[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Luminarch ascension in casual multiplayer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: luminarch.jpg (50KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
luminarch.jpg
50KB, 312x445px
Alright my playgroup has one dude who is super competitive and runs loads of proxies. He runs 4 of this in a super defensive weeny deck. pretty consistently getting it out on turn 2 sometimes multiples by turn 3 or 4. Our games usually have 4-6 players so him having it activated isnt too difficult. Tried explaining to him how it is fairly broken when more players are participating but he doesnt seem to get it. Any body else face similar scenarios? I know I should just meta harder and throw in a couple naturalizes and stop complaining but I can't help but groan at "everybody kill me now or I win" kind of cards.
>>
>>44088997

Luminarch Ascension is such a bitch tier card. ESPECIALLY multiplayer. You're telling me not one of the 4-6 people playing are willing to wipe a shitty two drop enchant, or deal damage to him?

This is such an unfathomable non-issue for me that it hurts my brain. All of you should fucking kill yourselves. Luminarch Ascension is such a shit low-powered $3 card that my playgroup would laugh at him until he cried and then take turns running a train on his boypussy.

GET THIS SHIT OUT OF HERE.
>>
>>44088997
Have you tried running enchantment destruction?
>>
>>44088997
Get used to it, those cards exist and people will play them.
If it's causing you problems, either fight through it, or structure your deck to deal with it.
>>
All I hear from you OP is
>hurdur he is running pillowfort with cards that benefit

Why not learn from his example?
>Mil
>Burn
>Control
>Destruction
There is so many ways to deal with this card, and they are cheap.
I built a turn 3-5 win deck with mil on like $25.
>>
File: lab maniac.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
lab maniac.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>44089202
Did it use Glimpse the Unthinkable? That card is like 30 dollars for some fucking reason.

Op should play self mill.
>>
>>44089046
It's called casual multiplayer, you goddamn bitchcushion.
>>
>>44088997
It's not like there aren't ten cubic fucktons of answers to a card like this.
Start running fucking naturalize maindeck instead of whining.
>>
>>44089288
No actually, the deck list if I remember correctly was

4 Mindcranks
4 Dismantle Guildmages
4 Index
4 Geth's Verdict
4 Mind Scour
4 Curse of the Bloody Tome
2 Cross town Couriers
2 Divination
16 Islands
16 Swamps

I guess I was fairly lucky with it, but it basically caused X damage and they mil X cards where X is whatever you want
>>
File: Ray od Revelation.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Ray od Revelation.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
Can I interest you in White/Green?
>>
>>44091803
I totally meant mind sculpt
>rookie mistakes
>time to commit sudoku
>>
File: Visions.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Visions.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
I've also found a lot of use in playing Howling Mine decks (stay with me, not group hug). Either through Turbo Fog, or with pic related, people will ignore you cuz my card draw lol until it's too late and they're taking 15 damage a turn or can never attck you ever.
>>
>>44091864
I have a solid EDH deck for that card.
Start with: Howling Mine, Well of Ideas
Move in with: forced fruition, Jin Gitaxis
Finish with: Nekusar, Spiteful Vision, Kederekt Parasite, Underworld Dreams, Psychosis Crawler.

It's silly because I've never attacked anyone. They just die.
>>
File: 1.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
TALK SHIT GET HIT
>>
>>44088997
Casual does not mean "everybody run zero interaction and have a board-building race". Christ, run a little tech.
W/G can remove stuff, U can counter, B can targetted discard
Shit out of luck with R but in this case, you're playing red and should be causing damage every turn anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 223x310px
you're welcome.
>>
>>44094511
the problem with red is dealing damage on everyone else's turns to keep the ascension off. it's doable, but a pain in the fucking ass.
>>
>>44094807
As long as you can cover one other person, you're fine. Attack with your shit on your turn, drop a bolt on opponent's second main phase if they didn't swing, etc. Luminarch Ascension puts such a massive target on you, in my experience it just brings you down to 10 life before anyone else has more than fetch/shock life-loss.
>>
>>44088997
>my group is 4-6 players and none of us can deal with enchantments? wat do?
Play cards that deal with enchantments?

I really don't know what answer you were expecting. Did you want support for banning Luminarch Ascension from your table? Why? There's a multitude of cards that deal with it. Learn to play one.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.