[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommended Homebrew Codex's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 13-HQ1.jpg (260KB, 1260x1782px) Image search: [Google]
13-HQ1.jpg
260KB, 1260x1782px
So I've been a fan of 40K for a while and lately have started taking free Codex's and trying to make them look more appealing as well as include the rules in one spot, since a lot of free codex's use out of date rules that are only contained in one other pdf, which uses rules contained in another out of date book (see the Kroot Mercenaries list for this).
Unfortunately I'm running out of free Codex's to do this to, so I was curious what homebrew Codex's could be recommended. I don't play a lot of homebrew armies so I do not know which ones are balanced, which ones are fun, or even which ones are popular.
I do this in my free time when I'm bored and this also helps me get better at making them. Attached is an example of my work (normally the page isn't this full, it's just that HQ in particular had a lot of options).
>>
Is that a template? Any chance you could share it with us? I'm currently working on a rewrite of the current Chaos Space Marine codex, and that would save me a bunch of time spent formatting.
>>
>>44088419
what are your plans for your csm homebrew?
>>
>>44088797
In my dreams, I'll disseminate it online and use it in friendly games. In reality, I'll probably just post it on 4chan and wish Chaos Space Marines had better rules.
>>
>>44088099
That's a nice thing to do. Post them on 1d4chan and here when you finish something.
>>
>>44088099
very nice effort in using FWs style

my homebrews look like shit since I barely make them look like official layouts
>>
>>44088099
the two bodyguards may be armed with the following

are 2 models getting one weapon each? or are you replacing them with a heavy weapons team?
>>
I have a homebrew for Rak'Gil I've been working on.
>>
>>44088099
There was once this massive project to re-work the whole rule set and codexes of 40k. It gone done a good deal before dying. https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Waffle_Edition_40K
>>
>>44088099
please, the plural is "codices"
>>
>>44091515
no one gives a shit about latin

even the creators of warhammer and 40k fuck up their use of latin, usually by making up words
>>
>>44091609
Just don't embarrass yourself when ordering some dominatrices
>>
>>44088099
I've had good success with /tg/'s homebrew Tyranid codex. Warriors, Pyrovores, and Melee Monstrous creatures all manage to put up a good fight, even against my Friend's Tau.

Being able to increase Toughness and by FNP on anything really helps, and along with the other variety of customization gives a lot of cool upgrades for my force.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex_-_Tyranids:_/tg/_edition
>>
>>44088419
It isn't a template, the entire thing was made from scratch in photoshop. I could post a link to the psd I've made that already has the background and all the text if you'd like so that you could use it as a template. Also if I like what you've done with the rules I might even make that Codex for you in this style.

>>44090983
As of right now I've posted three books on 1d4chan, the adversaries rules from the Witch Hunters Codex, the Kroot Mercenaries, and the Genestealer Cult rules. All of them are linked to my profile (same name as the one I use here):
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/User:Triacom

>>44091013
I just fucked up there, it's supposed to be "Up to Two bodyguards can be armed with one of the following" so I'll have to change that later. Any feedback like this on other Codices would be welcome as well since I usually work on them later at night.

>>44091028
Go ahead and post them.

>>44091394
I've seen those rules, but so far haven't really been too impressed with them, I've also been working on my own rules which I'll probably post here once I'm done (currently it's about 2/3rds of the way there).

>>44092461
It's been quite a while since I last looked at that, I'll have to give that a playtest but I just might end up doing that.
>>
>>44088099
>the pimp limo is back
get hype!
>>
>>44093511
You might want to update those codices you made to 7th edition because it contains so much obsolesence. Edit them a bit more as well because I noticed quite a few typos (like Rogue Psykers having 5 wounds or S6 shuriken catapults).

For the Kroot codex you might want to steal stuff from here:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Chapter_Approved/Kroot_Mercenaries
>>
>>44093910
The Codices I've uploaded are the exact same as the old rules, I fully intend to release updated rules later (including balanced points since the older stuff is hilariously overpriced, especially everything in Genestealer Cults), but to start with I'm keeping them in the edition they were made for.
Incidentally, while I screwed up on the shuriken catapult (got it confused with shuriken cannons) I didn't mess up the Rogue Psyker, they actually do have 5 Wounds.
Whenever somebody points something like this out, I do fix it immediately, I just don't update the uploaded pdf immediately. Pointing out things like typos or rules mishaps is still very helpful.
Also when I do update the Kroot Mercenaries for 7th edition I will be using that page as a guideline, don't worry.
>>
File: Codex Cover Sisters of Battle 2.jpg (3MB, 1274x1652px) Image search: [Google]
Codex Cover Sisters of Battle 2.jpg
3MB, 1274x1652px
I'll dump a few of mine.

Codex Sisters of Battle: https://www.dropbox.com/s/20ja6vvrllsxjhx/Codex%20Sisters%20of%20Battle.pdf?dl=0
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
>>44095679
Seems a bit bloated to me. Does an army list really need two transport flyers, pseudo Land Raiders in addition to regular Land Raiders, two different fast tanks, an oversized Rhino (in the vanilla book it's a choice between numbers and mobility, in your book there is no need to make that choice), two support HQs and two budget HQs?
>>
>>44098379
It only seems bloated because it's all in one convenient book. I could do like GW and release units spread out between multiple campaign books, but I'm not trying to sell anything so it's better to have everything in one place.

Many other armies enjoy a plethora of options so why not the Sisters of Battle?

Also a lot of units come with Opportunity costs. Land Raiders can only be taken by Inquisitors meaning you'll only ever be able to take as many as you have Inquisitors. The Rhino Advancer can only be taken by two troop choices(Battle Sisters, Repentia) if you take more than 11 models in the unit.

Just look at how many choices Space Marines or Imperial Guard have, with several overlapping options as well.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.