[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 40

File: a398f3736ff1b4c59965b0138b11ee8a.jpg (128KB, 1020x1024px) Image search: [Google]
a398f3736ff1b4c59965b0138b11ee8a.jpg
128KB, 1020x1024px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

"SoP writers are reforming their project thanks to your complaints" edition

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will ask (probably about DSP).

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/T5Yknxmz

Dreamscarred Press needs YOUR help in providing feedback for a tiny product (just six pages of rules), Psion Focused Disciplines! You can download it below and comment on it in the Google document.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/iik823
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NjfEMcQW5jgCIGL3--3PzXiuu7ZeYUE0vTWy-F2D1bc/edit?usp=sharing

Previous thread: >>44147242
>>
I'm a mid-level wizard that needs a reliable way to incapacitate two ~5th level hirelings (both rogues) simultaneously. Ideas?

Not simultaneous, but I was going with command person, get one of them to grapple and pin the other, then cast hungry pit underneath them.
>>
Post pictures of witches and/or shamans.
>>
>>44158221

Fireball.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/merciful-spell-metamagic
>>
Rules question:

If I want to make a scroll of dominate person and have the persistent metamagic feat applied to it, would it require access to 7th level spell slots or could I use a persistent metamagic rod to keep it as a 5th level spell?
>>
>>44153898

The most ideal way to play a "sphere paladin" is to be a Sphere cleric or a Sphere oracle. That should net you high spherecasting, d8 HD, 3/4 BAB, and either full cleric class features or full oracle class features.

>>44154510

This is true. *All* of the sphere archetypes are weaker than their base classes to varying degrees. The spherecasting versions of tier 1/2 casters are brought down to tier 2/3 (depending on spheres selected), the spherecasting tier 3 classes are downgraded to low tier 3 (especially the poor sphere bard), and the spherecasting tier 4 classes are knocked down to low tier 4.

>>44155390

Spheres does, in fact, go out of its way to punish low casters. The very concept of the high/mid/low caster trichotomy is deeply flawed. Rather than do things the sensible way and follow the solid precedent psionics set (high/mid/low manifesters all have the same rough potency of effects due to the way augmentation works, but they have varying degrees of daily resources), they gave high/mid/low spherecasters the same amount of daily resources but varying amounts of potency, which is absolutely imbecilic once you consider the action economy.

Unfortunately, this paradigm for spherecaster categories is hard-coded into the system, particularly classes like the mageknight.

>>44155633

Do try a Sphere cleric or a Sphere oracle for that.

>>44156218

I disagree about the armorist; its class features mostly amount to "save money and gain fighter bonus feats," which is not particularly fantastic. Having only one good saving throw and 2 + Intelligence modifier skill points on a Strength/Wisdom class is quite crippling too.

In fact, the author of the Creation sphere handbook (whom I have been in sporadic contact with) has agreed that the armorist is weak and is trying to replace it with a hedgewitch archetype in their book.

The symbiotic knight archetype does improve the armorist considerably, however.
>>
So did Gareth ever say if grappling prevents maneuvers from being used?
>>
>>44158151
It's a nifty things to have for Spy/Infiltrator. Using Charm Person without letting other knows what happening. You can even fireball into the crowd and no one will know. There is a reason Arcane Trickster itself let you do this 3 time per day.

Also ability to wear armor without ACP is a nice bonus too.
>>
>>44158221
Web, Deep Slumber, Create Pit, Spiked Pit Ray of Enfeeblement.

Having Haunting Mists/Stinking Cloud and Extended Unnatural Lust set up to buy time is a good idea.
>>
>>44158251
This is a point of contention for some people.

As written, the wizard must have access to the spell that goes into a spell completion item, such as a scroll. IE, if you want to make a scroll of Maximized Fireball, you have to be able to PREPARE Maximized Fireball. Using a PM Rod isn't really preparing Maximized Fireball so much as Preparing Fireball and using the Rod on it.

HOWEVER, you could *craft* a Rod for Maximize and merely substitute +5 on the DC, so if you can do that, why *couldn't* you make the scroll?

tl;dr, ask your DM.
>>
>>44158250
>>rogues
>>vs low damage aoe spell

Pit is decent since of they are grappled they won't be able to not fall in, they can't climb out and are essentially helpless so you can summon monsters in there or cloudkill or some shit.
>>
>>44158339
Grapple no, pin yes.
>>
>>44158392
Well it's a good thing Temporal Body Adjustment can prevent being pinned then.
>>
>>44158273
>not summoning your own horde of dancing weapons
>not going Telekinesis Sphere and going Full Gilgamesh thanks to extra dimensional storage
As expected 2hufag, your faggotry and autism is unparalleled.

Also we've argued about your butthurt over the Trichotemy before, and explained why your a faggot. Yet you've ignored it and your response was "I don't understand"

Please go seek professional help for your autism
>>
Is an Evangelist cleric worth it on a reach build? It seems like a hefty price to pay...

Advice on reach clerics?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU513suJZzY

How do I roleplay Skeleton man? I need to be a super hero that fights evil with the strength of calcium at his command.

Requirements:
Skeletal feet
Skeletal hands
People think he's just a regular man
But he's not
Skeleton eyes
Sworn enemy skinman
>>
>>44158481

The out-of-the-box armorist is simply insufficient for a Telekinesis build in every possible respect. Low casting means that a 5th-level mageknight is still wielding *daggers* via Telekinesis at the very most, and has to spend 3 out of 5 magic talents on Telekinesis, Dancing Weapon, and Divided Mind just for the telekinetic full attack routine.

The armorist (soaring blade) archetype in AmberVael's Telekinetic handbook improves this considerably, since it is specifically tailored towards such a "create weapons and then telekinetically hurl them" concept, but even then, it pales in comparison even to a non-free-Gifted-Blade soulknife (psychic armory). Granted, the psychic armory sets an unusually high bar.
>>
>>44158346
oh wait.. Arcane Trickster has "cast arcane spell" requirement so Psychic Bloodline is out...
>>
>>44158481
I honestly think he's beyond help; he's got a hugbox of people who will endlessly enable his shitty posting all over the internet, so he's got no reason to ever bother changing or bettering himself.

Fifty years from now, he'll still be whining about the latest itineration of D&D, bought with his mother's money.
>>
File: 1394036144625.jpg (204KB, 1200x874px) Image search: [Google]
1394036144625.jpg
204KB, 1200x874px
>>44158239

Any preferences of race? Gender? Alignment?
>>
>>44158546
Depend on your party. How many characters will benefit from your inspire courage.
>>
>>44158641
Only because psychic spells weren't a thing when that class was written like a hundred years ago
Just say you're a Psychic Trickster, if your DM gives you shit about it he's a jerk
>>
>>44158682

I'm unsure. Probably at least 2 others. Just trying to think of a various possible builds that could be fun and effective. I suppose if someone goes bard then it'd be pretty redundant.
>>
>>44158677
Human or Elven male shamans of any alignment if you have bulk.
>>
>>44158669
Which hugbox is that? Because here on /pfg/ he generally considered to be an autism elemental
>>
I've heard that at the current state of Pathfinder, the best experience is an (almost) Dreamscarred Press-only material allowed game.

Is this true and if so, why? I never used any of their material and I have not played Pathfinder since Ultimate Magic.
>>
>>44158624
How about you just stop mentioning the goddamn psyarm at all, eh?

It's irrelevant to all discussions due to how high above everything else it is, so just... erase it from your mind.

Un-know it for me.
>>
>>44158669
I don't think he's delusional about his autism. And he's at least very thorough when it comes to his math. He'll also take any challenges/valid criticism at face value and be willing to look at the mechanics again and admit if he makes a mistake. I bear no love for Touhoufag but I don't fault him on his math.

Literally the only things you can get mad at him for is unwillingness to drop subjects and being autistic.

>HURRR HE'S AUTISTIC
>Yes, and?

If he's good at crunching numbers and willing to fact check, I consider that a useful resource and see no reason to bust his balls over his 'tism.
>>
>>44159097

This.
Don't game with him, don't even socialize with him, but use him. Do you become upset with your Excel spreadsheet because it does not understand you on an emotional, human level?
>>
>>44159064
Keep in mind, /pfg/ is obsessed with DSP. The problems with Pathfinder RAW/most other third party printings is that they're not terribly balanced. If you have a table full of optimizers/power gamers, the game will be a stinking hot mess. Likewise, if you have a table full of retards who can't optimize *AT ALL*, your game is also going to be a stinking hot mess of disparity between characters.

DSP materials are rigorously balanced in comparison. This isn't to say that they're perfect, but they're the best available.

The drawback to this? The classes are all weird psions/akashic mages/gishes/hybrids. There's no real option for "vanilla" classes or standard play.
>>
>>44159064
Well, I personally consider the best Pathfinder experience to be nearly everything allowed within reason, since that has the best breadth of options.

As for why DSP's stuff is good, it's because it's all written by people who understand the scope of the system and understand the high and low points, and how to shoot for the midrange, which is the most conducive to simply having fun. All of their classes except for a few outliers are at or very close to tier 3 simply because that's the most enjoyable place for a class to be at, and they were designed to fit into that paradigm.
>>
>>44159134
>>44159097
This is pretty much exactly what I mean, people encouraging a clearly mentally ill person not to better himself because he does numbers for you.
>>
>>44158739
If you go with Reach + Summon Monster then you should be fine. The more stuff on the battlefield that benefit from Inspire Courage, the better your Evangelist will be.
>>
>>44159150

Hard to have diversity then. How about Core + DSP?

Slightly oftopic, how have been Paizo's Adventure Paths? I recall that they plunged into shit at Jade Regent, and /tg/ opinion was that Reign of Winter was the absolute worst magic realm shit, but how have been them after that? I heard about SJW bullshit at least once each book or something.
>>
DSP should just makes their own system. Paizo stuff are unbalance as hell.
>>
>>44159219
I heard they are doing exactly that.
>>
>>44159199
Iron Gods is great
I like Reign of Winter, book 3 just had some weird stuff, but I don't think it was that big a deal
>>
> GM won't allows unchained
> Newbie all wants to play Rogue and Monk

Am I in hell?
>>
>>44159219
I believe Gareth said something to the effect that they ARE making their own system.

>>44159199
Reign of Winter was actually pretty solid in my opinion. Wrath of the Righteous has an insane amount of bullshit in it, Hell's Rebels is a horrifying thing focused on being plucky rebels in a way that makes no sense at all. Iron gods is very fun to play in, and is an exemplary campaign if you're willing to go with tech.
>>
>>44159263
>won't allow unchained
Why, exactly?
>>
Does anyone have the playable undead race someone made a few days ago?
>>
>>44159219
>>44159231

How DSP stuff interact with Paizo's Bestiary?
>>
>>44159199
The only Magical Realm in Reign of Winter I've seen so far is the dungeon of femininity which my group stopped at right before entering. I can only hope this character survives to create C U T E half drow children with another party member.
>>
>>44159287

>playable undead race homebrewed

Please tell me it was not Touhoufag again with his creepy undead lolis.
>>
>>44159194
I don't think you understand how autism works.

It's not like a cold, or a flu. He can't just eat some fucking soup and sleep in bed for a week and have the autism go away. It's a permanent affliction, and likely if he DOESN'T crunch numbers and express himself through mathematically arrangements, he'll get all fussy and frustrated and lash out in real life.

Seriously, number crunching and Minecraft and shit and whatever "focus" an autist ends up settling on is their RELEASE VALVE.

They need that shit. No one is hurting Touhoufag or "adding fuel to the fire".
>>
>>44159318
Do you know what else works? Therapy, and actually working at not being a fucking sperglord.
>>
>>44159199
Core is already the problem though. In Core, the T1/T2 classes will shit ALL over everything, especially DSP things. It's not like all these weird third party feats/variant shit is what broke the game.

>I'll just staple this balanced functional supplement right onto this wildly imbalanced stinking heap of shit

Basically what you're proposing. If you want to use core, get ready to ban all T1/T2 classes.
>>
>>44159290

Dungeon of feminity? I only heard about the furry Strong Independent Winter She-Wolf that is in human form to have your puppies.
>>
>>44159314
It was not, fortunately.
>>
>>44159346

So, all material but only Tier 3 classes?
>>
>>44159335
>therapy will cure genetic and chromosomal abnormalities

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>44159357
She's in book 2, book 3 is the girl power dungeon.
>>
>>44159335
So you're saying we, the denizens of /tg/, should give him therapy?
>>
>>44159279
>Gareth said something to the effect that they ARE making their own system.

No shit. did he give any details? Will it be compatible with their current stuff, or is it going to be a completely different game?
>>
>>44159335

Some autistic people can only relate to others with video clips, drawings, and more byzarre habits.

Accept that Touhoufag uses number crunching as the closest way he can truly communicate with someone
>>
>>44159421
Completely different game, I believe, but no other details.
>>
>>44159385
I think you're trying to make a golden solution here, which doesn't really exist (that easily).

The real problem though will stem from your players. You can ban all the T1/T2 classes you want and introduce DSP stuff. But if your players decide to pick T5 classes and absolutely trash feats/PrCs, and you send monsters/campaigns against them that are balanced for fighting a regular strength/optimized party, it's still going to be bad news.

Honestly, it would take a lot of time and effort for someone to gut all the "too good" and "too shitty" content from RAW to provide a stable base to add good supplements to it. Simply only allowing T3 MIGHT help, but I think you'd have to have a very awesome group of players who all understand the issues with the mechanics for them to agree and not be crybabies as to why they can't play Class X or Class Y when all this other stuff is allowed.
>>
>>44159416
I'm saying he should stop posting on /tg/ all day and get therapy.
>>
>>44159335
Hey moron, literal autist here.

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS.
>>
>>/pfg/ is now a place to discuss literal autism, shitty 3pp and magical realm dungeons

Some things never change, I guess.
>>
File: elfking.gif (618KB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
elfking.gif
618KB, 500x180px
>>44159465
You should stop posting on /tg/ and suck my dick.
>>
>>44159385
That is what /pfg/ typically recommends, yeah.

Not everyone agrees with them (I happen to like T2 better than T3, and there are some weirdos who are all about T4/5 E6 games with L1 wealth, but for the most part /pfg/ is very much a "all sources, T3 only, heavily DSP" proponent.
>>
>>44159458

I figure, there is only so much material.

The best solution would be making a setting that justifies only T3 choices OR guiding the players like a hawk.
>>
File: da20a56d4d9949524ece1c9f55ee95f1.jpg (346KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
da20a56d4d9949524ece1c9f55ee95f1.jpg
346KB, 1200x850px
>>44158481

>Also we've argued about your butthurt over the Trichotemy before, and explained why your a faggot. Yet you've ignored it and your response was "I don't understand"

The trichotomy simply does not work, and yet it was foolishly built into the design of classes like the mageknight and feats like Counterspell (which, by the way, a Low Caster cannot even qualify for until 10th-level).

Let us have a look at some comparisons between 5th-level high casters (e.g. fey adept, incanter, soul weaver, thaumaturge, eliciter with Mind, hedgewitch [Triple Goddess] with Death/Fate/Life, shifter with Alteration, sphere cleric, sphere druid, sphere sorcerer, sphere wizard, sphere witch, sphere arcanist, sphere shaman) and 5th-level low casters (e.g. armorist, mageknight, sphere bloodrager). Let us not even begin to touch the unloved runts of the sphere-users, the sphere paladin and the sphere ranger.

A 5th-level high caster and a 5th-level low caster have the exact same number of spell points per day: class level + casting ability modifier. Strange, but seemingly sensible so far.

A 5th-level high caster has caster level 5th. A 5th-level low caster has caster level 2nd and *very few* talents. What are the ramifications of this?
>>
>>44159474
I am a literal autist too, bruh. Learning to act like a normal human being via therapy and hard work has helped me a ton. But then again, I'm still posting on /tg/, so what the fuck do I know?

Totally flattered you thought I was neurotypical though.
>>
>>44158196
Hey /pfg/, what are some interesting things a player can do with 90000gp and access to farm animals? Can you use handle animal to train cats to fetch live rats? How do i take over a town with hundreds of goats?
>>
>>44159511

A 5th-level high caster, depending on their talents, could possibly...
• Spend a spell point on Alteration's Shapeshift to grant 2 traits for 5 minutes.
• Spend a spell point on Destruction's Destructive Blast to deal 5d6 damage.
• Spend a spell point on Enhancement's Enhance Equipment to grant a +2 enhancement bonus for 5 minutes.
• Spend a spell point on Protection's Aegis to grant a +2 deflection bonus to AC for 5 hours.
• Wield two-handed weapons sized for Medium creatures with Telekinesis, such as greatswords.
• Spend a spell point on Time to apply Haste or Slow for 5 rounds.

A 5th-level low caster could possibly...
• Spend a spell point on Alteration's Shapeshift to grant 1 trait for 2 minutes.
• Spend a spell point on Destruction's Destructive Blast to deal 2d6 damage.
• Spend a spell point on Enhancement's Enhance Equipment to grant a +1 enhancement bonus for 2 minutes.
• Spend a spell point on Protection's Aegis to grant a +1 deflection bonus to AC for 2 hours.
• Wield light weapons sized for Medium creatures with Telekinesis, such as daggers and short swords.
• Spend a spell point on Time to apply Haste or Slow for 2 rounds.

The latter set is weak enough, in fact, that no low caster would ever willingly use one of these as a standard action in combat, meaning a low caster who wants to use their magic to fight well should stick solely to buffing themselves out of combat (with, of course, much lower durations and numerical bonuses for their buffs than their high caster counterparts).

The low caster has as much daily resources as the high caster, but the effects are weak enough that it is hard to consider full BAB a good tradeoff for such weak casting, especially when there are already 3/4 BAB high casters.

Compare this to psionics: high/mid/low manifesters have just as powerful a set of effects (due to augmentation) and just as long a set of durations, but they have less daily resources with which to use them.
>>
>>44159570
Pay a druid to cast Mass Awaken Animal, give them all levels in psion, create the goat hivemind.
>>
>>44159594
>not awakening a field of grass instead
>>
Alright /pfg/ I have a question! Since Construct Rider Alchemist Mount doesn't lost Share Spell (unlike Cavalier Mount) does this means I can use Cure Light Wound on it?

Also is it worth playing Half-Orc Alchemist so I can have a Robot Gorthek?
>>
>>44159594
i should make sure the goats love me before i do that
>>
So I think I'm gonna roll a Hunter for this sea-based campaign I'm playing. Any advice on what kind of companion I should get or orisons to go with?
>>
>>44159692
Yep, you probably should.
>>
>>44159572
Are you going to go into this same full tirade every single goddamn time anyone brings up low-casters?
>>
>>44159706
Create Water and Purify Food and Drink will probably be a lot more important in a sea campaign than they might otherwise be.
>>
>>44159392
>chromasomal abnormality.
That theory is not proven yet.

Also, as an actual asperger, I can assure you that, given time, social support from loved ones, and some healthy doses of introspection/objective analysis/self-loathing someone with Autism/Aspergers can lear to better handle and deal with thier issue and at least understand how to better act to be accepted in meat space and not be seen as raging wierdos.

It took me all the way until Junior year of Highschool, yet I managed it with enough support and counseling, so as long as one is willing to accept the idea that thier thought process and mental structuring is abberant (though not necessarily malignant) they can learn to better channel it and to seek compromise in themselves.

I just happened to learn it by punching myself and calling myself a retard.
>>
File: wcwWlAL.gif (173KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
wcwWlAL.gif
173KB, 500x270px
>>44159421
Expect a playtest packet Soon(tm) for initial proof-of-concept testing.

And keep an eye on the sunrise, anon.
>>
/pfg/ I need your help. I need to make a level 5 character with the following stats:

Str: 14
Dex: 14
Con: 12
Int: 13
Wis: 11
Cha: 12

Added bonus: We all took 3.5 flaws at random and I rolled the -2 to melee attacks (we worked out this doesn't apply to CMB vs. CMB). No casters/spells. If it has an archetype that gets rid of spells then it's playable. Alchemists are go. No 3PP. So how fucked am I?

I was going to just make him a Combat Patrol fighter with a reach weapon, but am looking for any other ideas.
>>
>>44159707
Any other schemes you can think of?
>>
>>44159822
Everything about this is awful
>>
>>44159572
>3/4 BAB high casters.
This is in my opinion a bigger issue, since Clerics and Druids no longer need that BAB due to Hunters and Warpriests existing. Same goes for the Thaumaturge
>>
>>44159876
Luck, or lack of, the draw.
>>
File: removehead.jpg (83KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
removehead.jpg
83KB, 500x252px
>>44159822
I gotta say... why.
Couldn't you find something more entertaining to do on weekend evenings, like slamming your dick in a car door?
>>
>>44159706
Something with both Swimming Speed and Land Speed. A Crocodile or a Walrus maybe?
>>
>>44159494
>shitty low resolution tumblr style gif
Oh boy, you sure showed him the size of your e-peen
>>
>>44159798
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: 6c972cb472d84619140099790faf9bf8.jpg (770KB, 1368x566px) Image search: [Google]
6c972cb472d84619140099790faf9bf8.jpg
770KB, 1368x566px
>>44159711

Am I to simply ignore the issue when someone claims that
>Also we've argued about your butthurt over the Trichotemy before, and explained why your a faggot. Yet you've ignored it and your response was "I don't understand"
?

In any event, one of the ways for low casters to sidestep their limitations is for them to invest in non-caster-level-dependent effects.

It is quite effective for an armorist or a mageknight to spend three talents on:
Fate (Neutrality drawback)
Fate: Bless
Fate: Curse
Time (Altered Time and Personal Time drawbacks)
Time: Repetition
Time: Retry

This way, such a character can make good use of their large pool of spell points, by funneling them towards effects that make their low caster level irrelevant.

>>44159893

The thaumaturge is less of a concern in my opinion due to its very low amount of talents and the fact that it its backlash is actually quite a hindrance. Even at 7th-level, with Channel Punishment and a familiar, backlash still causes the spell to fizzle.

The sphere cleric, druid, oracle, and shaman are much too versatile (although the hedgewitch [triple goddess] comes close to them), and the sphere druid is especially egregious due to its hours-long Alteration. I had drafted up a sphere druid 4/incanter 1 build that is unusually powerful and versatile for a tier 3 character here:
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43066037/#43069441
>>
>>44159822
I think the only viable option is to kill your GM, and pray God has mercy on his soul.
>>
>>44159893
1/2 BAB Druids.
You're kidding, right? Druid is basically a martial class. Who the fuck goes full casting focused druid?
>>
>>44159798
Can you confirm: 100% Original game, or DSP d20?
>>
>>44159893
At the same time, there's already some stuff in place to fix that.
>Ban tier 1s
Done

Which is a lot less work than trying to figure out a 9th level casting 'priest' class with crap armor and 1/2 BAB.

I know this is going to annoy people as well, but druid just needs to be like three classes as well. It's like the first druid was the DM's girlfriend and they just kept tossing shit on there til she gave them a blowjob.
>>
Hey weird question about building a wizard from scratch..

Every morning when my character wakes up do I select say 8 spells from the entire list of spells in the rulebook

Or do I write down what I know and that's forever in my slot?
>>
>>44160063
It is not a PF-derivative or 3.5-derivative.
>>
>>44159822
Okay.. -2 to melee attacks and low CON. You might be able to function as archer (assuming the stats is before racial adjustment).

Go with Ranger. Skirmisher if you wants animal companion or Divine Marksman if you wants to focus on Bow damage.
>>
>>44160100
You learn a given number of spells at each level, and you can choose from those and/or any you've copied down from other spellbooks, scrolls, etc, for your daily spells.
>>
>>44159782
That's rough.

Basically the extent of my understanding of aspergers/autism is: "These people have unusual thought processes and are prone to behaving strangely, I should try to be more patient than I usually would be."
>>
Anyone here play the Giantslayer AP?
Thinking of running it starting next year as my current campaign is wrapping up.
Share opinions, please?
>>
>>44160106
>>44159798
Is it going to be heroic high fantasy like dungeons and dragons or some gritty low fantasy bullshit?

Please don't say its trying to be able to do both. No system does both well.
>>
>>44160100
Neither. You're acting as though you only have:
>Spell List.
>Spells Prepared.

You're missing one:
>Spells known.
It will be a subset of the spell list, and will be a larger list than the number of spells you can prepare each day.
>>
>>44160188
It might be trying to do modern day urban fantasy, or scifi, anon. Why do you assume it will be like D&D or Rolemaster?
>>
>>44160183
I heard it's a pretty standard generic fantasy fightan (which is apparently what people wants after Irongod)
>>
>>44160040
Well since this is in regards to Spheres, it would be fine. With Hunter existing, there really isn't any reason to stick to the crappy legacy design

>>44160161
Patience is key, but you should never try to dance around things with them. It's best to be both direct and detailed when dealing with them, and to remind them that they are not always automatically right about stuff. And when they ask the "shy" of things, be prepared to either explain things, or at least explain why thier viewpoint might not be the right one. And when they start throwing fits, tell them that they are being wrong and thier behavior is unacceptable.
>>
>>44160100
You have a certain number of spells you learn automatically (a chunk at level 1, then two more per level).
When you wake up in the morning, you spend an hour picking WHICH spells from THAT list you have in each slot.
When you wake up the next day, you repick from the same list.
You can add to your known list through various means, including cribbing them off scrolls with some skill checks. So like so
>Know Set A Motherfucker On Fire, Missiles of Magic, Make Martials Cry, and Skeletonize
>Come across a scroll of Annoy Cleric
>Spend time and money
>Now know Set A Motherfucker On Fire, Missiles of Magic, Make Martials Cry, Skeletonize, and Annoy Cleric
>Wake up
>Gonna fight oozes today, so Skeletonize won't do shit
>Prepare Set A Motherfucker On Fire twice, Make Martials Cry once, and Annoy Cleric
>You can now cast Set A Motherfucker On Fire twice today, and the other two once each
>Wake up
>Grab a brush and put a little makeup
>Fighting cultists today
>Blow all four slots on Annoy Cleric
>>
>>44160183
It's fun if you like Diablo.
>>
>>44160286
What does this imply exactly?
>>
>>44160231
Because that's the kind of product they deal in and write for. Why would i expect sci-fi from a primarily fantasy company?
>>
>>44160297
It's all about murdering big shit for phat lewt. It's an incredibly combat-heavy AP, and while it has an overarching story, it's not actually important to the overall setup so much as kicking in the door is.
>>
So let me get this straight.
A level 5 spherecaster with the right talents can bring someone back to "life" as an intelligent Undead using nothing but the Death sphere?
>>
>>44159782
Autism and burger are totally different though.
>>
>>44160332
Sounds pretty good for my group.
We've got one guy who always plays the face and everyone else is always about cleaving as much ass apart as possible.
>>
>>44160282
>Advice dealing with literal autists.

Thanks. I am a pretty direct guy to begin with, but I will keep that in mind. I will also keep in mind I may have to explain things.
>>
>>44160356
There is no reason to role-play in the adventure though. So there's no reason for a face. It got to the point that, while traveling, we role-played with each other to fill in what we weren't getting from the adventure path. There's like 5 NPCs you'll talk to. 10 tops if you're lucky.
>>
>>44160356
Alrighty then. Just make sure someone takes that one campaign trait that lets them identify artifacts; there's a bunch.
>>
>>44160316
Because they already have stuff for a fantasy RPG (all their d20 stuff). I would think a new game would explicitly be anything but that, so they're not competing with /themselves/.

Just like I would be shocked if Paizo put out a nond20 fantasy RPG to compete with their pathfinder stuff.
>>
File: 1448773848186.jpg (21KB, 286x203px) Image search: [Google]
1448773848186.jpg
21KB, 286x203px
>>44160188
I've answered all the questions I'm going to answer until the release, anon. In fact, thus far I've just re-answered questions /pfg/ already asked.

Patience.
>>
>>44160100
The biggest mistake people make as Wizards is not going out and playing the Collectible Trading Card game, essentially. There's nothing stopping you from copying other wizard's spells down in your book.

>A wizard can also add a spell to his book whenever he encounters one on a magic scroll or in another wizard's spellbook. No matter what the spell's source, the wizard must first decipher the magical writing (see Arcane Magical Writings). Next, he must spend 1 hour studying the spell. At the end of the hour, he must make a Spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell's level). A wizard who has specialized in a school of spells gains a +2 bonus on the Spellcraft check if the new spell is from his specialty.

So basically, trade spells with other wizards. Kill other wizards and steal spells from their spellbooks. Copy spells off of scrolls. Pay rogues to steal spellbooks for you.

Why wait to level up to learn spells? STEAL THEM ALL.
>>
>>44160419
Is that picture at all a hint because I know exactly what it is
>>
>>44160338
For all intents and purposes, the only major difference is in how they function in regards to social expectations and the kind of stuff they get wired/obsessive for. While working with an Asperger is generally easier, an Autistic can be at least helped and made aware of some of thier problems. Hence why in school Basic Skills and therapeutic aid courses and sessions they tend to be grouped and worked with together.
>>
File: dc00d7c417090b05afd5b46f79dcba16.jpg (745KB, 1100x788px) Image search: [Google]
dc00d7c417090b05afd5b46f79dcba16.jpg
745KB, 1100x788px
>>44160333

Yes, but it is not automatically your control, and class level regeneration is purely at the GM's discretion.

Note that you can qualify for advanced talents *much* earlier through the use of the incanter or sphere wizard's sphere specialization, the sphere sorcerer's focus sphere (which is separate from sphere specialization and stacks), feats like Mage's Tattoo, and traits like Transmuter of Korada.

The latter two work because Adam Meyers is on record stating that sphere abilities count as spells of the appropriate schools, and that, for example, the Effortless Trickery feat is compatible with the Illusion sphere.

It is quite unbalanced, but that is Spheres of Power for you.
>>
>>44160413
I don't think it's really competing with themselves.

It's the next step. People have seen now that the real problem is Pathfinder itself. DSP did what they could, but why make splats for a shit system when you could make your OWN SYSTEM ENTIRELY?

And with their track record, I'm optimistically hype for it.
>>
File: 1449873769564.gif (499KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
1449873769564.gif
499KB, 500x289px
>>44160445
I've answered all the questions I'm going to answer until release, anon.

Man, this must be what it feels like to work for the government when you have nosy family members.
>>
>>44157892
>>44157856
I'm a gestalt Fighter//X. The only thing I need out of X is a teleportation ability, and I need to know what else X will give. I'm a heavily armored Str-based melee guy, wearing the literal heaviest armor possible and using a Siege Axe.

This is about that psychoportation thing
>>
>>44160458
It'd work as a hack-job Resurrection for a party member just fine, though, right?
>>
>>44160413
Who says they want to remain a third party publisher forever? Who says they plan to continue to work on PF forever?

On top of that, Rite Publishing already balances its own fantasy RPG alongside its pathfinder products. Its not competing.with yourself because thats not how market space works involving big brands. Apple doesn't take part in the "phone market" they compete in the Iphone market. Its perfectly sensible for a business to make its own phone and products for an iphone.
>>
>>44160499
Can you answer a question not about it directly but kind of?

Are *you* going to be working on it? And if you can't answer that, will you at least still be the go-to-liason between us and "it"?
>>
As a monk, is there any way possible to get an animal companion?
>>
>>44160539
I'm the worldbuilding & creative lead, working with our retained artist (who I'm very excited to be working with; she does good shit). Mechanics is being headed up by another guy and has a rather larger team to make sure we don't, for instance, do something fucking insane.

No fucking pressure or anything, I'll just be sitting here between now and release writing sometimes between bouts of existential terror. Whole setting. In my hands. I WAS NOT READY FOR THIS RESPONSIBILITY.
>>
>>44160595
Only go for one level of Monk and spend the rest as a Druid or Hunter
>>
>>44160601
"fucking insane" ? Well that's just rude.
>>
>>44160601
Please include a mention of an island full of angry dwarves with really bad beards who are almost always yelling at eachother and discussing women of all races when they're not
;)
>>
>>44160601
Alright, cool. I won't be a sneaky git and try to pry anymore information out of you. You shared a lot already. I'm at ease knowing that you're directly involved. This way we can all screech like apes and chase you directly after the game comes out.

Time to set aside some money for this shit when it comes out.
>>
File: 1437954121728.gif (177KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1437954121728.gif
177KB, 640x360px
>>44160601
>Gareth's writing the setting

Is it based in any way on Mourners? Mourners was cool.
>>
>>44160510

Yes, but their statistics would be wildly distorted short of GM discretion, and even then, they would never quite be the same due to the stipulation on regaining class levels.

You would be better off placing the spirit into an animated object by way of the Enhancement sphere.
>>
>>44160472
>People have seen now that the real problem is Pathfinder itself.
The core d20/pathfinder engine is solid enough, but there are a lot of poorly designed options for it.

>With their track record, I'm optimistically hype for it.
I will absolutely check it out, and see if I like it then.

I'm already hyped for 2 upcoming fantasy systems I will be checking out. The Witcher Tabletop that's coming out, and the Conan RPG. (Hopefully at least one of the two is good).

>>44160517
>Who says they want to remain a third party publisher forever? Who says they plan to continue to work on PF forever?
Fair point, I suppose. Though no guarantee their market share will jump ship to their new system.

>Rite Publishing already balances its own fantasy RPG alongside its pathfinder products.
It does? What RPG is that? I thought Rite Publishing was a 3pp for a couple different games but had no system of its own.
>>
>>44160649
Pretty sure he said that it wasn't, and that it'll be a completely new setting.

Knowing him though, that certainly doesn't mean that it'll be worse.
>>
>>44160601
>Gareth setting
Black Thorn Knights, Koala-men, and Tentacle Chicken Bombs here we go!
>>
>>44160649
Not even a little, anon. Mourners is based in Pathfinder. Glad to hear you liked it though!

...I don't suppose I could shake you down for feedback?
>>
>>44160701
You can shake me down any time, baby.
>>
>>44160695
GARETH. GARETH.

... THIS.
>>
>>44160701
Are you the guy to ask about psionics?

I'm this guy >>44160504
and I need a bit of a hand. The Nomad's Step power is pretty much exactly what I need, but I don't really know what else psion gives for a possible gish.
>>
>>44160670
Lords of Gossamer and Shadow.
>>
My group is starting Emerald Spire Superdungeon soon.

What should I excepted? The GM said he would homebrew the event around Fort Inevitable to makes it more relavant but probably won't touch the dungeon itself.
>>
>>44160819
Run. Flee that game and never return.
>>
>>44160701

1. Has there been any word on commission emails?

2. I have further psionics-related inquiries for you here >>44148937 and here >>44150587. I am particularly curious about the second, because a planewalking conduit (i.e. athanatist) currently does not have any way to safely trawl the Negative Energy Plane, given that the Resist Death power is off-class short of Expanded Knowledge and also distressingly short-lived.
>>
Help:
We found a luck blade with 1 wish in it.

Level 5 party consisting of evocation sorcerer, dervish dancer bard, war-priest, skill monkey investigator, and unchained rogue.

Our dm isn't a dick, and said "magic takes the path of less resistance". His example would be "i want 25K gold." The nearest 25k gold pieces would be teleported to us. It wouldn't teleport us to a bank or any bullshit. 25001 gold wouldn't work and the wish would still be in the luckblade.

What should we wish for?
>>
>>44160871
WISH FOR AN AIRSHIP NIGGA
An airship with an instruction manual and supplies would be like 20k total.
>>
>>44160837
why?
>>
>>44160871
A perfect waifu.
>>
File: All the things.png (100KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
All the things.png
100KB, 500x355px
>>44160871
SAVE IT.

Wishes are most fun when they do stuff for the plot. Don't waste a wish on a 25k gold increase or a +1 to stat, save it for something fun in-character and important in the story. ESPECIALLY if it goes beyond the safe list. If your DM isn't terrible, then he'll love you guys for it, since that sort of thing is always great.
>>
>>44160771
I'm not the guy to ask about character building in general, anon. I worry about that shit professionally, not in private. I do not like the character building minigame.

>>44160838
There has not been, and I'll pass it along but I'm not gonna promise prompt response. Holidays are ripping everyone's shit.
>>
>>44160975

I'm not sure if this was answered, but did you tell us what type of system it's going to use? Like a modified d20, or is it going to be actually new.
>>
File: Gaiden Trolling.png (300KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
Gaiden Trolling.png
300KB, 1000x670px
>>44161016
I can only repeat my earlier statement that it is not a 3.5 or PF derivitive, and will be different enough to require its own thread rather than being linked here for open discussion (it'll be off-topic).
>>
>>44159290
Is this a meme? Does the dungeon actually do any "Phantasmal Killer-ed into a Sorshen clone"-tier shenanigans?
>>
>>44161275
Like I said, we haven't entered the dungeon yet and I hope not. The only thing I got spoilered on is Book 5 takes place in Siberia literally on Earth during World War 1.
>>
>>44160948
That is brilliant and awesome. Thanks.
>>
>>44161194
That's what I wanted to know, thank you.
>>
>>44161387
You only get one chance to use a wish to make a hail mary pass at the eleventh hour.
>>
>Session yesterday was called off because three out of five players felt drained and awful from the day, GM included
>Sunday night is actually a bad time for most of the players but it's the only time everyone can consistently be mutually available

Suffering
>>
>>44161474
Sunday night is only a consistently available time /because/ it's a bad time. Games played on sunday will fail, without fail. It's a cursed day for games, because it's the night before the week starts, a day of obligation and prep for many people, and an "open day" that events get slotted into that /aren't/ ones you need to be consistent for.
>>
Have you ever played as the Milkman?
>>
>>44161548
srsly. My game is slotted for Thursday night. Made sure to find people who could make it, and everyone has near 80% attendance. It's perfect.
>>
>>44161275
Not really, there's an NPC there who apparently found the place so overwhelmingly feminine that he used its magic to turn himself into a woman
>>
>>44161575
lolwut? which dungeon is this? what page? I have to read this.
>>
>>44160701
Needs more laser-spewing warsoul metaforges and twin-plasma reactor knights. You know this to be true.
>>
>>44161575
That's stupid, but I believe it.
>>
Does anyone have the Monster Summoner's Handbook expanded summoning for clerics page?
>>
>>44161548
My session today went fine actually
>>
>>44161782
I am glad to hear that. You're an outlier from a lot of my experience and that of those I've talked to.
>>
>>44161743
WHY are flyer types "small" only.
>>
>>44161846
Because low level characters aren't meant to be flying mechas.
>>
File: WON10r.jpg (812KB, 850x1100px) Image search: [Google]
WON10r.jpg
812KB, 850x1100px
>>44160695
>Black Thorn Knights
>mfw
Reach Heaven Through Violence my friends
>>
So... since 3.5 general hasn't been a thing for a year....

and PF is close to 3.5 D&D

So...

I am playing an Archivist(Can learn divine spells like a Wizard can but only gets 2 spells for free when they advance to the next spell level)

Now say I am level 4 archivist meaning next level I get 3rd level spells. I take a dip into cleric to get undead turning for divine metamagic. Do i get my 3rd level spells from archivist? Or atleast the ability to learn 3rd level spells and have the spell slots? Also what happens if I go down the path of Artificer which is a base class not a prestige(say i go down 5 levels)?

Do i learn new 3rd or 4th level spells(do i get the 2 free I normally would for archivist) or do I just get the spell slots and have to research?
>>
File: Shy loli.gif (301KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
Shy loli.gif
301KB, 350x464px
>>44158196
Hey /pfg/ what are some fun traits that aren't just +1s or ability flips for skills? Things that open up fun RP options and allow for some extra variety? Even if they're a little situational I really like traits that open up new paths for my characters and I thought you guys might have a list or something.
>>
>>44161590
Book 3, page 38.
>>
>>44161899
My brother.

Though I much prefer, "I have therefore elected to die drowning in the boiling gore of my enemies, of which there are many."
>>
File: aaaaaaa.png (195KB, 237x407px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaa.png
195KB, 237x407px
>>44161899
MRW my DM uses black thorn knights as enemies.

>>44161946
BLOOD STEED. Best trait.http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/blood-steed
>>
>>44161920

Hi there, fellow 3.5 fan!

No, you do not get the Archivist's 3rd level spells when you dip Cleric at level 5. Each spellcasting class is tracked separately. As an Archivist 4/Cleric 1, you would have the spells of a 4th-level archivist and a 1st-level cleric, NOT the spells of a 5th-level archivist. Which means your highest spell level is still 2.
>>
>>44162001
Wait, really?

TELL ME MORE ANON. TELL. ME. MORE!
>>
>>44161899
>>44161957
>>44162001
I talked a GM into using K6BD-style demons in a game; feels good man. Can't wait for the next edition of the RPG to come out.
>>
How do you build a reach cleric with 20pt buy? This is like, the most MAD char I've ever seen.
>>
>>44161948
huh. MTF woman. Didn't expect that one. cheated on the bbeg with a nymph. Currently locked in prison or something.
>>
>>44162034
But my caster level would still be 5 right in total?
>>
>>44162114
Have you considered not playing a reach cleric? You keep bringing it up and you keep not being happy with the answers.
>>
>>44161876
Except Small PCs?
>>
>>44162114
12 dex, 16 str, 14 wiz? thats not even hard. Take combat reflexes as your first feat.
>>
>>44162130

Someone else, this is the first I've brought it up. Someone else asked about evangelist but that wasn't me.
>>
>>44161946

Two with noteworthy RP effects are Clever Wordplay and Bruising Intellect. Both are social traits that allow you to use INT instead of CHA for Diplomacy (or another social skill) for Intimidate, respectively (Bruising Intellect also makes Intimidate a class skill if it isn't already.)

The Religion trait Voice of Monsters gives you the ability to use Speak with Animals/Aberrations/Magical Beasts once per day.

The Faith trait Unnatural Presence allows you to demoralize animals and vermin in addition to gaining Intimidate as a class skill. Normally you can't, which makes this fantastic for, say, a magus using Frostbite+Enforcer+Rime Spell.
>>
>>44162156
Huh. My apologies, someone's swung buy to ask about a reach cleric or oracle a couple of times in the last few threads, so I jumped the gun.

If memory serves me, there's a spear you can finesse, so you can whittle down the MAD a little, I guess?
>>
>>44162121

No. Your caster level is 4 when casting spells from the spell slots granted by your Archivist levels and and 1 when casting spells from the spell slots granted by your Cleric level.
>>
>>44162153

16 STR, 12 DEX, 13 CON, 10 INT 14 WIS, 14 CHA

Look decent to you?
>>
>>44162156
>>44162205

>finessable spear

That would be the Elven Branched Spear. Counts as a martial weapon for elves, EWP required for everyone else.
>>
>>44160286
>>44160297
>>44160332
Giantslayer is good old fashioned murderhobo fun.

You should play it as a group of four surly Dwarves with bright orange hair and mohawks, including a Paladin of Torag, all of them out to royally FUCK UP orcs, giants, and shit.

Oh, and let one of them have a human bard cohort.
>>
>>44162253
Very. Get combat reflexes, then power attack. Then whatever.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kvBvq2DEHjRWctNG05X0JINm8/view
>>
>>44162117
And there's a whole sidequest about reuniting the two and letting them be happy.

My group just killed him/her/it, because fucking hell, we need to find Baba Yaga, not deal with relationship drama.
>>
File: LoveMe.gif (79KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
LoveMe.gif
79KB, 245x245px
>>44162174
I already swapped diplomacy and bluff for Int using this
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/social-traits/student-of-philosophy
And I'm kinda looking for things that don't just add numbers or swap stats.

>>44162001
I'm playing a more, mercantile inclined small creature so a blood horse isn't the most optimal choice
>>
>>44162284

I was trying to follow that but he was advising dumping cha and int, and I can't justifiably play a 2+int class with 7 int. I need to do something out of combat.
>>
>>44162334
yea, ignore the point buy advice, follow the feat advice.
>>
>>44162316
Signature Moves is pretty cool. i know it's kind of a Numbers thing, but it suggests a lot about the character's history.
>>
>>44162299
>spoiler

RAGATHIEL VULT
>>
>>44162367
>deus vult

I'm gonna have to start shouting shit like this.
>>
Playing as a Warder but we're using an armor as dr system so i feel useless. What do /pfg/? DM gave me the greenlight to change my maneuvers etc
>>
>>44162316

I would personally recommend taking Cunning Liar (Regional) and Clever Wordplay (Social) in place of Student of Philosophy, because that investment will allow you to use Intelligence in place of Charisma for all aspects of Bluff and Diplomacy, even gathering information (which works quite well together with the Ears of the City spell).
>>
>>44162316

That eliminates 95%+ of traits, then. I guess there's Saint's Ward (aka St Clydwell's Ward):

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/faith-traits/st-clydwell-s-ward-mendev-crusaders

Or Mystery Initiate:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/faith-traits/mystery-initiate

Defensive Strategist:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/religion-traits/defensive-strategist

Can you describe what kind of things you'd like to be able to do? There are a lot of traits, and it sounds like you're looking for something specific.
>>
How would i go about making the Scarecrow from Batman? I'm thinking alchemist, but how would i make an efficient fear gas?
>>
>>44162552
If you want to focus on fear, the Dread or several different Intimidate-focused builds are options
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/tattooed-sorcerer

Create spell tattoo: does this cost money? inscribe spell tattoo does, but it specifically mentions inscribe in the description so I don't think they just wanted to copy that.
>>
File: Tylor 1.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tylor 1.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>44162459
That might be worth it, I know a couple of things (information gathering and an ability or two) would really benefit from that

>>44162349
Signature moves has a ton of flavor to it. If I wasn't playing a more diplomatically minded character I'd be in love with that trait!!

>>44162478
I love those three! At the same time I guess they aren't very close to my character concept. If I was to narrow it down to quite a small range of traits I need things related to mercantile or skullduggery. I'm playing an ex-thief who went into travelling mercantile as he saw it was a more profitable business. He recently lost most of his money in a bad deal and now depending on how the plot and party functions he might be falling back into his old less than legal ways.
>>
>>44162070
>K6BD-style demons in a game;
How does that work?
>>
>>44162814

You take the regular demon statistics and tell the players that it looks like those things from K6BD.
>>
>>44162872
So nothing like K6BD with the masks/names/unbinding. Ok.
>>
>Rise of the Runelords
>Party is going back to Thistletop after a few expeditions
>This time, we had to bring a whiny 14 year old halfling who wanted to know what an actual adventure is like
>Decide it would be best to bring him along and throw him right in the middle of it so he will be scared shitless and go back to waiting tables
>Going across Thistletop bridge
>Me, a Barbarian, and the kid make it across the bridge
>3rd guy goes,one of the two bridge lines snaps and he falls into the water
>I immediately start taking off my armor so I can jump in and save him with fewer penalties
>By the time I reached him, he got raped by the bunyip and was literally ripped in half
>Party stood still for like 3 of those rounds
>Anyways, kill bunyip, lift him out of cave, cook and eat him
>Tell the kid to shimmy across the other rope
>He's too chicken shit to do it
>Party Cleric convinces him to do so
>Falls after 10 ft
>Jump in and save him, bring him to hole where bunyip died
>Tell DM I want to toss him on the ledge and he tells me to make a strength check
>Total comes out to 25
>"You throw him like a ragdoll, he hits the stone cave hard and you hear his arm snap"
>whoops.jpg
>Hoist him up
>He never wants to adventure again
>>
>>44162913
Well, the stats are the same. The fluff is what matters there, and stuff happening (like demons being bound or changed) as a result of the fluff.

Give them all perform ranks, too.
>>
>>44161743
>>44161846
>>44161876

What book is this from and where can I get it?

I have an insatiable hard-on to turn all of Gradius and R-Type into small PCs.
>>
>>44163174
Arcforge, a DSP playtest about giant robots.
>>
>>44163174
We're still waiting for Ssalarn to update, so take what's in there with a grain of salt, since any and all of it can be changed.

I'm kinda worried about Ssalarn though. Last time we saw him was, what, a month ago?
>>
>>44162808

In that case, here are some that might be of interest:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/commercial-savvy-regional

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/community-minded (probably best for a bard)

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/corpse-dodger

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/destined-for-greatness-large-city

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/divine-deceiver-regional

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/trait-regional-duskwalker-agent

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/expert-smuggler-regional

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/forbidden-knowledge

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/holy-tattoo

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/light-sleeper

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/numerologist
>>
>>44163203

Bear in mind that Arcforge's mechs are currently dramatically overpowered at the lower levels due to the sheer amount of benefits mechs receive, particularly hardness. It currently becomes even more egregious with Small-sized PCs and flying mechs.

The dread (eclipse) at least tries to repair the dread by giving it a powerful set of class features across all levels, rather than all of the dread's power being loaded into 11th level.

It would be best to await the return of Ssalarn.
>>
Does Pathfinder have any class like a 5E Warlock? I just want unlimited hand/eye lasers that scale with my level that don't rely on Vancian slots.
>>
>>44163395
Kineticist. Use DSP's version though.
>>
>>44163395

Kineticist but it's terrible. Vigilante is coming out next year and apparently it has a form called Warlock so I'd guess it functions similar.
>>
>>44163395
Well, there's the Kineticist.

Don't play it though. If you want to utilize it anyways, go with the Gambler, which is an archetype from Dreamscarred Press. Solves the majority of the issues the kineticist has.
>>
>>44162814
>>44162872
>>44162913

Basically the demons in the game are some elemental force from between stars, bound to a name that indicates their function and given a mask that's a physical representation of that name. Demon names tend to be obnoxiously long and elaborate (rumor has it that the BBEG has a name several pages long), and knowing a demon's true name lets you call up that specific demon instead of creating a generic demon to serve your purposes, kinda like using a site's url versus using google.

The idea, basically, of the K6BD demon, but kind of in reverse, in that they grow stronger by gaining names instead of shedding them.
>>
>>44163395
You could just use 3.5 D&D Warlock. It needs fixes to not need Hellfire Warlock to be relevant (which is stupid since it forces a heritage you might not have liked and only kicks in at mid level), but it's pretty easy to do.
>>
I feel like we should get a touhoufag bingo going on in here, but I can't tell if 'complaining about spheres' or 'jerking it to the psychic armory' should be the free space.
>>
File: 06814e8a1e152c88ea8bbea18916774a.jpg (832KB, 990x1400px) Image search: [Google]
06814e8a1e152c88ea8bbea18916774a.jpg
832KB, 990x1400px
>>44163395

As far as first-party material is concerned, you are out of luck, because Paizo has a rabid hatred against at-will magical effects.

If Dreamscarred Press content is allowed, you could look into the soulknife (gifted blade + psychic armory + war soul) for a very high tier 3 option, the cryptic for a low tier 3 class, or the uncharted tier 3 territory of the kineticist (gambler) here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19y_V3-_cKBzTYiFwt5M3Tij7ahQoPPt9XLTE1wreV68/edit

>>44163524

The psychic armory is currently the most powerful and flexible tier 3 option for an at-will "magical attacker/blaster."
>>
>>44163471
Oh, oh, pick mine!
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?211104

I picked a bunch of different heritages to be in line with Hellfire and they all manage their extra damage resource in different ways.
>>
>>44163524
Don't forget the complaining about touhoufag bingo.
>>
>>44163573
I guess you could stick 'complaining about touhoufag' on there, sure. What else?
>>
>>44163570
Can my power source be Nuclear?

I wanna be an android. Basically a man made warlock.
>>
>>44163524
kinetistist sucks should be the free space
>>
>>44163596
Free space is "sucking Gareth's cock." Add in feminism flame wars, Trumpets, someone asking about 5e and people going "5e's better technically but we're playing PF for reasons we're not sure of", and occasionally DSP dropping playtest materials in here that other forums don't see?
>>
>>44163655
What do those have to do with touhoufag, though?
>>
>>44163671
... They don't. It's midnight and I just got off a ten hour shift, sue me. I totally read this as /pfg/ bingo.

All I've got for touhoufag is "complaining about spheres" and "recommending spheres".
>>
>>44163643
That sounds fucking radical but it wasn't one of the ones I made, no. You could pick the closest one that fits and say it's nuclear. I'd say Dragon Blast with acid or fire typed energy, but the Hellfire one could work too.
>>
>>44163643
Refluff Hellfire. Every time you use a 'hellfire' blast, you're drawing on your power core.
>>
>>44163760
Fair enough, hope things get less shitty when the holiday season winds down.
>>
>>44163655
well...pathfinder has actual rules.
>>
>>44163563
Touhou-kun. Did you ever play a Weeb Fightin' Magics game that involved Spheres of Powers and we were all dragons?

Second of all, what is your favorite touhou?
>>
Anyone have any suggestions for the best way to build a pactsworn knight?
>>
>>44163903
Pactsworn Knight 1/Wizard 19
>>
File: 1435959403600.jpg (208KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435959403600.jpg
208KB, 960x720px
>>44163958
>>
>>44163789
What's so shitty about right now?
>>
>>44163987
People in retail and shipping having to work fuckoff long hours?
>>
>>44163976
Okay. Pactsworn Knight 0/Wizard 20.
>>
>>44164020
Original asker here, I lol'd.

Yeah, I know it's kinda shitty, but it's also the best way to play binder in PF currently, so I gotta give it a shot.
>>
>>44158196
>"SoP writers are reforming their project thanks to your complaints" edition

Do we have any information on /how/? The current release model they've got is what's keeping me from having any interest in Drop Dead Studios' products anymore.
>>
File: 1336633377679.jpg (23KB, 478x359px) Image search: [Google]
1336633377679.jpg
23KB, 478x359px
Ok so I had a good character going but he and another PC perished tonight.

So the old party was Anti-paladin, finesse rogue, synthesist summoner, ranger/rogue, and brute rogue(me)

Now the synthesist and I are dead and I'm trying to try something else.

I had good story going with that character so I'm kind of blank for ideas at the moment.

The anti-paladin is trying to kill his evil family and take control of it's resources

The finesse rogue is just standard rogue and I never learned his motivations.

The kobold is trying to strengthen his clan and clear space for a recently hatched dragon of his clan to grow.

The setting is fairly anti-magic up until now where we're dealing with higher power things. Arcane mages are locked into towers like in Dragon Age and the ruling power in the region is an authoritarian Pelorian government.

Evil campaign.
>>
>>44163570
>>44163643
>>44163778
>>44163781
Actually forget about it, the Fiend one's "drawback" is fully irrelevant and I don't remember why it got changed to that. Used to be harsher, maybe someone convinced me to ruin it at some point.

>Recovery: A number of times per encounter equal to 1 + your Charisma bonus (if any), you can recover 1 point of lost Constitution due to Hellfire Blast at any time during your turn. You automatically heal the remainder of the Constitution damage from Hellfire Blast when you rest for 10 minutes.
Should give you 1+Cha heals per day if anything, given that 10 minutes of rest resets it too.
>>
>>44164137
Sith Magus
>>
File: 0d51f339a8714f728798c94983d4894c.jpg (105KB, 1000x1030px) Image search: [Google]
0d51f339a8714f728798c94983d4894c.jpg
105KB, 1000x1030px
>>44163837

>Did you ever play a Weeb Fightin' Magics game that involved Spheres of Powers and we were all dragons?

I was to play a sphere alchemist|sphere incanter in a mid-level gestalt Planescape game some time ago, but I had given my slot to someone from /pfg/ at the last minute. Another slot may be opening in that campaign soon; I will be playing an alchemist (mindchemist, vivisectionist)|psion (dual disciple: athanatism and metacreativity) instead, without any Spheres material.

>Second of all, what is your favorite touhou?

Either Hina, Satori, Tenshi, Wakasagihime, or Shinmyoumaru.

>>44163958
>>44164036

The Pactsworn Knight is slated for heavy downgrades in Radiance House's upcoming rerelease of its Pact Magic book.

I would recommend waiting for that book, the revised occultist, and all of the revised archetypes therein.

>>44164099

To quote one of my contacts:

>1st, Adam Meyers is thinking of changing the patreon page from monthly payments to pay by completed project or something along those lines. Since I have never used crowdfunding or similiar I dont know what that means, but it should mean that handbooks will not /need/ to be released each month, and thus allow for more playtesting.

>2nd, Adam Meyers has created a new shared folder where authors may place documents to share with people on Giantitp or /tg/ or whoever they desire.

>With the combination of these two changes, much more playtesting will be available as the writers feel fit.
>>
>>44164186
I'm aware of the downgrades, but I don't feel too bad about using the pre-nerf version in a game where PoW is going to be on the table, as is the case with this one.
>>
>>44164137
Also forgot to ask several things.

I haven't been paying close attention to PF lately. How did the Occult, unchained and hybrid classes pan out?
>>
>>44164365
>Occult
all are terrible
>unchained
pseudo fix. not really though.
>hybrid
surprisingly good actually
>>
>>44158613
Except for the last line this makes an amazing "Spider Man" intro song.
>>
>>44164365
>unchained
Monk and rogue are strict improvements. Barbarian is simpler but weaker. Summoner is less fun but still as broken. Everything else is forgettable.
>occult
Mostly shit. A couple are okay.
>hybrid
The partial casters are great. Others are shit.
>>
>>44164365
>Occult
Mostly shit, a few interesting things. But it's pretty much all shit.

>Unchained
It was a step to the side rather than anything actually game changing. Rogue and Monk should always be upgraded, but the summoner was barely changed, and the barbarian is a sidegrade.

>Hybrid
Some of the best and most balanced classes in the game. My favorite 1pp class at the moment is Hunter.
>>
>>44164161
If it's yours, update it.
>>
>>44164414
Maybe replace the last one with

'You say he's dead, you're telling lies' and then it's golden.

LOOK OUT. HERE COMES SKELETON MAN
>>
File: Dominate Person.gif (96KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Dominate Person.gif
96KB, 240x240px
>>44164401
>all are terrible

Now, now, anon. There's no need to be so harsh. Surely you can think of one good class in the Occult book? Come on. It's practically dancing on the tip of your tongue, isn't it~? Say it. You know you want to.

>>44164423
>only partial casters are great

I've always like the Brawler, myself. It's quite frankly stronger than both of its parent classes.
>>
>>44164423
>The partial casters are great. Others are shit.
Arcanist is arguably better than a fucking wizard, and I have a hard time Shaman is bad as a full caster with hexes and essentially domains to spontaneously cast from.

If you mean JUST the mundanes with no spellcasting at all, the Brawler and Slayer are nearly always at the top of people's lists of shit to recommend to make a martial concept work, so there's something right going on there. Swashbuckler is the only hybrid that you could call truly bad.
>>
>>44164579
>It's practically dancing on the tip of your tongue, isn't it~? Say it.

Psychic!
>>
>>44164462
I did, moments ago. I just had to remember the password.
>>
>>44164596
>full casters
>good
Kill yourself, Paidrone.

>>44164579
Incredibly low bar to set, but fair enough.
>>
>>44158273
This is all pretty much correct.
>>
>>44164688
>arcanist
>not overpowered as fuck
>>
>>44164868
>thinking that's a good thing
Please die. You are the cancer in the game industry.
>>
>>44164822
Touhoufag please go.
>>
>>44164878
>thinking overpowered is a good thing
Arcanist isn't a good class, but it is good in terms of power.
>>
>>44160651
>placing the spirit into an animated object
>not placing the spirit into an unanimated object
>all your party's equipment is empowered by the ghosts of past party members
>>
>>44164878
>>44164688
You can't backpedal like that, if you meant badly designed or bad for the game/balanced, you would have said so. But you said they are just shit.
>>
Why is the Magus, a watered down wizard with weapons, considered lower in the same tier than Investigator, a watered down alchemist with weapons?

Wizard shits on Alchemist; why does Wizard Jr not shit on Alchemist Jr?
>>
Because the tiers are just a list of the different types of casters and then a list of non-casters. Their ability to do stuff is not relevant.
>>
>>44165281
They both have level 6 spells and 3/4 BAB.
>>
>>44165515
Yes, but why is Magus flagged as red (underperforms in T3 and is cutting it close to t4) and Investigator not?
>>
>>44165597
It's not flagged as red.
>>
>>44165281

A false comparison. Both the investigator and Alchemist are 3/4 BAB, 6th level casters.
>>
Anyone has a build idea for Ectoplasmatist Spiritualist?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/spiritualist/archetypes/paizo-llc---spiritualist-archetypes/ectoplasmatist-spiritualist-archetype

Yes, I'm going to go all magical realm with this character on downtime,
>>
>>44165281
Investigator isn't a watered down Alchemist since they use the same spell list.
>>
>>44165723
I think he means when it comes to class features (since alchemist has discoveries which tend to be more magical than investigator talents; also archetype support).
>>
>>44165723
And the same spells per day.

It's so much of an alchemist that it feels like someone was having a seriously lazy day when they copy and pasted the whole class for this minor archetype. It's funny that it has its own archetypes and a couple of them give up alchemy - when you do that and look at what you have, it feels like you're playing an aristocrat.
>>
>>44165746

It's still a false comparison: The Magus is a watered down Wizard because it doesn't have 9th level casting, not because it doesn't have wizard school features and arcane discoveries. The investigator isn't a comparably lower tier than the Alchemist because the features it loses aren't as comparatively valuable.

It's also not entirely correct. Investigators can take a alchemist discoveries as an investigator talent.
>>
>>44165756
Truthfully when I read the Investigator for the first time, I missed the part saying it was a hybrid and thought it was another class to expand the 'alchemy system', and was already thinking of how much cooler a hybrid Investigator + Rogue or Bard would have been.
>>
>>44163958
Pactsworn Knight Ghostrider, be spooky as fuck.
>>
>you will never go to Iobaria and cure all of the diseases
>>
File: 1431316079316.jpg (294KB, 1000x993px) Image search: [Google]
1431316079316.jpg
294KB, 1000x993px
Good evening Anons. How's been your weekend?
>>
File: oh god why.png (835KB, 626x732px) Image search: [Google]
oh god why.png
835KB, 626x732px
>>44166373
>>
Okay, so reading the investigator, it seems they actually have a decent attack option in the form of Studied Combat. "+1/2 level to attacks and damage against a given creature for 5+ rounds as a move action" good. Never mind the fucked up text of Quick Study that says it's normally a standard action to use. Did errata fix that? I'm afraid to find out because I hear the errata's shit.
>>
What happens if you have to walk through web or entangle on naturally difficult terrain?
>>
oh holy shit ahaha
>Benefit: Your bonuses for Studied Combatant increase to a +4 insight bonus on melee attack rolls and a +4 bonus on damage rolls. This feat otherwise works like the Studied Combatant feat.

Yet another instance of a feat that increases an existing bonus but at the same time acts as a whole second source for that bonus (like mythic Improved Initiative). They didn't learn!
>>
What should be the minimum Point Buy allowed in Pathfinder? Really tired of people saying they want a "More realistic and gritty" feel to their Pathfinder games when they end up just fucking Martials even more. IMO 25PB or bust.
>>
>>44166373
How is she supposed to not get hurt by that? Seems very impractical.
>>
>>44166535
When the main source of an ability is different from what a secondary source implies it is, almost always it's because the MAIN source was updated later than the secondary and not the other way around. If you have the thought to change the rule for XY, the first order of business is to alter XY, not XY+Z somewhere else.
>>
>>44166701
No worries, it has a boob window.
>>
>>44166738
Yes, but there are steps in the process that should fucking notice XY doesn't line up with C, entire jobs for it. But Paizo "we literally have a class feature called magical supremacy, god do you believe people buy this 'agenda' bullshit" Golem is trying to see how terrible at this they can be while also making money.
>>
>>44166701
DR 10/Bludgeoning.
>>
If you don't intend to multiclass but have to be melee in a class that doesn't fucking get martial proficiencies for some reason, is it worth a feat to be able to use that damn greatsword?
>>
>>44166924
Heirloom Weapon trait
>>
You know, I think /pfg/ needs to accept that the fact that the best elements of a game system are the products of a 3pp that decided to entirely ditch the system means the system is bloated beyond reason.
>>
>>44166924
It's not really worth it. There are still some great simple weapons, like the longspear, morning star.

If you're going to use a feat to get a weapon, get an exotic one, like the Falcata, Fauchard, Bastard Sword, Katana, Flambard, Dwarven Longhammer/axe or tetsubo.
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-12-14 03.32.59.png (1MB, 612x780px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-12-14 03.32.59.png
1MB, 612x780px
>>44166975
Entirely ditch which system, sorry? At the very least Gareth's written up normal spells for Lords of the Night, if that's what you're talking about.
Combat maneuvers? Those have great support in veilweaving and psionics both.
>>
>>44167007

His new system ditches PF entirely.
>>
>>44167023
His "new system"? Got a link to where I can buy it?
>>
>>44167037

Are you thick? Scroll up. Gareth has confirmed he has a new, non-PF derivative system and has been universally praised for that.

The fact that it is good news, and feels like be best possible PF-related news, means a lot about PF in general.
>>
>>44167037
Preview for it's not even out yet. He was teasing us earlier by saying that.

suffice to saay, like any good product, we'll be seeing a lot of playtest before it goes live.
>>
>>44167023
Okay, so you said "entirely ditches [Pathfinder]" but they're not entirely ditching Pathfinder and have stated plans to come back with more content for it, so good luck with the disingenuous claims?
>>
>>44167065
It is not PF or 3.5 derivative.
How is that NOT ditching PF?
>>
>>44167079
He means they're still going to put out 3pp products for Pathfinder.
>>
>>44167062
Welp, looks like it is time to teach my group Path of War and then this new system.
>>
>>44167079
Imagine you work at a burger chain.
You're also planning to run a chip wagon on the weekends.
Do you suddenly stop working for the burger chain?
>>
>>44166975
Can someone explain to me what it means for a system to be 'bloated'?
>>
>>44167092

Never claimed otherwise. I said people lauded his new system and what that means, not if Gareth will stop or not to release PF material.

The notion was that me thinking "I will play that rather than PF" even when I know nothing about the new system made me wonder about PF in general.

I came from 3.5 to escape bloated crap. PF lured me with promises of abusing the most obvious 3.X power tripping, and look at them, again all the way to tier 1. I need to check 20 different sourcebooks for monsters, spells and feats on each new adventure. I need to use an autist like to Touhoufag to make competitive encounters... That was exactly the position I was at when I left 3.5!
>>
>>44167139
Well that's sad to hear, but... for most games that don't make it to Family Game Night, the publisher makes money by publishing more content for those games. I hear the plan for 5E is that it's designed so you're using the core books plus one other at any given time, if that makes up for anything.

Also, 'ditch' means 'leave, scram, vamoose, skedaddle, go bye-bye'.
>>
>>44167139
>I have to look at hundreds of cards to make my Magic deck competitive!
>I have to practice for weeks and weeks and watch hundreds of hours of footage to get reasonably good at Starcraft!
>I have to read half a dozen codices and playtest a couple dozen games before I optimize my 40k list!

I can understand wanting something relaxing and simple. I want that sometimes too. But when I want that, I don't play Pathfinder, because I know the nature of the hobby is for it to be complex, time consuming, and more rewarding for veterans.
If you don't like that, that's fine, but let's be real here: That's not something wrong with the game. It's just something you didn't want to do.
>>
>>44167113
It's a buzzword
Like fun.
>>
>>44167178
>>44167180

I don't know if it is wrong with the game or not; in fact, I can't tell if I am digging through from simple inertia and playing PF because I play PF , because it is what is popular and Society play or if I still like the game.

What I can tell you is that Gareth announcement made me fell exactly the same that I felt when PF was announced.
>>
>>44167216
> I can't tell if I am digging through from simple inertia and playing PF because I play PF
Yeah, that's perfectly understandable; I wonder that myself often enough.
I do hope the new system is fun and interesting, too.
>>
>>44167244

Amen, bro. I am really optimist that it will be all that and will get popular amongst PF people so I actually get people to play with.
>>
Can a half-elf use the Ancestral Arms racial trait to get Exotic Weapon Proficiency in an explicitly dwarven weapon? It... feels like I shouldn't be able to justify that.
>>
File: fullyawareofwhati'mdoing.png (79KB, 147x675px) Image search: [Google]
fullyawareofwhati'mdoing.png
79KB, 147x675px
>>44167361
>My great great great-great-great-grandfather won this weapon in a tremendous victory over [yadda yadda] and our family's been training with weapons like it ever since.
>>
>>44167361
Dwarves make weapons for all races, they're the famous weapon-makers. Even an ancient enemy OF the dwarves can say their ancestor plundered that shit.
>>
>>44167382
speaking as >>44167372, I feel like it's more a matter of racial pride (which the familiar pride aspect overrides, right?)
>>
>>44167372
>>44167382
Fair enough. Dwarven longhammer it is. The weapon description mentioned carving. What shape is the head carved in to be less (or more) ridiculous?
>>
>>44167404
The MOON. As a fancy-ass design your elf ancestor requested from the dwarven smith in their rare alliance.
>>
>>44167434
ok
thanks
>>
Courtesy of 2hu

While we are on the topic of Sigil, is anyone else aware that one of the most powerful figures in Sigil is a transgendered fox-furry?

From Uncaged: Faces of Sigil:
>Shemeshka the Marauder, the so-called King of the Cross-Trade

>she calls to mind less an unclean jackal than a groomed fox from the fields of Arcadia. Her spotless coppery fur is soft and tangle-free

>To vex her most severely, ask her why she doesn't call herself the _Queen_ of the Cross-Trade

>male arcanaloth

Shemeshka the Marauder was pushed *heavily* all throughout 2e, 3.X, and yes, even 4e. In fact, one of the 3.X planar lore writers who then moved on to become Paizo's main planar lore writer, Todd Stewart, is so great a fan of Shemeshka that he uses "Shemeshka" as a username and has commissioned various pieces of furry artwork for her here:
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/yugoloth/

I find this a tad unsettling, yet simultaneously fascinating.
>>
>>44167687
1) Just because she wants to be called a king doesn't mean she's trans
2) holy shit who gives a fuck
3) touhoufag, if you're gonna try and stir shit, do it yourself
>>
>>44167774
King and Queen can have very different connotations, so one might prefer to have one title rather than the other. And I mean we had female pharaohs, and pharaoh was otherwise a masculine title.

Female Kings are nothing really extraordinary.
>>
File: shittypop.gif (486B, 23x21px) Image search: [Google]
shittypop.gif
486B, 23x21px
>>44167687
>>
File: s h i t.png (9KB, 896x114px) Image search: [Google]
s h i t.png
9KB, 896x114px
>>44165610

Unless there's a more recent list that everyone uses, I don't see how you can say this.
>>
>>44161575
BRAVO PAIZO
>>
What to do with Supernaturalist Druid?

The classes feature its get seems to be in conflict.

Trading out Wildshape and armor proficiency and ability to add Psychic spells makes it looks like a fullcaster archetype. But then it's Animal Spirits are all about melee with natural weapons.

Also any recommend spell from Psychic list?
Haste at level 6 is the only one I'm picking for sure.
>>
>>44168017
Inquisitor has a better spell list. Also inspiration.
>>
>>44168017
>>44168282
Investigator has Alchemical Allocation. They can have all pre-combat buff up as long as your gold on long duration buff potion with high caster level (Barkskin,Heroism etc.)
>>
>>44168017
2+INT skill points vs 6+INT skill point? Both are INT-based. One can do more damage but as we all knows, damage means nothing in PF/tier list.
>>
>>44163655
>5e's better technically
I take PF's problems over 5e's problems every time.
It's not better. It trades one set of issues for a (mostly) different set of issues.
I might give 5e another chance if it ever hits the point of "splatbook glut" that it has a decent number of options /AND/ when there are rules that give you more opportunities for options.
>>
>>44168282
>>44168403

Thank you. I just wanted a valid reason, not "HURR DEY THE SAME".
>>
>>44168282
>Inquisitor
And by that I meant "Investigator", but am a retard.
>>
File: YESYESYES.png (113KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
YESYESYES.png
113KB, 358x310px
>>44163307
Thanks for those! They were exactly what I was looking for.
>>
For all this talk of T1/T2 broken, T4-6 garbage, T3 master-race, how often do you really get to join/GM "T3 only" games?

Like if I go on rolld20 and just go balls-deep in a campaign, most DMs don't seem to know any better or give a fuck and you end up with a mishmash of all the tiers, right?
>>
>>44169192
Most roll20 games are low power level scrubfests.
>>
On what character are you currently working, /pfg/?
Tell me about him, or her.

My lvl 3 Magus (depicted in the middle of pic related) just got haunted by digging in a grave, looking for a copy of a prohibited book that had directions to a over-ground Drow encampment.
>>
>>44169214
Which is why people get the wrong impression of classes, too.

Level 1-3 wizards tend to suck total fucking balls.

>Nah wizards are shit. It's fine
>campaign finally hits the level where wizards get full shit, after suffering through the handful of trash early levels
>WHOAH FUCK YOU BUDDY
>game derailed, everyone quits
>game ded
>>
>>44169214
people seem obsessed with shitty rusty dagger shanktown games
where balance isnt an issue because everyone is shit
roll20 is true to this
>>
>>44169351
>>44169214
If we know this to be the case, then what is truly the strongest class for a low level scrubfest that's going to fall apart in two-three sessions?

Max sneak backstab rogue? Barbarian with axe?
>>
>>44169351
>People actually play level 1-3 rather than starting at 4 or 5
Why?
>>
>>44169436
Fighter is decent at scrub levels.

Original pow is awesome at scrub levels.
>>
>>44169460
AP's start at 1.
>>
So, how balanced is the Beginner's Box content?
>>
>>44169460
because they think it is like an MMO
pathfinder becomes fun at level 5, when classes have options
before that is annoying
ideally, no tier 1s, or the players have a gentleman's agreement with the GM
>>
Did our Mega folder get baleeted?
>>
>>44169586
Ah right. People play those.
>>
>>44169668
Looks like it.
>>
New thread:
>>44169698
>>44169698
>>
>>44169668
I made a copy two weeks ago, and haven't shared it. Hopefully the copy is still around. I'll check later, if it's still okay I'll make a backup, and share the backup.
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.