[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder Building Knowledge Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 5ecb516bccb04845a45cb828341aa967.jpg (227KB, 1000x1684px) Image search: [Google]
5ecb516bccb04845a45cb828341aa967.jpg
227KB, 1000x1684px
I used to play a lot of D&D 3.5 and it took me quite the research to know how things work in that game and which ones are the best builds.

Now I'm starting with Pathfinder and decided to play a fighter instead of a caster (I got tired of them with D&D) so I was wondering if you guys could point me to the right direction build-wise. Books, feats, classes, everything I should check to get the idea right.

TL;DR: Recommend me some fighter builds for Pathfinder. Any books.
>>
First, do you explicitly want to play a member of the Fighter class, or do you want to play a fun Martial character?

If the latter, look up the Path of War materials from Dreamscarred Press. They're on the SRD, and they're a Pathfinder update of the ideas from the 3.5 Tome of Battle, giving martial characters interesting options and cool tricks to play with rather than just boring attack rolls until the end of time.
>>
File: why.gif (4MB, 581x345px) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
4MB, 581x345px
>>44080682
>Now I'm starting with Pathfinder and decided to play a fighter
>>
>>44080682
Sadly, the best way to build Fighter in Pathfinder is to makes them into Pseudo-Caster.

For example Eldritch Guardian Archetype from Familiar Folio and Relic Master Archetype from Weapon Master's Handbook.
>>
>>44080730

I kind of hated ToB.
I'm not saying martial classes weren't really bad in D&D but giving spells disguised as special abilities didn't sound too creative.
It wasn't a terrible book, but it was too imbalanced.

Also I already took a few lvls in fighter cause we started using the core book, but the GM is open to suggestions for more books now, so I'd like to know where to check.

Still thanks for the recommendation, I'll check that!
>>
>>44080739

All the "casters are the only option" got me bored already.
I don't want to cast any more fucking spells, I want to kill stuff with weapons.

Let's assume we have a flexible GM and power differences aren't a problem.
>>
>>44080682
Archery is the best way to go. Definitely check out the Weapon Master's Handbook. It fixed a bit of Fighter problem (no utility outside of combat) by allowing you to trade extra weapon training group with a full skill rank in 2 skills,
>>
>>44080774

Eh, I've never really agreed with the whole 'But they're just like spells!' thing. I've played a lot of Tome of Battle/Path of War characters, and Maneuvers are a lot different from spells, both in what they do, how they work and how they feel to use. And while some Schools/Disciplines are obvious and supernatural, others are incredibly straightforward and can be fluffed as nothing more than a special fighting style.

I'd also question 'Imbalanced', as nothing in ToB/PoW even approaches the power of core casters. Better than core Martials? Sure, but I take that as a selling point, rather than a flaw. Still, to each their own.
>>
>>44080825

Nope. I like my combat close.
Didn't leave a character that stood out of combat to attack from far to stick with another character that does the same.
Still thanks, I'm going to check that book.
>>
Here ya go m8

>Lorewarden Fighter - 10
>Human

>stats (without items)
Str: 20 (+2 for human, +2 for levels at 4&8)
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 12
Cha: 8

>Feats
LVL 1 - Power Attack
LWB - Combat Expertise
Human - Weapon Focus (GreatAxe)
FB1 - Combat Reflexes
FB2 - Improved Sunder
LVL3 - Greater Sunder
FB4 - Smashing Style
LVL5 - Smashing Crush
FB6 - Cut From the Air
LVL7 - Weapon Material Master
FB8 - Smashing Dent
LVL9 - Spellcut
FB10 - Targeted Blow

>Advanced Weapon Training
LVL9 - Versatile Training (Axes)

Skills: 2(fighter)+2(lore warden)+2(int)+1(human)+1(favored class)+2(versatile training)
Survival - Maxed
Bluff - Maxed
Spellcraft - Maxed
Appraisal - Maxed
Knowledge (Religion) - Maxed
Knowledge (Arcana) - Maxed
Knowledge (Nature) - Maxed
Knowledge (Planes) - Maxed
Knowledge (History) - Maxed
Linguistics - Maxed

This is a good versatile fighter, making use of the new Weapon master feats.
>>
>>44080789
There are better class than fighter to kill stuff with weapons. Slayer from Advance Class Guide for example. Daring Champion Cavalier from the same book is pretty good too.

Alchemist is probably the best. You drinks a strange liquid then go hulking out and goes to town.
>>
>>44080941

Thanks!

Care to point out where I can find all the material needed for this character?
>>
>>44080977

Thanks! I'll read those classes.
Do you think I'd have a problem multiclassing?
>>
>>44080983
The Weapon Master's Handbook for every feat that doesn't appear on the pfsrd. It came out recently.
>>
So.. do you guys know any reliable web where I can get these .pdf?
>>
>>44081125
check of d20pfsrd first. at the bottom of the page, there is a book source.
>>
>>44081125
Due to Paizo frequent errata/faqs/change to the rule, it is better to find information online, instead of looking at the outdated pdf.

d20pfsrd and archive of nethys has most stuff online (thanks to OGL).
>>
>>44081006
Depend on how long do you think your campaign will run.
>>
>>44081228

It will be long.
>>
>>44081200
>>44081172

Really? Everything will be there??

Sounds too good to be true.
>>
What about multiclassing fighter with brawler?
Bad idea?
Terrible idea?
Being able to use any combat feat sounds tempting.
>>
>>44081357
For d20pfsrd, they have a 2-weeks grace period after the book comes out before they start uploading their stuff (for example, they haven't finish uploading all the stuff from Weapon Master's Handbook yet).

Archive of Nethys is a lot slower to update but easier to navigate by source.

>>44081500
Not a very good idea, since it's going to be a long campaign. But multiclassing martial aren't as detrimental as multiclassing caster.
Are you sure you can't convince your GM to let your change your character class?

Also there is this fighter archetype.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/free-style-fighter-fighter-archetype
>>
>>44081908

Yep I believe I could convince him.

That fighter looks nice, but would I lose an advanced weapon training technique? Cause those are pretty neat.
>>
>>44081908

Also... since when multiclassing is bad?
D&D is not amused.
>>
>>44082095
In Pathfinder Multiclassing doesn't really gives you much. Which is why Prestige class is kinda bad in Pathfinder too. A 1-2 level dip is usually fine for martial though.

Staying in a single class also net you more bonus (some alternate favored class bonus are really good) and each class usually get their signature ability around every 5 level interval.
>>
>>44082074
If you wants to go Brawler, check out Outslug style, Outslug Weave and Outslug Sprint.

You could full-attack people from 10' feet, 10 feet step back and laugh as they can't catch up to you.
>>
>>44080682
>I used to play a lot of D&D 3.5
Then you should know better. PF somehow manages to be worse than 3.5...
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.