[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warframe TTRPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Tenno.jpg (138KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tenno.jpg
138KB, 1280x600px
How would you run it?

Savage worlds?
Modded Legends of Wulin?
Eclipse Phase?
Something new altogether?
>>
I would just play the actual game with friends, you can't really capture the feel of Warframe in a TTRPG.
>>
>>44163091
Well yeah, I highly doubt you can get a One to One translation of the video game... or any non rpg in a TTRPG.

That said i think the Universe and the lore would make for a fantastic setting for a Sci fi game.
>>
>>44163246
If we had more of it and what lore we got wasn't focused around Orokin and Tenno, I'd agree.

Wasn't crazy about Second Dream.
>>
>>44163331
Why not? I liked it.

There's honestly more lore not about the Orokin andd the Tenno. Most of what we have right now is about the Grineer somehow. We know almost their entire origin story, only the Queens rise is missing.
>>
>>44163360

Well the current theroy about the queens were they were actually a set of Conjoined twins from an Orokin noble famly. They were gonna be killed off, or surgically removed from each other possibly kiling them, but their parents had some play in the politics system.

Fast forward to the Greneer revolts. The Twin Queens kicked their asses so much that they made her their defacto queen. She then turned on Orokin, for some reason.
>>
>>44163360
Natah and Second Dream took what were nice mysteries and gave them bland explanations.

We actually don't have alot on the Grineer, latest update added "once slaves, now empire" but we don't have much beyond that, Vay Hek and that one chick hint towards Grineer society but we know little about that. We have more dedicated lore about the Tenno now.
>>
>>44162937
I doubt you'll be able to make it into a board oriented game unless you have a means in which to attack minis to walls, and freakishly long and elaborate maps that can rapidly change as people speed along. That would be pretty cool though.
Won't happen until we get proper holographic technology.
>>
>>44163459

Well if you use the Legends of Wulin Style system of Zones. You can have long maps. Everything in a Zone is considered to be in Point blank range, and can attack an opponent in the same zone without penalty, or the necessity to move.
>>
>>44162937
GURPS obviously.
Acquire Basic Set, Ultra Tech, Martial Arts and possibly Gun Fu.
>>
I've always liked the idea of using Legends of the Wulin, focusing on the high flying space-wuxia angle of Warframe, rather than the grittier, more shadowrun-esque route you could also legitimately take it.
>>
>>44162937
GURPS

The answer is ALWAYS GURPS. Alternatively Deathwatch with souped up stats and psyker powers may work.
>>
File: Valkyr.gif (5MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Valkyr.gif
5MB, 1280x720px
One guy described how he was able to run Warframe using VeloCITY as a basis.

>For starting stats, it was of course a High-tier game. We went as-written for the stats and substats in VeloCITY. This also means the party were not silent Tenno, like they are in the source material. Each player chose their one Warframe and tried their best to turn the in-game abilities into Active Perks. A couple of them in the party decided to just turn them into Passive Perks (e.g. the Rhino's Iron Skin let him spend Energy to force an attacker to succeed again when attacking). Damage for guns were of course set to the weapon, which I believe is as-written.

>Every mission I'd hand out a mod or weapon blueprint. Their weapons and warframes each had slots for the Mods, and gained more from level/rank. It was mostly bonuses like "+x to accuracy checks" or "+y to Shields" but there were some more active ones like Auras and Stances. One of them got an "Energy Siphon" which gave the party extra Energy regen. The aforementioned melee Rhino got a stance for his melee that gave him basically combos.

>Other than that, the system pretty much fit as-is. Hacking and other computer-work went under Craft. I tried to keep absolute shoot-outs sparse. We very much focused on running, with actual combat usually only occurring when they failed.

>I'm also very used to running fast-and-loose when it comes to rulesets, so this is the kind of thing I do a lot.

How you handle butts is your business.
>>
>>44163459
Well..just play as Grineer?
>>
>>44165244
Tenno can talk. They just choose not to most of the time.

Stalker has a bunch of boss dialogue.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.