[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to play a skeleton in a pathfinder game? If so,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 976_skeleton.jpg (48KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
976_skeleton.jpg
48KB, 426x640px
Is it possible to play a skeleton in a pathfinder game? If so, would that make me that guy?

Also skeleton thread, I guess
>>
Depends on the group.

If they're cool with you playing a skelly and you aren't inappropriate with it (derailing everything with awful bone puns for example), then you're not that guy.

If you ignore the group asking you not to make a skelly or you ruin other people's fun playing one, you are that guy.
>>
>>44108122
>he doesn't want puns 24/7
Get this bonehead outta here.
>>
>>44108122
>no bone puns

That wouldn't be very humerus.
>>
>>44108082
The Pathfinder SRD website has rules for a skeleton race. It's actually some sort of parasite that infests reanimated skeletons, so you've got built in bullshit explanations for healing with positive energy and whatnot.
>>
Just apply the skeleton template.
>>
>>44108155
>>44108281
yeah, yeah.

Seriously, though, if people are trying to have a serious game and you don't think you can keep your bone puns in your pants, then don't play a skeleton.
>>
>>44108292
Found it: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/alluria-publishing/Obitu

Unsurprisingly it's a third party race. So it's questionable.

Wanting to be a skeleton could make you that guy. First, you should look at what everyone else is playing. If a dude is playing a centaur with the hopes of creating a ridable golem so he can achieve his dreams of being a mounted knight, then you should be good to tickle people's funny bones. If you're playing with with an elf, dwarf, and human that want to save the kingdom from an evil dragon, then you might want to consider playing something more standard.
>>
As long as you except and embrace your downsides as well as the upsides. Things like :
>You will likely be attacked on sight by the peasantry
>You cannot enter hollowed ground
>Pieces of you may go missing
>A rogue necromancer may just forcibly recruit you.
>Accidentale turn undead may be the end of your character.
If you just want all the upsides and none of the downsides, your that guy.
Otherwise, any good character concept can be tried and tested in my book. If you have the back story to support a legitimate use of an odd character template, I'll allow it.
>>
>>44108082
possible? Yes. Making you that guy? Depends of how you play it. I would suggest you dont go the edge and grimdark road because that can kill the fun of it. Make him into a dude who is enjoying his unlife. Instead of looking for some artifact or avenging his death he is going on a jolly adventure to kill some time. Maybe he makes some money, maybe he becomes a influential politician in some town, maybe someone builds a statue dedicated to mister skellington wearing a top hat and posh clothing to thank him for some help. Who gives a fuck? You got your whole unlife ahead of you and a good attidiude
>>
>>44108122
Sounds like you have a bone to pick with someone.
>>
I'm playing a skeleton paladin in my group right now. Shit's cash, vut rhey already figured it out ooc an provably will find out about it pretty soon ic
>>
File: Oppw-brook.jpg (74KB, 700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Oppw-brook.jpg
74KB, 700x1200px
>>44108082
>If so, would that make me that guy?
Not if you're Brook
>>
I'm playing as a skeleton in a 3.5 game. I talked it out with my DM. It's just a human, but I have the same immunities as a skeleton and can't be healed by positive energy healing. I have to do a disguise check every day (allowed to take twenty if I have the time) and deal with not getting found out.

He's a noble and soldier turned adventurer turned mercenary company leader who's son killed him and his wife and became a heinous necromancer, ruining the family name. His great grandchildren and last remaining kin, too old and ashamed to have children, raised him from the dead after learning of his former greatness, hoping he could return the family to nobility and bring new people into the family.
>>
>>44108531
"That necromancer is ruining our family name! You know what this situation calls for? More necromancy!"
>>
>>44108315
>>44108358
Well if that helps I've never played with the group but they're not a serious bunch, so I would be surprised if the game end up being overly serious.
Some of them are beginners though and will probably play standard characters, so I'm afraid asking the DM to play my snowflake race could make me that guy.
As a backstory I was thinking of an irrelevant craftsman that lived a full life, had kids and died, but somehow woke up from his grave because of latent necromantic powers or something. He got cast out from his bonephobic family and so went adventuring instead.

>>44108313
This one? http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/skeleton
Looks good enough.
>>
>>44108577
What did you expect of PC logic?
>>
>>44108955
>>44108577
Inbreeding and necromancer parents and crazy necromancer grandpa doesn't make for the most clever kids. Noble ignorance of the world. Necromancy solves everything.
>>
>>44108082
You'll just end up having a bad time
>>
>>44108579
Aside from losing any HD from classes and always being neutral evil (makes sense for nonsapient skeletons since undead are NE by default, but intelligent skeletons could conceivably be other aligments as well), that should work for PC races as well, as it isn't exactly massively powerful or anything. A little houseruling might be needed to make it function well on a PC, but that's not really hard.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.