[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

K6BD 1.2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 278
Thread images: 27

File: CWJNr9uUEAApRfx.jpg (101KB, 599x827px) Image search: [Google]
CWJNr9uUEAApRfx.jpg
101KB, 599x827px
So, the 1.2 version of Broken World, the Kill 6 Billion Demons RPG has been uploaded.
Any Patreanons willing to share?
>>
>>44167067
Here's the 1.1 version btw.
>>
>>44167067
Question sempai, what is kill 6 billion demons and why should I care about the rpg?
>>
File: WON10r.jpg (812KB, 850x1100px) Image search: [Google]
WON10r.jpg
812KB, 850x1100px
>>44167087
A pretty awesome webcomic with a cool setting and great art. A little nebulous and mysterious at times, but overall very solid.

And it's creator browses /tg/ and /co/ among other boards.

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/kill-six-billion-demons-chapter-1/
>>
>>44167087
it's a comic. there are people that like the comic that think it would be a fun world to run games in.
If you're not one of those people, then there are plenty of other threads for you on /tg/, not every thread is intended to 100% appeal to you personally.
>>
File: WON18.jpg (143KB, 850x402px) Image search: [Google]
WON18.jpg
143KB, 850x402px
>>44167087
Webcomic set in Gnostic multiverse, based on a mash-up of Hindu and Buddhist imagery/mythology.

If you don't particularly like or care about the comic, then there's not much to care for in the rpg, but if you like punching demons as immortal fire encased in stone armour, you might think about giving it a whirl.
>>
>>44167101
>>44167104
>>44167148
Ah I see, I had seen the name thrown around a few times, thought it was one of them there korean animatronic deals.
>>
File: KSBDRPGv1.2.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
KSBDRPGv1.2.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Here's the major changes:

- The big ones:
-Total overhaul of the damage/health system. It's (I hope) a lot faster and simpler - more like a 'harm' system than a DnD style one. Combat should be quick and more impactful.
- Added an 'advanced martial arts' section for players looking for additional customization options
-Added the Dark Future table for using your character's Flaw
-Added optional Battle and Duel mechanics for using a more structured combat system (round based)

Others:
-No more polyhedral dice, only D6s
-Reworked some tags
-Renamed the Injury roll to Tempt Fate, renamed the Tempt Fate roll (death roll) to Defy Fate
-Reduced the sources of exp gain, now the main way to gain it is through the End session move
-Added a Flourish to each weapon style - now when using a weapon, you have a chance to activate an extra effect
- Took away a lot of +1 moves in favor of a more result-focused move structure that's easier to keep track of
- Reworked a lot of classes' basic moves to be way more juicy, a lot of them were pretty boring and felt low-impact. Biggest changes are to the Law, the Master, the Boss, and the Beggar.
-Changed the way a lot of Fury moves work. Added a few moves to the Refined.
-Clarified how the Boss' gang shenanigans work

>The main source of feedback I'm looking for is how the new damage/health system works out. From the limited testing I did it seemed to work pretty well, but I'm afraid of damage feeling too 'spiky' because of critical hits, and also that making the Tempt Fate roll every time you take damage might be adding needless complication (I'm thinking of changing it to whenever you take wounds instead of any damage).
>>
>>44167286
Thanks a lot anon.

>>44167229
Well, as far as I know, Abbadon currently lives in Japan, so there's that.
>>
File: 1449251672629.jpg (180KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
1449251672629.jpg
180KB, 500x532px
>>44167286
>>
>>44167322
Went stateside in August.
>>
>>44167967
There's me being a fool.
>>
>>44167492
not OP but thanks
>>44168109
don't feel bad, at least you're not as bad as /co/ who constantly keep track of webcomic artists they hate Questionable Content
>>
>>44169423
Why do so many boards hate the very thing they were made to discuss?
>>
>inb4 shill
>inb4 REEEEEEEE STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT THINGS I DON'T LIKE
>>
>>44170206
You have to admit, posts like-
>>44167101
>>44167148
Are extremely shill-like. Considering that people were shilling it in the past here, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if it's just the same shills, but forced to recognize that they need to post about the game and not just the comic here.

I kind of wish they just toned down their shill-like behavior earlier, before this whole thing became such an issue,
>>
>>44169945
Familiarity breeds contempt.
>>
>>44169945
I'm pretty sure it's just one anon
>>
>>44172421
Across all the boards? What dedication.
>>
>>44172455
no just on /tg/, one guy obsessed with the word 'shill', it's kind of weird and creepy
>>
>>44170285
>guys, what is this thing
>[explains the thing]
>SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL
m8.
>>
>>44170285
>shill-like
Voicing a positive opinion of something and/or "This is kind of neat, check it out" does not automatically equal "shill," Anon.
>>
>>44172421
Probably. I imagine it's one or two guys who come here to try to make themselves feel better during the time they aren't fapping to unspeakable things in the dark of their mother's basement.
>>
>>44171683

And children.
>>
>>44167322
He lives in Portland, like all good hipsters.
>>
>>44167286
So, the hunter in this is lame. The other classes get some really awesome, distinctive abilities (like the Master being able to swat away blows from enemies of any size, or the Law being able to become literally immovable or use SHINING FINGER). The hunter abilities feel highly restricted for reasons I am at a loss to understand.

Let's look at the schools:
>Viper School
The benefit is somewhat small and the penalty is somewhat severe, but I would say in general for character abilities in this game the penalties are severe.
>Fox School
This is unclear. It is one single sound, or one single time? If it's the former it should be unlimited (and it should probably be one single sound you've heard in the last X hours, rather than one single sound full stop), if it's the latter it should probably be any sound you've heard.
>Spider School
Climb sheer surfaces! At half speed. With appropriate tools.This is considered on par with abilities like 'cannot be refused' 'force the enemy to comply or attack' and 'be the fucking flash in battle'? It should just be scale sheer surfaces, period.
>Bat School
There's something appealing about the image of this one but again it feels very limited in power compared to other class moves. The obvious improvement is, in dim light or darkness you can fly. You could also let it let you teleport through shadows.
>Lizard School
It should work when someone is aware of you if you can break line of light. This feels like it conflicts with the devil hunter's core ability, so I'm not a fan of it.
>Centipede School
This one is fine.

Close Eyes and Still Hearts is an ability that skips over what would be gameable situations in one move. That isn't unprecedented in *World games and I can see the advantage in skipping over a solo spy section the hunter is playing out, but I'm still not sold on the move.

>(cont)
>>
>>44174106
Practiced Killer is okay. It should apply outright to any weapon you start with, which few GMs will argue but which isn't stated directly. I'm not sure about it taking effect on a rest and would be tempted to make it 'you have owned for one day or more'. The secondary benefit is pretty much a flavor thing but I'm not opposed to it (I would include a clause that it does not apply to people you have trained to use the weapon, nor to other students of your school).

Onto moves:
>Synchronize Atum
Okay but it could last longer and would still be fine, IMO. It could last until you choose another target, even.
>Mantra of Aesma
Solid.
>Silent Atum
Solid.
>Sense Atum
I think this and Synchronize Atum might be better folded into each other.
>Aesma's Claw
Should give [pierce +1] not [pierce 1].
>Second Blade
Fine, in line with the other classes.
>Intensive Study
Fine but see above, the schools themselves are kind of lame.
>Vanish without Trace
Solid.

Advances Moves are all much better actually, but Predator Wasp could last longer and would still be fine, as above. Toad feels a little weak and just not that interesting, I think this one could do with a rewrite. Scorpion, Moth and Panther are all very cool and I like them a lot. Crab School should probably be [pierce +2] rather than [pierce 2] as above.

I forgot about the race abilities so to cover them: Angel is great, Servant is okay, Human is kind of meh considering you get so many proficiency choices anyway (and it feels weird that it's basically the locked-in 'use a great gun' choice), Devil doesn't feel super distinct from Lizard school.

Overall I think Hunter still has cool stuff showing through but feels like it unduly restricted and given less free reign than the other classes, and I don't really get that.
>>
>>44174106
IMO, assassin should always be the least pushed class in terms of special abilities in all RPG's. Stealth is incredibly powerful, and stealth-killing is the ultimate solution to almost any narrative puzzle.
In spite of that the Hunter feels weak and doesn't seem as interesting or deep as the other classes. Almost anything it can do the Refined can do better, but that's mostly because the Refined is bananas
>>
>>44174455
The stealth ability it does get is extremely powerful, though. Like if stealth is the problem it has a crazy good stealth ability, and yet for some reason despite being the class that explicitly has the crazy wuxia kung fu schools going on it gets very restricted options for them (of course the Beggar has a strong wuxia influence too).
>>
Why are the images so much blurrier in 1.1 and 1.2 than 1.0?
>>
>>44174537
Possibly artifacts sneaking in?
>>
I need a devil name generator /tg/.
>>
>>44175923
hymmnoserver.uguu.ca

string words together as you please.
>>
File: Angels.png (56KB, 733x145px) Image search: [Google]
Angels.png
56KB, 733x145px
>>44175923
>>44175963
Speaking of names, Here's the link to the Angel name generator again. Pretty much a requirement for these threads.

http://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8Vja9JPT
>>
>>44177086
Also one for the guilds. Should've been in the previous post.
http://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=xFm4xRE1
>>
Has anyone actually played it yet? What characters did you use? What adventures did you run?
>>
>>44173262
>>44173282
There's a bit of a difference between "positive opinion" and "You should totally read this awesome and amazing comic that's so great and check out the links below and be sure to subscribe."

On the internet, extending the benefit of the doubt is just being naive, especially when it's not even the first offense.
>>
>>44177932
Man contrarianism is all over 4chan, it's fucking retarded to try and justify it with 'muh shill' shit. K6BD is a good comic, people are gonna praise it.
>>
>>44167286
Thanks. Given new Burning Will things and Flaws, I wonder just what is Allison's Flaw? I'd guess either impatience or ignorance.
>>
>>44177932
You realize the author namefags here and on /co/? If he was shilling the you'd know.
>>
>>44177976
Look at you shilling for that other anon
>>
>>44177976
It's a passable comic. Decent webcomic, but as far as comic standards go, it's got enough flaws to make the accusations of shilling ring with some truth, especially when the praise gets a little outlandish and starts to heap accolades even on its weak points.

>>44178786
There's really no way to prove someone is or isn't shilling on an anonymous image board. That's why it's kind of important to keep a level head and not praise things to the point where even people who like the comic have to say "Whoa, chill dude. The Death of Socrates this ain't."
>>
>>44178791
Look at you shilling yourself for shilling that other anon
>>
>>44170285
>basic explanation of what it is
>"if you don't like or care about the comic, you probably won't like or care about this RPG"
>"extremely" shill-like
If these guys are shills they're not very good at their job.
>>
>>44179132
>It's a passable comic. Decent webcomic, but as far as comic standards go, it's got enough flaws to make the accusations of shilling ring with some truth, especially when the praise gets a little outlandish and starts to heap accolades even on its weak points.
We can agree to disagree, but obviously I have a really high opinion of K6BD. It's like Moebius in terms of scale and while the art is not there it has character intricacies that Moebius has never had for me - I was really 100% sold on it and knew I would be reading it to the finish when 82 confronted Delicious in the void. The only real problem I have with it is that Allison is by far the worst character in the comic.
>>
>>44177086
I like that last one in the image there.
>>
>>44179132
Are you the guy who was going "literally all the dialogue is terrible"? I'm still waiting on a specific example.

If you aren't, I'd like to hear what you think are its flaws. Off the top of my head, I don't think the author can quite hit the '36 lessons of vivec' tone he's going for with some of the text stories and they end up feeling silly to me, though I like their content. Sometimes the dialogue really hits where its going like with Vladok or the demiurge meeting, but sometimes its just sort of weird and flat (don't really know how to specify this, I'd have to find a page I felt was off). Other than that I have no complaints.

I mean, the fact that it updates on a regular schedule, has well-formed colour art and isn't mired in the authors fetishes easily puts it into the top 5% of webcomics just to start. When you add in a really unique aesthetic, deepest lore, and shortstack imps, people are gonna be enthusiastic. I've seen people complain about the pace, but I just don't see it. Gunnerkrigg went on for what, 5 years before we really had any idea of the bigger picture of what was going on? Vattu has been going for 5 years and still hasn't gone anywhere significant. I've made peace with OOTS. Meanwhile KSBD has laid out the basics of the world, the antagonists, the protags, and Alice has already gotten past the "freaked out by everything" stage of adjustment in just two years. And we've only had multiple updates a week for a couple months now. Plus, it hopefully won't fall into the kickstarter pit like homestuck or ava's demon.
>>
>>44179463
>Are you the guy who was going "literally all the dialogue is terrible"?
He hasn't used the phrase "damage control" yet, so I'm not sure.
>>
>>44170285
guy c'mon

>>44167087
literally asked why they should care

that's asking a bit more than just explaining a thing and going into "why do you like the thing"

I'd understand if it was out of nowhere but someone literally asked
>>
>>44167286
Man I'm really liking the martial arts. I see 82's style is in there. I really think the unarmed combat in the game needed this, and the flourishes - makes it much more flavourful.
>>
>>44167286
You're a living saint.
>>
No one I play with reads K6BD, so that's me high and dry

>>44167286
thank anyway, yo
>>
File: preview.jpg (121KB, 600x255px) Image search: [Google]
preview.jpg
121KB, 600x255px
>>44174106

Hello sir!

Just caught this in the catalogue. This is really good feedback, thanks. I will probably tweak a lot of those school abilities - the Spider one for example has a straight up typo (should be withOUT tools) and should be way stronger.

>>44174537
I'm not sure why! I'll take a look at it, it might be my compression settings

>>44179463

Hey man if you can find me an example of the weird dialogue I'd appreciate it, I actually have done a few re-reads and tweaks when stuff reads strange

If you guys have any other feedback points let me know, I actually got a lot of really useful stuff from the last /tg/ thread on this. If this thread sticks around I'll check it periodically.

For content here's a bit of the page I'm working on atm
>>
>>44183890
Suddenly ABBADON
Glad you're taking feedback
but what is your Flaw?
>>
>>44183890
I can't resist the opportunity
After all the stuff with Vladok when are we gonna see HIMSELF
>>
>>44184315
HARD QUESTION anon, I'd have to say being stubborn maybe

>>44184454
yeah man! In the next story arc Cio has to go ask for his blessing on something
>>
>>44183890
>Hey man if you can find me an example of the weird dialogue I'd appreciate it
Nothing really stands out as especially bad or weird to me. There was an Anon in a thread here last week screaming "Shill!!!1!" and going on about the dialog being bad, saying "Literally all of it!" when pressed for examples, accusing anyone who argued with him of doing "damage control," and generally being an all-around shitter.
>>
>>44184699
Oh my goodness, I am so glad i opened this thread. I'm loving KSBD so far, it's so refreshingly original. You've put so much work into it, and it really shows. You should be incredibly proud of your work.

I'm currently rereading for the stories and notes in the descriptions, i missed them when i first read KSBD. I'm thoroughly enjoying aesma and the three masters, and talking to the commenters as yisun was fantastic.

Can't wait for her dickhead of a boyfriend to become completely irrelevant.

Best comic, i look forward to what comes next.
>>
I just want to post this message here after binge-reading K6BD:
CioCio a CUTE. CUTE, I SAY.

Now that's off my chest, I must say I'm impressed with the scope of worldbuilding going on. Can we get more info on the Black Speech, and the various guilds on Throne and beyond? Hell, maybe there's more important realms besides Throne and (if it counts) Void Between Worlds.
>>
>>44183890
With the martial arts styles you've got, some of them are obviously in the comic already. But would Maya be considered as a user of 'Bearer of Legend'?
>>
>>44179728
Oh man, I remember that.

Fond mutual memories.
>>
>>44183890
One of my major problems with the dialogue is when characters suddenly break out into three or more pages of exposition in dire and/or simply inappropriate moments. It just feels forced. And when we have a good opportunity to get some exposition come naturally into a scene where there's time for that the dialogue takes a 180 turn and now they are talking about something really forced again. (No, I'm not upset not learning about Cio's past. I'm upset about them not talking abut it when it comes up naturally in conversation.)

As for the RPG update I'm generally on board with it and I only have a few major gripes.
1.) Pilgrim Fist. As it stands you can mark experience nearly every time you rest. Why wouldn't anyone take this? It's waaay overpowered. I mean if the group spend most of it's time in the wilderness it can be OK, but what about urban campaigns dammit? When I'll GM this (sometime in January) I don't plan on my players leaving Throne for a long time.
2.) The Refined. Exquisite Will in particular. It just means you have an "I win social interaction forever" button, and it doesn't do anything interesting. I mean, yes, as a GM I can counter the players from getting everything they want by making them walk in circles as everyone points to the other guy, but that's not fun. It's also not fun for the player who was expecting to get the same excitement from a difficult haggle or an intense negotiation that others get from combat, but can shut it down with a simple level 1 move. Fury wouldn't be as fun to play, if it got a move at level 1 that said: "you kill your enemy forever." So please make this an interesting mechanic instead of the lazy and unimaginative win button it is now.
>>
>>44185367
>Can't wait for her dickhead of a boyfriend to become completely irrelevant.
You and literally everyone in the comic, including, to be perfectly frank, Allison herself.
>>
As a minor note Preem Abadon:
Alot of the 'assumed' Basic moves get listed in full length several times throughout the book, Mayhap give a section where you can refrence it to the page number. Vis a vie "when a character uses Strike the Earth pg123.
It seems redundant to me to place them errywhere like ornaments on a tree.

Also, maybe a Item for shields. +1, and or +2 armor but at a -1 foreward.

Also 'character sheet' has no space for power dice

You rock and are amazing
>>
>>44183890
Well take it with a pinch of salt. I haven't played your game yet. I have played other *World games though and for whatever reason hunter stuck out as the odd duck in this one.

One thing I do think is worth asking is what the power segregation of moves/advanced moves Dungeon World does is doing for your game.
>>
>>44183890
Hey Abbadon!

I was wondering about something, is the division between the Red Art Of Dominion and the White Art Of Division still a discrete thing, or has it become a writing artifact or apocryphal detail by now? I've been getting the impression from the comic and the rpg lately that the classifications may be more academical than discrete.
>>
>>44185367
>Can't wait for her dickhead of a boyfriend to become completely irrelevant.

Let's be fair, guys. We've seen him in a grand total of two scenes, and he was unconscious in one of them, and in the other, he was (awkwardly) trying to have sex with a virgin, and when he noticed how tense and uncomfortable she was, he offered to stop.
>>
>>44167087
A comic that had a lot of potential but is currently one of the shittiest comics ive seen in a while.

Seriously, the last 15 pages have been dog shit.
>>
>>44183890
Hi ABBADON, I love your work on both the comic and the RPG! I was just wondering, pretty much every character we've seen can be classed and statted, but I wasn't sure if Layla would be the Hunger or the Refined.
>>
>>44188013
Here's your reply.
>>
>>44188013
If you didn't like the drinking competition and the singing and the amazing way a drunk ass Allison dealt with an unbound devil, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>44188066
Also It cemented the demon color order.
>>
>>44188056
>>44188066
I'm also not a big fan, and it may be because Allison is just awkward to look at, and it's weird when she tries to act like a badass.
>>
>>44188089
Which I would love to see classed in the rpg. What bonuses and requirements are required to...upmask
>>
>>44188094
>it's weird when she tries to act like a badass.
She didn't though?
>>
>>44188284
What's... upmask?
>>
>>44188284
I was under the impression that it isn't a concrete power level, as Cio seems pretty strong compared to many demons (given she's all but confirmed ex-ebon, but still)
Plus, I like the idea of refined demons using slip masks and laugh to do just that, change their apparent mask color.
>>
Was the sergeant and his watchman's eye a reference to discworld's commander sam vimes? THE watchman.
>>
>>44188451
I think he meant how demons go up and down the hierarchy. We've seen how they can go down: power decreases with number of names given during binding, and with time since the last binding/pact. We've yet to (explicitly) see how a demon can gain power.
>>
>>44189340
Iii know I was trying to make a joke. Presumably they maintain their current names/masks through pacts, and by acquiring power or murdering summoners who bind their names they can shave them off.
>>
>>44189408
Oh, like "what's updog?" i get it.
>>
File: preview.jpg (525KB, 850x1100px) Image search: [Google]
preview.jpg
525KB, 850x1100px
>>44186407
I think Maya would be a Fury, she probably would be a Bearer of Legend for game purposes

>>44186841
I actually agree with you on the dialogue thing, on re-reads it has seemed a little weird but I can't really do much with it at the moment. I am guilty of this in the very next page, but we actually will get back to Allison confronting Cio about her backstory almost immediately afterwards.

I might change Pilgrim Fist to activate only when you rest in a new location. Exquisite Will was never meant to be 'win social interaction' button, just to introduce more options to the GM/player. I may re-write how it's phrased - it's meant to be more that the Refined can be denied, but only through excuses, which the players can seize on. For example a guard could deny access to a building because they don't have the proper permit (without saying no), so players have to go off and fabricate or get a permit - that creates story.

Really good feedback, thanks!

>>44187289
I'll look into it. Character sheet maybe should have a spot for dice but they're meant to be on a 'per session' thing and be physical objects

>>44187385
There are certain effects I want to gate off for higher level characters, like the hunger's ability to literally warp reality. I might swap up some of the moves so you can access them earlier (already have for a few characters).

>>44187490
Still there! There's an RPG section about it in the lore bit, the first part I wrote (not in the playtest yet)

>>44188040
Hunger using Vertigo Bullet probably

>>44189334
No, but I fucking love the night's watch books

>>44188094
Allison is supposed to be kind of awkward and frumpy, and it is supposed to come off as weird, so I think it's fine to feel that way

It's ok not to like my comic, guys, it's not a reflection of taste or anything if you don't, I don't mind if people don't read it

ps here's the next page lines for you guys
>>
>>44191566
Is there anything in the RPG you are wanting to concentrate on? I can try to playtest some shit in the next week or two.
>>
>>44191566
>I actually agree with you on the dialogue thing, on re-reads it has seemed a little weird but I can't really do much with it at the moment.
No problem, just keep it in mind for the future.

>I might change Pilgrim Fist to activate only when you rest in a new location.
Please also include some sense of how big this location should be. Like you can only mark XP in Throne four or five times, because after that you just revisit old locations.

>Exquisite Will was never meant to be 'win social interaction' button, just to introduce more options to the GM/player. I may re-write how it's phrased - it's meant to be more that the Refined can be denied, but only through excuses, which the players can seize on. For example a guard could deny access to a building because they don't have the proper permit (without saying no), so players have to go off and fabricate or get a permit - that creates story.
It seems I have completely misunderstood what you wanted with that move.
Thanks for the answers! I'm sorry I can't help more, but I won't be able to properly test it out until January.
>>
How would you stat Allison with this system?
>>
>>44183890
>Alright! Boobies!

This comic needs more upsaras doing tantric sex positions and large-breasted black-skinned demonesses supping on viands.
>>
>>44192493
I would guess a Fated at a very low level, right now.

I think I'm more confused about Cio. What's her deal? Is she a Master? A Hunger? A Refined? I think the question's been answered before, but I don't remember what Abbadon said before.
>>
>>44195062
Imma say hunger. She did steal a Magus Gate. Only one to ever do so. Was probably an ebony demon. Hubris and the Hunger for more power probably busted her back down. To a blue
>>
>>44195062
Hunger with Master multiclass. Or at least I'd do it that way.
>>
I know I'm late but here are my questions, dear Santa ABBADON.
I'm an avid reader and a comics artist myself so my questions are of the artistic kind. Your use of color is pretty much undeniably cool, but what about the trait? Do you work on the lineart digitally from the beginning or do you scan some pencils and work from there? Because I believe you could get much better on that front. I understand that it's might be hard to keep on schedule and deliver all that cool stuff while thinking about what's ahead and testing the rpg rules, so don't worry about that. But keep reference for dynamic anatomy, diversify your lines (thin and thick) and work more on the line.
That being said, it's just some advice, so keep going and take what you want of it.
About the rpg it's cool the way it is now, are you going to add implements to wield the art anytime in the future?
>>
>>44192493
>>44195062
Allison would probably be a low level Fated, Cio is a Hunger with the Master multi-class move and an implement

>>44195704
I do work on the lineart from the beginning. You're right in that my lines and anatomy aren't the best, it's definitely something I could work on. I try to improve my art holistically though and they are serviceable for my production rate I think. If my comic was just lineart or black and white I think I would work way more on the lines.

Production seems to me to be a huge part of successful comics work. For example, Fiona Staples, who does Saga, doesn't actually draw the most complicated or the best backgrounds - they are extremely rough or simple. But she has cool, expressive characters, the comic is well written, everything else is drawn well, and she does 20+ pages a god damn month, which is just incredible.

If I'm trying to put a lot more into a page I'll definitely look at my lines first, and I appreciate the feedback. If I need to improve as an artist, it's definitely there, you are right.

Implements are already in under the Implement style, I think the Hunger, Master, and Refined can use them. I left it pretty open as to what they actually are.
>>
>>44195929
Thanks! And given what you said here >>44184699 I would guess that Himself is her patron for her Dread Sorcery. It'd explain a few things, and also why she's so desperate.
>>
File: North40.jpg (218KB, 900x1391px) Image search: [Google]
North40.jpg
218KB, 900x1391px
>>44195929
After North 40 I would really like Fiona Staples to do one of these Archie horror imprint things.
>>
>>44195929
Odd question. But say I dropped some money into your Patreon or similar. Could I get you to draw in and or mention The Guild of Edens Gardener's; or draw in a character into the background of a busy market street? Cause I totally would. somehow linking this Rpg group of Broken Worlds I've got going with your cannon a tiny bit
>>
>>44196781
>The Guild of Edens Gardener's;
Tell me this apostrophe holocaust was intentional.
>>
>>44196781
just submit something or link me via e-mail man if it's cool I'll totally jam it in the comic
>>
>>44196823
Nope. That was the phone, making me spell the Fool.

Granted weve only got so much to work with on the lore. But my Focus for play testing this here Rpg is said guild.
Keeping Eden new and beautifull through Eugenics, contract assassination, slavery and politicking throughout the Throne. Generally met with people mucking about in their business of just wanting to make humans and servants as pretty, classy and intelegent as possible through the liberal application of murder and money
>>
>>44196971
You make me giddy as a school girl on sunday.
>>
>>44197021
>>44196971
Probably would help if I had the email up correctly
>>
>viral threads of patreon rpg of shitty webcomic
Christ, /tg/ falls lower every year. or maybe its the whole internet?
>>
>>44197414
A pox upon your house, vile brigand.
>>
>>44197447
Man I'm not a fan of that post either but this reply is a thousand times worse. Please go back to /reddit/ just as soon as you like.
>>
>>44197414
Here's your other reply.
>>
>>44197414
Maybe you're just getting old.
>>
>>44197447
>>44197471
Would you prefer:
A: go fugg yerself
B: you sir, are a birth defect...a blight upon humanity
One of which takes at least two braincells
>>
>>44197447
Ah come on. I wouldn't mind if they were advertising stealthly because they got published by an editor and got only crumbles. patreon makes money appear straight into their pockets, and the sole fact they got backed means they already have a decently sized user pool. so this is seriously some redundant jew bellring
plus the comic is pretty shit. but I guess tastes and all that
>>44197503
definitely. kickstarter, patreon and all that shit just give me the itches. I don't like how easily you can monetize everything today.
>>
Given the nature of Angels in this universe, what happens when one of the Prime's reencarnate, do.they just whoosh back into their stone armor what could be a Guild Halls base of operations or do they get a new smaller one like White Chains?.
Because the former would be the proverbial bug bomb. Smooshing all the poor souls that called it's carcass home for 1000 years
>>
>>44197552
I would prefer you just didn't reply to obvious shitposts like you actually did have two braincells.
>>
>>44197574
That which cannot adapt, is doomed to die.

Unless you are an alligator
>>
>>44197574
I'm not sure if you understand the difference between kickstarter and patreon, or that the patreon is for the comic.

And putting aside the fact both kickstarter and patreon can easily be abused, the idea it's a bad thing that creative work can easily be monetized by its makers is kind of crazy.
>>
>>44197661
I'm not really that enthusiast at the idea of bending and presenting my loins to the future without a sound. guess I'll start taking alligator classes after the holidays
>>
Personally I think Alisons boyfrendu is going to turn out be be a right badass. Creeper or no
>>
>>44197880
I hope that in line with Abaddon writing fictional characters into comic from outside sources, he will write in that one head mutant who could pilot bodies from the John Carter of Mars series and Zaid will be decapitated instantly upon meeting Allison and then controlled by a weird head mutant forever.
>>
Why doesn't Vivec have a cameo yet? It could be from behind even.
>>
>>44198031
What other fictional characters has he written in?
>>
>>44198087
Or at least Cat stroking Muatra gentle in the comfort of her domicile
>>
>>44198124
The paper bird is a bigger version of one from another webcomic I think?
>>
>>44198124
Well, in altered form: Jadis, Solomon David, Jagganoth. To some extent this may apply to all the demiurges (although Gog-Agog seems markedly different from its biblical inspiration, and more like Oz's Princess Langwidere). Plus all the submitted characters I suppose.
>>
>>44198202
Who is the fem-demi urge welding the katana?
>>
>>44197574
>I don't like the idea that artists can be paid for their work without jumping though the hops and loops of finding a big publisher

What the fuck is wrong with you? No really Anon, unless you're name is Scrooge MacCopyright what the hell is up?
>>
>>44198303
I do not know which one you mean. There are seven demiurges:
1) Mammon - Hellboy-looking insect dog thing
2) Incubus - multiversal creepy Bowie
3) Jagganoth - invincible angry elephant man
4) Jadis - genocide and chill
5) Gog-Agog - what's wrong with your faaaaace
6) Mottom - PERISH gluttonous witch, my fave
7) Solomon David - excellently sculpted beard, probably has Himself in a box somewhere

On one of the demiurge pages there's a fan showing a fat black woman with a sword. If you mean here, it seems clear from the comic it is Maya, who has joined the pursuers. She also wears Incubus' symbol.
>>
>>44198404
+1 to you
>>
>>44198404
>She also wears Incubus' symbol.
Shit, really? Which symbol is that?
>>44198397
Please do not reply to shillanon.
>>
>>44198439
中 - I think it's Chinese for 'middle'.
>>
File: ksbd53-54.jpg (2MB, 1800x1165px) Image search: [Google]
ksbd53-54.jpg
2MB, 1800x1165px
>>44198404
>those summaries for the demiurges
Good taste.

>>44198439
It's that symbol on her back here. It's the 中 kanji, which means 'inside'. I remember hearing elsewhere that it was a reference to the Central Japan army, see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Army_(Japan)
>>
I just realised Zaid might be in Mottom's summer palace so Allison might be reunited with him really soon.
>>
>>44198504
>inside
Is Auntie Maya lewd?
>>
>>44198504
I really really really really want to play as a gigantic golden baby
>>
How about the Corrupted Gatekeeper guild master. Mr.NOT IN MY HOUSE androsphynx.
That would just be terrifying, how then would it fall or be corrpted? there are like 4 protecting the Magus Gate when cat shows Allison the view from outside her widow
>>
>>44198676
I really wanna know just what that Servant race was made for. For what purpose do you need giant gold babies?
>>
>>44167148
>Gnostic multiverse
Do you even know what gnosticism is, you ignorant cunt? I'm pretty sure you have no perspective on historical religions if fucking gnosticism is the oneyou go to first.
>>
>>44199313
I'm not that guy, and while the actual cosmology doesn't really fit with any historical gnostic religions, the word demiurge is obviously going to conjure such associations, even if they aren't perfect fits.
>>
>>44167286
>Total overhaul of the damage/health system. It's (I hope) a lot faster and simpler - more like a 'harm' system than a DnD style one. Combat should be quick and more impactful.
I guess we're following trends. Not sure if this is a good implementation either, looks like it's just a countdown to Defy Fate rolls.

Dark Futures seem kind of severe, since if you want a good end they pretty much rule out the use of the Flaw. Either immediately, or after you hit the threshold for how bad of an end you want.

The addition of battles and duels is cool for the big-deal fights.

I like d6, makes it good to sell the game to non-gamers and makes statistics easy.

Flourishes are cool, but the Beggar's improvised weapon proficiency is missing one.
>>
>>44179877
>literally asked why they should care
>implying that's not a shill giving himself an opening to shill less suspiciously
>implying you're not the shill too
>>
>>44195971
All devils are ruled by some scary motherfucker named Himself who is literally locked away in an obsidian coffin because he's too much of a beast; Himself is the only devil without a mask
>>
>>44199842

>literally responding to a post over 24 hours old
>tfw everyone is shill but who was phone?
>>
>>44199559
Demiurge and Aeon.
Also the creation myth bears a strong resemblance to one of the variations of gnosticism. The black and white gods are basically the syzygys to YISUN's monad.
>>
>>44183890
>if you can find me an example of the weird dialogue I'd appreciate it
Do you have a feedback repository to which we could direct that shit?

>I actually got a lot of really useful stuff from the last /tg/ thread on this.
Do you check the archives? Recent /tg/ threads have been plagued by either over-enthusiastic faggots (AKA shills) and other faggots complaining about shilling.

The guy ranting about it did so on the basis of Wielder of Names 2:33. I think his complaints are invalid on the basis that a drunk nerd trying to look cool SHOULD have shitty unnatural dialogue.

>>44186841
Some of the exposition is bad, yes. The scene where the Judas Priest album cover serves tea to the tranny angel was definitely too direct about it. I do think it provides some character, though, that the long-winded exposition is limited to angels mostly.

>>44191566
>I am guilty of this in the very next page
Well fucking stop it.
>we actually will get back to Allison confronting Cio about her backstory almost immediately afterwards.
That's not any fucking better. Hunting palefaces just tracked them down. It should be a chase scene now. Backstory exposition instead of general worldbuilding exposition is, I guess, less out of place logically but it's still terribly misplaced in terms of pacing. You build a fantastic dramatic high up to WoN 2:26 and since then you've been squandering it into nothing.
>>
>>44199909
Where are you from? /b/? /v/? If you want to act like you're on a fast board, post on one.
>>
>>44191566
>physical objects
Bad idea. This game, not being D&D, is probably going to see a lot of its play digitally.

>>44191566
>There are certain effects I want to gate off for higher level characters
Although he used the word "what" I think it was meant to be "why" question. So... Why?

>>44195929
>If I need to improve as an artist
If you don't think you do, you're probably not an artist at all.
>>
I love how this thread got more than 50 unique posters but this guy's still of the belief there's just one guy being paid to astroturf.
>>
I don't even know this setting at all and I have an Idea for a Baron Samedi-esque refined who stole the secrets of magic from the cultists as part of his quest for apotheosis. Drinks and smokes.
>>
>>44200413

I'm sure he'll get back to calling you a shill tomorrow.
>>
>>44199818
I am a little worried about the health/damage balance but I want to keep things high stakes and combat last only a few moves - not to drag out into dnd round based rolling sessions

You're right about the beggar, I'll fix that!

>>44200222
if you've got feedback e-mail me at [email protected], I'm totally open to it. I agree with your sentiment for the most part, but pacing is going to be a little weird when you're reading 2-3 pages a week without being able to see where the arc of the story goes in the next 30-40. I do notice stuff on re-reads though and have gone back and tweaked stuff in the past.

>>44200402
that's true, I hadn't thought about the digital angle, I'll pop a space in for them
>>
>>44197552
>>44197447
I would prefer you pay at least lip service to global rule 6.
>>
>>44198202
>submitted characters
Which ones re submitted?
>>
>>44198504
>kanji
>not hanzi
ABBADON please clarify which moonrunes are being used. The trendy weeb ones or the imperial ones with an ancient history on from which the former were derived.
>>
>>44200681
>e-mail
Uh
Suppose we don't want to need an identity
>>
>>44200681
>pacing is going to be a little weird when you're reading 2-3 pages a week
I based this comment on going back over it; the cold read pacing rather than webcomic pacing. Reading it as it's posted, you lose the sense of urgency anyway.
>>
I'm sure there's more to the world than what's been put in the game, right? right?
>>
>>44201445
the whole lore bible section is missing from it

>>44200846
You could always make a throwaway g-mail account, but you could also submit something through the submit button on my site (will take you to the KSBD tumblr) anonymously and it'll get to me if you want to stay anon. You might need tumblr for it though.

>>44200818
glorious zhonguo runes man
>>
>>44201493
>tumblr
That's even worse. I think I'll just shitpost about it here and wait for it to get to you.
>>
Hey Abbadon is Cio a virgin? THIS IS IMPORTANT
>>
>>44201689
Of course she's not.
>>
>>44201689
>Devil
>Virginal
Pick exactly one.
>>
Will we see more of Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire?
>>
>>44201742
Not to mention she has an ex-boyfriend and they interact like adults, not teenagers.
>>
>>44201720
I have to know
>>
>>44201742
>Fanfiction writers
>not virginal
Pick exactly one.
>>
>>44201859
Devils aren't virgins even if they haven't had sex.
>>
>>44201834
I don't remember anything like that happening
>>
>>44201885
Well, they're born without hymens of course. So I guess it depends on your definition.
>>
>>44201689
she's married anon

>>44201826
yes
>>
File: puking.jpg (138KB, 514x609px) Image search: [Google]
puking.jpg
138KB, 514x609px
>>44201920
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 850x1100px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 850x1100px
>>44201907
This guy.
>>
>>44201920
Why does Jagganoth wear the mask?
>>
>>44202108
And how painful would it be if the mask was to be pulled off?
>>
>>44202108
No one cared who he was until he put on the mask
>>
>>44202128
Is it possible that's the only way he can be killed?
>>
I like this new stuff a lot.
You're finally diverging from being a vanilla Apocalypse World hack, you have some mechanics I haven't seen before.

Fated is still boring, though. Mechanically sound, but dull in comparison to everything else, I see them taking a lot of the new martial arts options just to get some pizzazz. I understand the need for reguladude, but I wasn't even considering playing a Fated until this draft allowed me to ignore all but a couple of their default-list advanced moves.
>>
>>44201920
To whom?
>>
>>44202359
Me. Hands off.
>>
>>44201920
>Cio is married

Literally what
>>
>>44202128
Extremely.
>>
>>44202298
That's a good point about the Fated. I actually noticed something similar about the older version of the Master. I'll probably dive back in and see if I can't roll some moves together and add a few cooler ones

>>44202359
Preem Nand
Big spoiler right here ^ for the comic

>>44202108
He's powerfully fucked up under there and this >>44202157 anon is right
>>
>>44204120
Huh. I guess "bereft" was the proper term, then.
>>
>>44204120
Weeeell fuck, that makes things very interesting, doesn't it?
>>
File: sloadapproved.jpg (99KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
sloadapproved.jpg
99KB, 500x438px
>>44204120
>that spoiler
ohhhh shiiittt son
>>
>>44204120
Business arrangement or romantic?
You don't have to respond if that's too big a spoiler.
>>
>>44204120
Poor guy. I eagerly anticipate learning more through the comic.
>>
>>44204120
If it doesn't fit elsewhere, please do a ~three page side comic about their love life. Just a quick lineart thing.I wanna see if it's a cute relationship or what.
>>
File: 35465386.jpg (37KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
35465386.jpg
37KB, 500x376px
>>44204120
The Fury nears perfection, though. It's amazing at its job and has many fun ways to do it. Godslayer or breaker of armies, wrecking ball or fist of the north star.
How that class sits right now is the standard everything should be measured by.
>>
>>44204413
There is no way that's a cute relationship.
>>
>>44200681
>pacing is going to be a little weird when you're reading 2-3 pages a week without being able to see where the arc of the story goes in the next 30-40
See, that's the point, sometimes the page balance it's important as much as the balance between multiple pages.
>>
File: WON40.jpg (946KB, 900x1165px) Image search: [Google]
WON40.jpg
946KB, 900x1165px
>>44204285
>>44204413
It's not great for Cio

Here's the page, anons.

>>44205998
I'm primarily writing this to not really be read week-to-week, it's kind of an excuse to be putting a graphic novel online.

That said, I see the concern and 4chan for whatever reason is one of the few places I can get consistently honest (and usually pretty good) feedback about stuff so I do appreciate it
>>
>>44206096
You are a cool guy and I'm glad you not only bother coming to 4chan to post and share stuff like this, but you also have thick enough skin to handle the bantz and not get your knickers in a bunch.

More creators honestly need to have your attitude, and I say that without any snark.
>>
>>44206096
Do you do drugs or did you just have a lot of fever dreams as a child? Some of your stuff just makes me boggle at your inspiration.

(This is a compliment)
>>
>>44206096
Abbadon I was wondering, do you accept submissions to the concordance even if it's just writing only? i cant draw for shit
>>
>>44206096
If only we could see the Wheel from a different angle, we might learn something useful. Great work, Abbadon.
>>
File: Wheel Sigil.gif (62KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Wheel Sigil.gif
62KB, 512x512px
>>44206096
And /again/ Burning Wheel becomes a very apt name for the rpg, but it is already taken!
>>
>>44206096
>4chan for whatever reason is one of the few places I can get consistently honest (and usually pretty good) feedback
No names (usually) means no repercussions when you say something insulting, or that could be interpreted as insulting.

Plus, different userbases/cultures. Tumblr tends to be much hugboxier.
>>
>>44206204
>a different angle
Presumably that'd let us see whatever the axle is connected to.
>>
>>44206127
>inspiration
Morrowind (or really the entire TES universe) is pretty clearly a big inspiration. The universe in that is shaped like a wheel, too.
>>
>>44206477
I; would have no I dea what that could be
>>
>>44206096
You're a pretty righteous dude.
Provided you can wade through the muck of trolls's filth. /tg/ is uniquely brilliant in many regards.
I for one am just happy to help craft a bit of your world via the RPG
>>
File: 1446009142241.jpg (130KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446009142241.jpg
130KB, 960x720px
>>44206649
>/tg/ is uniquely brilliant in many regards
>>
Nice setting, nice storytelling a bit too much "Le grill powr U boys call fer backup LOL" for my taste.

Incredibly autostic and cringeworthyy fanbase too. Good read 7/10
>>
>>44173623
Well looking at /v/ I guess you are right.
>>
>>44206742
I love you too, anon.
>>
>>44177086
>20 The Hammer of Vigilance Born to Crush the Repentant, Bitterly

These are fun
>>
File: Angels2.png (201KB, 763x542px) Image search: [Google]
Angels2.png
201KB, 763x542px
>>44207016
Sometimes, the names are weird and nonsensical, and then you get something delicious like the one marked. If only is said Falsehood.
>>
>>44207138
>67 The God of Wrathfulness Defeats the Wrathful.

I didn't even see that one.
>>
42 The one who Fetishes Become Realised, Obsesivly
>>
>>44198186
Eh, that bird and Eightfold are both based on hopscotch and Cio's used the white/red color scheme for her previous paper magic already. I think it's just a coincidence.
>>
>>44202006
One little question for Abaddon if you show up again- is forgothisnames red mask his actual devil mask?

As it looks different enough from other devil masks we've seen in comic that it does make me think it's not his real mask and he's a different colour.
>>
>>44207778
Different colored devils have differently shaped masks.
>>
>>44207919
We've seen other red devil masks though - bottom left panel in that page even, and his looks a lot different.
And while it could just be "named character mask state", Cio's and Ex-vladoks masks still look like the standard blue masks shapewise.
>>
>>44202359
Future Allison.
>>
File: 1441766235684.png (285KB, 760x756px) Image search: [Google]
1441766235684.png
285KB, 760x756px
>>44206096
You'll never get quality feedback from tumblr. The atmosphere is different from the delicate balance of sensibilities that normal human discourse breathes.
>>
Imagine if you will. The Golden Horde of K6BD mounted upon their Giant Golden Baby steeds as the defeating rush of a heavy charge is drowned out by baritone goo-goo ga-ga baby talk and the shreiking of infants
>>
>>44209059
>The atmosphere is different from the delicate balance of sensibilities that normal human discourse breathes.

So much the same as around here then.
>>
>>44209402
>Not Golden Walruses riding Golden Babies
>Not having the Babies say 'goo-goo-ga'
>Not having the Walruses only add 'joob'.
>Their Secret Weapon is not a Golden Submarine.
Why?
>>
>>44206127
You should try reading more weird stuff. I've been donating to ABBADON for a couple months now because KSBD is right up my alley.
>>
File: 1446770844259.png (161KB, 520x789px) Image search: [Google]
1446770844259.png
161KB, 520x789px
>>44185816
>>
>>44207138
I think "The Questioner of Knights" is among the better ones there.

Solely because the idea of all of them having these elaborate names that allude to their function, and then there's this guy. No linguistic twists, no allusion to power. They question the knights.

It reads as someone important enough to have a simple name.
>>
>>44209438
Yeah, but theirs overlays an attitude of friendly affirmation onto patterns of deep seated antipathy, while ours overlays insults and the destruction of self onto deep seated congeniality.
>>
>>44206096
I'm really, really surprised Cio is not a lesbian.
>>
>>44211365
I know webcomics make this hard to remember sometimes, but most women actually aren't/
>>
>>44211253
No, I really fucking hate most people here and I'm sure quite a few other posters do, too. Stop fellating whatever community you latch onto -- it's just a pathetic, indirect form of self-praise.
>>
>>44212164
Even if so, you do it in a way that works out as congenial to most of us. Like, you said that to me now but it didn't trigger me. I consider your opinion reasonable and will not write a blog post decrying you as an abomination.
>>
>>44212164
I think his point is more that Tumblr's inclusiveness is more ready to turn on those who they feel fail at some arbitrary level of incusiveness. The Radical Feminists are welcome in Tumblr, except Trans-Excepting Radical Feminists (I'm so sad to know that all those things I wrote are accurate and real.) because they're seen as bulling transgender individuals for saying "Look, if you started as a man, receiving their privileges, you do not fully understand the struggle women face."

Meanwhile, on our end, it's completely normal for simple disagreements about benign shit to be complete shitstorms, with death-threats, highly sexualized language, and outright rage and hatred. But, minutes later, you're having a perfectly fine and supportive conversation about mechanics in another thread, potentially with the very same people you just swore unspeakable acts against.

Hey, Abbadon, just wanted to say that finding this thread motivated me to actually read your whole comic last night/this morning. You're doing alright. The cold open is a little jarring, and frustrating, but overall, it's a fun ride.

I really wanna try the 1.2 this weekend, since i love PbtA games. We'll see if I get a chance.
>>
Well, I've got to say "is literally quoting an earlier scholar to show off" is as good an excuse as any for an infodump.
>>
>>44212463
In by which we examine the nuances and idosyncronity of a bevy of Internet forum cross sections in relation to attitude towards criticism, good will towards their respective community and the acceptance of images of women drawn with unrealistically pronounced genetalia
>>
>>44212164
We are bonded by our hatred of each other, though. And most of us on /tg/ keep things civil even when we take savage digs at one another.
>>
>>44211658
Nah, that's bullshit. Almost all women are bi, and if society was objective about which relationship experience is better all bi women would have a female preference.
>>
>>44167286
>Head of John
Where is my dance of seven veils?
>>
>>44215879
Well, you're.. Almost 50% correct?

Request you stay on topic.
>>
>>44212164
Well I find it interesting that the thread is 200+ posts and you are STILL here, sniping away your comments, even though nobody forces you to. It is as if you enjoy working yourself up into anger by looking at stuff you hate. Well, I do that too occasionally, so it is ok, as long as you're honest with yourself about what's going on.
>>
>>44216223
>Well, you're.. Almost 50% correct?
lolwut
>>
>>44216502
Some people juggle geese
>>
>>44207138
How about this one:
34 Achieving Heaven Through Erotic Imagery
>>
After readind the whole thread, I concluded that
A-This REALLY was a shill thread
B-I fell for it because I started to read the comic
C-Drawings and characters are great, plot not so much
>>
>>44212408
>potentially with the very same people you just swore unspeakable acts against.
Hell, potentially with the very people you're CURRENTLY swearing unspeakable acts against
>>
>>44216502
Anger and hatred, much like many negative emotions, bring a perverse pleasure and satisfaction.
>>
>>44210893
>morbi
well OF COURSE! I am not surprised after reading Hellmouth to mouth.
>>
>>44167067
>>44167076
What program do you use to make these pdf's?
>>
>>44218151
>>44219316
These two are wise in the ways of Yisun.
>>
>>44220533
I suspect there's a reason that these kinds of things find popularity here.
>>
>>44220604
Eastern philosophy in general resonates pretty well with a 4chan mentality. The idea that hatred is as acceptable as other emotions, for one thing. The positivity of shared emotion is quite popular on a lot of the faster boards, especially in modern times. But it wasn't that long ago that people strove for abolishments of emotion. That's where the "you laugh you lose" stuff came from, before it was a party game, and there were other somewhat less popular variants for other emotions, most notably including gore threads. But despite the fact that dulling the senses through repeated exposure in banal context is no longer popular, feeling strong emotions, especially to the point where they influence your actions, is still viewed quite negatively. That started out a good long while ago (the phrase "u mad" could never be an insult on tumblr, for example, where people feel that their anger is inherently righteous) but it has settled into a pervasive background milieu.
And while anonymity might at first have resonated for reasons pertaining to free speech and artistic integrity, people now find assuming a name without cause to be offensive on general principle, or in other words, to be immoral. And it goes far beyond names into standing out in any way. In other words, it's a matter of total abandonment of identity. And these two aspects combined form something very much like the destruction of self which is popular in all sorts of central Asian religion. Even methodologies are similar, with people venerating NEET hermeticism and dedication to arts and idleness as an aspirational way of life.

Of course, pretty much nobody believes all this as a conscious religion, and most people probably don't fit every element all that closely at all, but there's definitely some basic cultural components to make stuff like K6BD (or Kirkbride or etc) have some appeal.
>>
File: 1434976246985.jpg (28KB, 542x670px) Image search: [Google]
1434976246985.jpg
28KB, 542x670px
>endurance and strength are separate stats

I know every game does it but it still irritates me

All it does is make strength a dump stat for everyone who isn't a melee fighter
>>
>>44222421

>Explosive strength is different from sustained endurance

Wow how unrealistic :DDD
>>
>>44206096

Question time!

Are Preem Nand's "daughters" pallid devils, or are they more powerful than their masks let on?

Why is Cho is afraid of them, even if she's technically higher than them in her blue form, and armed with her paper magic?
>>
>>44223501
Devil rank and devil power obviously don't go directly hand in hand.
>>
>>44223513

Well yes, but we saw them being crushed by White Chain, who arguably isn't exactly top tier as far as fighting goes
>>
>>44223358
>m-muh realism

Because realism should be the number one concern in game design at all times, especially in a setting so firmly grounded in reality as Kill Six Billion Demons :^^^^^^^)
>>
>>44223501
I imagine the Daughters could also call in reinforcements.
>>
>>44223536
Well, strictly speaking he just banished them. The fight wasn't fair because he could one-hit-back-to-the-void them.

And also you know..."The only thing that beats un' angel is un' other angel"
>>
>>44167286
>-Reduced the sources of exp gain, now the main way to gain it is through the End session move

I actually liked how gained exp by spending power dice in 1.1. It incentivizes being awesome even more. Unlike Dungeon World, you don't gain xp for failure. You gain it by failing and THEN bouncing back and doing something awesome.
>>
>>44224466
Definitly lent it's self.toward more heroic cinematography
>>
File: CHIMania.gif (925KB, 367x309px) Image search: [Google]
CHIMania.gif
925KB, 367x309px
>>44206204
We might indeed.
>>
>>44224466
>>44224889
Plus it encourages PCs to take risks and fuck up gloriously, since that's how they gain power to do their cool shit. Very in theme with the comic, sine that's the Aesma way.
>>
>>44226001
Kinda like the drinking contest? (except Allison actually succeeded)
>>
>>44223536
>Well yes, but we saw them being crushed by White Chain, who arguably isn't exactly top tier as far as fighting goes
All the angels are top tier.
>>
>>44215879
Nah, you're objectively bullshit, and you don't know a thing about the psychology of sexuality.
>>
>>44223358
Yes? Strength is directly linked with myoglobin which helps muscle endurance.

It would vary with species more than physical ability.

It's not 1:1, but it's damn close when looking at an RPG.

Not even mentioning that the RPG is talking about endurance in the "strong enough to take a hit" way.
>>
>>44223536
I think all the angels are pretty sick. I feel only Maya out of the pursuers could have threatened White Chain or Delicious 1-on-1.
>>
So whats up with the Law class?
I'm wondering how other players/gms interpret "Wield the Old Law", like we've seen some of it in the comic, but not really enough to develop a good set of precedents. Like is it actually just simple "Judaeo-christian" commandment/sin style stuff or what? How should the GM go about negotiating what is and isn't part of the old law with the PC.
Also, how/why are non-angels imbued with the power to dispense justice, Obviously the guilds don't really recognize their authority of any "Law" characters, but do the non-angel ones have any extra authority problems?

Honestly i'm just having the Law player in my game be a representative of a higher power that we can agree on without having any lore-conundrums. I get that that was allowed for in the rules, but it's just a little sour to feel "forced" into it

another part of the discussion of what the Old Law is how powerful the ability to make someone do ANYTHING YOU SAY is,, like does this command extend to anyone "in the way" of enforcing the law?
>>
>>44234774
Het is the archetypal Law character in the comic isn't she? She's a good but her attitude is pretty human, so human Law characters could emulate her. In fact, with all the Mantra moves, I get the feeling that the Rpg is designed to emulate the characters in the text stories moreso than the comic.

On that note I find it really strange that Aesma represents the Hunter. She seems more of the Fury.

>>44227793
Exactly. Allison screwed up but won anyway.
>>
>>44234916
Het is a god, I mean. Damn autocorrect.
>>
How does one pronounce "Cio"?
Is it "See-oh", "key-oh" or something else?
>>
>>44236245
Cho.
>>
>>44236245
"Chi-oh", maybe?
>>
>>44236523
>>44173627
That makes a lot more sense
>>
>>44236245
See-oh so the joke in her name makes sense.
>>
>>44237115
>the joke in her name
?
>>
>>44237277
Her first two names can be pronounced See-oh-see-ay See-oh-ell-ay, was the joke.
>>
>>44211365
Well she did say Allison is kinda hot. Unless she's forcing that just to rhyme during Vladok's challenge.
>>
>>44237727
Ally x Cio fanart when?
>>
File: say what.png (370KB, 725x600px) Image search: [Google]
say what.png
370KB, 725x600px
>>44185367
>Tries to have sex with girlfriend, but doesn't want to pressure her into it.
>Immediately captured by ghost demon horsemen.
>Now unconscious and naked.

Nah, he's totally a dickhead.
>>
With the new damage system and vastly reduced stamina, combat seems very dangerous, and characters seem very squishy. The Fated's healing doesn't seem to be enough. Anyone done some tests to confirm?
>>
So how would you rank the classes as they are right now?
>>
>>44238313
All of Allison's friends (and Allison) have questioned the dude's character, and they've actually seen more than two pages of him, so I gotta go with their opinion here.
>>
>>44238936
Most normal people would just reserve judgement.
>>
>>44238540
You can Channel Flame on Defy Fate, and if you're not the type to fight to the death you can always remove yourself from the bout when you fail Tempt Fate.
Only ran one quickie of the new draft, but no one was crying bullshit over player fragility.
>>
>>44238936
Allison's roommates are the worst kind of college bimbos.
>Hurr three days he musta fucked you gud.
>No one can do laundry while yours is in the machine.
>WTF are you Hindu now?
>EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCKING UP I AM MEXICAN AND GOING TO MAKE TACOS FOR THE WHITE GIRL.
One of them even memes in real life while simultaneously making Trek references.
Their opinions are safely discarded.
>>
>>44237277
Her name is written as someone spelling out Coca-Cola.
>>
File: K6BD CioCio Fanart.png (124KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
K6BD CioCio Fanart.png
124KB, 500x500px
>>44238014
Tha wot, m8
l-lewd
>>
>>44238936
And yet she's still trying to save him.
And still refers to him as her boyfriend.
Thread posts: 278
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.