[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brainstorm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (82KB, 435x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 435x450px
A character is cursed/blessed in a way so that any lethal action against her life stops time, and she can perceive two timelines - one leading up to the moment of her death, and directly after. She can only affect the past. Once she causes a series of events to remove her cause of death, time flows again.

What are some interesting puzzles/deaths/etc that can be used with this character trait? System is not irrelevant.

Let's assume it's modern day.
>>
They better drop time/timeline related one liners
>>
Ever played Ghost Trick, anon?
>>
File: image.png (338KB, 500x692px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
338KB, 500x692px
>>
>>44085802
no

but thats a great place to start!
>>
IT JUST WORKS
>>
heresabump
>>
>>44085768
What are the limits? How, exactly, does the power work?
>>
>>44085768
>System is not irrelevant.
Either withdraw that "not" or state your system.
>>
>>44085768
Well, she could think of a 'signature' event or thing to warn her past self from getting into trouble. Like, say, arranging for a nearby clock to chime at 9 o'clock even though it's not currently 9 o'clock might signal for a vehicular death. Combine this with tripping on the curb on the way to work to indicate it's drinking related or something like that.
>>
The character is an investigative reporter or a journalist of some sort, always with a camera, notepad or tape recorded on her. She regularly receives media sent to her from a "confidential source" living some time in the future: headlines clipped from the next day's paper, security camera footage, cryptic emails, strange letters and correspondence, etc. that warn her of her impending doom and give her the necessary clues to avert it.
>>
>>44090613
This Confidential Source always carefully blacks out or obscures any information about the future not directly pertaining to the Reporter's mission.

The only way that the Reporter can contact her Confidential Source is through her newspaper columns, in which she can insert codes and ciphers.
>>
>>44085768
I'd play that videogame.
>>
File: 1445402414568.gif (329KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1445402414568.gif
329KB, 300x300px
>>44085768
>>
>>44085768
I like groundhog day scenarios.

But can you explain on a example how this exactly works? For time travel scenarios you need to specify exactly the mechanics. Otherwise you replace planning with guessing.

I understand it that as soon as our character dies she gets sent back in time to prevent her own death. If she dies again the process starts again.

Depending on the specific timeframe this can be gamebreaking. Didn't win at luck based game? Cut your throat and try again.
>>
>>44096626
Didn't win at luck based game? Cut your throat and try again.

she goes back and doesnt cut her throat? no to break it she would just always bet her life. but then she goes back and just doesnt bet her life.

OP your character is constantly doing everything and nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 640x1136px
Girl is shot. Time freezes with the bullet cenimeteres from her eye. Perceives two timelines.

Girl can't affect present or future. Just past. Needs to disrupt events to prevent death in past. Can step into the "past" timeline to change things.

Girl unloads gun.

Girl wakes back up at the moment in time where she origionally died, staring at gunman. Except nothing happened when he pulled the trigger.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.