Who knows?
>>
>>44194460
Certainly helped the Ultramarines take back a forge world. On they account they actually raided weaker targets to soften the harder ones

>Yes, those tactics worked so well for the White Scars and Raven Guard in Prefectia.
You mean when they fell for obvious lures into ambushes that decimated their fighting abilities?

Or when they abandoned the use of lightning raids altogether to defend the flanks of Knights which ran off after the Ballistic suits showed up?

>>44194471
Yeah that's dogshit, the Imperium had practical control of orbit. They could have bombed the cities into submission, or maybe cut off the power supply or fuck even just sieging the cities, any number of tactics that doesn't involve walking straight into an obvious killzone.
>>
>>44194835
I'm gonna go with every single piece of established lore that the imperium has 3 things in night unlimited abundance: Bodies, laser weapons, and titans.
>>
Am i the only one that wants to see a full scale chaos/tau war?
I watch the shadowsun try and out tactical genius a bunch of khorne berzerkers and just get a chainaxe in her stupid blue face.
>>
File: 1419617855310.png (185KB, 322x316px) Image search: [Google]
1419617855310.png
185KB, 322x316px
>>44194693

>drones have some sort of engine discharge as they fly around
>>
>>44194968
That would cause a major upheaval in the tau empire
>>
>>44194993
Lpols like an Ion trail from whatever they use to float.
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 960x720px
>>44194968
>wanting Tau to utterly destroy Chaos

They have already killed Slaanesh. Why would you want them to come after the rest of the pantheon?
>>
>>44194876
>Yeah that's dogshit, the Imperium had practical control of orbit. They could have bombed the cities into submission, or maybe cut off the power supply or fuck even just sieging the cities, any number of tactics that doesn't involve walking straight into an obvious killzone.

How big was navy compared to the one in the damocles crusade
>>
>>44195216
The intro text says hundreds of ships.
>>
>>44194968

I want a small scale Chaos infiltration of the human populations of the Tau empire and rumours and whispers of blue armoured giants in scaled power armour sighted amongst different septs.

And then since its GW they have to move Stormsurge and Riptide kits, full daemonic invasion on a sept world. AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS. HEROES WILL BE MADE. PEOPLE WILL DIE. The whole 9 yards.
>>
>>44195802
And then Tau will kill Be'lakor. Good end.
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.